Last post by constellation
Today 09:44 AM
Closed Thread

Old February 15th, 2023, 09:15 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Too lost in her own world, Fawnlight hadn't noticed the gathering was tonight until her eyes had poked out from the warriors' den and the camp was eerily silent. Her first thought flew automatically to Stonepaw - as it often did these days. No, no, no, no, no. Worried paws carried her unevenly yet hastily over to the medicine den, praying to any mercy the stars had left for her that he hadn't left yet. Even as she drew near the medicine den - even as she called out, "Stonepaw, it's time for your first gathering!" - her heart had sunk to the bottom of her paw pads. Upon stepping inside the den and seeing it empty, she knew he was already gone.

No. Ears drawn back, the former stumbled backwards. Tears were already springing to her blue eyes. Her mind had been fogged since the incident, even during the training in which she had to fight daily to be present for. Her heart thumped heavily in her chest and she gave a gentle shake of her head. "...Stonepaw?" There was no answer. Of course there wasn't; the den was empty. He was gone, off to his first gathering, and she was here. Here at camp and not where she was suppose to be - at his side and making sure he was ready for this.

...She truly was a failure, wasn't she?

Swallowing a bit and blinking the tears away (some rolled down her cheeks and onto the floor) Fawnlight wanted to do... something for him. Something to show she was sorry. For everything. So taking a step, she began to tidy up the den a bit. Dusting with her tail, straightening the herb storage. Picking apart the current nests, fetching moss out near the entrance, and remaking them so that they were fresh, springy, and soft - ready for Stonepaw to use as needed. Her head then ducked to the nearby piece of moss that she used to use for water when patients needed it. Taking the last bit of moss she had gathered from outside, she switched them out and set it neatly by the small, trickling stream near the back.

After a moment or two the brown dappled she-cat stepped back. It was clean, organized, tidy. It was missing something... Perking up a little (which truly wasn't much at all) Fawnlight limped out of the den as quick as she could. Entering the warriors den she rummaged around until she found it - a small but bright white shell, still seeming to gleam like the first day she had found it. Returning to the medicine den she placed the shell near Stonepaw's nest. It was miniscule, and likely wouldn't be noticed. But it was a gift for him, the most she could do right now. She hadn't realized more tears had fallen until she stepped back form her gift and felt them fall onto her paws.

"...I'm sorry I let you down." To Stonepaw. To RiverClan. To Pikestar. To Gingerfrost. To the Shields. To the warriors and apprentices and queens and kits and elders. To all of RiverClan. Without a second look Fawnlight turned and stumbled as fast as she could out of the den and out of RiverClan territory.

[ closed ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old February 17th, 2023, 11:49 AM
dancing in the moonlight

Bump Policy: 3 days (1 day time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
┌────────── ∘・❄︎・∘ ──────────┐
Mintpaw (she/her)
Riverclan
White fur with shades of grey and blue eyes
└───────── ・∘ ❄︎ ∘・ ─────────┘

Mintpaw had asked Beastflame to leave her down. She would have some explaining to do, and she didn't want to that with the gray warrior holding her like a kit.
The white and gray she-cat limped inside the medicine cat's den, instantly spotting the gray tabby apprentice at work with his herb stockpiles.

"Stonepaw.." She called out softly, too tired to do anything else. Will he know how to treat me? And Mistycloud? She looked back in search of the injured queen, hoping she was following inside instead of waiting out or wasting time. She wasn't still sure of the entity of her injuries, and was worried that she would worsen if she didn't come in quickly.

Mintpaw limped a few steps more just to reach the closest empty nest. It smelled old and she felt some rocks from the ground beneath it pierce her side, but that wasn't a problem right now. She allowed herself to catch her breath and gently put her bleeding fore leg down. Now she finally see why that had hurt so much: a couple of small, dark red holes had pierced it deeply. She turned to the other side, deciding that it would do her good to concentrate on Stonepaw instead of the damage on her body.

· · ─────── ·✧· ─────── · ·

[ @Pheasantflight @Cherry~ @Emo Rat ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo Rat View Post

╔═══꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷ ☁︎ ☂︎ ☁︎ ꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷═══╗
Mistycloud [She/Her]
A white she-cat with icy blue eyes
╚═══꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷ ☁︎ ☂︎ ☁︎ ꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷═══╝
»»————-————-««

(I couldn’t find the thread to put a med request so sorry!!)

Mistycloud was by the apprentices side. She couldn’t care if her injuries were stinging herself. The only thoughts in her mind were about Mintpaw.

(Here’s the form tho:

Name: Mistycloud
Injuries: slash across her side
Outcome?: live

@Pheasantflight - @Wingnettle

Stonepaw

The small tom wandered into the den, walking in from where he had been snacking on a particularly scrumptious fish in the clearing. Only, the closer he got to the den the worse the smells were, and suddenly, the commotion he'd been ignoring in the clearing was starting to come together. A few drops of blood lay scattered by the entrance, and the scent only grew stronger as he walked in. Perhaps, he should start listening to what was happening, instead of choosing to live in his blissful little world of yummy fish and rabbits. His world wasn't even that good to begin with, it was much more enjoyable to be around everyone else.

