Closed Thread

Old June 11th, 2023, 02:19 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Streamstone

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Beansprout
Now this was what he liked to see. Active engagement, not just a few announcements and some chants. He was beyond pleased at the cats who expressed their opinions and ideas, and though it was a slow start, hopefully, this could become the new norm for meetings. Slowly, more cats would become comfortable with sharing, he was sure.

Beansprout addressed every cat, starting with those who spoke up about his proposed rank. As Mistfire [ @The Doctor ] spoke up, he considered and nodded. He didn't make any concrete decisions as she had been the first to speak but made sure to nod in her direction as a sign that he had heard her ideas and acknowledged them. As Bluestone [ @Queen_Coral ] and Berryfur [ @Joeboe_Bean ] seemed to lean more in favor of the rank, Beansprout kept quiet until he knew anyone who wanted to express an opinion could. There wasn't much else, aside from the newly named Sunsetpaw [ @Pangoligon ] proposing a spin on his idea. With a tilt of his head, he nodded along. Deciding what to say, the siamese cat took a moment before opening his mouth.

"Mistfire, I appreciate the feedback, and I think Sunsetpaw's idea may have some merit. Thank you, Sunsetpaw," he acknowledged, dipping his head toward the young cat. "If any cat would be interested in learning more about this role and hashing out the details with me, please meet me in the clearing after this meeting." Beansprout figured that a true discussion would be better for this than an actual Clan meeting.

Now, for the other comments. The first thing he heard was Winterpaw [ @dragonwind ] speaking up, asking if he could participate in the Firefly Cove battle. There was no hesitation in his voice when he shut this idea down. "Absolutely not. No apprentices under the age of 6 moons will be participating in this or any battle. Even then, you must have battle training to even be considered for participation. You may be old enough to begin training, but you are not yet prepared for real experiences. And that goes for all of you, not just Winterpaw." His tail lashed to the side as he skimmed over the new apprentices, making sure they got the point.

It was with only the smallest hint of surprise that he looked at Otterslash [ @Neso ] as she made her way to the front of the crowd and spoke out against him. While Beansprout was a slight bit irked that she would think him blind to the new apprentices' ages, the siamese was mostly happy that Otterslash didn't hesitate to speak out against him. Questioning leadership was a necessity for a strong Clan, and that was one of Beansprout's core beliefs. He was more than willing to explain himself to his Clanmate, as she demanded an explanation.

"I'm well aware of the ages of these cats, Otterslash. These cats were promised apprenticeship if they participated in Tinystorm [ @BEAR. ]'s event, and that is what I gave them. As I said, these cats are strictly forbidden from participating in battles until the age of 6 moons. I'm not a monster; I would never recklessly throw RiverClan's youth into danger." His tone remained cool, though the siamese was a bit upset that any cat could think he would just throw babies into battle. "These kids have decided they were ready to start learning, and I can't go back on a promise. Besides, I fully trust that their mentors will take age into account when training them. RiverClan's warriors are no monsters, either. And if I find out that some cat is being reckless or careless, they will face severe punishment."

Now, for the various questions and comments on Firefly Cove. "Yes, I do realize what happened when Firefly Cove was taken from us. And if you hadn't noticed, I'm doing everything in my power to prevent this from happening. Every cat who participated in my training event specifically meant to prep for this battle will tell you this as well. The last thing I want on my paws is unnecessary death." Bluestone spoke up again about the necessity of Firefly Cove. "The Cove actually originally belonged to RiverClan when the Clans were founded, and we have used that invaluable piece of land for herbs, prey, and resources we just can't obtain anywhere else on RiverClan territory. With this many cats, we need it now more than ever so Stonepaw can keep his herb stock up and so we can continue to keep this Clan well-fed and healthy."

Finally, a small voice caught Beansprout's attention. Puddlekit approached and asked why he couldn't be an apprentice too. With a slight tilt of his head and an apologetic look, the siamese spoke softly. "I'm sorry, you didn't end up going with Tinystorm for his event. But I'm sure, in just a little bit, you'll be an apprentice too."

With that, he talked one last time. "If there are any follow-up questions, speak now. The meeting will come to a close soon, and anything not discussed now may be taken to my den."

// final meeting post: 6/12 \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old June 11th, 2023, 03:20 PM
it'll just take time.....

