Today 02:15 AM
One Word Stories!
by Myling
Last post by ellie
Today 02:05 AM
Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2024, 01:05 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 19 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

It has been a different kind of world turning for the lionheart recently, though it wasn't too dislike to losing Cloverpaw in some ways, the smaller ways. Like everything feel like its being torn away, like there was no future for him. But he kept pushing through, he had experience with it now and perhaps that's way he hasn't completely reverted back to barely even getting himself to eat and to sleep and to not let himself die. Though as the threat of being chased out by Windclan lingers, Seabreeze has come to a different realization, he wouldn't be able to see Cloverpaw in awhile. And also, that he hasn't visited in awhile anyways. Which lead him to leave the camp, even though Dusklion's warning to not be alone whispered in his mind, he didn't want anyone to be with him on this trip. It was too personal and he couldn't really name anyone who he felt was close enough, well none that would care to come or weren't too busy, though who wasn't busy right now. Or at least, everyone should be busy getting ready for a fight with Windclan but who knows how many don't care about the whole thing.

The tom sighed and continued his slow trek through the familiar terrain and towards the thicket where his sister was. As he came into the area that one would define as Sleepy Thicket, Seabreeze came across someone who he didn't really expect. Fadingsun... The lionheart hasn't really spoken to him very much, well, he did when you counted business talk but Seabreeze really didn't;t in this sense. They haven't had many just being two cats chats. Though since when did Fadingsun be graced with the time to do something like that, but wasn't that sad. Seabreeze never really knew Fadingsun that well from before but even he could see the way he's changed recently. But stress does that to a cat, didn't it? His blue eyes blinked against the world, and the blur of colors snapped into place as he really placed himself in his own paws again.

"Fadingsun?"
[ @occultation - Fadingsun ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old May 27th, 2024, 10:39 AM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

`~Owltalon
She, Her\Lionheart\42 moons\Riverclan
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty ACTIVE!

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·
(I couldn't find the original post so I decided I'd just @ you here lol)

Owltalon padded in with her apprentice on her tail. This was what she wanted to see next, right? Alrighty then, it honestly made no difference to her. In truth, it had been moons since she stepped paw in this place, it almost looked nostalgic somehow despite the fact that she couldn't really remember any fond memories in here. The Lionheart settled beneath a large tree, the branches blanketing her away from the eyes of the sun.

"This 'er is Sleepy Thicket. Quite shady, ain't it? I'm pretty sure there's a ghost story of some sort that surrounds this place," Owltalon chewed on her own words. What had the story been? It seemed to slip her mind just as quickly as she got an idea of the legend. "Probably just has something to do with creepy lookin' cats. But aye, I've certainly seen worse." Owltalon beamed with a light chuckle.

She then turned to look at Cormorantpaw. "Where to next, kid? That is, unless you wish to explore?" It was almost impossible to see Cormorantpaw in this lightning, especially since she was half blind. It's like their dark pelt completely blended into the shadows that yawned under the trees. The only thing that made Owltalon positive that Cormorantpaw was even here was the yellow gaze of eyes.

Tags:
@iliri // Cormorantpaw

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old May 27th, 2024, 12:58 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: once a week/every 7 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Wrenpaw
~<>~
78/100
10 moons || she/her || RiverClan Apprentice || Silver Tongue
medium furred silver smoke she-cat; blue eyes

"Sure," Wrenpaw agrees with a yawn as Jayfrost approaches with the idea of a hunting patrol. She's always itching for something to do, might as well jump on an opportunity when one presented itself, right? "River or land?" She asks as she stands and waits to follow the warrior into the territory.

[ jayfrost - @/alec ]
->> jayfrost <<-
[ he/him | riverclan | 27moons | burn baby burn ]
a tall, silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes
unenthusiastic acceptance, better than nothing, he wouldnt have tried to convince anycat today either way, so it was probably better for the both of them. he gave wrenpaw and sharp nod accompanied by a grunt, before turning to lead the apprentice out of camp. "land, we're heading to the sleepy thicket" too cold for fishing anyway. and what a pain it would be to dry down, even if his fur was short. that thought made him pause, not actually, just a halt to his train of thought, it reminded him of a time long forgotten, buried carefully beneath memories and the heavy blanket of ignorance.
tabbied grey tail flicking in displeasure with his own internal monologue he lead the apprentice towards the patch of trees that marked the sleepy thicket. it might be a bit insensitive to hunt around the graves of cats long dead, but it was a part of the territory after all, and they needed the prey.
"dont wander off too far" he mumbled before parting from the apprentice to focus on the scents around them. he had a low baseline of trust for any cat, but wrenpaw was old enough he could almost trust them to no get lost.

