Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Borders

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Rp finder
by Red'fur
Last post by Red'fur
Today 04:56 AM
Dawning Woods
by Rose
Last post by Honey_Dreamz
Today 04:48 AM
" Love hurts, little one ....
by MrWolfu
Last post by Levanya
Today 04:37 AM
Jagged little teeth...
by gs29513
Last post by burntToast
Today 04:34 AM
❆ he was just a kit -...
Last post by Honey_Dreamz
Today 04:17 AM

Old April 29th, 2020, 04:39 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Whispering Wetlands

The reaction was expected. The she cat flying into a fit of anger and intimidation. Wouldbound merely plopped down into the soft moss and watched as she got her tail in a twist. She was a beautiful cat.. alittle feisty but wolf was never one to enjoy tame anyways. Ears pinning to the sides of her head in amusement she ran her tongue delicately along the fur of her paw before tracing it over her muzzle. “I won’t move a muscle.” the she cat sneered gently before once again resuming her upright seated positon.

She could admit she was about to antagonize the poor she cat to her wits end. It had been a while since she’d had the chance to get into a good spat.

“If I know what’s good for me? Dear I think it’s you who needs to drop the act.” her voice was smooth- alittle less raspy than it normally would’ve sounded. “I’m not trespassing nowhere.. and if doubt you would wanna pick any sort of fight tonight. Wouldn’t wanna have to crawl back over the marsh to get back home” she teased gently before she gently laid herself down on her side. Grimacing when she felt the moisture soak into her fur. Gross. Though she refused to lose her composure.

@S-oft

M

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old April 30th, 2020, 06:51 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

Breezefeather raised his eyes and let out a small smile, "I wouldn't mind getting treated by you, Little Love." It was a slight laugh, he didn't want her to use the herbs that was obviously for Shadowclan for him. "But the herbs are for your own clanmates little love." But her mention of her struggling with eating herself he tipped his head before looking deep into her green eyes, "Please... please tell me you're still eating properly. Daisy's staying with you? Hopefully she'll make sure you're taking care of yourself and making sure that you're taking enough breaks. Don't want you making it here and being dead exhausted on your paws." But then a shadow, a memory fell over him and he rested his head on Irisflame's. These memories where shadows... Shadows he so very wished would go away and stop bothering him. This time around memories he did not want to remember.. But they were there anyway as he stood there with his little love in embrace... Remembering a similar day where everything had gone wrong, as he held another daughter in his embrace. He did not want to ruin this moment but he had to say something regarding it... "You know... My first daughter. Bunnypaw... I held her as she died in my paws..." He pulled Irisflame even closer, not sure much space was left between the two. His green eyes were now completely dark, the past taking over as he relieved... one of the worst moments, if not the worst moment in his life... "We were out hunting together... it was her final assessment before becoming a warrior and she'd spotted a hare. Hares are a risk to go after even for an experienced warrior, their kick can easily knock you unconscious, maim or kill you." He blinked... Just talking about this took an effort he wasn't aware of. Nuzzling Irisflame's fur he breathed out, and in.. Just trying to calm himself so that the tears would not come forth. "She got close.. nearly got it. But didn't kill it fast enough... It kicked her in the throat... and killed her. I was there..." the tears slipped out of his eyes, he could not help them and the sobbing began, "I...I held her in my paws, as... she breathed her last... She looked up... at the stars.. and.." he couldn't finish it succumbing to the sobbing over his mistakes. "If... only... I.. had..been..closer.. I.. I... I could've saved her!" And there it was, the truth the burdens he carried with him, the root of the guilt that the Void had settled in... The issues that he was facing was because HE had been the reason for Bunnypaw's death. If he had been there faster, if.. if..if. He hated that damned word. IF... Shaking his head he further buried his head into Irisflame's fur... He wasn't sure if it was right to burden his Little Love with all these issues but she'd offered to help him.. He just wished he could help her with something... But for now it was coming to terms with his own flaws with his own horrible guilt. He was a terrible father... If he had just been faster... Bunnypaw would be here with him now! not up in the stars out of his reach... The sobbing from the thin silver tom continued as the past played a game with his mind and he once again saw Bunnypaw in Irisflame's stead.. Sobbing was the way to get his emotions out... and Irisflame, his dearest Little Love, he was blessed enough to have her remain with him throughout it all.

