Last post by Apollo.
Today 01:49 AM
Closed Thread

Old September 1st, 2021, 05:24 AM
Procrastinator

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

// @Rani
Hell if Stormtalon knew why he was here. As desperate for oblivion as he was, revealing the extent of his recent activities to Snake (despite being warned against them) would send the medicine cat into a fit of rage, and that meant gritting his teeth and listening to (deserved) 'I told you so' rants before any such oblivion could be found. Still. Not much to be done except endure.

Stormtalon wasn't stubborn enough to jeopardize how much responsibility he could handle around the clan. He needed the work to fend off grief. Unfortunately it got harder to ignore how his paw pads stung, ripped and worn from all that nightly exile-searching. A nasty headache never drifted too far off the shore of consciousness, as well, and perhaps blood dripped from a shallow pool of red between his shoulders...oops.

Resigned, Storm knew he should get at least some of it looked at. Left alone? Open wounds could develop infection, and yes, he remembered Kestrelstar's fate. No chance in hell that was happening to Storm, so might as well nip this in the bud now. Preferably away from watchful eyes. (Asking for help already irritated the self-reliant tom enough.)

Features twisted in a faint grimace, the charcoal tabby padded into Snakeheart's den -- steeled himself for some inevitable onslaught. "Snakeheart," Storm mewed, green eyes flickering up in search of the other's. "I hope you're prepared to hate me more than you do already."

Old September 1st, 2021, 06:39 AM
running with the wind

My Mood: Happy

silverpaw walked into the medican cat den blood ran down her face were the deep cats were.
@Rani
Old September 1st, 2021, 07:05 AM
JamesMcavoydeservesaOscar

My Mood: Sarcastic

Aspenleaf padded into the medicine den, giving her shoulder a brief lick, and looked around. “Snakeheart? Are you here?”
@Rani

Aspenleaf Finder: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=39164
Old September 1st, 2021, 10:27 AM
Doctor,Who?

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

@Rani

Stonefoot groaned as Snakeheart cleaned his wounds "I.....I had some water a few d-days ag-go. I w-was kidnapped by a nearby rouge g-group. They.....they used for battle training. I escaped, then some twolegs grabbed me after I got stuck in a fox trap. I barely made it back......i....I...." Stonefoot began to sob again. He licked up the water and chewed the leaf. He layed his head back down quietly sobbing as the horrifying memories haunted his mind again

Beetle

Stagpaw
Moonpaw
Old September 2nd, 2021, 08:00 AM
The raven army is coming~

Bump Policy: Please bump me anytime after 48 hours!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Snakeheart let out a hum as he tilted his head considering. "Well it could be a few things you can have eaten bad prey, it could be sign of a minor illness, it could be caused by an injury or......" Or it could be those weakening bloody painful lumps that'd be Firehawks death had the coyote not got him... Or kits. Both were kinda big news.

"Thankfully its fairly easy to tell which it is. Im going to press lightly on your stomach and feel around and I need you to tell me how it feels. If you feel nasious its probably the prey thing or illness but if you feel any pain tell me immediatly. Im be very gentle so if this hurts its a bit of a bad sign."
With that he reached out a single paw and, gentler then one would think Snakeheart could manage, felt around the mollys belly trying to see what he could find.
Palebrook winced slightly. "There's no pain, but I feel uncomfortable when you do that." Palebrook shot a worried look at Snakeheart. Did he know what was wrong with her? She was scared, to be honest. This had never happen to her before, this weird feeling. It was nerve-racking.

In the beginning, God created man, but seeing him so feeble, He gave him the cat
People who don’t like cats were mice in earlier lives
Formerly FrostCat
Please bump me after 48 hours!
Character Website

Llamas are sacred!
Old September 2nd, 2021, 03:12 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

His eyes faintly blinked open before he closed them again. It was much calmer that way. Dustkit settled his eyes to a point where he thought he was "looking" at Snakeheart. He nodded slowly at the medicine cats words, opening his right eye a little. He located the poppy seed, licking it up.