Status: pictures capture memories that will not be forgotten...
Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

Mumblepaw
They/He/It | Post Count: 41

Beansprout.” Turning away from their mentor, the calico padded back up to the front. “We have worked without the cove for moons now. The battle wouldn’t make sense, why expand our territory by a battle when we can find new locations within our borders, or expand them beyond the reaches before. Cats will be injured, regardless. Why are we going to waste the herbs we might get the from cove if we are just going to be in a constant state of war over it? Why don’t we stick it out until the end of this season, so some expanding of our territory elsewhere then if we need, then take the cove. This gives us time to prepare and expand, perhaps give me some time to figure out the tunnels, then we are full battle ready and actually have the herbs to waste if we stock up now… Did you even get Stonepaw’s permission to do this? What did he say? Did you even care to check? How did you even know the Cove was ours originally? You can’t just charge wrecklessly, into a territory that might not even be ours to begin with, with a small group of cats, and all of that to waste herbs we might be able to get elsewhere. We don’t need the Cove, it’s common sense. What game are you trying to play at? The Settlement of Storms and Skies will just try to take it back anyways. There is absolutely no reason why we need the Cove other than you are playing something behind the scenes, I will ask again, what are you trying to do?
The learner rambled, tone falling and rising at certain sections. They were passionate and that was clear enough in its voice. Harming others never got us anywhere. Only death and destruction of the Settlement and our Commandership the learner mentally added onto their statement. Stick getting shifted under their paws. They would’ve offered the Tunnels as a place to expand their search of territory but even it knew that was a bad idea. At least until he had the proper knowledge of them and how to restore the walls of it. Beansprout had a different motive, he wasn’t even trying to hide it at this point. Mumblepaw wanted to know what that was though. Why did he want the Cove so badly if we were just going to waste the herb they got from it. The learner shifted their glance to Stonepaw speaking the words, loudly at that. “He didn’t ask you, did he?” now looking at his own father. “You agreed to this?! You want to waste time and energy doing that? I know you would rather sleep this away, what did he say to you to convince you to allow this, Dad?” Mumblepaw’s voice rising in tone, and slightly volume. Now going back down to a normal level. Green eyes latching onto his orange ones. Head turning back to the Commander on the streamstone. Arguing with something already in place was pointless. Getting removed from a meeting wasn’t worth it either, so for now, Mumblepaw waited for a response, it better be a good one at that.

@carmen @Estelle @vellichor
--
✰ [ get to know me ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen
velli was here doing profile mewsic and decided to vandalize
Old June 11th, 2023, 03:29 PM
Detective To Justice

Bump Policy: 24 hours

OtterSlash

The warrior stood there in shock. There were so many things that didn’t add up. Shaking her head in disbelief. She rose her voice to a decent tone to speak. ”Why are we doing this the first place? It doesn’t matter if kits younger 6 moons cant participate in the raid. You never thought of the consequences this will have at all. Either way apprentices shouldn’t be 2 months old. Riverclan shouldn’t allow that at all.” She shecat looked at the crowd then back at the leader.

“ Unless you were told in private how we had the cove in the beginning way back when riverclan was just started. I don’t know how you would know seeing as you are not clan born. Of course being clan born or not doesnt matter to leading a clan, but half of river clan didn’t even know that. So how would you? No one wants to be injured or die, the way you’re putting your own pride in front of your clan is crazy. Relations with thunder clan are already terrible. And it’s going to bite you right in ass if you continue to plan this attack, hopefully you realize what tomfoolery you are doing before you send cats to their deaths.”

OtterSlash was very unhappy and she never understood why nobody in this clan ever spoke up. She gasped for a breath of air and then continued. “If this is some stunt to please starclan.. then god forbid. This is a clear lack of comprehension of your own clan. It’s embarrassing… We barely have a medicine cat den of herbs and you wanna do this. Do you think Fawn your own daughter would like this unnecessary violence? Good grief.” That’s the most she’s talked in atleast a moon, god damn. Otterslash had this sort of displeased look on her face as looked at the leader.

// @vellichor

Last edited by Astraea; June 11th, 2023 at 03:32 PM.
Old June 11th, 2023, 03:36 PM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

The elder allows her shoulders to slump. Had she known that RiverClan would fall upon such hard times, she would not have had any kits - but if StarClan wills it this way, then who is she to complain...?

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader

Old June 11th, 2023, 05:48 PM
not online a lot, sorry

Bump Policy: anytime necessary

Puddlekit lowered his head and tail sadly, and trudged back through the crowd and to his parents. Sunfall smiled at him, with a look of empathy.

