Today 01:57 AM
Fadingstar's Den (Only...
Last post by taillow
Today 01:42 AM

Old May 25th, 2022, 12:23 PM
Procrastinator

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: Herondive Hollow

// @Spotty | @Oobleck - optional prompt refresher: Even in the middle of spring, the towering pines are intimidating, and not much light filters through... A branch snaps deep in the underbrush. What was that?
Of course both of them had to notice. Mudskip couldn't prevent his ears from flattening when he caught Batty's 'watch your step', as if one, that wasn't the most useless add-on one could possibly utter and two, Batblood somehow ran out of superior judgmental silence that would've been more bearable.

Mudskip failed to be upset with Blackjaw for his concern, however, despite his caution's redundancy. The guy was just too kind; it softened Mudskip's expression. "I'm quite all right...thank you, Blackjaw." His nose scrunched in amusement as he watched the guy proceed to remove the offending stick, deciding he officially liked this one on account of his thoughtfulness. It was cute! And certainly not something that crossed Mudskip's mind to do.

As they approached the...oppressive pines, Mudskip couldn't help but feel smaller than he usually did. A delicate shiver ran down the tom's fluffy back. He didn't mean to sound distracted responding to Blackjaw, but it was difficult to shake the ominous feelings creeping in under those pine-y shadows. He cautiously began to mark the border opposite of Batblood.

"Uhh, I, I've..." What had he been up to? Picking flowers. Making an apprentice smile. High-pitched squawking at Spiderthroat to go to the medicine cat den. Squishing Sparrowflight in her nest. He settled on: "Oh you know...productive things." He'd been right about Blackjaw being the one with kits, at least. "That's right! What are their names, again? I don't know how you do it, kits are -"

A snapping twig dissolved any semblance of bravery. Mudskip hopped away mid-marking, eyes large, fur standing on end. "Did you both hear that?"

Old May 26th, 2022, 07:06 AM
Slowly returning

Gender: Girl(???); she/they mainly, but other pronounce dont bother me either
My Mood: Hopeful

> Batblood @Ziera @Oobleck

Uninterested in whatever small talk Blackjaw and Mudskip had going on Batblood continued marking his part of the border - socializing wasn't his field anyway. It was boring and always seemed to waste time rather than anything else. If he could unearth some interesting information from the one he was talking with without them realizing that would always be a nice plus, but those kinds of opportunities could be hard to come by.

A snapping sound and the patrol leader's oh-so brave squeaking got Batblood's attention and he snapped around, head lowered and teeth bared. But his readiness to attack and defend seemed to be for nothing as no threat was in sight. He had pretty much expected it to be some predator or Shadowclan cat, but it was just a sound that had gotten Mudskip jumpy. Still, the young warrior didn't let go of his cautiousness as he moved towards the two other members of his patrol. A short "Naturally." leaving him.

Batblood was among the few warriors who stood by his belief that Dawnstar had indeed done good for the clan, she had kept them in line, and that if nothing else she and her minions had been a common enemy to unite against. But even though he recognized the benefits she had brought with her, and what good her short presence had been, he also wouldn't put it past them to attack if Thunderclan became too offensive. So a few cats of hers to antagonize them wouldn't be too much of a surprise. Even if they probably would have done more by now...

Characters:
WIP character site
[/CENTER]
Old May 26th, 2022, 09:27 AM
Three rats in a raincoat

Bump Policy: Whenever
My Mood: Dark

-Blackjaw-

Entering the Shadowclan border, the anonymous land sent a shiver down his spine. Large pines brushed his sides, and spiked twigs lay scattered around, poking his limbs. Creeping vines twisted and choked the ground and fungi sat solemnly on the mossy ground. The cold wind stroked his fur. He noticed Mudskip seemed to be a quite uncomfortable and he meowed trying to comfort the cat a bit, “I hate patrolling Shadowclan, the place really gives me the creeps, can’t imagine how those cats deal with it!” he laughed. When Mudskip asked him a question he answered genuinely happy the tom wanted to get to know him, “Her name is Wishkit, she’s a little wonder.” The black cat tried to cover his sigh with a strategically placed yawn. He hadn’t seen his kit in a while, the clan had swallowed up most of his family time.

A twig snapped and the voice of Mudskip made his fur stand on end. Was it a Shadowclan enemy or just a little mouse? “Yes, I heard it,” he whispered. His brown eyes darting around the twenty two month old tom remained alert. He cocked his head as Batblood didn’t stop to analyze the situation like the rest of the cats. Was he so smug that he’d just walk into danger? No, he couldn’t judge him just yet, he had time to prove his kindness.

