Last post by Dark
Today 02:52 PM

Old November 16th, 2023, 02:22 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Default Re: ShadowClan Leader's Den

DreamingBloom

DreamingBloom padded in, dipping her head to Dawnstar. "So...I've been thinking about something. What if we made a short alliance with the other clans to hunt down a few Thunderclanners? The other clans have been having trouble with the squirrels, too, I'm sure." DreamingBloom said, her good eye flickering over the den. "We may have fought Thunderclan and won, but they're still as ignorant
as ever. I feel that they need to learn that we are strong, and that they can't disrespect us or the other clans again."
The molly said, dipping her head and keeping it there, not wanting to anger her leader.

@Undertaker

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
A New Dawn

Last edited by ChaosBringer.; November 18th, 2023 at 10:36 PM.
Old November 16th, 2023, 02:52 PM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Slytiger
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

Slytiger gave a sheepish smile at Dawnstar's question, ignoring the fact that she had been ready to hit him. Not worth bringing it up, otherwise she probably would probably toss him out of the den. Like, literally toss him. And he really did not feel like explaining to his Clanmates why got yeeted into the clearing. Which is why he also decided not to comment on the fact that she was disappointed he still had his eye.

"Well, after Elmshadow looked me over I was really tired and went to take a nap. And then you held your meeting and probably had to deal with a bunch of things involving Sunkissed Creek and ThunderClan, so I decided to wait until a somewhat less stressful time. Which I then gave up on because knowing ShadowClan that's probably not going to happen."

Hopefully she wasn't in such a grumpy mood that he was gonna get smacked. Well, he probably deserved it anyway, especially now that he plopped down onto the floor, making his intention to stay clear.

Maybe if he used his forepaws to slowly drag himself inch by inch toward Dawnstar's nest, she wouldn't notice?

"Anyways, I'm staying here cause it has to get lonely when you're in here by yourself the whole time. And obviously, no one is as entertaining, understanding, or as handsome as I am."

Slow scoot on his belly. Totally inconspicuous. No way would Dawnstar notice.

@Undertaker
Old November 18th, 2023, 09:02 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitou View Post
**Elmshadow**
@Rose @Undertaker

Stopping briefly in the clearing after leaving his den, he'd quickly searched out Larkfire. Giving the enforcer a blank green stare, he meowed simply, "Larkfire, come with me. I'm on my way to Dawnstar's den." Without waiting for a reply or to make sure she was indeed following, the dark medicine cat turned away and continued to his stated destination. Pausing at the mouth of Dawnstar's den, unsure if the massive leader was indeed within or not, he announced, "Dawnstar, if you have a moment, I have a matter that needs discussion."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Larkfire
She/Her | The Wraith
Shadow Fiend & Beefed Up (T1) Purrk

Larkfire knew not why Elmshadow had requested her presense. She knew not why he required for her to accompany her to Dawnstar's den — but if given a guess, the lithe enforcer would say that perhaps ShadowClan's dark Medicine Cat was wondering after the absense of his mate. Cougarivy, who Larkfire had not seen in quite a while.

A frown pulled the edges of Larkfire's maw downward as she rose to her paws and trailed after the green-eyed medic. Where was Cougarivy, actually? She knew without doubt that the Enforcer Commander would be back eventually from wherever she'd gone, but who knew, really? Pausing right behind Elmshadow, Larkfire peered around him into her mother's den, tail tip flicking from side to side.

[ @Pitou - Elmshadow / @Undertaker - Dawnstar ]

The giant she-cat lazily eyed the entrance of her den quietly waiting to see who'd be bothering her today. Despite how seemingly calm it's been in Shadowclan, Dawnstar had cats in her den left and right. As if summoning a new irrigation, the leader's tattered ears darted to the mouth of the den as multiple sets of paws drew closer.

A spark of curiosity lit up amber eyes as the voice that called out wasn't one of her warriors. Elmshadow? He rarely pestered her. Actually looking forward to this visitor, Dawnstar stood up and stretched meowing, "Enter," as she relaxed her muscular form. She sat down in the center of her nest, eyes locked on to the one trailing in with the medicine cat. Oh? He had her daughter with him.

