by hiraeth
Last post by hiraeth
Today 02:21 AM

Old June 20th, 2021, 09:38 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Whispering Wetlands

@spade @Tiabirb @Quickpaw

(Wait is Snowypaw Gull’s apprentice. I totally didn’t know that thought she was Batscreech’s app)

Gulltwist was bored by their apprentice and then they picked up a scent, a horrible evil monstrosity of a scent, it was a BIRD. Gulltwist had a petrifying fear of birds, they’d mostly been able to avoid their fear by staying away from the Riverclan border but now they were forced to face this thing the second her apprentice booked it to camp she turned sprinting back towards camp, hopefully the other warriors would believe she was chasing down her apprentice, not also running from the bird in terror. But she could care less if she was given that reputation, as long as she was away from the evil bird. Her eyes were massively wide from the fear which the warriors might have spotted before she fled like her apprentice.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old June 21st, 2021, 08:29 PM
ß|ł

My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post

(Wait is Snowypaw Gull’s apprentice. I totally didn’t know that thought she was Batscreech’s app)

Gulltwist was bored by their apprentice and then they picked up a scent, a horrible evil monstrosity of a scent, it was a BIRD. Gulltwist had a petrifying fear of birds, they’d mostly been able to avoid their fear by staying away from the Riverclan border but now they were forced to face this thing the second her apprentice booked it to camp she turned sprinting back towards camp, hopefully the other warriors would believe she was chasing down her apprentice, not also running from the bird in terror. But she could care less if she was given that reputation, as long as she was away from the evil bird. Her eyes were massively wide from the fear which the warriors might have spotted before she fled like her apprentice.
(I don't know.)
Cloudheart unsheathed his claws.
@spade @Tiabirb

Please bump me after twenty-four hours.
Ask My Cats!
Shop!
My Cats' Information!
Please check out this awesome Warriors role-playing website!
Old June 21st, 2021, 08:44 PM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post

//Yes, Snowy is Gull's apprentice XD Batscreech doesn't have an apprentice
Old June 21st, 2021, 08:46 PM
chirps

[ also snowy ran back to camp! just so everyone here's aware haha, they booked it outta there and are currently reporting to Wolffang ^^ ]

// @Tiabirb @Zesty Mango @Quickpaw
Old June 26th, 2021, 02:26 AM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

@Nostalgia
decided to move this to the wc/shc border o: //

well, she was pretty sure the clans hated them because they were shadowclan, but okay then. there were more important things anyways, like adderflowers ugly comment! buzzardpaws jaw dropped, brows furrowing and she hurried after her mentor. "yes, people like me! badgerscar, wolfwhisper, bonekit, my mom, berrykit, and tons more." well, two of the ones that were listed had disappeared but that didn't matter.

she looked around, taking interest in the new scenery that proved to be much different than the generally dark territory of shadowclan. "i mean, do any cats like you?" she asked, figuring the answer would be no-- because who in their right mind would like someone like adderflower.

slowing to a stop, she would sit down a fox length away from her mentor, simply out of pettiness. what did she know about windclan? "uhm...well, i know we don't like them, they're fast, eat rabbits..." what else? "oh! i know that they killed a bunch of cats because they invaded the camp, and the elders 'n queens 'n kits took shelter in a barn- and it caught on fire." she added on, recalling the story that one of the elders had told her.

"uhh...i dunno if that's actually true or not, one of the elders told me the story, so it might be." buzzardpaw admitted a few moments later, glancing over to the warrior.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old June 26th, 2021, 04:14 PM

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnzel View Post
@Nostalgia
decided to move this to the wc/shc border o: //

well, she was pretty sure the clans hated them because they were shadowclan, but okay then. there were more important things anyways, like adderflowers ugly comment! buzzardpaws jaw dropped, brows furrowing and she hurried after her mentor. "yes, people like me! badgerscar, wolfwhisper, bonekit, my mom, berrykit, and tons more." well, two of the ones that were listed had disappeared but that didn't matter.

she looked around, taking interest in the new scenery that proved to be much different than the generally dark territory of shadowclan. "i mean, do any cats like you?" she asked, figuring the answer would be no-- because who in their right mind would like someone like adderflower.

slowing to a stop, she would sit down a fox length away from her mentor, simply out of pettiness. what did she know about windclan? "uhm...well, i know we don't like them, they're fast, eat rabbits..." what else? "oh! i know that they killed a bunch of cats because they invaded the camp, and the elders 'n queens 'n kits took shelter in a barn- and it caught on fire." she added on, recalling the story that one of the elders had told her.

"uhh...i dunno if that's actually true or not, one of the elders told me the story, so it might be." buzzardpaw admitted a few moments later, glancing over to the warrior.

Adderflower let out a dry chuckle.

Well yes your mom has to like you, I’m sure. For your information I’m well respected among the other warriors. And if you must know I consider Frogfang and SleekWhisker good friends.”