Irisflame could feel her indigo gaze soften as he spoke, his voice lulling her closer. She felt a serious gaze meet her eyes, raising her brow.
"I'd do it if it'd help you, pops. I can bring you the poppy seeds. I can help you. I really would." She mewed, her voice close to desperation. She didn't mean to grovel, but she wanted the poor tom to be happy. Especially because of this feeling he gave her. When she looked at him, she felt that everything would be alright. He wanted him to feel the same. She hoped he did. At his worried mew, she butted him with her head lightly, eyes reassuring.
"I promise it's all okay. I've still been eating, drinking, all of that. Besides, I don't want to put all this onto Daisy! She's been through enough these past few moons." She insisted, mew strong as she spoke. As much as She wanted to please him, she couldn't drag Daisy into her issues. If she did, things could happen. And besides, it's not like she'd told anyone about them before. Not how she hadn't eaten anything for the first few days after the raid. How she'd only had that mouse the warrior was kind enough to bring in. She felt guilt in her eyes, but blinked it away. Just because she bottles up her feelings like this, didn't mean...It didn't mean she needed help. She was fine. Positively fine. As he moved forward to rest his maw stop hers, she let him, leaning closer into the embrace. It reminded her of their first meeting, how broken they were. The memory brought fresh, hot sadness to her features, remembering her despair the moment she'd met him here. As he began to speak in low, soft tones, she listened, happy to have the silence broken. The silence was too lonely. Too quiet. She pulled him closer as he spoke, hearing how hard the words were for him to choke out. As he began to spiral, her eyes grew wide, and she drew her muzzle close to his ear.
"Don't you dare say that. Even if you weren't there, she would have died. It was inevitable. Pops, you're torturing yourself for no reason." She mewed, voice protesting against the darkness that seemed to fill his eyes. She paused. "When I was born, my mother died. My birthing was too much. My disgusting birth-father never let me forget it. He and some others called me a 'queenkiller', and no one bothered to talk to me." She mewed, remembering the pain that had tortured her day and night, "I blamed myself for her death. If I hadn't had been born, then she wouldn't have died. But no. She was always going to be expecting, always going to be too weak for kitbirth." She mewed, mew choked by sudden tears. Sniffling, she paused longer than needed. Feeling the steady of breath from Breezefeather beside her, she smiled. The steady pattern have her hope.
"You need to let go. It's not your fault." She mewed, nudging him further. He may have been nervous, scared to death, even. But letting go and admitting that it wasn't his fault was the only thing that could make him feel better. She clung to him, wet tears cascading down her cheeks with his. As they fell, she gave a sad chuckle. Shaking her head, she hummed steadily. The rhythm of 'you are my sunshine' played steady in her head. She'd heard it multiple times in the nursery.

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old April 30th, 2020, 09:14 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Lily View Post

Irisflame could feel her indigo gaze soften as he spoke, his voice lulling her closer. She felt a serious gaze meet her eyes, raising her brow.
"I'd do it if it'd help you, pops. I can bring you the poppy seeds. I can help you. I really would." She mewed, her voice close to desperation. She didn't mean to grovel, but she wanted the poor tom to be happy. Especially because of this feeling he gave her. When she looked at him, she felt that everything would be alright. He wanted him to feel the same. She hoped he did. At his worried mew, she butted him with her head lightly, eyes reassuring.
"I promise it's all okay. I've still been eating, drinking, all of that. Besides, I don't want to put all this onto Daisy! She's been through enough these past few moons." She insisted, mew strong as she spoke. As much as She wanted to please him, she couldn't drag Daisy into her issues. If she did, things could happen. And besides, it's not like she'd told anyone about them before. Not how she hadn't eaten anything for the first few days after the raid. How she'd only had that mouse the warrior was kind enough to bring in. She felt guilt in her eyes, but blinked it away. Just because she bottles up her feelings like this, didn't mean...It didn't mean she needed help. She was fine. Positively fine. As he moved forward to rest his maw stop hers, she let him, leaning closer into the embrace. It reminded her of their first meeting, how broken they were. The memory brought fresh, hot sadness to her features, remembering her despair the moment she'd met him here. As he began to speak in low, soft tones, she listened, happy to have the silence broken. The silence was too lonely. Too quiet. She pulled him closer as he spoke, hearing how hard the words were for him to choke out. As he began to spiral, her eyes grew wide, and she drew her muzzle close to his ear.
"Don't you dare say that. Even if you weren't there, she would have died. It was inevitable. Pops, you're torturing yourself for no reason." She mewed, voice protesting against the darkness that seemed to fill his eyes. She paused. "When I was born, my mother died. My birthing was too much. My disgusting birth-father never let me forget it. He and some others called me a 'queenkiller', and no one bothered to talk to me." She mewed, remembering the pain that had tortured her day and night, "I blamed myself for her death. If I hadn't had been born, then she wouldn't have died. But no. She was always going to be expecting, always going to be too weak for kitbirth." She mewed, mew choked by sudden tears. Sniffling, she paused longer than needed. Feeling the steady of breath from Breezefeather beside her, she smiled. The steady pattern have her hope.
"You need to let go. It's not your fault." She mewed, nudging him further. He may have been nervous, scared to death, even. But letting go and admitting that it wasn't his fault was the only thing that could make him feel better. She clung to him, wet tears cascading down her cheeks with his. As they fell, she gave a sad chuckle. Shaking her head, she hummed steadily. The rhythm of 'you are my sunshine' played steady in her head. She'd heard it multiple times in the nursery.

