Old April 6th, 2024, 03:11 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Default Re: WindClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
Bravebird - WindClan Warrior
She/her | 45 moons | Beefed Up T3, One with the Warren
There was something about the way in which the WindClan leader said her name that had Bravebird regretting stepping paw in the den. Not because of anything Twilightstar had done, but because it only fueled the rampant self-hatred that had been bubbling late. She knew well enough that her presence in the Clan since her return had been dismal at best, and though she was trying her best to change that she felt... stuck. The last thing she wanted to happen was for whatever pride or admiration her leader seemed to hold for her to dissipate like fog in the morning light.

"...I know this is going to sound silly, and that I should be well beyond these kit-like fears, but..." Her voice was steady thankfully as she started, taking a seat across from the leader and keeping her gaze lifted. "Ever since my return - or maybe even ever since StarClan saw fit to bring me back, I've felt... stuck. I've been able to regain my memories - or rather, rebuild them in a sense. Memories of training Fernpaw-" there was a slight wince at the mention of his name, "-or of patrolling alongside Crowtooth or Fallownose, or even battles like the one for the Sky Glade..." That one was rather sour now after everything that had happened with Peachfrost... "...It's like I can see the cat I used to be, but I can't... reach her."

...For a moment Brave stopped to wonder if this was making any sense. Her thoughts felt jumbled around, falling over one another in an effort to get out of her mind. "I know my presence in the Clan is nothing like it used to be. I... I've started to second-guess myself. I don't feel that same passion I did before - but I want to." Desperation entered her eyes and infiltrated her plea as she peered at Twilightstar. "I know I'm WindClan through and through. I don't know if its the fire, or still not being able to remember specific, little things, or my own..." The lilac warrior dropped her gaze and shook her head. It was like a constant fight, the decision of whether or not to be vulnerable. Maybe this was just her growing up, and these changes were normal...

"...I guess I just wanted to talk to someone about... how to get it back. Or just how to... stop being so angry at the stars for bringing me back without my memories in the first place? I don't want to burden my mother with all of these - she's gone through so much already in life, so I..." ...Decided to come speak with you. The unspoken words hung silently in the air as Brave lifted her head and looked over at Twilightstar. It was a rare sight - the fear and uncertainly in her blue eyes instead of the intense passion she was known for.

[ @Moonraven ]

Twilightstar lazily swished her tail behind her as Bravebird sat down before her. As she jumped into what brought her here, the leader found herself a little stumped. Twilightstar's ability to empathize and place herself into the paws of her clanmates and their problems often helped her find the words and wisdom to guide them when troubled. Bravebird's predicament was a little more touchy. Twilightstar couldn't relate in the slightest to what it was like to lose one's memories, regain them and their place, and still feel not quite yourself.

"Well, not many understand what kind of personality they really have, or what they really want. Some say they finally understand before you die, but no cat in their right mind would want to experience death to get to the root of that problem. I could be looking at this wrong, but what it seems like you need is an urge to live in the present." Twilightstar hoped she was looking at this right. Or offering something of help and not blowing hot air here.

"A purpose you can be proud of, to become someone you can love. Your memories are fixed, but there may be an emptiness in your heart. It's not just contemplating what you should do as a cat. It's the desire to act as yourself, what's called ego. Your self. Finding that is a journey for you and you alone, Bravebird." Twilightstar's purpose was comprised of taking care of the clan as a whole, it was her drive, her motivation, her desire.

But most cats don't have that same mindset as her, they break down the clan through the personal bonds they build. Whether it was family, friends, mates, apprentices, or mentors, there was always more than blind loyalty and responsibility that drove them to act in certain ways. They filled a void in the heart, giving them a sense of purpose. Granted, not everyone needed someone to give them that sense of purpose.

"My suggestion is to spend more time with your clanmates and involve yourself in their lives more. Whether it's listening to elders gossip, playing with kits, training apprentices, or sharing tongues with your fellow warriors. You might find your missing passion in spending time with those around you. Or maybe build a new fire, you may not find what gave you the same drive as you had moons ago, and there's nothing wrong with that." Bravebird could also spend more time alone and ask herself some of those harder why and what questions, although she made it sound like she'd had enough alone time as it was.