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
Old May 27th, 2024, 01:32 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post

->> jayfrost <<-
a tall, silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes
unenthusiastic acceptance, better than nothing, he wouldnt have tried to convince anycat today either way, so it was probably better for the both of them. he gave wrenpaw and sharp nod accompanied by a grunt, before turning to lead the apprentice out of camp. "land, we're heading to the sleepy thicket" too cold for fishing anyway. and what a pain it would be to dry down, even if his fur was short. that thought made him pause, not actually, just a halt to his train of thought, it reminded him of a time long forgotten, buried carefully beneath memories and the heavy blanket of ignorance.
tabbied grey tail flicking in displeasure with his own internal monologue he lead the apprentice towards the patch of trees that marked the sleepy thicket. it might be a bit insensitive to hunt around the graves of cats long dead, but it was a part of the territory after all, and they needed the prey.
"dont wander off too far" he mumbled before parting from the apprentice to focus on the scents around them. he had a low baseline of trust for any cat, but wrenpaw was old enough he could almost trust them to no get lost.

Wrenpaw
~<>~
79/100

[ dc: 10 ]

Land hunting then. Alright. Nothing too terribly hard assuming the prey was running fine. If not then that might pose some issues.

"Lead the way," She says, with a slow blink, and follows Jayfrost out to Sleepy Thicket. They walk in relative silence, and Wrenpaw doesn't do much to change that. She isn't one for small talk. Reaching their burial grounds, Wrenpaw sniffs the air... she doesn't smell anything immediately nearby. At Jayfrost's insistence for her not to go for, Wren snorts a little. "I won't," she answers with a slight roll of her eyes.

[roll to scent: 14 - success ]
Nose to the ground, Wren finds scent of a mouse nearby and begins tracking it. There's some tall marsh grass nearby, edging onto some trees and the soft, mossy ground. In the brush, a mouse hole opens to tunnel beneath the roots of a tree and, not far away, she spots the mouse.

[roll to catch: 12 - success ]
Pausing for one second and then two, Wren bunches her feet beneath her and gets ready to spring, and then she pounces! Momentum carrying her forward, Wren feels her claws connect with the soft flesh of the rodent and kills it with a swift bite to the neck, burying it by a tree to collect later when it's time to leave.

[ jay - @/alec ]
Old May 27th, 2024, 02:45 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Fadingsun spun around as someone spoke his name behind him. Of all the cats who could've been there, Seabreeze was one of the few that relieved him. The Lionheart hadn't caused him any problems, nor were they on strained terms... as far as he knew.

It had been some time since the two of them had last spoken. Briefly, he wondered why the cat was out here; was he patrolling the area, as Fadingsun was?

It then occurred to him that it was probably to visit a lost loved one or friend- that was usually why cats came out here alone, wasn't it? Briefly, he felt a flash of guilt; was it wrong of him to be here on a solo patrol? Should he have left this area for a proper patrol, or for someone coming to grieve, to check out?

Nonsense. If there's a threat here, it's better for you to find it than someone trying to grieve.

Realizing that he'd been standing in silence, staring at Seabreeze, for a couple of moments now, the leader found his tongue. "Seabreeze. Feel free to ignore me; I'm only here to check the area out for any threats. Of course, if you're here to do the same, you're welcome to join." He didn't want to make any assumptions; he didn't want to upset Seabreeze by making the wrong guess, and stars knew he didn't need any more cats upset with him.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old June 1st, 2024, 03:09 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: once a week/every 7 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Wrenpaw
~<>~
79/100

[ dc: 10 ]

Land hunting then. Alright. Nothing too terribly hard assuming the prey was running fine. If not then that might pose some issues.

"Lead the way," She says, with a slow blink, and follows Jayfrost out to Sleepy Thicket. They walk in relative silence, and Wrenpaw doesn't do much to change that. She isn't one for small talk. Reaching their burial grounds, Wrenpaw sniffs the air... she doesn't smell anything immediately nearby. At Jayfrost's insistence for her not to go for, Wren snorts a little. "I won't," she answers with a slight roll of her eyes.

[roll to scent: 14 - success ]
Nose to the ground, Wren finds scent of a mouse nearby and begins tracking it. There's some tall marsh grass nearby, edging onto some trees and the soft, mossy ground. In the brush, a mouse hole opens to tunnel beneath the roots of a tree and, not far away, she spots the mouse.

[roll to catch: 12 - success ]
Pausing for one second and then two, Wren bunches her feet beneath her and gets ready to spring, and then she pounces! Momentum carrying her forward, Wren feels her claws connect with the soft flesh of the rodent and kills it with a swift bite to the neck, burying it by a tree to collect later when it's time to leave.

[ jay - @/alec ]

->> jayfrost <<-
with a last glance to wrenpaw jayfrost pushed through some taller grass, shortly after falling into a crouch and stilling to listen for movement. his leg still felt a bit odd when crouching for longer periods of time, especially if he was sneaking up on something. he probably wouldnt admit it out loud but bumblestar had done quite a number on him, the leg was doing alright by now but the tear wound on his shoulder he had carried away from the fight was still causing issues. mostly sensory wise and feeling queasy from the look of it but either way. a visit to mistypaw ought to be on his schedule soon hhmm. but whatever, he was supposed to be hunting. and just as he focussed his attention back forwards he spotted a pretty decent sized mouse not too far off.

