Your Opening Act!
Last post by Hollyheart of thunder
Today 01:47 AM

Old April 20th, 2020, 06:23 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Sedgewater Valley

@Sparkling Bliss @Zesty Mango; @Ombre Party; @Goldwhisker

It seemed like to kits for now, there didn't seem to be anymore movement. Flicking her ear, she turned her full attention back down to the two that she found. A boy and a girl. "My name is Cobaltshade, we're going to be taking you back somewhere safe. There will be food and comfort when we get there, but I need you to be quiet and still while we make our way back."
There didn't seem to be anything immediately wrong with the kits so that was good. Leaning her head down, she picked up Air by the scruff, motioning for Fogpaw to do the same with Roxanne. Once the apprentice had the kit, she'd carefully turn around and begin to make her way back towards camp.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old April 20th, 2020, 06:34 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

(That would've been a BIG eyebrow raise moment from Roxie right then Zest ) @The Cannibal ; @Zesty Mango ; @Goldwhisker ; @Sparkling Bliss

Roxie turned to look at the other kit with a disbelieving stare. "Where's the fun in that?" She asked, dumbfounded. The tortoiseshell frowned at the tom-kit but let out a squeal as Fogpaw lifted her up from her scruff. Momma used to do this. She thought, but pushed the thought away, focusing on the present with this strange group of cats. She looked at her dangling tail as it brushed the ground with her tail-tip and she glanced at the tom. She was nearly as old as he was! Yet... I don't mind it if he carries me. She couldn't help but thinking. It had been awhile it made her feel safer and more relaxed. She relaxed her stiff posture and looked at Air. "Why live your life being afraid of your own kind? There's nothing their gonna do that you and I can't." She mewed breezily. She had traveled for a couple moons, and her gaunt frame made it easy to carry, yet Roxie couldn't help but feel indignant. She shrugged away the feeling, knowing she'd feel better if she finally got some food in her.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Last edited by Pluto; April 20th, 2020 at 06:34 PM.
Old April 21st, 2020, 08:35 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombre Party View Post
(That would've been a BIG eyebrow raise moment from Roxie right then Zest ) @The Cannibal ; @Zesty Mango ; @Goldwhisker ; @Sparkling Bliss

Roxie turned to look at the other kit with a disbelieving stare. "Where's the fun in that?" She asked, dumbfounded. The tortoiseshell frowned at the tom-kit but let out a squeal as Fogpaw lifted her up from her scruff. Momma used to do this. She thought, but pushed the thought away, focusing on the present with this strange group of cats. She looked at her dangling tail as it brushed the ground with her tail-tip and she glanced at the tom. She was nearly as old as he was! Yet... I don't mind it if he carries me. She couldn't help but thinking. It had been awhile it made her feel safer and more relaxed. She relaxed her stiff posture and looked at Air. "Why live your life being afraid of your own kind? There's nothing their gonna do that you and I can't." She mewed breezily. She had traveled for a couple moons, and her gaunt frame made it easy to carry, yet Roxie couldn't help but feel indignant. She shrugged away the feeling, knowing she'd feel better if she finally got some food in her.
Air shrugged,”They said to be quiet, I’d be quiet unless you want to be left for crowfood.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old April 21st, 2020, 04:07 PM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

My Mood: Devilish

Runningkit looked around, No, definitely not here, too strong a scent of Riverclan.
Old April 22nd, 2020, 03:53 AM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
Lightpaw nodded obediently, a small part of her was sorta nervous she didn't want to mess anything up. Then she thought for a moment longer and shook her head. All Wormbite asked her to do was smell. That was easy enough. She closed her eyes, letting all the scents wash over her. Her shoulders relaxed and her fur stopped standing up straight. She noticed the muscles in her face were sore from staring so wide eyed at everything.
"There's a lot." Lightpaw noted, duh, you're outside the clan walls, of course there's a lot of new smells. She shifted her paws uncomfortably. Just say rabbits you mouse brain! But she wanted to impress Wormbite, she was smarter than that. "It smells sweet. Like... what rabbit fuzz feels like." She screwed her face together. That didn't make any sense. "I smell the air. It's different here. More free, and it's picking up all the flowers and pollens and whipping them around. Kinda hurts my nose." She shook her head to clear it.
Then Lightpaw realized Wormbite had asked her just to describe what she could. That didn't necessarily only mean scents. She strained her ears. "Cat-tails" she mewed. "The plant, not ours. They're rubbing together over there, on the bank." She pointed with her tail at the exact spot. She could hear the swish swish of the thick stalk, which somehow was therapeutic to her. She liked the rhythmic way the wind moved the world so it came alive.
Wormbite would simply watch Lightpaw with calculating eyes, nodding along as the molly spoke. The way the apprentice described rabbit fuzz made him want to touch it. Yet he wasn't sure,,it,, was sweet? That was another question he had to ask to Windclan.
Windclan did always had a free and open.. aura about them. He did actually hope they received a break from all these.. chaotic situations. His ears swivel to the sound of Lightpaw's voice-- he could hear the not-our-cat-tails-but-the-plant-cat-tails. He could also hear the river. Clashing against itself, a marker of Riverclan. He could smell the scent of Windclan cats itself.

