Closed Thread

Old July 23rd, 2021, 04:02 AM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

@Rani //

➸ crabkit

still a bit upset from the interaction with kestrelstar, crabkit found herself wandering around the camp with no idea of what to do. she could collect shells! but, she had already collected quite a few. she could also play games with the kits in the nursery— but, some of those games made no sense to her. mossball? confusing!! besides, throwing a clump of moss around didn't really sound fun.

she wasn't staying in the nursery either, just because mister meanstar told her to. it would be easier for her mom to see her in the clearing if she did show up! but now..she was being swallowed up by boredom.

and then it hit her: snakecat..snakeheart! (she remembered quietclaw telling her about him, snakeheart being a medicine cat.) she looked around until she spotted the medicine den, bounding over and stepping inside, nose scrunching up at the mixture of herb scents. it almost made her want to sneeze!

"medicine snake!!" crabkit said, calling for the medicine cat so loudly she was almost shrieking. wait..maybe he doesnt like nicknames like mister meanstar! she considered with her eyes widening. meanstar was a nickname she had given out of spite, but maybe snakeheart wasn't grumpy like the leader. he had heart in his name! "snakeheart! snake! heart!" she called again, bouncing further into the den.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old July 27th, 2021, 08:21 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

// @Rani, @OhZeeWolf

>Tumblepaw<
His own breath still choked him even as Jackdawblaze dragged him into the medicine den. Through his panic he barely registered the warrior's words, feeling only desperation as he reached out a shaking paw towards the inner parts of the medicine den, his legs dragging in the dirt. He didn't understand why he could barely breathe, it had come up out of nowhere, and panic had set in in full, causing his heart to pound against his ribs as his body wracked with another bout of wheezing coughs. He could suck in little air, his vision blurring with tears. "S-snak-ehea-rt," he managed to wheeze out.

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old July 29th, 2021, 06:51 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickpaw View Post
~Silverkit~

@Rani | Snakeheart

Silverkit felt strangly calm which made him wonder if Snakeheart had powers. But, he wasn't sure why StarClan would give him a power. He was a medicine cat. Why had StarClan made him a medicine cat? And then Silverkit started to wonder what Snakeheart had been like as an apprentice. Or even a kit. The senior warriors would know. He would ask them after he was out of the medicine cat's den. He was going to get out. He would. What had made Snakeheart so mean in the first place? Silverkit really wanted to ask, but he forced himself not to. Snakeheart probably wasn't going to be very happy if a kit asked him something like that.

I feel like Snakeheart isn't just a mean medicine cat, Silverkit thought. Maybe he's pretending not to be weak. Or maybe something happened to him. Something sad. Shinestone told me that a lot of sad things happen in the Clans. And that battles might be fun to hear stories about, but they aren't so good. Cats get injured and sometimes they even die. Well, Shinestone didn't tell me that, but she seemed sad when I brought up the fact of a limping cat. I think she doesn't like battle. Snakeheart must get a lot of injured cats to take care of after battles. I wish I could ask him about what happened to him. No cat can be that mean without a reason. But he wouldn't like me if I asked.

"I guess you'll want to ask me some questions," Silverkit was going to be brave-- well braver-- but he hoped that he was being mean. "Am I right?"

He really didn't want to be lashed out at, but if he was going to be, he wouldn't budge. Well, maybe he would budge a bit. A tiny bit. Silverkit waited for the reply, knowing that it was probably not going to be nice or kind. Snakeheart wasn't kind. Silverkit knew that he wanted to be happy, but he couldn't. Or something like that. He started to stare at Snakeheart without even realizing it. He was too busy thinking about the medicine cat.
If ever there was proof that Snakeheart didnt understand kits Silverkit was a shining example of this. The tom had started out fairly neutral and it'd terrified the child but when he got sassier and more confused it seemed to actually relax the young tom. What. The twitchy kit had relaxed and then his mind seemed to wander on its own little tangent eyes trailing off while the medicine cat just kind of... Stood there waiting for a response. This entire thing had been a mess and at this point the lanky healer was begining to wonder if anything was actually wrong with Silverkit or if the kit was just imagining the pain or just coming in here for attention. It wouldnt be the first kit that tried that, some even faked injuries to try and get herb knowledge to try and become his apprentice. He didnt think this was the case with Silverkit (the kit was probably just stupid or completely overthinking everything) but it was still annoying.

