Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
QUARANTINE!!
by dino.
Last post by ollie
Today 05:31 AM
Rp finder
by Red'fur
Last post by Red'fur
Today 04:56 AM
Dawning Woods
by Rose
Last post by Honey_Dreamz
Today 04:48 AM
" Love hurts, little one ....
by MrWolfu
Last post by Levanya
Today 04:37 AM
Jagged little teeth...
by gs29513
Last post by burntToast
Today 04:34 AM

Old January 2nd, 2018, 03:43 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by meraki View Post
The calico listened to the other’s words considerately, shrugging simply. “Perhaps, but needn’t you worry about me, Fallenstar. I’ll tell you if I’m feeling unwell.” Rowanstrike replied assuringly. He noticed the flash of a smile, so simply grinned back lightly. It was nice to see the clan’s leader in a better mood, and Rowanflicker figured he would attempt to distract the tom from his deeper thoughts. He continued to pad, having to take more steps than the other feline in order to keep up, though there was no sign that the calico was fatigued or tiring. His white paws stepped quickly upon the damp earth, the bottoms of his paws stained brown from the melted snow. A gust of winter wind ruffled Rowanstrike’s pelt as he lifted his amber eyes from the ground, squinting against the wind. Slowly, though, it calmed and went back to being still, only capable of rustling a few leaves that lay upon the ground.

The smaller tom had noticed the exhaustion in Fallenstar’s gaze, and had figured it was due to the hard work of being a leader. Rowanstrike knew little of the 9 lives ceremonies, but like everyone in the clans, he knew that the leader would receive nine lives from nine StarClan cats. From there, they would have these lives until they either used them all or retired. But that was the extent of the tom’s knowledge, and he hadn’t ever been too close to any of the leaders and had never asked. Of course, this was partly because he didn’t want to be rude. When the leader agreed with his plan to go downstream, he nodded lightly and continued with him downstream.

Having been deep in thought, Rowanstrike had almost not heard the leader’s comment. He glanced over and up at Fallenstar, listening now. Even when he paused in his sentence, the calico said nothing and waited for him to finish. Once the feline finished, Rowanstrike replied. “I believe you’re right,” He meowed, thinking. “I do remember you from our apprenticehood. I probably would’ve spoken more, though I was a shy kit and apprentice.” He explained with a shrug as they continued on their way. The tom looked up at the sky after that, expecting to see a bird fly overhead; but instead the sky was still. Eerily so. Leaf-Bare had come early that season, and Rowanstrike had a feeling it would not treat the clans kindly.
The ebony feline nodded " Good, that's much easier than guessing, I'm not the best at noticing such things about other's, not my strong suit." he said, his tail swishing behind him. It was true, it took a while for him to notice that Honeypool was cold the night he found her giving the stream an empty, lost gaze. Granted she had medium length fur, but that didn't mean it was thick enough to ward off the chill of the night. He, however had both a long and thick coat, which easily kept him warm during the time of leaf-bare.

Fallenstar looked back at the calico, observing the warrior. He didn't usually do such a thing, he found it odd himself, but he was in dire need of a deputy, one to keep him in check and make sure he wasn't letting the power granted to him take control. The feline had strong morals, or at least he used to believe he did, but they became warped after time, he didn't know what was right and what was wrong. Of course, all he knew at the moment was that he had to protect his clanmates, and that what he had done to Waterstreak was unforgivable. Rowanflicker seemed like a sturdy tom, one he could easily rely on, he had common sense and seemed witty, or intelligent. So far, he approved of the tom, but of course, he was consulting 3 other warriors of the clan, time would tell who to pick.

The ebony feline flattened his ears as a gust of wind bellowed, it was chilly, even for him. His lapis hues traced back to the smaller feline, making sure he was alright. After a second of debating the tom stepped in front of Rowanflicker and continued to pad forward "I should be able to block most of the chill, the less sick warriors the better." he stated. He knew the tom was curious, all the other's were, only very few asked, and he didn't find it annoying or rude, it was curiosity after all, every feline had it. "It was very emotional." he stated out of the blue. "My mother wasn't there, and neither was an old friend, I had only known a few, but other than that...well, I can't really describe it. It was...inspiring and exhausting at the same time." he recalled, looking up at the clouded sky as he tried to remember all the emotions surging through him at the time, leaving out all the negative ones, the second guessing, the regret, all of it. He didn't need to know that.

