Today 06:07 PM
“The Devil Knows My...
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 06:06 PM
Closed Thread

Old October 26th, 2022, 11:04 AM

My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Beastgrowl ducked into the den. It was the morning after Nightpaws strange death, and Birdpaw's words still rang in his head, about Flickerpaw, and her insinuation about not feeling safe stung. He wanted RiverClan's youth to feel safe in camp, but with all the child casualties recently, he didn't blame her.

Pikestar? I heard some concerning things earlier... from one of the apprentices, Birdpaw. She mentioned something about Flickerpaw being hurt and missing, which I thought you should be aware of. And I think a lot of our youth doesn't seem to feel safe anymore... I think that there needs to be an update on the rules concerning kits and apprentice's, at least temporarily, until the child deaths stop happening. RiverClan has a life preservation problem currently, and we need policies to try and prevent that.

The tom's scarred face, for once, was confident as he stared at his leader. But then, his voice softened. Our kids need to feel safe again.

@canineantics
Old October 26th, 2022, 02:19 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post
@canineantics

Hearing the older tom's voice beckoning her inside his den, the dark brown warrior put her paws down and shook out her fur before disappearing inside the cool, space-filled den. She hated to come in and disturb whatever thoughts were running through Pikestar's head, but she had a bit more than just a few questions. She had to offer him her help. The dark-furred tom needed a lot of help, especially with being the only one to run the Clan and dealing with all the deaths that have happened recently.

"I apologize for coming in so shortly after the meeting, but something you said about the territory piqued my interest..." she dipped her head before continuing. "You said you would like to expand RiverClan's territory, but with rogues being an issue right now, it would be put on hold. How... how much would our territory be expanding? Do you know where we'd be expanding to?"

Reedwhisker could understand if Pikestar had no idea where they'd be expanding to, but the last time they had tried expanding, both he and Skystar led a patrol to expand territory, but it never went as planned with Skystar's untimely death. After giving her leader a moment to answer, she went ahead with her third question.

"And since there have been so many attacks recently, I just wanted to see how you were holding up. I can help you with whatever you need to be done, given that you seem to be having a hard time lately."

There. Perhaps she could unload a couple of things off of Pikestar's mind. Lynxfall, his mate, and their kit(s?) were dead; Sproutkit and Weedkit were dead; among the stress of this coming leaf-bare; ceremonies; and meetings. That was a lot to take on for any cat, so Reedwhisker wished to simply lessen the burden for her leader. Being a warrior, her duty was to serve her leader and assist her Clanmates and keep them safe, so that's what she would do. Or... try to do.
Perhaps it was a good thing that someone came along to direct his thoughts to important matters rather than allow his mind to think freely these days. Pikestar shook his head in slight dismissal as Reedwhisker apologized for popping in so soon. “You’re fine, I’d rather you come talk to me as soon as possible rather than wait until the last possible second.” Because stars above, he sure tended to do that a lot these days, didn’t he? His long ears twitched to her questions regarding his mentions of expanding the territory of RiverClan. “Ah, well, right now I’m not sure. I haven’t put much thought into it since I’ve had so much of my focus put towards the recent rogue attacks.” The tall dark-furred tomcat answered honestly, his tail tip twitching back and forth as he spoke, “Some cats have come to me and mentioned certain areas that seem to be outsider land could be used for our clan’s advantage, but I haven’t spared a moment to check them out myself. I’ve been thinking of checking out some areas out near Lionsbeach to see if anything looked promising.” He answered quickly and bluntly, sparing no detail to Reedwhisker. Why would Pikestar need to hide any of that?