"Well, look on the bright side!" the orange she-cat meowed loudly, "You've only gotta wait 3 more moons. And I'm sure Bumble will show you all the amazing moves Darktwist shows her." The warrior flicked Puddlekit with her tail, but the kit's mood didn't improve.
——————
Bumblepaw shrugged; she could find Darktwist later then. She was an apprentice now, so that meant she could explore! Glancing at her brother, she noticed he didn't seem too happy. But she wouldn't let that snuff her excitement out.

The little yellow cat trotted towards the camp entrance. Bumblepaw's fur puffed up as she nosed her way out of camp. I'm gonna tell Puddlekit all about this! she thought, tail curling up. She ran forward a bit, and looked around. This is gonna be sooo fun! And with that, she raced off on her little kitten legs, to explore her Clan's territory.
——————
Amberspark watched Bumblepaw trot away. "I guess Darktwist is taking her exploring today!" she mewed fondly, and leaned over to pick Puddlekit up. The queen happily padded back to the nursery, Sunfall staying behind to discuss the new rank with Berryfur.
@Shade

"Worse? Or better?"

Last edited by Kacey!; June 11th, 2023 at 05:49 PM.
Old June 11th, 2023, 08:56 PM
Engaged to Moonraven

My Mood: Devilish

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Flamebriar
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

The massive calico blinked as she was assigned Minnowpa- er, Mumblepaw, as an apprentice. Smiling at the young cat, she touched noses with them when they approached, her head tilting slightly at their question. "If you mean do I know anything about the tunnels, then no. I've never been in them before."

Beansprout went on with the rest of the announcements, and when the issue of Firefly Cove came up they charged off, clearly protesting against the idea. Stars, Mumble was definitely going to give her a headache.

@Solar

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Talonpaw
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

After the camp guards announcement, the meeting quickly went downhill when Beansprout announced his intention to retake Firefly Cove. When Otterslash spoke, Talonpaw's ears pinned to his head. Seriously?! Age was her concern? He had been two moons old when he died. Maybe if he had had a mentor who cared about him then, it wouldn't have happened.

"Otterslash, I fail to see the issue. Beansprout just said that any mentors who don't treat their apprentices properly will be severely punished. Why are you so against cats getting training earlier? It's not against the warrior code, and it will make us stronger warriors in the long-run. So unless you have something thoughtful to say, shut up."

Talonpaw should have been politer, but he was mad. This issue was personal to him, and despite his fears about speaking up, this wasn't something he could let go. Because what if the same thing that happened to him happened to someone else, and having a mentor could have saved them.

@Neso @BEAR. [if you want Tiny to notice]

Last edited by Ian; June 11th, 2023 at 08:57 PM.
Old June 11th, 2023, 10:48 PM
Detective To Justice

OtterSlash

Otterslash’s ears perked when she heard this small kit voice from behind her. She would then turn her head slowly to see who just told her to shut up, seeing it was Talonkit, she refused to call him anything other than a kit. Cause that’s what he was and nothing more. Her blood was boiling at this point.. She flicked her tail in anger, it was very clear she didn’t like what this kit had to say.

“Normally I would say that apprenticeship is good thing, but not when you are 2-4 moons old. You can barely talk with failing to pronounce words correctly. You can barely digest actually food that isn’t your mothers milk. You are fragile, you’re a baby.You won’t be strong warriors when you’re in the medicine cat den for an injured paw. You have no grasp on what being an apprentice is yet. You just want to become one because you see how much freedom they have. They aren’t confined to camp like you kits are. If you can’t grasp apprenticeship, then how are you supposed to be a good warrior.”

She remembered something all of a sudden.. How the hell was a ghost talking…
You’re supposed to be dead… so how are you alive and talking? It doesn’t make any sense, you were 2 moons when you died, and to the cold… So how on starclans name are you alive?” .

This seriously didn’t make any sense. It wasn’t adding up, she sighed. Ignoring how a ghost was talking she continued.

“Earlier doesn’t mean better, remember that. Just because you think you can handle something doesn’t mean you can. You’re literally a baby. I’m going to excuse the fact that you told me to shut up to that you are in fact a child. And you don’t have a comprehension on speech and language yet. You should watch your tongue kit.” The shecat sighed as her tail flicked a few more times.

// @Lillian // @BEAR.

