Closed Thread

Old May 19th, 2024, 09:52 AM
it's me again

Bump Policy: please don't bump ^^
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Warrior |

Heroneye nodded. “I understand.” She turned to Rainingpaw. “So, can you show me to this place?”

(i think we might need an extension, but i’ve never done a patrol before and i’m not sure how it works. do you make the request in character or out?)

( @Snowyfeathr ; @Yoshdo )
Old May 19th, 2024, 07:24 PM
#4-Icecream

Bump Policy: Allways
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye

Heroneye nodded. “I understand.” She turned to Rainingpaw. “So, can you show me to this place?”

(i think we might need an extension, but i’ve never done a patrol before and i’m not sure how it works. do you make the request in character or out?)

(I don't know I'll try to do a fast transition.)

"Ok" she mewed. She led Heroneye over to the bird's (Shrikes) hunting space. She pointed with her tail at an impaled vole. "That is how they hunt", she mewed softly. "It's a two in one thing ,and they usually hunt, for sport".
Old May 19th, 2024, 07:53 PM
it's me again

Bump Policy: please don't bump ^^
My Mood: Tired

Heroneye

The birds here hunt for sport? Since they were the size of robins, that was rather unusual. Regardless, she figured she should stay focused on trying to catch as much food as possible in a short amount of time.

Heroneye watched as a bird flitted to the ground, its back turned to the cats. She nearly went after it herself before remembering that she was meant to be teaching Rainingpaw. I really would be a horrible mentor, huh, she thought, exasperated with herself.

She wasn’t too sure how far along Rainingpaw was with her training, so she started off with a simple question. “So, do you know how to start off?”

Old May 19th, 2024, 08:26 PM
wco's local arsonist

Bump Policy: 12 - 24 hours, cus probs forgot about it
My Mood: Bored

@Yoshdo @Fits

Hollytail padded around, looking for some prey when he spotted a rabbit, a fairly large one. 'The queens and kits will enjoy this' he thought. He got into a hunting crouch and slowly creeped forwards, when he was close enough, he sprang forwards and pelted after the rabbit. He eventually caught up to the rabbit and tackled it, giving it a quick bite to the neck. He was satisfied with his kill and he padded back to the place where they had split up. He sat down waiting for the rest of his patrol to arrive back.

Duststar is the current leader of DesertClan! She has a semi-open den policy!

Rose stopped by to brush away all the dustbunnies!

"Yeet or get yeeted. -Sun Tzu probably
Old May 19th, 2024, 08:34 PM
#4-Icecream

Bump Policy: Allways
My Mood: Inspired

"Ok" Rainingpaw mewed eagerly.
@Fits

Last edited by Yoshdo; May 19th, 2024 at 08:34 PM. Reason: mention(s)
Old May 19th, 2024, 09:54 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Redmire didn't care about the legends surrounding this place. Who gave a crap about some old ghost wandering the woods at night? It was his fault he was dead, not anyone else's problem.

"I want to get some things stocked up before we're forced out." She turned to glance at Jayfrost. "It won't do anyone any good to be struggling for food. We should try for a bunch of small stuff, maybe. Easier to carry."

[ @alec ]

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old May 19th, 2024, 10:08 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: once a week/every 7 days
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Redmire didn't care about the legends surrounding this place. Who gave a crap about some old ghost wandering the woods at night? It was his fault he was dead, not anyone else's problem.

"I want to get some things stocked up before we're forced out." She turned to glance at Jayfrost. "It won't do anyone any good to be struggling for food. We should try for a bunch of small stuff, maybe. Easier to carry."

[ @alec ]

jayfrost never bothered with the legends surrounding sleepy thicket, it was just dead cats at the end of the day, and if they didnt bother him, he wouldnt bother thinking about them either. besides, he was still very suspicious of starclan and their actions anyway, so they better keep away.

jayfrost gave redmire a nod, she was right in wanting to stock up and focussing on smaller prey sounded like both a good idea for carrying and less work to catch. "sounds like a plan" without much more than a flick of his ears he turned to track down something amongst the fog and undergrowth.

