Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan > WindClan Events

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by Morrigan
Today 02:24 PM
[WC Healing] The Forest...
by Rose
Last post by Rose
Today 02:21 PM
How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by MockingRabbit
Today 02:17 PM
LF Dawnkit art
Last post by AriaTheFiremaiden
Today 02:15 PM
A Journey for the History...
Last post by constellation
Today 02:14 PM
Closed Thread

Old October 13th, 2021, 03:42 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default An Intro to the World Under your Paws [WC Event]

Event [#event]

It was the simple truth that one never stopped learning as they grew constantly taking in new information and skills as time passed.

Sometimes it was simple and straight forward; a new battle move or hunting crouch, sometimes it was correcting an unseen error and learning from that. Sometimes even rarer one learned something crucial and core about themselves in a way that'd change the course of their life around this new pivot. Crowtooth had faced such a lesson once so long ago when he, so young and bitter for a skill his broken lungs barred him from embracing, found the deep and a home he didnt expect to find. So fresh off a lesson that reminded him he was still young and needed to realize he couldnt control everything as much as he wished he could it was time to see if others could do the same. It was time to loosen the reigns and let his clanmates free in the deep to find themselves and see if they could love and live in the dark like he did.

It was thrilling in its own way.

After too long cooped up in the camp healing from his wounds from the shadowclan raid Crowtooth was free to resume normal duties and was throwing himself into it headfirst as he barreled into starting the event uncaring of how the chill in the sharp wind prickled along the raw scar tissue. It was time and nothing would stop him. Drawing in wheezing breaths the large tunneler let his broken rough voice boom uncaring of who it startled as a madman grin streaked across his muzzle.
"LADIES AND GENTLE CATS WARRIORS AND APPRENTICES ALL THE WAIT IS OVER AND TODAY IS THE DAY TO ANSWER THAT EVER ITCHING QUESTION! DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A JUNIOR TUNNELER AND DO YOU WANT TO! THOSE WHO HAVE AN INTEREST GATHER AND FOLLOW ME SO I CAN BRING YOU TOO THE DEEP AND DO BRING YOUR SENSE OF ADVENTURE AND DARING WITH YOU!!"
With his loud, well, crow complete the asthmatic tom took a moment to breath roughly to regain the air he expelled before lifting his tail high and marching at a steady pace out of the camp.

The location that was chosen was not the completely safe and idiot proofed warren Crowtooth had ran his first event in nor the rugged wild and completely free stretch of tunnels he tried (and failed) to use to weed out the weak to find new tunnelers. No it was a happy medium more, wild and home to the prey oft found in the deep with patches of varying strength to allow the cats to dig should they wish too. However, the skunk striped tom had checked the area ahead of time and knew it was not prone to cave ins or home to more dangerous prey or predators. A challenge for the untrained potential tunnel cats but safe enough that it was unlikely Crowtooth would end up with a dead apprentice on his paws. The warrior may have taken Twilightstars advice and lesson to heart but his worry was rational even if he went too far at first.

So here he was jumping on to the small and loose boulder pile that served as an entrance to this stretch of deep watching the cats gather with satisfaction and anticipation.

(Your cat doesn't have to become a tunneler if they compete or succeed in this event! You can join for fun and for training experience succeeding simply gives you the opportunity to become a junior tunneler which can be turned down)

@BILL. (for sidebar) @Moonraven (so you know this has started)
Sorry if I miss mentioning you for this!

Last edited by Rani; October 14th, 2021 at 11:43 PM.
Old October 13th, 2021, 03:52 PM
eternally tired

Default Re: An Intro to the World Under your Paws [WC Event]

Bearbranch

Bearbranch wasn't one to be curious about these sort of things (despite the fact that he could definitely handle such an important job) buut something came over him and he decided to roam over to Crowtooth. He thought it was interesting enough!
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old October 13th, 2021, 03:56 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Cobwebpaw ~ He/him
The dark grey tabby jolted awake from the light nap he had been taking in a shady corner of camp. He glanced around, suddenly alert, as he searched for the source of the commotion. His eyes landed on a messy-furred tom who seemed to be shouting at the top of his lungs. A name drifted to the forefront of the young tom's mind: Crowtooth. Ah, yes. He was the resident tunneler. Cobwebpaw sat up, curling his feathery tail over his paws as he considered the announcement. A Junior Tunneler? The idea was intriguing. The tom stood, giving his pelt a shake. What's the worst that could happen? Ok, that was a terrible question. Plenty of bad things could happen. But, the idea of creeping through small tunnel in the dark sounded interesting at the very least. As he trotted over towards the loud tunneler, he wondered for a moment if there were any spiders that lived underground. He had never thought to check down there, but if there were spiders they would certainly be very peculiar. The prospect of finding new and strange arachnids encouraged his curiosity even more. Once he stood near the striped cat, he glanced around anxiously to see who else may be joining the event.

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old October 13th, 2021, 04:33 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Mood: Hungry

Jaypaw watched as Crowtooth spoke, ears pricked but blue eyes had a slightly nervous spark in them. They wanted to know about how it was to work underground, it sounded rather interesting if you asked them. Jaypaw had never wanted to be special but being a tunneler wasn't too far from being a warrior. They just wanted to know. Carefully padding up to Crowtooth they could feel their blue fur tingeing a little, perhaps it was fear, perhaps it was just excitement. Well, most likely both...

Their thoughts already began to wander in fantasizing about the possible future that could maybe be in front of them if they somehow were to become a tunneler. Would Specklecloud still be their mentor or would they get a new one, or would they get another mentor who would teach them to... whatever tunnelers did. Jaypaw felt almost guilty when they realized they didn't really know what tunnelers did, just build tunnels they guessed, together with maybe checking so they didn't claps and... you know, kill someone.

Their time to think was up as they reached Crowtooth. They didn't know much about either them or the tunnelers but now they were about to find out. Crowtooth had said that they'd be tested, and that what was Jayki- Jaypaw feared the most. Because what if they failed, what if they made a fool of themselves... Starclan help me... They whispered in their mind, looking to their ancestors for help and guidance as they had so many times. It had always worked before so they trusted they do what was best for Jaypaw now to, if that was to become a tunneler or not.

- Credit to here for the pfp -

You don't have to ask permission to have crushes on/attack my OCs as long as you don't powerplay

Old October 13th, 2021, 04:49 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Deadpaw was interested, to say the least. Something about the underneath had always interested her a bit. The first event was nice, the second just as nice. Perhaps it was the fact that no one really looked at your pelt in the gloom. Maybe it was the tight spaces, making flat sprint speed nearly obsolete. Maybe it just felt........safer, as laughable as the notion of tons of dirt atop your head being safe was. But either way, as soon as Crowtooth called for cats to come see it again, she was heading over a trot, a rare smile stretching her maw.
Old October 13th, 2021, 04:54 PM

Bump Policy: after 3 days!!
My Mood: Inspired

Dawnstreak's ears pricked up in interest as she heard Crowtooth's call. She padded over. Crowtooth was one of the WindClan tunnelers, wasn't he?

She definitely was interested, never having learnt how to tunnel. Dawnstreak swished her tail ever so slightly, hoping to start.
Old October 14th, 2021, 07:01 AM
。。 enjoy the fame

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Blah

New kitty time owo

Junior tunneler? Well, this would be intresting.

Mistflight made his way quietly to the front of Crowtooth, giving the black-and-white tom a toothy grin. He was excited! Finally, he could be taken as a tunneler apprentice, his dream come true! "Alright then, Crowman. I'm in! Seems pretty fun to me."

slowly dipping my toes back in

character hoard

Star fixed the indents here,♡
Old October 16th, 2021, 02:29 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

A small crowd had gathered and soon enough there were enough cats for Crowtooth to work with so while he took a moment to internally tell himself to relax at the apprentices in the group he decided to begin. If more cats came over after his explanation or even later they could join and deal with the disadvantage their delay (and so less time) gave them, team em not to be late next time anyway. So getting to his paws from his rocky seat he cleared with throat with a loud cough and began.

"Hello hello and welcome to the trial and I suppose first lesson about the wonderful and dangerous world of the deep! I promise you it will be like nothing you've experienced before and couldnt be more different then the open moor we are all so used to! Now this event is as much for those who want to see if they like it down where its dark as much as it is for those who've already made up their mind and are aiming steadfast for the rank, just because you complete and pass doesnt mean you need to become a tunneler in training.

But for those who are interested in the role here's how that works! Successfully completing this trial will qualify you for the rank as a tunneler in training on top of the rank you already have and earn you extra training for the skills you'll need to thrive! Apprentices you'll be keeping your old mentor just having added lessons with me unless you want/request a mentor transfer to a tunneler. Once you've trained to satisfaction Ill run a small test of your skill like an assessment and Ill present the results to Twilightstar, should she find you ready you'll gain the full rank! As a tunneler you'll do your normal duties as a warrior (or apprentice) but may also be called on to patrol and hunt in the deep as well as dig new paths or reinforce existing ones depending on what will help Windclan the most! Also the warriors will have the know how to give apprentices basic lessons about the deep if they ask for it.

Makes sense? Yes? Good."

Ugh too much talking at high volume he'd need to ask for something from Peachfrost after this because ow. Still the tom took a moment to rest his deep and broken voice lest it get even more unintentionally terrifying to listen to before he continued.

"The goal is simple! Dont die or get hurt, try to achieve as many challenges from a list of tasks as possible to prove your skill and above all else, find me. That's it. You may work alone or in pairs as you wish and should you get into trouble call for me and Ill come find you and take you to the surface. Call for me and I will assume you've forfeited and are giving up so do not do so lightly or be disqualified because you decided to play games. Now prepare, find partners or teams should you wish, ask questions, stretch, whatever you wish. We begin soon."
With that the bulky tom sat back and waited once more.

How this will work:
-Once the event starts each ‘round’ rp your cat attempting to achieve a goal or find Crowtooth!
-You should include your cats actions and how they try and do this!
-Dont describe them succeeding or failing though because progression is determined through dice rolls!
-I will roll for you on our next post and and each number rolled will correlate to a letter you earn!
- 1 is a B, 2 is a U, 3 is a R, 4 is another (2nd) R, 5 is a O, and 6 is a W.
- Complete the word BURROW to succeed in the event and qualify! Once the word is complete you find Crowtooth!
-(Pro tip the more replies you do and rounds you manage to participate in the better your chances of success)
-To encourage more then 1 line responses posts over 100 words will get advantage (if you roll a number you've already got before I will roll again so you get another chance) (If the 2nd roll is also a duplicate though bad luck....)
-Latecomers completely welcome just throw your cat in!
-I will be rolling bare minimum every 8 hours often more.
-There's no reward for finishing first just that you finish!

Potential challenges/tasks you can try: Hunt some tunnel prey (rabbits, voles, burrow mice/rats, moles, ground squirrel), try and dig your own tunnel from scratch, try and navigate using a specific sense (sound, scent, vibrations, sight is kinda useless here), try and find other clanmates to see if they've had any progress, widen a narrow shortcut so you can squeeze through, attempt to locate a larger more open cave rather then the smaller passages, contort through a difficult spot, and attempt to find the surface again to regain your bearings.

Last edited by Rani; October 20th, 2021 at 08:42 PM.
Old October 16th, 2021, 02:37 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Mood: Hungry

Jaypaw swallowed, even more nerves then before. Because Crowtooth had said "Don't die or get hurt" there fore implying that it was a possibility... Not very happy news for someone who already felt like their stomach was fluid with bugs and butterflies who all tried to find a way out at the same time...

Crowtooth seemed like a fun cat at least, charismatic and talkative, and he had answered Jaypaw's question, about the mentors. They would be keeping Speckledcloud, just receive more lessons from Crowtooth. Good, Jaypaw had taken quite a liking to his mentor and was glad becoming a tunneler apprentice would change anything there. That was if they became one at all, which by how Crowtooth talked didn't seem as a likely option to them...

So, Crowtooth had told them they could go alone or in pairs, as much as Jaypaw didn't want to be alone down there they felt that trying to find someone who would be willing to be with someone like them, it would be a waste of time and effort to he might as well go alone.

As fro what they'd be doing. Crowtooth had given them tasks to pick from and do. Hunting seemed like a good option, they had had hunting practice so that could help out. All the other options seem far more challenging to a cat their size, like making your own tunnel was something that larger cats like Crowtooth could do. Though Jaypaw small size and overall slim build could come in use as well, they could maybe crawl through small spaces or something like that, that bigger cats wouldn't be able to do.

Now they only thing to do what wait until Crowtooth gave them the green light to go, oh and prepare of course! Jaypaw would hardly be able to find anyone to team up with so they'd have to prepare. But prepare how, running around to warm up could be an option, going over the tactics in their head was good but it would look to Crowtooth as if the were doing nothing, and that wasn't something that they wanted.

So running it was. Jaypaw looked around and moved away a little as not to kick dust in anyones' eyes before taking a good stance and begging to run. It wasn't sprinting, instead they moved in long leaps forward, galloping forward and keeping their breath calm and collected as not to be out of it as soon. When they had gotten into a good pace they began to switch things up a little, changing from a solid rhythm to leaping over things here and there and then making a sharp turn to the side, as if a tunnel turned and they followed. They found it was surprisingly fun to pretend to be underground and just hoped the real thing would be as enjoyable as the thought.

But enough running for now, Jaypaw would have to save some energy for the tunnels and though they weren't out of breath quite yet they slowly came to a stop with a little pounce at a large leaf, as if it was a piece of prey they had now caught. Next.., uhm, stretching, yes, that sounded good. Perhaps they should have done so before they began running but that would be useful as well.

They first did the most common stretches, like what you did when you woke up before doing each and every paws one at a time, stretching them out and carefully flexing their small claws a little, almost like they were afraid to hurt someone on accident. Suddenly a thought popped up in their head. They looked from their claws to the ground and over towards in the general direction of the tunnels.
If I keep my claws unsheathed when I run... I might get a better grip.. It should work, it worked in their mind at least.

Well, might as well try it out... Because they weren't taking any risks once this started. They made sure to regain their breath fully before charging again, this time with claws out... and... found it went better, if ever so slightly. But it felt wired two, unfamiliar, almost unnatural, b-but that must just be because it was the first time they tried it out, some practice might turn this into a good skill to have.

Coming to a stop again (without a pounce this time) they glanced towards Crowtooth and suddenly felt the nervousness return stringer than last time when they realized he must have seen their whole little... thing... Great.. Jaypaw must have looked like a dump kit running around randomly like that. They swallowed again and continued to stretch while waiting for the tunneler to give them the next order.

- Credit to here for the pfp -

You don't have to ask permission to have crushes on/attack my OCs as long as you don't powerplay

Last edited by Singing Jay; October 22nd, 2021 at 06:59 AM.
Old October 16th, 2021, 06:12 PM
eternally tired

Bearbranch

Bearbranch thought that explanation was simple.. enough. It seemed like he definitely could die doing this and while it wasn't like he had THAT much to live for he would've still liked to live at least a bit longer. He didn't know about going in a team though.. they might drag him down or he might drag them down. BUT if someone asked him, he probably join depending on the cat.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Closed Thread