Old June 12th, 2023, 12:18 AM
Random DnD Player

Bump Policy: Bump if I don't reply for a few days.
My Mood: Crazy

_Sequoiastrike_
She narrowed her eyes, hoping that taking firefly cove wouldn't be to hard for Riverclan. *It would help them get their dignity back after loosing it... and it could help her prove herself as a useful warrior! Maybe even a leader one day!* The ambitious she-cat thought.

*Although what if we loose any-cat? I know I'm not leader... but I would still feel responsible for any deaths. I hope Beansprout it right, and we can win. Anyway, we deserve firefly cove back! We've had it for so long... we can't just stop fighting and let them take it!* She thought, looking around at her clanmates with confidence.

/OPEN/

Thunderstrike, Aurene
Ravenfrost'

My ocs

Python (Loner)
Old June 12th, 2023, 07:05 AM
Trying to stay active!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Cool

Well, this all seemed interesting. A new rank? Troutstone guessed it could work, if there were enough of them to take shifts or something. "I think," he mewed, raising his voice, "with the new rank, that they should still have to do normal warrior duties, and that it should maybe be refreshed every few moons." Now, as for the battle, Troutstone would leave that to the other cats. He had no interest in war.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old June 12th, 2023, 10:32 AM
dancing in the moonlight

Bump Policy: 3 days (1 day time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Stonepaw

Once his sister received her name, he stopped paying attention, merely mumbling the names of the others without registering who it was. There sure was a lot of them. No matter, he'd get to know them all eventually, and if he needed help, he could always ask a friend. Where were his friends? Beetlepaw. Russetpaw. Beastflame. He hadn't seen any of them recently. The last time he had seen Russetpaw had been her running away from death, and honestly, he couldn't blame her. Riverclan was a broken clan, and it seems a better idea to run before you lose someone you love too. He should have run after Silversnow.

A scuffle broke out beside him, two small kits arguing, except, the warrior said 'paw. No, that couldn't be right, he was still a kit. Stonepaw was sure that Beansprout with his numerous issues would not dare to apprentice someone so young. Yes, that was just a slip-up of a name. All was well. Yes, all was well, it was just a mistake. He smiled at Briarpaw before tilting his head. Got to make sure no ones hurt. Pushing his way over to Minkkit, he examined her face, before turning to her father. "Nothing too bad. If it still hurts later, I can give her a poppy seed." Oh dear, a hurt kitten. Always a pain to treat and always took longer to heal. No matter, this was barely a problem.

Eyes followed after Lionkit, but he didn't say anything. That cat was barely weaned, he was positive now that he hadn't heard Lionpaw listed in the earlier names. Merely a mistake. His head turned back to the leader, though he stayed close to the family, just in case another thing went wrong. No. He said the words. He said Lionpaw. Oh no. That wouldn't stand. As Beansprout continued, his mind reeled. Lionpaw was two, looked two, acted two, how in the world had he been apprenticed? It must have a mistake, he'd let Beansprout know later, not insult him by speaking back now.

His friend was mentioned next, and it shot a pang through his heart that the leader hadn't realized she was gone. He was probably too busy, just as he had been too busy for names. "Russetpaw's left. I don't think she was aware that the death count here wasn't much better than that of the outskirts. She left after paying respects." It was even and level, but he missed her. His old lady friend. His breath caught as Antlerdad was mentioned, but he didn't move. He was done crying. He had to be good now.

The Starcave, what was the Starcave? Whatever.

Still, apparently Beansprout did care enough about the remaining kits to instigate camp guards, though, if they were out training, that wouldn't very much do them well. No, Lionpaw was an accident. Stop pinning it on him. Beansprout doesn't know. He's not in the nursery enough to know. It's not his fault. He shook his head at the mention of Firefly Cove. So much was going on, he couldn't stay focused. EVeryone started speaking over each other, but all he could mutter was "Camp guards, great idea, yep yep."

Finally someone stepped up, so he didn't have to. Otterslash. He didn't know her well, but moon above, she was doing fantastic. He didn't know much about Firefly Cove, he hadn't been alive then, but two moon old kittens were called kitten for a reason.

Well that got worse.

His face turned slack-jawed, and planned words turned to mush. He had known? And he had promised? And that idiot Tinystorm was apart of the problem, yet again. But Minnowpaw spoke, Minnowpaw- no, Mumblepaw, opened his mouth. A friend of Beansprout, but not afraid to call him out. So yeah, Stonepaw wouldn't be scared away anymore. More outbursts and interruptions, but that didn't matter. He'd listen and he'd repsond. Breathe.