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; May 19th, 2024 at 10:08 PM.
Old May 19th, 2024, 11:45 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post

jayfrost never bothered with the legends surrounding sleepy thicket, it was just dead cats at the end of the day, and if they didnt bother him, he wouldnt bother thinking about them either. besides, he was still very suspicious of starclan and their actions anyway, so they better keep away.

jayfrost gave redmire a nod, she was right in wanting to stock up and focussing on smaller prey sounded like both a good idea for carrying and less work to catch. "sounds like a plan" without much more than a flick of his ears he turned to track down something amongst the fog and undergrowth.
Good, he was cooperating! That was all Redmire could really ask for at this point. Now, to figure out how to hunt ground prey... she was good with the crabs at Lionsbeach, but this might be a bit more difficult.

Thankfully, with night nearing, more of the rodents that frequented the thicket would be out and about, making the whole ground hunting thing easier. She split off in the opposite direction, low to the ground as she sought out a target.

The first wasn't too hard to come by - a small mouse sitting near a tangle of tree roots. Redmire lunged forward to snatch it up, killing it quickly with a bite to the back of the neck, as a second shot out from behind a taller patch of grass with a squeak. She whirled and made for that one, too, teeth nipping at the fatal spot before she lifted it into the air. Good start!

[ +2 mice ]

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old May 20th, 2024, 12:15 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
First stop early this morning? The thicket. Call it paranoia, or the severe anger she had felt at Floppy Fish for his piss-poor handling of the dog situation, but Dusklion didn't want their gravesite to go unchecked for too long. Her face trot slowed as she scented the air - thankfully, there were no hints that any dogs were back. Even if there was she knew her and her brother would handle it a hundred times better than the last leader, so she had no worries.

Ducking her head to offer a moment of silence for all the fallen warriors, Dusklion let her gaze flicker over each of them. All noble warriors, all fallen in service for their Clan. Her heart ached at the thought of how she could've been one of them after her risky murder of Fallownose. Suddenly, the deputy realized how... thankful she was that she wasn't. Something to keep in mind, she knew...

Casting one last glance at the thicket, the dark tabby turned and headed away. Her pace resumed its fast trot, tail swishing behind her.

[ preferred to not be open ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old May 20th, 2024, 01:50 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: once a week/every 7 days
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Good, he was cooperating! That was all Redmire could really ask for at this point. Now, to figure out how to hunt ground prey... she was good with the crabs at Lionsbeach, but this might be a bit more difficult.

Thankfully, with night nearing, more of the rodents that frequented the thicket would be out and about, making the whole ground hunting thing easier. She split off in the opposite direction, low to the ground as she sought out a target.

The first wasn't too hard to come by - a small mouse sitting near a tangle of tree roots. Redmire lunged forward to snatch it up, killing it quickly with a bite to the back of the neck, as a second shot out from behind a taller patch of grass with a squeak. She whirled and made for that one, too, teeth nipping at the fatal spot before she lifted it into the air. Good start!

[ +2 mice ]
redmires sound of careful movement slowly fading into the background noise of crickets chirping and leaves rusting he focussed forward, grey paws moving across the fresh grass and dirt quietly. after just a few steps jayfrost stilled, the quiet rustling of plants nearby had alerted the warrior. he didnt entirely trust his leg to not randomly give away when he had to be quiet and lightfooted so he chose to wait. for now. the rustling moved, from his left to more or less directly in front of him, the light that fell through the trees lining the clearing illuminated the patch of grass and leaves, exposing the mouse and giving jayfrost the opportunity to pounce. the leg felt a bit off, but he had three other ones that still work fine so it was hardly any different than before the raid, a quick knock to the head, accompanied by the cracking on tiny bones and the mouse was out. mouse number one in jaw he took a few steps before changing directions and instead approaching a more or less hollow tree stump. the plants growing around gave away easily and almost as soon as his side made contact he heard the expected movement, tiny lets trying to make distance only for the mouse to be hit off course and quickly killed.
two mice now, it was a bit harder to carry them, especially because one of them felt unusually heavy.

[ +2 mice ]

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; May 20th, 2024 at 01:51 AM.
Closed Thread