Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Borders

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Dusklion
Deputy:
None
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by silver.
Today 06:14 PM
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by FadingWhispers
Today 06:13 PM
New Home, New Us [ ALL...
Last post by Snowy the Ghost
Today 06:11 PM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by korok
Today 06:08 PM
DRAGON'S PEAK [OPEN!]
Last post by Honey_Dreamz
Today 06:06 PM

Old September 17th, 2024, 03:12 AM
literally alec hardy

Bump Policy: 24hrs if urgent, 72hrs otherwise :3
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Whispering Wetlands

ROOKFIRE
[ he/him | shadowclan enforcer | purrks ]
leapingpaw arrived late and with no apology or explanation, rookfire made note of it but didnt comment on it at this moment. it was quite the thing though, to arrive late to a patrol with two enforcers and not even explain their earlier absence..whatever. it wasnt really his place to care about this apprentices behaviour beyond doing his duties in taking note of it. really, it was midnightpaths place to worry, pretty much.
with everycat finally gathered, rookfire gave a lash of his tail, beckoning his patrol to follow him out of camp.

rookfire was already prepared for the wet paws he would earn himself from the moorland at whispering wetlands, especially with the heavy rain that had recently drenched the forest in its sweet smell. overall, the smell of rain had since faded and wet soil and moist wood had become far more overpowering than usual, but rookfire wasnt really one to complain. it made the air feel heavier and airborne moisture, confined to lingering close to the ground, clung to his pelt after a short white, but it was pleasant. however, the closer he got to arriving at whispering wetlands, with its gnarled willow trees twisting just slightly above the horizon, the wetter it got. first, it was the switch from hardpacked needle covered soil to loser, moist soil, but by the time he could fully lay eyes on the first tree, bits of dry-ish mud started clinging to his paws. there was also this noise..this familiar noise that kind of blended into the general noise of the forest enough to be marked off as irrelevant by rookfires brain, but still actively stood out to him. attempting to take a hold of the noise had a end when the first frog hopped into the undergrowth at the very edge of his vision, bordering on becoming a blurry spot in his peripheral vision, and everything slotted together.
the noise that had been plaguing him was a choir of frogs, their croaking and quacking bleeding into another and combining into nothing more than one slippery mess of noise, yet, the closer they got, the more overwhelming the noise got. it was already weird, he had never before taken note of hearing a bunch of frogs at whispering wetlands, until rookfire pushed through the last bit of brush and bush seperating them from closing in on the border, and a whole mass of frogs shrieked and scattered by his paws. "what the hell-"

[ @Fish ; @gs29513 || lucky i forgot about this yesterday lol ]

"i hate the never ending sky"

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Old September 17th, 2024, 09:54 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Well, at least Leapingpaw had finally shown up. Shrewstep was a little surprised that Rookfire hadn't snapped at the apprentice, but he supposed the tom was more of a lead-by-example type of enforcer rather than a yowl-at-everyone type. He himself was something of the same, mostly because he was fairly certain no one would take him seriously if he tried yowling. The tiny size he had been cursed with at birth had never stopped irritating him, and probably never would. You just wouldn't be taken seriously if you were so small.

Regardless, he had been having a nice enough time on this patrol, at least until they got to the Wetlands. The ground was a bit squishy, true, but nothing should be going wrong that they'd have to deal with. And then something did go wrong! Because.....frogs. Lots and lots and LOTS of frogs. Far too many frogs than should exist in one place at one time, and Shrewstep was not pleased about it at ALL. Frogs everywhere! He didn't want to be eaten by frogs!

Eeep! he yelped, unsheathing his claws to batter at the horrid amphibians. Why are there so MANY of them?! Yes he was being a bit melodramatic, but what did you have a voice for if not to complain, right? We kill them I guess? Or chase them into Windclan? he postulated, scooping a few on his paws and throwing them back into the horde. Ew ew ew ew ew!! @alec @Fish
Old September 18th, 2024, 12:33 PM
It's a mental breakdown

Bump Policy: Every 2-3 days
My Mood: Cheerful

↠ B U R N E T P A W ↞
9 moons ~ WindClan ~ she/her ~ 14/100
"i cut my teeth on second hand sentiments"

The brown apprentice was all too eager to get out of there, the slimy invasion had all but ruined her day entirely. She rallied at Hawkfur's call, too annoyed and scared now to spare a thought for how funny his booming mew was. Wriggling out from under the pile of frogs and kicking the last ones away from her in a flurry of kicking paws and yet more hissing.

