Today 06:43 PM

Old September 1st, 2023, 12:59 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ShadowClan Leader's Den

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T1)

Having something to talk to the clan's leader about, Darkfall was sitting outside of the den. "Dawnstar, may I come in? I wish to discuss something with you," the dark-furred warrior called. He'd been preparing sometime to come to Dawnstar to pitch this idea, and now, he finally felt like he was ready. Today was the day. He'd tell her he wanted to challenge for a spot to become an enforcer.

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old September 1st, 2023, 01:11 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Sunsetpaw**
@Undertaker

Making her way, deliberately one step at a time, up to the elusive den she knew to house the only Miss Star she'd decided mattered to her, her mind remained curiously blank. She didn't have a plan nor did she have any motives, at least none she could think of, or cared to consider. For reasons she couldn't completely explain, it felt logical to bring the leader something, and now she had something. The sparrow had meant something to her in her short life so simply throwing its hunted and partially plucked body onto the freshkill pile felt...unjust. If it was to be eaten, then who better than by the very Miss Star herself? And the feathers, the distinctive white spot among all the brown feathers, had always struck her so it felt good that they'd be going to Miss Star.

She stopped at the entrance and cleared her throat, displacing some of the downy parts of the feathers that had made their way further over her tongue. "Mith Thar?" she attempted to mew through her mouthful of feathers and sparrow. She waited for any form of response before bounding in unreserved. Sunsetpaw set the sparrow and plucked white and brown feathers down in a heap on the den floor then sat down, puffing out her chest and smiling proudly. "I caught it, I did! Yep Yep. And the feathers are real neat, yes? So I can give them to you!"

The gray and white apprentice paused a moment but her head cocked and she looked down at the sparrow. A sudden though crossed her mind, the flat cat at the gathering, pelt. How had that happened? Her pale blue eyes moved back up to Dawnstar, her head cocking curiously. "Can it be turned into a flat bird? Like that cat at the gathering had been made into a flat cat? Or is that just a cat thing?"

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old September 4th, 2023, 06:46 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Exclamation Re: ShadowClan Leader's Den

Branching out from his routine was always a strange experience for him. Before the creation of the Covenant, he preferred to focus his attention on his Clan alone. But recent times called for a stronger intervention, and with that he found a spark of glee as simple conversations ignited into something more.

Acutely, he was aware not much came of it directly. But he was never one to squander the opportunities presented to him, so here he was. In the depths of dark dreams, the shadow of crackling flames. Though the foundation was stone, the hay and wood of the Waterbarn were ablaze in orange - smoke nearly obscured still forms on the soot-struck floor. A keen eye could glimpse golden fur through burning boards, departing from the back of the barn - a suspect.

A hazy memory of an infamous day, where Vulturekit and his sister Dewkit were ruthlessly burned alive.

He did not reveal himself, but his voice echoes through the flames. "The stars have left you in the dark for too long, and you are without justice. Windystar's deceit was at the expense of the wrong Clan: cast your sight to the river."

The fire would melt away, leaving Dawnstar to her devices.

[ @Undertaker ]

Last edited by BEAR.; September 4th, 2023 at 11:54 PM.
Old September 5th, 2023, 04:37 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
She grunts softly, flexing her long, curved claws as they stab themselves into the ground when she stretches. Dawnstar scowled gently, nearly forgetting that she had given Nighthound the task of assessing Sagechaser with all the commotion that had been going on with ThunderClan. With a firm shake of her immense body, Dawnstar straightened herself and answered. "Come on in, Nighthound." Dawnstar doubted this would be a long talk with the Enforcer. "So how'd it go?"

NIGHTHOUND
He/Him - ShadowClan Enforcer
No Current Purrks

Upon receiving permission to enter, he shouldered his way into the den and stood in front of Dawnstar. He was not silent for long, opening his mouth to speak soon after his leader had asked her question.

"Sagechaser did exceptionally well during the examination. He was able to hold his own despite the strong disadvantages he had. He had even been able to catch me off guard and knock me to the ground, which was pleasantly surprising," the Enforcer explained, giving a curt nod to punctuate his words. All in all, he thought that the young warrior passed his examination.

Finished explaining, he awaited to see if Dawnstar had anything to say in response. Perhaps, if she had nothing else, he would briefly speak of his plan for the guards before leaving. Given that both Sorrelflare and Grapevine were gone, he needed to look into getting a few more sets of paws to replace them. He could only handle so many sleepless nights in a row.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old September 5th, 2023, 05:31 PM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Vixensnarl
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

Padding toward the mouth of Dawnstar's den, the Enforcer took a deep breath and steeled her nerves. She new the leader would prefer Vixensnarl come to her and speak about it than force Dawnstar's paw later.

"Dawnstar? If you're free there's something I would like to discuss with you."