Wormbite's expression seemed to soften as he came to the realization that Lightpaw was not so bad. He couldn't help but still feel a bit.. uneasy. He was only around 4 moons older than Lightpaw. Just a little bit later and the two would have been training together. He didn't want to,, mess up. He cleared his throat to grab her attention, "Correct. You understand how we smell, right? Like the river. Windclan smells like the breeze mixed with the pollen. The cat-tails. The rabbit fuzz, " Wormbite would explain, slowly rising to his paws.

He turned his back to Lightpaw and approached the river bank. His long thin tail gestured for her to follow him. Staying a good few tail-lengths from the river, he placed his paw onto the sand. Riverclan camp never,, exactly had the golden grains. So, Wormbite saw that it would be a good.. teaching moment? "Sand. Annoying to get out of your fur. Feels weird, " Wormbite explained, trying to not cringe at the texture. "The Training Island has it, "

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- the sleepy consumes me --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; April 22nd, 2020 at 03:55 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2020, 12:49 AM
The Only Unicorn Member

My Mood: Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by x ghostie View Post
Wormbite would simply watch Lightpaw with calculating eyes, nodding along as the molly spoke. The way the apprentice described rabbit fuzz made him want to touch it. Yet he wasn't sure,,it,, was sweet? That was another question he had to ask to Windclan.
Windclan did always had a free and open.. aura about them. He did actually hope they received a break from all these.. chaotic situations. His ears swivel to the sound of Lightpaw's voice-- he could hear the not-our-cat-tails-but-the-plant-cat-tails. He could also hear the river. Clashing against itself, a marker of Riverclan. He could smell the scent of Windclan cats itself.

Wormbite's expression seemed to soften as he came to the realization that Lightpaw was not so bad. He couldn't help but still feel a bit.. uneasy. He was only around 4 moons older than Lightpaw. Just a little bit later and the two would have been training together. He didn't want to,, mess up. He cleared his throat to grab her attention, "Correct. You understand how we smell, right? Like the river. Windclan smells like the breeze mixed with the pollen. The cat-tails. The rabbit fuzz, " Wormbite would explain, slowly rising to his paws.

He turned his back to Lightpaw and approached the river bank. His long thin tail gestured for her to follow him. Staying a good few tail-lengths from the river, he placed his paw onto the sand. Riverclan camp never,, exactly had the golden grains. So, Wormbite saw that it would be a good.. teaching moment? "Sand. Annoying to get out of your fur. Feels weird, " Wormbite explained, trying to not cringe at the texture. "The Training Island has it, "
The she-cat nodded taking in his every word. Even though Wormbite was only a few moons older than her, Lightpaw hung onto his words like they were Starclans. "I get how we smell. Like the river. Harsh like a flood but also light like the ripples. Sometimes even a little salty. But I like the salt, makes us seem fierce." She tightened her claws as if getting ready for battle. Then looked happily to Wormbite.

Lightpaw raised her eyes at his disgust. "You don't seem to like sand too much do you?" She pressed a paw into the bank. It was soft and warm, the sun had been doing a very good job that day. She longed to be sunning herself on some rocks somewhere. That would be her treat for doing such a good job today.

"You know," She shrugged, "I don't think it's in the warrior code that we HAVE to train on the Training Island. If you don't like sand I don't mind working in a clearing somewhere in the territory." She hoped she would impress Wormbite with the offer, and although she was his student she sensed a slight darkness to him, maybe she could also be his friend.

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.
Old April 23rd, 2020, 03:51 AM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
The she-cat nodded taking in his every word. Even though Wormbite was only a few moons older than her, Lightpaw hung onto his words like they were Starclans. "I get how we smell. Like the river. Harsh like a flood but also light like the ripples. Sometimes even a little salty. But I like the salt, makes us seem fierce." She tightened her claws as if getting ready for battle. Then looked happily to Wormbite.

Lightpaw raised her eyes at his disgust. "You don't seem to like sand too much do you?" She pressed a paw into the bank. It was soft and warm, the sun had been doing a very good job that day. She longed to be sunning herself on some rocks somewhere. That would be her treat for doing such a good job today.

"You know," She shrugged, "I don't think it's in the warrior code that we HAVE to train on the Training Island. If you don't like sand I don't mind working in a clearing somewhere in the territory." She hoped she would impress Wormbite with the offer, and although she was his student she sensed a slight darkness to him, maybe she could also be his friend.
Wormbite shook his head to confirm Lightpaw's suspicion. He dug his paw slightly into the sand before pulling out a pawful. He lift his paw, letting the grains slide off and back into the bank. He supposed he just never got desensitized to it.

