Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 02:55 AM
Closed Thread

Old September 15th, 2021, 05:24 AM
Procrastinator

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

// @Rani
Maybe it was Stormtalon’s piercing headache. Could’ve been the throbbing shoulders or unfortunate state of his paw pads or just how damn tired he was, but when the anticipated lecture came? He chose not to defend himself. No snark, no flimsy excuses. What was there to say? Storm cocked a brow at the medicine’s threat to drug him, but that would hardly qualify as ‘being difficult,' at least. By his normal standards.

As Snakeheart turned, Storm noticed his ears pinned down. Whiskers too...like Snake might actually care about his pain beyond a simple obligation. Which was - somewhat confusing? A thin, unfamiliar shadow of guilt clouded over Storm, and maybe - OW. Stormtalon winced at the paw thrust into his side (more out of surprise than anything else, but still.) Pained amusement flickered in his forest-green eyes. Well. It was quite possibly the most succinct communication that ever passed between them, and for that, a grim laugh fell from his mouth. “Don’t tell me you’re worried about me,” Stormtalon teased gingerly, but didn’t push it further. Dared not.

Gentleness was an oddity. Stormtalon experienced too little for him to care much about the loss of it, but even so, anything soft stood out to him like neon colors in the dark. Snakeheart led him beyond several patients' nests to his own - slow and carefully, as if to make sure to not irritate the open wounds. Storm...didn't know how to respond or interpret this. So he just stayed silent.

Stormtalon’s lips flicked up at the corners when Snakeheart finished his second lecture, but it was a bitter expression. Somber. He could hear in the medicine cat's tone that he didn't expect anything to come of the worrying, the fretting, wondered why he went through with saying all of it anyway.

Before complying with Snake's wishes, the warrior paused a long, lingering moment. Then murmured: “You’re right.” It sounded quiet, smallin the empty den, yet sincere. Apologies weren’t Stormtalon's forte. He wouldn’t even have thought to give one if it weren’t for that look in Snake’s eyes, that unexpected care he must section off for all his patients. “…I’m sorry.”

It didn’t mean he would stop sneaking out per se, but well. Stormtalon knew he couldn’t keep this up. Doing so would end in swift and sure deterioration. Lifting a paw, the one with the worst cracks, Storm hesitantly surrendered it to Snakeheart.

Last edited by Ziera; September 15th, 2021 at 05:25 AM.
Old September 20th, 2021, 08:06 PM
Wait for it...just wait.

My Mood: Hopeful
Wink Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

”Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.” Amberflower said, wincing. “Snakeheart!” She called. No reply. She had been trending in by the river and got a couple thorns in her paws. She was put there, congratulating her new pregnancy. I’ll just wait here, Snakeheart will come. Amberflower found a comfy nest and sat in it. Was it bad she was injured during her pregnancy? Is she going to be a bad mother? Is ThE wOrLd GoInG tO eNd?! She chuckled lightly to herself. The world won’t end. Unless it does. But it won’t. But it might. Amberflower shook her head. “Snakeheart?” She tried again.
Old October 5th, 2021, 04:21 PM
gaycats4life

My Mood: Dark

Stormkit came in the den and wailed "I am SICK!" then he puked again @Rani
Old October 13th, 2021, 02:52 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Mood: Hungry

[ @Shade. so this happens right after the meeting where Kes was absent]

It didn't hurt much but great Starclan were the wounds annoying. Goldenpaw padded into the medicine-den and blinked to get used to the darkness inside. "Snakeheart?" She called and looked around a little, trying to find the medicine-cat.

Pebblesong had gone mad at the meeting and after shouting at the two High ranks present attacked Whitepaw! Both Goldenpaw had Splashleap had come to aid but a few scars on Goldenpaw's face and shoulders had been the result of the warriors claws. Luckily Whitepaw and all other her other clan-mates were fine so it didn't mater. Goldenpaw could handle a few scratches, but she did want to make sure the did get like infected or anything. So it Snakeheart could just come that'd be great.

- Credit to here for the pfp -

You don't have to ask permission to have crushes on/attack my OCs as long as you don't powerplay

Old October 13th, 2021, 03:41 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtail View Post
silverpaw thought for a moment not sure weather to tell the truth about how she got her cuts so she came up with a lie i i i ww w was trying t tt to catch s ss some p p pery b bb but hit a a a t tt thorn bush w w while tt t trying t to c cc c catch it she said hoping that it was convencing enought.
@Rani
This cat was a stuttering mess and obviously lying poorly but Snakeheart wasnt payed enough to deal with this mess, he wasnt even payed at all. He'd heal this cat and send her back to the apprentices den to sleep it off and hope whatever trouble she'd dug up passed over him. If she needed help she could ask for it, if she wished to continue she didnt need it the consequences on her own head, it'd be a lesson of sorts. The medicine cat let out a loud snort but leaned in anyway to apply the marigold over the wound snagging a single poppyseed and offering to her as he said.