Dawnstar wondered if Elmshadow was actually taking her suggestion to heart. Dawnstar twitched her ear in greeting to Larkfire and then peered at Elmshadow, she knew she wouldn't have to wait long for him to get to the point of this visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBringer. View Post
DreamingBloom
DreamingBloom padded in, dipping her head to Dawnstar. "So...I've been thinking about something. What if we made a short alliance with the other clans to hunt down a few Thunderclanners. The other clans have been having trouble with the squirrels, too, I'm sure." DreamingBloom said, her good eye flickering over the den. "We may have fought Thunderclan and won, but they're still as ignorant
at ever. I feel that they need to learn that we are strong, and that they can't disrespect us or the other clans again."
The molly said, dipping her head and keeping it there, not wanting to anger her leader.

@Undertaker

Dawnstar flexed her claws as she listened to Dreamingbloom's words. At first, Dawnstar found everything coming out of Dreamingbloom's maw insulting. The leader's fur bristled and her claws rooted themselves into the ground as she quietly seethed. ShadowClan needed no alliance, they didn't need anyone else to prove their strength! Dawnstar's seen no reason to build an alliance with any of the clans since she first took over leading ShadowClan, and she didn't. She lashed her tail and gritted her teeth, but kept from speaking immediately as a thought bounced around in her head.

If it was just a short alliance and to beat on ThunderClan... the leader's temper simmered as she sheathed her claws and fur gradually laid flat again. "I do not like relying on another clan besides our own, we are strong enough to deal with ThunderClan's antics. But I suppose it's not a horrible idea. If our goals align, I'll think about allying with another clan, but don't expect much from it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Slytiger
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

Slytiger gave a sheepish smile at Dawnstar's question, ignoring the fact that she had been ready to hit him. Not worth bringing it up, otherwise she probably would probably toss him out of the den. Like, literally toss him. And he really did not feel like explaining to his Clanmates why got yeeted into the clearing. Which is why he also decided not to comment on the fact that she was disappointed he still had his eye.

"Well, after Elmshadow looked me over I was really tired and went to take a nap. And then you held your meeting and probably had to deal with a bunch of things involving Sunkissed Creek and ThunderClan, so I decided to wait until a somewhat less stressful time. Which I then gave up on because knowing ShadowClan that's probably not going to happen."

Hopefully she wasn't in such a grumpy mood that he was gonna get smacked. Well, he probably deserved it anyway, especially now that he plopped down onto the floor, making his intention to stay clear.

Maybe if he used his forepaws to slowly drag himself inch by inch toward Dawnstar's nest, she wouldn't notice?

"Anyways, I'm staying here cause it has to get lonely when you're in here by yourself the whole time. And obviously, no one is as entertaining, understanding, or as handsome as I am."

Slow scoot on his belly. Totally inconspicuous. No way would Dawnstar notice.

@Undertaker

Dawnstar snorted and rolled her eyes while listening to Slytiger. "That's why I told you to drop it off before you went to see Elmshadow," Dawnstar growled, not overly shocked that the furball didn't listen to anything she told him. She swore he complicated things just to infuriate... the huge feline flicked her whiskers as she watched Slytiger just plop himself down like he belonged here. Why does every visit turn into a stay with him?

"I don't recall telling you that I'm lonely nor inviting you to stay, Tigerflower." Dawnstar hissed in return.

"You're right no one is as insufferable nor as exasperating, and full of himself as you are... besides Vulturefang," Dawnstar grunted standing up to move towards the warrior as he failed to inconspicuously itch his way over towards her nest.

She lifted one huge forepaw and dropped towards the tom's tail, attempting to pin it to the ground. Dawnstar faintly wondered if it would be easier to yeet the tom out of her den. But she could also see him just walking back in like a mousebrain kit who didn't understand what the words leave me alone meant.

