Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Eidolon’s Trinket Box
by Eidolon
Last post by Eidolon
Today 07:15 AM
Short Story Contest
by marshy
Last post by ollie
Today 07:12 AM
ShadowClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by Evenilolia
Today 07:00 AM
Otterpaw friend finder
Last post by Evenilolia
Today 06:28 AM
Softpaw's Training [P]
by Fits
Last post by ChromeSilver_Hwaa
Today 06:05 AM

Old January 30th, 2024, 02:48 AM
literally alec hardy

Bump Policy: any time
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
→ BeanFloat ←
|He/him | 18 moons | Purrks: Beefed up Tier One;Not Skiddin' Around | Straight | Warrior |
light marmalade fur with very bright fawn spots, green and blue eyes

tags; @MockingRabbit @al3cc766

Beanfloat walked towards the Sleepy Thickets leading the other two out of camp. "Im not lying I hope we see another ghost here! You will jump out of your fur!" laughing he meowed. "Maybe you can catch a ghost mouse!" cracking up at the idea of it. "If your ready we can start!"

->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 11moons, the collector, herb1] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

"i dont think anyone would want to eat a ghost mouse" she giggled, following beanfloat closely. "im ready!" she mewed, opening a mouth to taste the air like she had seen warriors do before and trying to remember what pinefire had taught her about crouching.

(this is so short im sorry ehhh)
@MockingRabbit
#minkpaw766
#alecpawtrol24

"i hate the never-ending sky"

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Last edited by alec; January 30th, 2024 at 06:18 AM.
Old January 30th, 2024, 03:30 AM
literally alec hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentimentalSquid View Post

Stagheart came to a halt once he reached the thicket, carefully sniffing the air. Leaf-bare's chill was cold against his nose, and all he could smell was a mixture of water from the ocean nearby and melting snow. He parted his mouth to air out the smells when a particularly pungent scent reached him. He narrowed his eyes, recognizing it quickly.

Fox... but not too strong.

It either could've just passed along, or there was a den not too far away. Either way, it wasn't too fresh, indicating it likely wasn't in the area anymore. He decided to warily creep around as he waited for Sorrelblaze and Minkpaw, looking for any other signs of the predator. Regardless, they were here for herbs. The sight of many dead and decaying plants, choked out by the snow and frost discouraged him as he patrolled around.

/ @JellyMoons @al3cc766

"dont just run off next time. i lead the patrol so i actually lead it, okay?" she mewed in her best "im serious you better not mess with me" voice. "except you want to wander around aimlessly looking for herbs you dont know" she added snarkily, silver eyes staring the tom down before she decided he wasnt worth the trouble and focussed on scouting out the area. the plants looked pityful, deep in leafbare she could really expect to find good looking herbs but they still had to try. the scent of fox immediatly put her on high alert, it didnt smell very fresh but they had to be careful none the less. she should seek out a warrior to teach her climbing better some time soon..
"anyway. what i was going to explain on the way; we are very low on herbs so i need you two to try your best. you see if you can find any burdock and chickweed." yes. keep it simple. two herbs to focus on so they can actually remember what they look like. i think its better i dont send them out to look for borage because it probably doesnt grow here and i dont want any wrong herbs in camp
"first up: burdock, really thick stems and it should have burrs that get stuck in your fur. we need the roots. if you cant get the roots dug up you can also bring back the leaves."
"now, i dont know if youve already heard the description for chickweed but stagheart needs to hear it anyway. chickweed is really tall and always in a big sorta bush with hard stems. they got thick light green leaves that kind of look like a bunch of green flowers together. they should grow in forest-y areas around rocks. thats it, if you dont have any more questions i'll be off and we will meet back here as soon as possible. if one of you needs help or is in danger just, i dont know, yell for me i guess."

(since a posting order was suggested, i say we go @SentimentalSquid ,
@JellyMoons and then me )
#minkpaw766
#alecpawtrol24

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Last edited by alec; January 30th, 2024 at 06:18 AM.
Old January 30th, 2024, 10:47 AM
Time is just an illusion

Status: A true warrior — the best warrior — isn't cruel or mean.
Bump Policy: 1-2 Days
My Mood: Unpredictable

BeanFloat
|He/him | 18 moons | Purrks: Beefed up Tier One;Not Skiddin' Around | Straight | Warrior |

Beanfloat laughed. "I would like to see someone try," before he nodded towards Minkpaw. Lifting his head into the air. "Just don't go by the graves though." he warned the apprentice as he caught a scent.

