Last post by Dolomedes
Today 09:07 PM

Old June 11th, 2018, 08:50 PM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
The shecat kept her balance as the old tom kept count. Without him even instructing her, she intuitively picked up on ways to improve her balance. He saw he bend at her joints when she began to grow tired and stretch out her tail to let it wave and compensate for the subtle weight shifts. Shinefang smiled warmly as he watched the look on her face, growing more confident as he counted out loud. The old tom had always enjoyed this part of mentoring, watching the moment when a young cat started to really understand a lesson, the moment they got it. Ringpaw wasn't his apprentice, or course. Just a young, spirited cat who happened to get stuck with a mentor who didn't understand that to train a warrior, a mentor had to move at the apprentices pace.

"Ten robin feathers! Rest!"

His order given, Shinefang brandished a grin. "Very good," he meowed coolly. You kept your balance well. Next time, try keeping your legs slightly bent the whole time. If you keep your body low, you'll balance more easily. Good job using your tail. Again," he said, raining his paw. "This time to fifteen. One robin feather. Two robin feathers. Three robin feathers."
Ringpaw slumped forward, sitting on her haunches to rest her paw. She stretched it out, flexing the meager muscles she had. Her fur ruffled a bit more when she bent her leg, but even as it was a bit weak she smiled at it.
“Thanks!” She meowed happily at Shinefang’s compliment. She was receiving more kind words in two tail flicks than she had received in her life leading up to now. He had even smiled.
For once, it felt good to just be still. Normally she bounced back and forth, more relentless than the tide, but here she felt like she could sit and think forever. She kind of liked it.
Until he gave her the next direction.
“Wha? But I jus-“ She caught herself, stopping midcomplaint. Shinefang had already agreed to help her, he didn’t agree to help a whining kit.
Scrambling to her paws, mint eyes focused once more, she got into position so that she wouldn’t have to correct herself.

Four robin feathers, five robin feathers, six robin feathers, seven robin feathers...

His voice rang in her head, but the thumping of his fluffy paw pads were a lot quieter and duller than before.
Paws grounded, lift up left, steady back, stretch out tail, relax shoulders, tense front paws.
Those were the steps she had come up with in her mind, and she was glad she remembered them. It was like a recipe, or her daily schedule. Follow the directions, and it gets easier as you continue.

Eight robin feathers, nine robin feathers, ten robin feathers, eleven robin feathers...

This time, she needed to experiment. In battle, she wouldn’t be able to stare at her paws. An enemy could swat out her legs, or scratch her eye, anything!
Now that she thought about it, being a warrior seemed a lot more... sad than she had thought. Living life every day, to do what? Kill others. Either prey or feline, it was still taking a life.
And besides, even holding up one paw was hard!
Now, time to experiment.
Lifting her gaze up, this time she locked eyes with Shinefang, her hues wide. Not in fear, but in focus, but a more mellow and trance-like focus than the brute and harsh determination some possessed.
She fought down the goofy smile.
It kept on returning, and she didn’t like scowling either.
It was already hard enough not to giggle!

Twelve robin feathers, thirteen robin feathers, fourteen robin feathers...

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Last edited by pomegranate; June 17th, 2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old June 11th, 2018, 09:39 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fishie View Post

Ringpaw slumped forward, sitting on her haunches to rest her paw. She stretched it out, flexing the meager muscles she had. Her fur ruffled a bit more when she bent her leg, but even as it was a bit weak she smiled at it.
“Thanks!” She meowed happily at Shinefang’s compliment. She was receiving more kind words in two tail flicks than she had received in her life leading up to now. He had even smiled.
For once, it felt good to just be still. Normally she bouncing back and forth, more relentless than the tide, but here she felt like she could sit and think forever. She kind of liked it.
Until he gave her the next direction.
“Wha? But I jus-“ She caught herself, stopping midcomplaint. Shinefang had already agreed to help her, he didn’t agree to help a whining kit.
Scrambling to her paws, mint eyes focused once more, she got into position so that she wouldn’t have to correct herself.

Four robin feathers, five robin feathers, six robin feathers, seven robin feathers...