A wave of tiredness immediatly blew over the tom. It dulled the pain and his wounds didn't feel so full of audible terror anymore. Dustkit immediatly drew back into his fainting mode, his right eye clouding with sleepyness and then gradually closing.

Was he going to survive this?

@Rani

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; September 2nd, 2021 at 03:12 PM.
Old September 9th, 2021, 03:55 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziera View Post
// @Rani
Hell if Stormtalon knew why he was here. As desperate for oblivion as he was, revealing the extent of his recent activities to Snake (despite being warned against them) would send the medicine cat into a fit of rage, and that meant gritting his teeth and listening to (deserved) 'I told you so' rants before any such oblivion could be found. Still. Not much to be done except endure.

Stormtalon wasn't stubborn enough to jeopardize how much responsibility he could handle around the clan. He needed the work to fend off grief. Unfortunately it got harder to ignore how his paw pads stung, ripped and worn from all that nightly exile-searching. A nasty headache never drifted too far off the shore of consciousness, as well, and perhaps blood dripped from a shallow pool of red between his shoulders...oops.

Resigned, Storm knew he should get at least some of it looked at. Left alone? Open wounds could develop infection, and yes, he remembered Kestrelstar's fate. No chance in hell that was happening to Storm, so might as well nip this in the bud now. Preferably away from watchful eyes. (Asking for help already irritated the self-reliant tom enough.)

Features twisted in a faint grimace, the charcoal tabby padded into Snakeheart's den -- steeled himself for some inevitable onslaught. "Snakeheart," Storm mewed, green eyes flickering up in search of the other's. "I hope you're prepared to hate me more than you do already."

Dont say it, dont say it, dont say it, he will box your ears dont say it! "What did I tell you 'if you push yourself too hard you'll reopen your wounds' and what happened? You pushed yourself too hard on patrols and training I know youre slipping out to do and now your wounds are open. Gah youre the most stubborn- Are you going to take it easy and let yourself recover now that its obvious you wont otherwise or am I going to have to drug you." He said it. Whoops. Turning to grab his supplies the tom grumbled annoyed at the whole thing and lashed his tail once even as his ears and whiskers dipped in worry without his permission. Repeatedly opening injuries could lead to greater chances of infection each time and increasingly worse scarring for what did heal.... And that was ignoring the other risks like weakness or the pain distracting Stormtalon at a critical moment. Snakeheart didnt even want to imagine a world with the warrior critically injured or dead so even this little risk was too great.

Frowning he brought what he needed (burdock for the pads and a little for the shoulder and cobwebs for now) over to the warrior before his displeased and worried frown turned into a proper annoyed glare. Spitting out the herbs the tom shot a sharp paw jab into the warriors side in punishment before scolding him, even as he gently guided the older tom into his own nest (which was of course in a far better location and softer then the normal patient nests scattered around).
"I dont hate you at all mousebrain, didnt do before dont now more. I just think youre an idiot more and more every day. Your health isnt something you should mess around with you need to let yourself heal! Stormtalon you've got cats who rely on you who care for you! Take it from me loosing your rock, family and example in life can be devastating for a young cat.... Besides you dont deserve to spend every day doing your duties in pain! Why cant you just let others take the helm for at least a few days......"

Snakeheart sighed giving up on his scolding all at once knowing the older tom was stubborn and more then likley wouldnt listen. Even Kestrelstar didnt listen to the medicine cats scolding and they considered eachother brothers, Snakeheart was a friend in Stormtalons eyes at best. He'd do what he do no matter what so the lanky tom gave a final "Ugh never mind whatever give me your paw." before he started chewing and applying the burdock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtail View Post
silverpaw walked into the medican cat den blood ran down her face were the deep cats were.
@Rani

The tang of blood in the air that spoke of an injured clanmate was never a pleasant smell to detect in the air but it was a common one sadly. At this point Snakehearts reaction was instinctive in nature paw reaching out and snagging the marigold a single poppyseed and a bundle of cobwebs before he even spotted Silverpaw. Once he did though he winced and spoke before shoving the marigold in his mouth to chew into a salve. "Oh starclan how in the world did you get a cut like that? It must hurt, here if you need some pain relief have this poppyseed having only one might make you groggy but you shouldnt fall asleep from it. Now explain what happened." As the tom waited for a response his nose crinked at the taste of the herb (it really was never pleasant) eyeing the cut to figure out how to best apply the marigold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroissantKitty View Post
Aspenleaf padded into the medicine den, giving her shoulder a brief lick, and looked around. “Snakeheart? Are you here?”
@Rani