He remained patient though figuring snapping would just send him into a panic until a response finally came.
"Yes, answer honestly and I can get this fixed quickly with any luck. Have you eaten any prey lately that seems off? Have you been making dirt normally? Have you been eating and drinking enough? How long ago did this start? What was happening when your stomach first started hurting? Do you feel off in any other way but the stomach ache? Finally how exactly is your stomach aching (shooting pain, throbbing, in any particular place)?"
It was a barrage of questions certainly but thus far the kitten had given the medicine cat basically no useful answers and seemed to get side tracked a bit. Being as thorough as possible and detailed as possible might at least prevent this. Still despite minor irritation and another jaw cracking yawn flashing his overlong fangs he wasnt too grouchy about the situation yet, just tired about life in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Fox~ View Post
@Rani

A thunderclanner on the border She sighed. She didn't smile at that. Lying was something didn't like doing but in this case it was needed. Taking the offered poppy seeds. This would get her through this dumb little trip faster. She took them and sighed. How super, the clan she hated was the one she needed help in.
Of course it was thunderclan it was always thunderclan nowadays. The medicine cat let out a sigh at the fact and grabbed several sticks and cobwebs preparing a nest for Lionspot to (hopefully soon now that she ate the poppyseeds) fall asleep in. "Right Ill start when you're unconscious but in the meantime lay down on your uninjured side and bite down on this stick. It'll help with the pain if you somehow remain slightly concious and help prevent damage if you bite when I fix it." While waiting for the molly to settle in and fall asleep he set up everything placing the straightest stick he could find alongside Lionspots shoulder and mumbling about where he'd need to press and pull to set it right. If that sound wasnt unsettling enough setting the bone would sound worse no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sklee View Post
Amberpaw walked in, still keeping herself from wincing. "I'm really, really sorry, and I wouldn't be bugging you if I hadn't been told to come in here, but I think I got a small cut when training?"
"A small cut? Sometimes a cut can be worse then you think I'll be the judge of the severity of the injury." Sometimes cats came in basically bleeding to death insisting it was something small almost as much as they came in with a simple thorn or minor thing screaming about the end of the world. It was a pain really and Snakeheart knew better then most that his clanmates had no sense of what was a proper wound. In this case though....

"Oh this is tiny barley even a wound do you really need healing for this? I mean its bleeding but if the bleeding has slowed any since you first got hurt it might just stop on its own. Youre choice what you're comfortable with but if you really feel it needs treating all I'll really do is put some cobwebs on it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnzel View Post
@Rani //

➸ crabkit

still a bit upset from the interaction with kestrelstar, crabkit found herself wandering around the camp with no idea of what to do. she could collect shells! but, she had already collected quite a few. she could also play games with the kits in the nursery— but, some of those games made no sense to her. mossball? confusing!! besides, throwing a clump of moss around didn't really sound fun.

she wasn't staying in the nursery either, just because mister meanstar told her to. it would be easier for her mom to see her in the clearing if she did show up! but now..she was being swallowed up by boredom.

and then it hit her: snakecat..snakeheart! (she remembered quietclaw telling her about him, snakeheart being a medicine cat.) she looked around until she spotted the medicine den, bounding over and stepping inside, nose scrunching up at the mixture of herb scents. it almost made her want to sneeze!

"medicine snake!!" crabkit said, calling for the medicine cat so loudly she was almost shrieking. wait..maybe he doesnt like nicknames like mister meanstar! she considered with her eyes widening. meanstar was a nickname she had given out of spite, but maybe snakeheart wasn't grumpy like the leader. he had heart in his name! "snakeheart! snake! heart!" she called again, bouncing further into the den.
Did Snakeheart have kit attractant smeared on his pelt? Did someone tell every kit in the nursery to bother him without him knowing? WHY WERE THESE LITTLE SNOTS ALWAYS BOTHERING HIM?!?!

The tom let out a low long and tired sigh eyes still closed tight from where his head was rested on the lip of his nest slightly hanging over the side. He had been trying, up until a few moments ago, to sleep despite it being mid day. There was a minor healing emergency last night and it'd kept him up way too late to the point of further exhaustion beyond his normal already worn down state from overworking. Snakeheart was tired just tired and here was this little monster tromping in to disturb him. Sleep was ever a distant dream....