"If I throw you out of here are you just going to come back?" She asked, debating on whether she wanted to be wasting her energy, she could be sleeping by now.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old November 18th, 2023, 10:39 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

DreamingBloom

DreamingBloom froze as Dawnstar's claws came out, and her fur bristled. DreamingBloom braced for a hit that never came. Sighing in releif as the Shadowclan leader spoke, she looked up. "I'll leave now. I'll be here if you need anything." DreamingBloom said with a dip of her head before padded to exit her leader's den.
@Undertaker

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
A New Dawn
Old November 19th, 2023, 07:12 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

moon // he/him

---

The noise and the fear scent made it hard to rest. For a moment he could have sworn he felt something touch him-- head turning against the ground and tired gaze struggling to make sense of who it was. One feeble sniff tells him it was Fallen. His big, strong, older sister Fallen... It was nice of her to try and offer some kind of comfort. But it's short-lived as Dawnstar makes her way over to him. Eyes widen in alarm as a talon reaches forward and promptly shut tight, ready for whatever's to come. Except nothing does. Hesitantly cracking one back open, he stares up at Dawnstar as she approaches and sniffs at him, body too weak to shrink away despite how badly he wanted to. And then she's gone and he's safe again. Honestly the presence of his siblings were far more comforting than that of their father so when he's shooed away, it doesn't bother him much.

Now they were alone with the terrifying queen. And he was showing too much weakness. Jaw clenched tight he forces himself up to sit beside his sister, a bit wobbly but successful. If the rest of them were showing off how strong and capable they were he couldn't be the weak link. This weakness would get him thrown out or maybe worse... Maybe he would end up like one of these pelts decorating the leader's den. A shiver runs down his spine as he thinks about it and he shuffles in to press against Fallen's flank, balling up and staring up at Dawnstar with an exhausted gaze.

[ so sorry this is late ! i wasnt sure who's turn it was but i want to move this along so here i am orz;; ]
soot | @rudolph // lark | @vellichor // fallen | @poppy. // darkfall | @Dark // dawnstar | @Undertaker

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old November 19th, 2023, 08:10 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Elmshadow**
@Undertaker @Rose

Upon the leader’s curt invitation, Elmshadow led the way into her den. He waited for Larkfire to move in and get settle then quickly got into the reason for his visit, though he felt fairly confident that the only one in the den who may not have a hunch as to what was going on was the very subject herself. All the same, it was only more reason not to bother beating around the bush. ”Dawnstar, I took your recommendation and I agree. There’s nobody I’d found more suitable to offer the rank to and I believe she’d serve Shadowclan well as my apprentice, until she’s capable enough to take the role of medicine cat herself.” He turned his green gaze on Larkfire. ”Larkfire, if you’ll accept the position as medicine cat apprentice, then I’d be glad to teach you everything I know and work with you in our duties to serve and heal Shadowclan.”

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old November 20th, 2023, 01:15 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Larkfire
She/Her | The Wraith

Frankly, Larkfire hadn't been expecting that from Elmshadow at all. It left a strange taste in her mouth, that her guess had been so embarrassingly off, for she'd never actually imagined... imagined... ah, stars above, Larkfire could barely think it without being stunned.

Amber hues drifted between ShadowClan's Medicine Cat and leader with mild curiosity. They'd talked about this, apparently. And she'd been entirely unaware. Eyebrows furrowing, Larkfire found the corners of her mouth slipping downward into a thoughtful frown. Medicine Cat Apprentice. Truly, she had never imagined such a role for herself. Deputy, yes, she had imagined that one. At one point she'd even gone to Dawnstar about that. Ivysnake and Elmshadow themselves had been warriors before, Larkfire had heard once in passing from someone. This was not so different, was it? Larkfire was a warrior too -- or, well, an enforcer, but it was the same thing.

Was this meant to be her place in ShadowClan? An outcome she'd never have suspected, and yet, she was being presented with. And come to think of it, Larkfire could find no reason to decline. ShadowClan had been without Medicine Cat Apprentice for quite a bit, and while Larkfire was not exactly one to be studiously obsessed with herbs -- this would become another task to take on. It would do her well, this knowledge that Elmshadow had promised to serve her on a silver platter.

