Today 10:11 AM
Closed Thread

Old August 26th, 2022, 01:00 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Fawnpaw
There was... notably a lot going on. As much as Fawnpaw wanted to stand here and reassure her Clanmates, she could feel her energy wavering and all she wanted to do was curl up next to her dad and sleep this day away. But there were duties, cats coming up to her. She couldn't be selfish again; the Clan came first, always.

So with a smile that hid the exhaustion, she glanced towards Mudtwinkle who came up first. A... mud pile? Oh, it was suppose to be her? The gift touched the young medicine cats heart as she studied it, leaning her head down to sniff softly at the pile. While it didn't appear to look like anything other than a simple mud pile, Fawnpaw appreciated it nonetheless. "Thank you, Mx. Mudtwinkle. I'm... I'm alright. I appreciate that." It was good to know that she had Clanmates she could talk to if it was ever needed.

Next was Snowkit, and she turned her blue gaze towards the happy kit. Her yowling normally would've made Fawnpaw giggle but at the moment it started a small pounding behind her eyes. But again, with poise and precision she masked it and only smiled towards the little one. "Yes, I am here, Snowkit," Fawnpaw purred with a flick of her tail. Ouch. Okay, maybe she should really start tending to that wound along her back.

Gratitude flooded her chest as her dad started taking over, and Fawnpaw tilted her head as she leaned into his steady presence. It was comforting to know that he wasn't going anywhere, that she didn't have to go through this alone. Taking a breath in she tried to calm her slowly speeding heart down before it took over and made her freeze again.

Soon enough the familiar scent of marigold danced underneath her nose and she opened her eyes to see the herbs placed before her. "Thank you." Reaching down she plucked the flower into her jaws, remembering what Reedpaw had told her. She hadn't tried this yet with marigold, but her former denmate had said the two herbs were similar, so maybe chewing the flower up would create the same poultice as the burdock leaf had? As she spat it out onto a paw, Fawnpaw let out a soft sigh. "If someone could please... check on Flickerpaw... I need to know she's alright." Her mind was in a frenzy, still terrified ever since she had seen the small apprentice flee from camp.

Using her paw the poultice was one, Fawnpaw twisted around and did the best she could with smearing the substance over the wound. Almost instantly the stinging pain of it went away, fur now matted with the red substance and the stickiness of the marigold poultice. It was already feeling better and the medicine cat let out a sigh of relief. Next she took up the cobwebs and twisted back around again to plaster them over. Oh - they stuck! A relieved breath left her once that was done and she twisted back around, once again leaning on her dad's shoulder.

Snowkit said something about going to tell Pikestar, and in an instant fear flashed through her as her eyes opened wide. She wanted to yowl for her to stop - her brother didn't need to be worried over this!! - but already the young kit was scrambling away, evne as Gingerfrost did his best to hold her back. Fawnpaw watched her disappear into the leaders den and swallowed back the bubbling anxiety. Her ear swiveled in the direction of Silverpaw who was asking what she could do and Fawnpaw did her best to give her full attention to her friend. "I think just cleaning the camp... making sure all of the blood is gone. Water soaked moss should take care of most of it," she mewed with a quick observing look at the area around them. Bloodied. Red. Some of it was already covered and started to be cleaned up, thankfully.

Gingerfrost was speaking with Mudtwinkle about the rogue, but right now Fawnpaw just wanted to rest... and lie down. Stars, she wanted her nest so bad. "Mr. Gingerfrost, maybe you could follow Snowkit? And dad, I'm sure she's distraught and... I know you would be a great comfort right now." She selfishly wanted him to stay, but her face betrayed none of her thoughts as she smiled towards Beansprout. He was a good and kind cat, just the kind that Snowkit needed right now, as Fawnpaw had needed him a moon or so ago during Skystar's death.

A voice near the nursery caught her ear, and Fawnpaw glanced at Silverpaw. "We can handle the cleanup... I think Koikit needs you." She knew how much the little bundles must mean to Silverpaw, and besides, it wouldn't take long to truly clean everything up, and Fawnpaw wanted to hurry before Pikestar or Slatewhisker were alerted.

Looking back over in Stormpaw - her sister's - direction, Fawnpaw reached forward to give her new family a comforting lick on the cheek. "Of course," she replied, warmth swirling in her blue gaze. Once this was cleaned, she could finally go rest, and pray to StarClan that Pikestar wouldn't be too upset with her. Slowly, as if testing the waters, she stood to her paws and took a couple tentative pawsteps forward. Her back hurt, but the sharp and stabbing pain was gone. "If we kick sand over the... bloodied spots," Fawnpaw began as she drew in a breath, "it should cover up the smell." Using her paws, she began to move the sand in a way to where it covered up the red-stained spots, working as quick as her injury would allow.

[ @vellichor @Estelle @Evermore @.Stardust. - For Snowkit before she left @marina @cloudy sky ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old August 26th, 2022, 02:11 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Mudkit watched the comotion with wide eyes, unsure of what was happening.

