Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan > WindClan Events

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
[Atari] Narcissus and...
by Fits
Last post by Fits
Today 09:21 PM
IDIOTICBEAN'S ART SHOP
Last post by glitch
Today 09:04 PM
Song Requests
by Fawn
Last post by iliri
Today 08:58 PM
Running Wild (Rowan &...
by Mizu
Last post by Rowan
Today 08:58 PM
Closed Thread

Old November 20th, 2023, 10:10 AM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Busy

Default Re: WindClan Check-Ups! [ Event ]

Ravenkit jumped at the screeching of cowtuft, the little kit skidded off to a pile of leaf and hide under it, feeling scared and unhappy.

crookedpaw flicked his tail as he looked over to cowtuft who seemed to be in distress.

Salescar perked and turned to where cowtuft was, he silently stood still.

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old November 20th, 2023, 08:20 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive

A small chunk of honeycomb dripped syrupy, golden nectar as Lightningstorm made her way back to the young apprentice, grateful she'd tended to him last. It meant she could afford this extra time to give the amicable tom a bit of a treat for being just so gosh darn cute. The healer wondered if it would be possible for her to have an apprentice like that at some point. Just some adorable kit who wanted to learn and have fun while on the road to warriorhood. Probably not, seeing as how she had never been a warrior herself. Perhaps if she ever learned how to fight and became good at it, she might ask Twilightstar if she was open to the possibility.

Large ears perked up as she noticed Lilacpaw hanging around the apprentices' den entrance, not remembering her among the paws she had checked out. As she reached the deputy's charge, she offered a half grin in hello - the motion a little difficult what with the leaf wrapped honeycomb - listening to the younger molly's concerns. A small snort of amusement escaped the healer as she placed her honey on the ground, circling the apprentice carefully as she tried to make sure there was nothing out of order. Without the floral, sweet scent directly under her nose, she could take note of no illness or infection scent on the blue point lass. If she had to guess, the enthusiastic apprentice had forgotten that resting was an important part of training as well.

"Have you considered taking a nap?" the medicine cat responded, a purr of amusement lacing her voice. "I know it sounds silly, but as of right now, I cannot see any other hints of illness, and overworking yourself is a very real problem. You could exhaust your body to the point of becoming sick. Tell you what, love. I want you to take it easy for the next two days. If you notice your exhaustion hasn't left you, you come back to me. If you start feeling worse, however, I want you to come over immediately, no matter how many days have gone by, 'right? Think you can do that for me? Now... If you have anything else in mind, give me just a sec, yeah? Just gonna pop right in here and make sure Sticks is doing alright. Gotta give him something extra while he recovers. Don't want anybody getting a cold so close to leafbare. Will go right up and turn into something worse, innit?"

Dipping her head to pick up the honey for her patient, Lightningstorm padded into the den, noticing Sticks had barely moved from where she had left him. Good. If only some other patients she had - Firestorm - could stay still while they recovered as well, that would probably make her job so much easier. The young tom had seemingly been waiting for her, too, as he was looking in her direction... albeit it seemed to be unfocused. Blank. Rather... terrified... Stiff... Oh no. Oh StarClan no!

"Sticks?!"

The honeycomb was discarded, the leafy bundle dropped to the ground as the lithe calico flew to the apprentice, denial washing over her despite the overwhelming evidence. The glazed over eyes. The parted mouth that uttered no words. Stars above, she was over this. She had to be over this. In her young life, Lightningstorm had seen enough death, enough corpses for this to simply be another one to add to the list. Just another cat to bury. And yet she couldn't bright herself to be aloof. The young healer couldn't convince herself to not care. Because she had just spoken to this lad. And he had been... yes, a little sick but... He hadn't been at death's grasp. He would have been fine. He should have been fine.

But instead she had failed him. What was the point of her?! How had she lied to this poor apprentice so badly? Convinced him he would be fine and instead missed some obvious context or clue that he had a paw already set in StarClan's eternal fog. Cowtuft had made a mistake. Obviously. She was not meant to be a medicine cat. Not if she had somehow messed this up so badly! Oh stars... she was about to be sick. Oh no... Cowtuft. She- She had to tell him! Let him know that she had messed up. That... that she wasn't fit for this. Not if she couldn't even be there for Stickpaw's final breaths, instead giving him false hopes and pretty words.

