Last post by Kix
Today 04:40 PM
Evergreen Grotto
by Rose
Last post by Mica
Today 04:39 PM

Old July 31st, 2023, 06:04 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwynds View Post

yarrowcrest // he/him // 16 moons

---

By Starclan's good graces...

The young warrior was enjoying a moment of peace-- it wasn't very often that the camp was settled into such a quiet calm. Perhaps he had gotten too lost in thought, staring up at the beams that filtered through the leaves overhead, to notice the whirlwind that was bounding towards him. The call of his name nearly has him jumping out of his pelt, tail shooting straight up and claws unsheathing to stick uselessly into the dirt beneath his paws.

Oh, it was just Sparrowfur. Didn't she know better than to scare him like that by now?

In a fit of embarrassment, he goes about licking the fur on his chest flat, turning his head to look at her once she flops down beside him. Remember your manners, Yarrowcrest... Don't bat at her head in retaliation for scaring you...

"Right... What did you see?"

// @Roo_!

sparrowfur chuckled in good humor.
"sorry! forgot you're a scaredy-cat." she teased. "now i'm wondering if you even want to hear my amazing story, its pretty bloody. she smirked.

she found herself looking a bit too closely at her friend, though she quickly catches herself and turns her gaze elsewhere, waiting for his response

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!
Old July 31st, 2023, 06:11 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo_! View Post

sparrowfur chuckled in good humor.
"sorry! forgot you're a scaredy-cat." she teased. "now i'm wondering if you even want to hear my amazing story, its pretty bloody. she smirked.

she found herself looking a bit too closely at her friend, though she quickly catches herself and turns her gaze elsewhere, waiting for his response

---

"I am not a scaredy-cat..."

His words are accompanied by a pout, ears folding back to press against his head. Of course he knows she's just teasing but a little part of him took the teasing remark to heart. It wasn't his fault he was so jumpy! There were plenty of scary things out there! Regardless he recollects himself with a huff and a straightening of his posture.

"I'm sure I can handle it. It's not like I've never seen blood before, Sparrowfur. Come on, what did you see?"

// @Roo_!

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old July 31st, 2023, 06:24 PM

Quote:

---

"I am not a scaredy-cat..."

His words are accompanied by a pout, ears folding back to press against his head. Of course he knows she's just teasing but a little part of him took the teasing remark to heart. It wasn't his fault he was so jumpy! There were plenty of scary things out there! Regardless he recollects himself with a huff and a straightening of his posture.

"I'm sure I can handle it. It's not like I've never seen blood before, Sparrowfur. Come on, what did you see?"

// @Roo_!
sparrowfur help her head high and let her shoulder relax behind her, almost taking a "proper" stance before standing and opening her mouth

"dont say i didnt warn you.." she said with a sudden seriousness.

"i was out hunting, by myself like i usually do of course. i stalked quietly through the tall grass, i was tracking a bird so naturally i had to be quiet." she dropped her voice to a whisper, stalking around as she described her surroundings.
"it was a pretty normal day obviously, bright, quiet, but something felt.. off. i couldnt put my paw on it. i felt like something," she glanced over her shoulder "like something was watching me." she jumped over yarrowcrest "BAM!" she shouted as her paws hit the floor, "i caught my prey, but i just.. i couldnt shake the feeling. then--" she dropped her voice again "i heard it." she growled deep in her throat. "the loudest growl ive ever heard."
"i couldnt believe i didnt recognize the smell earlier! right there, standing about.." she backed in front of yarrowcrest about three tail lengths from his face "here, was the biggest, nastiest, smelliest dog i had ever seen." she paused for dramatic effect "and that wasnt even the worst part" she did her best to stifle her huge grin. she loved telling these sort of stories

Last edited by roo!; July 31st, 2023 at 06:25 PM.
Old July 31st, 2023, 06:42 PM
silly little guy

Quote:

sparrowfur help her head high and let her shoulder relax behind her, almost taking a "proper" stance before standing and opening her mouth

"dont say i didnt warn you.." she said with a sudden seriousness.

"i was out hunting, by myself like i usually do of course. i stalked quietly through the tall grass, i was tracking a bird so naturally i had to be quiet." she dropped her voice to a whisper, stalking around as she described her surroundings.
"it was a pretty normal day obviously, bright, quiet, but something felt.. off. i couldnt put my paw on it. i felt like something," she glanced over her shoulder "like something was watching me." she jumped over yarrowcrest "BAM!" she shouted as her paws hit the floor, "i caught my prey, but i just.. i couldnt shake the feeling. then--" she dropped her voice again "i heard it." she growled deep in her throat. "the loudest growl ive ever heard."
"i couldnt believe i didnt recognize the smell earlier! right there, standing about.." she backed in front of yarrowcrest about three tail lengths from his face "here, was the biggest, nastiest, smelliest dog i had ever seen." she paused for dramatic effect "and that wasnt even the worst part" she did her best to stifle her huge grin. she loved telling these sort of stories

---

At first he tries to appear disinterested. But these stories of hers never failed to enrapture him. From the commitment in her voice to the seriousness of her movements... It was like he was really there! Soon enough he watches her move about with wide, curious eyes of a kit taking their first steps from the nursery. There's not a moment in which his gaze wanders as he listens to her anxiety-inducing tale with rapt attention.