His voice rang in her head, but the thumping of his fluffy paw pads were a lot quieter and duller than before.
Paws grounded, lift up left, steady back, stretch out tail, relax shoulders, tense front paws.
Those were the steps she had come up with in her mind, and she was glad she remembered them. It was like a recipe, or her daily schedule. Follow the directions, and it gets easier as you continue.

Eight robin feathers, nine robin feathers, ten robin feathers, eleven robin feathers...

This time, she needed to experiment. In battle, she wouldn’t be able to stare at her paws. An enemy could swat out her legs, or scratch her eye, anything!
Now that she thought about it, being a warrior seemed a lot more... sad than she had thought. Living life every day, to do what? Kill others. Either prey or feline, it was still taking a life.
And besides, even holding up one paw was hard!
Now, time to experiment.
Lifting her gaze up, this time she locked eyes with Shinefang, her hues wide. Not in fear, but in focus, but a more mellow and trance-like focus than the brute and harsh determination some possessed.
She fought down the goofy smile.
It kept on returning, and she didn’t like scowling either.
It was already hard enough not to giggle!

Twelve robin feathers, thirteen robin feathers, fourteen robin feathers...
Shinefang didn't listen stop to listen to her complaint before his count began. He might have been encouraging in his mentoring days but each and every one of his former apprentices could attest that he was not a cuddly mentor. He believes his apprentices were capable of great things and he demanded the hard work from them that would bring it out. It seemed easier for her this time. She was starting to figure out how to manage her muscles and how every little motion could help balance and unbalance her. His grin turned up again as he counted, this time with a certain cockiness. He was right as usual. He made a mental note to himself that at the first opportunity he'd have to give this Snowbark character a lesson in... well lessons he supposed. His thoughts were interrupted when the younger cat looked up, her eyes meeting the gaze of his only eye. There was an intensity to her focus that caught him off guard. This was no slacker, this apprentice was eager to learn. Any mentor would be lucky to have her as an apprentice. Yeah, I'm cuff the Snowbreath silly.

"Fifteen robin feathers! Stop! Rest."

The old tom gave a solemn nod. "Well done." Ringpaw was clearly starting to get a little tired. Though standing on one less paw didn't seem difficult, it took a surprising amount of concentration and strength. That was the idea. He wouldn't even bother with teaching her to strike today. "Balance is the key," he said gruffly. "You can be the biggest warrior, have the longest claws and the sharpest teeth and none of that will matter if you can't keep your balance.Likewise, you can be outmatched in every possible way in a battle, but if you can keep your footing, you still have a chance."

Old June 11th, 2018, 09:51 PM
boo

Quote:
Shinefang didn't listen stop to listen to her complaint before his count began. He might have been encouraging in his mentoring days but each and every one of his former apprentices could attest that he was not a cuddly mentor. He believes his apprentices were capable of great things and he demanded the hard work from them that would bring it out. It seemed easier for her this time. She was starting to figure out how to manage her muscles and how every little motion could help balance and unbalance her. His grin turned up again as he counted, this time with a certain cockiness. He was right as usual. He made a mental note to himself that at the first opportunity he'd have to give this Snowbark character a lesson in... well lessons he supposed. His thoughts were interrupted when the younger cat looked up, her eyes meeting the gaze of his only eye. There was an intensity to her focus that caught him off guard. This was no slacker, this apprentice was eager to learn. Any mentor would be lucky to have her as an apprentice. Yeah, I'm cuff the Snowbreath silly.

"Fifteen robin feathers! Stop! Rest."