[ 1d-20 = 13 success]

He quickly crept onto the scent careful to not let his tail touch the ground he came downwind of the animal before he finally spotted the mouse. Paw step after paw step you go this he dared not to make a sound as he leaped catching the mouse in his paws before he quickly bit down on the spine of the animal. Lifting the mouse high in his jaws proud of himself. "We can store our Prey right here."

#Beanpatrols (OMG thanks for the idea)

VM me STARS

Taking a Break

My Characters thoughts and actions are not mine but theirs.

Please don't quote me during a roleplay unless you place it into spoilers!

Last edited by Beanz; January 30th, 2024 at 11:20 AM.
Old January 30th, 2024, 11:17 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3cc766 View Post

"dont just run off next time. i lead the patrol so i actually lead it, okay?" she mewed in her best "im serious you better not mess with me" voice. "except you want to wander around aimlessly looking for herbs you dont know" she added snarkily, silver eyes staring the tom down before she decided he wasnt worth the trouble and focussed on scouting out the area. the plants looked pityful, deep in leafbare she could really expect to find good looking herbs but they still had to try. the scent of fox immediatly put her on high alert, it didnt smell very fresh but they had to be careful none the less. she should seek out a warrior to teach her climbing better some time soon..
"anyway. what i was going to explain on the way; we are very low on herbs so i need you two to try your best. you see if you can find any burdock and chickweed." yes. keep it simple. two herbs to focus on so they can actually remember what they look like. i think its better i dont send them out to look for borage because it probably doesnt grow here and i dont want any wrong herbs in camp
"first up: burdock, really thick stems and it should have burrs that get stuck in your fur. we need the roots. if you cant get the roots dug up you can also bring back the leaves."
"now, i dont know if youve already heard the description for chickweed but stagheart needs to hear it anyway. chickweed is really tall and always in a big sorta bush with hard stems. they got thick light green leaves that kind of look like a bunch of green flowers together. they should grow in forest-y areas around rocks. thats it, if you dont have any more questions i'll be off and we will meet back here as soon as possible. if one of you needs help or is in danger just, i dont know, yell for me i guess."

(since a posting order was suggested, i say we go @SentimentalSquid ,
@JellyMoons and then me )
#minkpaw766
#alecpawtrol24

Stagheart flicked his tail along to Minkpaw's words, looking unfazed by her snarky remark; if anything, part of him was amused. He nodded slowly and tried to commit her descriptions to memory — why Fadingsun wanted him to go looking for plants he didn't know, but he'd do the best he could. At least Minkpaw knew what she was doing.

Before he turned tail to go look for the two herbs, he glanced back at his patrol. "By the way, I'm sure you smell it, but there might be a fox around. It ain't so strong, so could be old, but it's hard to tell in the snow. Could be a den nearby as well, so... watch your back." He nodded to them and then bounded off to an area where the thicket was a bit denser.

There was a patch of ground that wasn't covered in snow, so he put his nose there. It wasn't long before he winced, feeling a poking sensation on his muzzle. His ears perked up in curiosity as he analyzed the plant that had just stuck him. Nuisance burrs, thick stems, an odd smell he wasn't used to... this should be it?

Now, what did Minkpaw say... leaves 'n roots...? Mouse-dung. They about sent the most rock-headed warrior for this.

Shrugging, he decided it was safer to just take the whole plant anyway. He got to work, attempting to pierce the half-frozen ground with his claws. It took awhile, leaving him panting for a moment as he finally tugged the stubborn plant from the ground. Some bits of the roots were still lodged in the dirt, but he'd gotten a good chunk of it.

Stagheart safely tucked it away for now and looked back up, giving his claws a break as he scanned the area for any more of the annoying herb.

[+2 burdock root] rolled a 12 and a 16 out of five tries ^^

/ @JellyMoons @al3cc766

Berryshine is RiverClan's medicine cat!
Request Healing | Medicine Den |(Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Last edited by squidz; January 30th, 2024 at 11:46 AM. Reason: just learned how to roll for herbs hehe
Old January 30th, 2024, 11:33 AM
literally alec hardy

Quote:
BeanFloat

Beanfloat laughed. "I would like to see someone try," before he nodded towards Minkpaw. Lifting his head into the air. "Just don't go by the graves though." he warned the apprentice as he caught a scent.