Fallenstar nodded as the warrior began to talk about when they'd noticed each other. He found it odd, that the sturdy warrior was shy during his apprentice days, he himself wasn't shy, though most viewed him as shy, he was just, cold. He had to suffer through his mother's death as a kit, not by himself of course, after all, he could only trust his siblings, he didn't want to speak with anyone else, who could blame him? "That would explain why we never even spoke with one another, I was a...well, a rather cold tom, I would speak with my siblings rather than with anyone else, I didn't care for making friends." he stated.

"Without worrying about our appearance, let's conclude today."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan

|| Site || ToyHouse ||
But these fingers and these palms
Full of love despite the scars
They show indisputably I
have so much more to grow
Oh, I can change, I can evolve

I can get up when I fall
I'll live contentedly, I don't need a reason why
Standing tall and
standing strong
I have found where I belong
In the arms of somebody, there is no more need to cry
Old January 4th, 2018, 01:54 PM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfall View Post
The ebony feline nodded " Good, that's much easier than guessing, I'm not the best at noticing such things about other's, not my strong suit." he said, his tail swishing behind him. It was true, it took a while for him to notice that Honeypool was cold the night he found her giving the stream an empty, lost gaze. Granted she had medium length fur, but that didn't mean it was thick enough to ward off the chill of the night. He, however had both a long and thick coat, which easily kept him warm during the time of leaf-bare.

Fallenstar looked back at the calico, observing the warrior. He didn't usually do such a thing, he found it odd himself, but he was in dire need of a deputy, one to keep him in check and make sure he wasn't letting the power granted to him take control. The feline had strong morals, or at least he used to believe he did, but they became warped after time, he didn't know what was right and what was wrong. Of course, all he knew at the moment was that he had to protect his clanmates, and that what he had done to Waterstreak was unforgivable. Rowanflicker seemed like a sturdy tom, one he could easily rely on, he had common sense and seemed witty, or intelligent. So far, he approved of the tom, but of course, he was consulting 3 other warriors of the clan, time would tell who to pick.

The ebony feline flattened his ears as a gust of wind bellowed, it was chilly, even for him. His lapis hues traced back to the smaller feline, making sure he was alright. After a second of debating the tom stepped in front of Rowanflicker and continued to pad forward "I should be able to block most of the chill, the less sick warriors the better." he stated. He knew the tom was curious, all the other's were, only very few asked, and he didn't find it annoying or rude, it was curiosity after all, every feline had it. "It was very emotional." he stated out of the blue. "My mother wasn't there, and neither was an old friend, I had only known a few, but other than that...well, I can't really describe it. It was...inspiring and exhausting at the same time." he recalled, looking up at the clouded sky as he tried to remember all the emotions surging through him at the time, leaving out all the negative ones, the second guessing, the regret, all of it. He didn't need to know that.

Fallenstar nodded as the warrior began to talk about when they'd noticed each other. He found it odd, that the sturdy warrior was shy during his apprentice days, he himself wasn't shy, though most viewed him as shy, he was just, cold. He had to suffer through his mother's death as a kit, not by himself of course, after all, he could only trust his siblings, he didn't want to speak with anyone else, who could blame him? "That would explain why we never even spoke with one another, I was a...well, a rather cold tom, I would speak with my siblings rather than with anyone else, I didn't care for making friends." he stated.
The calico nodded simply, paws moving in time with the feline beside him. “I can’t say I’m the best when it comes to noticing things about other cats either.” Rowanstrike agreed with a simple shrug. “Didn’t notice my mother was pregnant with another litter until they were born; though to be fair I was an apprentice at the time.” The tom meowed good naturedly. Rowanstrike wasn’t the kind of cat who did a whole lot of joking around; typically when he spoke, he was saying something important. He simply didn’t believe in talking just to breathe; nor did he believe in talking just to hear himself speak. The tom didn’t dislike cats who did so; that would be a dull waste of hatered. Rowanstrike only hated those who deserved to be hated. He hated not those who disagreed with an opinion of his- no, Rowanstrike hated those who were hateful. A cat who disagreed with an opinion of his made him more likely actually to befriend this cat. The calico found enjoyment in debates. And admittedly, arguments too.

One thing the tom did hate though, when others interrupted his debate for fear of it “escalating.” Personally he found that completely ridiculous. How could one become offended if the dispute wasn’t even personal? On that note; Rowanstrike had a secret disliking for overly sensitive cats- nothing that would interfere with day-to-day communications with them of course. He merely felt a tad disappointed that he’d never be able to have a discussion with this cat.