"Alright nervous-paw calm down I dont bite. If you want something for the pain you can have this poppyseed and while it may make you groggy Im ordering you to take it easy in the apprentices den anyway so that doesnt matter much. Your choice to take it but once Im done applying the cobwebs youre free to go hang out somewhere that doesnt obviously terrify you."
Apprentices, Snakeheart rolled his eyes as he layered cobwebs over the cut protecting it as well as keeping the salve on and stopping any bleeding. If Silverpaw took the poppyseed or not was her decision the medicine cat had done all he could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostCat View Post
Palebrook gaped at Snakeheart. Oh no. Nononono. "Yes....or no. Well, you see, I used to. Or I still do. Maybe. Um, are you sure I'm having kits? Maybe you made a mistake?" She was in shock. She was having kits. Jackdawblaze's kits. This could not be happening to her. Not now.
Snakehearts muzzle crinkled seeing her dismay as the situation suddenly became more complicated, not wanting kits was valid but what was the source of that want here, worry over her non(?) mate, worry about raising the kits alone? Or did she simply not want them? He could help in the second two cases but the first was out of his paws.
"Yeah Im pretty sure while there is a condition that can cause stomach pains and masses like this the difference is they generally form all over not clustered in the belly, thats a sure fire way to tell its kits. Plus Im pretty sure I felt one move so...... If you dont want to have to raise the kits alone Im sure I can find a queen happy to co-parent with you to help or just straight up adopt them if needed. And if you dont want to have to bear the kits at all.... Well theres options for that too, its your choice here.

On the bright side you and they are perfectly healthy as far as I can see. You dont have to make a decision on what you want right now, take as much time and you need and you can come back later to discuss how you want to move forward. If you wish to keep them just drop a line to Kestrelstar to join the queens and come to me if things feel off I pass no judgement."
His mother was a single queen to him by a rogue and his siblings by who even knows and Snakeheart thought she was the strongest cat in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroissantKitty View Post
@Rani

Aspenleaf tried to keep her composure as she glanced around the den one more time. She never liked it with all of its scents of blood, sickness, and strange herbs. “I hope I’m not barging in on anything that needs all of your attention…” she held out her front paw, which was somewhat twisted. “Especially with a minor injury like this. I’m not sure if it’s broken, but it’s certainly at least twisted.”

Snakeheart let out a low hum and snagged the paw gently looking it over to see if he could spot anything occasionally nudging it with his nose. "I may get irritable with cats that come in over nothing but generally those that do are kits and the occasional dramatic apprentice, if an older and more mature warrior thinks somethings wrong and comes to me there probably is a good reason." His brow furrowed feeling the odd lumps and shape of the paw with his whiskers and tsked gently letting the paw go to pad over to the herb storage calling out behind him. "In this case there is a good reason it's defiantly broken. It doesnt seem shattered so I should be able to heal it so you can still walk on the leg but I warn you breaks rarely heal to perfection. You might come out with a mild limp but its better then nothing. I'll have to straighten the paw and bind it to a stick to keep it straight and then you'll just need to rest in here until youre better but that will be painful. I can either give you poppyseeds so you can sleep painlessly through me fixing it or I can apply a dandelion salve but while it'll numb the pain you'll be awake and will defiantly feel it."
Some cats hated poppyseeds and that was their right as long as they didnt complain things hurt without it, those cats Snakeheart gave a tongue lashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziera View Post
// @Rani
Maybe it was Stormtalon’s piercing headache. Could’ve been the throbbing shoulders or unfortunate state of his paw pads or just how damn tired he was, but when the anticipated lecture came? He chose not to defend himself. No snark, no flimsy excuses. What was there to say? Storm cocked a brow at the medicine’s threat to drug him, but that would hardly qualify as ‘being difficult,' at least. By his normal standards.

As Snakeheart turned, Storm noticed his ears pinned down. Whiskers too...like Snake might actually care about his pain beyond a simple obligation. Which was - somewhat confusing? A thin, unfamiliar shadow of guilt clouded over Storm, and maybe - OW. Stormtalon winced at the paw thrust into his side (more out of surprise than anything else, but still.) Pained amusement flickered in his forest-green eyes. Well. It was quite possibly the most succinct communication that ever passed between them, and for that, a grim laugh fell from his mouth. “Don’t tell me you’re worried about me,” Stormtalon teased gingerly, but didn’t push it further. Dared not.

