Last post by Mica
Today 01:15 AM
A Rematch! [P]
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:39 AM
Closed Thread

Old December 17th, 2020, 04:20 PM
Moving Forward

Bump Policy: after 3 days, I've been much more active recently.
My Mood: Fanatic

Default Re: December Gathering

"well, no. I don't have any siblings. do you?" silverpaw asked. she shifted her paws.
Flamegaze|Character Creator|Random Art Shop
Old December 17th, 2020, 04:24 PM

My Mood: Fine

@Santafan09
"Yes, I've got a brother," Nightshadow mewed. "Same Clan. His name is Blackforest." She flicked her tail to a black and white forest markings tom with amber eyes.
Old December 17th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Moving Forward

Bump Policy: after 3 days, I've been much more active recently.
My Mood: Fanatic

(isn't blackforest played by you? @Mia)
"well, that's very interesting. I might talk to him. but for now I'm going to meet some other cats if that's okay." she wandered off before Nightshadow had a chance to reply.
[OPEN]
Flamegaze|Character Creator|Random Art Shop
Old December 17th, 2020, 04:37 PM

My Mood: Fine

@Santafan09 (yes Blackforest is played by me)
"Yeah, that's...your already gone," Nightshadow meowed while watching Silverpaw leave. What should I do now and who should I talk to? she thought. She looked around the clearing. "Already talking...already talking...already talking," she meowed while naming off the cats that were already in a conversation. She then sighed and walked to the back of the crowd of cats and looked up at the moon. "Clear moon, good sign. I hope to meet you, StarClan, one day."
Old December 17th, 2020, 07:06 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Having received such a somber welcome, Finchwhisker couldn't help but scoff. However, the WindClan deputy--whatever his name was--did have a fair point. This was a rather dreary area, especially considering it was supposed the spot set aside for cats of such merit. "Why thank you," His sarcastic declaration of appreciation was swiftly cut off as Dawnstar finally leaped onto the rock, causing grains of sand and snow to come sprinkling down on top of their heads. What kind of cat in their right mind had assumed this would be a place the deputies might enjoy sitting? This was all rather distasteful, but he knew there wasn't a whole lot they could do about it.

In his time spent thinking, the tabby tom realized the others had moved on in conversation. Amber eyes studied the two other deputies as they went on with their exchange, examining them closely for the first time. What were their names again? He didn't have a clue. In truth, he'd never wholly paid attention to anything involving the other clans at gatherings, but now, he supposed he was in the same position as these two. Well... maybe they were equal in rank, but naturally, he was unmistakably superior to those scoundrels. Nevertheless, he would have to get to know them a bit better--or at the very least, learn their names--if he didn't want gatherings to be such a drag. But it wasn't as if he'd take himself down by asking them what in the world their names were. No no no. One of them was bound to use the other's name at some point, so all he had to do was watch, and wait, and listen.

[ @Arie @Mumble ]

Character Site ✩ Bump after 3 days. ✩
Old December 17th, 2020, 08:37 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
"Uh yeah sorry miss Coldamber give me a second." Snakepaw stammered a bit head whipping back to stare at the thunderclan she cat a wide delighted grin slowly growing over his face "Frostpaw? Frost-paw. You werent given an apprentice you were made the apprentice! You and I are the same rank now! What do you even have to do to get demoted like that?! And why would you even try and lie about it, its not like there was any conceivable way you'd able to hide it, and it really just makes you look well...." He gave a short inhaled hissing breath before deciding "You know what, nothing I can say can be better than what you already manage to do without help. No need to scold me Sparrowskip Im going, I'll find you when the gathering ends." With that the apprentice stood and nodded at the windclan cat pointing with his tail "Thank you again I see a clear patch over there where we can talk."

@Zesty Mango @:Grimmlin: @Xmas Bliss @Rainquail @implimm @elysian
Coldamber waited patiently for Snakepaw to finish his comment. When he turned back to her, she rose to her paws and followed him to the clear patch he had pointed out.
She sat back down, seeing no point in wasting energy to keep standing unless she needed to get up to grab something.
"You said you wanted herb training. Anything in particular you're needing to learn?"
She knew Sparrowskip was equally unskilled, but unsure just how much either of them had been taught.

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old December 18th, 2020, 03:40 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkstripe View Post
Surprisingly, Falconpaw offered a rare chuckle at the initial statement, “Fair enough.” She remarked. Sirius has been cocky and proud—he had been a vicious, dirty fighter, but had to have known that Sparkfrost would flay him alive. She paused. The ShadowClan apprentice was playing games. Falconpaw flicked an ear and lowered her voice, calculative eyes distant, “Are they training you too?” She inquired, her voice growing cold.
“These cats...Coldpath has been dead for moons now. So has Pikefang. They gather in a dark forest; these warriors who led esteemed but brutal lives. It is not StarClan. They claim it’s something greater.” She enumerated, “They claim that this...place is designated for great warriors to pass their knowledge on to promising cats. I’m not sure I believe them, but it doesn’t matter—if they can grant me what I want, I don’t care who they are.”
Got her. Shrikepaw chuckled derisively before responding "Not those specific cats, no. I'd say I've got my own mentor." Though he didnt name any names, the thunderclan cat would defiantly know of Stormgorse, him being a thunderclan warrior and a well respected one to boot though him being in the dark forrest may be an interesting shock given Stormgorse seemed well versed at hiding his inner darkness. Though the apprentice seemed to know less of the darkforrest it wouldnt do to piss her off too badly. "An interesting claim and not a true one let me tell you. Think of it as a counterpart to starclan where cats who don't... fit there go." He shrugged "They can deliver though, it's the cost that most dislike, among other things. High risk high reward so to speak. Still I'd warn you to be a little more cautious about speaking of it in the future not everyone is as willing to look away as I am."
Old December 18th, 2020, 03:49 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