"Unfortunately, I can't tell you what you need to find to remedy your problem. I don't think anyone can but you. I will certainly always be here to support you as much as I can while you're looking." The leader leaned in to give the she-cat's head some comforting licks. Twilightstar felt bad about not having the answers poor Bravebird was looking for, but she hoped this advice helped somewhat and didn't just cause further confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Awww come on Twi! You had to bring up the disaster that was Crowtooths first mentor on him! He'd happily forgotten most of that! Well, kinda, he knew the basics but it was only now that he was prompted that the whole mess of the incident came rushing back.
To which the tom promptly flushed, head dipping down in embarrassment as he muttered out a slightly belligerent "Harefoot was an ableist jerk......" though he was well aware it didnt excuse him pulling claws and trying to get into a fist fight. Creekdash had treated him far better at least and Harefoot had promptly vanished so alls well that ends well. Still not his best moment thought.

"Okay so 'm not gonna tell Lightningstorm about that little tiff but when she has a moment 'll swing by wit' some prey an' give cheerin' her up a go. She deserves some joy. An' 'f I get no answers there then I suppose I just aint supposed ta know an' will have ta content myself wit' makin' however thought I was worth the chance not regret that."
Not that the tom regretted murking Dawnstar for daring to hurt Twilightstar yet again like she hadnt already done too much. Though he'd need to figure out something else nice to do for Lightningstorm before visiting, giving prey was just normal clanmate activity and bringing herbs was work related not comfort.... He'd have to go on a search.

Though that the leader liked the idea of a history lesson earned a pleased chuff and a flicked tail, happy he'd found an event Twilightstar might be interested in. To cats who didnt need the warning the tale could serve a dual purpose as an entertaining distraction and break from the busyness of work.
"Ill start that soon then, an' be sure ta remind then ta not start fights. Though 'ts not like we're the ones usually creatin' trouble anyways."
Crowtooth for his part had no doubt that eventually riverclan would grow active again, and for all they'd been allies in the past he couldnt see that activity being anything but bad.

Hence, the preparing.

The worry over the tunneling abilities was valid, though from personal experience down there the tom doubted any other clan was using them so after some thoughtful tapping he proposed an idea. "We could use a pelt? 'f we find a badger or some other tunnel predator an' strip a pelt like shadowclan does we can use that ta cover fer our presence. 'f another clan finds an entrance that was clearly dug but smells like badger theyre unlikely ta go 'n and track 't down down there and'll just assume 't was a badger, not a cat. They'll prolly collapse the entrance for us."
Which was what Crowtooth was planning to do with any discovered tunnel entrance. Of course a badger was a hard kill but little did either cat know the much easier to kill tunnel mink would be there soon to provide ample pelts.

"Besides of course the scent coverin' methods an' entrance hidin' will be taken, I can spitball ideas wit' others as well 'f ya want." Crowtooth could think of a couple of wiley cats who's have ideas he could pick the brain off. Plus, a certain thought was enough to cause a roguish grin to curl on the tom complete with a conniving nudge to the leader " 'sides its me, ya really think I cant outfox anyone down there? I can make sure the route back is so full o' twists an' turns they aint gettin' anywhere but lost. Can start crackin' on wit' the idea immediately 'f ya like 't, Ive been trainin' more cats of late so 'ts possible." It'd mean a trained guide would be required to anyone wanting to use the paths but that was a small price really, there was an increasing number interested.

The leader turned down the dam idea though and to be honest the tom could see why, so talked no more on it.

@Moonraven

Twilightstar couldn't disagree with Crowtooth's statements about his former mentor. Harefoot had not been the right mentor for Crowtooth as an apprentice. Sadly, she supposed she played her part in that problem pairing them together. But no matter how hard she tried, Twilightstar would never know how mentor and apprentice pairings would go until after they started getting to know each other. Though she tried, Twilightstar often only knew her warriors and apprentices at a surface level. She was glad Creekdash and him bonded much better.

Oh, so he was going to leave that tale out. Perhaps that would best be considering what went on with Cowtuft. Although, few recalled, but Lightningstorm's first mentor had been Leechscar before she was called away to be a medicine cat. Those two had an unusual relationship, but not bad. Lightningstorm might get a kick out of hearing how Crowtooth fought Harefoot. Regardless, she was sure or at least hoping that whatever approach Crowtooth took, it brought Lightningstorm a small sense of happiness. Outside of her mate, Firestorm, Lightningstorm was distant from every cat. She could do with a friend if she was willing to trust.