Gentleness was an oddity. Stormtalon experienced too little for him to care much about the loss of it, but even so, anything soft stood out to him like neon colors in the dark. Snakeheart led him beyond several patients' nests to his own - slow and carefully, as if to make sure to not irritate the open wounds. Storm...didn't know how to respond or interpret this. So he just stayed silent.

Stormtalon’s lips flicked up at the corners when Snakeheart finished his second lecture, but it was a bitter expression. Somber. He could hear in the medicine cat's tone that he didn't expect anything to come of the worrying, the fretting, wondered why he went through with saying all of it anyway.

Before complying with Snake's wishes, the warrior paused a long, lingering moment. Then murmured: “You’re right.” It sounded quiet, smallin the empty den, yet sincere. Apologies weren’t Stormtalon's forte. He wouldn’t even have thought to give one if it weren’t for that look in Snake’s eyes, that unexpected care he must section off for all his patients. “…I’m sorry.”

It didn’t mean he would stop sneaking out per se, but well. Stormtalon knew he couldn’t keep this up. Doing so would end in swift and sure deterioration. Lifting a paw, the one with the worst cracks, Storm hesitantly surrendered it to Snakeheart.
It seemed like something had gotten through Stormtalons thick skull as the warrior wasnt even trying to resist the medicine cats ordered him about and snapped at him simply complying and settling into his nest to be healed with only a comment. The comment did earn Snakehearts ire though because he did care! He always cared! Too much at times! That was the issue, that was what kept getting him in trouble and why he tried to hide that fact! Snakeheart was aware hiding this was becoming increasingly ineffective too so a smart tom like Stormtalon who actually knew the russet tom should already know he cared so what was even up with that comment?! Rrrg the medicine cats frustration at the tabby's refusal to let himself heal was boiling over to other areas it seemed and he was taking one of the normal sassing comments a little more personally then he'd normally take it. So he vented in the most instinctive way he knew how and to the 'dont tell me youre worried about me' he cracked open his mouth and hissed at the older tom briefly. And wow had it been awhile since he'd done that Snakeheart had been hissy from birth it was how he got his name and for so long the tom had the habit of hissing at everything that even slightly annoyed him or was overwhelming. He'd stopped doing that for the most part somewhere but here that old habit was once more.......

Whatever the medicine cat always swiftly moved past whatever made him hiss and now was no different nabbing the burdock semi defeated grabbing a bigger root so he could get away with only using one for the paws pads and shoulders before he was startled by another comment halfway through reaching for the cobwebs.

At first Snakeheart thought he misheard freezing mid motion eyes going wide before the apology came and he knew his ears werent tricking him even if he still didnt really understand. Cats didnt apologist to Snakeheart even if they did him wrong, ever. Hell cats barley admitted to him he was right when he was either too angry and embarrassed from the toms mannerisms or displeased they were shown up by a teenager even if he'd been a high rank most of his life. So even if he heard and understood what had been said it was just not computing. It was a long drawn out moment as still frozen mid grab Snakeheart turned his head to stare at Stormtalon normally slitted eyes wide like a startled kit as he tried to understand this sudden change.

By the time he managed to shake himself out of it the medicine cat knew it was too late to save face there and simply ignored it giving a haughty. "Well at least you have some sense in you." Before he popped the burdock in mouth and chewed before applying it to the toms offered pad and shoulder prodding gently once he was done with that so Stormtalon could give him his other paws cheeks stuffed with burdock like a chipmunk.

@Egasl

Never enough time to do something right always enough to do it wrong ans star was Snakeheart ever doing it wrong. Perhaps that was cynical and not even the original quote (never enough time to do it right, always enough to do it over) but the medicine cat resonated more with the first then the second. No matter how much he tried it always felt like he was doing things wrong, that he wasnt enough and some cats just hammered that feeling in more. Sunpaw was one of those cats. Now he didnt hate her not at all! The apprentice was kind, thoughtful, interested in herbs but not pushy, eager and just generally happy..... Everything Snakeheart was not and it was a bitter thought. That wasnt her fault though but another of his so when the molly entered his den the tom suppressed his baseless venom before even turning to see what brought the blind molly in.