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old August 26th, 2022, 02:34 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

// @birdie @.Stardust. @marina
beansprout

to his vague surprise, cats... listened to him. the siamese wasn't used to being treated as an authority figure. but someone had had to take charge of the situation, and no other cat seemed to have wanted to step up. plus, pikestar and slatewhisker were nowhere to be seen. beansprout didn't want to say he was... disappointed? maybe they were out hunting, or patrolling? but his worries were confirmed as snowkit zoomed off to the leader's den. the warrior let out a small sigh, nearly inaudible. why had pikestar just sat in his den?

throughout this whole ordeal, he found himself trying his best to support his daughter. offering comforting touches and affirming nods, and even purring when she managed to dress her own wound. and then... oh. he probably did need to go after snowkit, didn't he? plus, this could help him with his leadership worries. yes, yes. this would be okay. he turned to stormpaw with a small smile. "make sure to help her out while i'm talking with pikestar, okay?" afterwards, he focused on fawnpaw. "i'll be right back, kiddo. okay? you and stormpaw take care of each other." with a final few licks to her forehead, beansprout gently moved himself away from fawnpaw, already missing her warm presence against his shoulder. but, no. he couldn't be selfish. the warrior picked his way toward the leader's den, and let himself in, hearing snowkit's voice pouring out.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old August 26th, 2022, 02:55 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

~ Stormpaw ~

Stormpaw returned Fawnpaw's comforting lick, purring. The young medicine cat was handling everything so well. She smiled, nodding at her adoptive sister's instructions. "That sounds like a great plan," she replied softly. However, a small frown suddenly appeared on her maw as she looked at Fawnpaw's injury. "...Be careful with that, okay? Just take it slowly." She nodded to the molly before turning to look at Beansprout, offering a tiny smile in return to this.

Oh... He would be talking to Pikestar? That made sense. "Yes, I promise I will," she mewed firmly before scooping some of the sand toward the bloody spots. Before she knew it, an all too familiar feeling rushing through her. Stormpaw could feel her heart beating in her throat. She was scared.

Taking a shaky breath, she gazed at Fawnpaw, fear vivid on her face. "...I'm scared, Fawnpaw. What if Cloverpaw returns and harms you again, or Birdpaw, or Flickerpaw, or... Anyone?" she asked, voice quivering. Then she went back to work, pushing the sand toward the blood to cover it, trying to ignore her hammering heart and trembling breath.

[ @birdie @vellichor ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old August 26th, 2022, 05:54 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Go see Snowkit... Was he a kitsitter now? Not that he wasn't going to do it. Someone did have to follow her to ensure she didn't blurt out any nonsense. Fawny dying... Yeah no. He half expected the furball to say that, which didn't sit well with him (she was alive after all). So he just nodded in response, about to turn so he could follow the kit, when Beansprout went instead. He paused for a moment, but just shrugged it off (mentally, as no actual movement was made). The other warrior was probably much better with kits than him anyway, so there was no point following after them. Instead he silently started to help with the clean up, moving some sand over the red stains that wouldn't get absorbed by moss. This really reminded him how nasty blood could be; they'd probably see the stains for a few days to come, considering the continuous business of clan is bound to quick the sand covering the stains aside. Best they could hope for was for rain to fall and wash it away. It didn't take all too long for the shield to cover a good few, mulling over ways to possibly reinforce camp. If anything, their borders might need to be marked more.
Between his cleaning, he subconsciously angled an ear towards Stormpaw and Fawnpaw every so often. Maybe it was because of what just happened, probably because there didn't seem to be many other warriors around anymore. Thank goodness for Stormpaw's presence, or the warrior would once more be at a loss. Comforting was far from being something he understood. He was just here to stop irrational thoughts at this point, should they pop up.

[ @birdie @vellichor @.Stardust. @marina ]

Old August 26th, 2022, 07:46 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

Slatestripe chuckled at her reaction to the duck’s foot. It had been similar to his own when his mother first taught him about their helpful qualities. He’d gotten used to it over the season-cycles, although he still didn’t love to do it. He sometimes wondered why he did, given that he didn’t fully believe his mother’s nursery tale.

His wondering was interrupted by Littlepaw’s whispering. He had to angle his ears toward her to hear what she was saying. His whiskers twitched as he finally discerned her question.

“I’d be happy to help you learn to be a warrior of great character and knowledge,” he answered. He typically befriended only warriors, preferring the company of cats with more life experience and freedom. When Littlepaw received her warrior name, he’d be happy to consider them friends. “I’m always here if you need a shoulder, or if you have any questions.”
//Sorry this is late!

Littlepaw breathed a sigh of relief at Slatestripe's answer to her question. Sometimes it didn't make sense as to why she was so quiet, but she didn't really question it. Why would she? After all, no one else did. And it would probably (and hopefully) stay that way. In a way, she felt bad for being so quiet because she had to watch Clanmates lean forward or angle their ears toward her. But he didn't seem to be annoyed, he seemed like he was actually happy she asked.