Still refusing to open his eyes or get up from his nest or even so much as budge the medicine cat huffed side jolting as he did and let out a low flat droning response out of habit alone ears flicking to face Crabkit (not that he needed to, she was loud). "What is it are you hurt or sick? If its just a thorn in your paw you should get out now, the queens can take care of a thorn it's not serious enough to warrant my attention. And please watch the volume will you I think Im getting a headache." Not think honestly he probably was, lack of sleep got painful after awhile and Crabkit wasnt helping.

Last edited by Rani; July 29th, 2021 at 07:08 AM.
Old July 29th, 2021, 07:40 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlenose View Post
(This might turn into a disaster)
“Ok, Snappy.” Crosskit mumbled flicking his tail back and forth. “We snuck out to lionsbeach, and got attacked by a red disk. Is that what you wanted to know? Cats should be proud of us, because we, some tiny pathetic kits, snuck out of camp.” @Rani @Minty @I draw war cats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
@Rani // @Beetlenose // @I draw war cats

(Alright, I was tired because I was on WCO at 2 am for some reason)

—————
Lotuskit was about to shudder, but caught herself. She never did enjoy confronting older cats — in fact, if she confronted someone at all, it was because of something bad. She was never the social type, and only stuck to family.
Uh… The gray kit thought to herself, ears flattened.

For a few heartbeats, she found herself lost with what to do. Lotuskit took a breath in order to soothe her anxiety, then extended a claw. She drew what she had in the soft, silky sand earlier - a disk that looked angry. She also gave it ten legs, though they looked cramped. On each side of it’s body she made those… “pinchy” things and tried to portray movement. In front of the red-disk creature that they saw was three little dots. Maybe the size of her littermates in the picture was a bit of an overstatement, but they couldn’t beat their opponent with three kits.

Some words would explain her illustration much better, though she hoped her part laid out the basics. Lotuskit had to admit she was afraid of Chirpkit spilling out all the amazing things they saw instead of the thing that hurt them — not that it wasn’t a good thing, just not helpful in this situation. After gazing at her drawing for a while, the gray kit made an arrow that reached from the pinching things to one of the dots. She thought her depiction of the situation was decently clear, and flicked her tail contentedly.

Though, maybe it’s easier for me to see since I was actually there… Lotuskit debated against herself. Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I draw war cats View Post
“Well we’re not tiny and pathetic!” Chirpkit protested, “We’re brave for facing that foul creature! Unfortunately it was too strong and hurt us” That red ugly thing could’ve raided the whole camp! A good thing me, Lotuskit, and Crosskit made sure that it was not welcome! She thought proudly.
@Rani
@Minty
@Beetlenose
Oh stars this wasnt just a group of idiot this was a group of overconfident idiots who havent learned their lesson despite their actions landing them in the medicine cats den. Patience officially lost time to provide proof to the horror stories apparently floating around the nursery that made kits terrified of him. If the kits were to view him in a certain way then justified nerviousness was tollerable if it kept them out of trouble. A quick but soft paw flashed out in an attempt to cuff Crosskit around the head for his sass as Snakeheart let out a vicious and furious hiss as all three kits eyes flashing as he loomed over the group long fangs bared in a snarl.
"Proud of you? PROUD OF YOU?!?! Anyone should be proud of you for breaking the rules and putting yourselves and your littermates in danger?! You got hurt and it couldve been much worse, you could have died not long before you were born a coyote broke into the camp and killed an elder trying to eat the kits alive! Those types of predators could still be around and if it even got through the warriors in our most defended area then you would have been a quick and easy defenceless snack out there unprotected! A hawk could have dived down from nowhere and carried you off to eat you, a twoleg could be out there with a dog that'd hunt you for fun, a coyote or a fox could tear you appart and eat you alive (they've done so to full warriors with ease those monsters wouldnt even blink at a kit) or a snake could have bitten you because you stumbled over it and that would've been it! You'd die alone and in pain out in the territory and your mother wouldnt even know how it happened because YOU SNUCK OUT LIKE THIS IS A GAME! THE TERRITORY IS OFF LIMITS FOR KITS FOR A REASON, BECAUSE IT CAN AND WILL KILL YOU!!!"
Spittle was flying off of the furious toms fangs as he howled at the kits sparing no quarter for their innocence or sense of comfort and safety in the wake of this. Life was dangerous and nothing like your safe little stories, be scared it'd keep you alive.