Which was good because she wasnt in the best of shape. "Oh dear stars what in the world happened to you?! Who or what attacked you if theres a wild animal on the territory I'll need to inform the clan and if it was a cat what kind of scum would do this to a blind young apprentice?! Ok just... remain calm Sunpaw and follow my tail to one of the nests as soon as you lay down I'll go get the herbs this shouldnt be a hard heal to do."

@Poppy'song

A unaware cat might call some of Snakehearts skills magic or a gift from starclan but they'd be wrong in several ways. His skills were no gift from a group he didnt believe in but the products of more then half his life spent in this role and a near countless number of cats treated by his paws. Some things you just picked up and this was a extremely useful tool to have at that. Many a times ever second you could spare to heal a cat could mean the difference between life and death and speed was often key so identifying some basic herbs he might need for the paitent coming in came in handy a decent amount. To that effect the medicine cat had learned to he highly sensitive to certain smells like that of blood, infection and sickness so he could be grabbing the herbs as the cat was first stepping into his den. Still of all the scents he was attuned too there was one that spike fear through his pelt more then the others. Sickness, particularly the scent of the sickness whitecough or greencough the one illness that could spread fast through and entire clan leaving death in its wake if not dealt with quickly.

So when he smelled whitecouch as the soft noises of a kit approaching reached his ears Snakeheart froze in place before lunging at his herb stores yelled to the kit behind him without even looking at her.
"Kit! Dont lay in one of the patient beds in this den see the side chamber in the wall that leads to a separate den with nests in there? Go lay in one of those, those are the beds for sick cats like you so you dont infect the clan I'll be with you in a second with herbs to help just go get comfortable there."
Catmint catmint where was his catmin- oh dear gods no. Pure horror consumed Snakeheart as he finally found his stock of the life saving herb, or at least what was left of it. He'd not had a whitecough or greencough patient in so long and he'd refilled his stock right after the last wave so he had no need to check on it but it'd been moons since then! It'd been too long and now all that remained of the medicine cats stores were withered and rotting catmint leaves. He didnt have what he needed to treat the kit. Oh stars please no this was bad.
Old October 13th, 2021, 03:41 PM
Mysterious....

@Singing Jay

The smell of herbs irritated Lotusheart more than she'd like to admit. She made every effort to remain stoic, however, sitting in the dim lighting of the medicine den. Her posture was straightened and her bling eye gleamed rather ominously, reflecting whatever light came through like a glossy river pebble.
She was getting closer to her ultimate goal, she knew. She was fufilling her duty as a good cat, healing the wounds of those in need, albeit her very limited abilities. But at least she wasn't a monster, like Snakeheart. He was a poor, misguided creature, using his abilities to help villains. She didn't know what had happened in her absence, but she was sure his state likely had something to do with whatever Kestrelstar had done these past moons. Right now, the medicine cat was a pitiful animal that Lotusheart needed to help, as the resident (self-appointed) paragon of light and kindness.

A sound of someone approaching caught her attention. Goldenpaw had just entered the den, in search of the medicine cat. There was a deep cut that smelled of blood. Her first opportunity to help, it seemed.
"Goldenpaw, sadly Snakeheart is out of commission right now, so I've been assigned to take over any fairly minor injuries. I assume you come here becuase of the cut?" she asked. The apprentice had fought off a deranged warrior in defense of a clanmate. Truly a heroic act. The pitiful creature had gone mad, too bad it had ended that way. But Goldenpaw was now in Lotusheart's good graces.

Last edited by Shade.; October 13th, 2021 at 03:42 PM.
Old October 13th, 2021, 03:51 PM
running with the wind

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
This cat was a stuttering mess and obviously lying poorly but Snakeheart wasnt payed enough to deal with this mess, he wasnt even payed at all. He'd heal this cat and send her back to the apprentices den to sleep it off and hope whatever trouble she'd dug up passed over him. If she needed help she could ask for it, if she wished to continue she didnt need it the consequences on her own head, it'd be a lesson of sorts. The medicine cat let out a loud snort but leaned in anyway to apply the marigold over the wound snagging a single poppyseed and offering to her as he said.