They stood there, embracing each other, sharing stories that had no relevance but their own guilt, their own hate the feeling of despair they both shared, but which one of them had overcome and the other was still struggling with. Breezefeather stood there, his adoptive daughter in his embrace as their tears slid down their cheeks. It was a sad time, reflecting on their past mistakes, on their own faults and issues. He didn't know what to do... He felt like if he let her go, let the guilt of Bunnypaw go... he would be able to forget her. And he didn't want to forget. her. He didn't want to forget his family, not all those left in Starclan and he feared. He feared if he let her go, she would be gone forever... His tears did not stop as he shoved his face into her soft fur... It only stemmed the pain, the emotional suffering from taking over. "I cannot..," a pause, "let her go... I fear... I will forget her." His tail was now wrapping around them both, the black tip quivering from his sobs. "She... she... she is all I have left... I can't... I can't give her up." He was a sobbing mess and that was finally when his legs gave out and he sank to the ground, his head touching it as he continued his sobbing. "I... I...just...want to... apologise to her. For... for not being there for her... when she needed me." With that he looked up into Irisflame's eyes and then slowly started gathering himself together, sitting up once again and drawing her into his cold and bony embrace. "I am... so sorry for what you had to go through... little love." But they had to move on, walloping in the misery was beneficial to none of them despite his wish to keep on talking about his deceased daughter. Slowly lifting himself from his seated position he nudged Irisflame up as well. She was heavier than him... just more showing to him that he was no were healthy enough. But he had to move forward, had to concentrate not on the past but what laid in front of him. The future that was there, the opportunities that although hurt was there for him. His dearest Daisy, and now his little love Iris... He had to become strong, stronger for them. It was all he could do for the future that he had opened up ports for. "Let's try... to walk... the border, Little Love." He slowly took a step, and then one more. Slowly he was walking again, his legs still shaking from the emotions that rushed through them, but he had to keep his head up, keep it above the waters that threatened to swallow him. He had to. "Little love, tell me about Shadowclan... Hows it? And... I know I asked you already... But how's Daisy doing?"

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old May 1st, 2020, 01:34 AM
lurking

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

[ @vermin @BILL. ]

Hogpaw hobbled through the land, weakly moving toward WindClan territory. He knew he was across the border having entered the Clans again through ShadowClan territory. Hopefully, he wouldn't get caught by a ShadowClan warrior. Hogpaw was excited to see Foxpudge and Cowpaw again-- he had been gone from WindClan for so long, he hoped they missed him!
His legs were cut up, his ears scabbed from being torn. One eye was missing, blood matting the fur on his face. Each step was painful as he limped through the trees, coming closer to WindClan territory. Hogpaw's front left paw was twisted completely, leaving him unable to walk on it. He kept going, however. Maybe Mistyfern or Coyotesnarl could heal him! The vision in his good eye was growing blurry, however, leaving the tom unable to see where he was going. He was getting pretty dizzy... hopefully he would make it!
As he came across the WindClan border, Hogpaw found it more difficult to stand. He began to stumble from side to side, moving closer and closer to the border before he simply... collapsed. Breathing began to get harder. His heart beat faster, then slower, then faster, then slower. Soon, Hogpaw's body began to violently shake, limbs jerking at random, uncontrollable. It went on for multiple moments before it just... stopped. Hogpaw gasped for breath, it gradually getting nore difficult to do so. He then fell limp, his heart coming to a final beat before it stopped as well. Finally, he breathed his last breath.
He was dead.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old May 1st, 2020, 02:48 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