Taking in a couple heaving breaths he pulled back and growled lowly and more calmly. "You got luck you got so so lucky and you still got hurt. Those things you encountered sound like crabs, we hunt and eat those regularly and warriors even play with them. Those 'foul creatures' can be taken down simply by a single apprentice and are considered harmless as any prey. And they still shredded you. Why would anyone be proud of some tiny and pathetic kits that did something so stupid it couldve killed them all and got beaten up by prey..... Yewberry is your mother isnt she? Tell me what do you think she will think after learning what you've done? I think she'll be scared of what could have happened, disappointed, and mad because stars knows I am and I dont even like you little brats."
The disrespect on Crosskit on top of everything had really irked Snakeheart and even as he calmed and sat back down still glaring his tail lashed behind him. The others werent impressing him either, Lotuskit seemed to have the most sense of the group but no control (obviously more a follower) so was just as responsible for this mess and Chirpkit? Chirpkit just seemed like an naive happy idiot. Hopefully this'd be a reality check for them all.
Old July 29th, 2021, 09:10 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post
Palepaw simply tilted her head at Petuniakit. Perhaps it was because he was both younger and smaller than she was, or perhaps it was because she was more mature than the kit, but she never found Snakeheart's name to be a terribly frightening name.
"He's not scary from my experience," she quietly murmured back to the kit just before the Medicine Cat approached.
"Perhaps a little grumpy."
She straightened her posture as he came within hearing range.

It had honestly slipped her mind just how many times she'd ended up having to babysit her clanmates. She'd stopped paying attention to it, only filing it away in the back of her mind as yet another duty taken care of, with how common place it was.
"Perhaps oh great and powerful StarClan decided I needed to be humbled."
Making those kinds of jokes was always a hit or miss, depending on the cat and she wasn't too sure about his stance on the existence of supposéd warrior ancestors with the power to see and change fate. As a Medicine Cat, the belief was pretty standard, but even if he believed, he seemed chill, and not like he'd snap at her for disrespecting their ancestors.
She watched Snakeheart treat Petuniakit before speaking up again.
"If you don't mind keeping her for a bit, I'd rather report to Kestrelstar before I bring this up to Blizzardsky or Heronflight. I.... feel like Blizzard especially might side track me. You wouldn't have her long, though. I'll likely be fetching for one or both of them afterwards."
She didn't need to accidentally forget to tell Kestrelstar and this come back on her because somehow Blizzardsky managed to distract her enough she'd forget and it wouldn't get done or, at best, be delayed. (He was excellent at doing just that)

@Rani @Angelique
@Angelique
If there was a more put upon cat than Palepaw Snakeheart had yet to meet them. So really despite how little the medicine cat wanted to keep any of the ever annoying Blizzard line in his den for more then necessary he gave the molly a short nod at her plan and moved to try and settle Petuniakit into a nest to rest until her parents came to fetch her. Really he was just kinda nudging her at an open moss nest reserved for patients but it was something at least and he could only hope she'd go without protest.
"Yeah that sounds about right for that fluffy idiot... Good luck with Kestrelstar his temper has been touchy at best latley when he's not exhausted. At least the ire probably wont be aimed at you. If you want some burnet for the task just ask stars knows you work hard enough to have earned it."
He could probably use some burnet himself really the toms den had been constantly busy ever since full scale conflict was declared.... Not surprising though thunderclan was a cocky bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
[ @Papaya ]
[ @Rani ]

Fed up with RiverClan, Jackdawblaze's expression had gone from grumpy-but-hopeful to just plain grumpy--well--perhaps there was a twinge of anger there. Oh, bother. Kestrelstar was uglier than ever and his other clanmates didn't seem quite the same anymore. It was like the entire forest had up and went to another dimension. Huffing, he got off his feet to head back into the forest. That would have calmed him down...

...maybe.

That was when he stumbled upon an Apprentice who was coughing like an ill lunatic. Great. Before he could wonder what the hell Tumblepaw's erratic choking was about, the Apprentice succumbed to what seemed like an invisible pressure and sank to the floor.