@Undertaker
Old September 5th, 2023, 06:02 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Larkfire
She/Her | Shadow Fiend & Beefed Up (T1) Purrk

"A great many things." Truth. With those simple words, Larkfire picked up the rabbit in her jaws once more and slid into the den, nudging the piece of prey towards her mother with a white-tipped paw. "You don't have to get up." Those words spoken, Larkfire situated herself not far off, lowering into a loaf and idly wrapping her tail around her midsection. Her mind skimmed cheerily over the unfortunately lengthy list of things she needed to report.

Eyeing the leader cautiously, Larkfire inclined her head towards the rabbit. "Dogpaw caught that." She mused conversationally. "I was with him. On patrol. Elmshadow's prize son has a knack for hunting. I've been watching him, he brings back almost five pieces of prey every time he's sent out with someone." Truth. The youngest enforcer clicked her tongue, gaze fixed on the entrance, and then glanced sidelong at Dawnstar again. "I gave him his final assessment. He passed." The start of a small frown tilted the corners of her mouth downward, though. "We ran into a badger while I was assessing him, Dogpaw and I. Fought it, killed it, disposed of it. Even though he lost his tail, half of his face, to a dog, it hasn't hindered any of his skills." Unconsciously, Larkfire lifted a paw to rub irritably at the angry, messy scar on her chest, as if she could still feel the badger's phantom claws digging into her fur there. "He's fit for Clan life."

Amber eyes focused on what was in front of her again, the den wall opposite of her. "Mousepaw. I took his assessment as well. He passed." A wry smile tilted the corners of her mouth upward at the memory. "Would have beat me and won, too, had I not called the assessment to an end because he'd already exceeded expectations." Once more, her attention flitted back to the leader beside her, gauging Dawnstar's expression. "Mousepaw is a good kid. He's loyal to ShadowClan beyond measure." Truth.

Well. The good news was over. Larkfire's mouth straightened into a thin line. Funny, how over the moons she'd come to think of herself as Larkfire instead of as just Lark. It had been a hard habit to grow out of, but she found that she used just Lark to refer to herself less and less. "Starlingheart." Larkfire grimaced at the mention of the young warrior she'd given multiple lessons to. "Dogpaw and I found..." Larkfire cringed slightly, bile rising in her throat. "We found their head. Just the head. Tossed over the border in a bush. Properly disposed of that too so more predators don't come sniffing around, but I just thought you'd want to know."

Predators, predators, predators. Everything was a threat. Especially to her, especially now that... Was she to mention it? Was she to... No, not yet. It'd place a hindrance in the request she'd come to ask on. Cougarivy was bound to be displeased if she was denied a second challenge. Too jarring a truth. Too new. Too shocking to know how it'd be recieved. Amber hues drifted to Dawnstar, and then flicked away again, jaw clenched. Larkfire was a fool, a hopeless one. She had been a fool as a kitten and was still a fool now; yearning for approval from someone who didn't, and never would, care.

"Batstorm. Gone." She said instead, voice gruff. She felt it, then. The tension in her body, coiling tightly around her as she moved on to this safer topic instead of breaching the other one first. Did she really care so much, what Dawnstar would think? Yes, she decided after a moment. Yes, because that little kitten she'd been would never go away. Not truly. That hopeless part of her mind had just replaced Fablespinner with Dawnstar, just like it'd refused to accept Dappledleaf. "Batstorm came to me after he was named. Told me that you'd given him a timeframe to improve his skills. And I did help him, for one lesson. Told him to work on his skills, but when I came around again for the second lesson he wasn't anywhere to be seen." The lithe female shrugged. It wasn't her problem, not fully.

Then came. . . a tougher subject, one Larkfire was uncertain the response to would be. "The other enforcers." Lie. Not all of them. She frowned again as she twisted to face her mother, lifting a paw to scratch at her own nicked ear. "Okay, I'll be straight, the rest are mostly fine. Mainly Vixensnarl." Larkfire shot Dawnstar a cautious glance, voice flat. "I've barely seen Vixensnarl around recently. Could've sworn she'd been missing if I hadn't caught a glimpse of her once or twice." The female shifted, sighing softly. "Do with that what you will, but if the Enforcers are meant to be ShadowClan's elite, Vixensnarl is falling behind. Hawkbite is doing well, as far as I've seen. Nighthound.. perhaps he needs a reminder to show face more often. Cougarivy, I have no complaints."

