by dino.
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 01:53 PM

Old August 12th, 2021, 09:16 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: The Weeping Tree

Aspenstrike had no one to talk to, or interact with, so she watched the kits scamper about, sticking their noses into places they shouldn't and squeaking with the utter joy and excitement of freedom. Whitewolf definitely knew how to make the kittens happy, but they would almost certainly wander off, so the Abyssinian perched herself on a small boulder on the edge of the perimeter, and watched all the kits.

They wouldn't get lost on her watch, she'd drag them back by their tails if they got too far away.

Maybe she should be helping to gather herbs, and she would.... eventually. The kits were unpredicable, and there were already lots of cats out looking for herbs. She could come back once the kits were safe back at camp, and gather her share of the herbs.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old August 12th, 2021, 01:08 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

@Zee

Blueberrykit ducked her head slightly. It wasn’t her best move, but it probably taught Fernpaw a lesson. At least Whitewolf didn’t know what she did to Albatrosspaw. She wasn’t going to mention the mouse filled with thorns for him to bite into. She didn’t need to know that. She lashed her tail as she began to search for cobwebs. She spotted one and carefully pulled it up sticking it to her her leg so she could bring it back, they seemed so delicate and breakable.

(+1 cobweb)

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old August 16th, 2021, 09:06 PM

My Mood: Sleepy

@Bearheart

Juniperclaw stretched out beneath the tree, relaxing. It was quieter here than it had been in the clearing where ThunderClan seemed to make its main camp, and it was nice to be able to rest without feeling strung out on nerves, surrounded by so many cats. There were still some people here, moving here and there, but much less than before.

He flexed his claws, considering. Juniperclaw. Weird. He didn't fully understand the naming thing, but it was important to Clan cats- which he was one, now, he couldn't just call them Clan cats like he wasn't one- and it seemed a small price. One that would take a while to get used to. Not necessarily a bad thing.

He relaxed again, laying his head down in the sun. He should talk to these cats, get to know his Clanmates, but the idea made him feel clammy and strangled, words clumsy in his mouth. He could kill other rogues, steal prey from foxes, and fight a badger, but as soon as it came down to actually talking to and working with other cats, he chest went tight with fear.
Old August 16th, 2021, 09:15 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

@tomatosoup

Newtheart stood awkwardly and looking at the fews cats lounging around the tree. His heart was still pounding with excitement at the prospect of living in Thunderclan forever. He glanced around once more, his amber eyes focusing on a dark brown tom. He frowned in thought, he had seen this cat before he thought.

He padded over to the tom and tilted his head, "Hello, I'm Newtheart. Your new too, right?" Newtheart's flicked his tail, feeling a bit anxious. As a kittypet he had never been able to talk with cats, and his interactions with cats in the forest had been limited.
Old August 16th, 2021, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearheart View Post
@tomatosoup

Newtheart stood awkwardly and looking at the fews cats lounging around the tree. His heart was still pounding with excitement at the prospect of living in Thunderclan forever. He glanced around once more, his amber eyes focusing on a dark brown tom. He frowned in thought, he had seen this cat before he thought.

He padded over to the tom and tilted his head, "Hello, I'm Newtheart. Your new too, right?" Newtheart's flicked his tail, feeling a bit anxious. As a kittypet he had never been able to talk with cats, and his interactions with cats in the forest had been limited.

Juniperclaw blinked as an extremely fluffy tom approached, tail twitching. He sat up, quickly, then forced himself to relax. The cat looked friendly. Nervous, but not angry. It was fine. They were- Clanmates.

Juniperclaw did not know how to talk to cats when they weren't trying to chase him off. He had to remind himself that it was fine. He had a place here. This cat wasn't here to fight him.

Newtheart. Oh,he was new too. That... actually helped.

"Yes," Juniperclaw replied. "I'm Juniper-claw," he remembered to add last second. "I just joined a sunrise ago."
Old August 16th, 2021, 09:45 PM
watermeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatosoup View Post
Juniperclaw blinked as an extremely fluffy tom approached, tail twitching. He sat up, quickly, then forced himself to relax. The cat looked friendly. Nervous, but not angry. It was fine. They were- Clanmates.

Juniperclaw did not know how to talk to cats when they weren't trying to chase him off. He had to remind himself that it was fine. He had a place here. This cat wasn't here to fight him.

Newtheart. Oh,he was new too. That... actually helped.

"Yes," Juniperclaw replied. "I'm Juniper-claw," he remembered to add last second. "I just joined a sunrise ago."