Twilightstar twitched her ears. She was sure that whatever lesson Crowtooth shared with the clan would be a good one. He made a point in WindClan rarely being the ones to start stuff. Outside of the fact that it went against WindClan's nature unless they had a solid reason to, Twilightstar expected her warriors to conduct themselves the average idiots who jumped into the battle the moment they couldn't control their emotions. WindClan didn't fight unless they had to. It was one of the few reasons WindClan was known as the most honorable of the clans.

"That sounds like a reasonable plan." She replied. She'd never thought of skinning anything before. It reminded her far too much of ShadowClan. Still, she could see the merit in using a pelt to hide WindClan's presence. "If you do end up hunting a predator, make sure you take enough warriors to help you and be careful." Twilightstar reminded. Ensuring he wouldn't be running around hunting predators by himself.

"Of course, I do not doubt that you can outfox any cat when it comes to the tunnels." The leader's eye glittered with amusement. "But don't get too cocky, you never know when you'll find someone who can navigate through the tunnels like you. All it takes is one wrong cat to find something they shouldn't for trouble to brew." Twilightstar purred, finding no need to inflate Crowtooth's unwavering ego any more than it was already.

"Talk to who you'd like, extra feedback never hurt. You can start working on the tunnels whenever you'd like. If you've found a suitable force to serve as tunnelers, give me their names. I can talk with Dustbunny and see about instating them as tunnelers alongside you two." Twilightstar told him.

Dustbunny's already told the WindClan leader more than once that she was happy to give Crowtooth his lead tunneler rank back. The molly has never wanted it, she was just stuck filling in after he disappeared. However, even though Crowtooth has proven more than once that he's fit for the rank. Twilightstar didn't see the need, she had her reason for keeping things as they were even if they weren't visible. She was hoping that whichever cats Crowtooth's inspired actually stuck around. She didn't think WindClan's ever had more than two tunnelers at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith View Post

His ears perked at the sound of his name and Fallownose barely withheld a wince. Yeah, he figured that was coming. He wove his way through camp, giving his fur a quick shake in the hopes it didn't look quite as unkempt as usual. Stars, he really needed to go back to grooming regularly. Had he really fallen this far?

"Twilightstar," Fallownose greeted, giving her a respectful dip of his head. Despite being fairly certain of the reason Twilightstar had called him here he would still wait for her to speak first. Assuming oftentimes only led to hurt, and he had been down that path one too many times.

@Moonraven

Twilightstar dipped her head as Fallownose entered her den. Twilightstar didn't bother mincing words as she spoke. "I understand that you've been going through a lot but I can't help but wonder if it might be a good idea for you to retire from deputy." Even though her words were harsh, her tone was gentle.

"Your presence in the clan has diminished quite a bit, patrols are going out late enough that I'm starting to worry about a famine in WindClan. You're late to meetings, late to gatherings. You've also been disappearing for periods." Twilightstar meowed, eyes gleaming with concern.

"You've served WindClan well for far longer than any other deputy I've had in the past, but I can't keep overlooking your absence and tardiness. Not when it starts affecting the clan. If you find your time as a deputy stressful, replacing me will be much harder on you. If you are as you've been as late, WindClan will fall apart under such weak leadership. I don't want to see WindClan become ThunderClan or RiverClan." She meowed sternly.

Weak leadership caused both clans to fall into ruin. Bumblestar, although Twilightstar wasn't fond of the leader's methods or ways, has been getting ThunderClan back on its paws. She watched Brightsky shatter under the weight of leadership and WindClan with it, and Twilightstar had to pick up all those pieces and turn this clan into what it was today. Weak, strong, call WindClan whatever, it was stable. As much as she adored Fallownose, the path he was walking now was not one Twilightstar could get behind for WindClan. Unless he could give her something that made her see otherwise, and convince her, it might be time for him to step down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpider. View Post
@Moonraven @Moonraven
RussetNose sat outside the den "TwilightStar?"

[You only needed to post once. Even if it takes a bit of time, I try to make sure I get through all the leader den posts every week. ]
Twilightstar got to her paws and padded to the edge of her, peering out. Russenose. The cats in her clan knew they could just walk into her den, so it was odd to see Russetnose waiting. Twilightstar bounced outside of the den and landed a bit away from Russetnose. "Yes, what do you need?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiabirb View Post
Swiftfire
----------------

The incident at the border had been yet another straw to break the badger's back. "Twilightstar!" Swiftfire called out, even daring to enter the den. "We have a situation!" Swiftfire's tone was agitated and angry, and her fur bristled uncontrollably.

