Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by silver.
Today 08:30 PM
WCO Inktober!
by Aolani
Last post by Concorde
Today 08:28 PM
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by ChromeSilver_Hwaa
Today 08:27 PM
Dawning Woods
by Rose
Last post by Mica
Today 08:24 PM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by silver.
Today 08:15 PM

Old April 14th, 2020, 02:26 PM
here

Bump Policy: every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: RiverClan Training Island

Sootflare

The tom calmly stepped to the side, avoiding the apprentice's unbalanced pounce. He didn't make any attempt to strike back, only turned to face her once more. Perhaps he would let her next blow land - maybe she would even catch him by surprise. These younger felines had tricks tucked away sometimes. In time they would graduate to proper sparring but for now, he wanted to see what he was working from.

"Your stance is shaky. You need to use your back legs and tail to balance yourself and aim before you jump. Try something else."

Last edited by duckie; May 10th, 2020 at 03:24 PM.
Old April 14th, 2020, 02:31 PM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Foxpaw quickly pelted forward to land a swipe to Sootflares legs. If I can unbalance him, maybe I could get a swipe at his belly as well. she thought as she executed her move as best she could. She remembered to use her tail to keep balance so she wouldn't fall over.
@shortstack

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.

Last edited by Exis; April 14th, 2020 at 02:40 PM.
Old April 14th, 2020, 03:20 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

@Bluepetal

Eagleflower nodded, grinning. He liked the apprentice's enthusiasm. He remembered when he used to be like that...
"Yeah, I did! Well, this move may be a bit complicated, but it will help you with any other moves that you want to try out." He mewed, returning to the tree that he had been selectively gazing at. Bunching up the muscles in his hind legs, he scaled his way up the trunk. He hopped into a nearby branch, covered by leaves, so that neither Honeypaw or the leaf that he had previously attacked, could see him.
"So, you need be be a bit careful on this part." He mewed. He jumped back into the tunk, then began to climb down headfirst quietly, until he was about halfway down. Then he sprang off the tree, hissing in fury at the leaf. He landed on it, then retreated tail first back up the tree.
Jumping down, he nodded to Honeypaw.
"Why don't you try? You can attack me. I'll give you tips as you climb."

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old April 14th, 2020, 03:28 PM
♥~Baby Aspa~♥

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Lily View Post

@Bluepetal

Eagleflower nodded, grinning. He liked the apprentice's enthusiasm. He remembered when he used to be like that...
"Yeah, I did! Well, this move may be a bit complicated, but it will help you with any other moves that you want to try out." He mewed, returning to the tree that he had been selectively gazing at. Bunching up the muscles in his hind legs, he scaled his way up the trunk. He hopped into a nearby branch, covered by leaves, so that neither Honeypaw or the leaf that he had previously attacked, could see him.
"So, you need be be a bit careful on this part." He mewed. He jumped back into the tunk, then began to climb down headfirst quietly, until he was about halfway down. Then he sprang off the tree, hissing in fury at the leaf. He landed on it, then retreated tail first back up the tree.
Jumping down, he nodded to Honeypaw.
"Why don't you try? You can attack me. I'll give you tips as you climb."
Honeypaw nodded, trying to stifle a laugh. They looked at the tree, figuring out how they was going to climb it. The jumped up the tree, clumsily climbing. Then Honeypaw slipped.
Old April 14th, 2020, 03:34 PM
here

Sootflare

The speed at which she approached took Sootflare off guard. He managed to pull his paws away to avoid getting hit but stumbled in his attempt to regain his balance. His shoulder hit the sand hard. That was going to hurt in the morning. He began to push himself back to his paws slowly, leaving room for another attack and waiting to see what Foxpaw would do. The realization that he hadn't reminded her to keep her claws sheathed popped up in the back of his head but hopefully, she would have the common sense not to use her claws.

Last edited by duckie; May 10th, 2020 at 03:25 PM.
Old April 14th, 2020, 04:18 PM
sadly, I exist

Foxpaw quickly doubled back and jumped on top of the warrior before he could get back up. She batted his shoulders and stomach with sheathed claws before jumping off of him and waiting for the next move.
@shortstack

Old April 14th, 2020, 05:07 PM
here

Sootflare

The apprentice's paws pounded the air out of his body and the deputy had to take a moment to regain his breath. There were still things to be improved on, however. He strikes were rough and unorganized without a true purpose or intent aside from trying to cause damage.

"Well," He pushed himself up with a grunt, "That was certainly something."

"Right. You're small now - you may not always be but for now, you can use that. If I was actually trying to fight you I could have easily grabbed you by the scruff and thrown you off - you need to be aware of that. Any opponents you come up against will have the weight advantage but you will have speed."

"Another thing - your strikes are unfocused. You can pummel me all you want and sure the force will do some damage but overall you're wasting your energy. Aim for the head to disorient your opponent, the chest to knock the wind out of them. You must have a purpose when you fight, Foxpaw."

The deputy regained a respectable position on all four paws and faced the apprentice again, "We'll start with a simple blow for now. Bring your paw down on your opponent's head - if it doesn't knock them out it will certainly give you a moment to breathe while they regain their senses. I want you to hit me - don't worry about force, for now, just form. You'll probably have to jump to be able to reach my head."

Old April 14th, 2020, 05:15 PM
sadly, I exist

Foxpaw dipped her head and took some time to breathe for a moment before getting into a battle crouch. She focused on what she was doing and visualized it happening before she sprung into action. She ran forward and sprang into the air and tried to land a struck to Sootflare's head.
@shortstack

Old April 14th, 2020, 05:59 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

@Bluepetal

Eagleflower yelped in surprise, running towards the tree. He positioned himself carefully, ready to catch the small tom if anything went wrong. He didn't want an injured apprentice during their first training session! He squinted through the leaves, trying to make out Honeypaw.
"Hey, are you okay? Do you need me to help you at all?" He yowled, front claws scratching at the bark. Little bits of it fluttered off, and he gazed up nervously at the spot he supposed the apprentice would be.

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old April 14th, 2020, 06:33 PM
here

Sootflare

He allowed the blow to land, not making any attempt to jump out of the way or evade the attack. She wouldn't be hitting hard enough to do any serious damage, hopefully. Shaking off the hit, he meowed, "You're getting better with your leaps. Keep in mind you won't have all the time in the world to adjust your shot - more than likely your opponent will be on the move."

Lowering into a more defensive position, he continued, "Again." It wouldn't be so easy this time.