Today 12:27 PM

Old February 21st, 2023, 09:47 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: Smallpines

**Petalflight**
@valery @WinterMara @~CherylBlossom~

Her green eyes switched around her even as her head remained low set and pointed forward. The apparently lead cat, His name…. she thought back to when the names were being called for patrol, Right, that must be Alderstep, was tense with distaste or unhappiness. Her eyes lingered on him with a touch of suspicion. What had he to be in such a sour mood over? Was it normal for these warriors to so hate the normal aspects of their own way of life? Her gaze then swept to the other cat in their party. She was bouncy, fidgety; it felt a drastic contrast to Alderstep’s demeanor and it made her all the more curious about these clan cats. From the outside looking in it had always seemed they were all the same, or at least closely similar. They were prideful and quick to aggression and dense, but walking among them there was so much…nuance. The other warrior didn’t seem to be following with any decent timing, just another curiosity to Petalflight. It seemed if these cats chose this life they’d take their duties in it more seriously. They were supposed to be…what? Marking borders? Checking for threats? Petalflight had never been in one place long enough to have to deal with borders but, in the same way she knew how to be stealthy and not leave her scent, she knew how to leave scent markers. It quickly became apparent where to leave them as well as a strong stench wafted over them, distinctly similar to the scent of the clan she was only gradually getting used to. Rather than take the initiative though, she hung back to follow the others and copy their actions.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old February 21st, 2023, 01:57 PM
ringfinger

alderstep
he/him
thunderclan
russet tabby w/ white paws, green eyes

Alderstep began rubbing up on some trees, keeping his eyes peeled for any cats on the other side while also noting what parts of the border had a fainter scent. He glanced back at the rest of the cats, twitching an ear irritatedly. "What're you all waiting for? Get going. You're all warriors, I shouldn't have to be instructing you like kits how to mark the borders," he grumbled, though he glanced over at Petalflight. Maybe she needed instruction, but really? How hard is it to follow and copy?

The snap of a twig caught the tom's attention, but it was only a squirrel. He watched as it darted across the border, headed for RiverClan. Alderstep looked back to the group, then did a slight shrugging motion and continued marking the borders. A breeze blew by, whistling among the pine tree tops. The tom glanced up before his mind was drawn back to the thought of prey. Troubled, he added, "Don't try to catch anything, no matter what you see. Leave it. The fishcats may try and start a fight over what prey was over the border, if they see you." Not that they could ever catch something that walked. The dumb cats could probably only hook up fish from the water. Alderstep only reminded the group because of Petalflight. He wasn't about to let some outsider cause a potential scuffle with another clan. Besides, he better take initiative, since that was apparently the only way things were going to get done among this group.

@WinterMara @Ravensong

Last edited by alkaline; February 23rd, 2023 at 04:32 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2023, 12:13 PM
Percival Personal Jester

Bump Policy: 24 hours while not on hiatus, bump again after 7 days, don't bump on hiatuses.
My Mood: Adorable

| Softsky of Thunderclan - Smallpines - Border Patrol | @Ravensong @valery |

She didn't expect the sudden scolding, especially since she. . .did usually need to actually be told things, but Softsky wasn't going to throw a fit. She simply began marking the borders as he politely told them too, not bothering to make a glance at the tom. Honestly, with Alderstep's attitude, she hoped she wouldn't be on patrol with him again anytime soon, he may be getting the job done. . .but rather unlikeable

At least he was the only one actively complaining, to be fair.

tal was here... and here.... and also here!
Old February 23rd, 2023, 03:01 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Petalflight**
@WinterMara @valery

The lead warrior moved forward and began marking the trees over the fainter scents she'd picked up. Simply remarking the old marks. Easy enough. She blinked her sharp green eyes and moved in towards the border. She flicked an ear as Alderstep grumbled on about the rest of his patrol not moving quickly enough. She'd felt the ire enough times from Delphic that she knew to simply let the sharp words roll off her back and she minded the ill-temper by giving no acknowledgement to the order but rather continued on her way to copy the tom's actions, rubbing over the trees and marking the shrubs and stones that held the old previous scent of the last patrol. Putting the irritable tom out of her mind and even allowing the other warrior and the warrior who'd failed to show up to drop away completely, Petalflight turned her attention to the surrounding forest. As she laid another scent marker, something caught her attention from the other side of the border. She couldn't say exactly what had caught her attention but something triggered her instinct to look up. Her eyes trained on a bush that sat out in the middle of an otherwise bare patch of land. The breeze suddenly kicked up, throwing a cold gust into her face and stinging her exposed nose. Her eyes narrowed slightly but nothing else seemed to stir from the bush so she succumbed to the cold and turned away from it. She quickly laid another scent marker then moved to a massive oak and brushed her pelt against the side facing away from the wind, simultaneously blocking the gusts while still completing her duty towards laying scent markers. She wasn't sure if her own scent had yet taken on enough of a Thunderclan quality but the idea would surely be put across that it did not belong to the other clan. What had Alderstep called them? Fishcats? So across the border must be that Riverclan; it'd explain the fishy quality to their scent markers. Though she still couldn't fully comprehend the note of disdain the Thudnerclanners seemed to hold for the cats of the other clans. She shrugged and looked to the other patrolmates, wondering if they were finishing up or if she'd have to leave the relative warmth of the tree's shelter from the biting breeze.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old February 23rd, 2023, 03:23 PM
ringfinger

alderstep
he/him
thunderclan
russet tabby w/ white paws, green eyes

Alright, so Petalflight was managing on her own. Good to know, because Alderstep could probably never find it within himself to force himself to teach another cat that was old enough to be of warrior age. The tom found himself slinking lower along the ground as the wind gusts got chillier. He grumbled under his breath, something or other about how leaf-bare sucked. Finishing up his own bit of border he'd singled out to freshen up,