Though Rowanstrike was rather hypocritical in his way of thinking. He was a rather sensitive cat himself, though he was simply in denial about that. He wasn’t effected when others argued with him over politica views, though when arguments grew personal he’d get a little touchy. See, Rowanstrike had a clear line between a personal argument and a debate. A line that perhaps some cats couldn’t quite see. And when this line was crossed, that’s when the calico would snap back. He’d worked long and hard to build up this reputation of his, to get other cats to not look down upon him- and not one cat was going to mess that up. Rowanstrike was not a cat to be messed with and he would not be walked over. Despite his poor fighting qualities, Rowanstrike knew how to deal with cats who bullied. And StarClan save anycat who decided to poke fun at him.

The small tom was aware that Fallenstar was in fact looking for a deputy. Most of the clan figured. And Rowanstrike, while of course was interested in the rank like any sane cat, felt a sinking doubt in his chest. The statistics simply didn’t add up in his favour; not much anyway. He was a poor fighter, he was sensitive, and not very well known. Of course he had plenty of good qualities; his loyalty, his smarts, his fair and unbiased judgement, and his confidence. The only problem was though, that there were many other cats in this clan with traits similar to his. Likely not all of them, but some of them. And he knew of a lot of talented warriors within the clan. Perhaps he ought to practice his fighting a bit more?

Rowanstrike glanced over at the burly leader, his voice breaking the cold winter’s silence. The tom’s ears flicked towards Fallenstar as he listened to each word intently. “I imagine it must’ve been both mentally and physically draining,” he commented sensibly after Fallenstar had finished. “My condolences about your mother and old friend, though. You’re going to be a great leader; I can tell. You’ve been been doing great so far, that is.” He assured him. Rowanstrike had a slight disliking for sugar coating, though in certain situations he’d offer some little bits of encouragement. And when it came to sensitive topics like death or even becoming a leader, Rowanstrike made exceptions.
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da
Old January 6th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounce View Post
Watch's eyes widened at the she-cat's display; He had met very few cats so willing to dare even the shallowest puddle. He didn't try and hide it, he was impressed. At her question, he smiled, closing his eyes, "They taste like the breeze as it blows off the water," He opened his mouth and let the scents all around him coat his tongue, "By the ocean, they taste of salt and sand and sun and waves. Here, they taste of the cool, clean water, smooth stones, and fresh reeds." Watch purred loudly, running his tongue over his muzzle. His sunset eyes opened and, half-lidded, he watch her, curious to see her reaction, "They are truly one of my favorite things to eat."
(Sorry! I think I must have missed the notification. You can feel free to bump me if you feel like it’s been a while. Sometimes I forget things and reminders are welcome.)

Rainpelt listened with thinly veiled interest as the strange tom explained the tast of the clams. Something about the way he spoke so openly and so... beautifully about the world around him made something stir within her, a strange thirst for a taste of the beauty from which he drank deeply as he pleased. She looked down at the clam at his paws, curiously. “Do you suppose,” she paused, suddenly realizing she was about to ask for something that by the rules of Starclan was actually hers to start with. The thought rolled off like water droplets from her pelt. “Could I try it? Please?” She asked, looking at the tom with a softened gaze.

Old January 6th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

As they walked, Runningpaw took deep breaths in an attempt to keep himself focused on the task at hand. They were three moons into their training now, three moons. Any apprentice a quarter moon into their training could hunt better than they had in the past few moons. They needed to do better, and they knew it, if they tried they knew they could do it. “I understand, Rainpelt, I’ll try better. I promise.” They tried to look as genuine as they could, smiling over at the other. For now, they ignored the water weighing their fur. They again moved down the small slope of the bank to the water, flexing his claws to remind himself to stay focused and calm.
They did the same as before, plopping down by the water where they could see the fish but the fish couldn’t see them with a paw up. It took longer this time for the fish to swim near, but they forced them self to stay still. Then, with a quick movement, they splashed their paw down into the water and pulled a fish out of the water. It fell onto the river stones and Runningpaw felt joy go through them. “I did it!” They exclaimed, jumping and looking back at their mentor. They were so excited they almost forgot to finish off the prey, but movement in the corner of their eye caused them to leap back in the fish’s direction. The first attempt left them with a mouthful of pebbles but they quickly spit them out and grabbed the fish in their mouth, looking back at Rainpelt from the ground.