[ 1d-20 = 13 success]

He quickly crept onto the scent careful to not let his tail touch the ground he came downwind of the animal before he finally spotted the mouse. Paw step after paw step you go this he dared not to make a sound as he leaped catching the mouse in his paws before he quickly bit down on the spine of the animal. Lifting the mouse high in his jaws proud of himself. "We can store our Prey right here."

a bit unsure about her technique she just crept around for a bit, trying to practice her crouch and focus on the scents around her while keeping her tail off the ground and her pawsteps light. she had already figured out the wind was blowing scents in her direction so she didnt have to worry about the prey smelling her before she smelled it.
(rolled 19) tail carefully off the ground she stilled when she recognised the familiar scent of rabbit. momentarily unable to locate it she move up a tiny bit further before a cool patch of air almost made her jump out of her fur. she slowly turned her head but had to realise the cold was no more than air. oddly blurry air. but still air after all. the cold wasnt moving so she did, rabbit now located she got into position, like pinefire had shown her, the cold had stayed behind it seemed so she pushed the thoughts aside in favour of focussing on the prey. she was not in the mood for chasing around any prey today so she paused, not risking the ground vibration to give her away. minkpaw knew she was stalling and shouldnt be making such a big deal of it but this was her first time hunting in far too long so she was a bit rusty okay.
the cold suddenly returning made her shudder, this time appearing on her left side she didnt waste any more time and leaped at the rabbit.

claws sinking into the animals side to keep it from escaping the apprentice wrestled with the rabbit for a moment. the lapin wildly kicking out in her direction and trying to wiggle out of her grip she let it pull her in one direction in order to use the movement to lift it off the ground and slam it back down.
sinking her teeth into the temporarily stunned animals throat she made quick of it. crimson liquid steadily escaping the neck wound and staining the fur surrounding it a muddy dark red, the apprentice lifted up the limp body with some struggle, heavy weight tugging her head towards the ground.

she seriously had to take training more seriously and work on her strenght..
nonetheless, she carried her catch back proudly.

@MockingRabbit (sorry i forgot to tag)
#minkpaw766

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Last edited by alec; January 30th, 2024 at 11:42 AM.
Old January 30th, 2024, 11:39 AM
Gone is not permanent.

Bump Policy: No bumping; me gone.
My Mood: Asleep

Quote:

"i dont think anyone would want to eat a ghost mouse" she giggled, following beanfloat closely. "im ready!" she mewed, opening a mouth to taste the air like she had seen warriors do before and trying to remember what pinefire had taught her about crouching.

(this is so short im sorry ehhh)
@MockingRabbit
#minkpaw766
#alecpawtrol24
Quote:
BeanFloat

[ 1d-20 = 13 success]

#Beanpatrols (OMG thanks for the idea)
Troutstone padded along with the other two, tail swishing from side to side as they talked about ghosts and the sleepy thicket. This section of the territory had always been among his favourites, even if just for the legend of Hawkstar. He decided not to join their conversation, content with just hearing it. Eating a mouse ghost? Now that was an idea!
The patrol split up and began to hunt. Beanfload made the first catch, and declared that spot as the meet-up grounds. Fair.
The grey warrior squeezed under a fallen tree, the froze as he spotted two birds, pigeons, pecking at the ground nearby. They hadn't spotted him yet, though. Taking his advantage of surprise before either of them could use theirs of flight, the tom sprang at them, claws out. One bird took off a heartbeat after the other, which proved fatal because that was the one he caught. Hi picked up the limp body and dragged it backwards under the tree, than placed it down next to Beanfloat's mouse.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old February 1st, 2024, 03:16 AM
literally alec hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockingRabbit View Post
Troutstone padded along with the other two, tail swishing from side to side as they talked about ghosts and the sleepy thicket. This section of the territory had always been among his favourites, even if just for the legend of Hawkstar. He decided not to join their conversation, content with just hearing it. Eating a mouse ghost? Now that was an idea!
The patrol split up and began to hunt. Beanfload made the first catch, and declared that spot as the meet-up grounds. Fair.
The grey warrior squeezed under a fallen tree, the froze as he spotted two birds, pigeons, pecking at the ground nearby. They hadn't spotted him yet, though. Taking his advantage of surprise before either of them could use theirs of flight, the tom sprang at them, claws out. One bird took off a heartbeat after the other, which proved fatal because that was the one he caught. Hi picked up the limp body and dragged it backwards under the tree, than placed it down next to Beanfloat's mouse.

meeting back with the others, prey still heavy between her jaws she set it on the ground to speak.
"i suppose we go back to camp now, i cant carry more than that" she nodded towards her catch.

