ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by alec
Today 03:59 AM

Old September 1st, 2021, 10:10 AM

My Mood: Sad
Default Re: The Weeping Tree

@coffeebeans

Thistlerose was running a tad late for her meet up with her brother Lynxshine, having been stopped by another warrior to talk about how the clouds looked like they might open up with rain later on. She had hoped that would be all they wanted to talk about but nope, they kept her there yet longer. When she finally got a word in she excused herself, saying she had someone to meet up with. It wasn’t a lie.

Now she was rushing towards the large weeping willow. It might be fairly close to camp, but she wasn’t sure how long she’d kept Lynxshine waiting at this point. She was in such a hurry she almost didn’t notice him in his hunter’s crouch. Skidding to a halt, she hoped she hadn’t caused him to lose his prey.
Old September 7th, 2021, 08:40 PM
*intense sneezing fit*

My Mood: Chatty

---[ @Zesha ]-->

credit: corvidwitch

The tom's sibling came running in, suddenly stopping, and his shoulders sagged as he saw his chance at trying rabbit run away. He rose to his feet and stalked over to Thistlerose, eyes narrowed and cold. He was always like this. Think of looking at you angrily as him showing affection, rather than walking away or insulting you. The weeping tree swayed slightly in the faint wind, and cocked his head after dipping his head in a formal, respectful greeting. "Thistlerose, good day to you. How have you been?" the warrior asked his sister. He lifted his head to scent the air. "It seems that two little bunny friend followed over, and have not been alerted of our intimidating presence" the warrior commented, shaking out his fur a bit before turning to his attention back to his sibling. He stood under the shade, slight glimpses of sunlight lighting up his eyes. He tilted his head towards the direction of the rare prey, the shadows falling onto his eyes. "Shall we?"

credit: adorelee
Old September 7th, 2021, 08:57 PM

Thistlerose felt bad; she could see how Lynxshine’s shoulders slumped, meaning she ha cost him the prey he had been eyeing. If only she had known. As his cold eyes met her warm yellow gaze, she knew that while she had messed up he wouldn’t openly hate her for it. He likely wouldn’t hate her at all, things like this happened.

“Hello Lynxshine,” she purred. “I’ve been well. How about you?” At least he hadn’t mentioned how late she was.

A sudden scent caught the breeze and she lifted her nose to sniff, too. Ah, so there were two rabbits hanging around here. Definitely peculiar, but she wouldn’t turn down a possible meal. “Absolutely,” she replied and lowered into a crouch, quietly stalking closer to the rabbits until she was little more than a few tail-lengths away.

^ made by sid ^
characters | rp tracker
Old September 14th, 2021, 05:07 AM
*intense sneezing fit*

My Mood: Chatty

---[ @Zesha ]-->

credit: corvidwitch

He stood there, holding himself confidently again once more, eyes narrowed. He nodded, adding a 'that's good to hear' out of politeness. He wasn't one to normally take a liking to others, or at least show it. "Fine as always. My answer will never differ, Thistlerose. I don't hate you, but please, be a little quicker next time" he simply meowed. the words already chosen and perfectly aligned in his head. He once more nodded, moving quietly away from the large, sacred tree, and into the vast and dense undergrowth of the calming forest, the song of birds carried by a soft breeze, only slim threads on sunlight finding a way through the intricate canopy made of many layers. The warrior was as quiet as a dead mouse, tending to steer clear of any kinds of objects or places that would cause him to loose his prey. Rabbits never came out here, and they were so plump and big. They'd surely feed multiple cats, even one alone could feed at least three cats till their greedy stomachs were full and satisfied of any trace of hunger.

A rustle in the bushes, a break in the undergrowth, the quiet sound of an animal searching for food. It made him freeze. He took his tie, calculating. The large creature would surely have a hard time navigating the tangle and maze of the territory, but it was faster than him. Smaller and more nimble. Timing was everything right now. And so he waited, silently and alone, until the animal turned to a seed.

The chattering of teeth against nut.

The quiet scramble of paws.

The loud screech of the prey, quickly cut off by it's hunter.

There it lay, dead, unmoving, gone from this world. Lynxshine pressed his nose gently to the shoulder of the fresh-kill, uttering thanks to the gods above. The fur felt scratchy against his nose, so he didn't pay his respects for longer than he ought too. As he stood up, the large cat scented the air for signs of his sibling. Stars knows where she could have gotten too in that matter of time. After a moments debate, he managed to navigate the heavy foliage in his way, back to the willow tree. The vandalized carvings, so intricate, were now gone. It hurt, but not in a painful kind of way. What kind of cat would do that? Destroy a tribute to those who died? A maniac, that's who. He placed his catch by his paws, proceeding to sit down as he awaited the arrival of his sister yet again.

credit: adorelee
Old September 14th, 2021, 09:11 AM

This was possibly the most Thistlerose had heard Lynxshine talk in quite a while. Normally he didn’t really give such forward answers, just a nod of the head that she knew meant he was doing fine, as per usual. At his comment about being quicker next time she opened her mouth to protest she had gotten caught up, but closed it again. She need not put the blame on the other warrior. She could have just walked away, even if that would have seemed rude to them. Shaking off those thoughts, she focused her attention on the rabbits that had shown up at the Weeping Tree.