Rainpelt watched with half-lidded eyes as her apprentice took their position, waited and struck. The fish flopped on the bank briefly before Runningpaw remembered to finish it, momentarily distracted by the excitement. He finished the job with plenty of time, after one miss that ended with a mouthful of grit. She padded forward and gave the fish a sniff. “Good catch,” she said coolly, not commenting on the missed bite. Having to taste the ground was all the reminder her apprentice would need to aim more carefully. “Well done.” Rainpelt thumped her tail on the ground, unsure what else to say. Praise had never been her strong suit. Really doing anything with other cats other than work wasn’t her strong suit.

Old January 6th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Curious Kitten

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
(Sorry! I think I must have missed the notification. You can feel free to bump me if you feel like it’s been a while. Sometimes I forget things and reminders are welcome.)

Rainpelt listened with thinly veiled interest as the strange tom explained the tast of the clams. Something about the way he spoke so openly and so... beautifully about the world around him made something stir within her, a strange thirst for a taste of the beauty from which he drank deeply as he pleased. She looked down at the clam at his paws, curiously. “Do you suppose,” she paused, suddenly realizing she was about to ask for something that by the rules of Starclan was actually hers to start with. The thought rolled off like water droplets from her pelt. “Could I try it? Please?” She asked, looking at the tom with a softened gaze.
(I know it's a busy time of year, no worries! Sorry mine's so short, I have a baby shower I got to go to. lol)

Watch perked his ears up and swayed his tail, pleased that this she-cat's hostility had melted away into curiosity and wonder, "Yes, of course!" He pushed the shell forward gently with his nose, his amber eyes holding hers.
Old January 6th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
(I know it's a busy time of year, no worries! Sorry mine's so short, I have a baby shower I got to go to. lol)

Watch perked his ears up and swayed his tail, pleased that this she-cat's hostility had melted away into curiosity and wonder, "Yes, of course!" He pushed the shell forward gently with his nose, his amber eyes holding hers.
(Awe exciting! No worries. Friend? Sibling? In-law?)

As the tom pushed the shell toward her, so gently and softly, he kept his amber eyes caked on hers. The color, so rich and warm, sent heat up through her chest. She had to look away as it crept up to her face, making her cheeks flush. “Thank you,” she said, kneeling down to sniff at the clan. The pink flesh smelled like the river. Gently, she lapped at it, and scooped up the small morsel. It tasted exactly like the tom had said. The tiny scrap was rich with the flavor of the river, and she found she was smiling as she swallowed. “Delicious,” she said. She looked up at the tom again. He seemed so strong, and strange, and wise here in the silver moonlight. He was like the river had come to life, cool, steady, and flowing with a calm beauty. “What is your name?” She asked him, wanting to find a way to know him just a little bit more.

Old January 6th, 2018, 03:58 PM
joe mama

My Mood: Lonely

Jaggedcloud stumbled over his own paws,
even though he was 24 moons old, he apparently needed to be taught how to walk again. He got back up, and continued walking around the territory. He fell over again, but this time he rammed into a cat. "Sorry!" He exclaimed.

@jingle jel

If you like Karl Jacobs, Quackity, Jack Manifold, or ; we're friends

Yes, I listen to Sweater Weather

Sometimes it may slip my mind to log on and respond, if i dont respond to something in 24hrs just dm me on discord! :]

Old January 6th, 2018, 10:45 PM
Curious Kitten

Quote:
(Awe exciting! No worries. Friend? Sibling? In-law?)

As the tom pushed the shell toward her, so gently and softly, he kept his amber eyes caked on hers. The color, so rich and warm, sent heat up through her chest. She had to look away as it crept up to her face, making her cheeks flush. “Thank you,” she said, kneeling down to sniff at the clan. The pink flesh smelled like the river. Gently, she lapped at it, and scooped up the small morsel. It tasted exactly like the tom had said. The tiny scrap was rich with the flavor of the river, and she found she was smiling as she swallowed. “Delicious,” she said. She looked up at the tom again. He seemed so strong, and strange, and wise here in the silver moonlight. He was like the river had come to life, cool, steady, and flowing with a calm beauty. “What is your name?” She asked him, wanting to find a way to know him just a little bit more.
(A friend, I'm very excited for her! She's having a girl, her name will be Savannah Lake.)

