Thread closing!
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 10:11 AM
Closed Thread

Old April 4th, 2017, 09:42 PM

My Mood: Cold
Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

silverpelt felt fur against hers, she turned her head to angelkit and purred. she was blushing beyond belief at the sudden burst of affection from angelkit.
Old April 4th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Memerofthememes

My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldheart View Post
silverpelt felt fur against hers, she turned her head to angelkit and purred. she was blushing beyond belief at the sudden burst of affection from angelkit.
He didnt notice her awake and just stayed there, huddling closer every few seconds. He closed his eyes again.
Old April 4th, 2017, 11:41 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Melody View Post
Splashheart's eyes sharpened when she saw Mixedfur walk in, but when her gaze fixed on the squirrel, all was forgiven. Or, almost, until she reminded herself that she hadnt seen her mate yesterday. That made her annoyed, because she'd been stuck in the nursery with nothing to do, noone to talk to except for the other Queens and all they did was brag about their little kits!

Splashheart hardly got the chance to even growl at her mate because he was already apologizing. Splashheart found herself rolling her eyes at him and lowering her head to take a few bites of the squirrel, deciding to give him the cold shoulder. Thats how she felt nowadays. What she was mostly grateful for was that Mixedfur could put up with her constant mood swings and snappishness.

She scowled as he nudged her stomach, sending him a small warning look. She didnt feel like being touched right now, especially not by the Tom that had gotten her into this uncomfortable position. Again the mixed feelings were there. She wanted these kits out, out right now! While it wasnt painful, it was extremely uncomfortable, as well as boring, to be stuck in the nursery all day. Splashheart was one that didnt like to be tied down. Pushing the rest of the squirrel away, she looked up at her mate with narrowed eyes.

Splashheart sighed as Mixedfur settled beside her, giving up on the silent treatment and snuggling into his fur, ignoring the uncomfortable twinge in her stomach. Her eyes drifted closed easily, another sigh escaping her. The nickname brought both amusement and annoyance. Mixed feelings.

"Dont. Call me Splashy. Its not gonna get you out of trouble this time." She muttered, but her voice wasnt as hostile as she intended. Probably because she was more than exhausted, event though she'd mostly slept all day, when she wasnt listening to the gossip some Queens had. She hadnt really been listening though, mostly just checking for Mixedfur.

When he asked about her day, Splashheart let out a small, dry laugh at him, her eyes still shut. "Oh, my day? My day was boring. Yeah. Ferretblaze checked in once," Her tone became annoyed, thinking of the orange she-cat. The two tried to get along since Splash had found out Ferretblaze was Mixedfur's adopted mother and since Splashheart had confirmed she was pregnant, both she-cats agreeing the kits needed a grandmother figure, but that was hard because Splashheart was cranky all the time, and Ferretblaze was naturally snarky. "Stayed for a minute or two and left. Glad when she did, because she was trying to make small talk." Splashheart added with a scoff, sighing as she put her head on her paws. A part of her wondered when Mixedfur would have to go again, and another part of her considered tying him down so he couldnt leave. But who would get her more food if she did that?
‘’Aw, come on, Splash Splash. Don’t be like that.’’ He purred, trying to act innocent and brighten her mood. Sure, he hadn’t seen her yesterday, but didn’t he already give her a good enough reason as to why he didn’t see her? He was positive that he did. He had patrol borders to do--night and day. A double duty, and in-between the time he had been hunting with Dottedflame and Lucilleheart to keep the fresh kill pile up. They also been tending to the elders to make sure they were well fed.

As he heard about her day, his ears flattened to his head slighty. ‘’Splash, come on you said you would try to get along. Will you?’’ He asked. He was happy to have Ferretblaze and his mate get along. Those two getting along was like cats and dogs. He knew they hated each other, but what they were doing for him...getting along for the kits...that was worthwhile to him. Why could they not see it? ‘’At least, she’s trying, love. She’s only trying to make you comfortable.’’ Mixedfur adjusted his position so, that he could lay on his side. His back was pressed against the den’s wall, and he felt his mate lean into him. His ears had flicked her her voice--was she sleepy?

