Last post by Hollyheart of thunder
Today 01:29 AM
Closed Thread

Old May 20th, 2020, 10:12 AM
Smile, she said.

My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: Lionsbeach

@SilentLamb

Doefeather let out a yelp of happiness, before launching herself at Brambleblaze. "WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! WE DID IT!!!" She could hardly contain herself. They had done! Her and Bramble- Alone and together! The gull was dead and.... "what does it taste like? I need to know before finishing my narrating of our HUNT!"
Old May 20th, 2020, 10:26 AM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

@TeamRiverRipple

Her eyes widened as she let out a more scared yowl, Well....at least she was awake and motivated now! For real. "um...uh...i don't know! We have to put it in the pile first ..." starclan this cat was hyper! Maybe more so than she can handle. .
But this cat was alright...atleast it was one and not a whole group .
"thanks for hunting with me , it did make it more enjoyab!e .."

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old May 20th, 2020, 10:33 AM
Smile, she said.

My Mood: Stressed

@SilentLamb

Doefeather pulled away from the molly, eyes shining. "The feeling is mutual! now, LET'S GOOOO!!" She grabbed the gull, and began to scuttle across the beach. "Goodness, this is heavy! but.. i wanna run... GO RUN!" Her mood was flickering like a light. One moment running like she was drinking coffee out of the sky, the next sad that she couldn't run with the gull. Back and forth back and forth.
Old May 20th, 2020, 05:04 PM
The Only Unicorn Member

My Mood: Sad

@x ghostie

{Clearing}

Lightpaw glanced over to Wormbite as he beckoned to her with his tail, her first patrol?! Even if it was just with Wormbite and overall a fancy way to say hunting training, Lightpaw was still, nevertheless, thrilled. She skittered over to her mentor awaiting instruction. When directed to Lionsbeach she followed him obediently, excited to finally get a chance to learn more.
------
{Lionsbeach}

Lightpaw followed Wormbite through the forest, watching the terrain change beneath her paws. Leaves and twigs soon became sand and rocks. The coolness underneath the shade of the canopy slowly changed to a sweltering heat, which burned her paws if she stood still too long. The apprentice hadn't done much looking around Lionsbeach yet. It hadn't been a prominent spot on their tour days prior. Now faced with the new location and scents, Lightpaws spine tingled with anticipation. The pair was going to catch something today. Something big! She could feel it. Lightpaw closed her eyes letting fresh air wash over her, imagining herself carrying back the largest fish she could possibly imagine. Then, she blinked back to reality, facing her mentor.

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.

Last edited by Queenie; May 23rd, 2020 at 12:29 AM.
Old May 24th, 2020, 06:29 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
@x ghostie

{Clearing}

Lightpaw glanced over to Wormbite as he beckoned to her with his tail, her first patrol?! Even if it was just with Wormbite and overall a fancy way to say hunting training, Lightpaw was still, nevertheless, thrilled. She skittered over to her mentor awaiting instruction. When directed to Lionsbeach she followed him obediently, excited to finally get a chance to learn more.
------
{Lionsbeach}

Lightpaw followed Wormbite through the forest, watching the terrain change beneath her paws. Leaves and twigs soon became sand and rocks. The coolness underneath the shade of the canopy slowly changed to a sweltering heat, which burned her paws if she stood still too long. The apprentice hadn't done much looking around Lionsbeach yet. It hadn't been a prominent spot on their tour days prior. Now faced with the new location and scents, Lightpaws spine tingled with anticipation. The pair was going to catch something today. Something big! She could feel it. Lightpaw closed her eyes letting fresh air wash over her, imagining herself carrying back the largest fish she could possibly imagine. Then, she blinked back to reality, facing her mentor.
Wormbite stared out at the large beach which was covered in tiny little treasures. The waves crashing against the bank. It smelled so.. strange but familiar. The warrior had actually never gone to the Lionsbeach-- during his apprenticeship he never had to. Nor did he have an interest in it. For one reason and one reason only..

The tom let out a grumble, casting an glance down to the .. sand. Wormbite shuddered, flexing his claws in an attempt to get used to the feeling of the many grains under his paws. It was always so weird to walk in.. Hopefully it wouldn't cause too much noise when hunting. He let out a sigh, looking back up and meeting Lightpaw's excitable gaze. Yeah. This wouldn't be too bad.