"Batglare, Twistedpaw and I were out hunting. Batglare sent Twistedpaw with me to catch a rabbit, but when she didn't return we went to find her. We found her inside of the RiverClan border..."
Swiftfire's lip curled back, "Apparently RiverClan has decided that savaging helpless apprentices is acceptable. Twistedpaw's in a critical state, and the RiverClan foxhearts who hurt her stuck around to watch her die!"

Her breathing grew ragged and heavy, and her claws unsheathed, sinking into the floor of the den. "She didn't deserve that...she would have come back if they had told her off. Instead, they chose to...they wanted to..." Swiftfire's words were failing her, the distress clear on her face. "What are we going to do?" She needed to know. There was no way RiverClan was going to get away with this...right? Not after they had three RiverClanners waltz into their camp, right? Swiftfire stared desperately at Twilightstar, her throat tight and heart pounding.

@Moonraven

Oh, dear what set the molly off now? Twilightstar bristled in alarm as Swiftfire entered her den, raging. Twilightstar forced her fur to lay flat as Swiftfire went into details for her surprising visit. It was a chore to remain composed and calm after learning what set the warrior off. Her tail lashed violently behind her, and claws rooted themselves into the below her bark in anger.

As much as she wanted to yowl at both Swiftfire and Batglare for not minding the apprentice better, turning her temper on her warriors was not the answer. "Right now, we're doing nothing. I've already stated we're going to war, but fighting RiverClan and dealing with the minks right this second is an impossible battle." Twilightstar growled, not interested in starting an argument about that.

"You and Batglare are to replace whichever herbs Lightningstorm ends up using and are to inform her that you're on herb patrol duty for the next moon." She hissed through gritted teeth. Accident or not, one of the warriors should have been watching over Twistedpaw if they were going to be hunting around the border. This was a light punishment to deal with.

"This crime will not go unpunished, RiverClan will pay for this just as they will pay for rest of their transgressions, but fighting a battle on two different fronts will gain us nothing." WindClan could get rid of the minks within the moon, rest, and then deal with RiverClan. Twilightstar was about as livid as she was when she found the trespassers in camp. RiverClan's arrogance will not go unchecked. The leader would have to go pay a visit to Twistedpaw later to see if she could get any details on who exactly attacked her and whether she was let off with a warning or not.

As Swiftfire stated, it was unlikely that Twistedpaw of all cats wouldn't have backed off as soon as was told to leave. It was against the code to attack a cat without give a warning and a chance to leave. But it's not like she expected RiverClan to follow the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
(Primal Instincts and Silver Tongue purrks in use)
Snowkit climbed up to the leader's den. "Can I clean your nest for you, Twilightstar?" She asked just as sweetly as she could.
@Moonraven

Twilightstar lifted her head as Snowkit managed to get into her den. It was a feat that even her warriors grumbled about. Twilightstar quickly padded over to the kit and sniffed around her, searching for any wounds or splinters. Once she was reassured nothing was wrong with the kitten, she sat back down.
"You are quite the incredible little one, Snowkit. You can help me clean my nest with me if you'd like." Twilightstar purred, not going to sit back and watch the kit do it herself.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old April 6th, 2024, 03:13 PM
Wally darling's #1 fan

Bump Policy: Anytime! though i might be slow to Respond
My Mood: Fanatic

@Moonraven

"I need to talk to you about the riverclan attacking thing" he gave his chest a nervous lick

Old April 6th, 2024, 03:15 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpider. View Post
@Moonraven

"I need to talk to you about the riverclan attacking thing" he gave his chest a nervous lick

Twilightstar tail tip twitch but other than that she gave nothing away. "Alright, go ahead, I'm all ears." She encouraged.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old April 6th, 2024, 03:17 PM
Wally darling's #1 fan

Bump Policy: Anytime! though i might be slow to Respond
My Mood: Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post

Twilightstar tail tip twitch but other than that she gave nothing away. "Alright, go ahead, I'm all ears." She encouraged.

"I Don't want to fight riverclan... I don't think we need to" he hated telling his leader what to and what not to do
(Sorry for short posts DEATH DEIFIER ACTIVE)

Last edited by Sunny Cheerful; April 6th, 2024 at 03:35 PM.
Old April 6th, 2024, 04:32 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Bravebird - WindClan Warrior
She/her | 45 moons | Beefed Up T3, One with the Warren
An urge to live in the present. It was something that Bravebird hadn't even really considered, but hearing it spoken now it made a lot of sense. She had been so caught in her anger at their ancestors, not for her death because she was smart enough now to see that was of her own volition, but in wiping her memories clean. She had been so stuck in blaming them when in reality... it wasn't their fault. Or maybe it was. But what the WindClan warrior knew above all else is that it was in the past - and she was getting tired of putting energy towards it.