@Ziera @Spotty

Have a good day!

Character Tracker-https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...90#post1527690

Last edited by ThePiffle; May 28th, 2022 at 12:44 PM.
Old May 26th, 2022, 12:56 PM
Procrastinator

// @Spotty | @Oobleck
Humiliation warmed the tips of his ears. Right. Yes. Mudskip pushed down raised fur, wobbling to his paws as no scary ShadowClan monsters slipped out of the pines to, erm, drag them off. Apparently he still hadn't quite recovered from Dawnstar's horrible stay. She supposedly intended to...'better' them. Honestly? Mud could do without seeing ShadowClan ever again, thank you very much.

He scoffed at the 'naturally' comment. Astounding how someone could be so young -- Mudskip guessed nine? ten moons at the most? A child -- and yet so...so... "You know, Batty, it's impressive you maintain an ego that size. What is your secret?" The question was spoken with mock-enthusiasm, sprinkled with a tiny bit of defensiveness. Still...he appreciated that Batblood kept his guard up; despite the unnerving quiet, Mudskip would much rather have the dark-furred warrior along in the event of an attack as opposed to not. He got the distinct impression Batblood could beat him up, child or no.

Blackjaw was being sweet, as he'd come to expect from the guy. The smaller tom tried to smile through the mini heart attack he just experienced. "Wishkit, that's - how lovely. Will she train to be a warrior soon?" Blackjaw better hope that Battyblood wasn't named Wishkit's mentor. In fact...perhaps they both would rather avoid such a future. Mudskip finished up marking his side of the border, throwing a glance behind every once in a while. "I adore kits, but they seem to have something against me, I think. I'm sure you're a wonderful parent." Probably the only cat here who'd make a decent one.

After a few more minutes of surveying those swaying pine needles, Mudskip swallowed thickly. As if he hadn't jeopardized his claim to leadership three times over, he said to his patrol mates: "We'll head back whenever you're finished with your sides." Nothing could be soon enough.

Last edited by Ziera; May 26th, 2022 at 12:57 PM.
Old May 28th, 2022, 12:43 PM
Three rats in a raincoat

-Blackjaw-

Pausing periodically to mark his side of the territory, he smoothed his fur. His ears twitched as Mudskip verbally attacked Batblood. He didn't get involved, but he also didn't disapprove of the disciplinary action. Running forward to finish up the rest of his duty, Mudskip finished his speech. "Wishkit will be an apprentice soon," he meowed thoughtfully. The tom was sure he wouldn't be her mentor, as he had the lovely Eggpaw. It'd be better for the kit if she could branch out a bit more anyway. "Well Mudskip, your still young, so kits are still an option, I had to think about it for a long time, but I think if you have a partner it'll be easier, not that I'd know. I'm living the single life!"

It was true, kits were tiny little handfuls and the little thing sure had taken a big chunk of time out of his day. But those days were some of the best in his life, time seemed slower, watching them play was entertaining. When he adopted her, he knew what would happen. The bond he formed with her would last forever, Blackjaw knew he'd do just about anything for black and white kit.

@Ziera @Spotty

Have a good day!

Old May 29th, 2022, 11:17 AM
Slowly returning

> Batblood @Ziera @Oobleck [Sorry for the wait, I just typed out something quick]

One of his ears twitched at Mudskip's remark but Batblood kept his gaze focused on the same spot for a few moments longer. Personally, he thought the patrol leader's words were a little bit unwarranted. He had asked if cats with perfectly capable hearing had heard a loud twig snap - that not even their chattering had been able to drown out - and Batblood had answered, with a simple, one-word answer that, yes, he had in fact heard the sound that had made Mudskip jump up into the air like a scared rabbit. If Mudskip thought it was too cocky of a response, well, that was funny in the context of his reaction, but was never the less none of Batblood's business to care for.

Blackjaw and Mudskip went on with their boring chitchat about smelly and loud furballs and whatnot while Batblood kept keeping an eye on the shadows while thinking about how much more fun this patrol would have been had he been paired with cats who didn't run their mouths all the time. He had found silence was an often overlooked thing, and among other qualities, knowing when to just shut up and keep on doing stuff was something he had started to value more and more in cats.

Anyway, Mudskip tried to command them to finish up so they could leave, and both his willingness to get back to camp and do literally anything else and a feeling of his that Mudskip would be hard to talk with anyways drove him to let go some of his focus and redirect it on marking the rest of the border on his part, happy to leave the two others for a few moments. "Ok, Muddy." He mewed once finished, copying the patrol leader's way of saying Batblood's name as 'Batty' and hopefully making them realize how stupid it sounded. "I'm all done here."

