Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by Idiotic.Bean101
Today 02:34 PM
Marigold's Messy Madness!...
Last post by paedyn
Today 02:32 PM
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by Fits
Today 02:28 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by squidz
Today 02:28 PM
The Ash that covers a...
by Red'fur
Last post by WarriorGalaxy
Today 02:19 PM

Old March 10th, 2017, 12:57 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChameweonRainbow View Post
Blizzardclaw licked the blood from his claws and took the time to hide the prey they caught under some rocks for them to come back too. "With your permission ma'am, I can go see if there are any Kingfishers up in the trees hanging over the river." He asked; once again standing at attention in respect of the senior warrior.
Ferretblaze gave him a slightly curious look, head tilting to the side slightly. "Okay," She meowed, standing up and shaking out her fur. "I'm gonna see if I can get a few fish." She angles her ears toward the river as she studied the younger warrior. "And you don't have to call me ma'am or ask for permission, its not like i'm your mentor." She added, a slightly teasing tone to her voice but her expression stayed serious as always. She flicked her tail at Blizzardclaw's shoulders before padding past him to the river.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust
Old March 10th, 2017, 01:11 PM

My Mood: Annoyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melody View Post
Ferretblaze gave him a slightly curious look, head tilting to the side slightly. "Okay," She meowed, standing up and shaking out her fur. "I'm gonna see if I can get a few fish." She angles her ears toward the river as she studied the younger warrior. "And you don't have to call me ma'am or ask for permission, its not like i'm your mentor." She added, a slightly teasing tone to her voice but her expression stayed serious as always. She flicked her tail at Blizzardclaw's shoulders before padding past him to the river.
Blizzardclaw looked slightly startled, he was a no-nonsense and soldier like cat. He didn't comprehend the problem of referring to his superiors with respect and he felt it was his duty as a younger less experienced warrior to show dignity and respect towards the senior warriors and such. "Yes Ferretblaze, I understand, I will refrain from calling you ma'am from now on," he said feeling rather frazzled. But it didn't show and his face remained stoic as ever. He then turned and bolted straight up a tree using his powerful legs and large claws to launch himself onto a branch that connected to a grove of trees that usually housed Kingfishers and other water birds.

Charrie Site
"give me chocolate chip cookie dough and im perfect!"

Last edited by ChameweonRainbow; March 10th, 2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old March 10th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Memerofthememes