That having been said, Larkfire blinked at Dawnstar, amber hues bright. "One more thing." Lie. One of the only lies she'd said so far. She actually had two more things to say, but that depended on her mother's response. Aaaand.. well, it was hard to ignore the nerves she felt for the second information drop. "I want to challenge Cougarivy for her Commander rank." The words were careful, cautious. Larkfire didn't even dare look away from Dawnstar as she said them. Despite herself, her eyes gleamed with quiet anticipation. "Not for the sake of winning, actually. I don't care whether I win or lose. If I win, then wonderful. If I lose, nothing'll stop me from getting back up, dusting myself off, and trying again. I know Cougarivy won't mind. She was... let's say, disappointed when Mirehound was never able to go through with her challenge, so why not I ease that?" Larkfire tipped her head to the side. "I'm not going in solely for winning, or for ambition. Just for sparring practice, just for the Clan to witness a spectacle, just to satisfy Cougarivy's whims. I don't see anything lacking in her commandership." Her gaze alighted on Dawnstar, and Larkfire stilled, going silent as she waited for a response.

"He's resilient and dedicated, that's wonderful. I look forward to holding his ceremony at the next meeting." Dawnstar replied to the bit about Dogpaw. Sh had been wondering if that one would have to be thrown into the elder's den when he had been first brought back. Thanks to the useless lump of fur...
The fact that Dogpaw exceeded her expectations and passed his assessment was certainly something to celebrate. Hopefully, he'd be an inspiration to ShadowClan's more lackluster apprentices. The news about the badger was concerning, although she was glad to see the damage was minimal and the threat gone, she'd have to remind the clan to keep an eye out for the badgers just in case there was more than one lurking around.

"I had my doubts about Mousepaw, he's passionate and hardworking clearly. He has a type of drive I haven't seen in a while and could certainly be considered one of ShadowClan's best apprentices. However, he seems to hold this type of innocence unfit for a member of a ShadowClan. Yet you said his loyalty knows no bounds. I'm interested in seeing how true that is." Dawnstar grinned thoughtfully. "Either way he'll make a great warrior for ShadowClan, he's quite fond of you. Keep him close and keep that bond strong." Whether Mousepaw learned and accepted ShadowClan's viciousness or not didn't matter to Dawnstar. Strong warriors needed to be tethered to her clan and Larkfire was that tether. True kinship was fleeting.

The mood slightly shifted as her daughter shifted into more upsetting news. Batstorm and Starlingheart gone. The leader's hackles rose and her tail bristled as she silently seethed about the loss of two new warriors. One couldn't be helped, although she wanted to know who and what in the world was able to sever the head from the body. It was no easy feat tearing through all those muscles and bones... it could be a predator but seemed very unlikely.

Since Larkfire neglected to add where she found it or if there was any scent attached to it. Dawnstar was going to assume that there was none and it was found in the territory, it wasn't like Larkire to leave out important details. Damn it! This was infuriating. Dawnstar's tail slapped against the floor as she dropped her fiery amber eyes to her paws for a moment as she tried not to take out her temper on her daughter.

"Well, it's not the greatest news at least I won't need to wonder where they are now. You've been working hard, showing far more promise than the others. I appreciate it, great work." Dawnstar sank her claws into the sand flooring anger still pulsing through her body. However, the sincerity in her voice remained unmistakable as she lifted her head to meet Larkfire's eyes. The way she dropped her gaze and clenched her jaw was intriguing. Dawnstar didn't know what it was but she was sure if it was important the she-cat would share it with her.

At the request to challenge Cougarivy for her rank, Dawnstar scowled. There was this sense of pride swelling within her hearing that her daughter had proper ambitions but it was mixed with a hint of discontent. At least until Larkfire further explained where this desire was coming from. The scowl vanished replaced with a smirk of amusement. "So you simply want to test your skill and give Cougarivy someone to play with while entertaining the clan." Dawnstar was certainly on board with this plan of action.

A number of her Enforcers were becoming unfit for their position. Vixensnarl, she barely saw anymore but Dawnstar assumed it had something to do with Ivysnake's death. It seemed to dishearten her far more than expected. Dawnstar wouldn't say that she wasn't hurt by her daughter's death, but she had done the depression or brooding thing when she lost Roanpaw and it nearly broke her. She's never felt so bad about something before, she refused to go through that again. It was simply easier to allow anger to express what little affection she showed for those she considered kin. Mourning as Vixensnarl was doing would just hurt the clan and dishonor Ivysnake's memory.

"I'll allow it, it will be a good show for the clan and a way for you to improve your skill," Dawnstar told Larkfire. Dawnstar hadn't actually sparred with Larkfire before, she might have to try and do that in the near future if allowed. She didn't think Larkfire would beat Cougarivy, but has always loved a good surprise. Larkfire's been stepping up and proving herself. She felt a little uncomfortable thinking about Dapplewing, but in truth, Dawnstar was glad that Larkfire had been adopted into her family. She had talent and potential to be great, Dawnstar just hoped she didn't waste it like Dawnstar's other kits had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkclaws View Post
Darkfall

Having something to talk to the clan's leader about, Darkfall was sitting outside of the den. "Dawnstar, may I come in? I wish to discuss something with you," the dark-furred warrior called. He'd been preparing sometime to come to Dawnstar to pitch this idea, and now, he finally felt like he was ready. Today was the day. He'd tell her he wanted to challenge for a spot to become an enforcer.

