Closed Thread

Old February 10th, 2024, 10:46 PM

Bump Policy: please don't bump ^^
My Mood: Distracted
Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Warrior |
| A brown, mottled she-cat with blue eyes |

Bitter rivalry? Heroneye furrowed a brow, unsure if Owltalon was being serious or not. Did I say something wrong already..?

She was then reminded that birdsong had, indeed, been increasing. This did put her at ease; the quiet of Leaf-bare always felt so ominous, as though the whole world was holding its breath. But perhaps the cold season’s grip on the world really was loosening at last.

Heroneye’s gaze softened as she turned back to Owltalon. “I’ve missed it too,” she said with a bit of a sigh. “But I suppose it’s only natural. Our namesakes are both that of birds, after all.” This was probably Heroneye’s attempt at humor, but her delivery was too dry to tell for sure.

@Marigoldwhisper

Last edited by Fits; February 10th, 2024 at 10:46 PM.
Old February 11th, 2024, 02:02 AM
Warrior

Bump Policy: 2 Days~
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesun0112 View Post
@RoboPrism

Minnowsplash emerged from the water, nose flaring as they tried to not lose hold of the one fish already between their jaws. The fish was limp, and it was clear from Minnowsplash’s eyes that they felt the same way. What an embarrassing sight, they raged. I’m such a fish-brained cat. Even though the cold air bit through their shorter fur, their pelt burned with shame. I hope I didn’t get Duststorm wet they thought. Out of the corner of their vision, they could see Duststorm watching closely, concern in her gaze, although they were too guilt-ridden to meet her eyes. “Well…” they mewed, impatient to leave this moment behind. “What next?”
"Are you cold?" She mrrowed, rising to her feet. "We can huddle for a bit just in case. I wouldn't want you to have to go see the medicine-cat. Oh," she purred at the sight of the fish. "Good catch!"
Duststorm rubbed against Minnowsplash's side as the drenched cat crawled farther onto land.
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," William Shakespeare
"Maybe it needs one of these doo-hickeys?" Arcee - Transformers PRIME
Old February 11th, 2024, 06:35 AM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye

Bitter rivalry? Heroneye furrowed a brow, unsure if Owltalon was being serious or not. Did I say something wrong already..?

She was then reminded that birdsong had, indeed, been increasing. This did put her at ease; the quiet of Leaf-bare always felt so ominous, as though the whole world was holding its breath. But perhaps the cold season’s grip on the world really was loosening at last.

Heroneye’s gaze softened as she turned back to Owltalon. “I’ve missed it too,” she said with a bit of a sigh. “But I suppose it’s only natural. Our namesakes are both that of birds, after all.” This was probably Heroneye’s attempt at humor, but her delivery was too dry to tell for sure.

@Marigoldwhisper

`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

She hummed softly in reply, breathing in the comforting scents of the forest.

As she made an in vain attempt to actually groom herself, she began to speak in-between licks. "I've never thought of it like that. Guess I have an excuse now!" She smiled toothily.

Ah, how she loved New-Leaf it was filled with such possibility that it made her heart swell.

The weather was just perfect then. Now that the snow was slowly ebbing away and leaving room for green streaks of grass beneath, her sinuses should be clearing up as well.

"Soon enough," Owltalon meowed. "I'll be able to hunt for the clan like I want to. These warriors don't deserve stringy carps for meals!" She twisted her snout at the remark, her lip curling. "Let me tell you, it does not taste good."

Sure, Owltalon was a bit of a weak hunter and a picky eater, but her words were still valid! Nobody liked prey that was half dead for at least a few weeks and THEN brought back to the fresh kill pile.

That made the whole camp smell like rotten fish!

Owltalon swore to herself that however was mouse brained enough to drag sickly prey to camp was going to get their ear chewed off!

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old February 11th, 2024, 10:27 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

[ Cherryswirl - 52 Moons]
She/Her | Chaotic Good | Lionheart
Go With The Flow [Active]

"Great catch Sparrow!" Cherryswirl praised in more of a hushed tone as not to scare away any fish. Truthfully, She had been precariously watching as Sparrowsnarl had boosted himself onto the ice. Not that... not that she didn't trust the warrior's capability... but with the two of them putting their weight on it was risky. Though, as Sparrow had maneuvered away from her to his own little section, she had nodded and gone back to watching the river herself. The silence had been loud, so - just as Cherryswirl was getting concentrated - hearing the sudden splash from Sparrow sent her scuttling like a little crab to see if he was alright. Cue, fish! A purr rumbled in her chest as she quietly called to him,

"My turn next... Don't go catching all the fish." Turning away from Sparrow - once again scuttling like a crab - Cherryswirl resumed her concentration stance as her eyes fluttered with each ripple and movement of the water beneath her. There were a few smaller fish still wriggling around unaware of their soon-to-be swift death from above. The silence grew once more and after what felt like ages of waiting for something to pass by, the glittering scales of a decently sized fish started to meander by. Within seconds, Cherryswirl was face deep into the water, a single paw following behind as she scooped it towards her and bit down, pulling it up out of the freezing water. Whiskers dripping, the warrior turned with a bright expression as an average sized perch dangled from her jaws. One for one now. Maybe one more between the each of them would suffice.