Splashheart probably was. After all, it had been a long day for the both of them, and Mixedfur didn’t object to sleep. But should he be willing to sleep here? The smell certainly didn’t fit well with him. ‘’In order to make it up to you, how about I sleep here to keep you company? I mean even though the milky scent smells really,’’ Mixedfur paused, thinking of a nice word instead of the word he wanted to say. ‘’Nice. It smells nice--you smell delicious!’’ To prove his point, the tom nosed the side of her neck, knowing she would most likely be annoyed by this move. After all, she had been when he nosed her stomach. She was so aggressive with these kits. The tom knew that it would be any moment before she gave birth, but there was only so much he could take.

Handling mood swings was okay to him, handling the attitude was settled for him, tending to her needs was important to him. But, her aggressive state, frightened him. It made him not want to be anywhere near her, even if she were his mate. Though the tom knew how to handle this well, and he left it in Starclan’s paws to handle well. ‘’I don’t mind being here with you tonight. After all, tomorrow I might have to do an early morning patrol, but I don’t know yet. I do know I have duties tomorrow, and I’m hoping that Angelcloud or Heavencloud will be in here to keep you company. That’ll be alright, right? W-w-would you l-l-like that?’’ He asked, a certain type of emotion displayed through his maw. ‘’But, if that’s not okay...I’ll see what I can do to help you.’’ His energy was depleted, but he made himself comfortable and he stared at the other queens, giving them a friendly charming smile.

Old April 5th, 2017, 12:08 AM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noire View Post

‘’Aw, come on, Splash Splash. Don’t be like that.’’ He purred, trying to act innocent and brighten her mood. Sure, he hadn’t seen her yesterday, but didn’t he already give her a good enough reason as to why he didn’t see her? He was positive that he did. He had patrol borders to do--night and day. A double duty, and in-between the time he had been hunting with Dottedflame and Lucilleheart to keep the fresh kill pile up. They also been tending to the elders to make sure they were well fed.

As he heard about her day, his ears flattened to his head slighty. ‘’Splash, come on you said you would try to get along. Will you?’’ He asked. He was happy to have Ferretblaze and his mate get along. Those two getting along was like cats and dogs. He knew they hated each other, but what they were doing for him...getting along for the kits...that was worthwhile to him. Why could they not see it? ‘’At least, she’s trying, love. She’s only trying to make you comfortable.’’ Mixedfur adjusted his position so, that he could lay on his side. His back was pressed against the den’s wall, and he felt his mate lean into him. His ears had flicked her her voice--was she sleepy?

Splashheart probably was. After all, it had been a long day for the both of them, and Mixedfur didn’t object to sleep. But should he be willing to sleep here? The smell certainly didn’t fit well with him. ‘’In order to make it up to you, how about I sleep here to keep you company? I mean even though the milky scent smells really,’’ Mixedfur paused, thinking of a nice word instead of the word he wanted to say. ‘’Nice. It smells nice--you smell delicious!’’ To prove his point, the tom nosed the side of her neck, knowing she would most likely be annoyed by this move. After all, she had been when he nosed her stomach. She was so aggressive with these kits. The tom knew that it would be any moment before she gave birth, but there was only so much he could take.

Handling mood swings was okay to him, handling the attitude was settled for him, tending to her needs was important to him. But, her aggressive state, frightened him. It made him not want to be anywhere near her, even if she were his mate. Though the tom knew how to handle this well, and he left it in Starclan’s paws to handle well. ‘’I don’t mind being here with you tonight. After all, tomorrow I might have to do an early morning patrol, but I don’t know yet. I do know I have duties tomorrow, and I’m hoping that Angelcloud or Heavencloud will be in here to keep you company. That’ll be alright, right? W-w-would you l-l-like that?’’ He asked, a certain type of emotion displayed through his maw. ‘’But, if that’s not okay...I’ll see what I can do to help you.’’ His energy was depleted, but he made himself comfortable and he stared at the other queens, giving them a friendly charming smile.

Splashheart merely opened her eyes, and just to roll them at her mate, narrowing them at him as well. Splash Splash? Boy, he was asking for a nick in the ear wasnt he? But, Splashheart knew she wouldnt actually lash out at him. Physically. Why would she when she had a nice vocabulary to tell the Tom precisely how she felt. She knew his explanation had been reasonable. She knew how busy a warrior could be. But it wasnt enough. She wanted him there, yet it felt like when he was there she was so...Mean. She didnt like that. She was scared of driving him away.