Dawnstar swung her head to the opening of her den at the call. Darkfall. He had shown promise as an apprentice, a little soft, but nothing to concern her. But naturally, all her expectations sunk when he went missing, abandoning the clan for his apprentice. Which might have seemed noble if he hadn't been abandoning his duty to his clan. She liked his dedication but needed to start prioritizing better. But since their talk, it seemed like he was trying. She's been seeing him around a lot more and he's certainly been doing his best to make up for his absence. She wasn't sore about his mistake since he was doing what he could to rectify it. Proving he was still a loyal warrior to ShadowClan. Still, she hoped whatever he was coming to pester her about was serious. "Enter." The Queen replied yawning as she slowly sat up in her nest. "What is it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitou View Post
**Sunsetpaw**
@Undertaker

Making her way, deliberately one step at a time, up to the elusive den she knew to house the only Miss Star she'd decided mattered to her, her mind remained curiously blank. She didn't have a plan nor did she have any motives, at least none she could think of, or cared to consider. For reasons she couldn't completely explain, it felt logical to bring the leader something, and now she had something. The sparrow had meant something to her in her short life so simply throwing its hunted and partially plucked body onto the freshkill pile felt...unjust. If it was to be eaten, then who better than by the very Miss Star herself? And the feathers, the distinctive white spot among all the brown feathers, had always struck her so it felt good that they'd be going to Miss Star.

She stopped at the entrance and cleared her throat, displacing some of the downy parts of the feathers that had made their way further over her tongue. "Mith Thar?" she attempted to mew through her mouthful of feathers and sparrow. She waited for any form of response before bounding in unreserved. Sunsetpaw set the sparrow and plucked white and brown feathers down in a heap on the den floor then sat down, puffing out her chest and smiling proudly. "I caught it, I did! Yep Yep. And the feathers are real neat, yes? So I can give them to you!"

The gray and white apprentice paused a moment but her head cocked and she looked down at the sparrow. A sudden though crossed her mind, the flat cat at the gathering, pelt. How had that happened? Her pale blue eyes moved back up to Dawnstar, her head cocking curiously. "Can it be turned into a flat bird? Like that cat at the gathering had been made into a flat cat? Or is that just a cat thing?"

Golden-hued eyes swerved in the direction of the noise as the dark leader paused in her groom to see who was interrupting her. Her nose twitched as the scent of fresh kill caught her attention. The one standing at the mouth of her den was a welp recently turned apprentice and one of Elmshadow's kin. The one he so convinely named after his deceased daughter. Dawnstar has and never would completely trust Sunsetthorn, but that distrust didn't extend to her offspring. That leader wasn't that closed-minded. Even though she wore her mother's name, Sunsetpaw and Sunsetthorn were two different individuals. Dawnstar simply hoped that she proved stronger than her mother.

"Come." The huge she-cat demands, giving her hind leg a few more sift licks before setting it down and giving the apprentice her full attention. As soon as the paw dropped the bird and started talking Dawnstar slowly blinked her eyes. ShadowClan has so many cheery innocent apprentices, it was always strange to her since she heard so many cats complain about how disturbing her clan was and how tyrannical she was. It was obvious that Dawnstar wasn't oppressing enough to take the joy out of being young and sunny yet.

Having gotten used to indulging in these weird merry apprentices if she thought of them as furballs, Dawnstar simply sighed. "Catching birds isn't easy, you must be a skilled hunter." Dawnstar commented, pleased to hear that Sunsetpaw was actually being taught. "Well, thanks for the thought. You're the second cat to ever bring me something to eat. I'll add the feathers to my nest or take them to the nursery later."

In a true furball fashion instead of leaving, the paw changed the topic to something else. Something Dawnstar had to sit silently and try to decipher cause she had no clue what Sunsetpaw was speaking about. "A flat bird, flat cat at the gathering?" She grumbled under her breath tipping her head puzzled. It took a long second for her brain to supply her with an answer. "Are you talking about the pelt? Like those?" Dawnstar waved her tail towards the back of her den where her favorite pelts resided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
Branching out from his routine was always a strange experience for him. Before the creation of the Covenant, he preferred to focus his attention on his Clan alone. But recent times called for a stronger intervention, and with that he found a spark of glee as simple conversations ignited into something more.