@Beanz
(short but ig we can wrap this up here unless you wanna do anything else, is beanfloat gonna report it pretty please cuz hes patrol leader if im not completely lost)
#minkpaw766

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Last edited by alec; February 1st, 2024 at 03:17 AM.
Old February 1st, 2024, 04:02 AM
literally alec hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentimentalSquid View Post

Stagheart flicked his tail along to Minkpaw's words, looking unfazed by her snarky remark; if anything, part of him was amused. He nodded slowly and tried to commit her descriptions to memory — why Fadingsun wanted him to go looking for plants he didn't know, but he'd do the best he could. At least Minkpaw knew what she was doing.

Before he turned tail to go look for the two herbs, he glanced back at his patrol. "By the way, I'm sure you smell it, but there might be a fox around. It ain't so strong, so could be old, but it's hard to tell in the snow. Could be a den nearby as well, so... watch your back." He nodded to them and then bounded off to an area where the thicket was a bit denser.

There was a patch of ground that wasn't covered in snow, so he put his nose there. It wasn't long before he winced, feeling a poking sensation on his muzzle. His ears perked up in curiosity as he analyzed the plant that had just stuck him. Nuisance burrs, thick stems, an odd smell he wasn't used to... this should be it?

Now, what did Minkpaw say... leaves 'n roots...? Mouse-dung. They about sent the most rock-headed warrior for this.

Shrugging, he decided it was safer to just take the whole plant anyway. He got to work, attempting to pierce the half-frozen ground with his claws. It took awhile, leaving him panting for a moment as he finally tugged the stubborn plant from the ground. Some bits of the roots were still lodged in the dirt, but he'd gotten a good chunk of it.

Stagheart safely tucked it away for now and looked back up, giving his claws a break as he scanned the area for any more of the annoying herb.

[+2 burdock root] rolled a 12 and a 16 out of five tries ^^

/ @JellyMoons @al3cc766

the split from her group, still mildly upset with staghearts behaviour but decided that a warrior acting like a apprentice on his first outing was too stupid for her to care any longer. pushing apart leaves and bush branches she slipped past, her mouth open in case a strong smelling herb would surprise her on her way towards a spot she was mildly familiar with.

(rolled 2x for thyme; 17, 15) luckily enough the thyme she had picked here last time had started to re-grow already, tiny little sprout peaking up at her from where she had torn the herb off last time. satisfied with her discovery she gently gathered up some thyme. she wouldnt come back to this spot for a while to give the plants a change to re-grow.

(rolled 2x for poppy; 15, 5) not far from the thyme so spotted a poppy, just having learned how to use it she picked it, leaving the other flower standing to give it a chance to spread its seeds in newleaf.

(rolled 2x for chickweed; 20, 15) her mood was beginning to sour, slowly but surely, and the picking of herbs and discovering new spots in the territory didnt bring her the peace and quiet it usually did, thoughts circling around tansypaw and riverclans destiny. if there even was something like destiny. if starclan even watched over them. if there was even a place where they go after death takes them. distracted and caught up in her thoughts she almost didnt notice the chickweed, a lucky find. she picked some and continued mindlessly wandering along.

(rolled 2x for tansy; 12, 14) shaking some stray leaves, that had come off a bush she passed, off her fur she winced at the sight of two tansies. this was the last thing she needed today. her stomach twisting weirdly, she picked the flowers, miraculously unharmed by the cold and turned to return to the other two, maybe this is a sign, she thought grimly.
disappointment- or was it anger- bubbling in her stomach. up and left, left us all to die. for stars sake. whole lot'a horsefeathers-

"ya'll done collecting?, i'll check what you got when were back in camp." waiting for the two to follow her before turning to return to camp.

[+2 tansy, +2thyme, +1 poppy, +2 chickweed]
( @JellyMoons if you do ur post we can wrap this up here n minkpaw can go report the patrol :3)
(minkpaw is rocking the 1930s slang now.)

#minkpaw766

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Last edited by alec; February 1st, 2024 at 04:03 AM.
Old February 1st, 2024, 06:59 AM
Time is just an illusion

Status: A true warrior — the best warrior — isn't cruel or mean.
Bump Policy: 1-2 Days
My Mood: Unpredictable

→ BeanFloat ←

Beanfloat nodded as he quickly went over as he smelled a quick scent before pouncing on a mouse. He smiled happy with his catch as he walked over and picked up both mouses by their tails in his jaws. "Yeah I think we can head out"

#Beanpatrols

VM me STARS

Taking a Break

My Characters thoughts and actions are not mine but theirs.