“I don’t plan on seeking out territory as far out as Skystar had attempted all those moons ago.” Pikestar added, deciding that it was fair enough to note. The conversation would soon shift towards the RiverClan leader himself, which caught the tomcat slightly off-guard. Not in a bad way, of course. There just hadn’t been many that had taken the time to check in on him. At first, he genuinely didn’t know how to answer such a question. “I’m…” They started, though there were a few seconds where they scrambled to find the right words to use, “...alive. And I’m doing my very best to make sure RiverClan sees through all this, despite everything.” It was no surprise that he was tired, he was stressed, he was overwhelmed. He had no deputy and Fawnpaw was still just a child, so in a sense, Pikestar felt like all the weight of his clan was on his shoulders alone. “If you wish to help me, I ask you to keep the peace within our ranks. The last thing I want is for us to lose ourselves amongst all this death and despair.” What more could he say? Or ask for? Anything else felt like too much to ask of Reedwhisker. “Please do what you can to keep your clanmates safe. And happy.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post

Otterfluff
His plan, when Pikestar had called them in, was to speak and inform him of what had happened. He had even opened his mouth to do so. But before he could speak, Bluepaw was rambling on about what had happened. Irritation stabbed Otterfluff as his blue gaze shot a pointed look at the young tom. Though it was not his place to reprimand such behavior, so the tall brown tom let it go for now.

"There were two rogues," he corrected, not sure where Bluepaw had gotten three. Perhaps being almost kidnapped had warped his senses. "They were trying to steal Bluepaw it seemed when I arrived, alongside Featherspirit and Fogcloud who came to help. Foampaw and Birdpaw were in there too, as was Slumberpaw. No one was hurt as far as I am aware, and the rogues ran off once they realized they were outnumbered. Featherspirit followed them but found that they had left the territory."

A rather short and sweet report, thankfully with a rather happy ending - if the trauma given to Bluepaw and the other apprentices was ignored. Otterfluff had decided to forgo telling Pikestar of the injury he had sustained on his side while defending Foampaw, as it was already healing and wasn't all that deep.

[ Crystal, next time if we could stick to the posting order that would help me greatly! ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal The Crystal Cat View Post

// Bluepaw | He|His|Him | RiverClan Apprentice \\

/ I'm so sorry! \

Bluepaw looked down sadly, thinking about what else he may have messed up. I always get in trouble with others... He thought sadly.
With the two tomcats now present within his den, the tall RiverClan leader’s partial gaze looked to Otterfluff first, but to his surprise, it would be young Bluepaw that would start this whole conversation. He looked down at the white-furred apprentice with small frown, but said nothing as he listened to him certainly try to explain all this. Once Bluepaw was finished, giving the ex-shield a chance to speak now, Pikestar lifted his muzzle to look at Otterfluff. Not surprisingly, the dark brown-furred tom seemed a tad upset by Bluepaw’s behavior, but the RiverClan said nothing and only kept on listening to the explanation. Once both cats had given their side of the story, the long-furred oriental would utter a low sigh and take a moment to assess how they’d go about this from here. A few brief moments of silence passed between the three cats before Pikestar would speak.

“First of all,” He would begin, looking to his apprentice, “I know you are close to your warrior ceremony, Bluepaw, and you are getting to an age where your clanmates will no longer need to treat you like a child, but I do expect you to show more respect towards those older than you.” There was a bit of sternness in the clan leader’s tone, but he waved his paw as a gesture of wishing to move on. Pikestar looked at Otterfluff and gave the warrior an approving nod of his head. “But more importantly, I am thankful for you, Featherspirit and Fogcloud for coming to the aid of Bluepaw, Foampaw, Birdpaw and Slumberpaw. It’s a miracle that everyone came out of this alive.” He hummed, wondering what to do now. “...I will look into sending out more border patrols and strengthening our camp’s walls in the future to ensure we do not have this happen again. Thank you both for your time and cooperation.” The RiverClan leader turned away from Bluepaw and Otterfluff to look elsewhere. “Bluepaw, we will start your assessment tomorrow morning most likely. Be ready.” And with that being said, he swished his bushy tail as a silent gesture for them both to leave his den so that he could attend to other matters. He needed to be alone right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

The shield fluffed his fur as he came up to the leader's den, a strange habit he'd developed since the colder days had come. And a cold day it was, unlike before. The chill in the morning had been a warning to that. Still, the tabby felt unprepared for the coming leaf-bare. It felt as though his tail might freeze off should it continue this way, something he wasn't exactly partial to, though at least it was unrealistic as well (he hoped). Whilst on the topic of leafbare, that happened to be one among two reasons for his wanting to see Pikestar. He'd intended to get to this before, but clearly other - less avoidable - matters had taken place. Slatewhisker's death had come as unexpected to most, still it was yet another show of the problem outsiders posed at the moment, thus the second reason for his presence. The camp could use stronger walls, a less obvious entrance; he'd hope the dark furred leader would agree with him. Halting in front of the actual den's entrance, Gingerfrost took a moment to listen whether anyone else was inside at the moment, a small act of politeness.
"Pikestar?"
He muttered a call upon judging the leader was likely without company, awaiting outside for permission to enter.