When she jumped over him and shouted, he was subconsciously leaning in, not at all expecting such a sudden change of pace. Once again his fur is stuck up in fear and his eyes are the size of saucers. And then that growl... Oh, how did she not run away immediately?! If it were him he would have high-tailed it out of there as quickly as his legs could carry him so he could report to Bumblestar! He hunkers down into a crouch, his tail wrapping around himself as means of reminding himself that no smelly dog was going to tear into camp right now.

"H-How could it get much worse?" He mews, ears again laying flat against his head. "That sounds so awful already..."

// @Roo_!

character bios.
Old July 31st, 2023, 06:56 PM

Quote:

---

At first he tries to appear disinterested. But these stories of hers never failed to enrapture him. From the commitment in her voice to the seriousness of her movements... It was like he was really there! Soon enough he watches her move about with wide, curious eyes of a kit taking their first steps from the nursery. There's not a moment in which his gaze wanders as he listens to her anxiety-inducing tale with rapt attention.

When she jumped over him and shouted, he was subconsciously leaning in, not at all expecting such a sudden change of pace. Once again his fur is stuck up in fear and his eyes are the size of saucers. And then that growl... Oh, how did she not run away immediately?! If it were him he would have high-tailed it out of there as quickly as his legs could carry him so he could report to Bumblestar! He hunkers down into a crouch, his tail wrapping around himself as means of reminding himself that no smelly dog was going to tear into camp right now.

"H-How could it get much worse?" He mews, ears again laying flat against his head. "That sounds so awful already..."

// @Roo_!

she smiles sort of crookedly,
hes looks just like a little kit. kinda sweet. but quickly shoves the thought deep down in her subconscious to be dealt with at a later date

"hanging from its terrible jaw was a badger," she paused, taking a step closer. "and from that badgers terrible jaw was a hawk," she took another step "and from that hawks terrible beak was the creepiest fish youve ever seen." she gave yarrowcrest her best impression of a dead fish stare. "it stared me down as the dog stomped by. thank starclan the thing didnt notice me, or else you wouldnt be able to hear this terrific story." she once again flopped down next to him.
"i was one twig snap away from dying so young and innocent" now she was milking it, dramatically pushing herself into yarrowcrest as if she felt faint.
"imagine how bored you would be! without your dear friend sparrowfur to drag you out to gatherings and to, starclan forbid, socialize!" she jokingly shuddered at the word, turning with yet another wide grin.

Old July 31st, 2023, 07:23 PM
silly little guy

Quote:

she smiles sort of crookedly,
hes looks just like a little kit. kinda sweet. but quickly shoves the thought deep down in her subconscious to be dealt with at a later date

"hanging from its terrible jaw was a badger," she paused, taking a step closer. "and from that badgers terrible jaw was a hawk," she took another step "and from that hawks terrible beak was the creepiest fish youve ever seen." she gave yarrowcrest her best impression of a dead fish stare. "it stared me down as the dog stomped by. thank starclan the thing didnt notice me, or else you wouldnt be able to hear this terrific story." she once again flopped down next to him.
"i was one twig snap away from dying so young and innocent" now she was milking it, dramatically pushing herself into yarrowcrest as if she felt faint.
"imagine how bored you would be! without your dear friend sparrowfur to drag you out to gatherings and to, starclan forbid, socialize!" she jokingly shuddered at the word, turning with yet another wide grin.

---

As the description went on and on... And on... The less he actually believed this one. Part of him didn't think something so dreadful could even be possible! And the other part isn't sure that any cat could possibly think up something so dreadful. Light blue eyes begin to water over the more she talks. Is he scared of the terrible dog or having possibly lost his friend?

"S-Sparrowfur, don't talk like that!"

The image manifests in his own brain and with a pathetic squeak he presses his face into her flank as if that was going to save himself from the dog carrying a badger carrying a hawk carrying a fish.

"It's not funny... I'm glad it didn't see you or smell you. That vicious thing could have made crow food of you!"

A shudder runs through his frame just thinking about going out on patrol and finding... Don't think too hard about it, Yarrowcrest. You don't want to actually start crying-- she'd probably tease you for that, too!

// @Roo_!

character bios.
Old July 31st, 2023, 07:51 PM

Quote:

---

As the description went on and on... And on... The less he actually believed this one. Part of him didn't think something so dreadful could even be possible! And the other part isn't sure that any cat could possibly think up something so dreadful. Light blue eyes begin to water over the more she talks. Is he scared of the terrible dog or having possibly lost his friend?