"I am trying to get along!" Splashheart exclaimed almost snappishly, glaring up at the Tom. But the effect was weakened because of the smile twitching at her lips. She couldnt help it, whenever she looked up into his eyes it always felt like home, all the bad thoughts going away. Even though she wanted to be angry. Well she didnt want to be angry but....Whatever. Shaking her head in an annoyed way she looked away to continue her sentence, scowling. "Im trying. But I feel like dung all the time, and I get frustrated and cranky, and I drive everyone away." Tears pricked at her blue eyes, making her groan in frustration. Mood swings. Had to hate 'em.

Quickly blinking the tears away, she let out a soft sniff and shut her eyes, listening quietly to his words. Only when it seemed like he was going to say something insulting did she peek at him, her eyes slitting faintly, almost warningly. "Yeah thats what I thought." She mumbled. She huffed as he nudged her, and reached up a little to push his muzzle away, going from sad to angry in a heartbeat. "Quit it," She protested tiredly, giving a small yawn. Normally she'd enjoy the affection, and to be quite honest she still did, but she just felt so.....Frustrated at the moment. These mood swings even confused her. How was she supposed to handle that? "Sleep in here if you want. You're just gonna be gone in the morning again, out on patrol as always," She batted faintly at a scrap of moss, trying to disguise the hurt in her tone. She had liked being able to be by Mixedfur's side, but since she couldnt leave the nursery, she couldnt go anywhere with him anymore.

"Yeah, okay." Splashheart sighed, lowering her head to give her paws a few licks. Her blue eyes flickered toward her mate for a small second, watching him with the faintest frown. Angelcloud and Heavencloud were great company, but they werent Mixedfur. But to be totally honest, Splashheart didnt know who she wanted around her right then. What she did know, though, was she couldnt wait for these kits to come out - And not just because she wanted to see them.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust
Old April 5th, 2017, 10:40 AM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:
Splashheart merely opened her eyes, and just to roll them at her mate, narrowing them at him as well. Splash Splash? Boy, he was asking for a nick in the ear wasnt he? But, Splashheart knew she wouldnt actually lash out at him. Physically. Why would she when she had a nice vocabulary to tell the Tom precisely how she felt. She knew his explanation had been reasonable. She knew how busy a warrior could be. But it wasnt enough. She wanted him there, yet it felt like when he was there she was so...Mean. She didnt like that. She was scared of driving him away.

"I am trying to get along!" Splashheart exclaimed almost snappishly, glaring up at the Tom. But the effect was weakened because of the smile twitching at her lips. She couldnt help it, whenever she looked up into his eyes it always felt like home, all the bad thoughts going away. Even though she wanted to be angry. Well she didnt want to be angry but....Whatever. Shaking her head in an annoyed way she looked away to continue her sentence, scowling. "Im trying. But I feel like dung all the time, and I get frustrated and cranky, and I drive everyone away." Tears pricked at her blue eyes, making her groan in frustration. Mood swings. Had to hate 'em.

Quickly blinking the tears away, she let out a soft sniff and shut her eyes, listening quietly to his words. Only when it seemed like he was going to say something insulting did she peek at him, her eyes slitting faintly, almost warningly. "Yeah thats what I thought." She mumbled. She huffed as he nudged her, and reached up a little to push his muzzle away, going from sad to angry in a heartbeat. "Quit it," She protested tiredly, giving a small yawn. Normally she'd enjoy the affection, and to be quite honest she still did, but she just felt so.....Frustrated at the moment. These mood swings even confused her. How was she supposed to handle that? "Sleep in here if you want. You're just gonna be gone in the morning again, out on patrol as always," She batted faintly at a scrap of moss, trying to disguise the hurt in her tone. She had liked being able to be by Mixedfur's side, but since she couldnt leave the nursery, she couldnt go anywhere with him anymore.

"Yeah, okay." Splashheart sighed, lowering her head to give her paws a few licks. Her blue eyes flickered toward her mate for a small second, watching him with the faintest frown. Angelcloud and Heavencloud were great company, but they werent Mixedfur. But to be totally honest, Splashheart didnt know who she wanted around her right then. What she did know, though, was she couldnt wait for these kits to come out - And not just because she wanted to see them.
Mixedfur listened to his mate with a calm ear. He understood that she felt homebound--couldn’t do anything much until the kits were born, and weaned off milk. He wished he could take her painful emotions away, but he couldn’t. If he had the power he would take away everything that made her sad, and pin it all on himself, so that she could only feel the happy things in life. Having kits were a treasurable moment, one that she quite did not come to yet, since she were still pregnant. ‘’You’re dung, love. You’re a field of flowers on a nice summer night. And, you didn’t drive me away! You know you can never get rid of, so give me everything you got, because I’m not going anywhere.’’ He frowned at her, the looked down at his paws.