The silver tabby tom purred, "I'm glad you like it," the white tip of his tail tapping happily, "If you'd like, I could show you how to catch them some time. Anytime, really." He blinked slowly, reminiscing in the green of her eyes. It reminded him of the beautiful see-through stone he would sometimes find on the shore. In that moment, he wanted nothing more than to fetch one for her. Would it impress her, he wondered, until the she-cat asked his name. "Watch," He said with a chuckle, "I was the first of my litter to open my eyes, apparently." His head tilted as he looked her over. Her pelt was soft, with strong muscles rippling underneath, like the promise of lightning under the surface of a storm cloud. "And you? What is your name?"
Old January 7th, 2018, 08:01 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
(A friend, I'm very excited for her! She's having a girl, her name will be Savannah Lake.)

The silver tabby tom purred, "I'm glad you like it," the white tip of his tail tapping happily, "If you'd like, I could show you how to catch them some time. Anytime, really." He blinked slowly, reminiscing in the green of her eyes. It reminded him of the beautiful see-through stone he would sometimes find on the shore. In that moment, he wanted nothing more than to fetch one for her. Would it impress her, he wondered, until the she-cat asked his name. "Watch," He said with a chuckle, "I was the first of my litter to open my eyes, apparently." His head tilted as he looked her over. Her pelt was soft, with strong muscles rippling underneath, like the promise of lightning under the surface of a storm cloud. "And you? What is your name?"
Watch. It was such a simple name. So precise and simple. She found she like the sound of it. She also found, she like the way he was looking at her. "It's Rainpelt. My parents thought the darker spots on my fur looked like droplets of rain," she explained, her tail giving a slightly embarrassed twitch as she spoke. It wasn't often she talked about herself. It wasn't often she spoke to anyone really. To Rainpelt, doing her duty as a warrior and following the warrior code was all that was important. Her feelings were not important. If they were, she would have been born in a body she didn't hate. A tom's body. What was the point of dwelling on what she'd never have. What was the point of trying to be happy when she knew she could never have what she wanted? And yet... talking to Watch felt nice. She liked it. She didn't want that feeling to end just yet. "I've trained to be a warrior in Riverclan. It means I've been taught to hunt and fight and about Starclan, she explained, looking up at silverpelt where her ancestors shone brightly down on the two cats on the riverbank. She wondered if they were angry at her for not driving Watch off just yet, and silently begged for them to understand and forgive her for just another moment of his company.

Old January 7th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Curious Kitten

Quote:
Watch. It was such a simple name. So precise and simple. She found she like the sound of it. She also found, she like the way he was looking at her. "It's Rainpelt. My parents thought the darker spots on my fur looked like droplets of rain," she explained, her tail giving a slightly embarrassed twitch as she spoke. It wasn't often she talked about herself. It wasn't often she spoke to anyone really. To Rainpelt, doing her duty as a warrior and following the warrior code was all that was important. Her feelings were not important. If they were, she would have been born in a body she didn't hate. A tom's body. What was the point of dwelling on what she'd never have. What was the point of trying to be happy when she knew she could never have what she wanted? And yet... talking to Watch felt nice. She liked it. She didn't want that feeling to end just yet. "I've trained to be a warrior in Riverclan. It means I've been taught to hunt and fight and about Starclan, she explained, looking up at silverpelt where her ancestors shone brightly down on the two cats on the riverbank. She wondered if they were angry at her for not driving Watch off just yet, and silently begged for them to understand and forgive her for just another moment of his company.
Watch did as he was named and watched her, seeing the turmoil in her sea-stone eyes, the discomfort in the way she held herself. His heart ached for her, his brow furrowed a moment. But then he stood and padded over to her, sitting himself next to her, just close enough to share each other's warmth. He let his tail touch her flank, gently, tentatively. He wanted to comfort her, but was unsure how. He spoke on, "I can see how strong you are. Whatever your burden may be, you bear it as the clouds bear rain. But even the most powerful storms must break. After all, without that rain, we would have no ocean, " He looked into her eyes, "No river."

The tom paused, hoping that he had helped, even a little. He turned his gaze down stream, his mind's eye viewing the moonlight dancing on the ocean's waves. "I come from across the sea. We have no clan's there. But, when we have prayers that need answers, we cast stones into the water, hoping that our questions may reach our lost ones who have gone to swim forever." His tail mindlessly stroked her fur, "How does your clan work through their problems?"