Her brows furrowed together in thought as Twilightstar went on, ears perked to listen entirely. A lot of what she was saying made a lot more sense, and some of the thoughts had and hadn't crossed her mind before. A purpose she could be proud of... well, it had always been WindClan. Ever since she had become an apprentice in the Clan and started her training, her one true purpose in life had been to serve WindClan with unyielding strength and undying loyalty. Even in her actual death, none of that had stopped.

This thought was only fueled when her leader's next piece of advice was to spend more time with her Clanmates. Brave couldn't help but nod along, the beginnings of a smile spreading along her face. Her Clanmates. "I think my passion has always been rooted in serving WindClan," she added, half to Twilightstar and half to herself. It was all she thought about, it was why she had worked so hard to make her way back not once, but twice. Each time something had tried to rip her away, Brave had fought tooth and claw until she found her way back home.

"I feel like being so stuck in the past, in what once was - in the cat I once was - had me blind to seeing the cat I could become." It wasn't news to her that she wasn't as bloodthirsty or reckless as she used to be. Sure they were still there, but she didn't just rush blindly into things anymore. Part of that she knew was from what Fernpaw had taught her, but perhaps some of it came from just... growing up. She wasn't a young warrior anymore by any means. A dry laugh fell from her mouth. "I always thought I'd be the type of cat to act first and think later. Always ready to rip and tear at the drop of a pin. And I still am - but I think I finally understand why that might not always be the best approach now," she joked, amusement twinkling in her gaze. Memories of a younger version of herself floated through her head - flinging herself right at Dawnstar with no regard for her life, tearing into Twilightstar's den seeing red after hearing what Fernpaw had told her and begging for her leader to dismantle their alliance with RiverClan.

She was just... growing up. Maybe there were enough answers for her to peer through in that thought alone. Maybe she wasn't bad, or broken, or any of the thoughts that had been intruding on her mind lately. Maybe she was just... older.

A purr rumbled from her as she leaned into the comforting licks her leader offered her. "Thank you, Twilightstar. Your advice, your support... It means the world. I've always... I've always looked up to you - you've been the Clan's leader since I can remember, and you've always been a steady paw for the Clan. You're a great leader, and it's an honor to follow you." At this Bravebird smiled, hoping that just as the leader's words had provided her some solace, hers too added some relief. She wasn't blind to the tribulations that the older WindClan leader had been facing as of late, and she couldn't remember the last time she had thanked her. It felt good to do so.

[ @Moonraven ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; April 7th, 2024 at 11:07 PM.
Old April 6th, 2024, 07:06 PM
I'm Wind

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post

Twilightstar lazily swished her tail behind her as Bravebird sat down before her. As she jumped into what brought her here, the leader found herself a little stumped. Twilightstar's ability to empathize and place herself into the paws of her clanmates and their problems often helped her find the words and wisdom to guide them when troubled. Bravebird's predicament was a little more touchy. Twilightstar couldn't relate in the slightest to what it was like to lose one's memories, regain them and their place, and still feel not quite yourself.

"Well, not many understand what kind of personality they really have, or what they really want. Some say they finally understand before you die, but no cat in their right mind would want to experience death to get to the root of that problem. I could be looking at this wrong, but what it seems like you need is an urge to live in the present." Twilightstar hoped she was looking at this right. Or offering something of help and not blowing hot air here.

"A purpose you can be proud of, to become someone you can love. Your memories are fixed, but there may be an emptiness in your heart. It's not just contemplating what you should do as a cat. It's the desire to act as yourself, what's called ego. Your self. Finding that is a journey for you and you alone, Bravebird." Twilightstar's purpose was comprised of taking care of the clan as a whole, it was her drive, her motivation, her desire.

But most cats don't have that same mindset as her, they break down the clan through the personal bonds they build. Whether it was family, friends, mates, apprentices, or mentors, there was always more than blind loyalty and responsibility that drove them to act in certain ways. They filled a void in the heart, giving them a sense of purpose. Granted, not everyone needed someone to give them that sense of purpose.