No amount of prodding, checking, or calling out for Stickpaw changed a thing, and Lightningstorm changed her focus. Turning her head towards the den's entrance, she opened her maw, ready to cry out for her mentor when... she was beat to the strike by none other than Cowtuft himself. Tears that had been openly falling from the spotted molly's face almost stopped at the sheer shock she felt shaking her entire body. Was that... was that really Tufty? Yowling at the top of his lungs? And not just calling out for her... Calling out for Fallownose and Firestorm as well? Those were... those were the cats helping them out with the check-ups, weren't they? In an instant she was rushing out to meet up with the black and white tom, a single thought running through her mind.

StarClan help us... what the bloody hell was going on?!

@wolfie [Cowtuft] | @Dust [Lilacpaw] | @birdie [Stickpaw]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old November 20th, 2023, 09:14 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Whisperingpaw(45/100)

Whisperingpaw jumped at the yelling, his fur bristling in fear. What happened?! He rushed iver quickly, squeezing to see through the crowd. 'No...BERRYFROST!' "BERRYFROST! NO!" Whisperingpaw cried out, bursting forward to get to his mentor. 'No. No. No. No. NO!' He screamed once more. His mind spun in fear. Why did they let her die?! Whisperingpaw's claws dug into the ground, his tail lashing with anger and fear.

@Rose @wolfie @Alchemist Kitsune @Dark @Moonraven

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
A New Dawn

Last edited by ChaosBringer.; January 27th, 2024 at 07:02 PM.
Old November 20th, 2023, 09:55 PM

Status: My mind runs a million directions at once, honey <3
Bump Policy: After 48 hours, but keep in mind that I have school and can't be here all the time!
My Mood: Fine

Sapclaw padded into the med-cat den, carrying a mouse in their mouth. They extended a paw to stare at it with discontent before placing it down, along with the mouse they were carrying. "Make this quick," they spat. "I've got stuff to do."
A pause. "You can have the bile from that if you like."
Old November 21st, 2023, 08:37 AM
resident meowmeow

Bump Policy: feel free to bump me whenever
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie View Post

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 27 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge, kitty softpaws ₊˚੭
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

[ note : did my best to wrap up all of the roleplays to have the event properly conclude !! also didn't respond to any of those who had already received treatment mostly. feel free to respond + react to the uh.. death. ]
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @RavensCall

Cowtuft shook his head back and forth. He figured the tom was in no true danger. The medicine cat was only curious and it was his job to be thorough. He knelt down in front of Beetlecrest, reaching forward to gently knead the other's stomach. Feeling around, and ,, well. He blinked slowly in shock. He did not have much experience handling Queens -- none had ever came forward for an examination but he could swear,, "Uhm..!! Be.. Beetlecrest,,?" He spoke up quietly, looking between the two with a small look of wonder.

"I do believe,, you are uh, pregnant..! Congrats..? You,, well.. I dunno when you will have to move into the nursery.. but I think you should begin to take it easy... You are rather,, healthy, though, so nothing to .. worry about uhm, " Cowtuft smiled, "think that's,, about it, " He wasn't actually good with these type of announcements. He was pretty sure this was a good, thing. The tom was expecting something. Seemed like this was the something.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

⌦ .。.:* ✮ @BEAR.

Cowtuft started to tilt his head more and more to the right in deep confusion. "Before..?" He murmured under his breath, eyebrows furrowing together. "Uhm, normally,, yes.. bit strange it did not .. " His voice trailed off into a silence. He leaned forward, sniffing Scorchedfang out of curiosity. The other didn't smelt sick. Usually even whitecough had a scent attached, the warrior smelt fine. "Seems like ..you might be ...having a bad reaction to poppy seeds.. Some cats have it with, pollen, and .. other things.. Aa,, 'fraid we have no borage to help your stomach.. "

His tail swished back and forth, "I can give you feverfew for the headache, though!!" He quipped excitedly, pulling back from Scorchedfang and making a prance towards where his herbs laid upfront. It would be unlikely for him to have bad reactions to other herbs, right? ,,, Or would it be more likely? Goodness. Cowtuft hoped not. Bit dangerous, he didn't know many alternations.