[ @canineantics ]

On this particular morning in RiverClan, everything seemed quieter than usual with the air being colder than usual as it swept through the dens and sending a chill up the spines of every cat that was present. It was both calming and eerie to Pikestar in a weird way, but it was better than dealing with anything else at the moment. Currently, the tall dark-furred tomcat was finally attempting to groom his fur. These days, he often forgot to take care of himself, too busy with everything else, so stuff like cleaning his pelt and eating a piece of prey regularly seemed out of the question. Drawing his rough tongue over his fluffy chest in quick sessions of licks, Pikestar tried his very best in smoothing down the unkept strands of dark-grey hair. However, his long ears would perk up and he’d raise his head, a small bit of his tongue still sticking out his mouth, once he heard his name called in a familiar muttered voice: Gingerfrost. Ah, perfect timing. It was always a pleasure to talk with the young tom.

Pausing his grooming session, he’d clear his throat and shuffle his paws a moment before answering. “Come in.” He would quickly answer as he rested his tail over his front paws, “Good morning to you, Gingerfrost. What brings you to my den today?” There was no doubt that the shield had important matters to discuss on this fateful chilly morning. Well, lucky for Gingerfrost, so did Pikestar. But his topics could wait. Now, he only desired to hear what his clanmate wished to tell him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky sky View Post
silverpaw
The silver apprentice jumped as her leader responded, before padding into his den. It was spacious, and she wondered distantly if she would ever end up here. With a shake of her head and a twitch of her tail, the molly sat herself from her leader. Her amber eyes flicked anxiously, and she felt
a butterfly of panic rise in her throat. If she couldn't even make this decision, could they?

Silverpaw cleared her throat before speaking. "Uh, yes sir. That's correct. Uhm.. I was actually in a slight predicament." She swallowed nervously. "And I know you're the one who typically decides on what an apprentices warrior name will be but, I have a few ideas. You'll have final say obviously, but these are just ideas." A breathe. "As you know, my mother passed away two moons now, I believe, and one of the ideas I had was Silverlily for her. Another idea I had was Silversky. The last idea I had was Silverhawk." She realised she was staring at her paws, and forced herself to look up. "And, whatever you decide, could you keep it a surprise for me? I don't want to know until my ceremony, please."

As the young apprentice entered his den, the tall long-furred clan leader dipped his head in a respectful greeting to her as she promptly sat down in front of him. She appeared nervous, which made Pikestar tilt his head slightly, but he didn’t say anything and was simply patient as he waited for Silverpaw to find her words. He blinked at her calling him ‘sir’ again but nodded understandably as the RiverClan molly explained that she was conflicted with something. Pikestar didn’t interrupt her, not even once, as Silverpaw told him about her difficulties in choosing a warrior name. Silverlily, Silversky, or even Silverhawk. Hm. “Those are all very good ideas, Silverpaw,” The RiverClan tomcat reassured her with a warm smile, “And of course, I can pick one of those for you when it’s time for your ceremony. You won’t hear a word of it until then from me. I promise you that, okay?” There was a kindness in the usually exhausted, overwhelmed oriental’s tone. He shifted his weight slightly as he changed topic. “Now then, is there anything that you’d like to discuss with me today? I’m always here for you if you ever need someone to talk to.” In a way, Pikestar felt like his words were somewhat… parental-sounding, but that didn’t really matter too much. He cared about his clanmates. That’s all. Totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
// @canineantics

>Bluebellcrackle<

She had explained the whole situation to Fawnpaw already and now she stood outside Pikestar's den, just to the side and out of sight as she debated exactly how to go about this. This was probably going to be as nerve-wracking as speaking to Fawnpaw had been; she'd made a promise to him that day on the beach, when he was still Snowleap, that she'd never leave RiverClan until she saw him standing where Skystar stood.

She guess that had turned out truer than she thought it would have.

Hesitation never did anyone any good. Bluebellcrackle carefully molded her expression into something neutral and poked her head around the den's entrance. "Pikestar, there is something I would like to speak to you about."
For the first time in awhile, the tall RiverClan leader was allowing himself to enjoy one of his favorite pastimes: sunbathing. It was honestly a miracle within itself that it was such a clear sunny day while being this late into leaf-fall, but Pikestar wouldn’t dare waste such a second of it. Golden rays of sunlight had allowed themselves to invade his den, so the dark-furred oriental tom was currently sprawled out across his den floor, blanketed by a patch of warmth. He stretched out all four of his long limbs as a huge yawn escaped his parted jaws. Within this moment of quiet peace, Pikestar just relaxed his body, shooing away all thoughts of stress and dreariness. Maybe he was lazy and ignorant for doing such a thing, but he honestly really needed to.

However, moments like these were ever so fleeting, especially while being a busy clan leader. His ears perked up to the sound of his name being called and he turned his head towards the mouth of his den. “Ah, Bluebellcrackle, my friend.” Pikestar remarked, waving a paw invitingly, “Come in, come in.” From there, the tall long-furred tomcat flipped onto his stomach and heaved himself into a sitting position. He drew his tongue over his bushy chest fur a few times to look somewhat presentable in front of his shield before looking to the she-cat with a curious look, whiskers twitching. “What’s on your mind, hm?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

Slatestripe quietly poked his head inside Pikestar’s den. The warrior was uncertain if now was a good time to speak with him, but he wasn’t sure how else to find out aside from just walking in and asking. He’d been ruminating on an idea or two for quite some time now, and wanted to run them by the RiverClan leader.

“Pikestar?” he called. “May I come in to speak with you about an idea or two I’ve got?”

( @canineantics )
The tall oriental longhair’s ears perked up and swiveled towards the mouth of his den as a familiar voice called out to him. “Yes, Slatestripe, you may come in.” Pikestar responded casually, sitting up slowly in his soft moss nest, “It’s always a pleasure to hear what ideas everyone has to improve RiverClan’s way of life.” He mentioned that genuinely, though mostly to himself. The RiverClan leader was more than thankful that his clanmates were willing to talk with him about what they wanted, rather than expecting him to just go and assume everything. He wrapped his tail around his paws and turned his partial gaze to rest on the warrior, awaiting for Slatestripe to speak his mind. "What ideas have you got for me today?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonGoddess View Post
@canineantics
the kit shook his head, for he had no name...
"i'm going to call him Hollykit" Soupatch purred "thank you Pikestar"
“Hollykit.” Pikestar repeated the name as Sourpatch told him, “Well, I think that’s a lovely title for our new clanmate.” He smiled warmly at both the young tom and the molly who stood before the RiverClan leader. He was thankful, despite all the awful things that had transpired within the clan lately, that at the very least, they could welcome a new kitten into their camp. “Run along, and get him settled into the nursery, won’t you? I bet there will be many young RiverClan kits who will welcome their new playmate.” Pikestar meowed happily, gently dismissing the two cats from his den, “Let me know if you need help with anything in the future, young Hollykit. Welcome to RiverClan.”

Last edited by Captain; October 30th, 2022 at 03:37 PM.
Old October 26th, 2022, 07:10 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Reedwhisker nodded in understanding and agreement. With the rogue attacks happening and all the death, it did seem to take up a lot of room in everyone's minds. Even her own every once in a while. She remained silent, listening to Pikestar ( @canineantics ) as he spoke about the territorial expansion. Land out near Lionsbeach seemed to be a little out of the way and perhaps even a little difficult to traverse for apprentices, but it would certainly provide protection for RiverClan if they ever needed to evacuate in case of an emergency. The warrior hummed thoughtfully at this. It would certainly help the entire Clan.

"Lionsbeach is near a cliff. It could be a little dangerous for apprentices if they aren't careful, but land up there would provide plenty of protection for RiverClan if an emergency were to happen," she commented. "Perhaps we could try checking it out in Greenleaf."

Quite frankly, the brown warrior was glad to hear Pikestar wouldn't try to go out as far as Skystar had when he was looking to expand the territory. The one good decision Skystar made was appointing Pikestar as deputy. "To be honest, I don't think anyone would have liked to walk so far just to get to another part of our territory," she chuckled, attempting to lighten her leader's mood.

Her brows furrowed when she finally heard Pikestar's response to how he was. Alive? That simply means he needs a lot of help and the Clan hasn't been very graceful in that aspect. And, like the dark gray tom had said, he was trying his best to see the Clan through all its trials and tribulations. "That's all we can do," she murmured. She kept quiet after her short statement, listening to her leader as he went on to explain how he felt. But what Pikestar said was not what Reedwhisker had expected.

"Peace within the ranks?" at first, she wanted to make sure she heard correctly, but she soon realized that what he had requested of her was what a shield did. Although she wanted to ask more questions, Reedwhisker figured he'd explain it during the next Clan meeting and get her answers then. "Of course. Yes, I'll help in any way I can."

There seemed to be a lot of peace between everyone at the moment, but Hollowstorm was one she'd have to keep an eye out for because he seemed to get arguments started between warriors. Other than that, everyone was relatively peaceful... aside from the small scuffles apprentices and kits had on occasion. Safe and happy. Got it.

"You can count on me, Pikestar," the she-cat gave a firm nod. "Is there anything else you needed help with?"
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!

Last edited by SpiritedWarrior; October 26th, 2022 at 07:10 PM.
Old October 27th, 2022, 11:59 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Sunstone, who quickly beelined it from the medicine den to the Pikestar's den, made sure to slow his pace before entering the den. The large warrior cautiously lowered his orange head so he could poke it inside, amber eyes rounding on his leader. "Pikestar," His voice boomed, "So sorry to intrude, but..." He paused, not for dramatic effect, but to catch his breath. He hadn't moved this fast in moons (and at his size it was extremely difficult). "Fawnpaw is missing. Her scent is very faint in the medicine den...but there are no signs of a struggle. Featherflame and I came to tell you this immediately." He moved over for the speckled molly, who he assumed was right on his tail.

@canineantics @Poprock

Last edited by Doom; October 28th, 2022 at 12:02 AM.
Old October 28th, 2022, 03:23 AM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

@lumina @canineantics
---
Featherflame, who was in front of Sunstone in their mad dash before taking an awkward tumble, did notslow her pace before entering the den. After regaining her footing, she raced to catch up with her fellow warrior. If it wasn't for him moving out of the way she surely would have crashed right into him. Dirt from her tumble flew off her speckled pelt as she skidded to a halt within the leaders den, a cloud of brown now surrounding the three.

"He speaks the truth! Her den was dustier than a sand rock. She has been missing for longer than we realized!" She sneezed after the mention of the dust, not for dramatic effect, but because of allergies. Se hadn't inhaled this much dust in moons (and hopefully wouldn't again). "Let me lead our mightiest warriors on the hunt for our Fawn! I will vanquish any enemy that stands in our way!"
Old October 30th, 2022, 04:49 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Slatestripe whisked into Pikestar’s den at the invitation. This was the first time he’d been in the leader’s den since Pikestar had taken over the Clan. Not much seemed different from what he remembered, but to him that was likely a good thing. Change was good, but so was tradition. In his mind, a leader had to walk a fine balance between both. It was still too early in Pikestar’s leadership for the warrior to tell how he’d approach that particular topic.

“First, I’d like to report on the battle refresher I held a few days after Slatewhisker’s death,” he began, very matter-of-factly. “Everyone who participated did a wonderful job. I especially wish to compliment Bluebellpaw, for her fierce strike. We practiced defending against killing blows, using our environment to help us in a fight, and water combat.

“Second, I want to report that Autumnpaw is doing well in her training. I’ve been helping some of our other apprentices with swimming and hunting, and they are coming along just fine as well. This brings me to my first idea. I feel it would be beneficial for all warrior apprentices to receive basic first aid training as part of their regular training regimen. I believe this would help ease the pressure on Fawnpaw, since it would reduce the number of cats coming to her for trivial reasons. Further, we could also take this opportunity to educate apprentices on the dangers of certain herbs, like deathberries and water hemlock. Since Fawnpaw already has a lot on her, if we were to implement this idea we could have Marigoldleap handle the training. Or, they could do it together.”

He paused then, unsure if he should also voice his second idea at that point. He figured it would be best to let Pikestar think about one at a time. He hoped his approach was okay; he felt a little like a deputy or a shield in the way he was reporting, but that’s just what felt proper.

( @canineantics )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old October 30th, 2022, 05:23 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucky View Post
Beastgrowl ducked into the den. It was the morning after Nightpaws strange death, and Birdpaw's words still rang in his head, about Flickerpaw, and her insinuation about not feeling safe stung. He wanted RiverClan's youth to feel safe in camp, but with all the child casualties recently, he didn't blame her.

Pikestar? I heard some concerning things earlier... from one of the apprentices, Birdpaw. She mentioned something about Flickerpaw being hurt and missing, which I thought you should be aware of. And I think a lot of our youth doesn't seem to feel safe anymore... I think that there needs to be an update on the rules concerning kits and apprentice's, at least temporarily, until the child deaths stop happening. RiverClan has a life preservation problem currently, and we need policies to try and prevent that.

The tom's scarred face, for once, was confident as he stared at his leader. But then, his voice softened. Our kids need to feel safe again.

@canineantics
Towards the back of the RiverClan leader’s den, Pikestar was curled up in his soft moss nest, snoozing comfortably with his bushy tail rested over his nose. It was around mid-to-late morning at this point, so according to the oriental tom’s usual schedule, this could probably be classified as his own way of sleeping in. However, with the surplus of sleepless nights he had been suffering through for the past moon, it was in his best interest to get as much sleep as he could allow himself to have. The vast majority of RiverClan would also be pleased to know that Pikestar was slowly starting to take care of himself again. Although, in a few mere moments, the dark-furred tomcat’s slumber would come to be very rudely interrupted by one of his warriors just strolling into his den, completely unannounced.

As soon as Beastgrowl uttered his name, the long-furred oriental’s single eye sprung open, his partial gaze immediately narrowing. They would slowly lift their head and turn to look at their rude clanmate, who wasted no time whatsoever rambling about the safety of the youth within RiverClan. Pikestar said nothing, only stared at Beastgrowl, as he lifted himself into a sitting position. The more the scarred tomcat spoke, the more irritated the clan leader became, anger slowly bubbling underneath his skin. His expression turned into a slightly twisted smile: one that held a very immense amount of temper behind it. Honestly, it was a goddamn miracle that Pikestar didn’t snap right then and there. However, he waited, ever so patiently, for the RiverClan warrior to finish his little speech.

Once he was finished, Pikestar closed his eye for a moment and exhaled a soft sigh before reopening it, staring right back at dark brown tom with a very eerie, somewhat terrifying, calmness. “First of all.” He said quietly, pausing for a few second before continuing, “Don’t you ever just walk into my den. You wait outside. State your business. And come in when I say so. The rest of RiverClan knows better than to just enter my private space without warning, and you, Beastgrowl, should be no different.” Despite everything, his tone was smooth, calm, a bit too calm, but it still held an almost deadly venom behind it. Pikestar had dealt with enough foxdung from cats both inside and outside of RiverClan, and he had finally begun to be tired of being walked all over. “Secondly,” He remarked, his voice losing the calmness as an angry growl rumbled in the base of his throat, “You certainly have a lot of nerve, coming in here like you own the place, and preach to my face about the safety of our youths. It’s funny how you mention an update on the rules within RiverClan because I had brought up the exact topic at our last clan meeting—but oh wait! You weren’t present at that meeting, were you? The oriental tomcat stood up, his hackles rising as his tall ears immediately went back to lay flat against his head, as the clan leader loomed over Beastgrowl. He was done being nice. He was done with dealing with this crap. No more nice clan leader.