Wormbite cleared his throat, "First off. Hunting crouch, watch and copy. " He mewed-- dropping down to his paws. His tail was sticking straight out and his body was braced to pounce. After a couple good seconds-- He would stand back up. "Your turn, " Wormbite mewed.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- easing back into roleplay / dealing with finals --
pronouns.cc
Old May 24th, 2020, 06:56 PM
The Only Unicorn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x ghostie View Post
Wormbite stared out at the large beach which was covered in tiny little treasures. The waves crashing against the bank. It smelled so.. strange but familiar. The warrior had actually never gone to the Lionsbeach-- during his apprenticeship he never had to. Nor did he have an interest in it. For one reason and one reason only..

The tom let out a grumble, casting an glance down to the .. sand. Wormbite shuddered, flexing his claws in an attempt to get used to the feeling of the many grains under his paws. It was always so weird to walk in.. Hopefully it wouldn't cause too much noise when hunting. He let out a sigh, looking back up and meeting Lightpaw's excitable gaze. Yeah. This wouldn't be too bad.

Wormbite cleared his throat, "First off. Hunting crouch, watch and copy. " He mewed-- dropping down to his paws. His tail was sticking straight out and his body was braced to pounce. After a couple good seconds-- He would stand back up. "Your turn, " Wormbite mewed.
Lightpaw looked around the beach expectantly. She could smell lots of things here, and she wondered what she might catch. Suddenly, Wormbite began instructing. She decided she liked his teaching style. It was precise and he didn't wait around or get wordy like some other warriors she had talked to. After inspecting the pose for a couple second, the apprentice did her best to mimic it. She placed her paws in the soft sand, holding them sturdy, but they all seemed a bit too far apart. The balance of her weight seemed astronomically different between limbs so she was pretty sure it was wrong, she kept glancing over to make sure she matched her mentor. This was what he was doing right? She shook her head and re-centered herself so that her weight was evenly distributed between all her legs, and after shifting around a bit she felt ready to pounce. Now all she needed was a target... first looking to Wormbite for confirmation that she was correct.

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.
Old May 24th, 2020, 09:32 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Quote:
Lightpaw looked around the beach expectantly. She could smell lots of things here, and she wondered what she might catch. Suddenly, Wormbite began instructing. She decided she liked his teaching style. It was precise and he didn't wait around or get wordy like some other warriors she had talked to. After inspecting the pose for a couple second, the apprentice did her best to mimic it. She placed her paws in the soft sand, holding them sturdy, but they all seemed a bit too far apart. The balance of her weight seemed astronomically different between limbs so she was pretty sure it was wrong, she kept glancing over to make sure she matched her mentor. This was what he was doing right? She shook her head and re-centered herself so that her weight was evenly distributed between all her legs, and after shifting around a bit she felt ready to pounce. Now all she needed was a target... first looking to Wormbite for confirmation that she was correct.
Wormbite walked around Lightpaw, eyes examining Lightpaw. He opened his mouth to suggest for her to fix her stance until the apprentice did it herself. After a few seconds, he gave her a nod. "Good, " He praised--- taking a step back to give Lightpaw space. Another thing the tom had noticed. Lightpaw was very much a quick learner.

"Recall how at Windclan's border during the tour, you focused and described to me what was happening? I want you to do that to try to find prey. Any skittering, squeaks, scents, " Wormbite explained.

pronouns.cc
Old May 25th, 2020, 12:49 AM
The Only Unicorn Member

Quote:
Wormbite walked around Lightpaw, eyes examining Lightpaw. He opened his mouth to suggest for her to fix her stance until the apprentice did it herself. After a few seconds, he gave her a nod. "Good, " He praised--- taking a step back to give Lightpaw space. Another thing the tom had noticed. Lightpaw was very much a quick learner.

"Recall how at Windclan's border during the tour, you focused and described to me what was happening? I want you to do that to try to find prey. Any skittering, squeaks, scents, " Wormbite explained.
Lightpaw obeyed, opening her mouth to scent for any nearby prey. She flicked her ears towards any sounds. On the edge of the beach and treeline, She heard something scuffling. Quickly she raced over looking on the forest floor for the source of the sound. A squirrel raced past her and up a tree, well out of reach. She frowned knowing that climbing trees may be something she never learned. That was a Thunderclan or Shadowclan thing.

She returned to Wormbite, who was still waiting at the beach and tried again. The grasses in the corner held many different prizes waiting to be caught. Bingo. A rat, or a vole, she still couldn't pin point exactly what, lay hidden in the brush. This time Lightpaw quietly stalked over to the area flicking her ears back and forth hunting for the exact spot the rodent was. There! Lightpaw leaped with magnificent force to where she was pretty sure the prey was hiding. She missed it by a hair and the beach vole skittered out from under the grass. Surprised Lightpaw topped to the side but not before she hastily swiped her paw in an attempt to grab the vole. By some stroke of luck her claws hooked its little body and Lightpaw gave a swipe bite to the neck, thanking Starclan quietly for the catch. She turned back to Wormbite knowing he would have some critiques. Beginner's luck was very much on her side.