The tom felt like he was failing her. He felt that he wasn’t fulfilling the job of being a worthy mate to her, but he brushed this feeling aside, and wrapped his tail around her loosely and softly. He didn’t want to squeeze the life out of her--literally. The kits, nor her stomach needed that much pressure. ‘’I said I might have patrols in the morning. Are you really going to be mad at me for something I cannot control? Besides that, tomorrow I have to tend to your needs. I have to feed you, make sure you have fresh moss, I have to make sure you get your lap of water. I have a lot of things to do.’’ He says, his voice slightly strained. He could feel the disappointment in her voice, but had it occurred to her that he was also...stressed? His energy have been deterring since she began showing and her mood swings have skyrocketed. He tried his best to look after her, and help out his clan as much as possible. He handled a lot more cats other than his mate.

This was why the tom was so thankful to have other friends around to take care of his mate. This was simply a phase, and soon the kits would be born and all will be well. For now, he had to keep his distance. His mate would be annoyed with him, and in no time would she lash out at him. He didn’t need that at the moment.

He heard the carelessness in her voice, and the tom was lost at words for a second. What was he suppose to say? Anything he said might triggered her, so he gave a light sigh himself and lowered his head onto his paws, looking away from her to face the den wall. Perhaps, maybe bringing a fish tomorrow for breakfast would cheer her up...Mixedfur hoped it would. He couldn’t stand the fact that he felt like she didn’t love him anymore. He tried his hardest to take care of her--but his hardest wasn’t good enough. Was anything ever good enough anymore?
Old April 5th, 2017, 11:16 AM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Quote:

Mixedfur listened to his mate with a calm ear. He understood that she felt homebound--couldn’t do anything much until the kits were born, and weaned off milk. He wished he could take her painful emotions away, but he couldn’t. If he had the power he would take away everything that made her sad, and pin it all on himself, so that she could only feel the happy things in life. Having kits were a treasurable moment, one that she quite did not come to yet, since she were still pregnant. ‘’You’re dung, love. You’re a field of flowers on a nice summer night. And, you didn’t drive me away! You know you can never get rid of, so give me everything you got, because I’m not going anywhere.’’ He frowned at her, the looked down at his paws.

The tom felt like he was failing her. He felt that he wasn’t fulfilling the job of being a worthy mate to her, but he brushed this feeling aside, and wrapped his tail around her loosely and softly. He didn’t want to squeeze the life out of her--literally. The kits, nor her stomach needed that much pressure. ‘’I said I might have patrols in the morning. Are you really going to be mad at me for something I cannot control? Besides that, tomorrow I have to tend to your needs. I have to feed you, make sure you have fresh moss, I have to make sure you get your lap of water. I have a lot of things to do.’’ He says, his voice slightly strained. He could feel the disappointment in her voice, but had it occurred to her that he was also...stressed? His energy have been deterring since she began showing and her mood swings have skyrocketed. He tried his best to look after her, and help out his clan as much as possible. He handled a lot more cats other than his mate.

This was why the tom was so thankful to have other friends around to take care of his mate. This was simply a phase, and soon the kits would be born and all will be well. For now, he had to keep his distance. His mate would be annoyed with him, and in no time would she lash out at him. He didn’t need that at the moment.

He heard the carelessness in her voice, and the tom was lost at words for a second. What was he suppose to say? Anything he said might triggered her, so he gave a light sigh himself and lowered his head onto his paws, looking away from her to face the den wall. Perhaps, maybe bringing a fish tomorrow for breakfast would cheer her up...Mixedfur hoped it would. He couldn’t stand the fact that he felt like she didn’t love him anymore. He tried his hardest to take care of her--but his hardest wasn’t good enough. Was anything ever good enough anymore?
Splashheart just listened to him silently, feeling the lump in her throat grow bigger. She couldnt help but think she was being too unfair. Sure she was pregnant and these mood swings were hard to handle, but that wasnt a good reason to go teeth-and-claws-bared on him. If Snowsong was pregnant, The thought filled her mind. Would she still be as sweet as she is now?

