Originally Posted by Shellwhisker View Post

v Mentions v
@Catherine - Marigoldleap
@RoboPrism - Mothcrash

Birchbranch
Lyrebird's Lullaby [ ACTIVE ]
RiverClan Warrior - 29 Moons

____

Birchbranch stalked swiftly into the Territory, glancing back to make sure that her patrolmates - Marigoldleap and Mothcrash - were following her.

''Be careful. There may be foxes. There have been a lot of 'em recently,'' The warrior explained.

''I want no injuries, of course.''

Birchbranch's ear twitched. ''Fadingsun never told us which herbs to look for, so we're going to each collect two different herbs.''

The she-cat turned to her Clanmates. ''Mothcrash, I want you to look in the trees for cobwebs and alder bark. I'm sure that whoever RiverClan's next Medicine Cat is will need them. Make sure that you're careful up there.''

Birchbranch then looked at Marigoldleap.

''I want you searching the territory for juniper and marigold. And,'' Birchbranch added on quickly, not letting neither cat protest.

''I will look for watermint and thyme around the riverbank.''

(Since Mothcrash will be falling out of a tree into the river's rapid currents, I specifically put Birchbranch at the riverbank as she will be the cat to save him. Catherine, Robo and I have discussed this. If you'd like, however, Marigoldleap can run back to camp to have her warn Fadingsun and Birdsnow that Birchbranch is bringing home a nearly drowned Mothcrash and some herbs.)
Mothcrash put on a brave smile as the other two turned to their duties. Once they were far enough, he sighed, glancing up at the high, towering trees. He probably didn't need to go too far up, right?

Stalking up to the tree, he glared at the bark. I'm going to climb this, and not slip, or fall out.

Extending his claws, he began arduously putting one claw forward, then another, then the third, and the last. He repeated the climbing until he could cling to the third highest branch, and hauled himself on. Trembling, he scouted around, catching a glimpse of the snow through a patch of leaves. Shaking, he averted his eyes immediately.
D-Don't look down! Don't- look down.

Mothcrash really wondered why Birchbranch wanted the cat with a rabbit tail in the trees.

Focusing, he saw some squishy, short greenery in front of him, and clawed it off. The tree-moss was plump and came from the bark in a large patch. The find left him feeling reassured, until he went to drop it from the branch.
Staring at the small little clanmates below, he quivered, his jaw went slack with fright and he succeeded in delievering the greenery.

In a panic, he scooted back, suddenly feeling the branch grow thin behind him-. Darting forward he clung to the trunk and scrambled higher, his brain scattered.
Cobwebs, alder bark- C-Cobwebs, alder bark-, no more moss!

In the time to come he had now sat himself on the eleventh or fifteenth branch, and had covered some bark with thick cobwebs, so he could drop it without scattering the spider's contribution. Though proud of his ingenuity, he realized at this vantage... the idea meant nothing. It was sure to tumble into the crowded branches be..low...

He yowled, the ground spun below and he scrambled back like before, this time, it was too late when he realized there was not enough of a branch to support him any longer. Reaching out his front claws, he caught the branch just barely, and hung on.

Water roared below, and he saw the icy river raging. Why was it so close to the river?! The large, sharp ice chunks put even more determination in his paws, and in his call.

"HEEEELP!"
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," William Shakespeare
"Maybe it needs one of these doo-hickeys?" Arcee - Transformers PRIME
Old February 13th, 2024, 03:54 PM
it's me again

Bump Policy: please don't bump ^^
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Warrior |

Heroneye dropped the fish and scuffed some dirt over it, electing to pick it back up later. “Thanks to your advice,” she said with a polite nod. She was pleased that Owltalon seemed more calm now.

Having caught that previous fish, Heroneye was beginning to feel more confident. I should know how to do all this, after all. I’ve been doing this since I was an apprentice. I’ll just need to stay focused, use good form, and it’ll be fine.

“Alright. Let’s keep going.”
@Marigoldwhisper
Old February 13th, 2024, 05:54 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye

Heroneye dropped the fish and scuffed some dirt over it, electing to pick it back up later. “Thanks to your advice,” she said with a polite nod. She was pleased that Owltalon seemed more calm now.

Having caught that previous fish, Heroneye was beginning to feel more confident. I should know how to do all this, after all. I’ve been doing this since I was an apprentice. I’ll just need to stay focused, use good form, and it’ll be fine.

“Alright. Let’s keep going.”
@Marigoldwhisper

`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Another emotion flickered across her face, akin to surprise. But, she was able to swallow it and keep her expression neutral, a ghost of a smile present on her scuffed muzzle.

"Alright then, at least now I'll be able to test 'ya," she smiled a smile that filled her eyes and made them look more genuine. "Let's see what you've got."

She sat up into a sit, the tip of her tail twitching expectantly.

Heroneye was picking up the technique quicker than she thought. There was obvious potential in the young warriors swift movements. How come it hadn't been used?

Watching the ripples echo across the water and drilling holes in the back of Heroneye's head, she couldn't help but feel somewhat nostalgic.