"S-Sparrowfur, don't talk like that!"

The image manifests in his own brain and with a pathetic squeak he presses his face into her flank as if that was going to save himself from the dog carrying a badger carrying a hawk carrying a fish.

"It's not funny... I'm glad it didn't see you or smell you. That vicious thing could have made crow food of you!"

A shudder runs through his frame just thinking about going out on patrol and finding... Don't think too hard about it, Yarrowcrest. You don't want to actually start crying-- she'd probably tease you for that, too!

// @Roo_!

sparrowfur blinked surprised. she hadnt really thought this is how he'd react. immediately she felt a wave of guilt wash over her.

"yarrowcrest.. oh yarrowcrest im sorry." she says softly, "it was just a story thats all! it really wasnt even that bad.." she maybe have over dramaticized some minor details but she herself didnt stop to think how dangerous the situation really was.

"i dont know why i thought it would make a good story.." she admitted. "i didnt really mean to scare you. please dont be upset." she sinks down closer to him, her ears flattened against her head embarrassedly. she clears her throat and smiles a bit to lighten the mood "you dont really think you could get rid of me that easily did you?" she says gently.

Old July 31st, 2023, 08:06 PM
silly little guy

Quote:

sparrowfur blinked surprised. she hadnt really thought this is how he'd react. immediately she felt a wave of guilt wash over her.

"yarrowcrest.. oh yarrowcrest im sorry." she says softly, "it was just a story thats all! it really wasnt even that bad.." she maybe have over dramaticized some minor details but she herself didnt stop to think how dangerous the situation really was.

"i dont know why i thought it would make a good story.." she admitted. "i didnt really mean to scare you. please dont be upset." she sinks down closer to him, her ears flattened against her head embarrassedly. she clears her throat and smiles a bit to lighten the mood "you dont really think you could get rid of me that easily did you?" she says gently.

---

Yarrowcrest wasn't upset with her. No, no, he was more so upset with the thought of losing her. It made for a good scary story-- he could admit that. But the visage of such a bloodied, vicious creature looming over the she-cat... It really shook him to his core! One of these days the story he was going to be told was something bad happening, from someone else... Then what would he do? Who else could replace his dear friend? He's not sure if there was a single other cat in all of Thunderclan that was as special to him as she... Was...

... What was he thinking?

With a shaky sigh, he picks his head up and stares over at her with bleary eyes and a small smile. Why was he dwelling on these fears right now, anyway? She was here right now. He lifts a paw and bats at her snout playfully, a look of mock frustration on his face.

"Mousebrain... I think you just wanted me cower like a kit for fun! Not funny!"

// @Roo_!

character bios.
Old July 31st, 2023, 08:15 PM

Quote:

---

Yarrowcrest wasn't upset with her. No, no, he was more so upset with the thought of losing her. It made for a good scary story-- he could admit that. But the visage of such a bloodied, vicious creature looming over the she-cat... It really shook him to his core! One of these days the story he was going to be told was something bad happening, from someone else... Then what would he do? Who else could replace his dear friend? He's not sure if there was a single other cat in all of Thunderclan that was as special to him as she... Was...

... What was he thinking?

With a shaky sigh, he picks his head up and stares over at her with bleary eyes and a small smile. Why was he dwelling on these fears right now, anyway? She was here right now. He lifts a paw and bats at her snout playfully, a look of mock frustration on his face.

"Mousebrain... I think you just wanted me cower like a kit for fun! Not funny!"

// @Roo_!

sparrowfur smiled and let him swat at her face, relieved at his mood change. she hadnt thought about how mean that story could seem, to her it was more than cool. heroic almost-- but she failed to realize how yarrowcrest would take it. she was a mousebrain.. of course yarrowcrest would want her safety more than her exciting stories! its yarrowcrest!

"oh come on you know i didnt mean it." she smiled "and its only a little funny, if that helps." she joked.

Old July 31st, 2023, 08:28 PM
silly little guy

Quote:

sparrowfur smiled and let him swat at her face, relieved at his mood change. she hadnt thought about how mean that story could seem, to her it was more than cool. heroic almost-- but she failed to realize how yarrowcrest would take it. she was a mousebrain.. of course yarrowcrest would want her safety more than her exciting stories! its yarrowcrest!

"oh come on you know i didnt mean it." she smiled "and its only a little funny, if that helps." she joked.

---

Lucky for him he didn't actually start crying. He was rather proud of himself, seeing as he definitely felt the urge coming on! Gingerly he licks at a paw and uses it to rub at his face as if he's willing the lingering feeling away by force.

"I don't think it's funny at all." He huffs, shooting her a sour look. Or as sour a look he could manage, anyway. "Do you think it's gone, though? The dog? If I go to hunt myself something shortly I don't think I would survive that encounter..."

// @Roo_!

character bios.

Last edited by silver.; July 31st, 2023 at 08:28 PM.