She couldnt help but think the answer was yes. After all, Splashheart was usually tempermental anyway, so these mood swings had these effects. But Snowsong could probably handle them and still be nice. Splashheart sighed, feeling a pang of resentment. Why did her sister always have to be so nice, and cheerful?

But she knew it wasnt her fault. At least when Foxthorn came over, which luckily he didnt get attacked for, he made it into a game...

"Okay sis," Foxthorn grinned, crouching in front of his sister. "Im a mean ol' ThunderClan warrior and im gonna attack your kits!"

Splashheart giggled, which caused some of the queens to look at her in amazement. "You touch my kits, ThunderClan scum, and you face my fury!"

"Your fury is nothing, ThunderClan will forever rule!" Foxthorn said playfully,tensing.

"Not as long as im standing," Splashheart retorted, laying her ears back in a challenging way. Foxthorn gave a crooked grin.

"Standing? I should win pretty easy then because you cant stand."

"Oh you jerk!" Splashheart yowled, hitting him on the muzzle playfully. "You're so lucky you're my brother or i'd kill you right now!"

"If you kill me, who's gonna teach the kits how to be naughty?" Foxthorn asked, grinning.

Splashheart smirked. "I hate you."

"I love you too." Foxthorn said with a grin.

Splashheart found herself smiling, amusement written all over her face. That had been the most fun she'd had since she'd had to move to the nursery, and she was grateful for her brothers ability to make everything seem better somehow. Splashheart raised her eyes to look over at Mixedfur, remembering vaguely.

They had started out hating eachother. Splashheart had acted like a complete jerk, a prissy little she-cat. And she was acting like that now. Did that mean..

"Hey." Splashheart lifted a paw and placed it on Mixedfur's muzzle, stretching up to touch her nose to his cheek slightly. "I love you." She mewed warmly, her eyes closing in content before she drew back and looked up at him, her blue eyes soft for the first time in a long time.

Forever...

Old April 5th, 2017, 01:59 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:
Splashheart just listened to him silently, feeling the lump in her throat grow bigger. She couldnt help but think she was being too unfair. Sure she was pregnant and these mood swings were hard to handle, but that wasnt a good reason to go teeth-and-claws-bared on him. If Snowsong was pregnant, The thought filled her mind. Would she still be as sweet as she is now?

She couldnt help but think the answer was yes. After all, Splashheart was usually tempermental anyway, so these mood swings had these effects. But Snowsong could probably handle them and still be nice. Splashheart sighed, feeling a pang of resentment. Why did her sister always have to be so nice, and cheerful?

But she knew it wasnt her fault. At least when Foxthorn came over, which luckily he didnt get attacked for, he made it into a game...

"Okay sis," Foxthorn grinned, crouching in front of his sister. "Im a mean ol' ThunderClan warrior and im gonna attack your kits!"

Splashheart giggled, which caused some of the queens to look at her in amazement. "You touch my kits, ThunderClan scum, and you face my fury!"

"Your fury is nothing, ThunderClan will forever rule!" Foxthorn said playfully,tensing.

"Not as long as im standing," Splashheart retorted, laying her ears back in a challenging way. Foxthorn gave a crooked grin.

"Standing? I should win pretty easy then because you cant stand."

"Oh you jerk!" Splashheart yowled, hitting him on the muzzle playfully. "You're so lucky you're my brother or i'd kill you right now!"

"If you kill me, who's gonna teach the kits how to be naughty?" Foxthorn asked, grinning.

Splashheart smirked. "I hate you."

"I love you too." Foxthorn said with a grin.

Splashheart found herself smiling, amusement written all over her face. That had been the most fun she'd had since she'd had to move to the nursery, and she was grateful for her brothers ability to make everything seem better somehow. Splashheart raised her eyes to look over at Mixedfur, remembering vaguely.

They had started out hating eachother. Splashheart had acted like a complete jerk, a prissy little she-cat. And she was acting like that now. Did that mean..

"Hey." Splashheart lifted a paw and placed it on Mixedfur's muzzle, stretching up to touch her nose to his cheek slightly. "I love you." She mewed warmly, her eyes closing in content before she drew back and looked up at him, her blue eyes soft for the first time in a long time.
Mixedfur had winced at first, thinking that the queen was going to strike at him. But, instead she didn’t. She simply touched him gently, and tenderly, and his eyes clouded over in love. Those three words were what he needed in this time. This time where he felt down on himself, displeased with his actions. He could had cried in that moment, but he didn’t. Instead he returned her small affection, afraid that she would nip at him. He felt the tension between them, and decided that the less affection he gave her, the more happy she would be.