"My suggestion is to spend more time with your clanmates and involve yourself in their lives more. Whether it's listening to elders gossip, playing with kits, training apprentices, or sharing tongues with your fellow warriors. You might find your missing passion in spending time with those around you. Or maybe build a new fire, you may not find what gave you the same drive as you had moons ago, and there's nothing wrong with that." Bravebird could also spend more time alone and ask herself some of those harder why and what questions, although she made it sound like she'd had enough alone time as it was.

"Unfortunately, I can't tell you what you need to find to remedy your problem. I don't think anyone can but you. I will certainly always be here to support you as much as I can while you're looking." The leader leaned in to give the she-cat's head some comforting licks. Twilightstar felt bad about not having the answers poor Bravebird was looking for, but she hoped this advice helped somewhat and didn't just cause further confusion.

Twilightstar couldn't disagree with Crowtooth's statements about his former mentor. Harefoot had not been the right mentor for Crowtooth as an apprentice. Sadly, she supposed she played her part in that problem pairing them together. But no matter how hard she tried, Twilightstar would never know how mentor and apprentice pairings would go until after they started getting to know each other. Though she tried, Twilightstar often only knew her warriors and apprentices at a surface level. She was glad Creekdash and him bonded much better.

Oh, so he was going to leave that tale out. Perhaps that would best be considering what went on with Cowtuft. Although, few recalled, but Lightningstorm's first mentor had been Leechscar before she was called away to be a medicine cat. Those two had an unusual relationship, but not bad. Lightningstorm might get a kick out of hearing how Crowtooth fought Harefoot. Regardless, she was sure or at least hoping that whatever approach Crowtooth took, it brought Lightningstorm a small sense of happiness. Outside of her mate, Firestorm, Lightningstorm was distant from every cat. She could do with a friend if she was willing to trust.

Twilightstar twitched her ears. She was sure that whatever lesson Crowtooth shared with the clan would be a good one. He made a point in WindClan rarely being the ones to start stuff. Outside of the fact that it went against WindClan's nature unless they had a solid reason to, Twilightstar expected her warriors to conduct themselves the average idiots who jumped into the battle the moment they couldn't control their emotions. WindClan didn't fight unless they had to. It was one of the few reasons WindClan was known as the most honorable of the clans.

"That sounds like a reasonable plan." She replied. She'd never thought of skinning anything before. It reminded her far too much of ShadowClan. Still, she could see the merit in using a pelt to hide WindClan's presence. "If you do end up hunting a predator, make sure you take enough warriors to help you and be careful." Twilightstar reminded. Ensuring he wouldn't be running around hunting predators by himself.

"Of course, I do not doubt that you can outfox any cat when it comes to the tunnels." The leader's eye glittered with amusement. "But don't get too cocky, you never know when you'll find someone who can navigate through the tunnels like you. All it takes is one wrong cat to find something they shouldn't for trouble to brew." Twilightstar purred, finding no need to inflate Crowtooth's unwavering ego any more than it was already.

"Talk to who you'd like, extra feedback never hurt. You can start working on the tunnels whenever you'd like. If you've found a suitable force to serve as tunnelers, give me their names. I can talk with Dustbunny and see about instating them as tunnelers alongside you two." Twilightstar told him.

Dustbunny's already told the WindClan leader more than once that she was happy to give Crowtooth his lead tunneler rank back. The molly has never wanted it, she was just stuck filling in after he disappeared. However, even though Crowtooth has proven more than once that he's fit for the rank. Twilightstar didn't see the need, she had her reason for keeping things as they were even if they weren't visible. She was hoping that whichever cats Crowtooth's inspired actually stuck around. She didn't think WindClan's ever had more than two tunnelers at a time.

Twilightstar dipped her head as Fallownose entered her den. Twilightstar didn't bother mincing words as she spoke. "I understand that you've been going through a lot but I can't help but wonder if it might be a good idea for you to retire from deputy." Even though her words were harsh, her tone was gentle.

"Your presence in the clan has diminished quite a bit, patrols are going out late enough that I'm starting to worry about a famine in WindClan. You're late to meetings, late to gatherings. You've also been disappearing for periods." Twilightstar meowed, eyes gleaming with concern.

"You've served WindClan well for far longer than any other deputy I've had in the past, but I can't keep overlooking your absence and tardiness. Not when it starts affecting the clan. If you find your time as a deputy stressful, replacing me will be much harder on you. If you are as you've been as late, WindClan will fall apart under such weak leadership. I don't want to see WindClan become ThunderClan or RiverClan." She meowed sternly.