"Coming!" She called to him as she got back to her paws and fled the scene.

@Mica @Rowan
Old September 18th, 2024, 10:03 PM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post
ROOKFIRE

leapingpaw arrived late and with no apology or explanation, rookfire made note of it but didnt comment on it at this moment. it was quite the thing though, to arrive late to a patrol with two enforcers and not even explain their earlier absence..whatever. it wasnt really his place to care about this apprentices behaviour beyond doing his duties in taking note of it. really, it was midnightpaths place to worry, pretty much.

with everycat finally gathered, rookfire gave a lash of his tail, beckoning his patrol to follow him out of camp.

rookfire was already prepared for the wet paws he would earn himself from the moorland at whispering wetlands, especially with the heavy rain that had recently drenched the forest in its sweet smell. overall, the smell of rain had since faded and wet soil and moist wood had become far more overpowering than usual, but rookfire wasnt really one to complain. it made the air feel heavier and airborne moisture, confined to lingering close to the ground, clung to his pelt after a short white, but it was pleasant. however, the closer he got to arriving at whispering wetlands, with its gnarled willow trees twisting just slightly above the horizon, the wetter it got. first, it was the switch from hardpacked needle covered soil to loser, moist soil, but by the time he could fully lay eyes on the first tree, bits of dry-ish mud started clinging to his paws. there was also this noise..this familiar noise that kind of blended into the general noise of the forest enough to be marked off as irrelevant by rookfires brain, but still actively stood out to him. attempting to take a hold of the noise had a end when the first frog hopped into the undergrowth at the very edge of his vision, bordering on becoming a blurry spot in his peripheral vision, and everything slotted together.

the noise that had been plaguing him was a choir of frogs, their croaking and quacking bleeding into another and combining into nothing more than one slippery mess of noise, yet, the closer they got, the more overwhelming the noise got. it was already weird, he had never before taken note of hearing a bunch of frogs at whispering wetlands, until rookfire pushed through the last bit of brush and bush seperating them from closing in on the border, and a whole mass of frogs shrieked and scattered by his paws. "what the hell-"

[ @Fish ; @gs29513 || lucky i forgot about this yesterday lol ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
Well, at least Leapingpaw had finally shown up. Shrewstep was a little surprised that Rookfire hadn't snapped at the apprentice, but he supposed the tom was more of a lead-by-example type of enforcer rather than a yowl-at-everyone type. He himself was something of the same, mostly because he was fairly certain no one would take him seriously if he tried yowling. The tiny size he had been cursed with at birth had never stopped irritating him, and probably never would. You just wouldn't be taken seriously if you were so small.

Regardless, he had been having a nice enough time on this patrol, at least until they got to the Wetlands. The ground was a bit squishy, true, but nothing should be going wrong that they'd have to deal with. And then something did go wrong! Because.....frogs. Lots and lots and LOTS of frogs. Far too many frogs than should exist in one place at one time, and Shrewstep was not pleased about it at ALL. Frogs everywhere! He didn't want to be eaten by frogs!

Eeep! he yelped, unsheathing his claws to batter at the horrid amphibians. Why are there so MANY of them?! Yes he was being a bit melodramatic, but what did you have a voice for if not to complain, right? We kill them I guess? Or chase them into Windclan? he postulated, scooping a few on his paws and throwing them back into the horde. Ew ew ew ew ew!! @alec @Fish

Leapingpaw smirked. Well no it smirked in its mind, gleeful in an odd way to not have gotten in trouble. Yet not happy enough to actually crack a smile, honestly speaking here, it found little to care about and much less to smile about. All it could think to make it smile was its brother. Now that was someone truly worthy of its smile. Best part for Bitternpaw was that he had to do nothing to make its sibling smile.

The ground was mush and it was irritating but it seemed to bother the enforcers more than it. The apprentice narrowed its eyes at the enforcers and held back from scoffing at them. Though while they walked it wondered if cats just felt things differently than it. Like it lacked the ability to feel as strongly. Was this a bad or a good things? Perhaps it was for the better, it didn't want to get its head diluted with other worries or joys in this world that didn't include its sibling. Maybe the feelings it felt of love towards its brother was how other cats felt when they felt strongly to other things. How could one actually deal with all that emotion. It made the apprentice's head hurt trying to understand.

Then there was yapping about frogs and what to do with them. In a flash, Leapingpaw called in his namesakes and leaped onto one of the frogs, trapping its legs under its paws. "Eat them." Leapingpaw said looking at the enforcer with a scowl. Why was that even a question?
Old September 19th, 2024, 03:06 AM
literally alec hardy

Bump Policy: 24hrs if urgent, 72hrs otherwise :3
My Mood: Yeehaw

ROOKFIRE
rookfire hummed in thought, watching the frogs leap through mud and sludge in the meantime, not yet moving from where he stood. he didnt like the idea of chasing them into windclan at all, no need to cause trouble with possibly the clan that had the least issues with shadowclan. they were too many to kill and take home as a whole, that'd result in waste and nothing else, leaving them here would be ridiculous, like presenting shadowclan on a silver platter for any large predators. leapingpaw was more so thinking in the direction rookfire was thinking in, though he wasnt really a far of eating outside camp if that was what the apprentice was implying. quite honestly, there was so much wrong with what shrewstep had suggested rookfire didnt even bother address everything.
"do you want trouble with windclan, shrewstep? i'd like to see you explain that to dawnstar." he snapped at shrewsteps suggestion, voice only slightly altering from his usual tone. he should probably not correct someone supposed to be his equal like that in front of an apprentice, but the belief that even within the rank of enforcer there sure were differences carried rook with confidence. for all he knew and had observed, he was ranking above shrewstep despite them both being enforcers. or thats what he had convinced himself of anyway.
"we'll mark the border and check for trouble, then catch as many as we can carry n bring em back to camp, alright?" that was a purely rethorical question, and not one he actually wanted answered. then, before giving the other two a chance to protest, the enforcer stepped through the frog crowd, the choir of croaks splitting like the sea around dark paws. the other side was relatively lively, rookfire took note of a windclan warrior yelling..for no obvious reason..which made him cringe a bit but didnt really concern the enforcer any more than that. it appeared windclan had a similar problem with frogs and rookfire had to resist a cheeky remark though he got the feeling the russety tabby wouldve taken it like it was meant to sound and not blow it out of proportion. instead of further eyeing the fury chase through the frogs, rookfire finally got to marking the border.

[ @Fish ; @gs29513 ]

"i hate the never ending sky"

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Old September 20th, 2024, 11:42 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Ugh, Rookfire was being a boring pain in the tail. Surely Windclan would WELCOME the gift of some frogs, seeing as their rabbits were so stringy and gross. Leapingpaw was right in that frogs were best eaten, though Shrewstep was of the opinion that there were probably a few too many to actually get around to catching and consuming in the time allotted for their patrol. Regardless, he didn't really have much of a choice but to go along with the consensus of marking and then munching. Sounds good! he called, already starting down the border in the opposite direction to Rookfire. Stars above, what WAS that commotion? Ah, Windclan was having just as much trouble with the amphibians as they were. And, it seemed, trying to chase them onto Shadowclan territory. So they wouldn't actually be starting trouble with Windclan after all, now would they? Such a downer, wasn't it? Rookfire really needed to chill out. But that was also a downer, and Shrewstep didn't do downers, so he focused on giggling quietly to himself at the Windclanner's panic as he marked the border and caught three of the little snacks. And if on the way back to the others he kicked a singular frog over the border when he was sure no one was looking, well, that was his knowledge alone. @alec @Fish
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM

Bump Policy: 3 Days
My Mood: Queenly

DuckFeather
Female | 20 Moons | Posts: 6
an off-white she-cat with different shades of gray spots and bright yellow eyes
Purrks: None
Interaction For: @Mica @Cinderspirit

She heaved, glad to be away from that mess…but it all felt light-hearted. She still had a twinge of adrenaline as she met up with the rest of the patrol. “That was- yeah…interesting

Writing and Surprise Shop Hut
ART CONTEST
Bristle’Thorn Mate Finder (SC) | DarkPaw Finder (SC)
Old Today, 03:10 AM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
Ugh, Rookfire was being a boring pain in the tail. Surely Windclan would WELCOME the gift of some frogs, seeing as their rabbits were so stringy and gross. Leapingpaw was right in that frogs were best eaten, though Shrewstep was of the opinion that there were probably a few too many to actually get around to catching and consuming in the time allotted for their patrol. Regardless, he didn't really have much of a choice but to go along with the consensus of marking and then munching. Sounds good! he called, already starting down the border in the opposite direction to Rookfire. Stars above, what WAS that commotion? Ah, Windclan was having just as much trouble with the amphibians as they were. And, it seemed, trying to chase them onto Shadowclan territory. So they wouldn't actually be starting trouble with Windclan after all, now would they? Such a downer, wasn't it? Rookfire really needed to chill out. But that was also a downer, and Shrewstep didn't do downers, so he focused on giggling quietly to himself at the Windclanner's panic as he marked the border and caught three of the little snacks. And if on the way back to the others he kicked a singular frog over the border when he was sure no one was looking, well, that was his knowledge alone. @alec @Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post
ROOKFIRE

rookfire hummed in thought, watching the frogs leap through mud and sludge in the meantime, not yet moving from where he stood. he didnt like the idea of chasing them into windclan at all, no need to cause trouble with possibly the clan that had the least issues with shadowclan. they were too many to kill and take home as a whole, that'd result in waste and nothing else, leaving them here would be ridiculous, like presenting shadowclan on a silver platter for any large predators. leapingpaw was more so thinking in the direction rookfire was thinking in, though he wasnt really a far of eating outside camp if that was what the apprentice was implying. quite honestly, there was so much wrong with what shrewstep had suggested rookfire didnt even bother address everything.

"do you want trouble with windclan, shrewstep? i'd like to see you explain that to dawnstar." he snapped at shrewsteps suggestion, voice only slightly altering from his usual tone. he should probably not correct someone supposed to be his equal like that in front of an apprentice, but the belief that even within the rank of enforcer there sure were differences carried rook with confidence. for all he knew and had observed, he was ranking above shrewstep despite them both being enforcers. or thats what he had convinced himself of anyway.

"we'll mark the border and check for trouble, then catch as many as we can carry n bring em back to camp, alright?" that was a purely rethorical question, and not one he actually wanted answered. then, before giving the other two a chance to protest, the enforcer stepped through the frog crowd, the choir of croaks splitting like the sea around dark paws. the other side was relatively lively, rookfire took note of a windclan warrior yelling..for no obvious reason..which made him cringe a bit but didnt really concern the enforcer any more than that. it appeared windclan had a similar problem with frogs and rookfire had to resist a cheeky remark though he got the feeling the russety tabby wouldve taken it like it was meant to sound and not blow it out of proportion. instead of further eyeing the fury chase through the frogs, rookfire finally got to marking the border.

[ @Fish ; @gs29513 ]

Leapingpaw largely ignored the Windclanners and their ruckus. If they weren't going to eat the frog then Shadowclan could have full stomach. Sorry queens we can't feed your kits because we are squeamish babies. Leapingpaw rolled its eyes thinking about that. Thankfully the warriors were doing all the talking for it and that really worked out for it as it tended to be terse and blunt. Something cats hated in its own clan, but with other clanners? It figured such talk would cause a fight since some rats didn't know how to keep their emotions in check. Quite funny how simple words could send someone into a tail spin.

With that being said, Leapingpaw needed to focus on what actually mattered and that was marking the borders. Hopefully those rabbits would stay on their side, and hell chase more prey onto Shadowclan land. Starve yourselves idiots, Shadowclan would happily get fat off your bounty. So the apprentice marked the borders while it kept the frog in its mouth, not seeing a reason to not have it like this. Once things were said and done, the apprentice stalked around for a tiny bit before managing to find one more frog.

+2 frogs
Old Today, 04:37 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Event [#event]

Though the sun bakes down on Windclans territory and the day is dry and hot there is no fire to be found here. Various scents float to you on the wind but overall the area is quiet and clear. The danger is elsewhere.

[‘Sorry’ assigned spotter (and you better be them if youre reacting to this post), there is no fire here. Boring but sure to be a relief!]

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!