Alderstep turned back around to observe the rest of his clanmates. Where was Lynxtuft? He lashed his tail in annoyance. "Has anyone seen her?" he asked, looking at Petalflight, who seemed to be done. Or she was just standing there, but he hoped not. He had seen her out of the corner of his eye marking the borders, so most likely she had been contributing. Softsky had been marking the borders, too. He'd seen that as well. That was fine, he supposed. He threw the other she-cat a glance, wondering if she had an answer, as Alderstep doubted Petalflight had the answer. She probably didn't even know his name. If they couldn't find where Lynxtuft had gone, they should probably go back without her, right? Well, no. That sounded kinda fox-hearted to just leave another clanmate when they've disappeared. Even so, now everything was more frustrating. Dumb choices having to be made and bla bla bla leadership. Eugh.

@WinterMara @Ravensong // if lynxtuft doesn't show up, are we supposed to just report back or nah? haven't done one of these before so my bad if the answer's obvious

Last edited by alkaline; February 23rd, 2023 at 04:32 PM.
Old March 6th, 2023, 02:34 PM
statement as follows.

Bump Policy: once a week, daily for patrols
My Mood: Mysterious

pondwhisker

{ @Faline @xavier. }

With rusty and out-of-tune hums, the almost 100 moon tom was padding along the border of Smallpines, making sure there was nothing from the opposite Clan. Turning back towards Codpaw and Raccoonpelt, he paused his walking. "Alright, Codpaw. Learning moment! What do you smell?" He tilted his head, ears flicked forward with interest. He wondered what the young apprentice had already learned by now.

Fae/faer/moon/moonself/they/them
Characters | RP Tracker and Bump Policy

STAFF SIGN HERE
velli was here <3
dracarys - dani <3
dino dropped a stolen treasure chest here and ran

Old March 7th, 2023, 09:33 PM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.
My Mood: Kingly

~ Raccoonpelt followed after Pondwhisker to the border. The tom looked at the tom before looking at the apprentice. Ah. A little lesson. The gray warrior was probably not needed so why not get started on the border.

"Im going to start marking the border."

The tom said giving Pondwhisker a curt nod before heading down his way along the border ~

| @Faline - Codpaw; @effervescent. - Pondwhisker |

Last edited by xavier.; March 7th, 2023 at 09:34 PM.
Old March 9th, 2023, 06:54 AM
kinda jus lurking

Bump Policy: 4-7 days, 3 if its urgent
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy. View Post
— Winterpaw ❆ ˚₊ —
@poseidon @ophelia
he him his . it is
a scrawny grey calico oriental shorthair with black splotches and oversized ears that droop. it has three large talon-like scars along his back and icey blue eyes.

Winterpaws hackles immediately raised between the scars that ran down his back. His eyes narrowed into slits as he glared at hailhawk. who the hell did this cat thing he was?

"or what? im sorry, do we not insult my bestfriend neighbours?" he sneered, voice dripping with sarcasm. "stars forbid our fishy friends get upset!"

Winterpaw turned, grumbling under his breath when autumnpaw arrived. he was both comforted and an annoyance. At least he wasn't alone with Hailhawk; the name already had a sour taste in his mouth.

"lets go already, jeez,'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophelia View Post
[ @teddy. @poseidon ]
autumnpaw (7/100)
--------
Autumnpaw's ears pricked at the sound of her name. A patrol? Wow! Exciting! She hopped to her feet, shaking the moss out of her short pelt, and bounded out of the apprentice's den to find her patrol team. Where was Winterpaw, that grumpy ol' furball...aha!

"I'm here!" she announced proudly, skidding to a stop in front of her brother and the warrior. "The party may now commence," she said with a teasing tone, dipping her head into a small bow.
Do you want them to fight us?” Hailhawk said with a sigh to the apprentice. “It’s best to stay passive when we can, to avoid unnecessary skirmishes.” He told Winterpaw.

He then led the two apprentices to the border. “i want the two of you to go up that way, and i’ll go this way. Meet back as soon as you’ve covered your half of the border. Do not dilly-dally or get in any trouble. Have i made myself clear?” Hailhawk instructed.
In school from 7:45am-2:45pm EST mon-fri. weekends vary with my schedule
Not online afterschool wednesdays or thursdays (at karate the whole night)
Very active on discord (shaae_26)
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
{Jackdawkit} - {Falconkit}
~~~~~

Old March 10th, 2023, 10:58 AM
statement as follows.

Bump Policy: once a week, daily for patrols
My Mood: Mysterious

pondwhisker

{ @xavier. @Faline - i am so sorry for such a short post; trying to get this out in the last few mins of my lunch break }

With a quick nod back to Raccoonpelt, the massive tom turned back to the apprentice with a laugh.

"It can be, if you aren't used to it. That's ThunderClans scent." He started to to mark the border, humming as he did.

Fae/faer/moon/moonself/they/them
Characters | RP Tracker and Bump Policy

STAFF SIGN HERE
velli was here <3
dracarys - dani <3
dino dropped a stolen treasure chest here and ran

Last edited by puppeteer; March 10th, 2023 at 01:02 PM.
Old March 11th, 2023, 08:16 PM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.
My Mood: Kingly

~ Raccoonpelt flicked his ear as he walked down the border and marked the side that belonged to the clan of fishes. It was a nice day it seemed. Raccoonpelt internally thanked Gingerfrost for not sending him to Saltmeadow Marsh. It wasn't Dawnstar who he was afraid of it was his own family. Blood family not adopted such as Dappledleaf. ~

| @effervescent. - Pondwhisker; @Faline - Codpaw |