Acutely, he was aware not much came of it directly. But he was never one to squander the opportunities presented to him, so here he was. In the depths of dark dreams, the shadow of crackling flames. Though the foundation was stone, the hay and wood of the Waterbarn were ablaze in orange - smoke nearly obscured still forms on the soot-struck floor. A keen eye could glimpse golden fur through burning boards, departing from the back of the barn - a suspect.

A hazy memory of an infamous day, where Vulturekit and his sister Dewkit were ruthlessly burned alive.

He did not reveal himself, but his voice echoes through the flames. "The stars have left you in the dark for too long, and you are without justice. Windystar's deceit was at the expense of the wrong Clan: cast your sight to the river."

The fire would melt away, leaving Dawnstar to her devices.

[ @Undertaker ]

So dreams, she didn't get them much, nightmares were more normal with her type of mental space. Still, this dream was quite vivid and rather bothersome. The fire, the barn, the smoke, the bodies, those were all familiar something she was used to seeing here and there in nightmares. Memories reminded her to never allow ShadowClan to be that weak again. Her nightmares were internal fuel that kept her from even thinking about wavering from the path she had built for ShadowClan.

However, this nightmare proved different. The voice and words, echoed in the base of their skull like an unwanted headache even after her eyelids peeled themselves open. "The stars have left you in the dark for too long, and you are without justice. Windystar's deceit was at the expense of the wrong Clan: cast your sight to the river." Dawnstar repeated the words as she lifted her chin off her front paws.

It started out as a giggle and slowly developed into full-body shaking laughter. "Oh wow, this is grand." The leader spoke as if there was someone with her. Dawnstar gave a luxurious stretch with a large fanged grin that stretched itself across her mouth "I can't tell if you've grown bored and simply want to mess with me, or what. But I find it irksome after seasons and seasons you suddenly decide to speak about the burning..." Dawnstar shook her head and giggled manically again.

"This is one of the many reasons no one respects you dead asses anymore! The fact that it took so long for you to speak... or better yet you decided to speak to me at all tells me that you want me to become a pawn in some mindless game you've cooked up. This isn't for me or ShadowClan or justice, selfish foxhearts. You're baiting me, and I utterly loathe that it's working."Her amusement abruptly turned into burning anger. She didn't care who it wasn't Dawnstar hated being anyone's pawn.

"I'll play but I'm doing this at my own pace and time I've prior business to take care of. I'll give you your entertainment or whatever it is you're looking for. Hopefully, I amuse you as much as you've pissed me off." Whoever it was was rather wicked, they watched her terrorize those poor bunnies forever and didn't even think to speak up. But the clans were simply here for the dead's amusement so she wasn't sure what she was expecting.

Dawnstar figured she could be dancing to someone else's tune, manipulated and being lied to, but she didn't really care. It's not like this was going to hurt her in the end and ShadowClan could add charred fish as a side dish after they were through with the squirrels. She should make sure that she's got this correct though, time to gather the others.

Quote:

NIGHTHOUND
He/Him - ShadowClan Enforcer
No Current Purrks

Upon receiving permission to enter, he shouldered his way into the den and stood in front of Dawnstar. He was not silent for long, opening his mouth to speak soon after his leader had asked her question.

"Sagechaser did exceptionally well during the examination. He was able to hold his own despite the strong disadvantages he had. He had even been able to catch me off guard and knock me to the ground, which was pleasantly surprising," the Enforcer explained, giving a curt nod to punctuate his words. All in all, he thought that the young warrior passed his examination.

Finished explaining, he awaited to see if Dawnstar had anything to say in response. Perhaps, if she had nothing else, he would briefly speak of his plan for the guards before leaving. Given that both Sorrelflare and Grapevine were gone, he needed to look into getting a few more sets of paws to replace them. He could only handle so many sleepless nights in a row.

Intense amber eyes focused on the dark tabby as he entered the den. He seemed to understand that she didn't like to be kept waiting and quickly gave his report. Her fierce scowl lightened a tad as he explained how Sagechaser's assessment had gone. "Great, so he can hold his own a fight. Well, it's one less thing I have to worry about." Dawnstar didn't like the idea of demoting a new warrior back to apprentice, it would be demoralizing for the clan. So she was glad that her concerns about Sagechaser were put to rest. "Anything else to add?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian View Post
╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Vixensnarl
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

Padding toward the mouth of Dawnstar's den, the Enforcer took a deep breath and steeled her nerves. She new the leader would prefer Vixensnarl come to her and speak about it than force Dawnstar's paw later.

"Dawnstar? If you're free there's something I would like to discuss with you."

@Undertaker

Ah, it seemed like her absent daughter had returned. Dawnstar saw so little of Vixensnarl these days she might as well as been missing. Just as everyone before her that fire that had once burned brightly had finally met its match and was dimming day by day. Vixensnarl had no drive anymore. It was disheartening to see, but Dawnstar was slowly getting used to it. "Come in," Dawnstar ordered, silently guessing what this conversation was going to be about.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old September 5th, 2023, 07:37 PM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Darkfall

Upon being prompted, the large black tabby padded a couple of steps into the den. He couldn’t help but notice the new pelts that littered its floor since the last time he had been in here. Okay wait, he was getting distracted.

