the hideaway (PRIVATE)
Last post by sol.
Today 07:21 PM

Old June 13th, 2018, 01:29 PM

My Mood: Spooky
Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombre Party View Post

Dapplesplash turned and walked tot he trees. "Ok, first lesson on tree climbing." Dapplesplash decided. "Never doubt your climbing skills by the look of the tree." She looked the small birch tree up and down. "Make sure your claws are extended and firmly implanted into the tree bark. Try it with one paw, but just flew you claws in and out different parts of the tree that you can't reach. Don't try climbing yet."
Leopardpaw stood at the base of the birch tree beside her mentor. She listened to every word before planting her front paws on the smooth birch bark. She flexed her claws before fully extending them. Her sharp claws digging into the bark. She looked up the tree, shifting her weight to look over her shoulder. "Like this?" she asked looking back at Dapplesplash who was standing beside her.
Old June 13th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardblaze View Post
Leopardpaw stood at the base of the birch tree beside her mentor. She listened to every word before planting her front paws on the smooth birch bark. She flexed her claws before fully extending them. Her sharp claws digging into the bark. She looked up the tree, shifting her weight to look over her shoulder. "Like this?" she asked looking back at Dapplesplash who was standing beside her.
"Yep. Good job." Dapplesplash nodded. "OK you can stop now. I just wanted you to get the feeling for even though the bark might look smooth, you can always find claw holds if you dig your claws into the bark." She looked at the tree. "Now, I will demonstrate one way to get up a tree from just standing or sitting her like we are doing." She told her apprentice. She bunched her hind legs, unsheathed her claws, and launched herself up the tree, basically running up the tree to the nearest branch. She looked down at her apprentice. "Well hello there Leopardpaw! It's a nice day up here!"

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old June 13th, 2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:

"Yep. Good job." Dapplesplash nodded. "OK you can stop now. I just wanted you to get the feeling for even though the bark might look smooth, you can always find claw holds if you dig your claws into the bark." She looked at the tree. "Now, I will demonstrate one way to get up a tree from just standing or sitting her like we are doing." She told her apprentice. She bunched her hind legs, unsheathed her claws, and launched herself up the tree, basically running up the tree to the nearest branch. She looked down at her apprentice. "Well hello there Leopardpaw! It's a nice day up here!"
Leopardpaw stepped back from the and watched as her mentor seemed to fly up the tree and onto a branch. "Wow, that was so fast!" She chirped excitedly putting her paws on the tree. The bark smooth against her paw pads, one day she would climb like that.

Last edited by Leopardblaze; June 13th, 2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old June 13th, 2018, 01:45 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
Leopardpaw stepped back from the and watched as her mentor seemed to fly up the tree and onto a branch. "Wow, that was so fast!" She chirped excitedly putting her paws on the tree. The bark smooth against her paw pads, one day she would climb like that.
"You'll get there, but I encourage you to start out slow so I can help you." She dropped off the branch, which was an easy drop of about three cat lengths. "I will demonstrate slower so you get how I did it, and then it will be your turn." She told her apprentice. Dapplesplash kept her claws unsheathed and lowered her hunches to the ground, launching herself up to the tree, meeting it with her paws first, her claws digging into the bark. She then unhooked both of her forepaws and reached upward hooking themselves back into the bark as her backpaws followed afterwards. She continued doing that until she grabbed the branch and hauled herself onto it, panting. It was much easier doing it fast than slower. "Did you see how I climbed?" She asked her apprentice as she leaped back to the ground.

No star is lost at all

Old June 13th, 2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:

"You'll get there, but I encourage you to start out slow so I can help you." She dropped off the branch, which was an easy drop of about three cat lengths. "I will demonstrate slower so you get how I did it, and then it will be your turn." She told her apprentice. Dapplesplash kept her claws unsheathed and lowered her hunches to the ground, launching herself up to the tree, meeting it with her paws first, her claws digging into the bark. She then unhooked both of her forepaws and reached upward hooking themselves back into the bark as her backpaws followed afterwards. She continued doing that until she grabbed the branch and hauled herself onto it, panting. It was much easier doing it fast than slower. "Did you see how I climbed?" She asked her apprentice as she leaped back to the ground.