My Mood: Amazed

Default Re: RiverClan Territor

[QUOTE=paint splattered shadows;196553]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpingpotato View Post
Silentbird heard snarling,"Moonkit come here."She mewed grabbing the swimming kit and putting her into a hole in a tree,"Stay here ok?" She asked,"Ok momma please hurry!" The small kit meowed, Silentbird rushed off, moonkit jumped out of the tree to follow,"Swimclaw I told you to leave!" She yowled, moonkit peeked her head out,"That kit there is probably mine!" Swimclaw hissed rushed over to moonkit and picked her up,"Moonkit-!" Silentbird was cut off as swimclaw ran around the corner and Silentbird followed, she gasped in horror,"Swimclaw don't do it!" She begged,"Ill drop her in the river!" He yowled through the kits fur, Silentbird rushed at him reaching for the kit, she retrieved the kit and pushed him in,"I can't swim!" He yowled
Birdsong dove in the water, grabbing swim laws scruff and putting him down on the ground. He hissed and said "never come near my family again
Old March 10th, 2017, 07:06 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoireRose View Post
Tornadopaw nodded, and he carried a couple fish into his maw as he trotted after her. He cursed himself for being selfish and thinking of himself. He knew the queens and elders had to eat first, and he was perfectly fine with that. It was just how the clan works. The elders needed all the strength they could get and the queens needed food to produce healthy kits. Tornadopaw knew he had enough strength to hold himself together, and he was excited about the skills he'd be able to learn on ground instead of in water. He was overjoyed with the feeling of catching something that's running on ground instead of swimming in water, especially since the river was beginning to take a cold turn because of the season. He noted to himself to practice some of his battle moves just in case Lilyshade wanted to train. He deemed to impress her in that field! His eyes sparked at the thought.
Continuing on, fatigue finally settled in Lilyshade and her legs felt heavy. A fog entered her mind, but she kept plowing on, determined to get to camp with the prey. She realized that in the span of this short day, her and Tornadopaw had accomplished a lot today. Letting a small smile spread across her face, she turned to check on Tornadopaw, making sure he wasn't too cold or tired. She was worried about her apprentice. Being tired and cold is a surefire way to catch a cold. And catching a cold in leaf-bare could easily make something as simple as the common cold, become worse. While her attention was averted, Lilyshade tripped on a tree root and tumbled to the ground, the fish spilling from her jaws. A yelp escaped from her now free mouth as she landed hard on her side, her paw twisting quite painfully as it was trapped under the tree root. She closed her eyes, lying there, too tired now that she was down to get up. A sigh escaped and she lifted the heavy weights pulling her eyelids down and stared at Tornadopaw, hoping he wouldn't be too worried because she was fine, she just needed to get back to camp and rest. However, she had no motivation and instead closed her eyes and fell back against the cold ground, the cold seeping through her fur and into her bones.
Old March 10th, 2017, 07:44 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat12 View Post
Continuing on, fatigue finally settled in Lilyshade and her legs felt heavy. A fog entered her mind, but she kept plowing on, determined to get to camp with the prey. She realized that in the span of this short day, her and Tornadopaw had accomplished a lot today. Letting a small smile spread across her face, she turned to check on Tornadopaw, making sure he wasn't too cold or tired. She was worried about her apprentice. Being tired and cold is a surefire way to catch a cold. And catching a cold in leaf-bare could easily make something as simple as the common cold, become worse. While her attention was averted, Lilyshade tripped on a tree root and tumbled to the ground, the fish spilling from her jaws. A yelp escaped from her now free mouth as she landed hard on her side, her paw twisting quite painfully as it was trapped under the tree root. She closed her eyes, lying there, too tired now that she was down to get up. A sigh escaped and she lifted the heavy weights pulling her eyelids down and stared at Tornadopaw, hoping he wouldn't be too worried because she was fine, she just needed to get back to camp and rest. However, she had no motivation and instead closed her eyes and fell back against the cold ground, the cold seeping through her fur and into her bones.
Tornadopaw travelled a few ways with his fish until he saw Lilyshade's body on the ground. Without a second thought, the young tom ran to her body, dropping the fish in the process. "Lilyshade!!" He screamed and put his muzzle in the crook of her neck, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. Her body was cold. Most likely from the temperature. He wondered if she was breathing. "Lilyshade...come on get up. We're almost at camp. You can sleep in your moss nest.I'll even change your best to new fresh smelling moss if you'd like. Just please, let's continue. We can stop training if you're too tired. I just don't want you to be in this cold." He gently stepped and came behind her, laying down against her pelt, at least to emit some heat into the both of them.
Old March 10th, 2017, 09:09 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlipop View Post
She almost bumped into the tom and was able to stop herself quick enough to keep them from touching. She flicked her ear as she looked up at him in confusion and noticed how angry his eyes looked, causing her to once again shrink down and pin her ears back, backing up a bit. She hung her head and looked down at the ground as he spat at her. Her fur was hot, feeling guilty for spitting accusations at him for something he didn't say. She knew something she couldn't allow for him to know about a certain tom in it, so it felt like an instinct to get defensive for him. When you love a cat, it feels like you must be protective over them when they aren't there even over the littlest of things. "I'm sorry..." she squeaked, not looking at him directly. Her eyes became fixated again when she noticed looking a bit less intimidating as he began to droop. Was it something I said? she thought, worriedly. She focused on his words, expressions and body language. Evil.... that was the word... that word seemed to trigger something inside of him, which made her more concerned. Maybe kin of his... or maybe even he himself? She shook her head.
No, it couldn't possibly be him.
she thought, Intimidating and a bit rude? Yes. Evil? No... I don't possibly see it. Trying to make him feel better, she tried rephrasing her current statements. "O-O-Oh, well when I meant evil cats, I just meant.... L-Less than good cats. I don't truly believe in evil cats myself." she fibbed with a nervous smile and twitchy tail. "Certain cats make bad choices in there life, but it doesn't make them evil. If you regret a certain decision like that, then you are just a cat that made a mistake." she may have been lying at first, but she was glad to throw in some honest advice and moral checks. Maybe he might actually believe her this time. She was a bit surprised when he said she was free to go back to camp. A small portion was already racing towards her nest in the camp and couldn't wait to snuggle up in her nest. However, the rest of her took notice of him as he said that. In her eyes, she saw a cat that was upset and needed help to be cheered up. It saddened her to see such a big, strong looking cat down on his knees like this. He was certainly a handsome tom. He probably just needs a mate or some cat to help cheer him up, she thought. She immediately excluded herself as she thought of this. Her heart and feelings were already taken and reserved for Fireflare. She was still willing to see him as a potential ally someday. She allowed herself to gaze over to camo, then at her tired feet, then back at this tom. Being forced to lie once again, she lies sweetly, "Oh, why I'm not tired at all," she mewed, quickly placing her tail on her feet. "I wouldn't want to leave you alone like that, it'd seem too cruel for a cat to do." she walks over to his side where he can see her clearly and then hiding her feet again. "I'm fine with spending more time in the territory. I'd rather come back to camp with some prey in my claws, don't you think so too?" she asked, with a shy smile. ((haha Fallen just got friendzoned c)
{lmao perfect, it adds to the drama}

