Last post by gs29513
Today 01:45 PM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by SilverFur.
Today 01:43 PM

Old December 8th, 2022, 08:08 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default My Book! [FULL THANG]

Hello again! I will be posting chapters separately from this post! Send me your reviews, and keep in mind that i'm a middle schooler pursuing a dream of writing, not some famous author, so uh, just try not to be mean! Criticisms are welcome, just beware my short temper <:

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old December 8th, 2022, 08:09 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person

Default Re: My Book! [FULL THANG]

Epilogue
----------
“Stop this!” The Realmbender cried, her long purple hair flowing in the warm air. Fire and dirt flew around her, smoke billowing from the blackened grass. This war was unnecessary. With a snap of her fingers, the Realmbender could end it all. But that was what all of the species were afraid of. Waterbringers, Windwalkers, Leafreaders, Flameriders, and Nightstriders, all fighting for freedom. But the Realmbenders weren’t controlling anyone. People were just afraid of their ability. “STOP!” She cried again, watching her comrades fall to the ground. The five leaders of the species stood before the Realmbender, their eyes filled with nothing but fury. “The Realmbenders have done nothing to deserve this war.” She pleaded, voice strong, but purple eyes reflecting desperation. The Leafreader stepped forward, poison ivy strung through his beard. “What reason have we to believe you, Realmbender?” He demanded in a gruff voice. The other leaders began to talk amongst themselves, booming voices filling the area around them as the war pursued. The Flamerider raised his hand for silence, and the leaders’ voices died down. “We may not have all the powers you do, but we have dignity. LET THE WAR CONTINUE!” The Flamerider roared. All at once, the leaders of their element launched their most powerful attacks at the Realmbender. A blast of magma, giant ice spikes, huge poisonous vines, an orb of darkness, and a blast of hurricane-level wind. The Realmbender knew what she had to do. She lifted her hand to the five elements, and took a deep breath. In a burst of blinding purple light, she was gone. And so were her fellow Realmbenders. The five leaders of the armies gaped at the spot the Realmbender had stood just moments before. The Flamerider stepped forward, his flaming hair blowing in the soft wind. He looked down at his fellow people. “THE WAR IS WON!” He roared. All the people around him cheered, throwing weapons or hats into the air with joy. The Leafreader stepped up next to the Flamerider, putting his large hand on his comrade’s shoulder. “The world shall rejoice!” He declared. The Nightstrider stepped up next, putting her skinny hand on the leader Leafreader’s shoulder. “We rejoice for your bravery!” The Waterbringer stepped forward, putting his hand on the Nightstrider’s shoulder. “We rejoice for our freedom!” The Windwalker stepped forward, putting their hand on the Waterbringer’s shoulder. “Let a festival mark this day, for generations to come!” And together, all five leaders declared, “LET THE FESTIVITIES BEGIN!” With another roaring cheer from the crowd, music played, and dancing begun. In the sky, danced features of all the species combined powers; Fireworks, water fountains, shadows creating silent performances, beautiful art made with plants, and wind carrying decorations across the sky. All rejoiced, for their victory in the war.

Last edited by sock; December 8th, 2022 at 08:09 AM.
Old December 8th, 2022, 08:10 AM
don't eat me

