The tangles of research...
Last post by Tallstar
Today 10:11 PM

Old June 22nd, 2017, 07:47 PM
bruh head

Default Re: Honey & Milk, Oil & Water {Ask before joining}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

The seal mink ragdoll felt her ears pinning back as she thought about what he said. Of course, she believed him. After all, wasn't he a loner himself? Wasn't he used to this type of lifestyle? Clementine twitched her nose, rapidly turning her head around every corner from fright. It was easy to frighten this she cat. Even if she had such a...terrible attitude, it instantly changed into a more meek one. Especially of foxes or hawks. She was small enough to be taken by their talons, and dragged into the air.

Upon his next words, Clementine sunk her eyes down to her paws. It was no time for her to be snobbish at the moment, so she allowed him to say whatever he wanted. She was too focus on the dangers that laid ahead. The path she would have to take to recover to safety. If there was a path that lead to that paradise. And, perhaps it was...across that river where her old home laid. Rude...had she truly been rude? She brought up her head to say something, but didn't speak. Instead she looked into the distance, debating on what her next move should be.

She had stopped following after him when he insulted her as such. She held back a growl of somewhat, turning away with a huff. ''Well, you're definitely not a ladies' man yourself, aren't you?'' She rolled her eyes. Her stomach growled slightly. And, she knew she didn't know how to hunt. She didn't want to get her paws dirty, and the fact that she didn't carry the natural skill of a feral cat. She was only conceived for showing purposes. Her mother was forced to bear a litter with a tom she hardly knew. Growing up, Clementine wasn't close to her mother. Her littermates were given away before her eyes, and she grew up alone. With the exception of other cats prowling around the house.

''I do not complain all the time!'' She said, a little louder than she meant to. Her blue eyes looked glazed, as if she was ready to cry--and she was, but she blinked the tears away. It was probably because she wasn't used to much disrespect or others outright not wanting to help her or keep her safe. ''And, I don't want your den, or your food. Keep them to yourself. I don't care.'' She brought her head up to display her pride. She honestly did care. And, she was scared. She was hungry. And, she was tired. By simply walking. If she was home now, she would be carried, fed, and bathed, and just...loved.

Clementine was ready to turn away, going the opposite path. She looked around. This place was odd to her, but the outside world always appeared beautiful to her. Her ears had perked at hearing the tom's voice, and she glanced at him quickly before turning away again. ''Hah, real funny.'' She flicked her fluffy tail. ''My housefolk never fed me tasteless rabbit pellets. I had a personal food giver who always fed me exquisite type of food.'' Being apart of an expensive cattery, known for their gorgeous cats, Clementine and the other cats that resided there were given food made from real ingredients. Not the tasteless droppings that the tom thought. She had fish from other countries, some other types of meat, spread with lemony goodness...oh, now her whiskers were quivering her mouth was watering. Her stomach growled loudly, but she ignored it.

''Don't worry about what I want to do.'' She told him. ''I'll learn these lands on my own! I don't need your help!'' The tip of her ears burned in fury as she began to trot off. She knew it was a bad decision to go out on her own without knowing much about navigation...or hunting...or surviving...not anything. Her small body began to shiver, and she stopped for a second as she lifted a paw to touch the sandy ground once more. Her eyes closed, and she brought her head up to stare at what used to be the home she adored. ''Bye.'' Was her simple comment, and once she stared back at the tom, giving him an unreadable look before she placed her paw gently on the ground, and inwardly complaining much before she trotted on. Her movements were slow, but she had to find something to eat before she allowed herself to starve to death. Because after all, he was right. But, she was stubborn, and she refused to listen.
I'll post tomorrow, I'm a bit busy today...)