The warrior had flattered his ears and felt his heart ache, he had already scared the poor she cat, and now he wasn't pretty sure he terrified her. How much of an awful cat was he? His blue hues danced with sadness, pity, and regret, he didn't like the cat he became, he didn't like the warrior he became, but at the same time, he was proud of what he had done, none of it was for his own well being, rather, for those he cared for. He let out a sigh and saw that she hadn't left yet, he looked at her as though she was crazy "There's no need to try and explain yourself, honestly it's fine." he huffed, he lashed his tail and looked down at the river, his attention snatched away from the molly for a few seconds. He didn't mind the company, but at the same time he felt as though she didn't truly want to be here with him, and oddly enough the very thought of that made his heart hurt.

Fallenstream wasn't expecting her to sit next to him and start speaking to him once more, he thought she bolted for the clan. It made his soul warm, his heart felt as though it was lighter. He like it, this warmth, the last time he felt it was when he was with Lightstream, but sadly she didn't make it through the head injury she had gotten. He missed it in all honesty, yet he couldn't explain what exactly this warmth was. Upon the mollys statement he let out anhuff and picked himself up, his glossy black fur seemed to shine a little brighter in the sunlight, he had his energy back. The ebony tom lashed his tail and looked down at Honeypool and smiled, a genuine smile this time, he had noticed how badly her paws had ached, he wasn't a mouse-brain after all, he did care for his clanmates "Thank you, and Howe about this, we'll take little breaks inbetween, we could even go for a little swim, that cold water should help your paws. Sound good?" he questioned, something within his being made the ebony tom want to protect the ginger molly, hear her laugh, see her smile, yet he still couldn't quite explain why.