Flintfreckle nodded curtly at the apprentice's words. He wasn't mad at him; no, he had no further reason to be, he was just thinking about the best way to show him around. Well, He thought with an inward sigh. He said borders, so here goes nothing. Flintfreckle beckoned his apprentice to follow. "We can gather your prey on the way back." He commented, eyes determined, before softening in agreement. "And I don't blame you. Snakes are dangerous, especially when you're not prepared for them." He knew he made it sound simple, but it was anything but. Snakes struck when and where you were least expecting, and their poison was dangerous. As he walked, he soon breathed in WindClan's heathery scent. He flicked his tail to the border as he began to remark, just in case. "What do you smell." He asked once more, focusing on the border as he began to mark it. He stopped and motioned for Frostpaw to do it. "You should mark the border here." He mewed with a friendly smile.

( @bmkmb ; Flintfreckle's emotions are all over the place lol )

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old May 1st, 2020, 04:20 PM
darkness begets light.

Frostpaw nodded slightly at his mentor's words about the prey, then followed the speckled cat as they started walking again. The white apprentice's first encounter with a snake had been when his first mentor had tracked one down and commanded for Frostpaw to "hunt it." Seeing that the tom didn't know the first things about snakes, the encounter had obviously ended badly and no matter what his mentor said, it was not Frostpaw's fault that the snake got away. The apprentice had been too busy dealing with his bitten leg to chase after the scaled, slithering reptile.

He scented the air as they approached the next border. He'd never been to this one before, but it smelled... wet. Well, they were probably at the Whispering Wetlands, then. "I smell WindClan, so we must be at the Whispering Wetlands. They smell of dry grass, dirt, and wind. There is also the scent of water, so I think we're close to the river." Frostpaw watched as Flintfreckle proceeded to mark the border, then copied the speckled cat when he was asked to. It was the first time he'd ever marked a ShadowClan border, so if he was being asked to, he must've smelled shadowy enough to do it.

@Ombre Party
Have a wonderful day!
Old May 2nd, 2020, 11:34 AM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

Flintfreckle turned to look at Frostpaw with a nod as they finished up. “Very good.” Flintfreckle blinked warmly at him. He breathed in the scent with a dip of his head. “Yes, we are in the Whispering Wetlands.” He mewed with a nod. The speckled tom flicked his tail-tip. Maybe this would be a good place to try his hunting skills again. It wasn’t as marshy over here and more moorland, so maybe he thought Frostpaw would excel at hunting on drier ground. He turned to the apprentice. “Want to try hunting again here?” Though there was no immediate prey smell, he guessed if they moved around a little farther from the border they would be able to find some. Flintfreckle’s gaze roved over the forest before turning to glance back at Frostpaw. “If not we can go to another border, if you’d like.” He mewed.

( @bmkmb )

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old May 2nd, 2020, 01:38 PM
darkness begets light.

"I would like to try hunting again," Frostpaw told his mentor. The wetlands were drier than he'd expected. He assumed that the earth would continue to get damper if they passed the border, if the murky scent off into the distance was anything to go by. The white apprentice couldn't smell any prey except for the lingering scents of various creatures, but they were a bit stale, possibly a couple hours old.

Without signaling to his mentor, as Frostpaw assumed that the speckled cat would be following him anyway, the apprentice padded off, heading in the direction of the freshest prey-scent. The moorland felt moist beneath his paws. This was Frostpaw's first encounter with any sort of marsh, so he mentally noted how it looked, smelled, and felt. Since it was a border, this probably wouldn't be the last time he'd come here. Last time the white apprentice checked, there were border patrols every day: one at dawn and one at dusk.

A soft swoosh came from above and Frostpaw blinked upon seeing a tawny brown bird. It landed a few fox-lengths ahead of him and he frowned slightly. The white apprentice wasn't the best at hunting birds, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Frostpaw dropped into a crouch and stalked forwards, the tall moorland grasses rubbing against his white fur. He found it a bit unnerving that the bird was staring right at him, but didn't even try to take off. It was almost as tall as him, taller now that he wasn't facing it at full height. There was some sort of feeling as if this was a horrible idea, which doubled under the harrier's intense and when Frostpaw caught sight of its talons. He wasn't stalking a songbird, was he. That's why it wasn't flying away. It wasn't scared of him. Well... at least it wasn't a hawk.