So why should she decline it, when all she's wanted from the start is to find a place in ShadowClan?

Ah, wait... Larkfire could think of one reason, but in the end, the decision was not up to her. This was not how she'd imagined breaking the news, but both Elmshadow and Dawnstar probably needed to be made aware that she'd taken a mate, even if it wasn't meant to be any of the former's business. But specifically, it was up to them if they thought it would hinder her involvement in the Clan in the future.

Clearing her throat, the lithe grey feline cast her gaze between the medicine cat and leader. "If the pair of you truly think this is what's best for ShadowClan, then I will accept." There, short and straight to the point. Except, well... she had more to add, like always.

"But,"
Straightening, Larkfire turned mainly to her mother, hoping to gauge the larger feline's reaction. "I've taken a mate. Darkfall, to be exact. You asked before if he was Sleepykit's father, and while he is not, he's still agreed to adopt her." Her whiskers twitched. "I know you did allow Elmshadow and Ivysnake to take mates, but I figured you should know -- in case you'd have a change of heart over this."

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.
Old November 21st, 2023, 01:07 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

Dawnstar wasn't sure what it was about Lynxshade but she reminded her a lot of Shadowfur. And that was not good, this she-cat came to her clan wanting a new home and Dawnstar had granted her such, but she showed so little for it. The other she-cat was doing a terrible job of hiding her dislike for the ShadowClan leader. Normally, Dawnstar wouldn't mind such a thing, but when you have paranoia as intense as her...

Dawnstar faintly wondered if she should toss the she-cat out on her ass. It would save Dawnstar the headache of having to reason with her less sane concerns. Normally Dawnstar could at least be civil with cats amongst her clan so long as they proved useful, former outsiders usually took a bit longer to warm up to if she warmed to them at all. Dawnstar had put in a lot of work to ensure that despite any cats' personal feelings for her, respect was well maintained within the hierarchy.

Dawnstar didn't work her way to the top of ShadowClan just to be treated like a featherbrained imbecile by some nobody who was granted permission to be here. If she were a lesser cat and as impulsive as she had been in her earlier moons, Lynxshade would be walking out of this den with new scars and a lesson on respect.

"You've got quite a bit to learn about our ways." Dawnstar huffed as she finished hearing the warrior out. "Your idea is interesting but it's sorely lacking due to your insufficient knowledge of ShadowClan and the other clans. Bumblestar is currently dealing with RiverClan's antics and whatever other problems her clan is causing for her. She'll not be coming for Sunkissed Creek any time soon or so I assume. We won't know when she comes for it unless someone catches word about it at the gathering or she announces her intentions, which is unlikely."

"You can't bait her to take Sunkissed Creek either, the second ShadowClan leaves the Creek alone is the moment ThunderClan's suspicion rises. Leaving the Creek alone doesn't fit ShadowClan's behavior, we'd don't leave territory we've stolen alone. We're as aggressive with defending it as we are all of our territory." Dawnstar was really wondering why Lynxshade even wanted to be in ShadowClan. The more she spoke the less she sounded like she belonged here.

"True ShadowClan cats have no problem defending their territory with tooth and claw even at the cost of their lives. We do not shy away from battle, if anything we look forward to it. Something you don't seem to." Dawnstar told her with a thoughtful frown on her maw. Dawnstar wasn't keen on this trap idea after hearing how it would weaken their opponents before they even fought them. That sounded dull. Still, learning something new would be good for the clan.

"If you want to teach the clan about your traps, go ahead, but at the moment I'm uncertain how useful they'd be. I don't know how small your former group was, but the clans are too large for the movements of cats to be tracked, and precisely studied, even during war. If you can't figure out a way to inform the entirety of the clan where you're laying these traps, all I see is a lot of clanmates getting injured in turn and more problems for Elmshadow to deal with." Dawnstar growled unhappily.

"As for the lynxes, I've got no updated report on their whereabouts, however, as I prefer to avoid picking a fight with those wretched beasts, go find Silverlark and the rest of the Enforcers. Silverlark had lynx tracking duty. If he has confirmed a location that the lynxes have settled in, you come up with an actual detailed plan about these traps of yours and how they'd work on the lynxes, and get the Enforcers' approval, you can return to me and I'll see about enacting it."

Currently, Dawnstar felt like this had been a waste of her time. If Lynxshade had given her more details and worked out a plan that blended with how ShadowClan actually operated they might have gotten somewhere.

But all she got was little to no details and a dull idea that would draw more suspicion than anything from their opposition. Lynxshade had been willing to choose ShadowClan as a home, but it didn't seem like she had put much thought or bothered learning about ShadowClan's overall nature.

Lynxshade
Shadowclan
27 moons old | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Primal Instincts | Beefed Up (T1)

Lynxshade flinched slightly at Dawnstar's reaction, but stayed still in her position and maintained a calm gaze. Insufficient knowledge... it might be right, but that can't be a problem for her. I offered her an idea, and she just refused it based on my own flaws. She knew that the leader could well have taken advantage of the plan, but she had decided to keep to their traditional ways and not give it a possibility.

I see now that Shadowclan won't take advice from an outsider like me, especially if my ideas are so out of the ordinary. But I would've never called them arrogant until now.
She stared calmly at Dawnstar, trying not to notice the evident frown on her scarred face. She was definitely scary.

Unfortunately, there was one thing she had been afraid of and that Dawnstar had just confirmed. Shadowclan was too big to control, yet now one single leader stood at the head of it. Where was the connection? How could it be possible, if she had held her place for so much time as she had heard from her clanmates?
Lynxshade didn't reply but nodded briefly when Dawnstar allowed her to hold classes to other cats. That's something, but it won't be of any use if only part of our clan knows the position of the traps we set. This... isn't gonna working.

The realization on failure was now crushing on her like the strong rushing of a river in middle leaf-bare. Will I ever manage to set in properly here? To become a real Shadowclan cat? If she looked at Dawnstar, it was still odd to believe that she had now a leader that could order her anything that she wanted. Still, she couldn't bear the idea of leaving this place where she had found so many friendships already.

About the lynxes' problem, it seemed that Dawnstar wasn't keen on the trap stuff either, but at least she gave her a possibility. She nodded with surprise, already trying to remember from experience whether she had already talked with Silverlark or not. Yes... we were in the elders' den. I'm sure she'll listen to me, at least at the beginning.

In the end, she just dipped her head and waited a few moments of silence before speaking.
"...I understand, Dawnstar, that as a warrior of Shadowclan I am expected a valued knowledge about our ways and traditions. But I thought that this clan could also be open to change. Innovations." But she didn't care. Or at least, that's what she thought.

She could live under Dawnstar's rule. Even if she didn't like her ways, she knew they were still reasonable and that Shadowclan still managed to thrive thanks to her.
"But yes, I will talk with Silverlark and the other Enforcers. I'll get back to you once we have news. Or an answer to give you." She stated calmly, blinking once in the dim light of the cave.

Time to leave. Finally.
She dipped her head one last time before turning her back on the huge she-cat and retracing her steps back to the entrance, where she stood for a moment with her head risen to the sun.
She breathed open air once again.

Old November 23rd, 2023, 09:49 PM
Moonraven's brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellichor View Post
•° Lark °•
Shadow Fiend • Mind Reader

Lark didn't feel much as her so-called father was banished from the den. If anything, there was a small spark of pride. Lark and her siblings didn't need some cat pretending to care about them and hovering around, hissing at them to behave. She even flickered her gaze to where Darkfall had exited and, if one was observant enough, they may have seen the smallest of smirks on her maw. She quickly fixed her gaze back up to the massive she-cat and wrinkled her nose as she rudely demanded for their names.

Her siblings didn't seem to want to say anything, so Lark took charge and went first. She took one tiny pawstep toward Dawnstar and looked right up. "Lark." she spoke, voice strong and steady despite her underlying fear. There was something about this den, this cat, that just made her skin crawl. It was awful, but Lark was convinced that if she could stand up in the face of all this, she could do anything.

// @eris @silverwynds @poppy. @Dark @Undertaker \\
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Fallen

The black and white calico's face split into a frown as the bigger cat rudely snorted at her introduction of Moon, and Fallen made a rare move of elderly sister protectiveness and stepped over Moon, planting herself silently in front of him so the bigger cat wouldn't see how... sickly he was. But that would've worked a lot better if she was a) a lot bigger and b) had done that much sooner. But HEY, at least she was trying! Soot was being dumb and Lark was being cranky and Fallen wasn't used to being the mature sister! When would lark go back to being the mom of the group, because Fallen disliked the stressure (stress and pressure) very much. Turning her head, snapping it around so fast that any faster she surely would've imitated an owls flexibility, she fixed wide lapis hues on her father, breath coming a bit faster.

Oh shucks. Her dad was being forced to leave. "Dad-" Fallen squeaked out, chest rising as she prepared a sequences of pleas and whines, not wanting to be abandoned twice in one day, but common sense rushed over her before she could finish her plaintive whimper for her father. Why did he look so scared? This lady wouldn't kill her or her siblings, right? No, because kits couldn't die. Young cats didn't die, only super old cats died, and it was like sleeping. It wasn't ever painful, it was just like a nap and then you woke up in a nice, warm place with all your old friends.

But Fallen didn't have any old friends or memories yet, so she couldn't die yet; no one would be up there to play with her!

Nervously twitching her tail, she shot Lark a warning glance, hoping her sister would knock some sense into herself before this big tabby cat lost her patience. She didn't want to see what would happen to cats that wronged this cat. "Is that cat fur, ma'am?" She asked suddenly, pointing to the nest behind the older cat. She didn't know cats could take their fur off! Like a snake shedding skin, that was cool! There was less fear in her voice, although that would surely change should she know where the fur actually was sourced from.

[ @Dark @Undertaker @vellichor @silverwynds @eris ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver. View Post
moon // he/him

---

The noise and the fear scent made it hard to rest. For a moment he could have sworn he felt something touch him-- head turning against the ground and tired gaze struggling to make sense of who it was. One feeble sniff tells him it was Fallen. His big, strong, older sister Fallen... It was nice of her to try and offer some kind of comfort. But it's short-lived as Dawnstar makes her way over to him. Eyes widen in alarm as a talon reaches forward and promptly shut tight, ready for whatever's to come. Except nothing does. Hesitantly cracking one back open, he stares up at Dawnstar as she approaches and sniffs at him, body too weak to shrink away despite how badly he wanted to. And then she's gone and he's safe again. Honestly the presence of his siblings were far more comforting than that of their father so when he's shooed away, it doesn't bother him much.

Now they were alone with the terrifying queen. And he was showing too much weakness. Jaw clenched tight he forces himself up to sit beside his sister, a bit wobbly but successful. If the rest of them were showing off how strong and capable they were he couldn't be the weak link. This weakness would get him thrown out or maybe worse... Maybe he would end up like one of these pelts decorating the leader's den. A shiver runs down his spine as he thinks about it and he shuffles in to press against Fallen's flank, balling up and staring up at Dawnstar with an exhausted gaze.

[ so sorry this is late ! i wasnt sure who's turn it was but i want to move this along so here i am orz;; ]
soot | @rudolph // lark | @vellichor // fallen | @poppy. // darkfall | @Dark // dawnstar | @Undertaker

Dawnstar was glad to see she didn't have to deal with an argument from Darkfall. As three of the four kits responded, Dawnstar didn't bother with Soot as he had already given his name. After the tom had left, Dawnstar rolled her scarred shoulders and actually took to laying down to decrease her size somewhat and to hopefully make the kits stop shaking in their fur. They were stinking up her den. The latter was unlikely, as the feline was still quite massive even as she rested her chin on her folded front paws, but it was the thought that counted...sorta.

"So Lark, Moon, Fallen, and Soot," Dawnstar repeated the names back, peering at each kitten in turn as she said them so she got them all straight. "Relax, I don't know what Darkfall told you, but I'm not going to hurt you." Dawnstar meowed with a yawn, flashing her huge fangs. "I don't make a habit of hurt kits if I can avoid it." Or they give her a reason too. She didn't get much out of hurting hairballs, at least not hairballs that could potentially belong to her.

Dawnstar pointedly ignored Fallen's question for the time being, she'd answer after she finished saying her piece. "So here's the deal, hairballs. I know your mother gave you to your father, for whatever reason, and you had to more or less come here with him against your will. It doesn't look like any of you enjoy being here and I'm sure everything is scary and smells weird, especially me." She chuckled the last bit as if amused.

"You're currently in ShadowClan, and I, Dawnstar, lead it." Dawnstar didn't bother going into details here if they stuck around they'd learned if not she didn't want to waste her breath.

"Now, I'm not going to keep you here if you don't want to be just because your father wants you here. You're not prisoners, you're free to leave if you please. I'll even have Darkfall escort you out somewhere safe." Dawnstar was sure Darkfall felt some sense of responsibility towards his kits, as any parent should, but throwing them into ShadowClan without informing them that they'd be dealing with was kinda irresponsible. He grew up here he knew how unforgiving this life could be.

"But if you do want to stay here you'll be given safety, food, and a place to belong, I'm sure you'll make friends and who knows you may even get another mother and family that won't abandon you. Of course, in return, you'll have to learn, how to hunt, fight, and more, you may even have to lay down your life for those that live in ShadowClan. Life here is not going to be easy, you'll have to learn a lot and you'll have to be strong, weakness is not tolerated well here, but once you get the hang of things, and put in the right amount of work, it's worth it." Dawnstar yawned again and blinked lazily at the kittens.

"You four have a choice to make, do you want to stay or go? However, if you do stay and want to leave later, that works as well. I'd prefer you not stick around if you don't want to be here." Dawnstar added and then looked over to the fur that Fallen had pointed to.

"The fur belongs to cats who made an enemy of me and ShadowClan." If it interested the kit she could teach her how to flay creatures if she stuck around.
@rudolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitou View Post
**Elmshadow**
@Undertaker @Rose

Upon the leader’s curt invitation, Elmshadow led the way into her den. He waited for Larkfire to move in and get settle then quickly got into the reason for his visit, though he felt fairly confident that the only one in the den who may not have a hunch as to what was going on was the very subject herself. All the same, it was only more reason not to bother beating around the bush. ”Dawnstar, I took your recommendation and I agree. There’s nobody I’d found more suitable to offer the rank to and I believe she’d serve Shadowclan well as my apprentice, until she’s capable enough to take the role of medicine cat herself.” He turned his green gaze on Larkfire. ”Larkfire, if you’ll accept the position as medicine cat apprentice, then I’d be glad to teach you everything I know and work with you in our duties to serve and heal Shadowclan.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Larkfire
She/Her | The Wraith

Frankly, Larkfire hadn't been expecting that from Elmshadow at all. It left a strange taste in her mouth, that her guess had been so embarrassingly off, for she'd never actually imagined... imagined... ah, stars above, Larkfire could barely think it without being stunned.

Amber hues drifted between ShadowClan's Medicine Cat and leader with mild curiosity. They'd talked about this, apparently. And she'd been entirely unaware. Eyebrows furrowing, Larkfire found the corners of her mouth slipping downward into a thoughtful frown. Medicine Cat Apprentice. Truly, she had never imagined such a role for herself. Deputy, yes, she had imagined that one. At one point she'd even gone to Dawnstar about that. Ivysnake and Elmshadow themselves had been warriors before, Larkfire had heard once in passing from someone. This was not so different, was it? Larkfire was a warrior too -- or, well, an enforcer, but it was the same thing.

