Last post by Minkuu
Today 03:26 AM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by alec
Today 02:14 AM

Old January 13th, 2020, 05:56 PM

My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Ballistic Runaway (OPEN! TO EVERYONE!)

Smudge listened intently to her instructions, wanting to learn practically everything there is to know about forest life. As she crept up to it, he sniffed the air to see if he could smell the mouse; he mainly smelled grass and leaves... and fresh air... and-

No. Don't get distracted! I need to learn how to get food! He snapped out of his trance as Cloud spoke and nudged the mouse toward him. He sniffed at the mouse, smelling the distinct musty difference from his surroundings. It definitely smelled different than those dry pellets! With the okay from both of his- what, exactly? new parents? teachers? he didn't know- he bit into it. And man, it was the single best thing he had ever tasted! He finished eating, looked up, and tasted the air like he just saw Soot do. Now that he knew what it smelled like, he could barely scent the same oder. "Ok," he replied to Cloud about staying near and the dark, "I think I can smell one too!"

He followed his nose to the opposite edge of the clearing, and spotted a little mouse at the base of a tree. He did the crouch that he was taught, and crept as quietly as he could toward it. When he was about a foxlength away, the mouse spotted him and scampered away into the trees. He pounded after it, and just before the mouse reached his burrow, Smudge pounced on it and instinctively bit it's neck, killing it. As happy as can be, he picked it up and turned around. He realized that he had ran quite a ways from the clearing, and set the mouse back down to see if he could scent his way back.
@Cloudsky @ponyapan
Old January 13th, 2020, 06:30 PM

My Mood: Inspired

"I can scent him!" Cloud meowed to the cats. "And mouse too!" Cloud trotted toward the scents, and found him farther from the clearing, but with freshly caught mouse, so she couldn't be too mad.
"Nice catch! You're a natural! Now, we should head back to the rock in the middle of the clearing, the foxes and badgers don't go near it, but there's a hole in it, along with a few bushes to hide in."

Last edited by Cloudsky; January 13th, 2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old January 14th, 2020, 03:14 PM
~Fae of the forest~

@Cloudsky

Dreaming away of green leaves and wild rivers, Soot nearly got lost in her mind until she spotted Cloud and Smudge a little further away. Soot felt her pelt prickle in surprise at the smell of freshly caught mouse. Catching her prey on the first try, ever? Smudge really was a natural! Well, that was quite lucky, since she'd need it without being supported by twolegs. This was a comfortable little group to be in, Soot had to admit. Actually, like Cloud had said, there was a good hole in the middle of the clearing. Maybe they could turn it into their own den of some kind? Any danger could be lurking in the night, so a home would be good to fall back on.

"Good job!" she called with a purr.

Please click my eggs!

Old January 14th, 2020, 05:05 PM

"Hey Soot, look at what Smudge caught!" She purred with delight. "You did a good job teaching him, but we should get to Prey-Rock, it's safer there." Cloud was fond of her group, but didn't want to stay in the cold, so without hesitation she bounded up to her favorite spot, which was a nice, cozy moss bed decorated with feathers inside the large rock, and laid down.
@ponyapan @BlueGamerGirl

Last edited by Cloudsky; January 16th, 2020 at 11:06 AM.
Old January 15th, 2020, 05:15 PM

"I caught it!" he yowled to them both in excitement. He had found his way to where they could see him with the mouse. "OK" he replied to Cloud, and followed her inside the hole to her den. "Oh wow!" he remarked at the cozy place, practically forgetting his old home. He was chilled from the cold now, and was glad that it was warm here.

Smudge set down the mouse at their feet and said, "Now you can have this since I already ate!" @Cloudsky @ponyapan
Old January 16th, 2020, 11:14 AM
~Fae of the forest~

@Cloudsky

Whole-heartedly agreeing with Cloud, Soot nodded, then followed them back.
Soot curiosly observed the large rocky den. Despite the winter, it was somehow kept warm and cozy, and carried a homely feeling with it as Smudge curled up inside. It was pretty well hidden, too. Soot was a bit unfamiliar with the surroundings, though.
"I think I'll just take a look outside, if that's fine," she hummed before padding out a bit. Soot didn't intent to be away for long, she just wanted to memorize the spot.

Please click my eggs!

Old January 16th, 2020, 11:17 AM

"Thank you, Smudge." She mewed softly. "There's a small pile of prey, a bit further in my cozy den. You all can make yourselves at home."
She was happy for the excited kit, and she smiled sweetly at him. She enjoyed having these cats for company, since her life was all about socializing until a couple of moons ago. It was like having a family, a purpose, and she enjoyed that. @BlueGamerGirl @ponyapan

Last edited by Cloudsky; January 16th, 2020 at 11:17 AM.
Old January 16th, 2020, 05:09 PM

To be honest, Smudge kind of liked the feel of the moss better than the twoleg stuff that he had always slept on. Now comfy, he realized how tired he was. "Your... welcome." he said through a yawn. He laid his head down and fell asleep. @Cloudsky @ponyapan
Old January 18th, 2020, 09:19 AM

"Psst, hey. Smudge, it's time to wake up." Cloud mewled as she tried to wake the tired kit. Then she had an idea. She went out of her cozy den and started hunting. A mouse here, a squirrel there, and a garden snake in the middle of a meal. She then trotted up to Smudge, putting a mouse close to his muzzle. "Wakey, wakey, mouse and snakey~" She meowed in a sing song way.
Old January 18th, 2020, 11:14 AM

"Hmm..?" He mumbled as he awoke from his slumber. He heard a voice and jumped up rapidly, ready to run, thinking he was still at the twoleg den. Before he took off, he realized where he was and stopped himself, making his spiked fur go back down. Oh yeah, I don't have to worry about them anymore! He started to purr a bit, thinking of the good nights of sleep that were to come, and realized that there was Cloud there. "Oh, sorry..." he said to her, realizing that his spasm might have freaked her out, as well as making the mouse fly through the
air and hit the rocky wall of the den. He went to grab the mouse, realizing two things: he had a pretty good night's sleep for the first time in a while, and he was hungry.
@Cloudsky

Last edited by BlueGamerGirl; January 18th, 2020 at 11:15 AM.