[Permission to drag the boy granted by Slush]

"Stop being so dramatic, Tumblepaw," he said with a slight hiss. Something like this would have normally entertained him but Jackdawblaze wasn't having it today. He tugged the Apprentice by the scruff into Snakeheart's den, already dreading looking upon the Medicine Cat's horribly askew fangs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
// @Rani, @OhZeeWolf

>Tumblepaw<
His own breath still choked him even as Jackdawblaze dragged him into the medicine den. Through his panic he barely registered the warrior's words, feeling only desperation as he reached out a shaking paw towards the inner parts of the medicine den, his legs dragging in the dirt. He didn't understand why he could barely breathe, it had come up out of nowhere, and panic had set in in full, causing his heart to pound against his ribs as his body wracked with another bout of wheezing coughs. He could suck in little air, his vision blurring with tears. "S-snak-ehea-rt," he managed to wheeze out.
Ah Jackdrawblaze one of his favourite cats.... Not really.

Really the tom was barley tolerable and didnt seem to have very many friends because of it (and that was something coming from the snippy and angry Snakeheart) but at least he did his duty. Like dragging an ill(?) apprentice in to him despite his disclaimed lack of respect for the medicine cats work and the necessity for it. Suppose this was an example of why he was needed though the tom doubted Jackdrawblaze would see it that way.

So who was this limp scrap being dragged in hm and what was wrong? Wait.... This cat had been in his den before... This was that infuriating Webpaws brother! The more reasonable one! And he appeared to be suffocating. Oh crap.

Leaping into motion the medicine cat sprinted over to the wheezing apprentice frantically checking over the young tom trying to figure out what was wrong. He wasnt choking on anything or noticeably ill and for a moment a bolt of cold terror flew through Snakehearts spine as he couldnt find what was causing this much less how to fix it before he noticed Tumblepaws airways were swollen restricting his breathing to a wheeze at best. And this wasnt his best, the apprentice was panicking breathing unsteadily and fast in a way that'd make getting enough air hard even under normal situations so this was just a bad turn.
"Jackdrawblaze! Place him in a nest, fast, he's choking to death as is! Make sure he's laying flat with his throat extended as far as possible and make him keep his mouth open! If you can get him to slow his breathing to deeper or slower any it may help but Ill be over there in a second to do it myself if you cant manage. This is serious move fast! Just keep him alive until I can get the herbs into him or something!"

Stars did he even have a herb for this? Catmint usually helped coughing but that was greencough coughing this seemed different, honey soothed the throat and may be useful after but for now the sticky syrup would only block his throat more.... Dear god was there anything he had?! Wait, tansy! Cricketpaw had basically just taught him it but it'd stop coughs and sooth throats according to her! He had some! It was a long shot but it might work! Snakeheart was moving faster then he thought he ever had before tearing through his herb supply in the storage to find the blooms so Tumblepaw had a chance borderline praying Jackdrawblaze could at least keep him stable long enough for the medicine cat to fix it.
Old July 29th, 2021, 11:34 AM
The one and only

Bump Policy: Bump after 24 hours!
My Mood: Yeehaw

@Minty @I draw war cats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Oh stars this wasnt just a group of idiot this was a group of overconfident idiots who havent learned their lesson despite their actions landing them in the medicine cats den. Patience officially lost time to provide proof to the horror stories apparently floating around the nursery that made kits terrified of him. If the kits were to view him in a certain way then justified nerviousness was tollerable if it kept them out of trouble. A quick but soft paw flashed out in an attempt to cuff Crosskit around the head for his sass as Snakeheart let out a vicious and furious hiss as all three kits eyes flashing as he loomed over the group long fangs bared in a snarl.
"Proud of you? PROUD OF YOU?!?! Anyone should be proud of you for breaking the rules and putting yourselves and your littermates in danger?! You got hurt and it couldve been much worse, you could have died not long before you were born a coyote broke into the camp and killed an elder trying to eat the kits alive! Those types of predators could still be around and if it even got through the warriors in our most defended area then you would have been a quick and easy defenceless snack out there unprotected! A hawk could have dived down from nowhere and carried you off to eat you, a twoleg could be out there with a dog that'd hunt you for fun, a coyote or a fox could tear you appart and eat you alive (they've done so to full warriors with ease those monsters wouldnt even blink at a kit) or a snake could have bitten you because you stumbled over it and that would've been it! You'd die alone and in pain out in the territory and your mother wouldnt even know how it happened because YOU SNUCK OUT LIKE THIS IS A GAME! THE TERRITORY IS OFF LIMITS FOR KITS FOR A REASON, BECAUSE IT CAN AND WILL KILL YOU!!!"
Spittle was flying off of the furious toms fangs as he howled at the kits sparing no quarter for their innocence or sense of comfort and safety in the wake of this. Life was dangerous and nothing like your safe little stories, be scared it'd keep you alive.