He perk his head up at Lightpaw's suggestion, turning his head to stare at the molly. Well-- she was correct. Yet it was more or less a tradition.. he supposed? He furrowed his brows in thought.
"We'll switch, " Wormbite responded. Training in different terrains would also be useful in itself. "I do appreciative your consideration, it's thoughtful. " The tom added on to his previous statement-- offering a respectful nod to Lightpaw.

Clearing his throat, "Let's head to ThunderClan's border next, " He mewed and began to paddle off the bank. Wormbite was sure they covered the basics of Windclan.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- the sleepy consumes me --
pronouns.cc
Old April 23rd, 2020, 05:04 PM
The Only Unicorn Member

My Mood: Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by x ghostie View Post
Wormbite shook his head to confirm Lightpaw's suspicion. He dug his paw slightly into the sand before pulling out a pawful. He lift his paw, letting the grains slide off and back into the bank. He supposed he just never got desensitized to it.

He perk his head up at Lightpaw's suggestion, turning his head to stare at the molly. Well-- she was correct. Yet it was more or less a tradition.. he supposed? He furrowed his brows in thought.
"We'll switch, " Wormbite responded. Training in different terrains would also be useful in itself. "I do appreciative your consideration, it's thoughtful. " The tom added on to his previous statement-- offering a respectful nod to Lightpaw.

Clearing his throat, "Let's head to ThunderClan's border next, " He mewed and began to paddle off the bank. Wormbite was sure they covered the basics of Windclan.
Lightpaw beamed at Wormbite's appreciation. Pride swelled deep in her chest as she toddled after him. She continued her game of looking around, the darting off to inspect everything she could see. A swallow swept through the trees. And she crouched wiggling her haunches before leaping into the air. She was in no way close to catching the bird, she just wanted to see how high she could jump. Then she licked her chest embarrassed. Wormbite could probably jump a lot higher. "What can you tell me about Thunderclan?" She asked, deciding that maybe she should act a bit more mature on such an important day. She looked up at him hopefully.

Would you like to post on the Thunderclan border first?

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.
Old April 24th, 2020, 06:35 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Aspenbreeze couldn't help but involuntarily shiver as the.... silence from her new apprentice. Outsider? Bad listener? QUIET?! What else could go wrong! Ugh. Still, she did her best to continue forward, keeping a close side-eye on Smoulderpaw in case he decided to go feral... Can never trust these damn outsiders... As the pair would have made their way past the dead tree, after scaling carefully down a few steep slopes, they would arrive to the sandy bank. Nodding her head, she motioned for Smoulderpaw to follow carefully after her,

"This here - this is the where our little stream meets the big river." She motioned to the creek-like body of water streaking down the slopes. "You fall in this one..? Chances are you'll be alright - a little wet, but ultimately alive. It sucks, but it's not too deep. At least, I can touch the bottom with my toes, but this one?" She nodded towards the actual river. "Fall in these fast moving currents and you're dead - or you better hope you're dead before it drops you over the cliffs." Her fur bristled as she carefully picked her way over the creek on some conveniently placed rocks, landing on the firm sandy bank.

"We own this bank here, but you'll find we usually mark up the slope instead. I wouldn't trust RiverClan's best swimmer to try and make it across this section here, so we don't bother. That entire bank on the other side though belongs to RiverClan - you can kind of see their camp from here, but with all the reeds - eh." Aspenbreeze shrugged, as she continued up the sandy bank, heading for what used to be Lionsgrove territory.

"Got any questions about RiverClan before we move on?"

@Beau

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old April 24th, 2020, 07:24 PM
all that i’ll ever need

@Dust
Smolderpaw followed Aspenbreeze away from the dead tree and down a few slopes until the warrior stopped beside a creek. He listened as she told him about the difference between this body of water and the other. The ginger tom couldn’t help but grin as he thought about his long fur. “It’s a good thing I didn’t stumble upon Riverclan first,” he joked lightly, “with fur like this I’d probably drown the first time they tried to teach me to swim!” Smolderpaw was not at all certain that Aspenbreeze would respond well to his joke- in fact he was fairly certain that she wouldn’t- but he had made a promise to himself that he wouldn’t tiptoe around her. She didn’t seem the type to appreciate a tiptoer.
Smolderpaw hopped gingerly from stone to stone to follow her to the other side, still listening as she spoke. When it came to questions, Smolderpaw took a moment to think. He was pretty sure he’d been told the basics on each clan when he was young- at least enough to not have a question during this lesson. He didn’t know the leader or any details about them, but he knew they swam and fished. He did have one rather specific question, though, based on whispering she’d heard around camp. “What is our standing with them? I heard talk of a battle involving Riverclan around camp and obviously we aren’t involved, but I was wondering if we are friendly with them or if we can expect a battle to involve us soon.” Smolderpaw wanted to know where Windclan stood with all of the other clans and which to look out for. From what he heard around camp, Shadowclan was the one to watch out for, but that didn’t mean he could become buddies with Riverclan cats.