by Rowan
Last post by Snips
Today 01:03 AM
Closed Thread

Old May 27th, 2017, 09:48 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Two yellow-green hues were reflected in the river, along with a muscular body and russet-colored fur with darker swirls. Spicepaw was staring into the river, watching his reflection flicker in the ripples as the river flowed. He was sitting at the edge of the water, but near a calmer part of the river. A true Riverclan cat, Spicepaw was able to spot the shadows of the fish, just below the water. Taking a deep breath, Spicepaw reached out his paw towards the water. As soon as his pad touched the cold liquid, a memory flashed through his mind. Rain, pouring, making the river swell into a big black monster. His mother rushing ahead, her white pelt glowing in the darkness of the storm. Spicepaw himself struggling to keep up. Then that big sound of rushing water, and a giant wave erupting out of the river, swallowing him up into its cold, watery depths. Then was the pain, struggling, sensation of dying. Spicepaw's head would break through the surface, and he could gulp the clean, cool air, but then he was dunked under again. Then, that moment when the tree branch came spiraling towards him through the water, and all had gone black.
Spicepaw jumped back from the water, withdrawing his paw and shaking the water off of it. He was breathing heavily, the memory of the storm having skaken him up. It's okay Spicepaw, you're okay now, everything is fine... Spicepaw took multiple calming breaths to help himself, closing his eyes for a moment. He heard the gentle bubbling of the river, but it sickened him. It sickened him to know that right now, it was calm and smooth, but it could become deadly and unforgiving. It sickened him that Riverclan's source of food was the thing that had almost destroyed him. And it had destroyed his family. Spicepaw had tried to get over his fear of water. He couldn't be a Riverclan cat afraid of water, that was so stupid. But every time he tried to hunt fish again, or even touch the water, he was overcome by memories of his near-death experience. During that time he even thought he had seen Stormkit come to claim him into Starclan. He had pleaded with her to let him keep his life. Maybe it had worked. But that was Spicepaw's moment of blind panic. Right now, he didn't believe that he had seen Stormkit. Yes, he believed in Starclan, but no, he didn't depend on them with is life. He needed to be able to change, and adapt to his surroundings. That who he was anyways. A changer, an adapter.
@AbsurdJinx

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old May 27th, 2017, 10:07 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post
Two yellow-green hues were reflected in the river, along with a muscular body and russet-colored fur with darker swirls. Spicepaw was staring into the river, watching his reflection flicker in the ripples as the river flowed. He was sitting at the edge of the water, but near a calmer part of the river. A true Riverclan cat, Spicepaw was able to spot the shadows of the fish, just below the water. Taking a deep breath, Spicepaw reached out his paw towards the water. As soon as his pad touched the cold liquid, a memory flashed through his mind. Rain, pouring, making the river swell into a big black monster. His mother rushing ahead, her white pelt glowing in the darkness of the storm. Spicepaw himself struggling to keep up. Then that big sound of rushing water, and a giant wave erupting out of the river, swallowing him up into its cold, watery depths. Then was the pain, struggling, sensation of dying. Spicepaw's head would break through the surface, and he could gulp the clean, cool air, but then he was dunked under again. Then, that moment when the tree branch came spiraling towards him through the water, and all had gone black.
Spicepaw jumped back from the water, withdrawing his paw and shaking the water off of it. He was breathing heavily, the memory of the storm having skaken him up. It's okay Spicepaw, you're okay now, everything is fine... Spicepaw took multiple calming breaths to help himself, closing his eyes for a moment. He heard the gentle bubbling of the river, but it sickened him. It sickened him to know that right now, it was calm and smooth, but it could become deadly and unforgiving. It sickened him that Riverclan's source of food was the thing that had almost destroyed him. And it had destroyed his family. Spicepaw had tried to get over his fear of water. He couldn't be a Riverclan cat afraid of water, that was so stupid. But every time he tried to hunt fish again, or even touch the water, he was overcome by memories of his near-death experience. During that time he even thought he had seen Stormkit come to claim him into Starclan. He had pleaded with her to let him keep his life. Maybe it had worked. But that was Spicepaw's moment of blind panic. Right now, he didn't believe that he had seen Stormkit. Yes, he believed in Starclan, but no, he didn't depend on them with is life. He needed to be able to change, and adapt to his surroundings. That who he was anyways. A changer, an adapter.
@AbsurdJinx
Quillpaw had decided that, on his first day as an apprentice, he would visit the river in which his Clan was named after. The river was the Clan's main food source, and he'd have to learn where it lied, how it moved, what it looked like, how it sounded, and so-on. Besides, he was happy as is just to stroll through the territory. His thick and short pelt stood on end in it's natural appearance. He was born with somewhat spiky fur, and even after a thorough wash his fur would return to it's upright position. Quillpaw, however, took great pride in his pelt that was so uniquely painted. And his baby blue eyes were powerful compliments.