"Without worrying about our appearance, let's conclude today."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan

|| Site || ToyHouse ||
But these fingers and these palms
Full of love despite the scars
They show indisputably I
have so much more to grow
Oh, I can change, I can evolve

I can get up when I fall
I'll live contentedly, I don't need a reason why
Standing tall and
standing strong
I have found where I belong
In the arms of somebody, there is no more need to cry
Old March 11th, 2017, 11:53 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

The shuddering stopped, she righted herself, attempting to regain posture. Her muscles had been drained from energy, and she found it hard to inasmuch as stand straight. She clenched her jaw and worked at her posture for a moment more, until she was drawn up to a suitably straight position, though her legs still shook slightly beneath her. She gave herself the smallest of shakes, attempting to loose debris from her fur. Her muscles felt flimsy and weak, too limp to even rid her of the dirt that stubbornly clung to her. Cold air rushed in, between the layers of thick hair, chilling her skin and making her shudder slightly. She gratefully accepted Mistfall's help, this time only depositing a fraction of her weight onto her newfound friend.

Her tail twitched slightly, and she shifted weight awkwardly, feeling deeply guiltily for what she had done. Geckoleaf tended to be overly self reliant- instead of admitting that she occasionally needed help, she would pile herself high with work and expectations, never letting another help her bear her burden. And omitting to assistance felt like personal betraya; she felt as if she were to help her clan mates, without them being allowed to reciprocate. So Mistfall providing emotional support felt wrong, but it was near necessary; even now, the snow had a strange pink afterglow, the world even now not a pure white. The light filtering through icicles was a soft ruby, and the white of her own fur smacked of red undertones. Despite having settled, she was still so fragile, as if the slightest thing could hurt her.

She helped others, and selflessly gave, but Geckoleaf needed to be healed. Cougarstorm had been a reliable figure, something sturdy to rest herself upon, but still not what she needed. The medicine cat needed a sister, a kindred soul who could provide unique help. And she was realizing that maybe, just maybe Mistfall could be such a special friend. But that would require the milky opening up, which she was bad at already. And, to her, showing someone the darkest depths of her fear was not necessarily the pea hurst way to open up a new chapter.

She stood still as Mistfall met her gaze; the milky green eyes were surprisingly piercing, and she felt rooted to the ground, ready to here anything that the grey warrior spoke to her, much as a deer freezes at the sight of headlights. And she listened to everything intently, still feeling the need to tether to herself to something, while she was adrift in the sea of red that was the nightmares and pain of her past. Each word brought her closer to being completely present; it washed the film of red away from her eyes, and the world seemed clearer.

It took her a moment to proccess Mistfall's words; at first she only heard sounds and syllables, until they seemed to gain meaning, a moment too late. Compliments, reassurance- someone telling her she was strong. It was refreshing, really. Everyone always told her how pretty and talented she was, never that she had any grit, or that their might be things in her life she couldn't control. And though she usually shied away from praise, this time she soaked it up, like a flower leaning towards a shaft of sunlight. Yet, she couldn't help but still feel abashed, shame for her meltdown still smarting and fresh. She tried not cry, feeling stupid for feeling things that she couldn't control. She bit at her bottom lip, eyes burning slightly. Her gaze skirted away from Mistfall's, her skittish nature prevalent. But instead of crying, she acted impulsively- in a move, she had pressed her face against the grey she-cat's chest, ears still flattened, eyes pressing shut. The feeling of being able to press against something sturdy and real assured her she was alright, and mopped up the remaining feeling of guilt.

Softly, she mumbled; "I.. I still am... But thank you... It makes a world of difference that somebody still cares for me. I'm just glad you didn't leave me.. Like everyone else." Her words were soft and weak, but filled with her gratitude. She was too emotionally exhausted to cry for all her loss- but nonetheless, a bit of childish fear filled her that Mistfall would just suddenly leave. Like her parents- like her sister, her mentor, her leader. She drew back her head, just enough so that she could look up at Mistfall. "Y-you won't leave me, right? I don't.. I don't think I could stand it.. Please stay." She didn't cry, just looked tired and miserable, a pitiable specimen. If the warrior less, she would shed no tears, only sigh in exhaustion and walk on.