Her eyes continued to scan the moor as she listened to Buzzardpaw talk about the past tensions between the two clans.

Windclan cats were thin and small; to Adderflower they were nothing but pests that didn’t deserve the land they had. Nor their attitude for that manner.

For a split second she could hear an echo of a mew in her mind, as if the wind was bringing back memories she so desperately tried to forget. She scrunched her nose as she refocused, pushing all thoughts of the past away.

Windclan is stupid.” She stated flatly.

They are small proud cats whose only talent is speed,” she turned her gaze to her apprentice, “ but even the fastest prey gets caught.”

Tensions between Shadowclan and Windclan were high and only going to get worse as Dawnstar had recently sent out warriors to expand their borders into Windclan territory. Adderflower had this thought in her mind as she stared at her apprentice. Buzzardpaw was small, therefore she would be at an advantage against those Windclan cats; smaller targets were harder to hit.

Windclan cats live in the open, they have no dens under bushes or trees. Most live in rabbit burrow like dug outs, or, at times simply in the crescents of the hills. Twilightstar is the leader and currently she is deep in debt to Shadowclan,” Adderflower declared.

She flicked her ear as she took a second to think.

We will most likely be fighting those bunnies soon. Tell me, what is the best approach to defending yourself against a Windclan cat.”

Adderflower knew that Buzzardpaw most likely wouldn’t know the anwser. It wasn’t like the dumb molly let her teach her anything. This would be their first time actually interacting with words instead of insults.

on hiatus due to personal reasons .

Last edited by Nostalgia; June 26th, 2021 at 04:15 PM.
Old June 26th, 2021, 04:34 PM
yippee!!!

@Nostalgia //

finally, adderflower was saying something she could agree with. "well, yeah, of course they're dumb! they're bunnies!" bunnies had no brains, and if they did, they were very small. that should be obvious to all shadowclan cats (maybe even the other clans. too.) and a slow nod came from the apprentice, repeating the words in her head: even the fastest prey gets caught.

buzzardpaw stayed silent at the question for a solid minute. there was a possibility of them fighting windclan soon? jeez, it seemed like all the clans did was fight, shadowclan and windclan being caught in an endless cycle. she knew the tensions between the clans were high, but she didn't consider the fact that they might fight soon. apparently this was because twilightstar owed them stuff.

"uhm," the apprentice began, thinking about the question. "be faster than them..? or ignore their speed and just use strength to your advantage." she said with a small sniff. the answer seemed correct, to her anyways. speed was probably better in a battle, since if you were fast enough, you could dodge any attacks-- but strength could also prove to be better if you just pinned your opponent down.

Old June 26th, 2021, 08:08 PM

@finnzel

Adderflower raised an eyebrow. For once there was no snappy remark, no sassy comment, no direct insult.

She listened to Buzzardpaws ideas, her mouth giving a small twitch as the apprentice listed her ideas.

As amazing as our warriors are, speed unfortunately is not something we can beat Windclan in. Our strength is greater, yes, but is no help if we can’t land a paw on them.”

She got to her paws and motioned with her tail for Buzzardpaw to do the same.

“The best move against Windclan is to use their speed against them. Jumping above them and using our bodies to trap them and or trip them is a good way to slow them down. Working in pairs is always a good idea as well as it traps them and they don’t have the ability to push their way out. Well go over attacks specific to Windclan warriors during our battle training.” She raised her eyebrow and fixed her apprentice with a look.

“If you allow that, that is,” she stated, a challenge formed between her words.

Old June 28th, 2021, 05:22 AM
yippee!!!

@Nostalgia //

oh, so her idea was wrong. (she expected that sort of, but it was still upsetting.) couldn't they just, like, lure the windclanners into a trap and then beat them up? she was pretty sure they wouldn't be fast enough to escape the trap if they were stuck in....a badger..infested den..? well it's definitely cool sounding, she thought.

standing up soon after adderflower did, buzzardpaw raised a brow at the question. adderflower had been pretty peaceful today, and she was hoping she'd be the same for the next few moons at least. "sure," she said with a small nod, wondering if her mentor would end up finding any problems in the future, staring at the older molly.

"but now, lets go to the other borders! we can continue trash talking them," she puffed with a flicker of her tail. thunderclan, they were a bunch of squirrels. riverclan, they were a bunch of dirty stinky fish, she knew that from experience.

Old June 28th, 2021, 02:06 PM

@finnzel

Adderflower twitched her ear in acknowledgment. Buzzardpaw had unexpectedly accepted her invite for actual training, which, was unusual and slightly suspicious.

The warrior turned away and started padding towards the Thunderclan border, her eyes still flickering towards the Windclan border every so often as if to check that no one was following them.

What clan do we share another border with?” She asked her apprentice as they made their way towards the thicker part of the forest.

(Let’s move this to the Herondive Hollow)