Today 08:02 AM
Closed Thread

Old February 24th, 2017, 08:25 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

Lotusheart awaited his reply, his forest green hues were alight with a hint of anger and more so curiosity. She let out a small sigh as he did and turned her gaze away from him. At this point the silence was starting to mean he wouldn't defend himself and that he really wasn't the feline she thought he was. Finally he spoke. Her gaze turned back to meet his and she quietly listened. As he spoke it was obvious how her hues softened a bit more into sympathy rather than anger. She almost felt bad because he was explaining that he was feeling replaced. Lotusheart shuffled on her paws a little bit feeling uncomfortable as well now. "Nothing can replace and father-son relationship. Fogstep may not have always needed you, but it's apparent you needed him" she spoke softly. His last few words took her off guard, but could she really deny him the opportunity to be around his grandkids? "But if you really want to be and you try, then perhaps you can come by whenever. I'm sure they'd love to see you out in the clearing,"
The warrior watched as the queen's orbs softened at his story. His thick pelt prickled slightly, though not enough that it was noticeable. He wanted her to be okay with his visits to the nursery and spending some time with the kits, and he knew that the softening was a sign of her finally giving in and letting him do so - yet he felt pitied. The proud tom hated to receive pity. He did deserve it from the moons of pain he had been through, but he felt weak when other pitied him... if he was becoming mentally weaker with each tragedy.

But he forced his fur down as she began to speak. His yellow eyes looked guilty as she informed him that he would never be replaced, the father-son relation was unbreakable and he shouldn't have felt threatened just because Fogstep had become mates with Lotusheart. And even when they had kits, there was no replacing Stormblaze despite having more family. That he and Fogstep had a close relationship and he should have known better than to distance himself due to mouse-brained fears. And even when they had kits, there was no replacing Stormblaze despite having more family.

But Stormblaze had still feared not being needed. His whole life he had always had a small family, yet he was happy with that. When he was a kit, he had grew up with only his sister. When he joined Riverclan had basically only had Darkeye. It was just the two of them for moons, and when they finally had kits she had left him to go join Shadowclan, taking the kits with her. Stormblaze had then formed a bond with Brightcloud, and they quickly fell in love... but it was short lived. They soon had kits, and his mate along with two of their kits had died.

Meaning all he had left was Fogstep.

So when his son had gained a family of his own - having a mate and even kits - he had assumed that he was no longer needed. It had become natural to him for one to have a small family. He had lived his whole life going from small family to smaller family, so why wouldn't he expect Fogstep to stop wanting him in his life?

Lotusheart seemed to finally give in and was now allowing him to visit his grandchildren. Stormblaze watched her as she said that he was allowed to visit whenever he wished if he really did want to be in their lives. She then added that she was sure they would love to see him in the clearing. The warrior gave a small nod, but his orbs were filled with gratitude. "Okay," the large warrior got back to his paws. He gave one last look towards Lotusheart. "I'll visit again," he added before heading out of the nursery. He was sure that she was done with his presence. Despite their conversation, he did still feel a bit awkward around her nonetheless.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old February 24th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
The warrior watched as the queen's orbs softened at his story. His thick pelt prickled slightly, though not enough that it was noticeable. He wanted her to be okay with his visits to the nursery and spending some time with the kits, and he knew that the softening was a sign of her finally giving in and letting him do so - yet he felt pitied. The proud tom hated to receive pity. He did deserve it from the moons of pain he had been through, but he felt weak when other pitied him... if he was becoming mentally weaker with each tragedy.

But he forced his fur down as she began to speak. His yellow eyes looked guilty as she informed him that he would never be replaced, the father-son relation was unbreakable and he shouldn't have felt threatened just because Fogstep had become mates with Lotusheart. And even when they had kits, there was no replacing Stormblaze despite having more family. That he and Fogstep had a close relationship and he should have known better than to distance himself due to mouse-brained fears. And even when they had kits, there was no replacing Stormblaze despite having more family.

But Stormblaze had still feared not being needed. His whole life he had always had a small family, yet he was happy with that. When he was a kit, he had grew up with only his sister. When he joined Riverclan had basically only had Darkeye. It was just the two of them for moons, and when they finally had kits she had left him to go join Shadowclan, taking the kits with her. Stormblaze had then formed a bond with Brightcloud, and they quickly fell in love... but it was short lived. They soon had kits, and his mate along with two of their kits had died.

Meaning all he had left was Fogstep.

So when his son had gained a family of his own - having a mate and even kits - he had assumed that he was no longer needed. It had become natural to him for one to have a small family. He had lived his whole life going from small family to smaller family, so why wouldn't he expect Fogstep to stop wanting him in his life?

Lotusheart seemed to finally give in and was now allowing him to visit his grandchildren. Stormblaze watched her as she said that he was allowed to visit whenever he wished if he really did want to be in their lives. She then added that she was sure they would love to see him in the clearing. The warrior gave a small nod, but his orbs were filled with gratitude. "Okay," the large warrior got back to his paws. He gave one last look towards Lotusheart. "I'll visit again," he added before heading out of the nursery. He was sure that she was done with his presence. Despite their conversation, he did still feel a bit awkward around her nonetheless.
Lotusheart watched as Stormblaze nodding and enjoyed the gratitude that she could see in his hues. As the tom-cat turned to walk away, she hardly had time to say good-bye. It was so sudden. "Hopefully..." she replied quickly before the tip of his tail disappeared into the clearing. She wasn't sure if she liked Stormblaze or not, but she was too nice of a cat to not allow him to see his kin. Turning to look towards the kits again, she let out a small sigh.

[time skips so the kits can between about 2 moons]
@Moonfang @Lonestar23

Lotusheart had left the den momentarily to go retrieve a small Crappie from the fresh-kill pile. Today was going to introduce meat to the kits. Although as she squeezed her way into the nursery, she was stopped dead by the familiar black pelt that lingered close to the nest. The scent from the tom-cat reached her nose and she relaxed a little bit. It was only Jasperpelt. That scare was over now. The queen stepped into her nest, searching the nursery for her kits now. "Smokeykit, why don't you come towards me real quick. You can be the first to try what I have brought inside," she gave a small purr. She knew this kit had been blind since the day she was born, so introducing the fish to her would be a hassle to say the least. As Lotusheart settled into the nest, she took a bit from the Crappie to reveal the pink flesh it had to offer while she ate the bite filled with it's scales and skin.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old February 24th, 2017, 01:47 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:

Lotusheart watched as Stormblaze nodding and enjoyed the gratitude that she could see in his hues. As the tom-cat turned to walk away, she hardly had time to say good-bye. It was so sudden. "Hopefully..." she replied quickly before the tip of his tail disappeared into the clearing. She wasn't sure if she liked Stormblaze or not, but she was too nice of a cat to not allow him to see his kin. Turning to look towards the kits again, she let out a small sigh.

[time skips so the kits can between about 2 moons]
@Moonfang @Lonestar23

Lotusheart had left the den momentarily to go retrieve a small Crappie from the fresh-kill pile. Today was going to introduce meat to the kits. Although as she squeezed her way into the nursery, she was stopped dead by the familiar black pelt that lingered close to the nest. The scent from the tom-cat reached her nose and she relaxed a little bit. It was only Jasperpelt. That scare was over now. The queen stepped into her nest, searching the nursery for her kits now. "Smokeykit, why don't you come towards me real quick. You can be the first to try what I have brought inside," she gave a small purr. She knew this kit had been blind since the day she was born, so introducing the fish to her would be a hassle to say the least. As Lotusheart settled into the nest, she took a bit from the Crappie to reveal the pink flesh it had to offer while she ate the bite filled with it's scales and skin.
Smokeykit heard her mother call her over and so she stumbled over to her, but a lot less then usual, as she was getting better. "Yes Mommah?" she purred, and stood, her face looking in the distance. She smiled goofily, shuffling as they hyper kit felt ready to bounce about, until she sniffed and smelled a rather staring w and new scent. She the padded closer and sniffed down until her nose smacked straight into the fish. Startled slightly, she crinkled her nose and smacked it with her paw. "What's that?!" She meowed, giving a small but quite cute snarl.
Old February 24th, 2017, 07:46 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

The black furred tom smiled as a young kit bounded over to him, introduced herself as Smokeykit, and then began asking questions. "That's right. It's nice to meet you, Smokeykit...I'm just visiting." He mewed, with a smile in the young cat's direction. Nice to know there are still kits who can be bright and happy like her. I wonder if she realizes...he thought, his thoughts trailing off at the arrival of his friend. For a moment he tensed, not quite sure how she would react to seeing him so close to her kit, and then relaxed when he realized she wasn't worried. He hadn't expected her to be too nervous that he was talking to the younger cat, but then again...sometimes queens could be fairly unpredictable when it came to their young ones. She knows I wouldn't hurt her kits. He told himself confidently, with a flick of his tail. There was still that slight doubt at the back of his mind, though Jasperpelt tried to get it away. He grinned as she set the fish down, and Smokeykit- as he was now aware her name was- bounded over towards it, wrinkling her nose as she realized there was something new. He could remember trying meat for the first time too- at least he guessed that was Lotusheart's intention. She seemed to be trying to get Smokeykit to try it... Jasperpelt stayed back, cocking his head to the side slightly as he watched the older and younger cats. He didn't want to interfere in this- it was a big milestone for them, and Lotusheart should be the one explaining it to them. Not him.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; February 24th, 2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old February 25th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Just A Fossil

Lotusheart didn't mind that Jasperpelt was around, however when she was around her kits, she was more focused on them and therefore her personality alters a little. As she stood quietly and watched, she gave him a friendly smile before looking towards Smokeykit again as she snarled at the fish. "Take a bite of it," she replied, pressing her paws on the fish to cover up the parts with the scales so Smokeykit could easily find the flesh that she'd opened up for her. "It won't hurt you, it's just a fish," she gave a small chuckle of amusement. As Lotusheart awaited her daughter to take a bite she couldn't help but try to remember her first fish. Although that was too long ago and she didn't know if what she was remembering was actually a memory or something that she was merely picturing in her head. Although she did wonder if Jasperpelt remembered his first fish. She wasn't going to ask though, as she didn't want Smokeykit to get absorbed in talking like the kits normally did. Speaking of her kits as a whole, she gave the nursery a quick glance around, wondering where they had scampered off to. They were bursting with energy these days, but that made the queen a nervous wreck some days when she did lose track of them.

@Moonfang @Lonestar23

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old February 26th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Property of Dean W

My Mood: In Love

@Duskflight

Blossomkit paced around the nursery, looking for something to do. Breathing in and out with each tiny pawstep, she just wanted something to do. She saw her mother talking, but it was probably about warrior stuff. then she saw Smokeykit with her mother, but after she accidentally made fun of her, she didn't want to talk to her again. The Havana Brown turned her gaze back to the ground, which was very boring. She kneaded her paws in the ground, waiting for something fun to do. At that moment, an idea popped into her head. Mossball! But who would she play it with? She didn't want to make new friends, and would rather play with her siblings.She didn't wnt to bother Smokeykit, so that was out of the question. Lochkit was no where to be seen, so Quailkit was the one who was left. "QUAILKIT!" She yowled, wanting to get thir attention. She hoped that they were in the mood to play.

Barry: "Hey, uh, I need your help."
Julian: "Those are the four words I most often hear you say, Barry. Those or, 'I hate you.'"~The Flash

~My profile is dedicated to The Flash~

Last edited by FlashFanatic; February 26th, 2017 at 08:02 AM.
Old February 26th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDerpyShoelace View Post
@Duskflight

Blossomkit paced around the nursery, looking for something to do. Breathing in and out with each tiny pawstep, she just wanted something to do. She saw her mother talking, but it was probably about warrior stuff. then she saw Smokeykit with her mother, but after she accidentally made fun of her, she didn't want to talk to her again. The Havana Brown turned her gaze back to the ground, which was very boring. She kneaded her paws in the ground, waiting for something fun to do. At that moment, an idea popped into her head. Mossball! But who would she play it with? She didn't want to make new friends, and would rather play with her siblings.She didn't wnt to bother Smokeykit, so that was out of the question. Lochkit was no where to be seen, so Quailkit was the one who was left. "QUAILKIT!" She yowled, wanting to get thir attention. She hoped that they were in the mood to play.
Quailkit was in the far left part of the nursery, quietly grooming their fur with careful, precise licks, their ears perked up just in case some other kit or perhaps even their mother called their name, however the kit's eyes were focused on the ground as if in thought. Over the past moon of their life, the brown and white furred kit had made steady work of getting the art of walking down and had actively been talking to other kits, learning names and trying to befriend others too because that's what they believed to be the right thing. Quailkit thoroughly enjoyed being able to talk to others as well as helping others and providing advice if that was needed, but when they had time alone, they liked to recollect on things, refresh in their mind their manners, what was right and what was wrong, and careful little details of others, like things to bring up and things not to bring up in conversation with certain cats, for over the past moon or so, they have learned that some subjects offend others or are rather touchy.
Nonetheless in the middle of their recollection, they heard the familiar voice of their sister, or at least one of their sisters, calling their name, causing the kit to blink out of thought and lift their head, ears perked in the direction of Blossomkit. Seeing it was her, they started to purr and immediately smiled, sitting up as she yelled for them.
"Hello Blossomkit! Is there something you need?" They ask curiously, their head tilting slightly and subconsciously looking over her for any sign of injury.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old March 1st, 2017, 02:34 AM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Lotusheart didn't mind that Jasperpelt was around, however when she was around her kits, she was more focused on them and therefore her personality alters a little. As she stood quietly and watched, she gave him a friendly smile before looking towards Smokeykit again as she snarled at the fish. "Take a bite of it," she replied, pressing her paws on the fish to cover up the parts with the scales so Smokeykit could easily find the flesh that she'd opened up for her. "It won't hurt you, it's just a fish," she gave a small chuckle of amusement. As Lotusheart awaited her daughter to take a bite she couldn't help but try to remember her first fish. Although that was too long ago and she didn't know if what she was remembering was actually a memory or something that she was merely picturing in her head. Although she did wonder if Jasperpelt remembered his first fish. She wasn't going to ask though, as she didn't want Smokeykit to get absorbed in talking like the kits normally did. Speaking of her kits as a whole, she gave the nursery a quick glance around, wondering where they had scampered off to. They were bursting with energy these days, but that made the queen a nervous wreck some days when she did lose track of them.

@Moonfang @Lonestar23
Smokeykit looked at it oddly and slowly bent town, feeling her mothers fur that guided her to the flesh. she sniffed it and took a small bite and chewed. The taste was cold and, ell, fishy. Though it had a clean taste. She kinda liked it! She swallowed her small mouth fill and took another bite, this time much bigger than before. She was loving this! The fish tasted amazing and she wondered how this was better than what she was used to, milk of course. She took a few more bites and then swallowed and purred. "This stuff is good!" she meowed, but it wasn't long until her hyperness kicked in and she pawed the fish. "Does it move?" she asked, and caught her claws in a scaly part of the head and she rolled on her back, 'attacking' the enemy fish! She nibbled the head until she pulled off some scales which then she jerked up and sputtered. "Ew! Gross!" she meowed, shaking her head furiously in disgust.
Old March 1st, 2017, 12:34 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Jasperpelt watched the young kit in amusement, the tip of his tail twitching back and forth as he did so. He wasn't used to seeing kits trying meat for the first time, and he wondered if Lotusheart had ever seen a kit acting like this before. Probably. It's been a while since I've been in here, he mewed, looking down at the young cat. She was a lot bigger- he imagined all the kits were, since he had only met them once. He glanced at his friend, hues sparkling with amusement as he did so. Is she always this hyper? he thought, glancing at the younger cat again. True, kits did have a tendency to be more hyper and energetic...and if he remembered correctly, this was around the age where they became the most bouncy. He glanced at his friend once more, then down at the kit again, head cocked to the side as he watched her. Trying to stifle a laugh as she half-choked on the scales- he imagined it would be fine, if there had been any real danger of her actually choking, he would of course have jumped in to help- Jasperpelt turned his head to the side, clearing his throat to cover up the laugh that he could feel building up in his throat.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; March 1st, 2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 02:23 PM
Just A Fossil

Lotusheart purred at first as the kit seemed to take a liking to the fish. That's a good sign, she hoped that the other kits would take as easily to their catch as Smokeykit had. Although her purring turned towards a chuckle as Smokeykit reacted negatively towards the scales. "You'll get used to it!" she assured, not hiding the amusement in her voice. "Now, that's all you need for now or you'll give yourself a stomach ache," she spoke, lifting her paw and nudging Smokeykit towards Jasperpelt, her green hues were brimming with mischief as she looked towards the tom-cat. "He told me he doesn't think you could knock him over," she spoke, crouching down to speak quietly into her daughters ears. Her tail tip was twitching and her gaze never left Jasperpelt. This was the playful side to Lotusheart. The side that she loved bringing out in front of her kits cause it got them playful. She told Smokeykit this white lie because she wanted to distract her while her siblings tried a little bit of the fish. As much as Lotusheart wanted Smokeykit to eat the whole fish, she knew the kit still needed a little milk and would simply get a stomach ache if she continued to eat.

[I didn't want this to be huge RP where everyone had to wait to reply, so Lone and Moon if you two wanna RP real quick, I'm gonna have Lotus call her other kits to try the fish]
Assuming she got Smokeykit to believe her white lie and become playful, Lotusheart gave her friend a little wink, her tail waving behind her and she lifted herself up to her paws and turned to see her other kits playing mossball nearby. "Lochkit! Quailkit! Blossomkit!" she called for the other three. Lotusheart quickly flipped the fish over and took another bite to clear the scales for the other three to try the meat. Swallowing, she waited, her hues were bright. She liked this. She really enjoyed watching Smokeykit try the fish for her first time and she couldn't wait to see the other three.

@Lonestar23 @Duskflight @Hexict @TehDerpyShoelace @Moonfang

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Closed Thread