Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 04:44 PM

Old November 4th, 2020, 08:48 AM
Peppermint Pudding

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: ShadowClan Training Cliffs

Windstrike
[ @Rani ]

He shook his fur out as he watched the apprentice avoid the small attack, nodding slightly to himself as he took a step back. "Focus, distractions will result in your death, not that I'd complain," he hissed, mumbling the last part mostly to himself. Watching a small pebble roll off the cliff for a split second, he took note of the tenseness coming off in waves from the apprentice. That, and the way he dug his claws into the harsh surface of the ground, " Perhaps a small break before they continued. As much as he wanted to be over with this, he wasn't going to overwork Shrikepaw but so much. Windstrike sat down where he was, flexing his claws as he finally realized the tom had started talking. His ear flicked slightly as he listened, a small frown forming on his face as he contemplated the questions.

"There is no certain placement that can keep your face from getting clawed off at any moment, you need to keep moving at all times," he meowed hesitantly after a moment, shaking his head, "You need to figure out how to always have a grasp on your surroundings and use them to your advantage. Yes, obviously no one is going to back off from an apprentice, but your size has its advantages. While your opponent may make large movements, you can easily dive under them and reach places it would take them at least a moment to realize what you were doing. It's all about quick thinking on your part and knowing who you're fighting." Anything could turn the tables in a battle, it was up to Shrikepaw how he'd react to unpredictable situations. Standing back up, he stretched quickly as he sheathed his claws once more. "What you need to work on most is your balance though. If you're thrown off, that's one thing, but you can't be stumbling over your own two paws in a battle, that's a sure way to end up dead down under."

Struggling to keep up with the tom's rapid movements, he hissed irritatedly as his frown returned to his face. "And for Starclan's sake, stop that! You're either gonna fall on your face or make someone dizzy! Preferably the first option..." he growled rolling his eyes at his own comment for once. He seriously needed to come up with new insults, the old ones were getting boring. He glanced over the edge for a moment before turning back to Shrikepaw, "Alright, c'mon lets practice, because that's obviously what you need most. Back to offense, come at me but protect yourself, I will be attacking back this time."

"Kindness is like sugar. It makes life taste a little sweeter"
Carla Yerovi

Character Site | Shooting Stars

I will not respond to one liners or five word responses.

Old November 5th, 2020, 06:22 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

"Right this first move is one that those moor runners are particularly good at and the first one you should go to if you're pinned on her back, and why you should avoid pinning a windlan cat on that way. Bunch up your back legs close to you and kick out against your opponents belly hard, when they're winded and weakened surge up and you should be able to free yourself. Now kick. Actually kick me as long as you dont unsheathe your claws I'll be fine and you can gauge how strong you need to do so to escape." The warrior pushed down on Shrewpaws shoulders making sure the tom was properly pinned so he'd actually have to strike to escape. Adderfang also braced herself to have the wind knocked out of her, oh the things she did to teach the younger generation.

@gs29513
Old November 5th, 2020, 03:54 PM
🧂= Yes

My Mood: Unamused

// @Saltyteardrops Moving the rp

Crowpaw had taken the lead, even though he was the apprentice. "Let's get to it!" He growled, his paw aching to prove he was better than his mentor. "I'll win!" He let out a hiss. Unsheathing his claws, and digging them into the ground, and then making a claw mark before sheathing them.
Old November 5th, 2020, 04:15 PM
Just a tired Transmasc

Bump Policy: 1 week/48 hours (Time sensitive)
My Mood: Kingly

@Daisy the Icewing
Acornpelt
The Warrior's stomach turned at his fierceness.
"Don't be to sure." She chuckled, then continued, "Alright, as you know claws sheathed at all times. So for now your going to come at me, and we'll work on your technique afterwards." She mentally and physically prepared herself. This way it'll give him freedom, and he'll use some creativity Acornpelt thought.
"Ok, when you're ready." The tabby told Crowpaw. Knowing that he'd probably not hesitate.
all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Jem Carstairs
Old November 5th, 2020, 04:28 PM
🧂= Yes

// @Saltyteardrops

Quickly dashing at him, Crowpaw circled him quickly. Then, kept doing it. Then quickly, he pounced at her. If this worked, he would hit her side, and knock her off balance.
Old November 5th, 2020, 04:34 PM
Just a tired Transmasc

@Daisy the Icewing
Acornpelt stood still as he circled her. Instead of watching him, she closed her amber eyes, and focused on her balance. As she felt his weight hit her flank, she turned, pivoting on her forelegs. Using that momentum to keep her steady. Then the warrior counterattacked, bowling into Crowpaw's side
all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Jem Carstairs
Old November 5th, 2020, 04:38 PM
🧂= Yes

// @Saltyteardrops

"What-" Crowpaw quickly got up. So... that's useful for the future. He thought. He stood still for a moment. Then anther. And then anther. And.... anther, before finally (and quickly) using how small he was compared to her, and slid under her. Trying to claw her belly, he was prepared to slide out in a heartbeat
Old November 5th, 2020, 05:26 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Ok, so note to self, don't pin a Windclan cat unless you wanted the stuffing splurted out through your mouth. Noted. Pulling his legs in tight to his belly as he felt Adderfang brace herself, Shrewpaw kicked out with all the force he could muster, which was actually a decent amount since he was a good jumper, for his short legs anyway. Still, just in case he wasn't able to dislodge her on the first try, he pulled back and pushed out again, hoping that he could get her off or winded if he hadn't already. And then, finally remembering the surge up instruction, he tried to jump up, although he himself was a bit winded from all the effort he had put into his wallops. @Rani
Old November 5th, 2020, 09:45 PM
Just a tired Transmasc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy the Icewing View Post
// @Saltyteardrops

"What-" Crowpaw quickly got up. So... that's useful for the future. He thought. He stood still for a moment. Then anther. And then anther. And.... anther, before finally (and quickly) using how small he was compared to her, and slid under her. Trying to claw her belly, he was prepared to slide out in a heartbeat
Scolding herself for being caught of guard, she twisted around. While preparing to knock him off his paws when he stood back up. Acornpelt shifted her weight if of her forepaw, moving so little that only a talented eye could see. The Warrior was prepared to move as soon as the opportunity arose.
Old November 6th, 2020, 09:38 AM
Ambivert

My Mood: Hopeful

~Peacepaw of SHC~

The seal-point tom waited a bit at the training cliffs while making sure that they were a drastic distance away from the edge of the cliffs. It was amazing that a training place would be so close to the brink of death. Peacepaw didn't dare to see how far down the pit. Probably like a portal to Starclan with absolutely*no way back unless it wasn't your time according to the star. He only knew the front-paw blow which would only be useful for smacking cats. Would he be able to learn hunting today or train more? Or even both?
{ @bmkmb }
{Foggykit}{Mouseleap}
Windclan:
{Songkit}{Fallenghost}
Thunderclan:
{Seedcrush}{Pineapple}
Profile pic is by alan

Last edited by Elementals; November 6th, 2020 at 09:38 AM.