Characters:
WIP character site
[/CENTER]
Old May 29th, 2022, 12:59 PM
Procrastinator

/// @Spotty | @Oobleck - just wrapping up !
Unsurprisingly, Mudskip didn't earn more than a flick of an ear with his barbed comment. Bat's mask gave nothing away; the guy was a cement wall. Still, he had heard, and that was good enough for Mud! At least until he considered how he just taunted a literal baby. Oh dear...perhaps he should uproot that tiny seed of smugness. Bit problematic.

This just served as proof that some cats simply shouldn't be parents (or at the very least, should wait a long time before gifting the world with their offspring.) Speaking of, Mudskip's attention swiveled to Blackjaw as they finished up their patrolly duties. He scrunched his nose. Flustered, he dug through his mind for an appropriate response; it was like trying to find keys in someone else's purse.

"I--well, if you're saying I look young, thank you, but wait a minute. Forgive my manners, but how old are you, Blackjaw?" The guy was good-natured. Sweet. Mudskip sensed innocent intent with this rather personal segue, but still! He couldn't be too much older, could he? In consolation, because it sounded like the right thing to say, Mud added -- "Raising a kit alone must be challenging." As if he knew anything about it.

Thoughts of kits fled from his mind when Batblood addressed him. Mudskip tried to mask a smile behind a thoughtful look (and failed miserably) It...probably shouldn't have, since Batty clearly meant to dig under his skin, but the comment made him like the guy more. At least more than he had five seconds ago. First, it betrayed that Mud got under Mr. Silent's skin in the first place, and second - sass touched up his drab aesthetic! Made Batty flare a bit, stand out. Mudskip respected a vibrant personality. He made his voice low and teasingly serious: "Excellent work, young warrior."

Returning to his normal (higher pitch), Mudskip chirped "Right!" and nodded to both toms. "Let's make it back before Bumblebreak hunts us down." With that he turned on tip-toes to face ThunderClan, grateful to leave the dingy, ominous pines behind.

Old June 1st, 2022, 11:07 AM
Three rats in a raincoat

-Blackjaw-

The trio finished up their patrol duties quickly enough, without many problems. The tom was thankful for that, it was as if the combination of Batblood and Mudskip were a bit of a ticking bomb, but they both had managed themselves well. No Shadowclan intruders, not too much fighting, only a few carefully thorned comments thrown around, Batblood didn't seem to care much anyway. The patrol was successful enough.

Blackjaw wasn't expecting Mud's question, but he didn't hesitate to answer, "Oh, I'm twenty two moons, and your manner's are quite alright I would say." The charcoal cat wasn't self concise about his age, but the kits had certainly given him a few gray hairs. "Raising little one's alone can is challenging, but it is the most rewarding thing I've ever done!" he smiled.

He couldn't help but grin when Mudskip complemented Batblood on a job well done. Maybe the way back wouldn't be so tense. It would just depend on what Batblood thought of Mud's comment. Mudskip's praise could be taken quite differently, Blackjaw did detect a hint of sarcasm in his voice when he meowed. But, toes crossed, Bat would just take it well instead of this being a last straw kind of thing, but the warrior, from what he'd seen wasn't one to start a physical fight.

"Okay then, if everyone else is ready, I am." Giving a nod to the patrol leader, he padded off towards the camp, a pep in his step from his new adventure.

@Spotty @Ziera

Have a good day!

Last edited by ThePiffle; June 1st, 2022 at 11:11 AM.
Old June 1st, 2022, 05:10 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞ @NinjaBloss @Spotty ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧

The tabby padded to the border, tail waving to signal they had arrived, if either of her siblings were newly noseblind. Brackenfire twitched her tail. "I'll start down by that dead pine, and just work my way down. You two can mark wherever you want, just make it strong." Hopefully she didn't need to tell them that.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old June 1st, 2022, 10:49 PM
Slowly returning

> Badgerscar @NinjaBloss @poppy.

At least Vixensnarl wasn't too full of herself to let it all go to her head, but the large tabby ignored her little joke. Yes, he would happily tear into a squirrel or rogue if they came across one, but then he'd rather do it himself and without Brackenfire or Vixensnarl bothering him.

It seemed Brackenfire was signaling all too obvious things to her patrol mates, and while it annoyed Badgerscar that she acted as if it was his and Vixensnarl's first patrol he also didn't have the energy to bother with it. With a low grunt, he went in the other direction of her, leaving the assigned patrol leader to pick on or the other to follow or start in the middle, and began marking quickly.

Characters:
WIP character site
[/CENTER]