Sitting down, Darkfall wrapped his tail around his large paws and fixed his bright blue gaze onto the hulking form of the leader. ”I plan to keep this short, so as not to take up too much of your time,” he began, licking a paw and batting at his torn ear. ”I've noticed that some of our enforcers haven’t been keeping up with their responsibilities lately.” There was no need to lie, Vixensnarl had been very MIA for a while now and he had noticed. Out of all of the enforcers, she, along with Cougarivy we’re the only ones left from when he was an apprentice all those moons ago. He respected that. Being able to maintain a position like that in this clan so full of death and violence.

Taking a deep breath he confirmed his resolve with himself before speaking ”I’d like to challenge Vixensnarl for her spot as an enforcer.” If you had asked the tom even just a few moons ago if he’d challenge someone, specifically Vixensnarl, for their spot as an enforcer, he’d have said he’d never dream of it. Darkfall had originally been fine with waiting for his turn, but lately he felt a strong desire to prove himself. Not just to the clan, or to Dawnstar, but also to Larkfire and to himself. He wanted to show that he was not only dedicated to his clan after his prior incident, but also show how much he’d been improving. All of those hard nights sneaking off and training alone were finally going to be put to the test. Or so he hoped, he still wasn’t even sure if Dawnstar would allow the challenge.

He scanned the leader’s face for any sort of hint as to what she’d say next.

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old September 5th, 2023, 08:58 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Sunsetpaw**
@Undertaker

The young apprentice beamed, puffing her chest at Miss Star's praise. She hadn't thought catching the bird was all that much better than any other prey but it had been her first true catch after her other misses out in the territory so she was proud of it nonetheless. Hearing that Miss Star was even more impressed by what it was unlocked a whole new set of questions, curiosities, and possibly ambitions than she'd known before. Her paws itched with the desire to go hunting again to see what all these differences were that Miss Star seemed to see. But then her mind shot back to the present, Miss Star's den, more praise? "Nobody brings you something to eat? We get brought stuff to eat in the nursery all the time...Oh," she wasn't in the nursery anymore and it suddenly occurred to her that nobody brought anything to eat into the apprentice den either. Her head cocked as her stream of consciousness derailed once more. She ended up shrugging then refocused on Miss Star, her pale blue eyes brightening as her mind left the last puzzlement behind her and moved on to the next matter. Her eyes moved with Miss Star's tail motion to the other flat cats scattered about the den. Her eyes widened in amazement. How had she missed all of the many flat cats?! She was quiet a moment longer as she took in the many colors and lengths and sizes all around her before landing again on Miss Star, "A pelt! Yes, yes! A pelt. Can the bird be a pelt, too? Or is it just cats that make pelts? How does it become a pelt?" There were pelts everywhere so the hope grew inside of her that Miss Star would surely be able to teach her how to make a pelt. The only thing that could dampen the mood momentarily would be if Miss Star said that only cats could become pelts. Then she'd have to wait for a cat that could become flat to learn how it was done.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old September 9th, 2023, 01:37 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Larkfire

"Thank you. I'll let Cougarivy know." While Larkfire was enthusiastic about gaining Dawnstar's approval and go-ahead for the Enforcer challenge, she was still slightly hesitant on a different note. She couldn't very well not tell her mother the... other news and just pretend all was fine and dandy. She couldn't pretend Dawnstar wouldn't have an opinion on the matter.

"Both of them." She said after a moment, switching topics. "Both Dogpaw and Mousepaw have shown rapid improvement and involvement in ShadowClan."[/b] She canted her head to the side. "I just mean, if you're looking for new enforcers, those two are pretty good members of our Clan. Even if they are young." Her mouth twisted into a wry smile. "I guess I wouldn't have to be the baby enforcer anymore, then."

Letting out a quiet exhale, and eyeing the untouched rabbit at Dawnstar's paws with mild curiosity, Larkfire parted her maw to speak again. "Shadefrost, too. He's an active member of ShadowClan, and even while he gets on every last nerve of mine and is a little too prone to immediate violence, I still believe he's loyal and hard-working enough to meet the enforcer meter."

Finally, finally, the lithe grey female lifted her eyes back to meet her mother's gaze. "That rabbit isn't poisoned, by the way. If that's what you were waiting for." She should have grimaced at the callousness of her words, but hey, Larkfire was pretty sure her leader preferred to be straight forward. "And. Something I thought you should know anyway. I'm expecting kits."