Weak leadership caused both clans to fall into ruin. Bumblestar, although Twilightstar wasn't fond of the leader's methods or ways, has been getting ThunderClan back on its paws. She watched Brightsky shatter under the weight of leadership and WindClan with it, and Twilightstar had to pick up all those pieces and turn this clan into what it was today. Weak, strong, call WindClan whatever, it was stable. As much as she adored Fallownose, the path he was walking now was not one Twilightstar could get behind for WindClan. Unless he could give her something that made her see otherwise, and convince her, it might be time for him to step down.

[You only needed to post once. Even if it takes a bit of time, I try to make sure I get through all the leader den posts every week. ]
Twilightstar got to her paws and padded to the edge of her, peering out. Russenose. The cats in her clan knew they could just walk into her den, so it was odd to see Russetnose waiting. Twilightstar bounced outside of the den and landed a bit away from Russetnose. "Yes, what do you need?"

Oh, dear what set the molly off now? Twilightstar bristled in alarm as Swiftfire entered her den, raging. Twilightstar forced her fur to lay flat as Swiftfire went into details for her surprising visit. It was a chore to remain composed and calm after learning what set the warrior off. Her tail lashed violently behind her, and claws rooted themselves into the below her bark in anger.

As much as she wanted to yowl at both Swiftfire and Batglare for not minding the apprentice better, turning her temper on her warriors was not the answer. "Right now, we're doing nothing. I've already stated we're going to war, but fighting RiverClan and dealing with the minks right this second is an impossible battle." Twilightstar growled, not interested in starting an argument about that.

"You and Batglare are to replace whichever herbs Lightningstorm ends up using and are to inform her that you're on herb patrol duty for the next moon." She hissed through gritted teeth. Accident or not, one of the warriors should have been watching over Twistedpaw if they were going to be hunting around the border. This was a light punishment to deal with.

"This crime will not go unpunished, RiverClan will pay for this just as they will pay for rest of their transgressions, but fighting a battle on two different fronts will gain us nothing." WindClan could get rid of the minks within the moon, rest, and then deal with RiverClan. Twilightstar was about as livid as she was when she found the trespassers in camp. RiverClan's arrogance will not go unchecked. The leader would have to go pay a visit to Twistedpaw later to see if she could get any details on who exactly attacked her and whether she was let off with a warning or not.

As Swiftfire stated, it was unlikely that Twistedpaw of all cats wouldn't have backed off as soon as was told to leave. It was against the code to attack a cat without give a warning and a chance to leave. But it's not like she expected RiverClan to follow the code.

Twilightstar lifted her head as Snowkit managed to get into her den. It was a feat that even her warriors grumbled about. Twilightstar quickly padded over to the kit and sniffed around her, searching for any wounds or splinters. Once she was reassured nothing was wrong with the kitten, she sat back down.
"You are quite the incredible little one, Snowkit. You can help me clean my nest with me if you'd like." Twilightstar purred, not going to sit back and watch the kit do it herself.

Snowkit was a bit disappointed that Twilightstar didn't let her do it alone. But she didn't show it and simply said, "Okay!" Snowkit had a rock, small but hard, hidden in her paw. She knew Twilightstar couldn't see it. "Do you want me to pull out any twigs and stuff?" The perfect time to slip her stone in would be when it was cleaned, and she was checking it over one last time.

Snowpaw: Primal Instincts, Silver Tongue
Cloud: Mind Reader

I am currently on hiatus, will make it as semi as possible so if am not answering for a long while, that is the reason why! Looking forward to being back full time, which is not happening until school starts up again. Will miss you all, have an amazing time! (mumbles 'lucky' under her breath)
Old April 7th, 2024, 03:37 PM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Swiftfire
----------

She listened to Twilightstar's words, her ears flattened to her skull. A moon of herb patrols? Fine. But the lack of action caused her limbs to burn with fury...yet she understood too. They had to get control of their territory first, before dishing out punishment to RiverClan.

"Yes, Twilightstar," Swiftfire dipped her head. "I'm sorry for intruding so suddenly like this. I..I just..." She searched for the words, but once more, they failed her, so with a heavy sigh, one that let the tension flow out of her body until she felt she would collapse, she added, "Thank you, Twilightstar."

The long-legged tortoiseshell turned to leave the den. She couldn't give any herbs, but they had prey to collect, and she turned her attention to that for the time being. She hadn't a clue what herbs were or what would be needed, but she was sure Lightningstorm would tell her when the time came. So with a last, anxious glance at Twilightstar, Swiftfire left the leader's den, her heart heavy with worry and roiling anger at RiverClan's latest transgression.

