Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 11:23 AM
Closed Thread

Old March 5th, 2022, 06:10 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Apprentices' Den

☁ Cloudpaw (she/her) ☁ [ @mousefoot ]

➢ The small black-and-white apprentice had been looking towards the den floor when the young tomcat walked in, not immediately noticing him. However, she lifted her head and peered up at him with a curious gaze as the other Riverclan apprentice introduced himself as Spiderpaw. He was a white-furred cat, having a black face and paws, along with deep amber-hued eyes. They kinda looked similar in a way, but also not really… At least, that’s what Cloudpaw thought. She returned the smile, except hers was a genuine one that showed her kind and gentle nature. “Hi there!” She mewed, sitting up in her nest, “Y-Yes, I’m C-Cloudpaw. N-Nice to m-m-meet you, S-Spiderpaw!” Great Starclan! She felt the tips of her ears burn with embarrassment as her stutter immediately showed up seconds after she began to speak to the young tomcat apprentice. The fluffy shecat hoped that her weird voice didn’t scare him away or something. “How are y-you?” That was a little better, but not perfect.
Old March 5th, 2022, 06:40 PM
so life goes on

Bump Policy: 72 hrs
My Mood: Mysterious
Default Re: RiverClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post

➢ The small black-and-white apprentice had been looking towards the den floor when the young tomcat walked in, not immediately noticing him. However, she lifted her head and peered up at him with a curious gaze as the other Riverclan apprentice introduced himself as Spiderpaw. He was a white-furred cat, having a black face and paws, along with deep amber-hued eyes. They kinda looked similar in a way, but also not really… At least, that’s what Cloudpaw thought. She returned the smile, except hers was a genuine one that showed her kind and gentle nature. “Hi there!” She mewed, sitting up in her nest, “Y-Yes, I’m C-Cloudpaw. N-Nice to m-m-meet you, S-Spiderpaw!” Great Starclan! She felt the tips of her ears burn with embarrassment as her stutter immediately showed up seconds after she began to speak to the young tomcat apprentice. The fluffy shecat hoped that her weird voice didn’t scare him away or something. “How are y-you?” That was a little better, but not perfect.
Spiderpaw
Spiderpaw tilted his head, confused as to why Cloudpaw was stuttering. Had he done something? Was she just that pathetic? Spiderpaw did his best to straighten up and believe his own words, but he realized that he felt bad for using it to describe her. Then, he realized he had been standing in silence and didn't respond to her question. He'd laugh nervously, hoping to break the awkward silence that had come over them.
'' I'm doing..... alright. And how about you? ''
He appreciated that this fellow apprentice was genuine with her kindness, but he couldn't get himself to be as genuine as her. If he showed kindness, he saw it as weakness. And he would never allow himself to be seen as weak.
(also sorry for not mentioning you in my last post ahh I totally forgot to)

Everyday, there's another thing on my mind. It weighs me down to the ground.

Art Shop

Very busy schedule | Bump me after 72 hours
Old March 6th, 2022, 02:04 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefoot View Post
Spiderpaw
Spiderpaw tilted his head, confused as to why Cloudpaw was stuttering. Had he done something? Was she just that pathetic? Spiderpaw did his best to straighten up and believe his own words, but he realized that he felt bad for using it to describe her. Then, he realized he had been standing in silence and didn't respond to her question. He'd laugh nervously, hoping to break the awkward silence that had come over them.
'' I'm doing..... alright. And how about you? ''
He appreciated that this fellow apprentice was genuine with her kindness, but he couldn't get himself to be as genuine as her. If he showed kindness, he saw it as weakness. And he would never allow himself to be seen as weak.
☁ Cloudpaw (she/her) ☁

➢ The small fluffy shecat could see how the other apprentice looked at her when she spoke, making her ears droop a little. However, Cloudpaw kept herself from letting just a mere look bring her down. “I’m d-doing okay, just t-t-tired.” She meowed in a gentle, hushed voice, “Kestrelstar t-trains me w-w-well.” With saying that, she gave a small light-hearted laugh as she forced her to keep her smile throughout the odd conversation. Spiderpaw seemed like a nice fellow, awkward like she was when it came to simple conversations like this, but not having a pathetic stutter like hers holding him back from talking. Sometimes, Cloudpaw wished she could’ve just been born mute at this point. In order to keep the talk rolling and not have anymore weird silence, she decided to ask him another question. “Who’s your m-m-mentor?” That was a casual thing to ask another apprentice.

( It's quite alright, I understand! )
Old March 6th, 2022, 02:53 PM
so life goes on

Spiderpaw
The tom laid down by Cloudpaw, making himself a bit more comfortable instead of standing awkwardly over her. He'd frown slightly at her question, but quickly forced a smile.
'' Hehe... uhm... My mentor used to be Oaksong. She is quite busy with a lot of other things at the moment, so my training has been delayed. ''
He looked down, quite embarrassed that he had just admitted that. Cloudpaw had become an apprentice a few days ago and she had more training than he did! He shifted, wondering if he'd be getting a new mentor any time soon.
'' It's cool that your mentor is the leader. Do you feel quite lucky? ''
@masquerade

Art Shop

Last edited by R0WAN; March 6th, 2022 at 02:53 PM.
Old March 7th, 2022, 12:09 AM
Your Local Fisherman