"OOOOOOH Yotiebug/Coyotepaw! That makes sense! Thats a really cool name! Im Willowpaw, of course we can be friends!" The tabby chirped bouncing a little in place "Does Lionpaw call you Yotiebug because you like bugs? I can find you cool bugs here if you want like sandfleas! They're not like normal fleas though they're bigger and dont bite! Theres also crabs which I guess are a sorta bug but crabs are evil! Trust me stay away from crabs! Theyre weird and scary and can pinch off a toe!!!" She shuddered hard and mumbled with a vacant terrified look glancing over her face "Awful evil creatures crabs."

@punkscape @Mumble (sorry this is short Im uninspired)
Old December 18th, 2020, 04:03 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post

Coldamber waited patiently for Snakepaw to finish his comment. When he turned back to her, she rose to her paws and followed him to the clear patch he had pointed out.
She sat back down, seeing no point in wasting energy to keep standing unless she needed to get up to grab something.
"You said you wanted herb training. Anything in particular you're needing to learn?"
She knew Sparrowskip was equally unskilled, but unsure just how much either of them had been taught.
Snakepaws ecstatic grin disappeared in a flash a much more somber scowl stealing its way into place. "Right yeah... This is gonna be a bit of an ask but Ive got two major issues I need to learn how to fix.
First of all, theres a kit in the den right now sick but not with the normal flu its smells different. Theyre coughing and weak and feverish and while I dont really know anything I did listen to the elders a lot as a kit and they talked about Greencough (whitecough? Ive no clue what the difference is) and how bad it is. As much as I hate to say it a single kit dying might not be that bad if it is greencough but they also mentioned how fast it spread and I cant depend on it being only them recovering or not for the entire winter. So what herbs do you use for greencough and what do they look like? Any information you can give me will be a huge help..."

Heavy question sure but that wasnt it.
"Also I dont know about windclan but our warriors seem to get into scraps so often its insane and we lost two to infection like as soon as we were given the position. So how do you treat and prevent infection? I- I dont wanna loose anymore clanmates..." It still hurt. The apprentice had expected he couldnt have saved Dogflame, the warrior bled out before he could even get to him, but Owlflight and Mapleleaf? It haunted him. Hopefully Coldamber would be able to help though, the medicine cat seemed to know a lot so maybe he would finally have some good luck.
Old December 18th, 2020, 04:43 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Coldamber held a small, pleasant and passive smile as Snakepaw came back, not terribly minding the apprentice's resting scowl, but her smile immediately vanished as soon as Snakepaw mentioned a horribly familiar disease.
"Yes, that sounds like green cough. It's an infection of the lungs and spreads very easily. WindClan recently had 3 kits, a queen, and a warrior all come down with it, but thankfully, hopefully, it shouldn't be too contagious. Put the infected under a quarantine and change any bedding they've slept in, to minimize the spread."
The measures to prevent further spread were just as important as actually curing it. You could cure it all you wanted but if you treated it like any other sickness, it would no doubt spread quicker han you could cure it.
"There is a specific plant you use to cure it. It's not immediate and some need re-treatment. The plant is called catmint. I don't know how to describe it, but it's smell is unmistakable and invigorating. The leaves are separated in fours, all corresponding, in a particular pattern. Uh, like this."
Coldamber used a paw to make the four marks the way she had seen on the plants.
"Usually they are without flowers, but when they do bloom, they're a very pale grey-purple colour and are bell shaped. Do not give the patients the blooms, only the leaves. I don't think they're dangerous if eaten, but I know they aren't what helps."

She stopped and listened to him talk about infection in his clan and frowned. Had Fawnsqueak not taught them anything.
"No offense, but why didn't Fawnsqueak teach you this when he retired? That's irresponsible to not teach your replacements...."
Her nose crinkled. She was still a little aggravated that Coyotesnarl never taught her and Snailswirl more than he had, but the fact that Fawnsqueak hadn't taught them anything was infuriating.
Her tail lashed.
"Marigold, it's a golden flower, full of ruffles and almost looks like a cloud; this will help fight infection. You chew it into a poultice and make sure there are as few pulp bits as you can manage. In addition, you should use a light layer of cobwebs to hold the poultice to the wound so it can work, but don't keep it on longer than a few days. Also keep wounds clean and dry as much as you can."
She rolled her neck to let it pop a few times before returning her attention to him.
"Are you sure this is all you want to know? I would not mind sharing more with you."

@Rani

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.

Last edited by Abyssopelagic; December 18th, 2020 at 04:44 AM.
Closed Thread