WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by RamenThePigeon
Today 01:18 PM

Old March 15th, 2021, 09:56 AM
A good song in your heart

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Firefly Cove

Echosong walked into the middle of firefly cove and sat down in a nice patch of yellow wildflowers,they bobbed their heads and filled the air with their sweet scent.The setting sun cast long shadows over the ground and painted the sky with vibrant hues of orange,yellow,and red.The stars were already coming out,twinkling like diamonds in the sky.Small insects sprung themselves into the air,the light in the hollow made them look like tinny specks,and a butterfly flapped lazily overhead.With all of this Echosong started to fell sleepy,her eye lids drooped,and then closed.Soon she was fast asleep as twilight fell over the forest.

(OPEN TO RP WITH ON THIS ONE)

“You have never been wrong before Spottedleaf,” she meowed. “If StarClan has spoken, then it must be so. Fire will save our Clan.”-Into the wild
“It’s over,”.... She squared her
shoulders and turned her face to the rising sun. “It’s over, and peace has come"-Sunset

Last edited by Twilight Wing; March 30th, 2021 at 11:45 AM.
Old April 6th, 2021, 12:30 AM
chirps

Excitement followed every step that Sunchaser made. The golden tabby was happy and looking forward to the rest of the day for once. Who knew his apprentice would have an affinity for flowers just like he did? As much as he despised Buckstar for sticking him with training a little furball, he had to admit it was nice to have someone to share his plant passion with outside of his brother.

"Okay! So since it's newleaf, there should be plenty of new buds springing up! There's a clump over here full of pretty yellow ones... Dandelions, I think they're called. Follow me!" With a wave of his tail Sunchaser bounded through the meadow, the dying sun casting its last rays across the field. As he neared the patch, he stopped to pluck one, turning to Fizzlepaw with a lopsided grin. "Hefre," he mumbled around the stem, stepping forward and tucking it behind Fizzlepaw's ear. "Flowers have healing and good energy in them. If you surround yourself with them, you'll absorb it!"

// @Angelique
Old May 6th, 2021, 02:40 PM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Sunhowl found himself at firefly cove. It was beautiful... just like she’d been... her... and... great Starclan... he didn’t like this... Bunnyhop..... Bunnyhop was right. He stopped dead center of the area and sat down. He felt the tears begin to pick at the edge of his vision as everything was drowned out by his own thoughts.

Are you good enough? You didn’t used to be. Can you serve your clan? You’re cruel. You are so dumb. You can’t help them. You’re useless. Your worthless. don’t feel anything. Tom-cats don’t feel anything. Don’t feel. DONT FEEL!!!
DONT FEEL!!!

The thoughts raged wars within him as he sunk down to the ground and wept. There was nothing else he could do. He couldn’t make it back to camp like this, him muscles felt like a dead rats tail, useless. He just lay there, spread out like a dead eagle, waiting for someone to come save him.

but Bunnyhop was right

he was alone

[Closed for rp]

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.

Last edited by BEAR.; December 6th, 2021 at 01:41 AM.
Old May 10th, 2021, 12:15 PM
welcome to the garden

My Mood: Bashful

|| @spade ; @AntiAngelic ||

Flutterpaw bounced along by the side of her mentor and Sunchaser, oblivious to any anxieties. She was still getting used to the range of the territory and was amazed anew every time she happened upon a new nook or cranny. Today was no exception. She'd been to Firefly Cove before, once, but today it seemed alive with blooming blossoms and buzzing bees. Marigold and poppy seeds, she repeated carefully in her head. No memory loss would get in the way of today. She had to impress her mentor- it was her very first patrol.

Eagerly, she spied a cheerful yellow flower on the edge of the meadow. "Is this marigold?" she blurted before she caught a whiff of the petals and slumped with disappointment. She recognized it as mustard, something Blackheart had shown her long ago. So not marigold. Instantly the field seemed terrifically huge... how would they ever find what they needed?