Old May 26th, 2020, 06:30 AM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Quote:
Lightpaw obeyed, opening her mouth to scent for any nearby prey. She flicked her ears towards any sounds. On the edge of the beach and treeline, She heard something scuffling. Quickly she raced over looking on the forest floor for the source of the sound. A squirrel raced past her and up a tree, well out of reach. She frowned knowing that climbing trees may be something she never learned. That was a Thunderclan or Shadowclan thing.

She returned to Wormbite, who was still waiting at the beach and tried again. The grasses in the corner held many different prizes waiting to be caught. Bingo. A rat, or a vole, she still couldn't pin point exactly what, lay hidden in the brush. This time Lightpaw quietly stalked over to the area flicking her ears back and forth hunting for the exact spot the rodent was. There! Lightpaw leaped with magnificent force to where she was pretty sure the prey was hiding. She missed it by a hair and the beach vole skittered out from under the grass. Surprised Lightpaw topped to the side but not before she hastily swiped her paw in an attempt to grab the vole. By some stroke of luck her claws hooked its little body and Lightpaw gave a swipe bite to the neck, thanking Starclan quietly for the catch. She turned back to Wormbite knowing he would have some critiques. Beginner's luck was very much on her side.
Wormbite stifled a sigh as he watched Lightpaw become more blurrier and blurrier as she raced towards to the treeline. It wasn't the smartest idea to allow the molly to run out of his sight range but as long as she believed Wormbite could see her-- it wasn't that bad. In the meantime, the tom scented for any prey nearby him. Trying to limit his movements to not strain his already wounded arm.

Wormbite would search under shells and in the patches of grass. To his.. interest, he found a small insect? Perhaps? He gave the shelled creature a poke, tilting his head. The creature snapped back. Wormbite took a step back, huffing. "Crab. Ugly crab, " He mumbled-- now registering what the creature was. He decided to leave it alone, it was too small to eat either way.
He didn't want to get pinched, either.

Thankfully, Lightpaw had more luck. Wormbite would retreat back to see what the apprentice was doing. To his surprise, she had found something. Wormbite watched her carefully. When she finished, he cleared his throat. "Don't put so much force into your landing. You'll end up hurting yourself. It makes it harder to recover too. Otherwise than that-- good catch. " He congratulated. Even if it was beginner's luck, Lightpaw was shaping out to be a good hunter.

pronouns.cc
Old May 26th, 2020, 03:28 PM
The Only Unicorn Member

Quote:
Wormbite stifled a sigh as he watched Lightpaw become more blurrier and blurrier as she raced towards to the treeline. It wasn't the smartest idea to allow the molly to run out of his sight range but as long as she believed Wormbite could see her-- it wasn't that bad. In the meantime, the tom scented for any prey nearby him. Trying to limit his movements to not strain his already wounded arm.

Wormbite would search under shells and in the patches of grass. To his.. interest, he found a small insect? Perhaps? He gave the shelled creature a poke, tilting his head. The creature snapped back. Wormbite took a step back, huffing. "Crab. Ugly crab, " He mumbled-- now registering what the creature was. He decided to leave it alone, it was too small to eat either way.
He didn't want to get pinched, either.

Thankfully, Lightpaw had more luck. Wormbite would retreat back to see what the apprentice was doing. To his surprise, she had found something. Wormbite watched her carefully. When she finished, he cleared his throat. "Don't put so much force into your landing. You'll end up hurting yourself. It makes it harder to recover too. Otherwise than that-- good catch. " He congratulated. Even if it was beginner's luck, Lightpaw was shaping out to be a good hunter.
"Thank you Wormbite." Lightpaw set the vole down and shaded it with some leaves. She selected one however to practice her pounce and apply Wormbite's instruction. As a kit, she realized, they think everything is about being as powerful as possible but that really is far from it. She took another leap and misjudged how close she had placed the leaf. Her legs, as a natural swimmer, seemed much too powerful for her tiny body. Instead of landing on her target she missed it by a tail-length and her paws slammed into the earth. Luckily, they were on sand or the impact may have hurt a lot more. She turned her head back to Wormbite to see if he was having any luck but noticed something else about the tom. He looked pained. "Are you ok?" She asked trotting up to him, concern flitting in her eyes.

Closed Thread