The old tom gave a solemn nod. "Well done." Ringpaw was clearly starting to get a little tired. Though standing on one less paw didn't seem difficult, it took a surprising amount of concentration and strength. That was the idea. He wouldn't even bother with teaching her to strike today. "Balance is the key," he said gruffly. "You can be the biggest warrior, have the longest claws and the sharpest teeth and none of that will matter if you can't keep your balance.Likewise, you can be outmatched in every possible way in a battle, but if you can keep your footing, you still have a chance."
Ringpaw let out a huff as she finished. She placed one paw down on the stone once more, happy to have finished. Her eyes flickered back from Shinefang, and to her paws once more.
She was relieved to know that she could rest her paw now. If she thought about it, she shouldn’t have struggled so much with this. Shinefang just explained it well.
Snowbark Snapbranch could use some pointers.
For a second, she debated lecturing her mentor on how to teach her right, but she thought better of it. He would cuff her over the ears, first scowl and yell at her, then laugh with his friends about what a dumb apprentice he had.
“Do you think that I might be better now? At fighting? If balance is the foundation to a good attack, what is least important?” She asked, her orbs flickering back up to the yellow tom.
She lifted her paw that she had been standing on and licked it’s elbow gently with an even lap of her tongue, the tan fur there turning slick as she finished. She wound up gnawing on her claw, trying to rid a dead layer from her nail. When she finished, she licked her chops and stretched her back, her tail shaking as she finished. She felt more mellow, strangely.
All she could hear was:
One robin feather, two robin feather...

It repeated in her head, over and over again. It would be stuck in her ears all day after this. She couldn’t wait to busy herself with more herb shredding or sleeping or eating or fighting or something to get it out.
The wind certainly helped, the breeze in her fluffy ear fur vibrating her membrane and making her brain filled with sounds.
“Just wait until Snapbranch sees me now! I bet he’ll be impressed.” She meowed, puffing out her chest in pride. Next time she was forced to balance on a fallen tree, rotting and teetering in the air, she would stay up there with three paws in the air, maybe even balancing on her tail, for hours on end.
Eat that, Snapbranch!

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Last edited by pomegranate; June 11th, 2018 at 09:51 PM.
Old June 12th, 2018, 08:27 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Ringpaw let out a huff as she finished. She placed one paw down on the stone once more, happy to have finished. Her eyes flickered back from Shinefang, and to her paws once more.
She was relieved to know that she could rest her paw now. If she thought about it, she shouldn’t have struggled so much with this. Shinefang just explained it well.
Snowbark Snapbranch could use some pointers.
For a second, she debated lecturing her mentor on how to teach her right, but she thought better of it. He would cuff her over the ears, first scowl and yell at her, then laugh with his friends about what a dumb apprentice he had.
“Do you think that I might be better now? At fighting? If balance is the foundation to a good attack, what is least important?” She asked, her orbs flickering back up to the yellow tom.
She lifted her paw that she had been standing on and licked it’s elbow gently with an even lap of her tongue, the tan fur there turning slick as she finished. She wound up gnawing on her claw, trying to rid a dead layer from her nail. When she finished, she licked her chops and stretched her back, her tail shaking as she finished. She felt more mellow, strangely.
All she could hear was:
One robin feather, two robin feather...

It repeated in her head, over and over again. It would be stuck in her ears all day after this. She couldn’t wait to busy herself with more herb shredding or sleeping or eating or fighting or something to get it out.
The wind certainly helped, the breeze in her fluffy ear fur vibrating her membrane and making her brain filled with sounds.
“Just wait until Snapbranch sees me now! I bet he’ll be impressed.” She meowed, puffing out her chest in pride. Next time she was forced to balance on a fallen tree, rotting and teetering in the air, she would stay up there with three paws in the air, maybe even balancing on her tail, for hours on end.
Eat that, Snapbranch!
"You'll grow to be better at balance if you keep this up," Shinefang replied, "which will help with fighting if that's what you mean. Milk before freshkill." Shinefang was silent for a moment, considering her question. "Power," he said assuredly. "If every fight was decided by who was the biggest and strongest, Riverclan would win every battle. But the fact is that wit and speed can win a battle and neither of then have the problem that power comes with: when you are the biggest and strongest, it's easy to underestimate your opponents. And that's how you lose." The old tom pointed to the socket that once held his missing eye. "A kittypet did this to me when I was an apprentice. Nearly old enough to receive my warrior name. I was stronger and more skilled with special training he didn't have. You can see how well that turned out."

The younger shecat seemed so pleased with herself, the old tom couldn't help but smile wanly "I'm sure he will be, kit," he said, reaching out a paw to tossle the fur on top of her head. And if he doesn't, I'll make a nest out of his pelt. Wanting to end on a high note, Shinefang skulked to the edge of the plateau, his claws already extended. "Let's go on and head back," he meowed gruffly. He turned and walked backwards over the edge, his gnarled claws finding purchase in the tiny cracks and crevices of the stone as he climbed down. "Much easier than going up," he huffed.

Old June 12th, 2018, 08:41 PM
boo

Quote:
"You'll grow to be better at balance if you keep this up," Shinefang replied, "which will help with fighting if that's what you mean. Milk before freshkill." Shinefang was silent for a moment, considering her question. "Power," he said assuredly. "If every fight was decided by who was the biggest and strongest, Riverclan would win every battle. But the fact is that wit and speed can win a battle and neither of then have the problem that power comes with: when you are the biggest and strongest, it's easy to underestimate your opponents. And that's how you lose." The old tom pointed to the socket that once held his missing eye. "A kittypet did this to me when I was an apprentice. Nearly old enough to receive my warrior name. I was stronger and more skilled with special training he didn't have. You can see how well that turned out."

The younger shecat seemed so pleased with herself, the old tom couldn't help but smile wanly "I'm sure he will be, kit," he said, reaching out a paw to tossle the fur on top of her head. And if he doesn't, I'll make a nest out of his pelt. Wanting to end on a high note, Shinefang skulked to the edge of the plateau, his claws already extended. "Let's go on and head back," he meowed gruffly. He turned and walked backwards over the edge, his gnarled claws finding purchase in the tiny cracks and crevices of the stone as he climbed down. "Much easier than going up," he huffed.
Ringpaw saw his missing eye in a new light.
If a Kittypet did that, he really wasn’t lying. Maybe training so hard to impress Snaobranch was as important as training hard to be a good warrior, strong enough to live and fight, but with enough sense to be wary of others.
“I bet others underestimate me. I’m small, but I’m sure I could fight off hoards of Riverclanners!” She meowed proudly as Shinefang’s paw rubbed in her brow.
“I mean, if I can learn to stand still for more than fifteen robin feathers.” She meowed, purring slightly at her own joke. Shinefang may not find it too amusing, but she certainly liked it.
Standing taller at his words of encouragement, she stepped forward after the tom. He was certainly right! Snapbranch would be impressed, and skill, speed, and wit were more valuable than power.
I hope I can be just like Shinefang one day. She thought, smiling to the back of his head. He was the type of role model she wanted to aim to be.
“I want to be just like you one day. A skillful fighter, and a reasonable clanmate.” She said aloud to him, repeating her thoughts so he could hear her compliment.
She padded forward and waited her turn, watching as the yellow tabby descended down the rocky cliff face.
How come going down was easier? Gravity, perhaps. Maybe that’s why it’s so hard to rise to the top. Her? Ringpaw wanted to stay in the middle from now on. Because if she had other attributes over power, like Shinefang said, she could learn to become a great cat who surprised everyone.
“Quick question, did you surprise everyone when you became such a great medicine cat?” If he had been a warrior before his new profession, she guessed that a lot of felines in Skyclan didn’t approve. But why not?
She stepped down a bit, holding on to the rocks below her with her claws. She looked like a tiny mountain goat, trying to balance on a toothpick on the windy mountain top that reached all the way to Silverpelt.
Her mint green eyes focused on the path Shinefang was walking on. If they could support a fully grown tom, they should be able to support a tiny little runt like her.
She leapt down a large jump, and landed at about Shinefang’s shoulders.

~pom~

Last edited by pomegranate; June 12th, 2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old June 12th, 2018, 09:57 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Ringpaw saw his missing eye in a new light.
If a Kittypet did that, he really wasn’t lying. Maybe training so hard to impress Snaobranch was as important as training hard to be a good warrior, strong enough to live and fight, but with enough sense to be wary of others.
“I bet others underestimate me. I’m small, but I’m sure I could fight off hoards of Riverclanners!” She meowed proudly as Shinefang’s paw rubbed in her brow.
“I mean, if I can learn to stand still for more than fifteen robin feathers.” She meowed, purring slightly at her own joke. Shinefang may not find it too amusing, but she certainly liked it.
Standing taller at his words of encouragement, she stepped forward after the tom. He was certainly right! Snapbranch would be impressed, and skill, speed, and wit were more valuable than power.
I hope I can be just like Shinefang one day. She thought, smiling to the back of his head. He was the type of role model she wanted to aim to be.
“I want to be just like you one day. A skillful fighter, and a reasonable clanmate.” She said aloud to him, repeating her thoughts so he could hear her compliment.
She padded forward and waited her turn, watching as the yellow tabby descended down the rocky cliff face.
How come going down was easier? Gravity, perhaps. Maybe that’s why it’s so hard to rise to the top. Her? Ringpaw wanted to stay in the middle from now on. Because if she had other attributes over power, like Shinefang said, she could learn to become a great cat who surprised everyone.
“Quick question, did you surprise everyone when you became such a great medicine cat?” If he had been a warrior before his new profession, she guessed that a lot of felines in Skyclan didn’t approve. But why not?
She stepped down a bit, holding on to the rocks below her with her claws. She looked like a tiny mountain goat, trying to balance on a toothpick on the windy mountain top that reached all the way to Silverpelt.
Her mint green eyes focused on the path Shinefang was walking on. If they could support a fully grown tom, they should be able to support a tiny little runt like her.
She leapt down a large jump, and landed at about Shinefang’s shoulders.
Shinefang didn't respond to the apprentice's jabbering, focusing instead on the climb down from the plateau. He wasn't a young cat anymore and a fall from too high could end in a broken leg. And if that happened, well... who tends to an injured medicine cat. He supposed if it came down to it, Daydream may be willing to make a few trips to Skyclan. But of course, older cats didn't heal from injuries like broken bones nearly as well as younger cats. Sometimes they didn't heal at all... With a heavy heart he glanced up at the sheer edge of the plateau. He wished that before he had started to climb down he had looked into the distant from the top. He wished he had waited and watched the sun setting over the trees. In his heart, he knew he had probably stood on the training plateau for the last time.

“I want to be just like you one day. A skillful fighter, and a reasonable clanmate.”

Ringpaw's chiming little voice broke through his thoughts and he paused as he climbed. Just for a second, then he started carefully working his way down again. Be like him? She didn't know what that entailed. "Don't worry, kit. You'll be old and bitter before you know what happened." He heard her ask a question about becoming a medicine cat and as he was still searching for his next foothold, she suddenly dropped, hooking onto the cliff-side next to him like a squirrel on a tree trunk. "Starclan!" he gasped, catching the breath she had scared out of him. "I'm not a great medicine cat, kit. I'm just a warrior who saw what Skyclan needed and stepped up. Surgestorm, Wheatfur, Daydream, those are great medicine cats." Grunting with the effort, Shinefang climbed the last few feet to the ground and stepped down, shaking out his pelt and sending a cloud of grit from the cliff into the air. "When I took this job I'd been to the medicine den myself so many times I could figure out how to dress a battle wound. Those three taught me hour to treat illnesses with herbs. And I didn't even finish learning all that long ago." The old tom turned away, beginning to trot back toward camp. "They taught me as best they could, but I'm just doing the best I can here."

Old June 13th, 2018, 06:29 AM
boo

Quote:
Shinefang didn't respond to the apprentice's jabbering, focusing instead on the climb down from the plateau. He wasn't a young cat anymore and a fall from too high could end in a broken leg. And if that happened, well... who tends to an injured medicine cat. He supposed if it came down to it, Daydream may be willing to make a few trips to Skyclan. But of course, older cats didn't heal from injuries like broken bones nearly as well as younger cats. Sometimes they didn't heal at all... With a heavy heart he glanced up at the sheer edge of the plateau. He wished that before he had started to climb down he had looked into the distant from the top. He wished he had waited and watched the sun setting over the trees. In his heart, he knew he had probably stood on the training plateau for the last time.

“I want to be just like you one day. A skillful fighter, and a reasonable clanmate.”

Ringpaw's chiming little voice broke through his thoughts and he paused as he climbed. Just for a second, then he started carefully working his way down again. Be like him? She didn't know what that entailed. "Don't worry, kit. You'll be old and bitter before you know what happened." He heard her ask a question about becoming a medicine cat and as he was still searching for his next foothold, she suddenly dropped, hooking onto the cliff-side next to him like a squirrel on a tree trunk. "Starclan!" he gasped, catching the breath she had scared out of him. "I'm not a great medicine cat, kit. I'm just a warrior who saw what Skyclan needed and stepped up. Surgestorm, Wheatfur, Daydream, those are great medicine cats." Grunting with the effort, Shinefang climbed the last few feet to the ground and stepped down, shaking out his pelt and sending a cloud of grit from the cliff into the air. "When I took this job I'd been to the medicine den myself so many times I could figure out how to dress a battle wound. Those three taught me hour to treat illnesses with herbs. And I didn't even finish learning all that long ago." The old tom turned away, beginning to trot back toward camp. "They taught me as best they could, but I'm just doing the best I can here."
Ringpaw listened as he went on.
“Old and bitter? I mean, you’re um, elderly perhaps but you don’t seem bitter, just sarcastic.” She meowed. His tone had such a voice, it was rich but simply sad and a bit... deflated, like a wilting flower. But she had to agree, Shinefang was getting that age where even he called himself old. Checking, from all her visits to the elders den, there were only a few cats who even measured up to his age.
Imagine living that long... she thought. What would she even do? Well, she’d get to scold kits and apprentices for things that she had done in her time. That would be interesting.
For some reason, the air got extremely choked for just a split second, before it was ushered away by the breeze.
She swore she had seen Shinefang glance back at the top of the training plateau with an almost wistful expression that she couldn’t place on any feelings chart she had in her mind. She cocked her head as he turned back.
What was that about? She asked herself, but continue to scale down the cliff, the cool rocks sliding beneath her paw pads.
As she scrabbled for a foothold after jumping down, she let out an exclamation.
“Sorry! I didn’t mean to scare you!” She had thought he would have just continued on in silence, but she wanted to be eye level to see what he was saying through his one eye.
She couldn’t see it just yet, but if he ever looked at her he could.
“But isn’t Surgestorm dead? And who’s Wheatfur?” She asked curiously. She had never met or heard of a Wheatfur, and Surgestorm had just passed. Besides, why didn’t Shinefang think that he was a great medicine cat?
As he thumped down to the ground, she waited a few moments until he passed, not wanting to scare him again.
Landing softly on the grass below, she shook out one paw she had landed hard on, and let her claws pick into the grass. Her mint green eyes glimmering, she bounded back to his side.
“I think you’re doing fine!” She meowed sweetly. But what do I know? Maybe he isn’t just doubting himself. But I doubt that. She thought to herself with a hum.
Bouncing forwards, she smiled up at him.
“Thanks for letting me help with the herbs and training me. It was fun! Maybe I can come back tomorrow to help finish with that thyme.” She suggested, flicking her tail airily as she pranced beside him. “Snapbranch might be looking for me soon.” She growled sadly, looking off into the direction of where camp would be, if there were no trees in the way.
Her paws shaking, she carefully tiptoed closer and then stood up as high as she could and gave Shinefang a lick on the cheek.
She had really ever done that to Snowbranch and this one Elder, Cream something, but she knew that she always had done it to them when she was thanking them for a piece of fresh kill or an amazing story.
Stepping back down, she turned and glanced behind her one last time.
“See you later!” She called warmly, before rounding back and jogging off towards camp.
She couldn’t wait to show Snapbranch what Shinefang had taught her!