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site
Old May 10th, 2021, 12:26 PM
★𓊈𒆜ᴘꜱʏᴄʜᴏ𒆜𓊉★

My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
|| @spade ; @AntiAngelic ||

Flutterpaw bounced along by the side of her mentor and Sunchaser, oblivious to any anxieties. She was still getting used to the range of the territory and was amazed anew every time she happened upon a new nook or cranny. Today was no exception. She'd been to Firefly Cove before, once, but today it seemed alive with blooming blossoms and buzzing bees. Marigold and poppy seeds, she repeated carefully in her head. No memory loss would get in the way of today. She had to impress her mentor- it was her very first patrol.

Eagerly, she spied a cheerful yellow flower on the edge of the meadow. "Is this marigold?" she blurted before she caught a whiff of the petals and slumped with disappointment. She recognized it as mustard, something Blackheart had shown her long ago. So not marigold. Instantly the field seemed terrifically huge... how would they ever find what they needed?

Sunnydew followed slowly, padding around and sniffing. Marigold had a distinct smell to it, but poppy flower? I mean, it had the name 'flower' in it, and all flowers had a smell, but poppy seeds themselves didn't smell like anything to her. She'd have to look long and hard for those red ones. She stepped next to Flutterpaw and saw her slouch. The Apprentice looked upset, so Sunnydew drew her tail onto her shoulder and mewed; "We can keep looking. Come on, cheer up!" She hoped the soft smile she gave made the Apprentice just a bit more hopeful.

"INFERIOR."
|| Character storage/finder ||
|| Interaction finder/tracker ||
|| Bump me whenever! ||
"Hate the character, not the user."
Old May 16th, 2021, 10:55 AM
chirps

[ So sorry this is late! ^^ ]

The two cats had gone ahead without him, making conversation and enjoying each others company. Meanwhile, Sunchaser hung back, purposefully removing himself from the group for the fear that they didn't want him there. Why would they? He was the "flower freak" of ThunderClan, the big dumb idiot. The only cat who possibly had a chance at understanding him outside of his brother had left to join... RiverClan. A thorn of grief pierced his heart as he wondered what was happening to Fizzlepaw over on enemy territory. Were they treating him alright? He sure hoped so...

With his paws reaching the edge of the cove, Sunchaser stopped to suck in a breath. It seemed that Flutterpaw and Sunnydew were off in the own world, so the golden tabby set to work sniffing through the flowers. He knew what marigold smelled like, and made quick work of weaving through the tall grass and springy flowers until he came to a patch of round, yellow buds popping out of the ground. There were only three stems, the rest had been trampled down by a stampede of paws. Reckless Clanmates, those were potentially life-saving herbs! "Three will do," he breathed as he carefully plucked the bundle from the ground, lifting his head and searching for the poppy seed flower now. Maybe they were having better luck? Swiveling his head in the direction of Sunnydew and Flutterpaw, he watched him, unsure if he should call out or not.

// @AntiAngelic @Snook
Old May 16th, 2021, 11:30 AM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Sunhowl was vaguely annoyed but at what he wasn’t sure. That no patrols were really coming back or that he was hungry and hadn’t eaten in a while. Probably both. Either way this was no time to be angry. “Alright, right now we’re looking for Tandy and daisy.” He remembered Cricketpaw had said they were plentiful here. He fully intended on sending one of these two to get honest as well. Should they get stung... well... they should hope they got the honey. “Tansy You’ll recognize it by the bright, round yellow buds. Daisy is a white flower with a yellow center.” He mewed before moving off to find some herbs.

@Starfall @Rxmulus @OhZeeWolf (well do a couple posts of them finding these herbs. He’ll send spider back with this batch and the he and Smoulder will head to the twoleg place to get other things.)

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.

Last edited by Exis; May 16th, 2021 at 01:23 PM.
Old May 16th, 2021, 12:46 PM
welcome to the garden

My Mood: Bashful

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade View Post
[ So sorry this is late! ^^ ]

The two cats had gone ahead without him, making conversation and enjoying each others company. Meanwhile, Sunchaser hung back, purposefully removing himself from the group for the fear that they didn't want him there. Why would they? He was the "flower freak" of ThunderClan, the big dumb idiot. The only cat who possibly had a chance at understanding him outside of his brother had left to join... RiverClan. A thorn of grief pierced his heart as he wondered what was happening to Fizzlepaw over on enemy territory. Were they treating him alright? He sure hoped so...