Taking in a couple heaving breaths he pulled back and growled lowly and more calmly. "You got luck you got so so lucky and you still got hurt. Those things you encountered sound like crabs, we hunt and eat those regularly and warriors even play with them. Those 'foul creatures' can be taken down simply by a single apprentice and are considered harmless as any prey. And they still shredded you. Why would anyone be proud of some tiny and pathetic kits that did something so stupid it couldve killed them all and got beaten up by prey..... Yewberry is your mother isnt she? Tell me what do you think she will think after learning what you've done? I think she'll be scared of what could have happened, disappointed, and mad because stars knows I am and I dont even like you little brats."
The disrespect on Crosskit on top of everything had really irked Snakeheart and even as he calmed and sat back down still glaring his tail lashed behind him. The others werent impressing him either, Lotuskit seemed to have the most sense of the group but no control (obviously more a follower) so was just as responsible for this mess and Chirpkit? Chirpkit just seemed like an naive happy idiot. Hopefully this'd be a reality check for them all.
…Be proud…

…Stand strong…

Those two sentences rang in Crosskit head, he stood up after realizing he was crouching. He took a breath, as if steadying himself before starting. “But we didn’t. Kits have been sneaking out of camp for seasons, since the Clans began. Yes, they always get in trouble. But it’s a learning… experience? Is that what’s it called? Whatever, we learned. What sand feels like, what a crab is.
We had fun, more than we could ever have in camp. So, yes, we’re gonna get punished, that’s a given. But got out of camp. Know one new until we came crawling back. We did something that could be useful maybe when where Warriors.”

Last edited by Beetlenose; July 29th, 2021 at 11:35 AM.
Old July 30th, 2021, 11:42 AM
Candace Flynn

Status: I've been PnF obsessed for the past two years and I have a feeling it'll be another year yet.
Bump Policy: Whenever needed :)
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
If ever there was proof that Snakeheart didnt understand kits Silverkit was a shining example of this. The tom had started out fairly neutral and it'd terrified the child but when he got sassier and more confused it seemed to actually relax the young tom. What. The twitchy kit had relaxed and then his mind seemed to wander on its own little tangent eyes trailing off while the medicine cat just kind of... Stood there waiting for a response. This entire thing had been a mess and at this point the lanky healer was begining to wonder if anything was actually wrong with Silverkit or if the kit was just imagining the pain or just coming in here for attention. It wouldnt be the first kit that tried that, some even faked injuries to try and get herb knowledge to try and become his apprentice. He didnt think this was the case with Silverkit (the kit was probably just stupid or completely overthinking everything) but it was still annoying.

He remained patient though figuring snapping would just send him into a panic until a response finally came.
"Yes, answer honestly and I can get this fixed quickly with any luck. Have you eaten any prey lately that seems off? Have you been making dirt normally? Have you been eating and drinking enough? How long ago did this start? What was happening when your stomach first started hurting? Do you feel off in any other way but the stomach ache? Finally how exactly is your stomach aching (shooting pain, throbbing, in any particular place)?"
It was a barrage of questions certainly but thus far the kitten had given the medicine cat basically no useful answers and seemed to get side tracked a bit. Being as thorough as possible and detailed as possible might at least prevent this. Still despite minor irritation and another jaw cracking yawn flashing his overlong fangs he wasnt too grouchy about the situation yet, just tired about life in general.

Of course it was thunderclan it was always thunderclan nowadays. The medicine cat let out a sigh at the fact and grabbed several sticks and cobwebs preparing a nest for Lionspot to (hopefully soon now that she ate the poppyseeds) fall asleep in. "Right Ill start when you're unconscious but in the meantime lay down on your uninjured side and bite down on this stick. It'll help with the pain if you somehow remain slightly concious and help prevent damage if you bite when I fix it." While waiting for the molly to settle in and fall asleep he set up everything placing the straightest stick he could find alongside Lionspots shoulder and mumbling about where he'd need to press and pull to set it right. If that sound wasnt unsettling enough setting the bone would sound worse no doubt.

"A small cut? Sometimes a cut can be worse then you think I'll be the judge of the severity of the injury." Sometimes cats came in basically bleeding to death insisting it was something small almost as much as they came in with a simple thorn or minor thing screaming about the end of the world. It was a pain really and Snakeheart knew better then most that his clanmates had no sense of what was a proper wound. In this case though....

