Closed Thread

Old July 3rd, 2023, 09:47 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Dapplewing
Riverclan
He/him

Dapplewing opened his mouth to add something on, saying that while Firelight could teach water hunting, he could help her with hunting on land, but... The apprentice just sort of.. Disappeared when he hadn't been looking at her. Confused and unsure, he glanced towards Firelight awkwardly.

"...Maybe we'll find her while we're hunting. If not, let's take our prey back to camp once we're done and tell Gingerfrost that Falconpaw ran off somewhere."

With a flick of his tail, eager to go search for the apprentice and to hunt at the same time, he turned away from his patrol-partner and headed down the opposite end of a nearby river.

[ @Beamheart Chrysanthemun left wco recently so I suppose we'll just have to say that Falconpaw ran off. ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old July 5th, 2023, 05:03 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Okay. Day one. Taking Snowpaw out to see the territory. He'd shown this place to young apprentices too often now, it certainly was not his favourite thing to do. Well, it never was, despite its rather calm introduction into training and the possibility of getting to know his new apprentice more; well, the long walk simply wasn't his favourite. Maybe he ought to think about starting to do these in groups rather than always one-on-one, that would make everything a lot quicker. That being said, Snowpaw seemed calm. And as such he wasn't in too much of a grumpy mood today. Instead, he felt far more neutral. No specific expectations for what might happen, just... Being alive. A simple day-to-day. So he had gone to fetch his newest apprentice and here they were now, him idly padding across the land, every (and rather often) looking over his shoulder to check that the youngling was indeed still there. As always, he'd hate to loose an apprentice.
"This is the territory. Right now we're heading for Smallpines, do you know which border that is?"
He decided to ask a few questions, see what Snowpaw might already know or not. He recalled having taken her and her siblings to swim at Cattail Pond, so the initial threading into these open grounds shouldn't be too unfamiliar... Perhaps. He didn't really know how a young cat's mind worked, but it seemed like the area might appear familiar nonetheless. At least until they broke off onto the path for Smallpines.

[ @lio ]

Last edited by Estelle; July 5th, 2023 at 05:04 PM.
Old July 5th, 2023, 11:52 PM

Bump Policy: 1 week / 3 days (time-sensitive)
My Mood: Angelic

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧ ̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙Firelight*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧ ̍̊

Falconpaw disappeared? The apprentice probably caught the scent of prey and left without telling the patrol. “Okay,” Firelight responded to Dapplewing. “I’ll follow Falconpaw’s scent trail just in case.” Maybe the apprentice would lose the scent trails of the patrol after dealing with whichever prey animal she found. Firelight should make sure the apprentice didn’t get lost.

She quietly followed the apprentice’s trail, paying attention to signs of prey at the same time. Falconpaw’s scent ended at a particularly wet patch of ground. Firelight circled the area, hoping to pick it up again, but she never did. She found no sign of struggle that suggested a large bird took Falconpaw or something of the sort. That was…odd.

At least Firelight came across a mouse during her search. It was getting late, and Firelight needed to go back. Likely that she just missed where Falconpaw’s scent picked up again, and the apprentice would turn up later. Still a bit worried, Firelight went back to meet Dapplewing. Firelight hadn’t caught as much prey as she would have if the apprentice hadn’t wandered off, but at least she wasn’t empty-pawed, and Gingerfrost couldn’t complain about her looking for a lost apprentice, right?

@Omari
Old July 6th, 2023, 03:09 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Dapplewing
Riverclan
He/Him

Dapplewing nodded to the molly, watching as she headed off. The disappearance of the apprentice was definitely concerning, and he dearly hoped that they would be able to find her before they returned to camp. If not, they would report what happened and hopefully, they would be able to find her eventually.

With a sigh, the splotched tom trudged along the river's edge, pausing to crouch down, brown eyes staring down into the water below. He stayed like that for a little while before he saw the blurry outline of a fish drift into his vision, and with one swift movement, he swiped the fish out of the water and onto the shore with him. The tom was quick to dig his teeth into the scaled creature’s body, giving it a little shake just to make sure that it was, in fact, no longer living and capable of flopping it’s way back into the water. A good catch, he thought to himself. With a flick of his tail, he stood, returning to meed with Firelight. “I’m back–nice catch, by the way. I’m.. Assuming you didn’t find Falconpaw? We can tell Gingerfrost what happened when we get back–and we should probably head back now.”

[ @Beamheart Additionally, lol, i got us an extension until the 9th. Not sure if I already told you or not but, just thought I’d let you know ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old July 8th, 2023, 05:53 PM

Bump Policy: 1 week / 3 days (time-sensitive)
My Mood: Angelic

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧ ̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙Firelight*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧ ̍̊

Firelight’s heart dropped a little when she saw Dapplewing and no Falconpaw. That was concerning. What if something happened to Falconpaw on Firelight’s watch? What would the Clan think?

Firelight shook her head when Dapplewing asked if she had found Falconpaw. It was a simple answer—no, the apprentice wasn’t here, Firelight had no idea where she would be—and she didn’t want to put down her mouse to say it. She flicked her tail for Dapplewing to follow and headed back to camp.

@Omari
Old July 9th, 2023, 09:43 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Ah, so it could be that it simply wasn’t necessary. That was something he’d have to ask the young medicine cat about, then. He hoped it was simply the case of it not being necessary. That would be ideal in every way, considering it meant the clan at least bothered to complete their herb patrols and Stonepaw was doing what he had to do accordingly. Hearing Wormbite would rather not be a part of the conversation, Gingerfrost nodded in understanding. He wasn’t good with wording either, nor was he good with the youngsters of the clan but this wasn’t something he could push off on another’s shoulders either. And admittedly, he would rather approach the cat without Beansprout, especially after what happened.
“I’ll approach him myself, then.”