(of course you can! geck can run off after she smells some herbs, then we'll she's gone, mist gets attacks, so that she's not interfering with plot, then she can cone back and help mist?)
(sorry for taking so long! :'c)

The warrior’s soft orbs observed as the shaking ceased and the medicine cat rose. It was clear how exhausted she was, being drained from the episode she had just endured. Her eyes watched as she struggled to lift herself into a posture she found suitable, legs still trembling slightly in the aftermath. Mistfall watched as the medicine cat feebly attempted to shake her fur clean, but lacked the strength to get rid of the dust that clung to her bright pelt. Mistfall opened her maw to offer to help get the dust out of her fur, but then blushed in awkwardness. She wasn’t sure if she should offer that . The molly was too socially awkward anyway and quickly shut her mouth as she second-guessed herself.

The following shudder that was sent through Geckoleaf was a cold one,which Mistfall noticed. At first she was fearful that it was another attack since she was shuddering during her mental breakdown. But the warrior then noticed that it was instead due to the cold of leaf-bare rather than the breakdown. She was pleased that it did seem to have passed, but was aware of weak she was. Geckoleaf seemed to accept the help and leaned onto Mistfall once again, but the warrior noticed that she didn’t apply all her weight this time and therefore the grey molly was able to support her weight longer.

Her brows furrowed as she refused to take her pale orbs off of Geckoleaf. She hadn’t been able to look away from her friend since she had began screaming out things such as she had killed them and that she had tried to save them. Even though everything seemed to have calmed down, it was clear that the tabby was still affected by what just happened… but who wouldn’t be? Even Mistfall was still on the episode, unable to move on from what had taken place inside the medicine cat’s head as she mentally broke down on the territory. Geckoleaf stilled seemed a bit fearful but it was nothing compared to before.

She rested her white tail onto the tabby’s shoulder again, this time trying more to protect her from the leaf-bare air instead of solely trying to comfort her. Her own pelt was pretty short - though her neck was a bit fluffy, and her tail seemed out of place due to it’s own fluffiness - but her pelt was thick and did help to beat off the cold at times. She hoped that she could help Geckoleaf from being cold… even if she had short fur.

As Mistfall spoke to Geckoleaf, trying to tell the medicine cat that she was strong and to not blame herself for anything that happened, she began to wondered if the respected molly could even hear her. During the breakdown she had seemed to take in anything from reality, though had eventually been able to be pulled out. But Mistfall didn’t know if at the moment she could be heard. If she can’t hear me now, then I can just repeat it later, she thought, wanting Geckoleaf to hear these words. She wasn’t sure if they would actually help, but they were what came to mind at a time like this.

Maybe she was just useless when it came to these mental problems?

Either way, she wanted to help… if she wasn’t doing so now, then she’d want to learn how to be able to help someone if this were to happen again.

The multi-grey warrior noted that the tabby glanced away at the praise. Mistfall was glad that she could hear her. She did seemed to be getting better, she could hear and had been able to get up, she seems to just need to get some of her energy back that had been ripped away from her. But the warrior was taken aback when Geckoleaf suddenly moved forward and buried her fiery face into the grey fur on Mistfall, shutting her orbs tight and keeping her ears flattened. Mistfall’s own ears twitched as if they were going to flattened at the sudden movement towards her, but she quickly relaxed - or as much as she could relax with someone so close to her - as she realized what was happening.

Her soft orbs saddened again when Geckoleaf claimed that she was still weak, but then went on to thank her for her words. It felt like something tug at her heart when the fiery tabby went on and thanked her for not leaving her, adding that everyone else left her. “Why would they leave you? Who left you?” The question escaped before she could catch it, hoping that the question wasn’t too personal. Despite them growing close, Mistfall realized that she didn’t know that much about her own clan’s medicine cat. She didn’t know her past and she didn’t even know about her breakdowns - though she didn’t know that it wasn’t known to anyone else.