Newtheart relaxed a bit, so Juniperclaw was new. "It's so strange here," he commented. It really was strange. His thoughts wandered to his new name, it had changed so much from his first name. He blinked, suddenly remembering he was actually talking to someone.

"Where did you live before Thunderclan?" Newtheart figured that was a good starting question. He glanced at Juniperclaw's scars, briefly pondering where he had gotten them from, then quickly looked away. He could vaguely remember his mother telling him as a kit it wasn't polite to stare at other cats.
Old August 16th, 2021, 09:55 PM

@Bearheart

"It is- strange," Juniperclaw agreed. He didn't know how to articulate how it was strange. He knew what was unfamiliar to him, specifically- the crowd of cats, the teamwork, the cat dedicated entirely to healing, the way they worshiped stars- but he didn't know how much of that was normal to other cats, even cats who were new to the Clan.

The last question made him frown, looking for an easy answer. There wasn't one. "I... was a rogue," he meowed, finally. "So I guess... around. Moving a lot. There's not one place. What about you?"
Old August 16th, 2021, 10:13 PM
watermeon

Quote:
@Bearheart

"It is- strange," Juniperclaw agreed. He didn't know how to articulate how it was strange. He knew what was unfamiliar to him, specifically- the crowd of cats, the teamwork, the cat dedicated entirely to healing, the way they worshiped stars- but he didn't know how much of that was normal to other cats, even cats who were new to the Clan.

The last question made him frown, looking for an easy answer. There wasn't one. "I... was a rogue," he meowed, finally. "So I guess... around. Moving a lot. There's not one place. What about you?"
Newtheart sat down as he listened to Juniperclaw, nodding while the tom spoke. “I was a kittypet for a while,” Newtheart answered as he wrapped his bottle-brush tail over his paws. “After that I…” He trailed off. He still felt a pang of sadness whenever he thought about how he was, quite literally, thrown into the forest. He still missed his housefolk a bit, the girl in particular. He wondered where she had gone.

“I became a loner for about a moon,” he finished, his tone stayed light though his face had darkened a bit.
Old August 16th, 2021, 10:24 PM

@Bearheart

Juniperclaw relaxed even further as Newtheart mentions being a loner, even as Newtheart's expression darkens. He appraises the other cat and flicks his tail.

"That's been my whole life," he offers, trying for companionable. He flicks his tail, pleased for a moment to have found something in common, before noting Newtheart's expression. Right. Most of the kittypets Juniperclaw had met were soft, silly creatures, and had either looked down on loners or had been terrified of them. Some were both.

"A moon's really good for a kittypet. Former kittypet. You did a good job surviving." Juniperclaw groomed his paw, searching for what to say. "... do you miss it?"

((also its totally okay if Newtheart is offended by Juniperclaw's wording or anything like that. I'm trying to rp him as a little rude without coming on too strong))

Last edited by tomatosoup; August 16th, 2021 at 10:26 PM.
Old August 17th, 2021, 07:32 AM
watermeon

Quote:
@Bearheart

Juniperclaw relaxed even further as Newtheart mentions being a loner, even as Newtheart's expression darkens. He appraises the other cat and flicks his tail.

"That's been my whole life," he offers, trying for companionable. He flicks his tail, pleased for a moment to have found something in common, before noting Newtheart's expression. Right. Most of the kittypets Juniperclaw had met were soft, silly creatures, and had either looked down on loners or had been terrified of them. Some were both.

"A moon's really good for a kittypet. Former kittypet. You did a good job surviving." Juniperclaw groomed his paw, searching for what to say. "... do you miss it?"

((also its totally okay if Newtheart is offended by Juniperclaw's wording or anything like that. I'm trying to rp him as a little rude without coming on too strong))

Newthearts eyes widened a bit when Juniperclaw said he had been a loner his whole life. He had nearly died living here for just a moon. His ears flicked at Juniperclaws question and he nodded. "I do miss it sometimes," He thought for a second before finishing his sentence, "But it's much more exciting out here.

Sure, when he was a kittypet he was alway fed and had really never had an injury, but it was always the same thing. "My twolegs wouldn't let me outside, so it was definitely an adjustment living here."

Before coming to the forest he would just sleep and eat all day, but now he could talk to other cats. He could hunt, or spar, or do whatever he wanted.

(Newtheart probably won't verbally say anything if he gets offended, he'll just think over. The worst he'd probably do is stop talking for a while)