He picked up feverfew and padded back to Scorchedfang, resting it beside Scorchedfang. "You can .. eat that when you are ready !! If you are too nauseous too,, I'll let you rest now.." He squeaked.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

⌦ .。.:* ✮ @endlesshax

Cowtuft resisted the urge to tilt his head, to show any cue of confusion. It seemed like the, other was confused? They had complained of a headache but was now shifting into a different symptom - a fever. He could understand getting lost, fuzzy for a moment (sometimes he was not present and he wasn't sure if anyone ever noticed) but the memory loss was peculiar. Cowtuft only smiled, shuffling the small note into the back of his head. He could talk to Twilightstar. Confronting the direct issue might cause more distress and confusion.

He nodded his head and reached his paw up to press it against Faithwillow's forehead. To his surprise she felt .. cool. There was no sign of a fever. "I think.. you are fine..! No fever,, here.. If you're feeling dandy then, you are free to go.." He gestured slowly.

. . . . ╰──╮┊ ⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ╭──╯ . . . .
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Galaxy_ @Rose @Dark @Alchemist Kitsune @Lillith + @BEAR.
|| mentioning you bear since scorched is in the den w/em and is Probably Witnessing It

The splotched medicine cat sighed in relief. The sun was lower in the side, a bright golden color had enveloped the landscape. His paws ached but warriors had eventually stopped coming. Cowtuft had did his best to thoroughly examine each and every warrior that came by. It had eased his worries. Lilypool's situation had been awfully strange. Death did not come so swiftly. It was often long, and painful and brutal. It had been so quick. He couldn't accept it as just a simple loss. Worse than he thought.

Cowtuft didn't catch onto the way Whiskerwing's expression grew sicker. He had dismissed the warrior to rest just as he had dismissed Berryfrost to rest. It was impossible to always catch onto the small things. Even if he had, would've it made a difference? There was a plague. It was when Whiskerwing had started to vomit that the tom came rushing forward to their side. A yelp, suddenly shock of the new symptom.

He didn't hear Berryfrost's choked gasp, crumbling softly. Quietly. Whiskerwing had hit the floor with a thump, limp and loose and Cowtuft was urgently attempting to shake the other awake until he realized their chest didn't rise. Gone as quick as rain.

He blinks and blinks, stumbling back and away. He's seen death. It was his personal right-hand man. It followed him, it always followed him. It came with his role title.

He sees white tuft out of the corner of his round eyes and his heart dies in his chest. Despite it. Despite it all. He was familiar with grief but this was different. She was the last member of his family by blood and it still meant something. He could handle it if they had all went missing but the permanence of death was an undoing he could not handle.

Cowtuft slowly turns to face her, shaking his head back and forth. A low warbling noise begins to sound and turns higher, this couldn't be happening. It couldn't. They still had to collect herbs together.

His whole body trembles and he stares at the scene. He doesn't make a move, but he needs to act. If he stays still anymore his inaction will kill others. There are tears streaming down his face but he jerks himself away from the bodies. He needs to get out of there. Away from it. (He doesn't think of the warrior in a nest or those nearby.)

The event needs to stop, whatever is going on he needs the event to stop now. The thought is what pushes Cowtuft forward because it's a beginning and its something to grasp onto to. He tumbles out of the den, "LIGHTNINGSTORM! FALLOWNOSE! FIRESTORM!" He screeches, and it is the loudest he might ever be. His shoulders heave and he waits for them to appear desperately. They can handle this. If he just, he could. He could do something. He didn't think about it.

. . . . ╰──╮┊ ⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ╭──╯ . . . .

[ At this time, Berryfrost and Whiskerwing have suddenly passed away in the Warriors Den. Cowtuft has started to call for his helpers to stop the event. Clanmates not involved within the event and already in the event are free to come and investigate the screams. Additionally, Foxkit has passed away in the Nursery and Stickpaw has passed away in the Apprentices Den. The other screaming just hasn't started yet. (: ]

@Zel (for the goosefluff mention, dont have to reply )

WARRIOR, Faithwillow (they/them)

The mostly grey cat nodded slowly at Cowtuft as they were released from the larger tom's care. They studied their paws as they stepped, flexing their claws with each press of a pawpad against the trodden ground. It was odd, they weren't sure why they had spoken what they did, before.

Shaking it off, the warrior strolled aimlessly. At the sound of the yelling, they spun in place, unsure what could have possibly happened since they had left.