They were large, certainly larger than any she had seen before. How these fat creatures had managed to avoid being scooped up and eaten thus far she didn’t know. Thistlerose slid smoothly into a crouch, moving quietly towards the creature, keeping her pawsteps light to avoid making any noise. If they could both catch a plump, juicy rabbit, it would surely be a boon to the Clan. The thought of the rabbit beneath her claws sent a thrill through her.

Thistlerose took her time, peering carefully over the grass. She had checked where Lynxshine was looking to make sure she didn’t go after the same rabbit as her brother—she didn’t want to botch this hunt. Now she was focused on the rabbit to the right, watching as it made tiny hops over to something on the ground. It began nibbling at the plant, unaware that two wild hunters were watching it and its companion.

Silently she crept forward, stalking the rabbit as it moved on from its companion. She wasn’t sure how far away it had gotten when she had gotten close enough to pounce. It had lifted its head at the last second, sensing danger, but it was too late; Thistlerose was on top of it, giving a swift bite to its neck.

She stood for a moment, proud to have caught the plump creature. Then she pressed her nose to it, muttering thanks to StarClan for its life and for the bellies it would fill back in camp. After she picked the rabbit up in her mouth, navigating the undergrowth back towards the willow tree. She assumed that’s where her brother would go back to, since it was an easy landmark to find. She was correct; he was sitting there with his own prey between his paws. Smiling, she raced over and set her catch next to him. “We did it,” she purred. “Whoever gets these is going to have a full belly tonight!”

Then she gazed at the tree, where the carvings had once been. A frown creased her lips. Though she knew Lynxshine wasn’t much of a talker, she found herself asking him, “Who do you think could have done such a thing?”

^ made by sid ^
characters | rp tracker
Old October 10th, 2021, 03:26 PM
hehe, squishy

Bump Policy: Every two days.
My Mood: Bored

Sleepycloud yawned, his eyes drooping tail dragging in the dirt. The gray and white tom had thought a walk outside of camp would help him keep awake, but the warm sun and peaceful scenery was having an opposite effect on the narcoleptic. Blue eyes hazy with sleepiness, the tom looked up and realized he was at the Weeping Tree. It looked like a nice place to nap, at least. With another yawn, Sleepycloud curled at the base of the tree, easily dozing off in the shade. A nap wouldn't hurt, right?
@Polaris

Bump me only after two days.

Old October 10th, 2021, 05:27 PM
No pressure, no diamonds.

My Mood: Tired

The sounds of the birds chirping in the trees above her. The wind whistling through the branches, making the trees sway. The sight of green surrounding her. The scents of the forest. Frostfeather sighed. These things would always remind her of how lucky she was to be in Thunderclan. They never failed to make her content with her life. After letting her senses wander for a bit, she decided to reign it in, focusing on what she had come out her to do. She was planning on hunting at the Weeping Tree, which was where she was. She nosed open the long branches of the willow tree, her long, light silver fur catching on some of the leaves. Great. She'd have to groom herself again later.

Frostfeather knew that the Weeping Tree was a popular hangout place in Thunderclan, but she was surprised to see only one cat there, sleeping in the shade of the branches. She walked closer to the cat and saw that it was Sleepycloud. She sighed. It wasn't surprising to find the tom napping here. He was almost always sleeping. She sometimes wondered if he'd ever spent the whole day in the warriors den. Thinking for a moment, she decided that she had enough time to have a conversation. She sat down near the other warrior, debating whether she should wake him up or not. Finally, she made up her mind and poked him with her paw before she could second guess her decision.
@Kyrieknight

Please give me a bump if I don’t respond winthin 72 hours! Thanks!

Charries

Last edited by Polaris; October 11th, 2021 at 07:12 AM.
Old October 20th, 2021, 01:15 PM
s

My Mood: Cheeky

-ˏˋ Beanpaw ˎˊ-
closed.

It was... quiet. Quiet and cold; A perfect combination. Morning dawn was just breaking over the horizon, the warm rudy light of the winter sun slowly trickling over the large willow and the tall apprentice stationed under it.

Beanpaw found himself stood up on his back legs, his front paws pressed against the trunk of the old tree as he peered up at the Drooping branches. Within his soft sight was a pretty blue feather; blue was his favourite colour... Beanpaw always envisioned himself with a brilliant blue nest once he moved into the warrior den, or Elders den; whichever came first.