Chapter 1
I’m Really Tired
----------
I sat on the bay of The Sacred Lake, twirling a bit of my cerulean hair around my forefinger. It was kind of early, and i doubted that my mom even knew i was out of the lake. I glanced up from the glittering water that began to reflect the rising suns. Kalpana had three suns, but they were all really small. I fixed my emerald green eyes on the three orange dots in the sky that i knew were the suns. I should probably have been heading home by then, but i decided to stay a little longer. The lake always made me happy. But, i knew i should be heading back before my family worried. I stood up, brushing sand off of my navy blue shorts. I straightened my cowrie shell choker, and walked towards the old wooden dock. I heard my blue flip-flop’s familiar sound against the wood. Flip, flop, flip, flop, flip, flop. I stopped at the end of the dock, which barely went out far enough to reach further than the shallows. The Sacred Lake was almost as big as an ocean, and it surprised me how much freshwater could fit in one place. I glanced around at the small houses that freckled the sand around the lake. Most Waterbringers lived in the lake, but i could see why some might want to stay on land. At least up here you wouldn’t have to worry about your room being flooded every week when the air service was down. I sighed, shaking the random thoughts out of my mind. I gazed back down into the crystal clear water, and dove in. As soon as my skin touched the water, i was glossed over by cerulean scales, and I felt a tail protrude from my shorts. My pupils slitted, and my fingers and toes were connected by a thin webbing. I took in a long breath through my nose, and exhaled through my mouth. As usual, a huge bubble ejected from it, floating up towards the surface. I loved doing that. But, i had to focus. I tugged on my teal tank top, that for some reason insisted on floating off my torso. I huffed, and flipped myself so that my head was aimed towards the depths of The Sacred Lake. With a flick of my tail, and a kick of my legs, i was off. I shot towards the sea floor, eyes squinted against the current. I felt something brush against my ankle, and immediately knew what it was~ it was my pet shark, Riptide. I stopped, and turned to face him. He was a large Sharptooth shark, with big cute eyes, an- wait. Im getting off track. I gently reached out for his dorsal fin, and lowered myself onto Riptide’s back. He clicked his teeth once, and i responded with a pat on the head. Immediately, we shot forward, faster than i was going on my own. I pressed myself against his slick back, and closed my eyes against the stinging water. Finally, i felt Riptide slow down. I sat up, opening my eyes. Great! We were here already! Moray City. The buildings loomed overhead, neon signs almost blinding me. I blinked, and looked back ahead of me. There were street performers, surrounded by crowds of Waterbringers watching in awe. I guess they were already hyped for the Festival of Freedom. The Festival of Freedom celebrated our victory against the Realmbenders, who’s story was passed down from generation to generation. I think the story went like this: Long ago, Kalpana was a drab, empty, lifeless world. Nothing but dust laid upon its horizons. Until, one day came the Realmbenders. They created our lands, our seas, and our mountains. Soon, the first of all the species were entered into Kalpana. They all got along for decades, until one day... The five species rebelled against the Realmbenders. They believed that they had too much power over Kalpana. A huge and bloody war broke out, and the Realmbenders went extinct. All of Kalpana rejoiced in the victory while mourning their losses, yada yada yada. Everybody knew that Realmbenders were just a story for babies, but some people still believed in them. Including me. Yeah, it sounds a little weird, but it’s fun to believe! Anyway, i gave Riptide another pat on the head, and he swam off into the lake. I knew from experience that the shark didn’t like the city, or just people in general. I continued swimming on my own, racing around people, and through alleyways. There were some yells of dismay, and i did knock a few people over, but hey; they should know that this is my daily routine. I stopped to catch my breath next to a boba shop, and thought it might be a good idea to get myself a little treat. I was about to open the door when a movement caught my eye. I let go of the handle, and turned my head towards were i saw the movement. “Well, look what we have here girls!” Came a snide voice. I watched in horror as Kua and her gang strutted out of the alley. Kua was a girl that went to my high school, and everybody loved her. Of course, her lackeys followed close behind. Ursula and