The warrior’s ears twitched once again as Geckoleaf shifted to lock her gaze with the taller molly. Mistfall wasn’t sure what to expect to come out of her mouth. Perhaps she would ask for the warrior to not talk about it? Or maybe for them to simply return to camp despite not collecting any herbs for the clans? Instead, it was a question that she was not expected. Her ears flattened in surprise, and she was temporarily lost for words. [I]She wants me to stay?[/] Since Mistfall wasn’t the outgoing type whom made friends instantly with everyone and anyone she met, she didn’t have too many friends, and therefore wasn’t use to being wanted around.

“O-of course not,” she mewed, awkwardness clear in her voice yet at the same time her gaze revealed that she really wasn’t going anywhere.

(thanks! I’ll tell tawny~ to attack Mist was Gecko is hunting for herbs :3)

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old March 11th, 2017, 03:10 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

@Zero to Hero
Cloversplash took in a deep breath, the air of the territory refreshingly cold, especially after being relegated to the rather odorous warrior's den. Though it was not an easy trek, it was much preferable to the noise and pressure of the den, despite it's warmth. As she stepped, her paws sunk deep into the snow; the top layer of ice crunched quietly beneath her weight, lean as she was. Normally a rather thick-muscled she-cat, the lack of food and use had caused them to become atrophied. Her skin seemed to sag over her skeleton, loose and sagging. Despite this, she still moved in a semblance of her former grace, her stride shaking but purposefully. She glanced to her left, green eyes tracking her patrol companion for a moment. "So, Swampstone, how are you standing up to being practically starved and forcibly imprisoned?" she asked dryly, her humor lacking and rather cryptic. The novelty of being in the territory was far outweighed by her snippy, pessimistic mood; its seemed that no matter what happened, the winter would stretch on forever. With a deep sigh, she continued forward, each step through the deep snow laborious and miserable; her toes had already begun to become numb, and her oak brown fur was offset by the snow caked on her legs and underbelly. The weak sun that managed to drip through the ever-present clouds lit up the territory in a wan light, offering little contrast. It was white-washed, and threw off her depth perception; if anyone were to trespass, she wasn't sure running through the territory would be a good idea- any tree in the way would be near invisible.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending

Last edited by Clover; March 11th, 2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old March 11th, 2017, 03:24 PM
♡♡♡

My Mood: Kingly

*EmeraldNight pads back to Camp, slipping in through the Camp Entrance of bushes and vines, appearing on the inside. She grumbles to herself as she goes towards the Warriors Den, then thinks better of going inside* I will just run into somebody... and I want to be alone *she sits a few yards from the Den, the sunlight hitting her black fur, causing it to shine. She closes her eyes and lets the sun hit her face*

♡ character page wip ♡
Old March 11th, 2017, 05:50 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
(sorry for taking so long! :'c)

The warrior’s soft orbs observed as the shaking ceased and the medicine cat rose. It was clear how exhausted she was, being drained from the episode she had just endured. Her eyes watched as she struggled to lift herself into a posture she found suitable, legs still trembling slightly in the aftermath. Mistfall watched as the medicine cat feebly attempted to shake her fur clean, but lacked the strength to get rid of the dust that clung to her bright pelt. Mistfall opened her maw to offer to help get the dust out of her fur but then blushed in awkwardness. She wasn’t sure if she should offer that. The molly was too socially awkward anyway and quickly shut her mouth as she second-guessed herself.

The following shudder that was sent through Geckoleaf was a cold one, which Mistfall noticed. At firs, she was fearful that it was another attack since she was shuddering during her mental breakdown. But the warrior then noticed that it was instead due to the cold of leaf-bare rather than the breakdown. She was pleased that it did seem to have passed but was aware of weak she was. Geckoleaf seemed to accept the help and leaned onto Mistfall once again, but the warrior noticed that she didn’t apply all her weight this time and therefore the gray molly was able to support her weight longer.

Her brows furrowed as she refused to take her pale orbs off of Geckoleaf. She hadn’t been able to look away from her friend since she had begun screaming out things such as she had killed them and that she had tried to save them. Even though everything seemed to have calmed down, it was clear that the tabby was still affected by what just happened… but who wouldn’t be? Even Mistfall was still in the episode, unable to move on from what had taken place inside the medicine cat’s head as she mentally broke down on the territory. Geckoleaf stilled seemed a bit fearful but it was nothing compared to before.