“Allow me to refresh you.” He hissed coldly, not tearing his gaze away from the warrior, “I have made sure guards are placed both at the nursery’s entrance and the camp’s entrance. I have ordered that every apprentice is not to leave camp unless two fully-grown warriors are present with them. I have been out there—EVERY SINGLE DAY—patrolling all of those borders and making sure our clan’s territory is safe.” Pikestar practically snapped the words, allowing all of his bottled-up anger to unleash, “If Birdpaw, my own daughter, doesn’t feel safe enough to come to me and voice her concerns, then that is not my fault. I am not a mind reader. I can’t be everywhere at once. I am just one single cat trying to make sure RiverClan doesn’t collapse in on itself. Don’t you DARE come to me and talk to me like I don’t care about the well-being of my clan. I have been pulling my weight. I have been working my goddamn ass off, even after I watched my son get slaughtered by a hawk, even after I had to pull my mate and daughter’s bodies from the river, even after I lost my own deputy.” The RiverClan leader snarled every single word, finally having enough of cats thinking he was just sitting around and doing nothing, “I have been doing everything in my power to keep our kids safe. And if you think otherwise, then I don’t know what else to do to prove myself. I have finally accepted that no matter what I do, how matter how hard I work, I will never be enough. I'm done trying to please everyone.”

And with that, Pikestar turned away from Beastgrowl and sat down, huffing irritably. “Get out of my den. Now.
Old October 30th, 2022, 05:48 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Otterfluff
It seemed as though plans were in place to strengthen RiverClan, to which Otterfluff found that he could get behind. He gave a dip of his head in acknowledgement of the praise offered by Pikestar, but said nothing in return of it. "Let me know if there is any way I can be of assistance," the tall brown tom offered before turning and exiting the den. He tossed Bluepaw one last look, a nod going in his direction as a sign of pride that the tom was growing close to his warrior ceremony, before his tail swished behind him as he left.

[ @canineantics @Crystal The Crystal Cat - Just wrapping this up! ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old October 30th, 2022, 05:58 PM

My Mood: Inspired

The leader seemed quite annoyed to be interrupted, but that was the last thing that Beastgrowl cared about. Seemed quite the opposit to Pikestar actually. I would think that something as important as this would be more of a priority than your nap is, but maybe I'm wrong. The tabby fellow frowned at Pikestar, annoyed with how selfish this cat was.

If those rules you put in place at the last meeting were so great, why was Nightpaw laying dead in our clearing last night? Oh, you wouldn't know would you since you never even showed up. As the leader loomed over him, the time rose to his full height. Your rules were obviously not enough if both Hawkpaw and Nightpaw left last night alone.

A startled look overcame his scarred face as Pikestar mentioned Birdpaw being his daughter. Oh, so this was the dad that Birdpaw had mentioned missing. Well maybe if you were more of a father, your daughter would feel safer coming to talk to you. She was crying out for you last night and mentioned missing you when I comforted her. It is your fault. He thought again of the crying apprentice he had held in his arms the night before, and felt a wave of anger.

Did you not hear anything about what I said about Flickerpaw? When I first came in to this den, I wasn't coming with the intent to insult you. I needed to tell you about my thoughts on the deaths lately, but obviously your pride means more to you than the opinions of your cats and the lives of the apprentices. Or maybe not, but that's what it seems like. I know losing cats is hard, trust me, but from what I've seen, you've been making the lived ones you have left feel like crap, and your clan is falling apart because you're doing nothing. And now you're kicking me out because I've told you the truth and your ego can't take it.

He would leave, but Beastgrowl stayed because he needed to know that his leader heard it.
@canineantics

Last edited by elucky; October 30th, 2022 at 05:59 PM.
Old October 30th, 2022, 06:01 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post
Otterfluff
It seemed as though plans were in place to strengthen RiverClan, to which Otterfluff found that he could get behind. He gave a dip of his head in acknowledgement of the praise offered by Pikestar, but said nothing in return of it. "Let me know if there is any way I can be of assistance," the tall brown tom offered before turning and exiting the den. He tossed Bluepaw one last look, a nod going in his direction as a sign of pride that the tom was growing close to his warrior ceremony, before his tail swished behind him as he left.

[ @canineantics @Crystal The Crystal Cat - Just wrapping this up! ]

// Bluepaw | He|His|Him | RiverClan Apprentice \\

// @canineantics \\

Bluepaw smiled with pride and walked out of the den with no other words.

tiger or blue back?

◺--------------◿
Closed Thread