Leopardpaw watched her mentor trying picture herself doing the same thing. When Dapplespash dropped down beside her she nodded," Yes." Leopardpaw lowered herself to the ground pushing herself off, leaping onto the tree. She dug her claws into the smooth bark, balancing herself a little before looking up the tree. Carefully she pulled her forepaws back quickly placing them a little higher than before, digging her claws into the bark. Her backpaws pushed her upwards closer to the branch that her mentor had been on. Finally she reached it reaching out with one paw and hooking her claws into it before turning the rest of her body and pulling herself up. Lashing her tail to balance herself, she looked down at her mentor. "I did it!" she meowed, happy, but tired.
Old June 13th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
Leopardpaw watched her mentor trying picture herself doing the same thing. When Dapplespash dropped down beside her she nodded," Yes." Leopardpaw lowered herself to the ground pushing herself off, leaping onto the tree. She dug her claws into the smooth bark, balancing herself a little before looking up the tree. Carefully she pulled her forepaws back quickly placing them a little higher than before, digging her claws into the bark. Her backpaws pushed her upwards closer to the branch that her mentor had been on. Finally she reached it reaching out with one paw and hooking her claws into it before turning the rest of her body and pulling herself up. Lashing her tail to balance herself, she looked down at her mentor. "I did it!" she meowed, happy, but tired.
"Great job!" Dapplesplash purred. She leaped up higher than the rest of her previous hops, which cleared half the tree, and climbed up, blanacing on the branch next to her apprentice's. "Now, for climbing down."

No star is lost at all

Old June 13th, 2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:

"Great job!" Dapplesplash purred. She leaped up higher than the rest of her previous hops, which cleared half the tree, and climbed up, blanacing on the branch next to her apprentice's. "Now, for climbing down."
Leopardpaw looked at her mentor as she stood beside her on the branch, swaying a little in the wind. She beamed at her mentor's praise then heard her add to that. "Down?" she muttered to herself, a little uncertain. Climbing up seemed so much easier than climbing down.
Old June 13th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
Leopardpaw looked at her mentor as she stood beside her on the branch, swaying a little in the wind. She beamed at her mentor's praise then heard her add to that. "Down?" she muttered to herself, a little uncertain. Climbing up seemed so much easier than climbing down.
"Yep Down." Dapplesplash gripped the trunk of the tree and did almost the exact same thing she had going up, the only difference was she was going and facing towards the ground, and about her cat length away, she launched herself off, landing on the ground gracefully. "Want me to show you again?" She asked, looking up at her apprentice.

No star is lost at all

Old June 13th, 2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:

"Yep Down." Dapplesplash gripped the trunk of the tree and did almost the exact same thing she had going up, the only difference was she was going and facing towards the ground, and about her cat length away, she launched herself off, landing on the ground gracefully. "Want me to show you again?" She asked, looking up at her apprentice.
"Yes, please," Leopardpaw meowed down to her mentor. She liked it up in the trees, but she knew she had to climb down sometime. Seeing how easily her mentor did it made her feel better about it, but she still wanted to see it again.

Last edited by Leopardblaze; June 13th, 2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old June 13th, 2018, 02:16 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
"Yes, please," Leopardpaw meowed down to her mentor. She liked it up in the trees, but she knew she had to climb down sometime. Seeing how easily her mentor did it made her feel better about it, but she still wanted to see it again.
"Ok." Dapplesplash did not feel anything but pride for her apprentice, because to learn, you had to ask questions, and that was exactly was she was doing. She climbed back up the tree and reset herself in the downward position. She demonstrated it again and landed back on the ground after the leap. She looked back up at her apprentice. "Ok, you got this Leopardpaw! It's your turn." She encouraged her apprentice.

No star is lost at all