She doubted she'd ever snag and apprentice anytime soon, especially with her recent out burst... So maybe this is the closest she could get.

Owltalon would take that.

Thank Starclan for second chances.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old February 13th, 2024, 09:09 PM
it's me again

Heroneye

“‘Test me’? That sounds a bit ominous.” Heroneye swept her tail over the ground. Her expression was unreadably focused now; she was officially back in work mode. Surrounded in life and sound, she felt rather eager, tapping her paws on the earth as she allowed her pelt to be gently warmed by the weak Leaf-bare sun.

Now, she met the potential challenge with a feeling of determined keenness. Her jaw twitched as she anticipated an opportunity to prove her worth.

@Marigoldwhisper

Last edited by Fits; February 13th, 2024 at 09:35 PM.
Old February 14th, 2024, 05:37 AM

Quote:

Heroneye

“‘Test me’? That sounds a bit ominous.” Heroneye swept her tail over the ground. Her expression was unreadably focused now; she was officially back in work mode. Surrounded in life and sound, she felt rather eager, tapping her paws on the earth as she allowed her pelt to be gently warmed by the weak Leaf-bare sun.

Now, she met the potential challenge with a feeling of determined keenness. Her jaw twitched as she anticipated an opportunity to prove her worth.

@Marigoldwhisper
`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

She blinked her one eye curiously, not even attempting to answer Heroneye as she noticed the she-cat fully lock in on her task.

She couldn't help but rise to her hind legs, just a little bit! As she looked over to see what Heroneye was doing.

Heroneye was poised by the stream their eyes wide and unblinking as she calculated when best to attack. Owltalon could see that much and it was a great sight.

She had already grown quite fond of Heroneye even only after having a few conversations with the she-cat. But, she was swift and devoted, two great traits to see in a warrior.

Owltalon had a feeling she'd be great. Could feel it in her bones. Or... Maybe that was just actual pain in her bones...

Coming to this realization, Owltalon dropped back into a sit, giving her hind legs a rest.

My Art Shop!
Old February 14th, 2024, 06:41 AM
VM me Toothlessed ♤

Bump Policy: 48 hours ^^
My Mood: Breezy

Attachment 3101

GOLDFISH
Female|RiverClan|21 Moons
Agatha Kitty (Active)

Tags;
@/al3cc766

Goldfish sighed with a thoughtful
look at the apprentice. "I think I know
why,"
she mewed. "She's jealous, and
scared she won't be able to be medicine cat."

Her voice was blunt and brisk, but she didn't
know how else exactly to say it. The black-and-
yellow molly licked her lips and flicked an ear,
continuing to walk. She didn't know what
to think right now. Cobwebpaw was definitely
jealous, that was for certain. But, other than that,
she couldn't read minds, and the molly was
obviously miserable. There was something wrong,
and she intended to help Cobwebpaw work
her way through it, one way or another.

[Holy crap sorry I totaly forgot, this was so long ago ]

"Underground look around not a sound can escape
Freakin out I'm how many hours away!"

Paris, Alec, Bean, Glitch, Indy, XxGhostStarsxX, PeanutCash, Morrigan, Hollyheart, Dolomedes, Marigoldwhisper, and iliri all reside in here. They will never escape :>

Old February 14th, 2024, 04:40 PM
it's me again

Heroneye

Heroneye remained crouched over the water, scarcely moving, aside from the occasional flick of her tail tip. The only thing in the world was this clearing, and a fish hiding somewhere in the silt. The stream was somewhat small, so it was unlikely any behemoths lay there or anything, but Heroneye was hoping to catch something decent for the Clan--and, of course, showing off a little wouldn’t hurt (as if she had any right to try and do so, she reflected with a bit of a self-directed scoff).

Stop. Just stay focused, Heroneye scolded herself as she saw the small ripples her breath made on the water’s surface. Nothing else matters; just catch something, catch something…

After some time, Heroneye finally noticed movement in the water. A relatively small trout was sluggishly ambling through the water. After waiting for an opportune moment, Heroneye struck and batted it out of the water (with considerably more effort this time, of course). Just as she was about to finish it off, however, the fish suddenly flailed violently away from her, nearly launching itself back into the water. Heroneye, fiercely determined not to lose this catch, reflexively slammed a paw onto its tail, hooking the fin with her claws.

Not wasting any more time, she finally killed the fish. “These fish... are very stubborn,” she commented after a pause, trying to catch her breath.
@Marigoldwhisper
Old February 14th, 2024, 05:14 PM

Quote:

Heroneye

Heroneye remained crouched over the water, scarcely moving, aside from the occasional flick of her tail tip. The only thing in the world was this clearing, and a fish hiding somewhere in the silt. The stream was somewhat small, so it was unlikely any behemoths lay there or anything, but Heroneye was hoping to catch something decent for the Clan--and, of course, showing off a little wouldn’t hurt (as if she had any right to try and do so, she reflected with a bit of a self-directed scoff).