[ @JellyMoons | @Micanomancy ]

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old February 11th, 2024, 11:28 AM

Bump Policy: Bump me ASAP, or whenever :)

@RoboPrism

Minnowsplash stiffened, surprised by Duststorm’s generosity. They were used to getting drenched, being a RiverClan cat and all, so why was Duststorm so eager to huddle together? Besides, the meager bundle of scales they caught couldn’t even be considered a ‘good catch’. “I-I’m okay,” they mewed as a small shiver ran down their spine. “We shouldn’t waste hunting time waiting for me to warm up.” The Clan needed prey, and Minnowsplash was determined to give the Clan what it needed. Self wants could come later.
Old February 11th, 2024, 12:25 PM
Warrior

Quote:
@RoboPrism

Minnowsplash stiffened, surprised by Duststorm’s generosity. They were used to getting drenched, being a RiverClan cat and all, so why was Duststorm so eager to huddle together? Besides, the meager bundle of scales they caught couldn’t even be considered a ‘good catch’. “I-I’m okay,” they mewed as a small shiver ran down their spine. “We shouldn’t waste hunting time waiting for me to warm up.” The Clan needed prey, and Minnowsplash was determined to give the Clan what it needed. Self wants could come later.
"If you're sure..."
After grabbing her catch, Duststorm brushed past, forward along the bank. She paused to look back at the wet scrap of fur, concern still flickering in her eyes. Lifting her tail she nodded to the distance, speaking around the fish in her jaws.
"I know a good spot farther down. The fish there practically fly out from a small drop over; we can grab them from the air. Just be careful though, the water's stronger there than anywhere."
Old February 11th, 2024, 12:35 PM

Bump Policy: Bump me ASAP, or whenever :)

@RoboPrism

Minnowsplash took a deep breath and shook out the last remaining drops in their fur. Maybe a little running would warm them up a bit. Worst case scenario, they'd just have to deal with a day of rest. No big deal. They picked up their fish and followed Duststorm. I'm ready they signalled.
Old February 11th, 2024, 12:51 PM
Warrior

Quote:
@RoboPrism

Minnowsplash took a deep breath and shook out the last remaining drops in their fur. Maybe a little running would warm them up a bit. Worst case scenario, they'd just have to deal with a day of rest. No big deal. They picked up their fish and followed Duststorm. I'm ready they signalled.
Duststorm nodded. She trotted down the rocks, tail held high. Her fluff went up and down as she went. The rushing of the creek against rocks beside them was music to her ears. Birds pestered her ears as well, somewhere out of reach no doubt.. The smell of the fish was tempting, but the code was solid with her. Hopefully they were soon to find another river-dweller to claim as their food.
Old February 11th, 2024, 01:08 PM

Bump Policy: please don't bump ^^
My Mood: Distracted

Heroneye

“Right,” said Heroneye. “We must keep our strength up, what with the precarious position RiverClan finds itself in now…” Heroneye shifted on her paws. “Ah, I’m such a downer, aren’t I?” Heroneye offered after a pause with a small, guilty smile. “Of course the changing weather is an excellent sign.” As she spoke, the tempo of her voice increased. “And good-quality prey does much for morale, as does sunlight.”

She had noticed the change in mood amongst the other cats. Everyone was gaining a newfound hope for the future--Heroneye just wished she could do the same without any of these pesky reservations.
@Marigoldwhisper
Old February 11th, 2024, 01:33 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye

“Right,” said Heroneye. “We must keep our strength up, what with the precarious position RiverClan finds itself in now…” Heroneye shifted on her paws. “Ah, I’m such a downer, aren’t I?” Heroneye offered after a pause with a small, guilty smile. “Of course the changing weather is an excellent sign.” As she spoke, the tempo of her voice increased. “And good-quality prey does much for morale, as does sunlight.”

She had noticed the change in mood amongst the other cats. Everyone was gaining a newfound hope for the future--Heroneye just wished she could do the same without any of these pesky reservations.
@Marigoldwhisper

`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

The she-cat just stared at Heroneye for awhile, her eyes narrowed but curious.

"Something eating you?" Owltalon guessed, making wet paw prints in the shore and watching them get pulled away by the smooth waves.

It was almost like the stream was breathing. Maybe even the world.

"And you're not a downer," Owltalon added, her tone hardening. "Not even close. I have that title. It flashes over my head like a big 'ol sign! HA!"

While Owltalon never felt as though she was targeted, she did feel a bit like an outcast, a negative-nelly.

Whenever things finally went her way she'd acknowledge them, but she always managed to mess it up one way or another.

Because she was two faced. A two faced good for nothing---

The shrill cry of a mockingbird interrupted her thoughts. Owltalon managed to school her sour expression, the corners of her mouth twitching up slightly.

Urgh... It didn't matter anyways. The clan was fixing itself up, so she could too.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Closed Thread