Pushing forcefully with his back legs, Frostpaw launched himself at the harrier. Claws met feathers as the bird finally attempted its escape. The apprentice couldn't see anything other than the blurring of wings, flashing of claws and ouch, the bird had sharp talons. He really didn't want a reminder of the Hawk Incident. Something feathery smacked into his side - a wing? - and Frostpaw shut his eyes and pushed forwards, closing his maw around soft plumage and biting down until the metallic taste of blood flowed onto his tongue. When the apprentice reopened his eyes, he found himself with his forepaws on top on the harrier's right wing. His teeth were clamped awkwardly around the front of its throat and a drop of blood dribbled down between Frostpaw's eyes. That bird sure knew how to peck. His neck felt a bit sore, too, and Frostpaw remembered being lashed at with that talon. It was only a slight cut, though, nothing dangerous.

With a sigh, Frostpaw dropped the bird and sat down, not even bothering to bury it. That had possibly been one of his worst kills. At least the harrier wasn't squashed, though. The tawny bird was still intact and edible, even with the bones sticking out of its wings. It still looked plump, too. Frostpaw sat beside his kill, slightly tired yet relieved as he waited for the adrenaline to wear off and for his mentor to show up.

(@Ombre Party; in which Frostpaw picks a fight with a hen harrier and almost fails)
Have a wonderful day!
Old May 5th, 2020, 04:43 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

They stood there, embracing each other, sharing stories that had no relevance but their own guilt, their own hate the feeling of despair they both shared, but which one of them had overcome and the other was still struggling with. Breezefeather stood there, his adoptive daughter in his embrace as their tears slid down their cheeks. It was a sad time, reflecting on their past mistakes, on their own faults and issues. He didn't know what to do... He felt like if he let her go, let the guilt of Bunnypaw go... he would be able to forget her. And he didn't want to forget. her. He didn't want to forget his family, not all those left in Starclan and he feared. He feared if he let her go, she would be gone forever... His tears did not stop as he shoved his face into her soft fur... It only stemmed the pain, the emotional suffering from taking over. "I cannot..," a pause, "let her go... I fear... I will forget her." His tail was now wrapping around them both, the black tip quivering from his sobs. "She... she... she is all I have left... I can't... I can't give her up." He was a sobbing mess and that was finally when his legs gave out and he sank to the ground, his head touching it as he continued his sobbing. "I... I...just...want to... apologise to her. For... for not being there for her... when she needed me." With that he looked up into Irisflame's eyes and then slowly started gathering himself together, sitting up once again and drawing her into his cold and bony embrace. "I am... so sorry for what you had to go through... little love." But they had to move on, walloping in the misery was beneficial to none of them despite his wish to keep on talking about his deceased daughter. Slowly lifting himself from his seated position he nudged Irisflame up as well. She was heavier than him... just more showing to him that he was no were healthy enough. But he had to move forward, had to concentrate not on the past but what laid in front of him. The future that was there, the opportunities that although hurt was there for him. His dearest Daisy, and now his little love Iris... He had to become strong, stronger for them. It was all he could do for the future that he had opened up ports for. "Let's try... to walk... the border, Little Love." He slowly took a step, and then one more. Slowly he was walking again, his legs still shaking from the emotions that rushed through them, but he had to keep his head up, keep it above the waters that threatened to swallow him. He had to. "Little love, tell me about Shadowclan... Hows it? And... I know I asked you already... But how's Daisy doing?"

Irisflame could feel herself choking on sobs, the direction this conversation was headed. Her throat was too tight, too sore to swallow any of the feelings lodged in her maw. They stood there, waiting to be spoken. But they never would. They brought her too much sadness. Too much loss along with all of the songs of different types that she'd heard sung. Everycat had a story, and every cat had been a victim of loss. It was a cold and merciless creature that very few lived never to meet. And even then, your kin would suffer with your passing. It was a never ending cycle. She could feel the salty tears on her tongue, burning into it as if they were fire. Little sparks, the sadness of a flame. In an effort to remain presentable, she began to lap up the ones of her cheeks that had fallen far enough down, but stopped. To heck with being presentable. She pulled him closer, the warmth his thin pelt held bringing her comfort.
"You will never forget her. You may let go, but your memory will hold her fighter than any iron grip could." She murmured into his ear, voice low. She didn't want to force him into any decisions, especially ones this major. "Pops, there is so much more left. And the magical thing about memories is that it can make your future as good as it was. Has a that magic, and the things you have here, with you, to kindle new life." PAUSE. That was much too deep, even for her. And it came out of her mouth. She held still for a moment, eyes wide. As he sobbed, she stood there as a support for him. She could tell he needed it. They were fragile leaves, being pushed around by a heavy gale that kept persisting. If they weren't there for each other... One of them could fall. She wouldn't let that happen to either of them. She moved to lap at his head, helping him as he took a shaky step forwards. A walk, he'd said. So a walk they'd take. She could see a rekindling deep in his eyes, or, at least, the attempt of one. It was more of a desperate grasp for flame, whacking a stick and expecting it too bloom with the hot flowers. She passed alongside him, her pawsteps tentative.
"Almost there." She reassured him, a tense smile upon her features, "Daisy? Well, she's holding strong. She's got a bit going on at the moment, and she's a bit stressed, as far as I can see, but she's alright. Her injuries healed quickly, and well. Is there anything else you want me to tell you?"