Stop. Just stay focused, Heroneye scolded herself as she saw the small ripples her breath made on the water’s surface. Nothing else matters; just catch something, catch something…

After some time, Heroneye finally noticed movement in the water. A relatively small trout was sluggishly ambling through the water. After waiting for an opportune moment, Heroneye struck and batted it out of the water (with considerably more effort this time, of course). Just as she was about to finish it off, however, the fish suddenly flailed violently away from her, nearly launching itself back into the water. Heroneye, fiercely determined not to lose this catch, reflexively slammed a paw onto its tail, hooking the fin with her claws.

Not wasting any more time, she finally killed the fish. “These fish... are very stubborn,” she commented after a pause, trying to catch her breath.
@Marigoldwhisper
`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC

Purrks: Agatha Kitty (ACTIVE!)

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Owltalon just barked a laugh, her chest rising and falling abruptly.

"That's just how they'll be. Fish have a will to live, just like us, even if they are a few tail-lengths dumber," she explained, padding back over to Heroneye, a purr rising in her throat.

"I remember when a fish did that to me," she said. "It was an odd one. It had wings! Can you believe it? Wings!"

Owltalon chuckled once more, kneading her paws into the soft muddy shore of the stream.

"Only Starclan themselves could make a miracle like that happen."

Opon first seeing such a fish, Owltalon contemplated weather or not she should bury it and keep it for herself and study all of its secrets. Her mind was amazed at the world around her, often finding herself trying to claw ancient stories out of elders.

Regardless if they were real or not, she'd listen and wander into the winding forest and look for the things the elder spoke of.

Sure, all that exploring when she was young gave her a bad back and sore paws, but it also gave her a nick for adventures.

Somecat could say, "Hey Owlpaw! Make sure that you bring back a fish for camp!" And Owltalon would nod and truly honestly try to listen and do what she was asked, but her heart said otherwise, making her bring back colorful leaves and fish with two heads back instead of anything remotely normal.

She once brought back a rotting doe head. Can you believe it? A whole doe head? At the time, Owltalon was overjoyed. But now, she could easily see why the clan saw her as such a bad omen.

Her old habits hadn't worn off though. She still chirped back at birds and tried to imitate the strange roar of monsters. Heck, she still kept weird looking bugs buried in special places.

Ah, those were the days alright.

"You should've seen me back then," she looked up at Heroneye, searching the pools of blue and turquoise that colored her irises. "I was a nutcase, that's for sure."

My Art Shop!
Old February 14th, 2024, 06:19 PM
Warrior

Bump Policy: 2 Days~
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellwhisker View Post

v Mentions v
@Catherine
@tallulah - I noticed that Dusklion had an herb patrol here in the territory as well, so I thought you might like to have her join in :3

I'm trying to post as much as I can for Kitty Koins so I can get the Silver Tongue Purrk for Birchbranch lol

Birchbranch

____

The warrior's head snapped upward to see Mothcrash.

''Let yourself fall, Mothcrash. I'll be here to catch you!"

Upon seeing Mothcrash hanging on to the branch by front claws only, Birchbranch launched herself into the raging waters of the river.

Swimming strongly, the RiverClan she-cat managed to find the exact spot that she knew Mothcrash would fall into.

Shell's Character Shop!
FALL?!
Mothcrash trembled, gazing down to see his clanmate below. He didn't want to crush her...! Grimacing, he could feel his claws slipping.

Better my choice than unexpected. Birchbranch will be fine. She'll catch me...

Closing his eyes, he retracted his claws, and felt the air rush past. His ears were filled with roaring wind. Opening his eyes, he saw his shadow cast over Birchbranch, and soon fell to a daze, when with a large splash, a freezing chill shot into his body.
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," William Shakespeare
"Maybe it needs one of these doo-hickeys?" Arcee - Transformers PRIME
Old February 14th, 2024, 06:56 PM
High-Function Autistic

Status: Highly Functioning Autistic who is easily frustrated, so if I say something I don’t mean, I’m so
Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Angelic

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboPrism View Post
FALL?!
Mothcrash trembled, gazing down to see his clanmate below. He didn't want to crush her...! Grimacing, he could feel his claws slipping.

Better my choice than unexpected. Birchbranch will be fine. She'll catch me...

Closing his eyes, he retracted his claws, and felt the air rush past. His ears were filled with roaring wind. Opening his eyes, he saw his shadow cast over Birchbranch, and soon fell to a daze, when with a large splash, a freezing chill shot into his body.

v Mentions v
@Catherine
@poppy - just in case you'd like Birdsnow to come out here lol

Birchbranch

____

The shocking cold of the river water didn't last long.

Birchbranch grabbed her Clanmate by the scruff and pushed him out onto the riverbank, pulling herself out of the freezing waters, as well.

''I told you I'd save you, didn't I?'' Her voice was firm.

''That's exactly what I did.''

•☆ Purrks ☆•
Larkswoop: BUT3, FTT3, LL
Robinsnow: WI, AK
Fireflypaw / Flicker: TC, AK, MR
Pondpaw: Silver Tongue

Last edited by isla; February 14th, 2024 at 06:57 PM.
Closed Thread