[ @Undertaker - Dawnstar ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.
Old September 13th, 2023, 06:27 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkclaws View Post
Darkfall

Upon being prompted, the large black tabby padded a couple of steps into the den. He couldn’t help but notice the new pelts that littered its floor since the last time he had been in here. Okay wait, he was getting distracted.

Sitting down, Darkfall wrapped his tail around his large paws and fixed his bright blue gaze onto the hulking form of the leader. ”I plan to keep this short, so as not to take up too much of your time,” he began, licking a paw and batting at his torn ear. ”I've noticed that some of our enforcers haven’t been keeping up with their responsibilities lately.” There was no need to lie, Vixensnarl had been very MIA for a while now and he had noticed. Out of all of the enforcers, she, along with Cougarivy we’re the only ones left from when he was an apprentice all those moons ago. He respected that. Being able to maintain a position like that in this clan so full of death and violence.

Taking a deep breath he confirmed his resolve with himself before speaking ”I’d like to challenge Vixensnarl for her spot as an enforcer.” If you had asked the tom even just a few moons ago if he’d challenge someone, specifically Vixensnarl, for their spot as an enforcer, he’d have said he’d never dream of it. Darkfall had originally been fine with waiting for his turn, but lately he felt a strong desire to prove himself. Not just to the clan, or to Dawnstar, but also to Larkfire and to himself. He wanted to show that he was not only dedicated to his clan after his prior incident, but also show how much he’d been improving. All of those hard nights sneaking off and training alone were finally going to be put to the test. Or so he hoped, he still wasn’t even sure if Dawnstar would allow the challenge.

He scanned the leader’s face for any sort of hint as to what she’d say next.

Her tail twitched lazily behind her as she watched the large tom walk in. His eyes strayed to her collection, but she wasn't in much of a mood to comment on it. Dawnstar silently waited for the tom to begin speaking, maw curving into the slightest smile as he quickly got down to business. Hearing that this involved the Enforcers, she snorted quietly. Honestly, it was a good idea to make the clan keep an eye on the Enforcers to ensure they were living up to their responsibility.

She already had an idea of who he was pointing out in particular. Larkfire and Cougurivy really slacked, Nighthound was iffy not around as much as she liked, but he clearly had some time to make that up. Hawkbite has been rather present at everything and anything involving important matters within the clan so he was right. That left the one and only Enforcers who's been so absent these days it was more like she was a ghost.

She was right on the prey, Vixensnarl. It seemed that Larkfire had replaced Vixensnarl in terms of dedication to the clan. The once bold she-cat that consistently earned praise after praise during her younger moons was seemingly no more. Oddly enough, Dawnstar was okay with that. She couldn't expect all the cats to have the same level of drive that kept Dawntar in her position now could she? Out with the old in with the new.

"You've been putting in a lot of effort since you've returned to the clan, enough so for me to notice. You're around a lot more as well, more engaged with clan activities. You're doing far better now than you were in the past, I'm glad that you've been keeping your word." Dawnstar began praising the tom for his hard work. "But I can't let you challenge Vixensnarl." She yawned, ears raised and alert as she observed the younger warrior's reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitou View Post
**Sunsetpaw**
@Undertaker

The young apprentice beamed, puffing her chest at Miss Star's praise. She hadn't thought catching the bird was all that much better than any other prey but it had been her first true catch after her other misses out in the territory so she was proud of it nonetheless. Hearing that Miss Star was even more impressed by what it was unlocked a whole new set of questions, curiosities, and possibly ambitions than she'd known before. Her paws itched with the desire to go hunting again to see what all these differences were that Miss Star seemed to see. But then her mind shot back to the present, Miss Star's den, more praise? "Nobody brings you something to eat? We get brought stuff to eat in the nursery all the time...Oh," she wasn't in the nursery anymore and it suddenly occurred to her that nobody brought anything to eat into the apprentice den either. Her head cocked as her stream of consciousness derailed once more. She ended up shrugging then refocused on Miss Star, her pale blue eyes brightening as her mind left the last puzzlement behind her and moved on to the next matter. Her eyes moved with Miss Star's tail motion to the other flat cats scattered about the den. Her eyes widened in amazement. How had she missed all of the many flat cats?! She was quiet a moment longer as she took in the many colors and lengths and sizes all around her before landing again on Miss Star, "A pelt! Yes, yes! A pelt. Can the bird be a pelt, too? Or is it just cats that make pelts? How does it become a pelt?" There were pelts everywhere so the hope grew inside of her that Miss Star would surely be able to teach her how to make a pelt. The only thing that could dampen the mood momentarily would be if Miss Star said that only cats could become pelts. Then she'd have to wait for a cat that could become flat to learn how it was done.