A small thought sunk into their mind, and they grew worried for their sister, Goosefluff. Surely the supposed sickness hadn't spread there, also.
SpireClan is set in an eco-brutalist setting, with harsh ethos, and an overarching plot line

my art store :3
Old November 21st, 2023, 06:33 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Two birds on a a wire
Why Peachfrost suddenly woke in a cold sweat was beyond her. Waking up from that nightmare had felt like waking up underwater. Every noise around her was faint and far away, her vision was blurred as if she was looking through ice. Her bones felt weak. Everything just felt wrong. Her world felt hollow, like her last little bit of peace had been ripped away. She couldn't tell if her nausea came from that spirit or from something else. I just... want to back to sleep. How do I keep going after... There was too much to think about.
Cowtuft.... He wasn't- he was never.
I have to protect my daughter! From him.
No he isn't a threat.
But he isn't from the stars.
He has to be dealt with.
But, it was Cowpaw?

Her paws seemed to have a mind of their own as they slowly padded towards the clearing. Something... something was happening. Through her clouded vision and scrambled mind, Peachfrost could make out more and more of her clanmates gathering near the medicine cat's den. Panic and grief and anger radiated off of them in waves. Each one hit Peachfrost like the slice of claws. Please don't go in there. A voice inside her head begged. Whose was it? It was soft. Nice. It brought her a fleeting sense of comfort. Don't go in there. I'm begging you. It repeated, more desperate this time. And still Peachfrost's paws moved.

One tries to fly away

Vultures. Why was she thinking of vultures right now? Their dark wings flapping ferociously above, circling her and her clanmates like they were nothing more than rabbits. Twi lying nearby with her kits. Four mewed helplessly at her side, already freezing from the leaf fall air. They had no idea of the terrors that eyed them and their mother. An easy dinner. Peachfrost had wanted to lick at their little pelts to keep them warm. Keep them alive. Twi wanted them off the battlefield as soon as possible. Why wouldn't she? It made more sense to carry the kits away to the safety of Windclan, away from the birds and Shadowclan and the elements. So why had Peachfrost wanted so desperately to lick life into the four kits? They would've died if the medicine cat had her way. Just like so many others she loved had. Fluffybee, Creamcloud, Skyleaf, Rowanpaw, Bravebird, Snakeheart, Icicleripple, Silverkit... wait. There was someone else.

And the other watches her close from that wire

There was a fifth kit. One that had already passed on before they had left. Had it ever been alive to begin with? Mother and medicine cat alike had no time to consider that possibility as they made their get away. She didn't remember much of the fifth one other than just how still it was. A body so tiny should've at least had a bit of life in it before it was snatched away so soon right? The world couldn't possibly be that cruel... right? What was worse if Peachfrost had no other memories of that fifth kit. Not where it was buried, not it's name... wait. Leech, Lion, Midnight, Beast. What had the fifth one been named? Shame flashed hot through her pelt. She should've paid better attention to it. Just like she should've paid better attention to her own children.

Cowtuft's wails for help sounded far away, like she had sunk deeper underwater. Moons ago she would move to comfort him, maybe even offer some aid. Medicine cats cannot save everyone, little Cowpaw. She would whisper in his ear while his head rested on her shoulder. Maybe later she would take him out to the territory to retrieve some new herbs. He always seemed excited about that. It would be ok, Peachfrost would teach him well. She always had right?

No. Peachfrost abanonded him long ago. And look what he had done in revenge.

She says she wants to as well

Berryfrost looked eerily similar to that fifth kit. Still and quiet, surrounded by screaming and chaos. Her beautiful eyes were open. Oh skies they were open, he hadn't even had the decency to close them? They used to have such an adorable sparkle within them; a sparkle that would draw anyone in. Where had it gone? Why were her eyes so... glassy? Why was she so still? Her sweet face pressed harshly into the earth. It reminded Peach of the freshkill in the clearing. Killed and discarded without a care. Why hadn't he
helped her?

"No please no.... No! No, no no no no nononononoonononononoonoo--" A ear splitting yowl erupted from her throat as she barreled towards Berryfrost. "Wake up for me Berryfrost, please! Please don't-- I can't--" No matter how hard she shook her, Berryfrost did not move. Peachfrost had just barely laid her face in her daughters fur before she began to wail.