"I appreciate it, Slatestripe, I really do!" she purred and plopped to the side, giving her full attention to the tom. She liked to lay on her side, she found it more comfortable than being upright. It made her elbows sore, and there wasn't much maneuverability. And if there was a sudden ambush or meeting, she could roll over and get right up to go where she needs to go. "I want to be the best Clanmate I can be!"
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old August 26th, 2022, 09:37 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post
//Sorry this is late!

Littlepaw breathed a sigh of relief at Slatestripe's answer to her question. Sometimes it didn't make sense as to why she was so quiet, but she didn't really question it. Why would she? After all, no one else did. And it would probably (and hopefully) stay that way. In a way, she felt bad for being so quiet because she had to watch Clanmates lean forward or angle their ears toward her. But he didn't seem to be annoyed, he seemed like he was actually happy she asked.

"I appreciate it, Slatestripe, I really do!" she purred and plopped to the side, giving her full attention to the tom. She liked to lay on her side, she found it more comfortable than being upright. It made her elbows sore, and there wasn't much maneuverability. And if there was a sudden ambush or meeting, she could roll over and get right up to go where she needs to go. "I want to be the best Clanmate I can be!"

Slatestripe purred at her appreciation. Littlepaw had a lot to offer, she just needed to build her confidence. If she attacked life with vigor, Slatestripe was sure she’d accomplish a lot. Perhaps that would come with time and more life experience.

The small tom heaved himself to his paws. “Well, Littlepaw, it’s been nice getting to know you. I’m sure we’ll meet again soon enough. And I’ll be sure to be there when you eventually receive your warrior name.”

He dipped his head politely and began making his way over to the warriors’ den. It was getting late; he’d best try to get some sleep. Hopefully his stomach let him.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old August 26th, 2022, 10:13 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

Slatestripe purred at her appreciation. Littlepaw had a lot to offer, she just needed to build her confidence. If she attacked life with vigor, Slatestripe was sure she’d accomplish a lot. Perhaps that would come with time and more life experience.

The small tom heaved himself to his paws. “Well, Littlepaw, it’s been nice getting to know you. I’m sure we’ll meet again soon enough. And I’ll be sure to be there when you eventually receive your warrior name.”

He dipped his head politely and began making his way over to the warriors’ den. It was getting late; he’d best try to get some sleep. Hopefully his stomach let him.
Littlepaw smiled as Slatestripe purred. It made her happy that she manages to keep her friends happy. Perhaps she could help other Clanmates? Maybe even Fawnpaw! Fawnpaw had everything jump on her in one meeting, it might be good to pay her a visit. Of course, Littlepaw couldn't visit her former denmate if she was busy. She'd have to go when there isn't so much chaos going on.

Dipping her head in return to Slatestripe has he made his leave, Littlepaw smiled and watched him go over to the den to be with his denmates. With him being as stuffed as he seemed to be while they shared the duck, the cream tabby could only hope he would feel okay.

"Goodnight..." she whispered, her voice barely audible. "Goodnight, Slatestripe..."
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old August 26th, 2022, 11:58 PM
Percival Personal Jester

Bump Policy: 24 hours while not on hiatus, bump again after 7 days, don't bump on hiatuses.
My Mood: Adorable

| Whitepaw of Riverclan |

Whitepaw sat in her beautiful elegance, because yes, this is yet another activity post with her

| CLOSED

tal was here... and here.... and also here!
Old August 27th, 2022, 12:02 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

birdpaw - @birdie @marina
That voice.
It wasn't Clover. It couldn't be Clover, because Clover was gone forever and Birdy wasn't upset. but she heard the screaming. She heard the voice of her old friend, and sank into the nest. No. Not her. Her breathing grew harsh and she slumped backwards, practically immobile. Fawnpaw. Misty. No. What.... what-? WHY DIDN'T HER LEGS WANT TO MOVE?!

The small ragdoll lay there, terror freezing her to the nest, and she smelled red. Oh no. Something bad had happened, and she heard herself sobbing aloud. Cats were getting hurt. Her Riverfamily was getting hurt, and she couldn't move to help them. Almost immediately, as the voices died down, she twisted around and stumbled/ran out of the den. Fawnpaw was hurt. Cloverpaw hurt Fawnpaw.

It was Birdpaw's fault, wasn't it? She had been nice to Cloverpaw all those moons ago, and then Cloverpaw got too comfortable with yelling things and then she got exiled. And now she was back. DO SOMETHING, you used to be Clover's friend... talk to her, track her down and tell her to leave your buddies alone. Be scary! But no, she couldn't do that now, because then someone might follow her, and then someone else might get hurt.

A soft whimper choked her as she approached Fawnpaw and Stormpaw, breath trembling. "W-wh.... Sh-she was h-here?" her horrified gaze fixed on the medicine cat's injuries, and felt bile sour her throat. "I-..... Are.... are you okay?" Her mind was paralyzed by horror, but some small brave part that she didn't know she had started formulating a plan. She'd go out, and she'd find Clover and her Badcats, and she would get her to stop. Because, maybe Clover just wanted something. Maybe Birdpaw could give it to her, and then everyone could be safe again.

yes, Birdpaw could do that. But right now, she wanted to find a way to help someone. Fawnpaw. Misty.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Closed Thread