Please don't quote me during a roleplay unless you place it into spoilers!

Last edited by Beanz; February 1st, 2024 at 06:59 AM.
Old February 1st, 2024, 11:29 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Incognito

Quote:

the split from her group, still mildly upset with staghearts behaviour but decided that a warrior acting like a apprentice on his first outing was too stupid for her to care any longer. pushing apart leaves and bush branches she slipped past, her mouth open in case a strong smelling herb would surprise her on her way towards a spot she was mildly familiar with.

(rolled 2x for thyme; 17, 15) luckily enough the thyme she had picked here last time had started to re-grow already, tiny little sprout peaking up at her from where she had torn the herb off last time. satisfied with her discovery she gently gathered up some thyme. she wouldnt come back to this spot for a while to give the plants a change to re-grow.

(rolled 2x for poppy; 15, 5) not far from the thyme so spotted a poppy, just having learned how to use it she picked it, leaving the other flower standing to give it a chance to spread its seeds in newleaf.

(rolled 2x for chickweed; 20, 15) her mood was beginning to sour, slowly but surely, and the picking of herbs and discovering new spots in the territory didnt bring her the peace and quiet it usually did, thoughts circling around tansypaw and riverclans destiny. if there even was something like destiny. if starclan even watched over them. if there was even a place where they go after death takes them. distracted and caught up in her thoughts she almost didnt notice the chickweed, a lucky find. she picked some and continued mindlessly wandering along.

(rolled 2x for tansy; 12, 14) shaking some stray leaves, that had come off a bush she passed, off her fur she winced at the sight of two tansies. this was the last thing she needed today. her stomach twisting weirdly, she picked the flowers, miraculously unharmed by the cold and turned to return to the other two, maybe this is a sign, she thought grimly.
disappointment- or was it anger- bubbling in her stomach. up and left, left us all to die. for stars sake. whole lot'a horsefeathers-

"ya'll done collecting?, i'll check what you got when were back in camp." waiting for the two to follow her before turning to return to camp.

[+2 tansy, +2thyme, +1 poppy, +2 chickweed]
( @JellyMoons if you do ur post we can wrap this up here n minkpaw can go report the patrol :3)
(minkpaw is rocking the 1930s slang now.)

#minkpaw766

Stagheart had been lucky to find another patch of burdock root, getting another few in his jaws when he circled his way back. Unfortunately, leaf-bare didn't offer his search much more. [rolled 2x: 16, 4]

Luckily, the scent of fox was still faint. Turns out it had been an old scent after all.

He padded back over to their meeting spot, dropping the roots and leaves on the ground. He watched Minkpaw with interest dancing in his blue eyes — she certainly knew what she was doing with this herb stuff, and he could sense that he had bristled her fur. Perhaps he should apologize — she'd taken his running off as an offense when he was just being overcautious. He should probably try to explain...

C'mon, ya old furball. Say somethin' to her.

"I believe this is, er... whatsitcalled... burdock." He nudged the plant towards her in case she wanted to inspect it. He hesitated before speaking again, trying to muster up words, which had never been his strong suit.

"And, I... I owe ya an apology for runnin' off, Minkpaw. Truth is, I was nervous you'd be leadin' us right when a fox or badger came by, since apparently there's too many out here lately. Didn't want you to be the first to take a hit." He shrugged his broad shoulders. "And I know, before you say anythin', that you can more than likely handle yourself — you'd been trusted to lead this, after all, and I don't doubt your ability one bit. Just..." He looked away for a moment, wrinkling his nose in thought. "I know it wasn't right, so I'm sorry for that — but I just had a feelin'. With Birchbranch nearly gettin' torn in two by that badger... just wanted to be extra careful, is all. Would rather have me be the one runnin' headfirst into an angry fox than you, 'specially at a time like this."

He curled his tail over his paws and settled down to wait for their last patrolmate to return. "You don't gotta say anythin' nor accept my apology," he added quietly, casting the apprentice a glance. "But just thought you should know why." He returned his stare to the woods, ears perked and alert.

/ @JellyMoons @al3cc766

[+1 burdock root, so 3 total from Stagboi. also he's rockin a western american accent so they must sound fun together LOL]

Berryshine is RiverClan's medicine cat!
Request Healing | Medicine Den |(Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Last edited by squidz; February 1st, 2024 at 11:33 AM. Reason: fixing a grammar mistake whoopsie