She rested her white tail onto the tabby’s shoulder again, this time trying more to protect her from the leaf-bare air instead of solely trying to comfort her. Her own pelt was pretty short - though her neck was a bit fluffy, and her tail seemed out of place due to its own fluffiness - but her pelt was thick and did help to beat off the cold at times. She hoped that she could help Geckoleaf from being cold… even if she had short fur.

As Mistfall spoke to Geckoleaf, trying to tell the medicine cat that she was strong and to not blame herself for anything that happened, she began to wonder if the respected molly could even hear her. During the breakdown, she had seemed to take in anything from reality, though had eventually been able to be pulled out. But Mistfall didn’t know if at the moment she could be heard. If she can’t hear me now, then I can just repeat it later, she thought, wanting Geckoleaf to hear these words. She wasn’t sure if they would actually help, but they were what came to mind at a time like this.

Maybe she was just useless when it came to these mental problems?

Either way, she wanted to help… if she wasn’t doing so now, then she’d want to learn how to be able to help someone if this were to happen again.

The multi-grey warrior noted that the tabby glanced away at the praise. Mistfall was glad that she could hear her. She did seem to be getting better, she could hear and had been able to get up, she seems to just need to get some of her energy back that had been ripped away from her. But the warrior was taken aback when Geckoleaf suddenly moved forward and buried her fiery face into the gray fur on Mistfall, shutting her orbs tight and keeping her ears flattened. Mist falls own ears twitched as if they were going to flattened at the sudden movement towards her, but she quickly relaxed - or as much as she could relax with someone so close to her - as she realized what was happening.

Her soft orbs saddened again when Geckoleaf claimed that she was still weak but then went on to thank her for her words. It felt something tug at her heart when the fiery tabby went on and thanked her for not leaving her, adding that everyone else left her. “Why would they leave you? Who left you?” The question escaped before she could catch it, hoping that the question wasn’t too personal. Despite them growing close, Mistfall realized that she didn’t know that much about her own clan’s medicine cat. She didn’t know her past and she didn’t even know about her breakdowns - though she didn’t know that it wasn’t known to anyone else.

The warrior’s ears twitched once again as Geckoleaf shifted to lock her gaze with the taller molly. Mistfall wasn’t sure what to expect to come out of her mouth. Perhaps she would ask for the warrior to not talk about it? Or maybe for them to simply return to camp despite not collecting any herbs for the clans? Instead, it was a question that she was not expected. Her ears flattened in surprise, and she was temporarily lost for words. [I]She wants me to stay?[/] Since Mistfall wasn’t the outgoing type who made friends instantly with everyone and anyone she met, she didn’t have too many friends and therefore wasn’t use to being wanted around.

“O-of course not,” she mewed, awkwardness clear in her voice yet at the same time her gaze revealed that she really wasn’t going anywhere.

(thanks! I’ll tell tawny~ to attack Mist was Gecko is hunting for herbs:3)
Her eyes followed Mistfall's as they shifted and moved to and from, the pale blue foggy and mysterious. The feeling of her tail resting gently on her shoulders was simply another anchor to reality, and it felt reassuring, something to keep her calm and attached. Geckoleaf's own thin, striped tail swished to the other side, signaling her slight change in emotion. The cold air it pulled along as it moved simply chilled her further, and another slight shiver trailed up her body. A tiny gasp was elicited from her; at this point, she probably should be used to the cold, but the feeling of being back, in reality, seamed oddly strange and foreign; the frozen territory was far removed from the blood red landscape that she had narrowly escaped.