The rushing water of the river reached Quillpaw before he could even see it. But when he brought his muzzle to the air, opening his mouth ever so slightly, he could taste the freshness of the water. Suddenly eager to reach the river he's only heard of in stories, he quickened his pace until the sounds were louder and he could see patches of blue through the gaps in the undergrowth. And then he spotted movement. Instinctively, Quillpaw came to a halt and brought himself to the ground to remain hidden. Slowly and quietly, he slithered forward. Still hidden behind clumps of bushes, he studied the source of the movement. A brown tabby tomcat stood at the river's edge.

Though Quillpaw had been intensely interested in the river just moments before, the stranger in front of him peaked his curiosity. Intruder? Friend or foe? It didn't cross his mind to even attempt to learn the cat's scent; he could recognize RiverClan's fishy, watery scent in a heartbeat. He watched the stranger pull away from the stream, shaking his paw to rid it of drops of water. Quillpaw was not aware of any RiverClan cats that feared getting wet paws, which convinced him that the cat before him despised the water. By Quillpaw's logic, the cat before him was an intruder.

Releasing a yowl, Quillpaw launched himself from the bushes, creating a ruckus. He was a new apprentice, just barely receiving his new name. He was inexperienced, and had no knowledge of fighting techniques. He was practically throwing himself into a battle, blind.
Old May 28th, 2017, 07:55 AM
Pungeon Master

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsemoon the Therian View Post
Fallenspirit led the way to the river, stopping at the deepest part. She sat and waited for Dewpaw to catch up. @Rockstar
Dewpaw bounded after Fallenspirit to the river, skidding to a stop and nearly toppling into the water in her energy.

"What do we do first?" She mewed, excitedly pattering her front paws next to her mentor.
Old May 29th, 2017, 06:12 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Quillpaw had decided that, on his first day as an apprentice, he would visit the river in which his Clan was named after. The river was the Clan's main food source, and he'd have to learn where it lied, how it moved, what it looked like, how it sounded, and so-on. Besides, he was happy as is just to stroll through the territory. His thick and short pelt stood on end in it's natural appearance. He was born with somewhat spiky fur, and even after a thorough wash his fur would return to it's upright position. Quillpaw, however, took great pride in his pelt that was so uniquely painted. And his baby blue eyes were powerful compliments.

The rushing water of the river reached Quillpaw before he could even see it. But when he brought his muzzle to the air, opening his mouth ever so slightly, he could taste the freshness of the water. Suddenly eager to reach the river he's only heard of in stories, he quickened his pace until the sounds were louder and he could see patches of blue through the gaps in the undergrowth. And then he spotted movement. Instinctively, Quillpaw came to a halt and brought himself to the ground to remain hidden. Slowly and quietly, he slithered forward. Still hidden behind clumps of bushes, he studied the source of the movement. A brown tabby tomcat stood at the river's edge.

Though Quillpaw had been intensely interested in the river just moments before, the stranger in front of him peaked his curiosity. Intruder? Friend or foe? It didn't cross his mind to even attempt to learn the cat's scent; he could recognize RiverClan's fishy, watery scent in a heartbeat. He watched the stranger pull away from the stream, shaking his paw to rid it of drops of water. Quillpaw was not aware of any RiverClan cats that feared getting wet paws, which convinced him that the cat before him despised the water. By Quillpaw's logic, the cat before him was an intruder.

Releasing a yowl, Quillpaw launched himself from the bushes, creating a ruckus. He was a new apprentice, just barely receiving his new name. He was inexperienced, and had no knowledge of fighting techniques. He was practically throwing himself into a battle, blind.
Spicepaw's ears flicked upwards as he heard a yowl behind him. It took him by surprise, and he turned to see a pale-furred tomcat with splashes of color on his pelt running towards him at full speed. Spicepaw stared for a moment, confused. Why would a fellow Riverclan cat be running towards him threateningly? Then Spicepaw realized that the other cat was getting closer. If he keeps running like that, we'll both end up in the river! Spicepaw definitely could not have that. He'd freak and probably go crazy and break down in front of this other cat, and Spicepaw didn't want that to happen. So he did the logical thing.

Spicepaw leaped to the side, but he had spent too long contemplating on why this cat was here, that he was too late. Mid-leap, the other apprentice crashed into him, sending him tumbling towards the river. Spicepaw felt his tail hit the water, then his hindquarters. Out of pure panic, the russet tom flung his forepaw a outwards, claws unsheathed, and dug them into the bank. It was muddy and wet, courtesy of the cold water rushing around his bottom half. Spicepaw once more had the sensation of drowning, flickers of memories from that stormy night rushing through his head. He was panicking, he was scared. And he was slipping. Spicepaw scrabbled on the edge of the bank, his ears pressed against his head in fear. It was too muddy, and one of his paws slipped. Spicepaw tried to grab onto the bank once more, but his other paw slipped, and he was falling. Spicepaw let out a fearful yowl.