Shelby. Kua had long aquamarine hair, and disgustingly overdone make-up. Shelby seemed to have bought eyelash extenders, and they were… huge. At least an inch long. I looked to Ursula, hoping that at least she had an ounce of sense. But no, she too was trying to look cool. They all wore crop-tops and jeans, and i REALLY wanted to look away. But once Kua and her gang found you, there was only one option: utter humiliation. I sighed, and let my feet touch the muck that was the sea floor. “Oh, Kua, hello, i was just avoiding you!” I said in a casual tone. “Oh, it’s the Clown Fish!” Kua laughed, and of course Ursula and Shelby let out their own shrieking laughs. I rolled my eyes, and grumbled,, “My name’s Nixie.” Jeez, these girls were already getting on my nerves! As if they didn’t bully me every day in school, they felt the need to humiliate me in public! “No Clown Fish, you know how nicknames work!” Kua laughed. “Say, why isn’t your daddy here to protect you? Oh right~ He died!” Kua and her lackeys laughed in their stupid prissy way. I clenched my fists, feeling anger rise in me like bubbles trying to break the surface. “Why did he die anyway, did he look at your mother and decide suicide was best?” I closed my eyes, willing the tears to stay back. “Or maybe he couldn’t stand living in your dingy apartment anymore!” My body started to shake. “Or maybe-” “SHUT UP!” I shouted, the anger-bubbles finally popping. “Ohhh, poor baby is upset!” Kua teased in a mocking baby voice. “Listen Kua, I would LOVE tto insult you, but i’m afraid i can’t do it as well as nature has!” While Kua tried to process what i’d just said, i swam off as fast as i could and let the tears fall from my eyes. Why did she have to bring up my dad? She could have teased me about anything in the world, and she chose my dad. He had died a few months ago… mom found the suicide note just after we found out what happened. I wiped my cheeks, even though that did relatively nothing (i was underwater, you see) and came to a halt in front of the huge apartment complex that housed my family. I opened the door, and was greeted by the familiar sight of a huge bubble that stretched across the doorway. With a short sigh, I stepped through it. The dry feel of warm air hit my body. My scales dissipated, and the webbing on my hands and feet retreated back into my skin. I gave my hair a flip to get it out of my face, and walked through the lobby area. There was a large wooden desk in front of me, housing a bell, a drawer of room keys, and other miscellaneous items. A scruffy Waterbringer with a goatee and fluffy hair stood behind it, and gave me a friendly wave. “Mornin’ Nix!” He said in a warm greeting. “Hey Marnie.” I said, waving half-heartedly. “Something wrong?” The Waterbringer asked, leaning over his desk. “It’s fine, Kua was just bullying me again.” I yawned, stopping to talk to him. Marnie sighed. “If you ignore her, i’m sure she’ll go away kiddo.” He said, patting my head. “Thanks Marnie, i’ll try that.” I said, slipping from under his hand. Marnie was a nice guy, but he just didn;t understand highschoolers. Well, I guess that made sense. He dropped out of high school, after all. And i think im the only highschooler he’s ever talked to, so i couldn’t blame him. I gave him a final wave, and made my way to the elevator. The doors opened with a ding! And I stepped inside. There were 10 buttons; one for each floor. I pushed the 6 button, and the metal contraption rose. Very slowly. Very very slowly. I leaned against the railing that lined the walls of the elevator, and pulled a jar of water out of the leather satchel that laid across my right side. I set the jar down, determined to get this presentation (for school) right. I twisted open the lid, and lifted my finger. A jet of water danced out of the jar, and I watched as I made it float through the air. I snapped, and the clear liquid shifted. It’s shape bubbled into a portrait of me~ short hair, curtain bangs, and a small smile. I thought it looked pretty accurate. As i was admiring my work, the elevator decided to stop with a jolt. Jee thanks inertia~ you caused my project to ruin the carpeted floor of the elevator. The water dropped as i lost my focus, soaking the ground. I sighed, and stood up. Easy fix. WIth another snap of my fingers, all the water flung up out of the carpet, and into my jar. I put the jar back in my bag, and waited for the door to open. With another ding, it let me through. I paced down the hall, looking for the door that had the number 623 on it. After a minute of walking~ and swervng around a house cleaning lady~ i stood in front of our door. Unlike the other bright blue ones, ours was bright blue- WITH FLOWERS. I chuckled, and opened the door. “NIXIE!” Came the cry of my mother.