Sometimes injuries initially werent obvious when a cat came in and it was a wonderful guessing game to see if things were serious or if it was just someone being over dramatic. So when Aspenleaf padded in looking for the most part fine with none of the blood or sickness scent his day suddenly became a guessing game. "Im always here really I have absolutely no social life or anything but my work. What appears to be the issue today?" The entire sentence was said with the tone of one commenting on the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCocaHead View Post
@Rani

Stonefoot groaned as Snakeheart cleaned his wounds "I.....I had some water a few d-days ag-go. I w-was kidnapped by a nearby rouge g-group. They.....they used for battle training. I escaped, then some twolegs grabbed me after I got stuck in a fox trap. I barely made it back......i....I...." Stonefoot began to sob again. He licked up the water and chewed the leaf. He layed his head back down quietly sobbing as the horrifying memories haunted his mind again

"A few days?! Ok drink this, as much as you can and eat these poppyseeds after. Once youre asleep and Im done healing you there will be the fattest fish I can find waiting for you to get your energy back up." Grabbing what felt like most of the herb storage Snakeheart began with the only healing he could do at the moment that wouldnt cause pain before Stonefoot ate the poppyseeds. Getting rid of the fleas, though that was only kind of healing. The medicine cat wrinkled his nose at the smell and startled dabbing mouse bile over the warriors pelt humming as he listened to what he'd gone through away from the camp. The lanky tom had never been out of the territories to the outskirts but he already heard tales that this now confirmed. "Well youre safe now and I'll alert Splashleap to send out extra patrols along the border to make sure any rogues that remain are dealt with and can never strike again. Youre home and safe and recovery may take time both emotionally and physically but you have time to do so, riverclan will always care for our own. Now feel free to let yourself sleep because of the poppyseeds and when you wake there'll be food and probably more herbs for you." Stonefoot could rest while Snakeheart worked himself to the bone to try and heal the tom. Cobwebs, figure out what the illness was, clean him completely so the infection couldnt get worse, probably change out the burdock at some point just in case..... It never ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostCat View Post
Palebrook winced slightly. "There's no pain, but I feel uncomfortable when you do that." Palebrook shot a worried look at Snakeheart. Did he know what was wrong with her? She was scared, to be honest. This had never happen to her before, this weird feeling. It was nerve-racking.

Snakeheart let out a considering hum at the information, pleased at least that sign of something being horribly wrong was negative. Sure the medicine cat was feeling some strange solid lumps in Palebrook but.... Well they were lower then a where a stomach related issue would be and they were familiar too Snakeheart. The medicine cat had felt this before and it was suddenly not a worry at all and he sat back a small grin before huffing softly.
"Alright Palebrook this topic can be a little..... Sensitive but its generally a pleasant one. I think may have to take a break from warrior duties and join the queens in the nursery soon enough as you have some new bundles of joy on the way! Can I ask if you have a mate involved? Things will be fine if not, dont worry, and if you dont wish to have the kits Im sure we can find a queen to adopt them thats perfectly alright Im here to help in whatever way you need. Stars I can probably tell the number of kits you'll be having at this point if you want."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry View Post
His eyes faintly blinked open before he closed them again. It was much calmer that way. Dustkit settled his eyes to a point where he thought he was "looking" at Snakeheart. He nodded slowly at the medicine cats words, opening his right eye a little. He located the poppy seed, licking it up.

A wave of tiredness immediatly blew over the tom. It dulled the pain and his wounds didn't feel so full of audible terror anymore. Dustkit immediatly drew back into his fainting mode, his right eye clouding with sleepyness and then gradually closing.

Was he going to survive this?