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old May 6th, 2020, 03:30 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Lily View Post

Irisflame could feel herself choking on sobs, the direction this conversation was headed. Her throat was too tight, too sore to swallow any of the feelings lodged in her maw. They stood there, waiting to be spoken. But they never would. They brought her too much sadness. Too much loss along with all of the songs of different types that she'd heard sung. Everycat had a story, and every cat had been a victim of loss. It was a cold and merciless creature that very few lived never to meet. And even then, your kin would suffer with your passing. It was a never ending cycle. She could feel the salty tears on her tongue, burning into it as if they were fire. Little sparks, the sadness of a flame. In an effort to remain presentable, she began to lap up the ones of her cheeks that had fallen far enough down, but stopped. To heck with being presentable. She pulled him closer, the warmth his thin pelt held bringing her comfort.
"You will never forget her. You may let go, but your memory will hold her fighter than any iron grip could." She murmured into his ear, voice low. She didn't want to force him into any decisions, especially ones this major. "Pops, there is so much more left. And the magical thing about memories is that it can make your future as good as it was. Has a that magic, and the things you have here, with you, to kindle new life." PAUSE. That was much too deep, even for her. And it came out of her mouth. She held still for a moment, eyes wide. As he sobbed, she stood there as a support for him. She could tell he needed it. They were fragile leaves, being pushed around by a heavy gale that kept persisting. If they weren't there for each other... One of them could fall. She wouldn't let that happen to either of them. She moved to lap at his head, helping him as he took a shaky step forwards. A walk, he'd said. So a walk they'd take. She could see a rekindling deep in his eyes, or, at least, the attempt of one. It was more of a desperate grasp for flame, whacking a stick and expecting it too bloom with the hot flowers. She passed alongside him, her pawsteps tentative.
"Almost there." She reassured him, a tense smile upon her features, "Daisy? Well, she's holding strong. She's got a bit going on at the moment, and she's a bit stressed, as far as I can see, but she's alright. Her injuries healed quickly, and well. Is there anything else you want me to tell you?"

Walking along with his little daughter, his little love... It made the pain slightly easier for Breezefeather to carry, to have someone who he helped but who also aided him...The feeling of emptiness was slowly, ever so slowly, being replaced with a small bit of hope, of a fire that was slowly starting to warm up, to kindle the dormant embers that laid there in his chest. Every step they look, it was a step in the right direction, it was a step towards where the light of tunnel was shining. It didn't matter much how long the path was to the light, what mattered was the simple fact that they were on their way and making progress. A little step to many might not seem significant but when you've been down in the dark it was....And this step with Iris... it was just the steps he needed in order to finally start the road of full recovery. To learn how to be able to work around the issues in his head, with his body with everything. Leaning against Iris provided stability, provided him with the feeling of support that someone was there was he to fall apart... His beloved foster daughter who'd done so much for him. He had to repay her somewhat...But that would not be now... Every step along the border created a relief for the silver tom. He may have gained strength back and begun the road to recovery with Cornkit back in Windclan, but here....here they'd torn out the infection, and now all there was left was healing the open wound, it was healing and closing it making sure not a part of the rot remained... and that would take the longest. But with the help from Iris and his beloved Daisy and the ridiculous but lovable Cornkit... He would be able to make it, he would find the way back and that set up a determined look in his green eyes. Listening to Iris speak he calmed down, hearing Daisy was alright that she was recovering and an unknown weight was lifted off his shoulders. It helped... It was so good to hear that she was alright. But also Iris... She'd said some quite emotional things and maybe... maybe he could help her with that? Still continuing his slow walk he opened his mouth and then slowly began to ask, "Are you doing well though, Little Love. I assume not everyone is fan of the medicine cat and that with all these injuries and injured... it'll be hard to get any good rest and privacy. Just know... that you're helping me, but I can help you too... if you ever need it."

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee