DOWN THE RABBITHOLE/mate...
Last post by Tallstar
Today 02:51 PM
Closed Thread

Old March 16th, 2017, 01:15 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

A dark furred tom padded into the nursery. For a moment, he considered looking for his best friend; but that wasn't why he was here now. Truth be told, he was looking for her daughter-- Smokeykit. The young kit had said a few things that had bothered him the previous day, and he was looking for answers... particuarly answers on what she had meant. What had she meant when she had said her Mom liked him? Did she mean like as in...love? He doubted it. Lotusheart's mate had died, she wouldn't be moving on that quickly. And besides that, he would feel horrible if he had to explain that he didn't share those feelings. The tom swallowed, glancing around for the younger cat. "Smokeykit?" He spoke in a low voice, so he wouldn't disturb any of the other cats around them. Though Jasperpelt was normally uncomfortable around kits, he found Smokeykit-- and Quailkit-- to both be quite friendly and fun to hang around.
(short x.x)

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; March 16th, 2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old March 16th, 2017, 01:25 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

A dark furred tom padded into the nursery. For a moment, he considered looking for his best friend; but that wasn't why he was here now. Truth be told, he was looking for her daughter-- Smokeykit. The young kit had said a few things that had bothered him the previous day, and he was looking for answers... particuarly answers on what she had meant. What had she meant when she had said her Mom liked him? Did she mean like as in...love? He doubted it. Lotusheart's mate had died, she wouldn't be moving on that quickly. And besides that, he would feel horrible if he had to explain that he didn't share those feelings. The tom swallowed, glancing around for the younger cat. "Smokeykit?" He spoke in a low voice, so he wouldn't disturb any of the other cats around them. Though Jasperpelt was normally uncomfortable around kits, he found Smokeykit-- and Quailkit-- to both be quite friendly and fun to hang around.
(short x.x)
{it's fine mine will be too}
Smokeykit's head shot up at the sound of her name. She knew the voice well, but he said it quickly, then stopped talking, so her head turned vigorously in searching for him. "Yes, Jasperpelt?" she called, a smile on her face. She was laying on Quailkit, having tried to get them to play shortly before Jasperpelt arrived. She jumped up, but when face first and tumbled into another nest, right at his feet. "Where are ya, weirdo?!" she called with a giggle, her ears perked and swiveling.
Old March 16th, 2017, 02:48 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by mony View Post
{it's fine mine will be too}

Smokeykit's head shot up at the sound of her name. She knew the voice well, but he said it quickly, then stopped talking, so her head turned vigorously in searching for him. "Yes, Jasperpelt?" she called, a smile on her face. She was laying on Quailkit, having tried to get them to play shortly before Jasperpelt arrived. She jumped up, but when face first and tumbled into another nest, right at his feet. "Where are ya, weirdo?!" she called with a giggle, her ears perked and swiveling.
The tom glanced around for the younger cat, his yellow hues looking somewhat anxious. He was a little worried; not only because he was in the nursery, not being a queen, father, or kit; and secondly, what if someone asked him what he was doing with her kits? What was he supposed to say-- just playing with them? What would the other cats think? Jasperpelt shifted his weight, before hearing his own name followed by something soft tumbling into his paws. Partly horrified, partly amused, Jasperpelt backed up a couple pawsteps to see the young kit before him. "Right here. Smokeykit-- why did you say you thought your Mom, uh...liked me?" He asked, cocking his head to the side as he looked down at the younger cat. Normally he didn't get right to the point, but this was important... he had to know if this was something that was backed up with facts, or if it was just an innocent kit's remark. The tom wasn't sure which it was, but he was beginning to grow worried...what if it were true? What was he supposed to do now?

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 16th, 2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
The tom glanced around for the younger cat, his yellow hues looking somewhat anxious. He was a little worried; not only because he was in the nursery, not being a queen, father, or kit; and secondly, what if someone asked him what he was doing with her kits? What was he supposed to say-- just playing with them? What would the other cats think? Jasperpelt shifted his weight, before hearing his own name followed by something soft tumbling into his paws. Partly horrified, partly amused, Jasperpelt backed up a couple pawsteps to see the young kit before him. "Right here. Smokeykit-- why did you say you thought your Mom, uh...liked me?" He asked, cocking his head to the side as he looked down at the younger cat. Normally he didn't get right to the point, but this was important... he had to know if this was something that was backed up with facts, or if it was just an innocent kit's remark. The tom wasn't sure which it was, but he was beginning to grow worried...what if it were true? What was he supposed to do now?
"She likes you! What more do I have to say? You are her best friend right? Well don't best friends become closer than that?" she asked, shifting her gaze to him, now able to catch his voice. She tilted her head, curiousity filling her eyes. "Why do you ask? Do you wanna know her favorite places so you can take her there?" she asked with a kitten giggle. She stood up, and looked at him. She wouldn't say it, but she predicted a relationship will grow between them. Smokeykit was good at those kind of things.
Old March 17th, 2017, 12:51 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

"She likes you! What more do I have to say? You are her best friend right? Well don't best friends become closer than that?" she asked, shifting her gaze to him, now able to catch his voice. She tilted her head, curiousity filling her eyes. "Why do you ask? Do you wanna know her favorite places so you can take her there?" she asked with a kitten giggle. She stood up, and looked at him. She wouldn't say it, but she predicted a relationship will grow between them. Smokeykit was good at those kind of things.
The tom shifted his weight, looking more nervous then he had felt in a long time. "W-well yeah, but...but not always. I mean, surely you have a best friend, don't you? Are you guys going to become closer then that?" He asked. So it was just a matter of opinion, and not a true fact that had actually come from her Mother. That he could live with. The tip of his tail began to twitch... aggressively, violently even. He was not happy. Or maybe he was-- at the moment, the only thing he could feel was major confusion. "Oh n-no, I was just....just wondering. I like your Mom a lot, and I care about her but...not in that way, and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a-a proven fact yet." He swallowed a little again, shifting his weight and looking down at his paws. Smokeykit made him nervous when she said things like that, because part of him wondered if it might be true. But the he pushed the thoughts aside, knowing that they couldn't be true-- they weren't true-- they just couldn't be, and that was all there was to it.

Old March 17th, 2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
The tom shifted his weight, looking more nervous then he had felt in a long time. "W-well yeah, but...but not always. I mean, surely you have a best friend, don't you? Are you guys going to become closer then that?" He asked. So it was just a matter of opinion, and not a true fact that had actually come from her Mother. That he could live with. The tip of his tail began to twitch... aggressively, violently even. He was not happy. Or maybe he was-- at the moment, the only thing he could feel was major confusion. "Oh n-no, I was just....just wondering. I like your Mom a lot, and I care about her but...not in that way, and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a-a proven fact yet." He swallowed a little again, shifting his weight and looking down at his paws. Smokeykit made him nervous when she said things like that, because part of him wondered if it might be true. But the he pushed the thoughts aside, knowing that they couldn't be true-- they weren't true-- they just couldn't be, and that was all there was to it.
{hey jasper should be smokey's future mentor xD}

"It is! She likes you I can tell by the way she talks to you and by the way you talk to her, you like her back!" she meowed. "I can hear it in your voices. It's so obvious." she meowed, and giggled. The kitten liked Jasperpelt. He was kind, and he was helpful to Lotusheart. She honestly believed that he would make a good friend for her mother, even more.

{wow sorry this short ;;}

Last edited by monfang; March 17th, 2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old March 17th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
At Lotusheart's lick to their head, Quailkit seemed to brighten up considerably, even if they were fairly happy before, their still blue eyes {Though they will be yellow} seeming to fill up with a joy they always seemed to get when the kit was around family or other friendly cats, a smile of great proportions bringing that look of happiness to their face.
"A fish?" They pondered curiously, turning their attention to the bluegill before them, the kit's head tilting once more as they applied the label to the object in front of them, appearing rather tentative as it was pushed more towards them by their mother's muzzle.
"What a funny name, I hope it doesn't taste as funny as it sounds. And... And really? I get to catch this? When I'm bigger?" A look of surprise and exasperation starts to mingle with that happy look, their eyes widening as they tried imagining being big enough to land such a creature.
I wonder if they're hard to catch?
The more the kit thought about it, the more excited they became, smile turning into a wide grin as their head turned up to look at the queen, eyes practically sparkling at this point.
"I bet in just another moon I could do it! I mean, you have to show me how, but I'm sure I could do it, I'll make you proud and then.. And then I'll share it with all of you!" Now they were purring and looking back at the fish, suddenly not so tentative to take a bite.
With Lotusheart's eyes carefully watching them, the brown tabby and white kit leaned their head forward to give the piece of prey a more in-depth sniff before going to nibble at a more soft spot, careful to take small bites, still a bit nervous that they might not like the taste. Ears perking up as the new taste filled their mouth, they chewed awkwardly, since it was the first time that they've.. Actually chewed. First meal that wasn't liquid. And they absolutely loved it, a purr exploding in their chest as they eagerly went for another, slightly bigger bite before scooting back, knowing that their siblings needed to try too. Taking a long minute to chew down the other piece, they would look up at Lotusheart with wide eyes.
"Mom, that.. That was really good! Will I really be catching those when I'm older?" Quailkit asked with wide, excited eyes.
[well no one else is responding to this so it's a QuailXLotus RP xD]
Lotusheart chuckled a little bit. "You'll learn how to catch fish when you learn how to swim first," she spoke. This wouldn't be for another couple of moons. "Your mentor will teach you everything you'll need to know, but I'll be around for anything you need help with," the queen gave the kitten a warm smile. "You'll be a great warrior with an attitude like that, my dear," she purred lightly.
Now that Quailkit was taking a bite of the prey, Lotusheart watched carefully as they chewed, clearly savoring the flavor. She only hoped the kitten would like it. There really wasn't much else in Riverclan for a cat who doesn't like fish. A moment later, Quailkit's exasperation about how they loved it made her happy. Her emerald hues sparkled with delight. "Well eat until you're full, if you're hungry, soon this will be one of the few things you'll be eating. It'll make you big and strong and it'll make your pelt sleek and waterproof," she spoke happily. "But, yes, you'll be catching these all the time when you're bigger," Lotusheart concluded, clearly delighted at her kit's pleasure.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old March 18th, 2017, 06:30 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
{hey jasper should be smokey's future mentor xD}

"It is! She likes you I can tell by the way she talks to you and by the way you talk to her, you like her back!" she meowed. "I can hear it in your voices. It's so obvious." she meowed, and giggled. The kitten liked Jasperpelt. He was kind, and he was helpful to Lotusheart. She honestly believed that he would make a good friend for her mother, even more.

{wow sorry this short ;;}
{Ahh he has a future apprentice x.x
otherwise I would totally say YESSS}

The tom averted his hues from the kit, looking at the wall of the nursery and shifting his weight uncomfortably. If what she were saying was true, and if Lotusheart really did like him-- what was he supposed to do? He wasn't going to confront her with this yet, oh no...that would end in disaster for them both. He could feel it. But he could at least be friendly, and hopefully Smokeykit wasn't sure what she was talking about. Maybe she had just heard talk around the nursery or something-- queens loved to gossip, though his best friend didn't seem to.

"Listen, Smokeykit-- don't mention this to anyone else, okay? And don't get your hopes up. Or let your imagination run wild. Your Mom's been through a lot, I don't think she would like another cat just like that. Okay?" He mewed. He didn't know quite how to explain it to the kit, or if she would understand. The concept of love-- not like family love-- was difficult to talk about to a younger cat, but Jasperpelt was able to easily speak to the kit. Perhaps it was because she just seemed so at ease-- or maybe it was because he had taken a shine to her. Whatever the reason, the tom had a feeling she would respect his wishes, and he would be able to tell her if things were to get...like that between them.

Last edited by lone; March 18th, 2017 at 06:30 PM.
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
{Ahh he has a future apprentice x.x
otherwise I would totally say YESSS}

The tom averted his hues from the kit, looking at the wall of the nursery and shifting his weight uncomfortably. If what she were saying was true, and if Lotusheart really did like him-- what was he supposed to do? He wasn't going to confront her with this yet, oh no...that would end in disaster for them both. He could feel it. But he could at least be friendly, and hopefully Smokeykit wasn't sure what she was talking about. Maybe she had just heard talk around the nursery or something-- queens loved to gossip, though his best friend didn't seem to.

"Listen, Smokeykit-- don't mention this to anyone else, okay? And don't get your hopes up. Or let your imagination run wild. Your Mom's been through a lot, I don't think she would like another cat just like that. Okay?" He mewed. He didn't know quite how to explain it to the kit, or if she would understand. The concept of love-- not like family love-- was difficult to talk about to a younger cat, but Jasperpelt was able to easily speak to the kit. Perhaps it was because she just seemed so at ease-- or maybe it was because he had taken a shine to her. Whatever the reason, the tom had a feeling she would respect his wishes, and he would be able to tell her if things were to get...like that between them.
Smokeykit tilted her head, noting the unsureness in his voice, but smiled yet again, nodding. "Yeah, surrre." she replied, and smiled softly. "Now do you need anything else, or just a lovely chat?" she purred.
Old March 18th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

[well no one else is responding to this so it's a QuailXLotus RP xD]
Lotusheart chuckled a little bit. "You'll learn how to catch fish when you learn how to swim first," she spoke. This wouldn't be for another couple of moons. "Your mentor will teach you everything you'll need to know, but I'll be around for anything you need help with," the queen gave the kitten a warm smile. "You'll be a great warrior with an attitude like that, my dear," she purred lightly.
Now that Quailkit was taking a bite of the prey, Lotusheart watched carefully as they chewed, clearly savoring the flavor. She only hoped the kitten would like it. There really wasn't much else in Riverclan for a cat who doesn't like fish. A moment later, Quailkit's exasperation about how they loved it made her happy. Her emerald hues sparkled with delight. "Well eat until you're full, if you're hungry, soon this will be one of the few things you'll be eating. It'll make you big and strong and it'll make your pelt sleek and waterproof," she spoke happily. "But, yes, you'll be catching these all the time when you're bigger," Lotusheart concluded, clearly delighted at her kit's pleasure.
In a rather comical way, a way in which Quailkit often tried to use to get the other cat to laugh, a smile placed on their muzzle, they listened to Lotusheart with those bright eyes of theirs. "Swim? Isn't that where you splash around in the water? Or no, no, that's when you.. That's when you glide through the water, right mom?"
Their head tilted the other way in the same comical fashion, a light-hearted giggle escaping their mouth, something that they wanted to hear come from their mother. Quailkit desperately wanted Lotusheart to be happy, they never wanted to see her sad again, not since their father died, they wanted all of the pain and sadness to be gone and wanted nothing more than for Lotusheart to smile for the rest of her life. The kit desperately cared for their mother, their heart ached at the slightest notion that she was upset, it was something that they never wanted to see again, never. So they always tried to make her laugh, make her smile, make her happy. Because in turn, Quailkit felt happy. The happiness of other cats filled the brown and white kit's happiness. "So I can be taught by my mentor and you? That sounds fun!"
With that, they had taken their bite of fish and very clearly loved it and seemed to be just as delighted to hear they they could eat as much as they wanted. "Wow! If it can do all of those things.. Why didn't we start eating this sooner?" The kit asked excitedly, grinning all the while before leaning down to take another eager bite, seeming to purr at Lotusheart's conclusion to show that they heard and acknowledged it, also pleased to hear that they would be catching these same exact fish when they were older and bigger.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Closed Thread