Geckoleaf herself felt apprehensive about being dragged back into a vision; it had been bad, probably on of the worst she had experienced, and she didn't know if she could keep back the demons that plagued her a second time, especially in such short a gap. The barrier in her mind had been repaired by a mixture of her efforts, and Mistfall's kind words. For now, it held sound, feeling stable and sturdy- of course, that was only for the moment. What if it happens again? What would I do- what I could I do, even? she thought to herself, worry filling her; anything could set her off, potentially, and she'd have to tiptoe through conversations, to make sure nothing was mentioned of gore and death. She gulped down worry, and once more looked up at Mistfall, the silver of the tabby's face being oddly assuring.

More threads of icy breeze weaved through her short coat; it was relatively protective, but more suited to the mild weather that RiverClan usually received. Usually, she had enough time to keep it in pristine condition, something that most warriors couldn't say, and to see her disheveled and messy was rare, and even rarer during the winter months when everyone was kept indoors, and given more time to groom and attend to personal hygiene. The only other time in recent memory was when she had fallen from the ridge, and broken two legs- one of which her newfound power had healed, and the other being bound to keep her from using it. Even now, the fiery molly tottered precariously on her three good legs, despite the offered help of Mistfall. It was quite annoying to have to hobble about like she had been doing for the past several days- but, her leg was nearly healed, it being only a fracture, and soon she could take the wrappings off and do mild physical therapy to help the atrophied muscles heal.

The softly whispered question from Mistfall was a bit sudden, but she didn't react much; Geckoleaf was too emotionally drained to really feel anything particularly potent. Yet it still struck her deep, and she winced slightly but decided it best to speak; she had realized very quickly that the basis to any genuine and true relationship was clear and honest communication. She took a steadying breath and allowed herself a moment to reflect, before beginning to speak about the sensitive topic.

"It was, before anyone else, my mother. She was never really there- my sister and I was primarily raised by the other nursery queens. Blueflame was a fine warrior in her prime when she became pregnant, and I don't think she really wanted either of us. So, one day, she just up and left us. Then went our father; I think he really loved us, but it didn't matter. Blueflame controlled him, and he'd do anything for her. It wasn't like they were abusive- they just didn't care. So, I and my sister become orphans. We were cared for by the queens, as I said, but they didn't really love us- it was just our duty. When I became an apprentice, my sister left me. I loved her so, so much. I don't know about where she went- just.. just one day, she was gone. So I was alone; I had a few friends, but none terribly close- Cougarstorm has always been a close friend, but he had other duties then me. During this time, I became very, very close with Marshsnow- you remember her, but you were only a kit then. She was the closest thing to a mother, or even a parent, I've ever had. Only a few days after I received my full name, she died- and then she never even talked to me in a dream. I don't know if she's really gone, or if there's some bigger purpose. As an apprentice, I also became close with a young warrior by the name of Melodysong- she was like a sister. But she also left, for a tom. I guess I just have bad luck," she murmured, followed by a dry laugh. Her eyes sunk to the ground, and she sighed in pain and frustration.

"And, that's not accounting for any of the many patients I've lost. I don't really think I should say more about that."
She looked up at Mistfall, her eyes dull from pain and exhaustion. She offered a weak smile, but the longing for friends and family who had gone was evident on her face. Her smile quickly dissolved into a small frown, and her eyes flicked away for a sheepish moment, before looking back up at her.

"I guess... I just assumed you'd be like everyone else. Here for a moment, gone the next, like a bit of scent on the breeze. I certainly don't blame you if you do leave- I'm just the weak medicine cat, taking up food and space and not helping for patrols. To most warriors, I really am just a nobody- all I'm good for is fixing scratches, or a bit of a cough. It's fine. I chose this life, and I'll stand by it, for better or worse,"Geckoleaf mewed, a tiny bit of a sarcastic smile making the edges of her mouth quirk up. It had been a long time since any warrior had seen her as much more than the lowly healer- as anything except expendable. And the fact that Mistfall put any effort into their conversation made Geckoleaf perk up immediatly, made her feel alive and loved, something far, far too rare in her life. "I guess, what I really mean to say, is thank you."

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending