Last post by Wingnettle
Today 06:12 PM

Old April 4th, 2017, 11:11 AM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Illusion View Post
Ratpaw smiled, he was so glad that Tawnypaw was so excited. "Alright, the first thing I was taught was to just smell the air and take in the scents around you. See if you can pick out certain scents, like the smell of Shadowclan or the scent of mice." He said. This is the first thing his mentor told him to do, even though it was a bit harsher.
Tawnypaw gave a dip of her head, her tail tip twitching happily. She nodded, wondering if hunting would be as easy as some of the warriors made it seem, or harder than they made it look. “Okay.” she said, her voice taking on a slightly prickly tone. She wasn't trying to sound rude, but she wasn't one to be told what to do. Even though she didn't mind him helping her at all, her voice just automatically said otherwise. She smiled a bit to show that she very much appreciated his help and closed her eyes, opening her mouth and taking in the scents of her surroundings.
Old April 4th, 2017, 02:26 PM
In ConstantState of Tired

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness View Post

Tawnypaw gave a dip of her head, her tail tip twitching happily. She nodded, wondering if hunting would be as easy as some of the warriors made it seem, or harder than they made it look. “Okay.” she said, her voice taking on a slightly prickly tone. She wasn't trying to sound rude, but she wasn't one to be told what to do. Even though she didn't mind him helping her at all, her voice just automatically said otherwise. She smiled a bit to show that she very much appreciated his help and closed her eyes, opening her mouth and taking in the scents of her surroundings.
Ratpaw smiled a bit, he was glad he could help his new-found friend. He lifted his muzzle into the air and opened his mouth slightly. He took the scents around him as well and took note of all the scents. He looked back at Tawnypaw and waited to hear her answers. Picking out Shadowclans scent would most likely be the easiest and if she could remember the scents of the mice and other prey from the fresh kill pile, it wouldn't be that difficult to pin point the scents of them out in the open.

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!

Old April 4th, 2017, 07:16 PM
questionmark

Quote:
Ratpaw smiled a bit, he was glad he could help his new-found friend. He lifted his muzzle into the air and opened his mouth slightly. He took the scents around him as well and took note of all the scents. He looked back at Tawnypaw and waited to hear her answers. Picking out Shadowclans scent would most likely be the easiest and if she could remember the scents of the mice and other prey from the fresh kill pile, it wouldn't be that difficult to pin point the scents of them out in the open.
Tawnypaw raised her head, looking like a kit again, but before SkyClan's interference. Sure, they called it "liberation" but she thought of it as interfering and business that was not their own, and she called it "downfall". But that was only the truth. It was a terrible thing, but the past couldn't be changed. She had to look towards the future, even though her pasts was hard to ignore and impossible to forget. She mostly smelled ShadowClans' scent, but faintly she could pick out the smell of prey, mainly rats and mice, more nocturnal creatures. But one thing she couldn't do was tell how fresh it was and where it was coming from. “I smell rodents.” she replied, careful to avoid using the word "rats" in case Ratpaw found the statement offensive.
Old April 4th, 2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:

Tawnypaw raised her head, looking like a kit again, but before SkyClan's interference. Sure, they called it "liberation" but she thought of it as interfering and business that was not their own, and she called it "downfall". But that was only the truth. It was a terrible thing, but the past couldn't be changed. She had to look towards the future, even though her pasts was hard to ignore and impossible to forget. She mostly smelled ShadowClans' scent, but faintly she could pick out the smell of prey, mainly rats and mice, more nocturnal creatures. But one thing she couldn't do was tell how fresh it was and where it was coming from. “I smell rodents.” she replied, careful to avoid using the word "rats" in case Ratpaw found the statement offensive.
Ratpaw nodded, "Good, scents that are old are very faint and stale. Fresher ones will go your nose instantly." He said. "Do you think you can pick out a fresh scent?" He asked

Old April 4th, 2017, 08:08 PM
questionmark

Quote:
Ratpaw nodded, "Good, scents that are old are very faint and stale. Fresher ones will go your nose instantly." He said. "Do you think you can pick out a fresh scent?" He asked
Tawnypaw nodded, finding that that made sense, seeing how faint the scents were. She allowed herself a small smile, tasting the air then padding off a few tail lengths into the half-light, realizing that sunrise would be soon, and she'd been out here all night with Ratpaw, although it didn't matter. It wasn't like anyone would notice or anything anyways. She could smell a fresher scent and pinpointed a hole that it seemed strongest at. She recognized the scent as that of a vole, a small dark gray to black creature a bit like a mouse but with smaller ears and a shorter tail.
Old April 4th, 2017, 09:58 PM

Blackfeather sat on an old rotten log, cleansing her thick fur with a few rough swipes with her tongue along her tail. A soft purr rumbled in her large chest. The marshes seemed peaceful, and nothing but the soft croaking of frogs and bugs could possibly disturb her soothing time alone.
[I]Finally...[I] The smokey black she-cat thought as she rolled over onto her back, scratching it against it's soft, damp surface,
Some time alone. No whining kits, pestering apprentices, and boastful warriors.
Old April 5th, 2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:

Tawnypaw nodded, finding that that made sense, seeing how faint the scents were. She allowed herself a small smile, tasting the air then padding off a few tail lengths into the half-light, realizing that sunrise would be soon, and she'd been out here all night with Ratpaw, although it didn't matter. It wasn't like anyone would notice or anything anyways. She could smell a fresher scent and pinpointed a hole that it seemed strongest at. She recognized the scent as that of a vole, a small dark gray to black creature a bit like a mouse but with smaller ears and a shorter tail.
Ratpaw looked at the sky carefully and shrugged. His mother and mentor would come looking for him when he didn't show up for morning training. He had a new friend so he didn't care. "Now there are different ways to catch creatures, to catch mice or voles you drop into a crouch and take all your weight into your haunches so that your paws have no impact on the forest floor. Pounce and when you are close enough kill it with one swift bite to the neck." He said. "I can show you or you can try it out yourself."

Old April 5th, 2017, 05:49 PM
questionmark

Quote:
Ratpaw looked at the sky carefully and shrugged. His mother and mentor would come looking for him when he didn't show up for morning training. He had a new friend so he didn't care. "Now there are different ways to catch creatures, to catch mice or voles you drop into a crouch and take all your weight into your haunches so that your paws have no impact on the forest floor. Pounce and when you are close enough kill it with one swift bite to the neck." He said. "I can show you or you can try it out yourself."
Tawnypaw paused, swinging her head around to watch Ratpaw. She figured that they should be getting back to camp soon, but she was in too good a mood to do that. She knew that as soon as she stepped into camp, she would be put in a bad mood. Flicking her ears in acknowledgment, she didas he instructed, wanting to do it herself without him having to show her. Doing as he'd told her, hoping she was doing it right. “Okay, and I can do it.” she said, sounding more confident than she felt, which somehow made her feel better about it. Spreading her weight, she stalked forwards, her head low and tail still. She could see a few line needles moving like there was a creature hidden under them, and she hoped that that was her vole.
Old April 5th, 2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:

Tawnypaw paused, swinging her head around to watch Ratpaw. She figured that they should be getting back to camp soon, but she was in too good a mood to do that. She knew that as soon as she stepped into camp, she would be put in a bad mood. Flicking her ears in acknowledgment, she didas he instructed, wanting to do it herself without him having to show her. Doing as he'd told her, hoping she was doing it right. “Okay, and I can do it.” she said, sounding more confident than she felt, which somehow made her feel better about it. Spreading her weight, she stalked forwards, her head low and tail still. She could see a few line needles moving like there was a creature hidden under them, and she hoped that that was her vole.
Ratpaw stayed downwind of the brown creature, he sat on top of a rock as he observed Tawnypaw. He was happiest in this moment and he was determined to make it last. He took in the scents around him, the smell of prey and pine hit his nose. He figured Shadowclan would send out morning patrol once every cat woke up. He knew his mother and mentor were already awake and would realize soon he was missing. He closed his eyes and sighed to himself, he opened his amber hues slowly and continued to watch his friend.

Old April 5th, 2017, 07:21 PM
The Mouseless Warrior

My Mood: Stressed

(ooh, she's impressive now?)
Featherdust waited outside the entrance for @coldheart .