Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 02:02 PM
fog and truth [f]
by alec
Last post by Tallstar
Today 01:42 PM

Old November 1st, 2022, 09:48 AM

Clans Goodbye forever

For some reason I had some inspiration to type out a roleplay post so I decided to make parting posts for all my characters. This is a goodbye from them and a goodbye from me. I hope everyone has a wonderful journey on here and congrats to the future Riverclan deputy, whoever that will be. Slatewhisker's proud of you.

Last edited by ~Fierce~; November 1st, 2022 at 09:49 AM.
Old November 1st, 2022, 06:21 PM

RiverClan Slatewhisker

~Slatewhisker~
She hadn't even seen it coming. She had just been taking her daily walk, just following her daily routine, when the scent had hit her. It was an unfamiliar scent and she had instantly gotten into caution mode. She quickly padded in the direction of the scent, making sure that her pawsteps made as little noise as possible. She didn't want to alert the intruder beforehand that she was there and risk the cat escaping. She was going to chase them out in the end but she needed to chase them out to the territory, not risk them running around in Riverclan territory. They could hurt her beloved Bluebellpaw. And Snowkit. She added in an afterthought.

She didn't know what to feel of that little kit. She hadn't adopted Snowkit by her choice but she had heard the kit calling her mommy or mother, or something like that. While she wouldn't reject the kit in front of her face, she wasn't sure if she could manage having another weight on her shoulders. She already had enough difficulty with Bluebellpaw and had regret about not being there for her and she knew the guilt would eat away at her if she didn't pay attention to Snowkit. Nonetheless, not the time to think about it now. She had to focus on the task at hand.

She sniffed the air around her, aware that the scent had grown stronger the more she walked. Suddenly, she stepped into a little clearing and the scent seemed to reach it's peak. This was where the source of the scent was. But There was nothing here. She walked around in circles around the clearing, twitching her ears in confusion. She was so lost in thought that she didn't even hear the pawsteps that were headed for her, the growl from the outsider, and the whooshing of the wind as the cat jumped towards Slatewhisker.

Slatewhisker let out an oof as the wind was knocked out of her. She tumbled to the floor in a tangle of limbs and two bodies as she attempted to remove the cat from on top of her. By no means was this cat small. They were the same size of Slatewhisker and Slatewhisker was no small cat. She felt a slice of pain on her shoulder as the cat dug a claw deep. The metallic tang of blood hit her nostrils and she let out a growl of pain, her blue eyes alive with fire. She looked at the cat and lunged her head to attempt to bite the outsider's throat.

But the cat was too quick. They had Slatewhisker wrapped around their paws and they rolled so that they sent Slatewhisker flying as the cat released her. Slatewhisker quickly stood up but not before she felt claws digging onto her back and she was back on the ground. She twisted and twisted until she was belly side up, the cat on top of her. She let out a furious yowl and with all her strength kicked up at the cat until they went flying. She stood up and took a quick look at her shoulder. Definitely a deep wound and it was dirty. Her left front leg was already covered in blood, the fur matted there.

She looked at the cat as they let out a growl and, seeming to go in slow motion, both cats ran at each other, teeth bared and claws out. They met in the middle, Slatewhisker standing up on her hind legs last second. What a big mistake. In the end, the outsiders rammed into Slatewhisker's belly and she was stunned as she was pinned to the ground. Frozen in shock, only her blue eyes followed the outsider as they lunged at Slatewhisker's belly. A long, sharp pain filled her body and her mind went numb as she processed what this would mean.

She was dimly aware of the fact that the outsider had left her there in the little clearing, having run off to who knows where. She just lay there in pain as she looked up at the sky, feeling the life ebb away from her body as the blood pooled under her. She let out a sigh, letting all her emotions and thoughts rush her one last time. This was the last time that she would overthink while she was alive. Next time she would be doing it as a Starclan cat. She winced as she closed her eyes and took her last breath.

---

The next time Slatewhisker had opened her eyes, she knew she was dead. She was in Starclan, her body a splatter of stars. She looked around her new home. This wouldn't be that bad, right? She would miss her clan and family dearly but the time had come for her and she found it easy to accept it. Letting go of all her responsibilites felt great. She looked around once more before her eyes settled on a cat next to her. She had felt their prescense there but hadn't acknoledged them until now. Her eyes filled with instant tears as she recognized who it was.

"Mother? What are you doing here?" She meowed in surprised and joy, her voice cracking from held back tears. She padded closer to her mother until she was touching her. She let a sob escape her.

"I'm here to greet you to Starclan my love. I never told you, but I remember who your father was. His name is long gone but he was a former clan cat. He explained to me all the adventures he had living in the clans and believing in Starclan was one of them. It was easy to convince me to believe back then, being madly in love with your father. After he left, I continued to believe and when I died, I ended up here. I'm glad that we're reunited again." Slatewhisker's mother gave a bright smile as her own eyes started to fill up with tears.

Slatewhisker let out a small laugh before nuzzling her mother's shoulder. She was finally with her again. She let her sobs overtake her as she cried into her mother's shoulders. She felt lightweight and ready to spend her time in Starclan. She continued sobbing in happiness as Slatewhisker said goodbye to the living world forever.