Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by burntToast
Today 03:23 AM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by Daragca
Today 03:08 AM
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by Minkuu
Today 03:03 AM
ShadowClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Daragca
Today 03:02 AM
Short Story Contest
by marshy
Last post by Daragca
Today 02:57 AM

Old April 12th, 2021, 08:26 AM
Peppermint Pudding

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Oh How the Cookie Crumbles... [OPEN]

Oreo
[ @Firey ]

The molly's irritable gaze had been fixed upon the path ahead, mumbling to herself under her breath it seemed as she made her way across the lush green forest. She wasn't sure what prompted her to turn and glance at the tom beside her, but it was definitely worth it, as she choked on the deep inhale she had been taking trying to with hold the laugh that burst from her chest.

"Now.. what on earth... are you doing?" she questioned between the coughs that threatened to shoot out her lungs at any given moment. After a moment to catch her breath, she just stared at his as they walked, a sparkle of amusement twinkling in her lime eyes.

Oreo
[ @MooingPanda ]

He tilted his head slightly, giving the tom a curious look. Monsters? What was with the strange terms this cat gave things, and what was he talking about this time? He paused hesitantly for a moment, simply looking forward before shrugging.

"Erm.. No monsters dwell within the resting place, only small mice and felines dare enter the walls. From what I know from my time staying at the most," he mewed in response, ear twitching as he heard the scutter of a mouse hurrying past the cats. Wow, perfect timing, although he didn't give it chase.

"Kindness is like sugar. It makes life taste a little sweeter"
Carla Yerovi

Character Site | Shooting Stars

I will not respond to one liners or five word responses.

Old April 12th, 2021, 09:52 AM

My Mood: Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperkins View Post
Oreo
[ @Firey ]

The molly's irritable gaze had been fixed upon the path ahead, mumbling to herself under her breath it seemed as she made her way across the lush green forest. She wasn't sure what prompted her to turn and glance at the tom beside her, but it was definitely worth it, as she choked on the deep inhale she had been taking trying to with hold the laugh that burst from her chest.

"Now.. what on earth... are you doing?" she questioned between the coughs that threatened to shoot out her lungs at any given moment. After a moment to catch her breath, she just stared at his as they walked, a sparkle of amusement twinkling in her lime eyes.
Kira dropped the face, shaking his head so that his ears waved around a bit.
I'm bored. Do you have a den? Is that where we're going? I know how to build shelters.
He was talking fast, but it was still comprehensible enough to make out some of what he was saying.
I'm Kira by the way.
He added on as if he hadn't just told her that five minutes ago.

Character Site
You can bump me after 48 hours! Sometimes responses get buried or I don't notice them.
Please visit my poetry shop!
How Jake died: He was struck by a meteor while sitting on a fence.
Don't believe me? Google it.
Remember: At the end of the day, Bonekit will always be the bigger baby!
Old April 12th, 2021, 10:10 AM
Peppermint Pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firey View Post
Kira dropped the face, shaking his head so that his ears waved around a bit.
I'm bored. Do you have a den? Is that where we're going? I know how to build shelters.
He was talking fast, but it was still comprehensible enough to make out some of what he was saying.
I'm Kira by the way.
He added on as if he hadn't just told her that five minutes ago.
Oreo

She raised a brow, nodding slowly as she just chuckled under her breath. What a strange cat.

"Well I was thinking we could head back to the barn I stay in, but I supposed it does make more sense to make shelter somewhere," she purred, looking up at the darkening sky and letting the cool breeze run over her pelt. The quicker they got out of the open, the better. Oreo was terrified of the dark, "Besides, now I'm curious as to how you 'build' shelters." As the tom told her their name again, she only shook her head, laughing once more as she sped up her steps.

Carla Yerovi

Old April 12th, 2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Oreo

She raised a brow, nodding slowly as she just chuckled under her breath. What a strange cat.

"Well I was thinking we could head back to the barn I stay in, but I supposed it does make more sense to make shelter somewhere," she purred, looking up at the darkening sky and letting the cool breeze run over her pelt. The quicker they got out of the open, the better. Oreo was terrified of the dark, "Besides, now I'm curious as to how you 'build' shelters." As the tom told her their name again, she only shook her head, laughing once more as she sped up her steps.
Kira sped up as well, his head swinging around as he searched for a good spot. Finally, something caught his eye. There was a large old oak tree bent slightly over a boulder wedged up next to it with several bushes of different species growing in a cluster around it. The tree and rock were covered in vines. The vines looked like they were just now coming back to life now that the frost had melted away. There was a small tunnel of crawlspace between the rock and the tree, but it looked like a tight fit for just one cat.
Go find some brambles!
Kira said before bounding over to where the crawlspace was and starting to dig it out like a dog. Dirt sprayed behind him, covering the bushes and sending a small storm of dirt into the wind.

Character Site
You can bump me after 48 hours! Sometimes responses get buried or I don't notice them.
Old April 12th, 2021, 02:04 PM
Champion All-Nighter

My Mood: Proud

Balor glanced at Peanut. Did he not know what a monster was? He could have a different name for them. He probably did, with the way he talked about everything else. Small mice and felines; so he didn't live alone.

"Is it like a barn?" he asked. "Does it have hay? Twlegs sometimes go in there?" he tried to describe it as best he could. For all he knew, Peanut might call it something totally different. "I live under a bush," he added.
@Pepperkins

Old April 13th, 2021, 08:00 AM
Peppermint Pudding

Oreo
[ @Firey ]

She glanced at the tom for a split second more, her brow once again raising, but shrugged it off as he called out the command, darting off to find the prickly wood branches. She quickly dodged a bit of flying dirt heading her way as she noticed the way he was digging, stifling a laugh as she padded around the growing pile of earth. He dug like a dog, how peculiar.

After a few minutes of searching, Mint returned, carrying some brambles in her mouth and balancing more on her back. Dropping the ones in her jaw, she looked into the small ditch the digging had created, looking down at Kira curiously. "Er.. is this enough?"

Oreo
[ @MooingPanda ]

He gave a smile as Balor mentioned the barn. An almost spot on description of it too. Letting out a purr, Peanut nodded as he spoke, tilting his head slightly at the mention of sleeping under a bush. Strange, who would want to sleep under a pile of leaves essentially? Everyone had their own preferences he supposed.

"Yes yes, none of the large creatures, all of the yellow dead leaves. Though the cold kept them cozy within their own lives," he responded, as perhaps the previously cold weather had kept them within their houses so they had not come. He couldn't speak for the summer time, "Either through the day, why under the lush plant?"

Carla Yerovi

Old April 13th, 2021, 08:52 AM
Champion All-Nighter

"No Twolegs? That's good." Twolegs always made things worse. As Balor padded alongside Peanut, he was surprised about how well they were getting along. Most of the time, he tried to push away cats. From where he came from, having friends just meant that you had to prepare for them to die.

"A bush? Well, now that it's warming up, it's actually pretty comfortable. I insulate most of it with moss and ferns I stuff in the gaps." Balor had to admit, the bush didn't offer the best protection, and cats could pretty much walk in if they wished. "That was the first place that I found after I left from my other place." He realized that he had left himself open to the question of what the other place was like. He found himself hoping that Peanut would leave that alone. @Pepperkins

Old April 13th, 2021, 09:38 AM
Peppermint Pudding

Oreo
[ @MooingPanda ]

He gave another small nod to confirm. "Only the fur and the feathered, no barren skins have shown," he chuckled, raising a brow slightly as he listened to Balor once more. Filling the gaps did sound like a good way to keep out the cold air, but what about predators? No leaves would be enough to hide the tom's pelt from eyesight. His attention was ripped back into the moment as he heard about a previous location.

"Ah, another life perhaps? I question the place if one is safe explaining," he chirped, tail held high as they neared the top of the small hill they had been climbing. Speeding up just a tad bit, Peanut climbed to the top with a few leaps over some fallen trees, eyes twinkling in the setting sun as he noticed the faded red barn just in the distance, "The destination nears!"

Carla Yerovi

Old April 13th, 2021, 02:05 PM
Champion All-Nighter

Balor had no idea what Peanut was trying to say, so he kept quiet. He was expecting the next question, but he still flinched when his companion spoke it. He thought about his past life everyday. It was so much different than the one he lived now. "It's hard to explain," he muttered after a moment. "Alright, fine. I lived in a Twoleg den, but there was Twolegs all the time. They had these monsters, machines you might call them. They did something with meat, grinded it up or something. The meat was really good, but the Twolegs never fed us any. We were just strays. A couple cats tried to steal some and they got caught up..." Balor trailed off and stared at his paws. "Anyway, one day I just decided to leave." Simple as that. "It was a really bad place. Kill or be killed kind of mentality." He glanced up at the barn as the tom pointed it out, glad that the attention had focused away from him. @Pepperkins

Old April 13th, 2021, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Oreo
[ @Firey ]

She glanced at the tom for a split second more, her brow once again raising, but shrugged it off as he called out the command, darting off to find the prickly wood branches. She quickly dodged a bit of flying dirt heading her way as she noticed the way he was digging, stifling a laugh as she padded around the growing pile of earth. He dug like a dog, how peculiar.

After a few minutes of searching, Mint returned, carrying some brambles in her mouth and balancing more on her back. Dropping the ones in her jaw, she looked into the small ditch the digging had created, looking down at Kira curiously. "Er.. is this enough?"
Kira crawled out of the crevice, covered in dirt. The entrance was a tight fit, but once inside a cat could walk in a small circle. Kira hadn't had time to press or reinforce the walls yet, so there were many stringy roots and brittle spots on the sides. He had dug a small crawlspace under the tree, and there was a small tunnel leading under the rock. The rock had a fair-sized bubble of air underneath it where Kira was able to dig back up to ground level. That would be a good place to sleep in case the lower den flooded. It was dark in that part, but it was big enough for two or three cats to have some personal space. There was a pile of dirt in the main part of the den that Kira would have to dig out of the den later, but for now, he needed to work on rainproofing. Well, as much rainproofing as he could do in a small amount of time. A draining system would also be good...
Yeah, that's great! Can you find some moss or something? The sleeping place is just through the tunnel under the rock.
Then he took a few of the brambles in his jaws and climbed up the rock, using the vines to help him hoist himself up.

Character Site