"Alright nervous-paw calm down I dont bite. If you want something for the pain you can have this poppyseed and while it may make you groggy Im ordering you to take it easy in the apprentices den anyway so that doesnt matter much. Your choice to take it but once Im done applying the cobwebs youre free to go hang out somewhere that doesnt obviously terrify you."
Apprentices, Snakeheart rolled his eyes as he layered cobwebs over the cut protecting it as well as keeping the salve on and stopping any bleeding. If Silverpaw took the poppyseed or not was her decision the medicine cat had done all he could.
silverpaw nodded and took the poppy seed and left the den
Old October 13th, 2021, 05:40 PM
The raven army is coming~

Bump Policy: Please bump me anytime after 48 hours!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Snakehearts muzzle crinkled seeing her dismay as the situation suddenly became more complicated, not wanting kits was valid but what was the source of that want here, worry over her non(?) mate, worry about raising the kits alone? Or did she simply not want them? He could help in the second two cases but the first was out of his paws.
"Yeah Im pretty sure while there is a condition that can cause stomach pains and masses like this the difference is they generally form all over not clustered in the belly, thats a sure fire way to tell its kits. Plus Im pretty sure I felt one move so...... If you dont want to have to raise the kits alone Im sure I can find a queen happy to co-parent with you to help or just straight up adopt them if needed. And if you dont want to have to bear the kits at all.... Well theres options for that too, its your choice here.

On the bright side you and they are perfectly healthy as far as I can see. You dont have to make a decision on what you want right now, take as much time and you need and you can come back later to discuss how you want to move forward. If you wish to keep them just drop a line to Kestrelstar to join the queens and come to me if things feel off I pass no judgement."
His mother was a single queen to him by a rogue and his siblings by who even knows and Snakeheart thought she was the strongest cat in the world.
Palebrook took a deep breath. “No, it’s not that I don’t want them. Not at all, actually. I’ve wanted kits for as long as I can remember. But you see, my mate Jackdawblaze went missing a little while ago, and these are his kits, I’m sure. There’s no other explanation. But I didn’t think it would happen so soon after he went away…I don’t even know if he’s alive.” She paused, thinking rapidly. Slow down, She told herself. You’re getting carried away. Jackdawblaze is alive. If StarClan is letting you bear his kits than he must be. He’ll come back, and then we will raise our kits together. But until then, she had a problem.

“Yes, I’ll keep the kits of course. But I would appreciate some help. I was relying on having Jackdawblaze with me when this happened. Would it be possible to have someone help me? Another queen, to be specific?” That would most definitely help, especially one that experienced in the art of kit raising, and one who had kits for her little ones to play with. But more to help Palebrook. She had no idea how to this. Oh, what was she getting herself into?

In the beginning, God created man, but seeing him so feeble, He gave him the cat
People who don’t like cats were mice in earlier lives
Formerly FrostCat
Please bump me after 48 hours!
Character Website

Llamas are sacred!
Old October 14th, 2021, 02:43 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Mood: Hungry

@Shade.

Well Snakeheart was no where to be seen. Goldenpaw didn't mind much, after the embarrassment that had been her last visit here she actually rather see that one of his... uhm... helper... were to, well, help her.

She sighed a little at Lotusheart's question. "Yes, Pebblesong... and Whitepaw... yeah." Her voice trailed of as the glanced down the cuts on her shoulder. She couldn't for the life of it understand how someone could just attack their clan-mate like that, an apprentice at a meeting that already was pure chaos none the less. Goldenpaw shock her head and cleared her head a little befroe looking back at the warrior. "Pebblesong went insane, and now I have these" Another gesture towards the blood slowly dripping down her leg and chest.

"So you're supposed to heal me? Where's our beloved medicine-cat" Her voice was questioning but other wise flat, without the sarcasm that her words might indicate.

- Credit to here for the pfp -

You don't have to ask permission to have crushes on/attack my OCs as long as you don't powerplay

Old October 14th, 2021, 03:32 AM
Mysterious....

@Singing Jay

Lotusheart grabbed a small pawful of moss and dipped it in some water. She knew how to disinfect the wounds and patch them up and knew what infection smelled like. So far the cuts only smelled of blood, but you never knew what got under the claws of your enemy. She dabbed the wet moss carefully over the cuts.

"Yes, I saw. Quite the unfortunate situation. Also, sorry for the stinging, disinfection hurts a little." she mewed. She pitied Pebblesong and her demise but understood where Splashleap was coming from, despite her personal distaste for murder.

Lotusheart grabbed some of the cobwebs and began carefully applying them onto the wound, paying attention not to overdo it or waste more cobwebs than neceessary. Lotusheart was obviously not an expert but it seemed like the wounds would heal just fine, perhaps only leaving a scar.

"Snakeheart is...ill, in a manner of speaking. Overworked. He can't really function properly right now.. So whoever has any medical knowledge has been entrusted with taking over the more minor cases." she explained calmly. So far, the apprentice seemed to share a lot of her own views.
Closed Thread