Still annoying, but she was sure there was some weird potential in the young apprentice. Dawnstar blinked her eyes slowly as Sunsetpaw went off and asked even more questions. So curious this one was. The first question she seemed to draw her own conclusion, that or she just simply lost complete focus about what she asked in the first place. Sunsetpaw seemed more scatterbrained than her mother. But she's met another apprentice who seemed to be all over the place when it came to focusing as well. Dawnstar faintly wondered how Starrypaw was doing with her training.

They moved back to the pelts, and once again Dawnstar was stuck as her brain worked rather hard trying to figure out what the hell this cat was saying to her. "You can potentially make anything with fur into a pelt. Foxes, squirrels, and mice, if it has fur can become a pelt. You have to skin the fur off the body to turn it into a pelt. Birds... you can pull the feathers out... but they don't make pelts. You can use the feathers in your bedding though and they can be collected like pelts." Dawnstar's brain hurt trying to explain something rather simple. Who asks questions like these?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Larkfire

"Thank you. I'll let Cougarivy know." While Larkfire was enthusiastic about gaining Dawnstar's approval and go-ahead for the Enforcer challenge, she was still slightly hesitant on a different note. She couldn't very well not tell her mother the... other news and just pretend all was fine and dandy. She couldn't pretend Dawnstar wouldn't have an opinion on the matter.

"Both of them." She said after a moment, switching topics. "Both Dogpaw and Mousepaw have shown rapid improvement and involvement in ShadowClan."[/b] She canted her head to the side. "I just mean, if you're looking for new enforcers, those two are pretty good members of our Clan. Even if they are young." Her mouth twisted into a wry smile. "I guess I wouldn't have to be the baby enforcer anymore, then."

Letting out a quiet exhale, and eyeing the untouched rabbit at Dawnstar's paws with mild curiosity, Larkfire parted her maw to speak again. "Shadefrost, too. He's an active member of ShadowClan, and even while he gets on every last nerve of mine and is a little too prone to immediate violence, I still believe he's loyal and hard-working enough to meet the enforcer meter."

Finally, finally, the lithe grey female lifted her eyes back to meet her mother's gaze. "That rabbit isn't poisoned, by the way. If that's what you were waiting for." She should have grimaced at the callousness of her words, but hey, Larkfire was pretty sure her leader preferred to be straight forward. "And. Something I thought you should know anyway. I'm expecting kits."

[ @Undertaker - Dawnstar ]

Dawnstar's tail flickered, oddly pleased with herself. She wasn't sure if it was because she had done something for Larkfire or if it was something else. Strange feeling she'll come back to later. Her suggestions for new Enforcers were met with an eager glint in her eyes. So she thought both paws and Shadefrost of all cats could fill in the role of her missing Enforcers. Dawnstar generally preferred having a full set of Enforcers, having them around put her mind at ease and often allowed her to take care of stuff while she took care of more important matters.

The future warriors she could see, but Shadefrost? The leader had to think about that for a moment. It was true that he'd been rather engaged with the clan, as he normally was which was one of the reasons she had been keen on making him her deputy, but then he caused quite a large blunder. As far as Dawnstar was concerned he hadn't done anything to make up for it, but Dawnstar didn't see him as often as Larkfire. Perhaps he changed and improved here and there. She'll have to think long and hard about Shadefrost, but the other two were good candidates.

"I do need new blood for the Enforcers, I think on the candidates you've offered," Dawnstar promised. Shadefrost had been nothing but loyal and he could often be counted on to serve the clan to the best of his abilities when he wasn't being mousebrained. Yes, she'll have to think very hard about that one. Dawnstar was ready to dismiss the molly if that was all she had to say, but it seemed like her chat with her daughter wasn't over yet.

Her lips curled slightly when Larkfire commented on the rabbit not being poisoned. Was her paranoia that obvious? Dawnstar felt she was getting a little better at trusting the majority of her clan not to kill her at least outright. Still, being suspicious never hurt anyone.

The expecting kits suddenly thrown at her got a hint of confusion in the leader's amber glare. But it vanished as quickly as it came, replaced with genuine intriguement. "So you aren't just getting fat. This grand news, more future warriors for ShadowClan and kin." The ShadowClan leader sneered with her head chin raised proudly. One would think she was the one having the kits... Should she have kits? She wanted kits but maybe not now. Dawnstar still needed to figure out how to deal with her mate before she could even think about carrying around little living things inside her for moons. She didn't think it would be very hard to get Slytiger to stay in the nursery and rear the brats though. Future goals.

Before her mind could spiral further off-topic she returned her full attention to Larkfire. "Not that it really matters, but they're not Darkfall's are they?" Dawnstar stopped caring who sired ShadowClan's kittens a long time ago. So long as she had future warriors for ShadowClan. Still, it didn't hurt to ask. She was merely curious.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder

Last edited by Undertaker; September 13th, 2023 at 06:28 PM.