That’s all he wanted her to be. Is happy. The entire pregnancy was taking a toll on her, and he understood that well. However, he was excited about meeting his little kits. He couldn’t wait to shower them in love, and teach them new lessons. He couldn’t wait to play with them and take them around the territory. Bringing himself back to reality, the tom says, ‘’I love you too.’’ His voice was soft, frightened like. He knew he would always love her, no matter how aggressive this pregnancy was making her. Everything would be worth it in the end.

Her change of moods were completely confusing him. One point: she acts like she hates them. Next point: She blabbering that she loves him. Though Mixedfur preferred the later. As long as his mate loved him, then he would continue to dote on her. She was, after all, the best thing that walked into his life when everyone else seemed to walk away. Ferretblaze was always there though. She always had been, and he was thankful to have her around. Though he loved his mate and would come to her with any of his problems, he was proud to admit that he would go to Ferretblaze first. It was like a son going to his mother for advice, not his mate.

Mixedfur continued to lay close to her, moving a good distance from extreme personal space. He did not want to get his ears claws off if she decided that at the next second she would hate him. It was better to be safe than sorry, but he allowed his tail to faintly grace her side, so that she would know he wasn’t leaving. ‘’I’m sorry I’m not here every time you need me, but I’ll do better. I promise.’’ The tom replied while looking at the mouth of the den. His ears twitched at other animal sounds, but he made no movement. He was comfortable where he was, and across from them he eyed another queen, suckling her kits. She curled her tail around them, and looked up to see the mixed colored tom staring at her. She gave him a sweet smile, before she curled up herself, sleeping. Mixedfur tilted his head, embracing the sweet sight. Soon, he hoped that he would be able to walk into the nursery with Splashheart curled around their kits and a loving manner.
Old April 5th, 2017, 05:46 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

The tiny little calico maine coon, Lichenkit, rolled her eyes as her sister and brother Mossykit and Whisperkit. "Mommy, can I go play?" She squeaked, her pale green eyes glittering and putting on her adorable-kit face. Her mother, Minnowswim sighed, licked her kits head, and nodded. "Come on, Mossykit!" She squeaked to her brother, her sister Whisperkit was going to talk to the elders. Lichenkit pawed at her brother, a black and white tuxedo tom. Mossykit giggled and threw a paw at his sister as they went to find their father, Sunclaw.
Old April 8th, 2017, 09:04 PM
Friendly Coyote

My Mood: Inspired

@Nighty; @starfall @Spirit

(So sorry this is so late, been busy irl, also didn't know if you wanted mentioned, Spirit, so I did just in case :/)

Golden eyes darted across the nursery, hoping for any sign that the pain would stop. It figured that her first litter didn't seem to have a father, but with all the pain she felt, Birchstep figured her kits would also grow up not knowing who their mother is. 'No, you must keep going, Birchstep,' she thought to herself, hoping that she may live through this, and that her kits got out of her as fast as possible.

----

Panting, Birchstep lifted her head to gaze at her kits. The pain had finally subsided, and she could see her beautiful kits in the light shining through the nursery walls. She nudged a small kit with medium-length fur, licking her clean. "I think I'll name you Gracklekit," she said softly. She nuzzled the kit once more, then went to a kit as fluffy as Birchstep herself. "Poolkit will be your name," she said to the young she-cat. Sh cleaned the fluffy kit, then nuzzled her for a bit. "Lastly," she started, licking her final kit across the head. "you will be known as Otterkit." The blue aby looked like a small baby otter to the new-mother as she cleaned her off as well. Pride filled Birchstep as she finished naming her three kits, and she curled up around them, allowing them to feed.

----

Three moons passed since the birth of her kits, and Birchstep was restless. She wanted to go hunting with the other cats, but knew she had to stay with her kits. A part of her wished she would never have to leave them again, that they would stay as small as they were, but she knew that could never be. She would have to allow them to grow, especially if she wanted to hunt again herself.

--

Otterkit bounded toward her mother through the Nursery. The blue Abyssinian ran in circles around the other queens in the Nursery, careful not to step on tails or smaller kits, but reckless none-the-less. "Doesn't anybody want to play with me?" she asked as she neared her mother. Her ears were pinned in slight annoyance at her boredom.

Last edited by Teza; April 8th, 2017 at 09:05 PM.
Old April 10th, 2017, 01:11 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Quote:

Mixedfur had winced at first, thinking that the queen was going to strike at him. But, instead she didn’t. She simply touched him gently, and tenderly, and his eyes clouded over in love. Those three words were what he needed in this time. This time where he felt down on himself, displeased with his actions. He could had cried in that moment, but he didn’t. Instead he returned her small affection, afraid that she would nip at him. He felt the tension between them, and decided that the less affection he gave her, the more happy she would be.

That’s all he wanted her to be. Is happy. The entire pregnancy was taking a toll on her, and he understood that well. However, he was excited about meeting his little kits. He couldn’t wait to shower them in love, and teach them new lessons. He couldn’t wait to play with them and take them around the territory. Bringing himself back to reality, the tom says, ‘’I love you too.’’ His voice was soft, frightened like. He knew he would always love her, no matter how aggressive this pregnancy was making her. Everything would be worth it in the end.

Her change of moods were completely confusing him. One point: she acts like she hates them. Next point: She blabbering that she loves him. Though Mixedfur preferred the later. As long as his mate loved him, then he would continue to dote on her. She was, after all, the best thing that walked into his life when everyone else seemed to walk away. Ferretblaze was always there though. She always had been, and he was thankful to have her around. Though he loved his mate and would come to her with any of his problems, he was proud to admit that he would go to Ferretblaze first. It was like a son going to his mother for advice, not his mate.

Mixedfur continued to lay close to her, moving a good distance from extreme personal space. He did not want to get his ears claws off if she decided that at the next second she would hate him. It was better to be safe than sorry, but he allowed his tail to faintly grace her side, so that she would know he wasn’t leaving. ‘’I’m sorry I’m not here every time you need me, but I’ll do better. I promise.’’ The tom replied while looking at the mouth of the den. His ears twitched at other animal sounds, but he made no movement. He was comfortable where he was, and across from them he eyed another queen, suckling her kits. She curled her tail around them, and looked up to see the mixed colored tom staring at her. She gave him a sweet smile, before she curled up herself, sleeping. Mixedfur tilted his head, embracing the sweet sight. Soon, he hoped that he would be able to walk into the nursery with Splashheart curled around their kits and a loving manner.
Splashheart didnt miss the wince, and instead of feeling hurt, an amused expression flickered across her face. Her mate wasnt scared of her, she knew that, but he definitely was being cautious. Good. The last thing Splashheart wanted was to stay angry with him. And even with these moodswings, she still couldnt.

Splashheart shut her eyes as he returned the affection, for once since this had started feeling no annoyance toward it. Instead she welcomed it with a small purr deep in her chest, treasuring this moment. Because in the next heartbeat she could be as vicious as an angry as a fox.

Splashheart knew she was confusing the Tom. Heck, she was confusing herself. She didnt understand how these mood swings worked, how would she? She'd never been through this before. "I think this'll be our only litter," She commented quietly to her mate, ears flicking.

"Boy, isnt that good news." A familiar orange shape slid into the nursery, and Splashheart smiled slightly. It was Foxthorn, his green gaze glimmering as he smirked at his sister. He shook out his fur and padded forward, a vole clamped securely in his jaws.

"Brought you some food sis," He dropped the vole and looked down at the remains of the squirrel, ears flicking in amusement. "Oh. You've already eaten. Well then i'll just take the vole back and--"

"Uh, no," Splashheart clamped a paw down on the voles tail, glaring weakly up at her brother. "Im pregnant you moron, so im taking this and im eating it."

Foxthorn's whiskers quivered. "Feisty." He teased, stepping back when she lashed out at him, with her claws might I add. "Dang girl, trying to kill your favorite brother, how rude."

"Rowr." Splashheart bared her teeth mockingly before lowering her head, taking a huge bite of the vole.

"Grahr." Foxthorn growled back playfully, shaking his fur out again. He ignored Splashheart's glare and turned his attention to Mixedfur, whiskers twitching with amusement. "Is she like this all the time?" He asked, tipping his head faintly as Splashheart continued to glower in his direction between bites of the vole.

Forever...

Closed Thread