➢ A little surprised, but also a little happy that the other apprentice laid down beside her, she kept on smiling that gentle, friendly smile. However, Cloudpaw noticed Spiderpaw react slightly in a negative manner towards her question, which made the fluffy shecat tilt her head to the side with slight curiosity in her light-blue eyes. She listened in a respectful manner as the young tomcat shared his woes with her for a brief moment, talking about his mentor, Oaksong, who had no time for him. It reminded her of one of her mothers, Rosyfrost, who had hardly been present since she was born. It was a completely different thing and Cloudpaw knew that, but she couldn’t keep her mind from coming up with the comparison. Her short ears then twitched to his question: do you feel quite lucky? She immediately replied. “No.” The black-and-white apprentice mewed, shaking her head gently before looking at Spiderpaw, “Most of my f-family disappeared b-b-before my ceremony. I was m-most l-l-likely made his apprentice out of p-pity.” She didn’t like saying that, especially after how much she had enjoyed spending time with Kestrelstar, but the young apprentice couldn’t help but speak her mind on that matter.
Old March 7th, 2022, 08:50 AM
so life goes on

@masquerade
Spiderpaw
Spiderpaw looked at the ground. He questioned whether or not he should tell Cloudpaw he also had missing parents. Would it lower the mood more? If he also had missing parents, why didn't Kestralstar pity him? Did they knew he even existed? His thoughts started to make him angry, but he tried to calm himself for Cloudpaw's sake.
'' I'm sure that wasn't the only reason they made you their apprentice. They must've saw something in you that they didn't see in any other apprentice. ''
He looked at her, trying to shove down his jealous emotions.
'' I'll... uhm... be here if you ever need to talk to someone. ''
He felt awkward saying it to Cloudpaw, and he wasn't even sure he'd be there for her like he wanted to be.

Art Shop

Old March 7th, 2022, 11:22 PM
Your Local Fisherman

“Maybe.” The small fluffy shecat meowed, releasing a softened sigh, “But I d-don’t see m-myself as any d-d-different than you.” Cloudpaw was just another mere Riverclan apprentice, training to become a strong and wise warrior. Wasn’t she? She didn’t know, but the black-and-white molly didn’t like the thought of her being special. The fact of the matter was that Cloudpaw did not want to be special or viewed in a different way just because she was Kestrelstar’s apprentice. She just wanted to be loved and have other cats actually like her for who she was. The newly-named apprentice looked over at Spiderpaw with her light-blue eyes. “T-Thank you.” She meowed, giving him a small smile for a moment. The young tomcat seemed to have his own burdens and troubles deep within that he kept tucked away. Cloudpaw wondered.. Could she be there for him as well if he needed a shoulder to lean against? “W-Would you w-wanna be f-f-friends?” Asking that wasn’t weird, right? She had never done this before. This was so much different with Kestrelkit and Spikekit, but she didn’t want to think about them right now. This was her life and Cloudpaw needed to make friends if she was to survive her training moons. Plus, she wanted to be able to move on from her past and forget about those who left her.
Old March 8th, 2022, 03:47 PM
so life goes on

@masquerade
Spiderpaw
A friend?! She wanted to be friends with him? He didn't really see himself having any friends. What is a friend? He found himself asking this question very often, even during random tasks like hunting or just laying by a tree. He'd see some cats around camp being friendly with each other and joking around, but he didn't see himself being in a kind of friendship like that. He just decided that he'd be lonely forever, but was Cloudpaw suddenly going to change his mind?

Yes. Yes she was.
'' Friends? Oh uh, yeah. Sure! ''
He turned to her. He felt an emotion inside of himself that he hadn't felt since he first saw the river. He couldn't name it, since emotions were still confusing to the lanky tom. So he just gave Cloudpaw his first genuine smile.

Art Shop

Old March 9th, 2022, 11:18 AM
Your Local Fisherman

➢ His reaction to her question made Cloudpaw very happy, making her feel like she was already on the path to making so many cool, new friends. “Awesome!” She mewed, not really knowing what else to respond with, “Maybe w-we can p-play mossball t-t-together sometime!” Was that a silly thing to propose? Did apprentices play mossball or was that just a nursery game? The small fluffy shecat did not know, but she didn’t really care. Mossball was all she knew in terms of games besides Clans, but her brothers kinda ruined that game for her growing up. Spiderpaw’s smile made her feel warm, like she was really making the young tomcat’s day. The small molly then uttered a tiny yawn. Oh goodness, was it naptime already? But she was just getting to be good pals with this other apprentice. Ugh. Stupid sleepy body always being sleepy. “I t-think I’m gonna take a n-nap…” She remarked, resting her head down again, “Sleepy…” Hopefully, Spiderpaw wouldn’t mind her putting a pause on their conversation. Maybe he’d take a nap as well. Naps were nice. Cuddles were also nice.
Old March 10th, 2022, 09:53 AM
so life goes on

Spiderpaw ( @masquerade )

He'd nod slowly, a bit confused at her mentioning mossball. He had heard of the game, but never actually played it before. He always saw it as immature and just something to keep kits busy. He watched as she laid her head down and closed her eyes. He awkwardly positioned himself next to her. He didn't want to be too close to Cloudpaw, so he kept a small distance between them. He laid his head down, staring off into the distance before closing his eyes and falling asleep.

Art Shop

Closed Thread