Then came the topic of Beansprout. Wormbite was second to Mumblepaw in approaching him about the leader, mentioning how few were fond of the leader and cove battle. A crease formed above the tabby’s brow at the mention. He wasn’t blind to the issue with taking the cove, after all he hadn’t been in support of it himself, nor was he blind to the issues felines found in Beansprout. But it was concerning. He’d hoped he made a good decision choosing Beansprout as RiverClan’s leader, was this something he had to question now? How unfortunate. It sounded like Wormbite found the leader to be somewhere in the in-between; it was better than being entirely passive, yes. But not as good as it should be. Not to mention that Gingerfrost recognised there ought to be better communication between himself and Beansprout, though that was on himself too.
“..What did you have in mind?”
The tabby found himself still asking at the vague statement, ten shook his head lightly in response to the following questions.

“I don’t know why he hasn’t gone to the Starcave yet. He hasn’t said anything about it, and it… I don’t know. He should have had them by now. As for the cove, I did approach him about that. He wanted to prove that we are strong and capable – his words. Apparently, he smelled ThuderClan in our territory not long before, and was worried they were getting bold and reckless with unstable leadership… Although I doubt it’s as unstable as Beansprout thought. He doesn’t want RiverClan to be seen as lazy and soft any more, and I get it. But taking the cove..”
He shook his head. The mention of the kittens and Lionstar made him pause for a moment, before continuing.
“I'm not sure. I understand their worries, what I don’t understand is that Lionstar never had any pushback to it and Beansprout does… I suppose the mentality must've changed, or maybe Lionstar didn’t apprentice kits under a certain age. Though I know Berryscroch had only been three moons as well when she was apprenticed. I don’t think it’s necessarily just because they dislike Beansprout, I think they’re genuinely concerned. But it may have influenced it all the same.”

[ @x ghostie ]

Old July 9th, 2023, 06:23 PM
Dabi Obsessed

Bump Policy: "Burn Like Kindle For My Flames" - Dabi
My Mood: Lonely

@~WallyDarling~

Cobwebpaw just shrugged "i'd seen a bit of the territory when i was talking to Beanstar about joining, but other then that no, not quite"

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn
Old July 15th, 2023, 09:10 PM

Bump Policy: 3 days

There had been no answer from either apprentice, and finally Snowbeak had decided to cut his losses and trek out into the territory alone. His tail dragged in the dirt behind him and his ears were folded down against his head now that he was alone with no other eyes upon him. He hated the deflated feeling in his chest, but didn't want that to stop him from providing for his Clan. In addition, he really just didn't want any of his Clanmates to see his disappointment.

Stalking through the marshland had him coming up on a water vole that seemed invested in a patch of grass. With it distracted, Snowbeak was able to sneak up on it and pounce from behind to kill it quickly. White paws worked to bury it so that he could retrieve it later before moving on. The scents around him alerted the tomcat to a nearby crow that was pecking at the ground, hoping for a meal itself. He knew he had to be more careful about this one, and made his paws extra quiet as he slunk around to the back of the large bird. Now positioned downwind, waiting until the crow stuck its beak to the ground, Snowbeak leapt from his hiding spot. In a flurry of claws and feathers the tom managed to bring the winged creature down with a swift bite to the neck.

It wasn't much, but two pieces of prey were better than nothing - and it made him perk up a little to have provided for the Clan. He unburied the water vole and collected that as well before making his way back to camp.
Old July 18th, 2023, 07:59 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

After staying out that night to scour the territory and outskirts for her missing father, Birdpaw dragged herself back into the center the territory, collapsing with a sob, slowly curling into a ball, blue eyes red and smarting. "Dad, please come back." You promised.you promised to be here, Dad. Her whole family was gone. Her mother had abandoned her. Her former adoptive father was gone. Her adoptive siblings were all dead and missing. Her beloved father was gone. Muffled heart broken cries emitted from the small ragdoll, and she could bring herself to move back to camp, so she just stayed, curled into a fetal position and sobbing into her blue and white fur.

// open

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old July 18th, 2023, 11:36 PM

Bump Policy: 3 days

@jupiter

More and more Snowbeak was finding that he enjoyed being outside of camp. It was in the way the breeze lifted the foliage and how it whispered through the reeds. Birds sang above as they wove through the air in their aerial dances and puffy clouds dotted the blue sky. As much as he enjoyed the day time though, and the peace it provided, it paled in comparison to the night sky. More stars than he could count glittered above, each one representative of a cat that resided in StarClan, one that had once been a living, breathing member of a Clan just like he was now. It was breathtaking, and the pale gray tom smiled softly to himself as he sat guard just outside of the camp's entrance.

There hadn't been much to the night, which was good. But when a quiet cry had his ears perking, Snowbeak was on his paws in an instant. Nose twitching and eyes scanning the dark abyss before him, he knew it was rather far away. Faint and could likely be mistaken for simply a creature in the night - but something about it tugged at his heart. The tom hesitated briefly before leaving his post as the night's guard, paws hurrying towards the sound. Crossing over some paths and leaping over a shallow stream that cut through his path, eventually the tom pulled himself underneath a thick bush to rest his sight upon...

He made quiet little stamps in the ground to alert the young she-cat before him of his presence. Birdpaw, he recalled her name, an apprentice of RiverClan. Immediately he hurried over and sank low so that his belly brushed the forest floor and his face was level on the ground with where she was curled. Gingerly, and softly, the pale gray tom reached forward with a soft paw to tap her lightly - not to spook her, simply to let her know someone had found her. He had checked for any signs of blood or injuries before, and there were none he could see - but he was no medicine cat. As such, concern unfolded in his chest and radiated in his eyes as he watched her.
Closed Thread