~pom~

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; July 25th, 2018 at 10:08 PM.
Old June 14th, 2018, 02:23 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Letting out a gigantic sigh of relief, Cherrypaw padded towards her mentor. He seemed to be in a good mood so far, so perhaps she wouldn't start out this training session by getting in trouble. "I'm good." The white she-cat automatically responded. "It's a pretty morning, don't you think?" She cast her blue eyes up at the sky, appreciating the warming sun rays on her fur. She had been excited for another training session, but now that she was here all she wanted to do was climb up into a tree and take a little nap amongst the leaves and the breeze. When she was a warrior she'd be able to do that whenever she wanted. It was coming up soon, she remembered. The moons of training were going to pay off when Cherrypaw finally received her warrior name. "Alright, what are we doing today?" The apprentice asked, trying to keep her focus on her mentor.
Following her gaze up to the sky, the orange tom shrugged a little. He normally noticed things like the “pretty mornings,” but lately, he’d been almost too busy to really see things like that. ”I thought we’d start with a review. From there, I’ll teach you a few new moves, and then you can be done for the day.” Cherrypaw was becoming more advanced in her training. This didn’t come as too much of a surprise to him, he’d always thought she would do well, but she was advancing even more quickly then he had expected. ”That is, assuming you want to be done?” There was a teasing gleam in his eye as he spoke. Most apprentices (himself included at that age) would have welcomed a chance to get out of training early, after all the expectations and glamour had worn off and there was just bare reality left. Cherrypaw certainly wasn’t an exception to that - as much as he cared for the little she cat, he could guess she would probably be thrilled to get to go out and have some hard-earned time with her friends.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; June 14th, 2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old June 21st, 2018, 10:18 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Following her gaze up to the sky, the orange tom shrugged a little. He normally noticed things like the “pretty mornings,” but lately, he’d been almost too busy to really see things like that. ”I thought we’d start with a review. From there, I’ll teach you a few new moves, and then you can be done for the day.” Cherrypaw was becoming more advanced in her training. This didn’t come as too much of a surprise to him, he’d always thought she would do well, but she was advancing even more quickly then he had expected. ”That is, assuming you want to be done?” There was a teasing gleam in his eye as he spoke. Most apprentices (himself included at that age) would have welcomed a chance to get out of training early, after all the expectations and glamour had worn off and there was just bare reality left. Cherrypaw certainly wasn’t an exception to that - as much as he cared for the little she cat, he could guess she would probably be thrilled to get to go out and have some hard-earned time with her friends.
Cherrypaw knew she should get as much training in as she could to reach her maximum potential and become a warrior SkyClan could be proud of, but she certainly couldn't let this opportunity to have some "me-time" slip away from her. "That sounds great!" Cherrypaw purred, unable to contain her excitement. She'd just have to make sure she earned her free time by working hard during this training session. The apprentice wasn't too worried about making that happen, however. She knew Blazingcomet would alway push her to be the best she could be and would work her hard during this training session as he did during all the others. She was glad to have the ginger tom as her mentor, hoping one day she'd be just as good as a mentor as he was.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old June 29th, 2018, 01:04 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Cherrypaw knew she should get as much training in as she could to reach her maximum potential and become a warrior SkyClan could be proud of, but she certainly couldn't let this opportunity to have some "me-time" slip away from her. "That sounds great!" Cherrypaw purred, unable to contain her excitement. She'd just have to make sure she earned her free time by working hard during this training session. The apprentice wasn't too worried about making that happen, however. She knew Blazingcomet would alway push her to be the best she could be and would work her hard during this training session as he did during all the others. She was glad to have the ginger tom as her mentor, hoping one day she'd be just as good as a mentor as he was.
A smile broke out over Blazingcomet’s maw as he watched his apprentice’s expression, glad that she had retained some of her youthful excitement - it was nice to see apprentices who were both hardworking and playful, able to switch back and forth and knowing when it was time to work and when it was time to play. He had, unfortunately, had trouble telling the difference between work-time and playtime in his own youth, but it was much easier to tell now. Blazingcomet was glad Cherrypaw seemed to be smarter than he had as a young apprentice. In general, she cats seemed to be just a little smarter than toms as young cats. It varied, he supposed, but when he was an apprentice… it’d seemed as if every she cat was more determined than he was to do a good job. ”Good. We’ll start with you blocking my attack. Ready?” He moved back a little bit, eyeing the she cat almost doubtfully, like he wasn’t quite sure she would be able to do it. She knew this, though… surely she’d be fine.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.