"Oh my sweet girl I'm s-so sorry, I... s-should've been there for you. I ... it should've been me..." Another long, heaving wail. Berryfrost's coat muffled it a bit, but even so it still hurt her own ears. Not that she cared. "I should've fought harder to get home when I got swept away. I could've still been your h-healer. I would've saved you. Ooooh my sweet Berryf-frost I'm so sorry." The wailing molly wrapped her arms around her daughter tightly, digging her claws into spotted fur. "I can't let you go! I can't lose you...." Whatever else she wanted to say was lost in heaving cries. Who cared who saw. Damn anyone who tried to pull them apart.

Cowtuft had killed her daughter. That... that traitor who pranced around like he was some savior to Windclan was a murderer. A starless, souless monster. He and Twi would ruin everything else she held dear. Peach would deal with him in a moment. For now all she could do was wail.

But she is a liar
@wolfie @Rose

Last edited by Poprock; November 21st, 2023 at 06:33 PM.
Old November 21st, 2023, 06:52 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quillpaw
She/her | 7 moons | Silk Spinner
Chaos and yowling and screams had been what jerked Quillpaw's head up, in the direction of a frantic looking black and white splotched cat in the middle of the clearing. That was... Cowtuft, wasn't it? The Clan's healer? And joining him from another den was the Clan's other healer Lightningstorm. Both of them looked... sad. Scared. Looks that reminded the young she-cat of the last day with her parents, before the ambush... It made her feel uncomfortable and she shrunk down against the clearing, ears going flat against her head. What was happening??

Amidst all of the yowling there was one singular voice that could be made out. Familiar and yet unknown to Quillpaw - mainly because she had never heard her mentor cry out like that. Round pale eyes had quickly located the cream-colored she-cat, followed her as she watched her duck into the warrior's den, and then shut when the crying started. A voice in her mind urged her forward but fear trapped them just as tightly, frozen against the cold ground. A battle of two paths that she could take right now - sit here scared or venture in to see what was going on.

In the end the wails of her mentor were enough to lure her towards the den for the older cats, belly low to the ground as Quillpaw crept closer. Upon peering in, the sight she was met with made the breath catch in her throat. Two full grown cats lay awfully still, and she would've pictured them sleeping had it not been for the way their eyes stared blankly back at her. An eerie feeling crept up her spine and she was unsure if she should continue forward. Her mentor had her nose buried in the cream pelt of one of the fallen bodies, and the word 'daughter' felt sharp against her ears.

Had her mentor just lost her daughter?

Quietly, on silent paws, Quillpaw slunk forward with her ears flat and belly fur brushing the ground. She was hesitant at first, and made sure to be respectful to not touch the dead body of a cat she didn't know, instead settling near Peachfrost's hind quarters and delicately resting her chin on her mentor's back. A hammering in her head made her feel nauseous but Quillpaw remained, unwilling to move as her mentor's grief continued to rocket through her.

Peachfrost had been kind enough to take on training her, kind enough to welcome her to WindClan. Quillpaw didn't know her anymore outside of that but she didn't need to. The warrior was hurting and she wanted to do what she could to at least try to take it away...

[ @Poprock - apprentice snuggles incoming ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old November 22nd, 2023, 12:19 PM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Queenly

Frostpaw
Windclan apprentice
Purrk: Agatha Kitty(unactive)
81/100

Screams...terrible screams...they were familiar...they shouldn't be but they were...they were the screams of a grieving cat who had just loss a loved one...she had heard these sounds before...when she was barely a moon old and a fire raged through Windclan destroying everything in it's path...including her mother...what had happened? Who had died? Those were the questions most potent in her mind...so she should answer them shouldn't she?

Wails of sorrow snapped Frost out of her slumber, she had been sleeping in a secluded part of the clearing hoping to be exempt from the check-ups that were happening not because she was too scared or too good for it but she just wanted a break, she'd been anxious of her nightmares returning to her, plaguing her with dread and fear and guilt...but what for? She didn't know.

Her concerned gaze drifting to where the sound had erupted from, she couldn't make out much, as there were many cats moving about everywhere, but she did see bodies...bodies...oh no...she hated being right because most of her suspicious were about tragedies, which seemed to arrive in the masses now.