[ jayfrost rolled: 13,17,1,17,20 ]

careful as to not spook it, he crept closer, it was in the open so he didnt have to immediately worry about it disappearing to quickly but if he were to spook it now there would be barely a chance to catch it before it disappeared into a hole in the ground. mice werent hard to catch so he didnt bother much with silence as soon as he was close enough to potentially reach it.

jayfrost lifts his head, letting the breeze carry the scents of the forest to him, before shrugging the tension from his shoulders and shifting his focus to the small bird barely out of reach. he usually didnt enjoy hunting birds, too much work for not enough reward, and the feathers were annoying as well, but as the opportunity had presented itself so wonderfully he took it, leaping at the bird before there could be any sounds to spook it.

he had picked a tree to stash his two kills, the mouse and the bird, before wandering around aimlessly for a bit. the brief fight with the bird shouldnt have spooked much but it seemed oddly silent for a while. something he might as well dislike even more was hunting squirrels, but oh see what had made its way onto the ground, innocently picking at the grass and whatever else was strewn there.
a poor attempt, he was truly too annoyed already to properly try and a grey paw found its way onto a particularly crunchy leaf, making the squirrel turn its head in his direction and quickly safe itself onto a tree.

he took a break to briefly shake his head in disappointment, in himself or the squirrel? he didnt know and didnt bother to think about much more. the rushing of the river was quiet from here and he briefly regretted taking wrenpaw out for landhunting, but starclan mustve meant it good with him because the next to mice were easy catches.

he returned to the tree to pick up the other mouse and bird, before waiting for wrenpaw in order to take her back to camp.

[ jayfrost has 3 mice, 1 bird ]

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
Old June 1st, 2024, 03:47 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Wrenpaw
~<>~
89/100

[dc: 10]

[roll: 19]
Unsatisfied with her single mouse, Wren creeps forward some more, eager to catch a slightly more impressive haul today even if with one warrior and one near-warrior, they'd likely still end up with a good deal of prey if she gave up now. But she won't, because if Wren is anything she is a try hard, so she's catching more prey if she needs to or not.

The wind carries with it a scent that has her mouth watering - chipmunk. Stomach flat to the ground, Wren tracks where the smell is coming from, the nutty and grassy undertones that come along with the heavy rodent musk carry her to a tree and, a quarter of the way up it, perched in a hole, the fuzzy tail of the delicacy sways and twitches ever so slightly.

Wren has two options here: one, she can wait it out for the chipmunk to come down the tree, or two, she can make the short jump to the hole in the tree. She's honestly more inclined to go with the latter option, especially considering that the thing's home isn't even very far up the tree. With her size, Wren could easily make that jump. So that's the option she goes with.

Ensuring the grass beneath her doesn't make noise or rustle as the large silver feline approaches, she keeps crystal eyes trained on the rodent until she has what she thinks is a good angle on it, and without deliberating further, Wren springs up and manages to make it to the hollow, startling the chipmunk, but pinning it by its tail anyway. No further preamble, Wren puts her mouth around its neck and simply kills it before dropping off the tree once more. She collects her mouse after that and goes to find Jayfrost who is waiting for her.

[ +1 chipmunk, +1 mouse ]
[ @alec - jay ]
Old June 4th, 2024, 08:49 AM
Moony!!

Bump Policy: On an indefinite break ; do not bump

DEWPAW

Purrks ; Well insulated

Dewpaw excitedly scouted out the area. The sun wasn't too high in the sky at the moment. She had her same grin she had earlier. A happy, sweet grin. She glanced over to Caveclaw and mewed, "Are we hunting in the water or on the land? I don't know if I can swim soooo...."

@IDIOTICBEAN101
Old June 4th, 2024, 09:35 AM

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Caveclaw-She/They

----------------

"Land hunting for now." Caveclaw answered "We'll work on swimming next time."
Caveclaw was one of the few RiverClan cats who didn't really enjoy swimming.
The water was too cold on the parts of her that didn't have fur.
But Caveclaw was well aware that they would have to teach their apprentice soon.

@CollapsingStars

Witheredstar is the current leader of SunClan, she has an open den policy!
Join SunClan!
ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan)
Silver Tongue-Oleanderkit(ThunderClan)
Old June 4th, 2024, 09:45 AM
Moony!!

Bump Policy: On an indefinite break ; do not bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIOTICBEAN101 View Post

Caveclaw-She/They

----------------

"Land hunting for now." Caveclaw answered "We'll work on swimming next time."
Caveclaw was one of the few RiverClan cats who didn't really enjoy swimming.
The water was too cold on the parts of her that didn't have fur.
But Caveclaw was well aware that they would have to teach their apprentice soon.

@CollapsingStars

DEWPAW

Purrks ; Well insulated

Dewpaw's tail swished back and forth in the air, she stayed close to her mentor. "Alright! Works for me." She trotted forward, eyeing the area. She.. didn't see anything. But her poor sight attributed to that. "So.. What does prey smell like?" She asked. She should've asked that before, but she didn't.