Was this meant to be her place in ShadowClan? An outcome she'd never have suspected, and yet, she was being presented with. And come to think of it, Larkfire could find no reason to decline. ShadowClan had been without Medicine Cat Apprentice for quite a bit, and while Larkfire was not exactly one to be studiously obsessed with herbs -- this would become another task to take on. It would do her well, this knowledge that Elmshadow had promised to serve her on a silver platter.

So why should she decline it, when all she's wanted from the start is to find a place in ShadowClan?

Ah, wait... Larkfire could think of one reason, but in the end, the decision was not up to her. This was not how she'd imagined breaking the news, but both Elmshadow and Dawnstar probably needed to be made aware that she'd taken a mate, even if it wasn't meant to be any of the former's business. But specifically, it was up to them if they thought it would hinder her involvement in the Clan in the future.

Clearing her throat, the lithe grey feline cast her gaze between the medicine cat and leader. "If the pair of you truly think this is what's best for ShadowClan, then I will accept." There, short and straight to the point. Except, well... she had more to add, like always.

"But,"
Straightening, Larkfire turned mainly to her mother, hoping to gauge the larger feline's reaction. "I've taken a mate. Darkfall, to be exact. You asked before if he was Sleepykit's father, and while he is not, he's still agreed to adopt her." Her whiskers twitched. "I know you did allow Elmshadow and Ivysnake to take mates, but I figured you should know -- in case you'd have a change of heart over this."

Dawnstar looked over to Larkfire after Elmshadow announced his intentions to make her their medical cat. She seemed surprised by the proposal, which in a way made sense. Larkfire had her ambitions set on deputy one day. Who knows, that still could happen, but Dawnstar felt her better suited as their medicine cat. She knew that Elmshadow wouldn't have a problem getting along with her, Larkfire had Ivysnake's resolve and work ethic. She knew Larkfire wouldn't fail anything she set her heart on.

The mother was momentarily smug when Larkfire agreed, then added a "but". However, her concerns were small. Dawnstar never has and never will understand the whole no mates or kits rule with medicine cats. Every other rank functioned and dedicated their lives just fine with the addition of mates and kits, the fact that medicine cats were expected to serve StarClan alone was beyond ridiculous. A medicine cat's devotion should be to their clan first and the spirits second, gifting the clan future warriors aided with that.

"Wonderful, I'm glad Darkfall got his act together and finally asked you. He is lucky you accepted him." Dawnstar trilled softly. Hopefully, this meant more grandkits! "You can keep him as your mate, I haven't changed my mind about that or you continuing your warrior duties so long as you know that your medicine cat duties come before everything else," Dawnstar told her daughter.

She turned her attention back to Elmshadow. "Well, I'm delighted to see this all worked out and I'm sure the clan will be pleased to finally have a medicine cat apprentice once again. I'll inform them at the next meeting. In other news, since we're on the topic of mates, have you seen yours? It is not like Cougarivy to go missing for any foolish reason, I'm sure she'll return in due time but in the meanwhile, I'll have some sorting to do with Enforcers."

Cougarivy's been at Dawnstar's side practically since the leader first took over the clan. Her disappearance was strange and left the Enforcers without a current commander. With Larkfire taking over as medicine cat, Dawnstar only had three Enforcers left. She'd have to sort that and potentially set up a temp commander till she figured out what happened to Courgarivy.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old November 25th, 2023, 01:23 PM
Just A Fossil

My Mood: Spooky

[Hawkbite]

"Vulturefang!" The Enforcer called out for the deputy, his green gaze eventually settling on the tom as he entered the camp from his short expedition. Internally, it made him feel icky to acknowledge the tom as such a rank. He wasn't sure if he'd ever get over that. Externally, he wouldn't show this feeling and merely gesture the large feline towards Dawnstar's den. His opinion didn't matter right now, this was a different situation. "The news I need to report pertains to you, you'll want to hear it," Hawkbite explained, not waiting on the deputy as he made his way towards the Leader's Den.

At the entrance, he paused, inhaling sharply for a brief moment. How would she take this news? "Dawnstar, I have a report to make," The Enforcer called in, awaiting the normal invite.

@Undertaker @elaif

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL