Today 02:24 PM
Closed Thread

Old September 2nd, 2019, 12:04 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave View Post
The burly brown tabby stubbled into Shiverpetal's den, at this point the pain had finally settled in over the shock of her injuries. Oakbranch collapsed in the nearest soft-looking pile, not caring too much if she was in an actual nest or not. Unsure of whether the medicine cat would know if she's there she mewed "Shiverpetal, I could use some help here," while trying to not sound too impatient.

@Dipper (I didn't know if you wanted me to mention you or not sorry if you didn't want me to)
Shiverpetal heard the commotion and delicately placed a leaf in the correct order before he turned to see who'd come in, immediately rearing back in disgust. "Don't worry," he said, regaining his nonchalant composure, "I already see the issue. You may have to be patient, though. I will try to fix it... but I am a medicine cat usually, not a gift from the higher powers." With that, Shiverpetal rummaged through his supplies to gather cobwebs and berries. The cobwebs were spread over the sides of her face and muzzle, his approval a hum once he was finished. Better.

The berries stayed in his mouth, a little snack for a job well-done.

After examining his work, he squinted as he saw her injured tail, a softly revolted noise tumbling from him since it was... gory. Too gory for his den. "Would you like me to look at the tail as well... or?" Wait, could it even be called a tail anymore?

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; September 2nd, 2019 at 12:07 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2019, 03:47 PM
My brain is a circus

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

Shiverpetal heard the commotion and delicately placed a leaf in the correct order before he turned to see who'd come in, immediately rearing back in disgust. "Don't worry," he said, regaining his nonchalant composure, "I already see the issue. You may have to be patient, though. I will try to fix it... but I am a medicine cat usually, not a gift from the higher powers." With that, Shiverpetal rummaged through his supplies to gather cobwebs and berries. The cobwebs were spread over the sides of her face and muzzle, his approval a hum once he was finished. Better.

The berries stayed in his mouth, a little snack for a job well-done.

After examining his work, he squinted as he saw her injured tail, a softly revolted noise tumbling from him since it was... gory. Too gory for his den. "Would you like me to look at the tail as well... or?" Wait, could it even be called a tail anymore?
Oakbranch's eyes filled with confusion, having no scratches on her face but now her muzzle is plastered with cobwebs, she contemplated the competency of the medicine cat. "cam youm fix my tail please," she mewed through gritted teeth, her voice muffled by the cobwebs. "and please, something for the pain," she mewed even louder, riping the cobwebs as she spoke. She wasn't sure if she had the patience to be polite anymore, she was stiff with unrelenting pain and the incompetent medicine cat might let her die here with a mutilated corpse.
Old September 17th, 2019, 03:36 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave View Post

Oakbranch's eyes filled with confusion, having no scratches on her face but now her muzzle is plastered with cobwebs, she contemplated the competency of the medicine cat. "cam youm fix my tail please," she mewed through gritted teeth, her voice muffled by the cobwebs. "and please, something for the pain," she mewed even louder, riping the cobwebs as she spoke. She wasn't sure if she had the patience to be polite anymore, she was stiff with unrelenting pain and the incompetent medicine cat might let her die here with a mutilated corpse.
Shiverpetal nodded contemplatively at her tail, deciding that it was rather ... disastrous-looking. It wouldn't help her image to be all bloody like that, so he applied a similar bandage with diligence that was secured mostly by chance. "Beyond that, I'm afraid I cannot do anything. I'm sorry. You will have to try to be decent-looking without your tail, but those cobwebs I put on your muzzle should help." Unfortunately, they were ripped now. "I imagine it must be very difficult for you," he spoke casually as he pushed poppy seeds in her direction, "but here you are. Something for the pain. I advise approximately one per cat you interact with."

The statement was a bit vague aloud, but in his head, it made perfect sense: one seed to ease the suffering of every cat who would have to see her in this condition.

Last edited by Fawn; September 17th, 2019 at 08:48 PM.
Old September 18th, 2019, 03:34 PM
My brain is a circus

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

Shiverpetal nodded contemplatively at her tail, deciding that it was rather ... disastrous-looking. It wouldn't help her image to be all bloody like that, so he applied a similar bandage with diligence that was secured mostly by chance. "Beyond that, I'm afraid I cannot do anything. I'm sorry. You will have to try to be decent-looking without your tail, but those cobwebs I put on your muzzle should help." Unfortunately, they were ripped now. "I imagine it must be very difficult for you," he spoke casually as he pushed poppy seeds in her direction, "but here you are. Something for the pain. I advise approximately one per cat you interact with."

The statement was a bit vague aloud, but in his head, it made perfect sense: one seed to ease the suffering of every cat who would have to see her in this condition.
Oakbranch turned her face away from Shiverpetal and rolled her eyes as she licked some of the drying blood from her shoulder, it wasn't too bad she guessed. As little as she wanted to move, she decided she should get out of the medicine cat's fur, especially since she wasn't particularly happy with his treatment. Her muscles had tightened while she was laying causing her to stiffly limp out of his den, barely holding her stump of a tail off the ground.
Old September 21st, 2019, 09:17 PM
the stars are aligned

Fawnpaw lingered awkwardly in the mouth of the medicine cat's den, a little hesitant about entering after his previous experience... granted, that'd been his fault, but it'd made him weary of the entire concept as he feared becoming violently ill again. Finally, he cleared his throat and started, "Hey, I uh... just wanted to--"

"Stay right there!" Shiverpetal's meow caused Fawnpaw to jump in surprise and rear back, much to the obvious chagrin of the medicine cat who was already descending upon him with a wild look in his eye. While Fawnpaw stood deathly still, fearful of moving, Shiverpetal's nose touched the top of his head and suddenly was inhaling him-- hard. Hard enough that it was a miracle he didn't get sucked halfway up Shiverpetal's nose as it slid down his back to drink him in. And when he was done, he pulled away to shake his head and mutter, "The old apple revels in its authority."

Fawnpaw paused, then squinted. "Yeah... so," he said, trying to move this along, "I'm kind of here to make sure I'm... okay? Because like, I got taken by these-- this weird, giant tom from ShadowClan who hit me on the head? It was all super weird."

Shiverpetal's expression puckered momentarily, but it relaxed into his typical nonchalance. "Little early for unlawful activities but neato, right? We gotta be accepting of other lifestyles and cultures."

Antsy and beyond puzzled, he averted his gaze. "Look, can you just tell me if I'm injured anywhere?"

Luckily, Shiverpetal appeared to understand the request as he approached, circled him, nodding in thought. "You are molding a bit back here..." he said eventually, tail gesturing to the spots on his rear. Fawnpaw's ears flattened. "Or... was your mother by any chance a cow?"

His stare lasted for several seconds before Fawnpaw gave up with a huff to mumble, "No, those are literally just my spots-- actually, it... it doesn't matter. I'll see you later."

Shiverpetal called his farewells and reclined into an overly-large, soft bed of moss to let out a dragging yawn. What a responsible mini-cow, coming in to get a report on his health. They needed more cats like that in RiverClan. If cats came to him to get checked on, it would save a lot of running around and pawsteps during the day...

Interesting.

Old October 17th, 2019, 10:32 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Begrudgingly, the silver feline waddled his way into the Medicine Den, wincing as he could feel the thorns tearing with every moment.

"Shiverpetal? Are you in?" His meow was hoarse with pain as he let his eyes wander around the den. Wow... It had been ages since he'd been in here. Last he remembered it was Heatherfur and Daydream, taking care of the wounds he'd received back when Riverclan had fought for their camp... their territory. Frostflight shook his head, the healed flesh stinging at the thought, or maybe it was the thorns that stuck from his pelt like a porcupine.

@Dipper

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old October 20th, 2019, 11:57 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Begrudgingly, the silver feline waddled his way into the Medicine Den, wincing as he could feel the thorns tearing with every moment.

"Shiverpetal? Are you in?" His meow was hoarse with pain as he let his eyes wander around the den. Wow... It had been ages since he'd been in here. Last he remembered it was Heatherfur and Daydream, taking care of the wounds he'd received back when Riverclan had fought for their camp... their territory. Frostflight shook his head, the healed flesh stinging at the thought, or maybe it was the thorns that stuck from his pelt like a porcupine.

@Dipper
yawning, shiverpetal stretched and felt the afterglow of sunlight on his fur until he opened his eyes to see he wasn't on a rock in the clearing like he'd remembered, or his den had come to collect him. "yeah, what's the word, pussycat?" he asked, rising to his paws only to see... hm. that one. "oh, i didn't expect you to be in." well, whatever. he leaned forward to squint at the silvery pelt, thorns clinging to the fur in several places. "did you fall over or something? you don't need thorns y'know, you got claws and teeth and everything. i get being the spare has to be a real downer, but that's not how you get spiky fur." letting his eyes close, shiverpetal called upon years of wisdom that he didn't have as he continued, "besides, even if it was... you won't get ahead by just matching those qualifications. you have to bring something new, something that gets you a leg up on him.. like..." shiverpetal's eyes opened, flashing, and he disappeared into the back of the den for a moment before reemerging. "try this," he instructed as he rubbed catmint over frostflight's pelt, "at least you'll smell nice."

Old October 24th, 2019, 12:52 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

"The spare?" He groaned quietly, assuming it to be an insult as he passively focused on Shiverpetal. Frostflight held his breath, still slightly unsure about this medicine cat. He carried some sort of groovy swagger to him... Eccentric, if anything. Though there was a bit of delight in the notable he spoke, so casually like Frostflight had intentionally conformed to the ways of the porcupine just to get the upper-paw in battle. However, the amusement was short lived. Medicine dens always gave him the chills... how could Shiverpetal spend so much time here?

"Yeah," He started suddenly, remembering that the other may or may not be actually interested in how he came to be so 'spiky.' "I was.. hunting and stumbled into a tangle of thorn bushes," Frostflight was still feeling absolutely miserable from the experience. His stomach was twisting and flipping with regret.. anger... nausea from the throbbing pain. If it hadn't been for the sudden tantalizing scent of the Catmint being rubbed against his fur like some sort of strange ritual, he would have hurled then and there.

"But will this get the thorns out?" I didn't come here to smell nice.

@Dipper

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old October 30th, 2019, 05:25 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post

"The spare?" He groaned quietly, assuming it to be an insult as he passively focused on Shiverpetal. Frostflight held his breath, still slightly unsure about this medicine cat. He carried some sort of groovy swagger to him... Eccentric, if anything. Though there was a bit of delight in the notable he spoke, so casually like Frostflight had intentionally conformed to the ways of the porcupine just to get the upper-paw in battle. However, the amusement was short lived. Medicine dens always gave him the chills... how could Shiverpetal spend so much time here?

"Yeah," He started suddenly, remembering that the other may or may not be actually interested in how he came to be so 'spiky.' "I was.. hunting and stumbled into a tangle of thorn bushes," Frostflight was still feeling absolutely miserable from the experience. His stomach was twisting and flipping with regret.. anger... nausea from the throbbing pain. If it hadn't been for the sudden tantalizing scent of the Catmint being rubbed against his fur like some sort of strange ritual, he would have hurled then and there.

"But will this get the thorns out?" I didn't come here to smell nice.

@Dipper
only half-listening, shiverpetal mumbled, "sure, sure despair." then, he leaned in close to get a whiff of frostflight's new scent and enjoyed the sweet, minty tang. yes, fallenfatherstar would like this. definite promotion on the horizon, or maybe just a nap time.

when given the story of this tragic event, shiverpetal hmmed and took a step back to survey him, the thorns and brush still clinging to his fur. it clicked with a sudden understanding. "...yes... wearing the pelt of your enemy, of course.. but revenge isn't worth the effort. infiltrating their ranks to take them down from within," sighing, shiverpetal shook his head, "don't bother. peace and love, that's what we need more of."

upon being asked if he was actually going to be getting them out, he replied approvingly, "i'm glad you see it my way. hate is a losing game, my friend. let's get you undressed, huh?" shiverpetal plucked away the thorns and spit them out, removing the remnants of undergrowth from frostflight's pelt. "you don't need pettiness, just show the bushes that you're out there living your best life, yeah? smelling nice and everything with a better aura than shrubbery could dream of having."

Last edited by Fawn; October 30th, 2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old November 10th, 2019, 03:37 PM

My Mood: Breezy

Chestnutkit slowly padded into the medicine den. “Is anyone in here?” She called softly. She wanted to learn more than she already knew about herbs. She looked around in astonishment at the wide spaces. “I shouldn’t look around here without Shiverpetal here should I?” She mewed to herself.
Closed Thread