He wondered if climbing the tree was a good idea? A broken limb throughout the dead of winter wasn't the best of situations, after all...

please bump me constantly | Dealing with ADHD & Dyslexia.

larkfires best friend
xaviers' ideas bank

Last edited by teddy.; October 20th, 2021 at 01:39 PM.
Old October 20th, 2021, 01:29 PM
dancing in the moonlight

Bump Policy: 3 days (1 day time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

@Rxmulus
Sometimes it was too much for her to bear. She tried to stay strong, force herself to stand tall and hide her thoughts, but each day it got harder and harder. She had started to retreat into herself, away from the rabble and noise she used to start for the fun of it. Usually it worked and she felt fine, other times she missed those who left too much to ignore it. She would never admit it, but the time when she had met Tigerpaw had been enjoyable, a good escape. But now Tigerpaw was gone and she was too tired to find anyone else to argue with.

Today, she had woken up before the first vines of dawn had begun to creep up the sky. She had smiled as she sat and watched the sky, observing the sun as it crept up slowly, like the first bird flying back after Leaf-bare. She left the clearing as the first few cats dragged themselves from their nests and out into the open. She had started to run. Not from fear, but because she was happy. She wanted to escape the real world and find a place where she wouldn't be reminded of what had happened.

Foxpaw arrived at the Weeping Tree before she was expecting. The forest had been a blur, long enough where she had forgotten where she was going. Panting heavily, emerald eyes glanced around. She wasn't sure what she was looking for, just that there was something. Her eyes landed on Beanpaw and she grinned, a devilish smile that hadn't shown its face for a while.

"Beanpaw, what are you doing?" Foxpaw padded over to the tom who had his paws planted on a tree. "Are you going to climb it?" The serene glaze that had coated everything was gone. Foxpaw blinked and it was like she could see again. If she had been looking to run from something, she didn't feel that way anymore. She felt... normal. Her voice was gruff and slightly annoyed, as though Beanpaw climbing a tree was the most offensive things she had seen in a while.

that's all folks

unless?

rose stole carmen's identity

Last edited by carmen; October 20th, 2021 at 01:33 PM.
Old October 20th, 2021, 01:50 PM
s

My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheasantflight View Post
@Rxmulus
Sometimes it was too much for her to bear. She tried to stay strong, force herself to stand tall and hide her thoughts, but each day it got harder and harder. She had started to retreat into herself, away from the rabble and noise she used to start for the fun of it. Usually it worked and she felt fine, other times she missed those who left too much to ignore it. She would never admit it, but the time when she had met Tigerpaw had been enjoyable, a good escape. But now Tigerpaw was gone and she was too tired to find anyone else to argue with.

Today, she had woken up before the first vines of dawn had begun to creep up the sky. She had smiled as she sat and watched the sky, observing the sun as it crept up slowly, like the first bird flying back after Leaf-bare. She left the clearing as the first few cats dragged themselves from their nests and out into the open. She had started to run. Not from fear, but because she was happy. She wanted to escape the real world and find a place where she wouldn't be reminded of what had happened.

Foxpaw arrived at the Weeping Tree before she was expecting. The forest had been a blur, long enough where she had forgotten where she was going. Panting heavily, emerald eyes glanced around. She wasn't sure what she was looking for, just that there was something. Her eyes landed on Beanpaw and she grinned, a devilish smile that hadn't shown its face for a while.

"Beanpaw, what are you doing?" Foxpaw padded over to the tom who had his paws planted on a tree. "Are you going to climb it?" The serene glaze that had coated everything was gone. Foxpaw blinked and it was like she could see again. If she had been looking to run from something, she didn't feel that way anymore. She felt... normal. Her voice was gruff and slightly annoyed, as though Beanpaw climbing a tree was the most offensive things she had seen in a while.

-ˏˋ Beanpaw ˎˊ-

The thin twig-like Tom must've touched the clouds as he jumped four tail lengths up in the air, petrified by the sudden presence of the tabby cat behind him. His claws didn't hesitate to wiggle their way into the soft mossy forest floor once his paws met earth again; a sad attempt at trying to keep his skittish self from trying to fly like his magpie twins.

"You scared me there, Foxpaw..." He murmured quietly, his meow more like a shameful whisper. The odd burning sensation of shame only worsened as he noticed the pure disgust in her voice. We're they not meant to climb trees? "I-I wasn't going to, I promise. I just--" He glanced back up at the glistening cobalt feather that teased him so much; his overly large ears once again Drooping like whippet ears behind his head as he tilted up to view his Prize. Sometimes, Beanpaw looked more greyhound than feline.

The realisation of his feather being forever out of reach was quickly accpected by the tom. It wasn't like he had anyone to give it to, anyway. Dogbark already had his leaf and beanpaw didn't feel the urge to bombard his mentor with gifts just yet.

His attention was quickly back on Foxpaw, however, as he carried on the conversation. "Have... you ever climbed a tree?" Well, it wasn't really a conversation as such. Beanpaw wondered if their interaction would simply end as sourily as it had begun. He stared at Foxpaw with big wondering eyes.

please bump me constantly | Dealing with ADHD & Dyslexia.

larkfires best friend
xaviers' ideas bank