Ice-blue hues widening in shock and horror at the sudden deaths, Frostpaw curled her fluffy tail tighter around her small frame in an attempt of self-comfort as she always did, as no-one had ever really comforted her before, and flattened her ears against her skull. She probably looked as helpless and scared as possible now when she wasn't even personally affected by it. How selfish was that? Of course she didn't do it intentionally of course but she still felt bad about it.

Out of the chaos and her own terror the young she-cat could spot Cowtuft and Lightningstorm, the medicine cats, just standing around Why aren't they doing anything? they're not doing anything...why not? T-They should be helping! Can they? a wave of thoughts flooded her mind and seemed to seep through her eyes as hot, fat tears dripped down her face and soaked into the earth. H-Help...someone help...

OPEN

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Last edited by Morrigan; November 22nd, 2023 at 12:21 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2023, 02:45 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

She didn't feel great, her head still throbbed, her throat was still sore, and she felt a bit congested. Unlike when she came back from death with a healed battle injury, all the ailing symptoms didn't just disappear. Still, she felt stronger, the panic was gone, and she was no longer having trouble with actually breathing. She was alright now, well enough to actually see what the commotion was going on outside of her den.

Still, she wished she had more time to properly address Leechscar's concerns. If she could sit and talk with him she would, but the clan... The WindClan leader composed herself as best she could after losing a life, and left her den behind as she leaped down to the roots of the Galewood. She knew he'd be hard on her tail, and didn't mind, she could probably do with the extra support against whatever new crisis was hitting WindClan.

Twilightstar padded towards the first cat that caught her attention. A sobbing Frostpaw. Twilightstar carefully moved to nudge the crying molly's shoulder with her nose, green eye softened with concern as she settled beside the crying she-cat wordlessly to offer so form of comfort. The leader hadn't a clue what was going on, just could tell everyone was on edge. If she had bothered peeking inside the dens, the answer would have been clearer to her, but she was sure that she'd get her unwanted answer soon enough.
@Undertaker @The Doctor @wolfie [so you know she's there]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old November 24th, 2023, 02:21 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Firestorm

Ultimate Predator: Inactive

TW: Emotional Distress, Mention of Death, Vomiting. Read at your own peril!

Oh boy, what an eventful day so far. Many many patients had to be tended to, and one of the young ones even asked if she could be their mom! There was just a lot. Speaking of, Firestorm just finished up with the last of her patients. Everything seemed to be fine with most of them other than the occasional runny nose or slight sneezing, but nothing was too concerning. The issue, however, was Foxkit. Foxkit was the only one of the cats that she actually had to give treatment to, and she hadn’t seemed to be doing too well when she last saw her. Hopefully, the feverfew would’ve kicked in by now…

Contently making her way back to Foxkit, she stopped in her tracks when the young she-cat came into view. Something was wrong. Very very wrong.

Snapping out of it, the orange tabby warrior hurriedly padded over to the still kit. Why wasn’t she moving? What was wrong? She just stepped away for a moment, and even gave the right herb… what happened…?

Gently, Firestorm nosed the young cat but was met with a cold, lifeless body that offered no resistance when pushed. Eyes widening, she stepped back. ”No…” She whispered to herself, a small whine carried in her voice ’There’s no way…” Foxkit was dead. The kit that said that she wanted to be strong, and the kit that she promised would be alright, was dead…

It was at the moment of her realization that the sound of a loud yell caused her head to snap up. The medicine cat was calling for her, Spots, and Mr Fallow. Wait… That was right, Cowtuft needed to know about this! Quickly (albeit reluctantly), Firestorm gathered the kit’s corpse into her jaws – fighting the urge to vomit from the stress and thought of having the deceased form in her jaws, she began heading in the direction that the healer called from. She needed help, Cowtuft… he’d know what to do right? He could still save her, right?

When the young warrior made her way into the warrior’s den, she nearly dropped the small form in her teeth. Standing over a very familiar speckled and cream-colored form was Cowtuft, and the form itself – like the kit held within her jaws, was very very still.

It was Berryfrost.

With her head resting within the fur of the now-deceased warrior, Peachfrost was also there, tears streaming down her face. She never inquired about their relationship, but Peachfrost and Berryfrost were pretty close, right? Almost like a mother and…

Oh.

Berryfrost was Peachfrost’s daughter.