"Oh this is tiny barley even a wound do you really need healing for this? I mean its bleeding but if the bleeding has slowed any since you first got hurt it might just stop on its own. Youre choice what you're comfortable with but if you really feel it needs treating all I'll really do is put some cobwebs on it."

Did Snakeheart have kit attractant smeared on his pelt? Did someone tell every kit in the nursery to bother him without him knowing? WHY WERE THESE LITTLE SNOTS ALWAYS BOTHERING HIM?!?!

The tom let out a low long and tired sigh eyes still closed tight from where his head was rested on the lip of his nest slightly hanging over the side. He had been trying, up until a few moments ago, to sleep despite it being mid day. There was a minor healing emergency last night and it'd kept him up way too late to the point of further exhaustion beyond his normal already worn down state from overworking. Snakeheart was tired just tired and here was this little monster tromping in to disturb him. Sleep was ever a distant dream....

Still refusing to open his eyes or get up from his nest or even so much as budge the medicine cat huffed side jolting as he did and let out a low flat droning response out of habit alone ears flicking to face Crabkit (not that he needed to, she was loud). "What is it are you hurt or sick? If its just a thorn in your paw you should get out now, the queens can take care of a thorn it's not serious enough to warrant my attention. And please watch the volume will you I think Im getting a headache." Not think honestly he probably was, lack of sleep got painful after awhile and Crabkit wasnt helping.
She nodded. "That would be ok. Once again, I'm really sorry for wasting your time. It's nothing."
Somewhere. Something. Had brought me here. But what?
Old August 4th, 2021, 12:14 PM
Powerhouse of the Cell

My Mood: Yeehaw

[Jackboi has left RiverClan so this takes place in the past!]
[ @Rani ]
[ @Papaya ]

Sighing with unusually quiet contempt, the lanky tom practically tossed Tumblepaw into one of the nests. Jackdawblaze didn't know why the Apprentice had chosen right now (of all eligible times) to erupt in a potentially fatal choking spree. Kids these days were always causing trouble, he supposed, like Vinepaw and Webpaw. And Blizzardsky, though JD supposed he wasn't technically a kid now that he had kits and all. Oh, well. He had to stop this stupid child from dying now even if he didn't want to.

Shooting a crude look at Snakeheart while he listened, Jackdawblaze stubbornly shoved his paw in the side of Tumblepaw's mouth. "If you bite me, I'll let you pass out," he hissed matter-of-factly as he watched the Apprentice struggle. This wasn't JD's problem; why was he stuck dealing with it? The Warrior snorted in disgust as he used his other paw to extend Tumblepaw's neck. Who knew he was this good at following instructions when it counted? "Slow your breathing down so I can leave."
After her resurrection from the Dark Forest, Whitewolf has not been the same. This once loyal and honorable senior Warrior is now back with a vendetta--be aware that any new interactions with her will likely reflect a hostile and/or dangerous mentality.

Please note that Tigerpaw's racist, homophobic, transphobic, and ableist opinions do not reflect my own. Be aware her views are very bigoted before requesting roleplay with her.

Oz/Ozzie/Zee - Any Pronouns - Los Angeles, CA
Old August 8th, 2021, 05:15 PM
chirps

[ this takes place prior to ThunderClan Raid Battle! ]

With the kit swinging from his jaws, Kestrelstar entered Snakeheart's den with an annoyed look on his face. Stupid kits... stupid useless hairballs getting themselves into harm by disobeying the one rule that RiverClan really had for kits. "Snakebite, need your sharp tongue to come tell this hairball how dangerous it is to wander out of camp and make sure this cut she obtained doesn't get infected." With a pointed look at Russetkit, the leader took a seat to wait for the medicine cat.

// @feather lily @Rani
Old August 11th, 2021, 07:22 PM
The raven army is coming~

Bump Policy: Please bump me anytime after 48 hours!
My Mood: Adorable

Palebrook padded into the medicine den, looking for Snakeheart. "Snakeheart?" She called when she couldn't find him. "I need you. You here?" She sat down, feeling slightly nauseous as she did. What was wrong with her? Oh, how she wished Jackdawblaze were here. He would help her.
@Rani

In the beginning, God created man, but seeing him so feeble, He gave him the cat
People who don’t like cats were mice in earlier lives
Formerly FrostCat
Please bump me after 48 hours!
Character Website

Llamas are sacred!
Closed Thread