"I was aware of the cove due to an event that was started a few days ago." His words started out slow and measured, but as he built up confidence, the cadence increased. "But I didn't know the history. I was unaware if we needed Firefly Cove or not, that there had been a former battle, that we had lost a leader there. We have plenty of territory now, like Mumble said, why don't we just explore or expand. The outskirts are giant, we don't need to start a war. I can't heal everyone on my own." I don't all of the herbs yet man, how can I save everyone. "But if it is necessary, then I will try my best to do my job."

"The kits, on the other hand. That I didn't know. It doesn't matter if they aren't allowed to fight in the battle. General training isn't safe. There's a reason why you might see a warrior or apprentice teaching them how to jump, or the general idea of how to paw, instead of showing a kit how to flip around in defense. It's because it's not safe. Mentally, they aren't ready, they haven't matured. Kits don't move to eating prey until they're at least two moons, many take even longer. They barely have teeth or claws, bones are brittle and hard to repair. They aren't old enough to begin training. A wrongly timed leap, while for an apprentice may only result in bruises, can easily snap bones and kitten bones are hard to heal."

" Even if they can't go into battle, training is still difficult, there are fish larger than four moon old kittens, and if a warrior will miss a fish, what's to say that they won't miss a kitten being pushed down a river down rapids. The kit curriculum teaches them to swim in a shallow place, and while it's been split into older and younger sections, you still don't take the older kits to the river, so would you just keep them at Cattail Pond? Kit swimming part 3 and all. Ferretsnap made a mistake with Glisteningpaw, but you still trusted him with an apprentice, meaning you believe him to be a good enough warrior to deserve a second chance. And if a good warrior was able to make a mistake with an average apprentice, who's to say that it'll be any different? Especially considering kits make bad decisions, as we've seen with Lionpaw. Mentally they aren't ready. Physically they aren't ready. Even if you promised them, you should be able to choose safety over promises."

"Five moons old, I can understand, they're nearly there, but when you apprentice a two or three or four moon old, even if it's just to get a jump on training, they aren't big enough to hunt, they aren't strong enough to protect themselves, it's not safe to practice swimming without at least two warriors. You can't feel confident that they'll all even make it to six moons."

He froze as Ottersplash spoke again, his mouth falling agape at the mention of Fawnlight. No, she was right once again. She wouldn't have wanted this. Unnecessary violence, arguing, underage apprentices. It was as if Beansprout had forgotten his own daughter. Wouldn't that be awful? Forgetting family as soon as you get the crown. Just another step on the ladder to victory. He huffed with his pause, catching his breath and bringing down the rush of adrenaline. Talonpaw. He knew that name. Otterslash brought the rest of it back to him.

"Fawnlight told me about you. You died in winter. It was awful, you were young. You died because of a mistake and a bad decision. You couldn't survive alone in the winter, so who is to say that another cat could make outside the camp in the elements too? A mentor to watch as they freeze to death? To bring them inside twenty seconds later because they can't stop shaking enough to train? You fail to see the issue? The issue is that they can't hunt properly due to size, they can't patrol with the chance of a run-in with the another clan. Numerous apprentice have crossed borders with training. A kit could too. Fighting is out of the question, it's too easy to get hurt. Winter is too cold and swimming would be useless without training in the currents. Obviously, they shouldn't attend gatherings. You still can't see it?"

"So how will the three moon old apprentice train? Three seasons until they're six moons, only on patrols with other warriors, only doing the training out of fear that they might be hurt. Let them be kids. Let them pine about becoming an apprentice, but let them enjoy their kithood Beansprout. Don't give them responsibilities and stress. Anxiety is a real thing, and many kids don't want to be around adults, it scares them, so don't force it, even if they think it's good. Let them move at their own pace. And maybe if someones remarkable or special, they can start training at five, but any younger? Any younger and you're putting them in danger, you're inspiring jealousy in siblings, sparking anxiety in apprentices that are now surrounded by those so much older than them, hatred in apprentices that weren't so lucky, or watch a seven moon old become a warrior. Do you expect them to train for ten moons?."

"Please listen. I'm telling you, as your medicine cat, that many will die. I'm telling you, as a clanmate, that I don't want to see kids doing anything other than being kids." Sun and moon, Beansprout, make the right choice.

@Rose @xavier. @Solar. @Neso @Lillian

that's all folks

unless?

rose stole carmen's identity

Last edited by carmen; June 12th, 2023 at 07:25 PM.
Closed Thread