@Rani

Right right that was good the kit was still strong enough to swallow things like the herbs. That wasnt a lot and it was still pretty bad really but it'd have to do for now. Some of the herbs the kit managed to eat would help bolster his strength until the kit woke again and had the strength to eat and try and recover. As long as Snakeheart could heal the wounds and Dustkit had the willpower and strength the kit stood chance to live.

Right herbs were eaten and all the salves that could be used had been applies to the little scraps pelt not for cobwebs to try and stop any more bloodloss and pull the torn open pelt back together... God it was somehow even worse healing a kit with this level of injuries then a cat post raid or torn apart by predators even if the actual task was easier. Pinch together the skin them apply a thick and strong layer of cobwebs to hold it all together.... At this point it was all he could do.

Healing done Snakeheart made to pad away to do some minor chores before he hesitated checking on Dustkits temperature and sighing when it was a touch too cold for a little kit with the blood loss. So eyes flicking around for a moment the medicine cat crawled into the nest and ever so gently curled around the mauled kitten, using his own warmth to keep the kitten from getting a chill until he was able to wake.
Old September 9th, 2021, 09:07 AM
running with the wind

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
The tang of blood in the air that spoke of an injured clanmate was never a pleasant smell to detect in the air but it was a common one sadly. At this point Snakehearts reaction was instinctive in nature paw reaching out and snagging the marigold a single poppyseed and a bundle of cobwebs before he even spotted Silverpaw. Once he did though he winced and spoke before shoving the marigold in his mouth to chew into a salve. "Oh starclan how in the world did you get a cut like that? It must hurt, here if you need some pain relief have this poppyseed having only one might make you groggy but you shouldnt fall asleep from it. Now explain what happened." As the tom waited for a response his nose crinked at the taste of the herb (it really was never pleasant) eyeing the cut to figure out how to best apply the marigold.
silverpaw thought for a moment not sure weather to tell the truth about how she got her cuts so she came up with a lie i i i ww w was trying t tt to catch s ss some p p pery b bb but hit a a a t tt thorn bush w w while tt t trying t to c cc c catch it she said hoping that it was convencing enought.
@Rani
Old September 11th, 2021, 02:49 PM
The raven army is coming~

Bump Policy: Please bump me anytime after 48 hours!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Snakeheart let out a considering hum at the information, pleased at least that sign of something being horribly wrong was negative. Sure the medicine cat was feeling some strange solid lumps in Palebrook but.... Well they were lower then a where a stomach related issue would be and they were familiar too Snakeheart. The medicine cat had felt this before and it was suddenly not a worry at all and he sat back a small grin before huffing softly.
"Alright Palebrook this topic can be a little..... Sensitive but its generally a pleasant one. I think may have to take a break from warrior duties and join the queens in the nursery soon enough as you have some new bundles of joy on the way! Can I ask if you have a mate involved? Things will be fine if not, dont worry, and if you dont wish to have the kits Im sure we can find a queen to adopt them thats perfectly alright Im here to help in whatever way you need. Stars I can probably tell the number of kits you'll be having at this point if you want."
Palebrook gaped at Snakeheart. Oh no. Nononono. "Yes....or no. Well, you see, I used to. Or I still do. Maybe. Um, are you sure I'm having kits? Maybe you made a mistake?" She was in shock. She was having kits. Jackdawblaze's kits. This could not be happening to her. Not now.

In the beginning, God created man, but seeing him so feeble, He gave him the cat
People who don’t like cats were mice in earlier lives
Formerly FrostCat
Please bump me after 48 hours!
Character Website

Llamas are sacred!
Old September 12th, 2021, 09:43 AM
JamesMcavoydeservesaOscar

My Mood: Sarcastic

@Rani

Aspenleaf tried to keep her composure as she glanced around the den one more time. She never liked it with all of its scents of blood, sickness, and strange herbs. “I hope I’m not barging in on anything that needs all of your attention…” she held out her front paw, which was somewhat twisted. “Especially with a minor injury like this. I’m not sure if it’s broken, but it’s certainly at least twisted.”

Aspenleaf Finder: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=39164
Closed Thread