A few steps in, and two forms were scattered ahead of him. "Oh!" Shock opened his mouth in a small o and he rushed in. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. The one sitting down seemed to be worse, but the one standing, Mistycloud if he remembered correctly, had been the beast who had destroyed his stash. But now was not the time for old grudges, no matter how serious they were. "What happened?" A quick look was all it took for him to know that cobwebs and marigold was what he needed. Grabbing the singular stalk of the yellow flower, and snatching a few cobwebs, he walked over. "You, sit down." Head tilted towards Mistycloud. Okay, man. You got this. "I'm going to clean the wound, okay?" He looked up to Mintpaw, looking for her approval before continuing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katieuwu View Post
CODPAW
[8/100 ]

He shook his head, silent for a while. “I don’t know how to explain it,” he admitted. He trusted Stonepaw. Really. Yet how to explain it? He felt..not like himself. He feel female. But why was that? He looked at Stonepaw as he busied himself with..marigold was it? “I want to be a boy.” he mewed.

[ @carmen ]

Stonepaw

Looking up at Fishkit as the older cat started to talk, he sat back, listening. Huh. He didn't know cats could do that, but, whatever made him happy was good enough for him. "Okay, Mr. Fishkit!" He grinned at the other tom before stepping aside. "You're all good to go now." Thank you for telling me. He didn't know a lot, but slowly and surely, he was learning, and the fact that someone like Fishkit

that's all folks

unless?

rose stole carmen's identity
Old February 17th, 2023, 12:24 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Mintpaw (she/her)
Riverclan

When Stonepaw arrived, he looked quite astonished and suddenly Mintpaw feared that the young apprentice would be left alone. Why isn't Fawnlight here? She didn't have any problems in being handled by the new medicine cat apprentice, but she guessed he would need some kind of help sooner or later.
"Minks." She replied curtly and blinked at Mistycloud, as if asking her to speak in her place.

She nodded at him, hoping that it wouldn't hurt too much, and glanced at Mistycloud to make sure she laid down, inspecting her injuries once more with concern. Now that she was resting, the pain felt even stronger. She'd never been here, she'd never been injured, she'd never had to heal. I wish Slatestripe was here...

[ @carmen @Emo Rat ( @Cherry~ can't remember if I had already tagged you) ]

Last edited by Wingnettle; February 17th, 2023 at 12:25 PM.
Old February 19th, 2023, 07:46 PM
Lover's Rock

Bump Policy: Every twenty-four hours.
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen View Post

Stonepaw

The small tom wandered into the den, walking in from where he had been snacking on a particularly scrumptious fish in the clearing. Only, the closer he got to the den the worse the smells were, and suddenly, the commotion he'd been ignoring in the clearing was starting to come together. A few drops of blood lay scattered by the entrance, and the scent only grew stronger as he walked in. Perhaps, he should start listening to what was happening, instead of choosing to live in his blissful little world of yummy fish and rabbits. His world wasn't even that good to begin with, it was much more enjoyable to be around everyone else.

A few steps in, and two forms were scattered ahead of him. "Oh!" Shock opened his mouth in a small o and he rushed in. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. The one sitting down seemed to be worse, but the one standing, Mistycloud if he remembered correctly, had been the beast who had destroyed his stash. But now was not the time for old grudges, no matter how serious they were. "What happened?" A quick look was all it took for him to know that cobwebs and marigold was what he needed. Grabbing the singular stalk of the yellow flower, and snatching a few cobwebs, he walked over. "You, sit down." Head tilted towards Mistycloud. Okay, man. You got this. "I'm going to clean the wound, okay?" He looked up to Mintpaw, looking for her approval before continuing.

[

-
- @Wingnettle
Mistycloud || She/her

Mistycloud blinked, noticing the apprentices motion, “We were hunting and three minks attacked us.” She was drowsy but she listened to the medicine cat,
(Sorry this was so short, im having side effects from things.)[/SIZE]

Pixel by Zombhood on DA

Last edited by Kaybug.; February 19th, 2023 at 07:47 PM.
Old March 1st, 2023, 09:42 PM
dancing in the moonlight

Bump Policy: 3 days (1 day time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo Rat View Post

-
- @Wingnettle
Mistycloud || She/her

Mistycloud blinked, noticing the apprentices motion, “We were hunting and three minks attacked us.” She was drowsy but she listened to the medicine cat,
(Sorry this was so short, im having side effects from things.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Mintpaw (she/her)
Riverclan

When Stonepaw arrived, he looked quite astonished and suddenly Mintpaw feared that the young apprentice would be left alone. Why isn't Fawnlight here? She didn't have any problems in being handled by the new medicine cat apprentice, but she guessed he would need some kind of help sooner or later.
"Minks." She replied curtly and blinked at Mistycloud, as if asking her to speak in her place.

