Today 01:02 AM

Old February 20th, 2023, 04:08 AM
the stars told me–;

My Mood: Hungry
Default Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by canineantics View Post
CLOUDJUMPER

Not good enough... An all-too-familiar voice within his head whispered, even as his paw strike landed across Cloudedcry, Slow, sloppy, weak... You wouldn’t last one second in a real battle. The merciless taunts bouncing around within his skull enraged him. Cloudjumper loudly hissed with bared fangs, the fur along his spine puffing up as his short ears laid flat. His opponent backed away, nose scrunched up right before the older warrior rounded him swiftly, targeting Cloudjumper’s back legs. Much like his final assessment with Otterfluff, the young curly-pelted tomcat acted on sheer instinct. Leaning forward, he'd push all his weight to his front paws for a moment before quickly moving his back paws out with a spring-loaded kick that held all his strength within. A move such as this made him win his last spar, but would it be the same result here? This was a different location, different environment, and even a different opponent, so the answer to that was likely not. However, it was the best move he could think of in so little time, so Cloudjumper did what he had once done best and aimed a strong kick to Cloudedcry's head. Otterfluff had been impressed with this move, so certainly it was worth using.

– cloudedcry;
; he/him
--back-paws crashed into his skull, sending cloudedcry stumbling back; his head spun for a moment, though his newly unsheathed claws dug into the ground, keeping him firmly rooted in place. he looked up at the warrior with a wicked smirk, eyes gleaming. “that was good,” he smiled, tongue tracing his teeth as blood slowly trailed from his nose. ruffling out his pelt, he nodded.

“again. you're doing well; try to get my legs. get me off balance.”
almost as if he was demonstrating, he quickly re-sheathed his claws, darting forwards in an attempt to hit a weak spot on his leg. from what he knew, the particular spot near the thigh seemed to be the weakest. in turn, that was the one that he went for.

cloudjumper was doing well, cloudedcry thought. he just had to make sure he kept his head screwed on right.
– #9

HAWKKIT | CLOUDEDCRY | SHELLKIT | RIVERPAW | OWLBRANCH | SIREN

“ SHE MAKES ME GO WEAK IN THE KNEES ”

“ but i… can't let… her see… me swoon… ”
Old February 20th, 2023, 04:31 AM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post

– cloudedcry;
; he/him
--back-paws crashed into his skull, sending cloudedcry stumbling back; his head spun for a moment, though his newly unsheathed claws dug into the ground, keeping him firmly rooted in place. he looked up at the warrior with a wicked smirk, eyes gleaming. “that was good,” he smiled, tongue tracing his teeth as blood slowly trailed from his nose. ruffling out his pelt, he nodded.

“again. you're doing well; try to get my legs. get me off balance.”
almost as if he was demonstrating, he quickly re-sheathed his claws, darting forwards in an attempt to hit a weak spot on his leg. from what he knew, the particular spot near the thigh seemed to be the weakest. in turn, that was the one that he went for.

cloudjumper was doing well, cloudedcry thought. he just had to make sure he kept his head screwed on right.
– #9
CLOUDJUMPER

As he felt his back paws successfully connect with the older warrior's head, the young RiverClan tomcat would whirl around to face him, seeing the oriental staring at him with a smirk, eyes shining back at Cloudjumper. He grinned widely, eyeing the scarlet blood trickling from his opponent's nose. And Cloudedcry's simple praise made him feel amazing, like he could do anything and everything in that very moment. What an addicting feeling it was. Cloudjumper swept his tongue over his own muzzle, almost like he could reach out and taste the sheer passion for this fight. Oh, how he missed this. It was like he had been starving and was finally given a feast of delicious food after moons of nothing. Try to get my legs. Get me off balance. The words registered in his brain perfectly and firmly locked on that sole objective like he was some kind of machine. A mere second later, Cloudedcry was coming at him again, aiming for potential weak points on his body. Without hesitation, Cloudjumper sprang in another direction, away from his opponent and rolling through the dirt not-so-gracefully. Forcing himself up, he once again dashed towards the other warrior, this time lowering his head and attempting to knock into the oriental's long legs from whichever opening he could potentially find. He could hear his own heartbeat.
Old February 20th, 2023, 04:43 AM
the stars told me–;

My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by canineantics View Post
CLOUDJUMPER

As he felt his back paws successfully connect with the older warrior's head, the young RiverClan tomcat would whirl around to face him, seeing the oriental staring at him with a smirk, eyes shining back at Cloudjumper. He grinned widely, eyeing the scarlet blood trickling from his opponent's nose. And Cloudedcry's simple praise made him feel amazing, like he could do anything and everything in that very moment. What an addicting feeling it was. Cloudjumper swept his tongue over his own muzzle, almost like he could reach out and taste the sheer passion for this fight. Oh, how he missed this. It was like he had been starving and was finally given a feast of delicious food after moons of nothing. Try to get my legs. Get me off balance. The words registered in his brain perfectly and firmly locked on that sole objective like he was some kind of machine. A mere second later, Cloudedcry was coming at him again, aiming for potential weak points on his body. Without hesitation, Cloudjumper sprang in another direction, away from his opponent and rolling through the dirt not-so-gracefully. Forcing himself up, he once again dashed towards the other warrior, this time lowering his head and attempting to knock into the oriental's long legs from whichever opening he could potentially find. He could hear his own heartbeat.

– cloudedcry;
; he/him
--the satisfaction that wiped over cloudjumper's face was enough to make the older warrior brighten up. the tom bounded away at cloudedcry's attempt, though quickly turned and charged oncer more, striking his leg. being swept out from underneath him, the tom faltered, trying to right himself. “perfect.” he praised.

standing, he dipped his head, crown tilting to the side curiously. “do you fight often? you're good at it.” slowly, he'd begun to circle the dual-toned warrior once more, eyes flickering over his figure inquisitively. he certainly looked in shape, cloudedcry thought. he made quite the fine riverclanner. “we should spar together sometime once more.” his tone was warm, inviting, even, as if it was a mere thought, not a true request. it was up to the boy in front of him whether or not this was something he'd like to commit to regularly.

though… cloudedcry did hope he'd agree. this made for spectacular training, and with the sudden influx of clan members, that'd also mean that more apprentices would need mentors… perhaps he could report this back to pikestar; he was sure that their leader would be more than happy to hear of a newly-made warrior doing well.
– #10

HAWKKIT | CLOUDEDCRY | SHELLKIT | RIVERPAW | OWLBRANCH | SIREN

“ SHE MAKES ME GO WEAK IN THE KNEES ”

“ but i… can't let… her see… me swoon… ”
Old February 20th, 2023, 11:38 AM

My Mood: Amazed

"Sparrowpaw I think you're fighting skills are pretty good, what do you think?" Oakfern asked, looking at his brown-tabby apprentice.
Old February 20th, 2023, 11:46 AM

Sparrowpaw, a young, brown tabby she-cat with unique green eyes, sat down to scratch her ear with her hind paw. "I think I'm getting better!" she purred.
Old February 27th, 2023, 06:56 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspian View Post

He smiled awkwardly and prepared for the next move. He jumped at the swipe before dodging to Gingerfrost’s right

With Bouncepaw dodging to his right, Gingerfrost shifted direction to aim down his left paw towards the apprentice's back. Bouncepaw was doing well enough up until now, they'd be able to wrap up the lesson soon if it kept progressing like this.

Old February 27th, 2023, 08:12 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

With Bouncepaw dodging to his right, Gingerfrost shifted direction to aim down his left paw towards the apprentice's back. Bouncepaw was doing well enough up until now, they'd be able to wrap up the lesson soon if it kept progressing like this.

”Whoa!” he said, dodging the blow, this was weird. Really weird
Old February 27th, 2023, 08:15 PM
Still staring nervously

Quote:
”Whoa!” he said, dodging the blow, this was weird. Really weird

Gingerfrost gave a light nod and stepped back, taking note of the awkward dodge.
"In situations such as these you're better off dropping and rolling."
Lightly, he dropped and rolled himself as a brief example, before sitting back up and nodding towards Bouncepaw to try.

Old February 27th, 2023, 08:42 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Gingerfrost gave a light nod and stepped back, taking note of the awkward dodge.
"In situations such as these you're better off dropping and rolling."
Lightly, he dropped and rolled himself as a brief example, before sitting back up and nodding towards Bouncepaw to try.

He nodded. He dropped to the ground and rolled swiftly. He heaved himself up and. “Alrighty.” he said, wishing he’d have brought the only thing that comforted him
Old February 27th, 2023, 09:08 PM
Still staring nervously

Quote:
He nodded. He dropped to the ground and rolled swiftly. He heaved himself up and. “Alrighty.” he said, wishing he’d have brought the only thing that comforted him

Good, that was good. Gingerfrost gave a nod, a simple indicator of those thoughts. Now Bouncepaw just had to learnt to apply to moves in battle, though, that may be a lesson for another time. Casting his eyes up to the sky, it was steadily getting darker and the moon was fast rising.
"We better get back."
The young deputy huffed, getting and already starting the trek back before pausing a looking over his shoulder.
"..You did fine, today."
There, he said it. He was learning to be more verbal about his thoughts, specifically around cats that appeared more nervous.