And when the time came for them to attack and punish, Swiftfire promised herself that she would be among the first in line to deliver some well-deserved justice....

@Moonraven
Old April 7th, 2024, 08:03 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

For a cat that spent a prolonged part of her time underground, the spotted feline was quite adept going up the small climb leading towards the leader's den, a skill she had taken up on due to the continuous practice and care she had taken gathering honey from bees. The rush towards the branches was almost as second nature to Lightningstorm at this point in her life as running down the moors had been at an earlier one. Despite the ease with which she could visit, however, the medicine cat admittedly rarely did so. She certainly hadn't stepped foot inside the den ever since her mentor's exile. Admittedly, the lithe calico did not see the need for it. Twilightstar would come to her if she needed her for something, and unlike Cowtuft, who had been beloved by all, the wiry she-cat had turned into more of a recluse, no longer caring for forming frail bonds with cats that would in turn make it hurt doubly so when they inevitably turned their claws upon her back.

Still, she had reason to come here today. Reports to do. A favor to ask of the leader - much as she loathed to do so - and she supposed a general checkup of the older molly wouldn't hurt. Her Tufty had been extremely fond of the lilac warrior, and her of him. Despite the resentment the healer had garnered for the clan she had once called her own before they had shown their true colors and turned far too easily on a cat that had once saved countless lives, the Oriental mix knew full well that she held no ill will towards Twilightstar. WindClan's head had tried her best to be unbiased, fair, and to heed her clan's needs at a time that should have honestly been far harder for everyone. Instead, whatever cat had poisoned the herbs had gotten away with their game and the clan had forgotten their savagery, just like they forgot everything that didn't directly benefit them in some way. That had been solely the clan's fault, though, not the leader's, and the almond eyed feline understood as much.

Lightningstorm wasn't here to discuss this, however. In truth, much as she hated the idea of forgoing knowledge, she sometimes wished she could just... forget the whole thing had ever happened. Forget everything and start anew. The dream was usually pushed to the side swiftly enough, of course. To forget everything would mean forgetting the knowledge her mentor had given her, forget the meaning behind the feather she wore as a token of an old friend's forgiveness, and forget the wonderful mate she had found despite all the heartache. Whether she liked it or not, the emotional scars she wore made her who she was, and she would rather bear them than lose herself. Besides, somebody had to keep Kitten from getting into trouble while she was so pregnant she could barely move... which brought her to the here and now, she supposed.

"Don't do many social calls do I, love? Hope it's not a bother," the petite molly offered for a greeting, sitting down as she let lapis hues settle on green.

@Moonraven [Twilightstar]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old April 10th, 2024, 05:36 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

✱ ═ Poppysong ═ ✱

windclan warriornb/demigirl they/them23 moons
tags; @Moonraven [Twilightstar]

Poppysong limps over and pokes their head into the den. They hesitate before stepping across the entrance into the den. ”Excuse me- Twilightstar? I need to speak with you…”

Old April 13th, 2024, 11:34 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 6 | Purrks: none | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw padded back into camp is slightly happier than he was when he left. Sometimes it was hard to stay cheerful but he needed to so that he can help everyone feel better and he can't do that if he wasn't alright himself. The apprentice dropped by the prey pile and dropped the vole that he had caught under a few other places as he wanted to give the vole to his mama if he could, maybe next time he'll bring back enough prey for everyone! He just needed more practice. Though with the little animal deposited that left the flowers in his jaw that he needed to deliver to each of the cats. He already gave Russetnose his flower. Green eyes swept across camp and then landed on the giant tree that had the leader's den in it up a few tail lengths. Rabbitpaw bounded over, hoping that Twilightstar was in right now.

The apprentice stopped a tail length away from the trunk of the tree, he crouched down, narrowing his eyes at the jump he would need to do if he wanted to make it up the side. His muscles bunched and then he shot off, using his momentum to get up the trunk as much as possible, claws digging into the side. He almost didn't make it to the top, rather he got only his front paws over the ledge and had to kick his back paws against the bark to get up the rest of the way. Rabbitpaw purred in delight, he got up first try. He dropped the flowers on his paws and called gently into the den, "Miss Twilightstar?" He strained his ears to listen out for an answer.
[ @Moonraven - Twilightstar ]
[ Flowers + Prey collected here ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!