She nodded at him, hoping that it wouldn't hurt too much, and glanced at Mistycloud to make sure she laid down, inspecting her injuries once more with concern. Now that she was resting, the pain felt even stronger. She'd never been here, she'd never been injured, she'd never had to heal. I wish Slatestripe was here...

[ @carmen @Emo Rat ( @Cherry~ can't remember if I had already tagged you) ]

Stonepaw

What in the world was a mink? As vital as the question was, Stonepaw found that there were more important things to get done at the moment, the most pressing of which being their injuries. "Ok." The older molly was still hovering. "Will you take a seat?" It was making him anxious. Not only were the both of them injured, but one was standing behind him. He couldn't work while someone was behind him. No, no, no. They had to be sitting down so he could see the ouchies better, cause this awkward standing wasn't right for a work environment. If she didn't sit down, she'd probably faint or something too, and then he'd be in even more trouble.

"Alright, will each of you clean your wounds? It'll taste bad, but licking them is the best way to do it." He began to chew the stalk of marigold, spitting it into his palm as he worked. A few cobwebs lay beside him, and that, paired with a few poppy seeds, was all he had to offer. Bees, he really needed to send out more patrols.

that's all folks

unless?

rose stole carmen's identity

Last edited by carmen; March 1st, 2023 at 09:43 PM.
Old March 5th, 2023, 12:26 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Mintpaw (she/her)
Riverclan
White and gray siamese with blue eyes

Mintpaw blinked expectantly at Mistycloud, suggesting her with a tiny nod to follow Stonepaw's suggestion and lay down. Besides, she'd been injured too and she didn't need to stay on her paws anyway.

The white siamese apprentice dipped her head slightly to the medicine cat apprentice as to signal him that she was ready to follow the orders. She bent her head and started from the scratches on her sides, leaving the painful, deep bite on her fore leg as the last.

Her rasping tongue caught up blood and debris, filling her mouth with an unpleasant, earthy ferrous taste. She kept on licking her injuries anyway, wincing as she touched ever so slightly the terrible marks that had pierced her leg. ..I hope the herbs will sting less than this...

She looked up at Stonepaw working with his paws with a few, sharp smelling herbs that were totally unknown to her. Why wasn't Fawnlight here to teach him? It seemed unfair to her that the young apprentice was left alone with two injured cats, but she didn't protest. She might have had a good reason, she believed.

She prodded Mistycloud again, this time speaking softly to encourage her. "...Lick them."

[ @carmen @Kay~ ]

Last edited by Wingnettle; March 18th, 2023 at 05:29 AM.
Old March 18th, 2023, 07:59 AM
VM me STARS

Bump Policy: Whenever you think is appropriate.
My Mood: Angelic

Shellpaw padded into the medicine den, she spotted Stonepaw and padded up to him, "Hi! I have some free time right now, are there any herbs you need that I can go find?"

@carmen
Old March 18th, 2023, 08:25 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Gingerfrost was sitting outside in the clearing; in fact, he felt not well at all. His leg stung, his body ached. Her felt cold shivers run down his spine and doing the simplest of tasks was utterly exhausting and straining. And yet, he couldn't bring himself to go see Stonepaw. He didn't want to bother the kid. he powered through every other injury, this would be just the same. trying to sleep, feeling sweaty from a fever, the tom closed his eyes. Although, sleeping was pretty much all he could de lately. He looked terrible.

[ @carmen ]

Old March 19th, 2023, 08:52 PM
Lover's Rock

Bump Policy: Every twenty-four hours.
My Mood: Lurking

Mistycloud [She/Her]

The white riverclan molly began to lick her wounds after sitting so it'd be easier for the new medicine cat. Her wounds tasted foul.The aroma in the medicine den was calming though.

- @carmen = @Wingnettle -

Pixel by Zombhood on DA

Last edited by Kaybug.; March 19th, 2023 at 08:52 PM.
Old March 20th, 2023, 05:35 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

[ jesse is trans and closeted, so he/him should be used !! ]

JESSE; she/her | @carmen

perhaps, just perhaps, jesse had waited a teensy while before visiting the.. 'medicine cat' for her wound. there was the slightest sense of distrust, the smallest feeling of anxiety about the whole situation. like a small worm that had burrowed into an apple. of course, she's realized that this whole clan thing wasn't some lie, but she's still cautious. though, she's desperate to get her wound treated so she supposes she has to get over herself and meet this little stonepaw dude. stepping a paw into the den, the tabby scrunches her nose at the strong smell of.. plants?? gross smelling plants. yuck. "uh.." she shifts her paws awkwardly, "...hello? i have an injury."

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Closed Thread