Numbly, Firestorm walked forward to where the crowd was beginning to form, paws weighed down by the fear of what she'd encounter.

Step. Step. Step.

One small paw step after another, all sounds drowned out by the roaring of blood in her ears. Gently, the orange-furred warrior set the young kit down a tail-length away from the deceased warrior before quietly approaching and taking up a spot next to her. She didn't want to, but she looked down at the small she-cat's soft features and speckled fur. She couldn't help but wonder if the warrior had gone in peace.

Her relationship with Berryfrost was… complicated. She wanted to imagine that she had befriended the other she-cat during the latter’s life, but she didn’t ever actually have more than a few conversations with her as she noticed that the cream-colored warrior seemed uncomfortable around her. So she tried not to put her denmate in awkward situations, as much fun as it would’ve been.

A warm wetness fell down the sides of her cheeks as she sat there in subdued silence, very unlike the personality she generally showed. If someone was talking to her, she couldn’t hear it. Firestorm started to reach out to touch the cat, but couldn’t manage it. She couldn’t. This was Berryfrost! They’d been apprentices together, trained together… She was going to be her proper friend… That’s why she had been so eager to befriend Snowybreeze so that she could find a way to get closer to the timid warrior.

Oh great Starclan, Snowybreeze

Suddenly remembering, she realized how hard the news would affect him. That was his mate. The two of them, though not often seen with one as of late, were still lifelong partners. How would he react? He'd be devasted right...? She knew that when she almost lost Milknose in the fire that she felt like her heart was being ripped out of her chest, she couldn't even imagine what it'd feel like to genuinely lose your partner. What would he…

No… Berryfrost couldn't be dead. Neither was Foxkit… They were still alive, right? They were just sleeping. Yeah, that was it! Cowtuft would know what to do! He could fix them! Foxkit hadn't had enough time to live, and she hadn't been able to be a good friend to Berryfrost yet... Surely he had an herb that would be able to help out? Maybe do some weird StarClan prayer to bring them back? Anything would be fine right now.

Deep down she knew that wasn’t the case, and some part of her had already accepted that the two cats would never wake up ever again. Turning her pale green eyes to the healer, she realized she could hardly see, as the tears had caused her eyes to become misty and her vision blurry. Everything just... She didn't even know, she had no words to describe the pain and grief she was feeling in the moment.

”C-cowtuft… I t-think s-something is v-very wr-”

Her heart felt like it was going to beat out of her chest, the roaring of the blood in her ears had only grown louder, and it felt like something was gripping her by the heart and squeezing as tight as it could. She felt like she was drowning, as if all of the air around her had suddenly turned into water and every time she tried to breathe, her lungs were filled with the imaginary liquid instead of being met with the air that would give her relief.

It was too much... She couldn’t do this… She had to get away, she had to leave.

Hurriedly, Firestorm clamped her mouth shut and ran out of the den, brushing into Lightningstorm, before maneuvering around and emptying the contents of her stomach onto the ground next to the entrance, no longer able to hold back the building pressure that had taken hold of her. Why did things like this have to happen? Why couldn't there be less death? Why couldn't there be more happiness, instead of the content sadness that seemed to hang over the clan the last few moons? Was this the kind of leader she'd be when she took over the clan? Helpless? Useless? A terrible friend? She didn't even know that something had been wrong with Berryfrost, and Foxkit hadn't seemed so ba- Oh Stars it was coming up again.

Firestorm vomited again, small frame spasming under the effort. The poor feline's legs were trembling from the shock, and she could hardly remain on her paws. She desperately hoped that Cowtuft didn't call her back in there, because right now? She couldn't handle seeing the two cats lying there again. A small whimper escaped her at the thought of it. She wanted someone, anyone to tell her that things would be okay and that Berryfrost and Foxkit were just playing some ill-thought prank. Hell, at this moment, she'd even be satisfied with Spots (who she secretly wanted anyway) comforting her. 'Please StarClan... let them be alright...' she found herself praying while standing outside of the den.

'Let them be okay...'

[ @wolfie - Cow | @Lillith - Fallow | @Alchemist Kitsune - Lightning | @peppermintbubble. - Foxkit mention | @birdie | @Rose - Berry mention | @Poprock - Peach]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; November 24th, 2023 at 03:27 PM.
Closed Thread