"Plop." The tom slowly opened his yellow-green hues to find his head above the water. It was swirling around his hindquarters and front paws though. He was sitting in the shallows. Of course, the river doesn't get deep until near the middle... Except on stormy days. Spicepaw cast hi eyes upwards. It was perfectly clear, the sun beating down on him. Spicepaw then realized he was still sitting in the water. He pretty much leaped out, then started shaking violently to get rid of the wet droplets on his fur. Thankfully, being a full-blooded Riverclan cat, his fur was waterproof, so the water slid easily off his pelt. The tom then st down and started to lick the mud off of his paws, not wanting to be anywhere near the river again. That was enough trauma for this tom today. As he was grooming, Spicepaw realized another thing. He had made a COMPLETE fool of himself in front of this other fellow Riverclan apprentice. Oh great. Gonna have to live with that one the rest of my life... He then turned around to lol or the cat, hopefully to see his reaction.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old May 30th, 2017, 05:29 AM
Sleep Deprived

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Dewpaw bounded after Fallenspirit to the river, skidding to a stop and nearly toppling into the water in her energy.

"What do we do first?" She mewed, excitedly pattering her front paws next to her mentor.
"Well, catching big fish is a lot different from catching little fish," Fallenspirit paused for a moment, choosing the right words to explain it. "You know how when we catch little fish, we wait for them to come to us and we only get our paws wet? Well, when we're catching big fish, we have to go to the fish. And what does that mean, Dewpaw?"

If I haven't responded to a roleplay within 24 hours, either mention me and bump the roleplay or send a message on my profile. If I haven't responded to that in 24 hours... spam me.

During Lent I will only be online on Sundays. Please be patient. I will respond. This lasts until Easter Sunday.

Character site: http://eclipsemoonscharries.weebly.com/
Old May 30th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Pungeon Master

Quote:

"Well, catching big fish is a lot different from catching little fish," Fallenspirit paused for a moment, choosing the right words to explain it. "You know how when we catch little fish, we wait for them to come to us and we only get our paws wet? Well, when we're catching big fish, we have to go to the fish. And what does that mean, Dewpaw?"
Dewpaw nodded quietly, listening and hanging on every word as she stared right at the water in case any big fish came by.

She pricked up her ears and looked at her mentor, excitement flickering in her eyes.
"We have to swim!" she mewed, swaying her tail.
Old May 30th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Kinky

Jaysong

Silver pelage reflecting the sun's bright, yellow blare, the young warrior's green visionaries narrowed at the rushing river. She herself had only come here to do some fishing, as she rather fancied the technique. Upon arriving though, her skin jumped at the battle cry of an apprentice and her hackles rose, fearing that she was under a random attack. Thinking back on it, why would only one cat be attacking this deep in the territory?

Pushing her slender, yet muscled frame through the bushes, her eyes landed on the newest apprentice and Spicepaw hashing it out. She watched intently for a moment, realizing Spicepaw was of course, a dry-paw. Watching him was enough to send her into a fit of snickers before she herself stepped forward.

"Scared of water or what, dry-paw?" She teased Spicepaw lightly, flicking her feathery tail. Most dry-paws didn't fancy getting wet, but it appeared Spicepaw here was petrified of the water. That was a little odd, even to her, but he still had her respect. He was the few cats who could keep the camp from flooding.

The excitement, for the most part, over, Jaysong approached the rushing river and crouched, allowing her sand paper salmon tongue to lap at the cool liquid before she rose again to gaze at the two apprentices.
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Sleep Deprived

Quote:
Dewpaw nodded quietly, listening and hanging on every word as she stared right at the water in case any big fish came by.

She pricked up her ears and looked at her mentor, excitement flickering in her eyes.
"We have to swim!" she mewed, swaying her tail.
"That's right, Dewpaw!" Fallenspirit felt pride swell within her for her apprentice. Dewpaw was so smart and fun and likeable. Fallenspirit wondered how the apprentice put up with her mentor. "But along with swimming, we also have to dive."

If I haven't responded to a roleplay within 24 hours, either mention me and bump the roleplay or send a message on my profile. If I haven't responded to that in 24 hours... spam me.

During Lent I will only be online on Sundays. Please be patient. I will respond. This lasts until Easter Sunday.

Old June 1st, 2017, 07:45 AM
Pungeon Master

Quote:

"That's right, Dewpaw!" Fallenspirit felt pride swell within her for her apprentice. Dewpaw was so smart and fun and likeable. Fallenspirit wondered how the apprentice put up with her mentor. "But along with swimming, we also have to dive."
"Ooooh!" Dewpaw mewed, her paws pattering in place in excitement. "I've never done diving before! What do we do?"
Old June 1st, 2017, 06:02 PM
Sleep Deprived

Quote:
"Ooooh!" Dewpaw mewed, her paws pattering in place in excitement. "I've never done diving before! What do we do?"
Fallenspirit thought for a moment, going over the dives in her head. "First, we need to swim out to where we can dive straight down to the fish. Then we have to duck down under then water and push the water behind us as hard as we can. The fish will feel this, so you have to go fast to grab one before they swim away. We catch them with our mouth because our paws are busy keeping us under the water." Fallenspirit finished and looked down at her apprentice, ears pricked forward, head slightly tilted, signalling Dewpaw to ask any questions she had.

Closed Thread