Old December 8th, 2022, 08:29 AM
cynonari and kavetham &amp;amp;lt;3

Bump Policy: ✧ 2 weeks

Beautiful. I love that shark its very cute, ur gonna make me want to swim with a shark and then im gonna get bitten lol
Old December 8th, 2022, 10:13 AM
don't eat me

Chapter 2
I Get Kidnapped By a Blobfish
----------
“Nixie, why were you out so early?” Mom demanded, dragging me inside. I tugged my wrist out of her grasp, and sighed. “I don’t know…” “Dearest Nix, that isn’t a good enough answer for dearest mother!” Came the voice of one of my older brothers, Jacob. He seemed to determined to be extra stupid this weekend~ last night he snuck out with his friends and dumped cockroaches in our upstairs neighbor’s sink. Don’t ask me how they did that. “Shut up Jakey, Nix can fight her own battles!” Chimed Dean, Jacob’s twin. “After all, she fought real hard against that spider last night!” Dean said in a mocking tone, patting my shoulder. I grumbled a curse, and brushed his hand off me. “Nixie, answer me.” Mom growled. “You could have told me where you were going!” “Yes, dearest sister Nix!” Jacob said in a dramatic voice. “Go to your room!” Mom snapped. Jacob raised his hands, and headed towards the room he shared with Dean. Speaking of Dean, he was trying- and failing- to hold back laughter. “You too Dean!” He bowed dramatically, and ran off in pursuit of his brother. I turned back to mom, my green eyes holding a hint of annoyance. Mom sighed. “Im going back to bed.” She groaned, rubbing her forehead. I gave her a small wave, and then sat down on the couch. Dang, i was EXHAUSTED. I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep, but there was a loud noise in the hallway. It sounded like… breaking things? I groaned, prying myself off the couch. I trudged to the door, the only thought in my mind being how comfy the couch looked right about now. I cracked the door open just a bit, so that i could examine the thin halls. “OH MY GOD-” I yelled, slamming the door again. What i had seen was a man in a mask~ specifically a blobfish mask. I couldn’t see his face, all i knew was that he had a gun. I looked out the peephole on our door, peering out into the hall again. I saw three dead Waterbringers~ a family at that. A father, with a handlebar mustache and balding hair~ a mother, with long hair reaching her waist~ and a son, with short fluffy hair. They were all bleeding. A lot. I vualted into my brothers’s room, greeted with the sight of them trying to light the carpet on fire. “What’s going on?” Jacob asked, seeing the look on my face. “Dude! Dude with a gun!” I panted. “Gun!?” Roared Dean. I nodded. They trampled me, racing into the living room. I shot after them, leaping over the couch. “Pickled fish lips! There is a dude with a gun!” Dean whispered. Jacob pushed him out of the way, gazing out the small peephole. “What do we do!?” I asked. Dean and Jacob shared a look~ i caught a mischievous glint in their eyes. They each nodded, and ran back to their room. Knowing them, i knew they were probably going to explode the hallway. But, they came back with a fart bomb. Scratch that, they came back with twenty. I momentarilly wondered where they got all of them. They flung open the door, and the blobfish-maniac-guy whipped around to face us. FIght of Flight. We obviously chose to fight. He raised his gun, but my brothers raised their fart bombs. I watched as Dean and Jacob flung them, and yelled, “BOMBS AWAY!” We backed up, and covered our noses with our shirts. Even through the fabric of my tank-top, i could still smell the horrible scent of the stink bombs. It smelled like… Well, ok, imagine every bad smell. The worst smells you’ve ever smelled. It was like all of those combined, plus extra stink. Like i said: horrible. But blobfish-gun-guy wasn’t fazed. He lifted his gun, and shot a few warning bullets, which made my brothers scatter. They ran back to their room, and i heard Dean call, “You show him what for, Nix!” I looked from my retreating brothers, back to the dude. I was surprised that mom could sleep through all this. “Hey! Hey you! Why are you here!?” I demanded, clenching my fists in a threatening manner. The blobfish-gun-guy didn’t speak. I pulled the jar of water from my bag, and smashed it on the floor. The blobfish-gun-guy was stunned for a moment, probably shocked at what i’d just done. I let out a yell, and lifted my hands. The water rose in huge ice spikes, aimed towards the blobfish-gun-guy’s head. The dude set his gun slowly on the ground, and raised his hands in the air. Hah! He was surrendering! I was so happy with myself, that i didn’t remember i had to focus to keep my icicle threat frozen. I heard a splash, and gasped. The blobfish-gun-guy pulled another gun out of a backpack i just no wrealized he had, and shot me. I watched the world fade to black around me, and my limbs felt like an extra twenty pounds had just been dropped on them. Then, my eyelids closed, and i fell to the ground, unconscious. What felt like seconds passed before i woke up in a dark room. So dark, that pitch black darkness, that causes colors to swim and wave in your mind’s eye. Wait~ the room was moving? No, i was in a car. What seemed like the back of a big van. “You’re awake.” Came a voice behind me~ it seemed to be a woman’s. I whipped around, squinting against the darkness. “Who the hell are you!?” I demanded, reaching for my leather satchel. My wrist was grabbed. “I’m Stingray. My friend you met earlier was Blobfish.” Came the voice. I tried to pry my wrist from the invisible grip, but it wouldn’t come loose. The pitch black around me was unbearable! I needed to see what this ‘Stingray’ looked like! I pulled harder, once again failing to free myself. “Calm down, kiddo.” The voice said. I huffed, and stopped squirming. I looked down at my wrist, gasping when i saw a claw made of pure shadow around it. I yelled, once again trying to yank my arm free. I froze when i heard a bang come from around my left side. “Oi, be quiet back there!” Came a gruff voice. “Yeah yeah, shut up Blobfish!” Stingray yelled back. There was a grumble, and then it was silent for a bit. I looked back to where Stingray’s voice had come from. “Is there anybody else i should be aware of?” I growled. “Yes!” Came a voice from behind, a bit higher pitched than Stingray’s, and a little more energetic too. “Oh yeah.” Came Stingray’s voice again. “That’s Humuhumunukunukuapua.” “Wh-” “Don’t ask.” Stingray responded before i could finish the sentence. “Good to meet’cha!” Came the happier voice, now known as Humuhumunukunukuapua. “Call me Pua if that’s too long for you!” Humuhumunukunukuapua said. “Ok…?” I mumbled. “So, why am i here?” I aksed, turning my head back to the spot i expected Stingray to be standing. “Ask Blobby, he didn’t tell us.” She answered. I blinked. Where was Blobfish anyway? He certainly wasn’t in the back with us. I decided to wonder aloud. “Where is he?” I asked. “Driving!” Humuhumunukunukuapua answered. I sighed. Of course he was. “Well uh, where? Are you guys taking me?” I asked nervously. “Home base.” Answered Stingray. “Uhm, ok…” I looked back at the shadowy claw holding me still. It was the only thing i could see. I think Stingray had caught me looking at it (wait, how could she see me but i couldn’t see her?), and muttered, “I’ll let you go if you promise not to fight anybody.” “Ok…” I mumbled. The shadow retreated back into the darkness, but just as fast, the vehicle became light as day. I glanced around, seeing the interior of the van. It was white~ i sould have known~ with three beanbags, a sack of something, a weapon wall (mostly guns), but then my eyes crossed my kidnappers. I gasped as i saw Stingray~ a thin woman wearing a dark blue tunic and tall leather boots. I couldn’t see her face, because like Blobfish-gun-guy, she wore a mask. Hers though, resembled a stingray. I whipped around to see Humuhumunukunukuapua. She was a lot younger than Stingray, maybe about a year older than me. She had a mask, reflecting the fish she was named after~ a humuhumunukunukuapua~ and wore the same blue tunic as Stingray, but also had a shirt underneath. It had long baggy sleeves, and they were mint green striped with… a darker mint green. I couldn’t see either of their hair color from my angle, and i wasn’t thrilled at the option of asking their species. That was a little racist. So i didn’t. I didn’t need to, anyway. Stingray pulled her mask off, holding it in her hands. She had short black hair with a single stripe of blue going down the back. Her eyes were a pale green, almost grey in the light. Humuhumunukunukuapua walked around so that she stood next to Stingray, and i only just now realized how tall the woman actually was. Anyway, i looked back to Humuhumunukunukuapua. She had electric blue eyes, and short jade green pigtails with silvery-blue spotting. Stingray caught the look on my face (again), and chuckled, “What, you look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Humuhumunukunukuapua laughed. I shrugged. “Well, i guess im just a little confused. Why was Blobfish in my apartment? Why did he kidnap me? Why are you guys so nice?” The questions spilled out against my will. “Well~” Humuhumunukunukuapua began, but then the van came to a shuddering halt. Stingray and Humuhumunukunukuapua looked at each other. There was another bang on the wall, and i heard the same gruff voice from before~ “We’re here.”

Old December 8th, 2022, 01:36 PM

My Mood: Bored

It is great dont stop chasing dat dreammm