With his paws reaching the edge of the cove, Sunchaser stopped to suck in a breath. It seemed that Flutterpaw and Sunnydew were off in the own world, so the golden tabby set to work sniffing through the flowers. He knew what marigold smelled like, and made quick work of weaving through the tall grass and springy flowers until he came to a patch of round, yellow buds popping out of the ground. There were only three stems, the rest had been trampled down by a stampede of paws. Reckless Clanmates, those were potentially life-saving herbs! "Three will do," he breathed as he carefully plucked the bundle from the ground, lifting his head and searching for the poppy seed flower now. Maybe they were having better luck? Swiveling his head in the direction of Sunnydew and Flutterpaw, he watched him, unsure if he should call out or not.

// @AntiAngelic @Snook
[No worries, Spade! ^^]

|| @AntiAngelic ||

Flutterpaw was too preoccupied to notice Sunchaser's find, but in the meantime, she had made her own discovery. Red flowers red flowers red flowers, she reiterated in her head, and, determined to contribute to the patrol, waved an apologetic tail at Sunnydew and cantered off at a brisk pace, attempting to patrol the clearing in a final scan for any bright flowers.

She had nearly made a full round when she finally spotted it. A huge vermillion blossom that was recognizable by the cluster of small dark seeds in its inner ring, standing proud near a sunny patch of the meadow. "Found it!" she yowled eagerly, bending down to hastily tear off the flower by its stem before remembering to be gentle, and plucking it up at its base. She collected a couple more and trotted back, proud, to the rest of the patrol. "I know this is poppy for sure, " she informed them a bit priggishly. "I recognize the seeds!"

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site

Last edited by crumbl; May 16th, 2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old May 16th, 2021, 01:39 PM
Powerhouse of the Cell

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exis View Post
Sunhowl was vaguely annoyed but at what he wasn’t sure. That no patrols were really coming back or that he was hungry and hadn’t eaten in a while. Probably both. Either way this was no time to be angry. “Alright, right now we’re looking for Tandy and daisy.” He remembered Cricketpaw had said they were plentiful here. He fully intended on sending one of these two to get honest as well. Should they get stung... well... they should hope they got the honey. “Tansy You’ll recognize it by the bright, round yellow buds. Daisy is a white flower with a yellow center.” He mewed before moving off to find some herbs.

@Starfall @Rxmulus @OhZeeWolf (well do a couple posts of them finding these herbs. He’ll send spider back with this batch and the he and Smoulder will head to the twoleg place to get other things.)

@Exis @Starfall @Rxmulus

Whitewolf had no idea what tansy looked like. Luckily, she recalled daisies from her kithood. So she decided to collect as many of those as she could since she didn't want to accidentally mix up the tansy with anything poisonous.

Well...she thought she knew what daisies looked like. But when she approached a mound of flowers, there were versions with yellow petals and white centers and some with white petals and yellow centers. Ugh. What had Sunhowl said again?

A white flower with a yellow center.

Right. Well, Whitewolf didn't know everything, but at least she'd managed to pay attention. She picked as many of the daisies as she could and took her time to make sure they were all fresh and correct.
Old May 16th, 2021, 01:54 PM
s

My Mood: Cheeky

Smoulderscar lifted his gaze to the green ground before them. Plants were in blossom well enough for them to find herbs, the smell of budding leaves tingled his singed nose.

One tansy. One daisy. Another tansy, another daisy. Finally, with mouth full of vegetation and his tongue tingling from the herbs, he picked up a final tansy and came back to Sunhowl.

"So... out of curiosity- what would you use for muscle pain?"

He meowed once the plants were lowered in a bundle near the fiery flamed feline. Was the question obscure enough? Casual?

"I'd like to know, incase I push Flarepaw too hard. No point having them go running to you if I could supply them with a simple remedy myself,"

He practically scoffed. All his life Smoulderscar had learn to avoid being a nuisance- he didn't want the anixety of annoying cats to pass to his own apprentice. Besides, it did well to be independent.

| @Exis @/Starfall @/OhZesWolf not mentioning bc it didn't interact with your cats and no doubt you'll see this anyway lol |

please bump me constantly | Dealing with ADHD & Dyslexia.

larkfires best friend
xaviers' ideas bank