Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan > WindClan Events

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
The Starpoint
Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 11:54 AM
Atari Camp
by taillow
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 11:23 AM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 11:19 AM
Purrkie Question
by Myling
Last post by Rose
Today 10:48 AM
Closed Thread

Old December 18th, 2023, 12:26 PM
I'm Wind

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Sharpen the claws, bare the fangs [WC Training Event]

Wispkit comes up curiously. "Can I come too? I wanna train like an apprentice!" Wispkit asks.
Old December 18th, 2023, 01:52 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 43 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Hey, @Katiethewolfchild you rolled a 19 for Foxpaw, a 14 for Birdpaw, a 8 for Snakepaw, and a 20 for Caterpillarpaw! All with advantage (that mustve been a lot of typing)!

Watching Foxpaw struggle a bit with the rearing thing Crowtooth frowned and tried to consider alternatives that might help the apprentice. It was tough to work through your disabilities but not impossible, the asthmatic knew full well so with a considering wheezed hum the tom suggested "Maybe fer you try hoppin' instead of rearin'? Should be easier on yer leg and still put force behind yer blows. But good placement on that bite!"

Now if the clans generally thought of a windclan cat Birdpaw would be exactly what they thought of. To much energy constantly moving and perhaps a bit scatterbrained. Jokes on them, she could hit just as well as they could already. "Good work kiddo! One thing ta think o' though: get too excited i' a battle an' you'll ferget ta notice details that could win. Just somethin' ta think o'."

Snakepaw..... should probably be in the medicine cats den, the tunneler reflected with a frown. His breathing sounded like Crowtooth's which was not good given Crowtooth was disabled. But given all the distrust about the medicine cats den Snakepaw couldnt really be blamed, though the move failed due to that weakness, clipping off of the side and not sinking in. "Don' overextend yerself kid." The tom worriedly rasped. "The thing about a bite is ya gotta commit, glancing half blows are fine fer claws but wont do nothin' in a bite. Always take a break if ya need i'."

Finally there was Caterpillarpaw who....... who wouldve just dead blinded a cat if it was a real battle! "Holy cow kid! That was a strike, good work Caterpillarpaw! Yer poor dummy would be runnin' away cryin' right now 'f 't could! Pull that on a cat and they'll not be back ta try you again! Keep 't up short stuff!" That was kinda scary but good! Let the clans regret crossing that apprentice!

Hey, @ChaosBringer. you rolled a 10 with advantage! Bad luck!

Crowtooth winced as the kid attacked with ferocity but no grace. Good passion sure but as was clear from the clawmarks being left..... He was hitting all non essential spots. "Whoah whoah kid! Cool 't! Didja not hear me? Strikin' wit' force 's all good and yer doin' that but if ya dont hit the weak parts yer just leavin' yer foe wit' scars. Look," He pointed "Yer hittin' the back shoulder an' flank. A cat can walk that off, look at my scars Ive walked that off. Eyes, Ears, nose, throat, belly, and heels kid, go fer those."

Hey, @Cinnamon~ you rolled a 18 with advantage! A good start!

Once Poppypaw got started she'd find it less hard then she thought. Clawing and biting was instinctive in a way, kittens did it basically from birth in play as a sort of natural training course and those skills did carry over. Swipe swipe bite and the rest was just small details to make them more effective, you can do it!

Hey, @Cherry~ you rolled a 10 with advantage! That aint the best, but Im sure things will turn around!

The failure of the blow earned a small chuckle from the large tom but not a mean one. Padding up the tom wheezed in a breath and rasped out gently "Yer tail kiddo. Ya forgot yer tail." He showed off the move again and sure enough his tail swung out to counter whatever side was weaker then tucked close to preserve his center of mass. "Plus ya aint stayin' up there rearin'. 'ts more o' a short hop, just enough ta get yer front paws off the ground but 'f ya don' wanna leanin' forward while strikin' does the same but less."

Hey, @Pangoligon you rolled a 14 with advantage! Just over the cut off!

Crowtooth mustve added some sticks inside the dummy to support it because that bite made a horrifying crunching sound when you tore the dummies throat out. Your teeth feel just fine though! With a chuckle the tom warned "Good moves but 'f ya don' wanna End a fight stick ta the eye swipe. 'f yer 'n danger that bite will save yer life but not all fights deserve the death blow. 'f 't you or them then do 't kid yer life 's more important but not all border battle call for 't." Hopefully that was reassuring but not scaring her off.

Hey, @Ladiebugg you rolled a 20 with advantage! Nice!

Crowtooth watched the mock dodging with a keen eye and a crooked grin before purring brokenly at the successful move. "Now that 's true windclan movin'. Dodgein' around like that'll make 't harder ta tell where yer gonna strike and it'll help 'n a battle, also helps ya keep from bein' hit. Keep it up!" Not much to correct there to be honest but maybe she'd need help on the harder moves.

The arrival of the kits earned a stern glare and a warning gruff call "Poppysong! @MangofDoom I think I need ya again. Got two troublemakers out o' camp and not where they should be. Kits @Ravenswings @KitKat10 I don' know yer name but git back ta camp wit' Poppysong. Now. This aint no place for kits an' Ive half a mind ta let Fallownose know ta delay yer ceremonies fer sneakin' out." They'd have to, given this event did not take place in camp and Crowtooth had guided the group to where he'd built the dummies out on the moor. Turning again to Poppysong "Maybe tell Leopardsong or one o' the forever queens an' ask what they wanna do? Yer choice." the tom coughed after rasping the question and turned back to the group, moving on to the next move.

"Alright begginers, eyes on me! This move 's attackin' and defensive an' good fer when ya got someone on yer tail an' can' shake em!" Turning his back to his dummy he demonstrated, looking over his shoulder and eyeing the dummy before rearing onto his front paws for this one and kicking back like a horse. The impact rocked the dummy a bit, crumbling bits of dirt off and Crowtooth looked rather satisfied, turning to explain. "'ts called a back kick! Cats'll wanna be behind ya in battle 'cuz its harder ta hit, but not impossible! Shift yer weight forward and kick back with yer back paws, claws out. Aimin' 's impossible so dont bet on hittin' weak spots but you'll find ya got more force.

Turns out back paws are stronger than front so ya can wind yer opponent an' do damage wit' yer claws. 't'll get ya space from whoever's tryin' ta outfox ya an' is great for gettin' someone ta stop bitin' your tail." The tom seemed to realize something and sheepishly rasped on an addition

"Oh, an' fer most battle ya wanna keep yer tail tucked close an' wrapped around yer back leg. Cats'll bite that happily." His own tail scars were a testament to that. "Only move 't when ya gotta counter ballance an' fer this move keep 't tucked. Go at it!"

Move explained the tom released the group to their attempts.

@ChristmasFawn Nightpaw @Dust Lilacpaw @GhostlyStarfinder Beastpaw @AlliWant4XmasIsDdeonghwa! Orangepaw

Last edited by Rani; December 18th, 2023 at 01:55 PM.
Old December 18th, 2023, 04:13 PM

Status: I'm a zombie and I'm hungryyyy... Also if I have to get scolded can't it be for something I did?
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Foxpaw nodded and listened closely when Crowtooth advised her on how to adapt to her severely twisted back leg. When Crowtooth once again showed them how to do a move Foxpaw listened and watched Crowtooth closely, nodding when he said that in most battles they should tuck their tail around a back leg. When Crowtooth told them that it was time to try back kicking themselves and keep their tails tucked while they did it Foxpaw nodded tucking her tail, thought without the balance of her tail she nearly fell over a few times. After managing to steady herself somewhat without her tail she kicked at the dummy she had chosen with her good back leg.

Birdpaw nodded when the warrior with the funny and loud breathing told her that being so excited during a battle could cause her to miss something important. While it WAS true that she was excited that wasn't the only reason she was bouncing around thought she did try to stay still while Crowtooth told and showed them how to pull off another move. For a bit anyways but she wasn't still for long cause she got bored of trying to stay still and also found it too difficult to both listen and focus on staying still sense the autistic apprentice simply found staying still WAY TOO HARD, so she soon started bouncing again. When Crowtooth told them that it was time to try the back kick with their tails tucked Birdpaw nodded, skipping the tail tucking part as her bobbed tail was too short to be tucked. She then aimed to back kick the dummy she was aiming at with the maximum amount of force the small underaged four moon old apprentice could use.

Snakepaw nodded at Crowtooth's words. She was wondering whether she should have tried to claw the dummy since it was hard to use her full force when she was so tired, which she thought was probably the reason she hadn't used enough force. Snakepaw listened to Crowtooth's lecture about not overextending yourself and taking a break when she needed it, silent but for her breathing thought she had thought she that she didn't need a break, especially since she had gone longer without a good night's sleep than two nights before and she barely even noticed her breathing since it had been like that since she was very young, thought she had definitely noticed how similar Crowtooth's breathing was to her own, When Crowtooth began instructing and showing them how to perform the next move she listened and watched him closely, her breaths easily audibile and shallow, heavy and raspy and her chest aching with a dull pain while she stifled a yawn, as she was exhausted because of it keeping her awake the last two nights. When Crowtooth told them it was time to try back kicking themselves with their tails tucked Snakepaw nodded, tucking her tail and attempting to back kick the dummy as hard as she could.

Caterpillarpaw smiled at Crowtooth's praise, the tiny six moon old happy that she had done so well. When Crowtooth began telling them how to do the next move Caterpillarpaw began listening closely, as being blind she was completely dependent on what he said, as she couldn't see Crowtooth doing the move himself. She nodded when Crowtooth told them that you should usually tuck your tail in during a battle to avoid it being attacked. When Crowtooth told them that it was time to try kicking with their back legs themselves Caterpillarpaw nodded and placed herself in front of one of the dummies, as she could smell the sticks Crowtooth had used as a tail for the dummies and was able to tell if the stick was one of the sticks being used as a makeshift tail for one of the dummies since those sticks were slightly above the ground. The only reason she had ran into the Windgale at her apprentice ceremony was that she was so excited that she hadn't realized she was about to run into the tree until it was too late. She then kicked as hard as she could with her hind legs. (All of them have over one hundred words per cat) @Rani @Chaosbringer @Cinnamon~ @Cherry~ @Pangoligon @Ladiebugg @ChristmasFawn @Dust @GhostlyStarfinder @AlliWant4XmasIsDdeonghwa!
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. Birdpaw has flock together tier three and bilingual tier three. Toadpaw has silver tongue. Mantiskit has agatha kitty and mind reader. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.

Last edited by Katiethewolfchild; January 2nd, 2024 at 08:47 AM.
Old December 18th, 2023, 07:32 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Well, this certainly was interesting. Mud dummies... How disgusting; and just when she got the last bits of dirt, debris and matting out of her fur too. She was looking flawless, as always, with silky long and flat laying hair all along her back and a beautifully full tail. Now she had to ruin her look... For this. Mud dummies. How unfortunate. Honestly, the sacrifices she had to make for the sake of her training and this clan. But alas, you could hardly try strangling an actual clanmate... Even if some of them deserved it, with all due respect, at least a wake-up call. But alas. She did not consider herself violent like those nasty shadow dwellers, and as such, would gladly settle for one of these weird-looking and dirty dummies instead.

Sitting prim and proper as well (she wouldn't be caught dead looking any less than the very image of grace and poise if she had something to say about it). But her beauty standards aside, there were arguably more important things to focus on here. Her eyes were trained on Bravebird, a feline she vaguely recognised, as she demonstrated a rather peculiar attack. While, in practice, she could see it being quite effective at strangling and stealing the balance of one's opponent. But frankly, something Bravebird failed to mention, is that it appeared far more geared towards those relying on brute force (which she now had to assume Bravebird was a part of), rather than those with a leaner and more WindClan-like build - such as herself - who did not have much of force to spare. While certainly her muscles were trained to run fast and effectively for long periods - stars, she'd been the fastest apprentice in WindClan before her injury! - she did not see herself capable of pulling down a larger opponent by sheer force. Perhaps a smaller one. A much, much smaller, lighter and weaker one. But hardly a full-fledged, bulky, dumb and large ShadowClan warrior.

But, oh well. She wouldn't chastise the feline for it. Who knew, perhaps she'd be proven wrong. She would like to see that. Either way, it did not hurt to learn the move anyway, the more knowledge the better. And she certainly could use the practice, after several moons without training. So, at Bravebird's signal, Silverpaw idly turned towards one of the dummies. Rather curiously, she eyed its wonky construction. It didn't look very stable, but what was a cat to do? They weren't sculptors, so this would have to do. Well, first of all, her position. She came face-to-face with her muddy opponent, eyes narrowing slightly. Let's see if she still got it. As if on instinct, she dropped into what felt like a near-flawless crouch - it just needed light adjusting of her paws - which she promptly did. Her body and tail level, eyes focused on the dummy, step-by-step she went over the moves the warrior had shown them.

Firstly, rear up on your back paws. Unnatural, but save for having to keep her balance, she couldn't imagine it being all that difficult. Knowing what to do, with astonishing speed, she reared up on her back legs and aimed to throw her forelegs right around the dummy's makeshift throat (or just... Anywhere. It looked like a mudpile most of all). Wiggling left and right, or rather pushing left and right, made for a silly sight. But in an actual fight, anyone with some sort of brain, would wrap their paws around her too (as Bravebird had explained), but also be far more unstable on only their hind legs. At that point, it truly was just a question of who was stronger and able to wrestle the other to the ground sooner. With that in mind, knowing full well Silverpaw would likely lack the strength to wrangle down a big ShadowClanner, she opted to try the surprise option by throwing back all her body weight - and herself - if the previous steps went well, in an attempt to now pull the fake cat down with her. Of course, knowing this would expose the soft tissue of her belly, she knew to quickly pull in her back legs with the full intent of trying to kick up afterwards to get a chance at scratching their belly. Oh, her poor, poor fur though. This attempt certainly had her quite dirty already.

[ @tallulah ]

Last edited by Estelle; December 18th, 2023 at 07:32 PM.
Old December 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
Queen of allthings SCARY!

Bump Policy: 2-3 days is good
My Mood: Stressed

@Katiethewolfchild

Beastpaw blinked. Keep...her tail in?Um. Something about biting it? Oh,oh. Crowcat wanted her to hold her tail with her teeth while fighting. Weird,but okay? She bit her hairless tail, wincing at her own infliction. But... Her head was turned now,and she couldn't really see in front of her. The underaged apprentice stumbled around haplessly, bumping into WHAT WAS SHE EVEN HITTING?!?! Ow,ow ow.

She finally meandered her way to her target, awkwardly getting onto her hind legs and slashing at the target,her jaws occupied with biting her scraggly tail without cutting it in half. The small apprentice narrowed her eyes into slits and struck out wildly,one-pawed. She slammed her unsheathed claws into the thing,curling her paw. HahaHAH her enemeny was DEAD (it totally wasn't already inanimate from the start)! The problem was that,um. She got her paw stuck wedged inside the dummy.

Her momentum had been a bit much,causing her to have plunged her attacking paw in rather deep (which ended up with most of her teeny foreleg trapped inside as well). Whoopsies. "Um...Crowcat? Birdybee?Mees a-stucked. Helpsing?" Beastpaw pleaded around her tail, tugging at her foreleg ineffectively. Her paw was still curled and her claws were still unsheathed,making them stick. She gave a final,hard tug (almost dislocating her shoulder), and the dummy,sick of her mistreating,fell on top of the petite runt.

The weight felt like it was crushing her.Beastpaw passed out from the sheer shock of the incident. An yet her now floppy leg steadfastedly stayed within the vengeful dummy.

peez help hatche dem tank youze

Links: CLICK ME AND JOIN!
Old December 18th, 2023, 09:02 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Sleepy

DuskPaw smiled at the praise before turning her full attention to the demonstration.

Ooh! That seemed fun. And easy enough.. Let's see if she can do it..

Keep her tail in? Easy. Just gonna...

She tucked her tail around to the side, keeping it out of the way of 'other cats' that might bite it.

After she did that, she turned to face away from the dummy, making sure she was still in range. She practiced rearing up on her front paws a few times while also keeping her tail tucked in.

Once she had mastered that (supposedly), she tried the move for real, pushing herself up onto her front paws and kicking out at the dummy. She grinned as she (hopefully) felt her back paws connect.

(127 words)
Old December 19th, 2023, 05:43 AM
여상님 생일 축하해요!

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 43 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Aaaaaaaalright that's a good number of cats! Honestly Crowtooth was downright proud of the number of young cats who gathered, taking the initiative to get training and not just bank on their mentors doing all the teaching. It showed they were eager to protect themself and their clan and would stand up against the scum besieging their borders.

Cats who stood up for themselves lived to become great, now they just needed to be shown how.

With his typical crooked grin the tom turned to Bravebird @birdie , rasping "Good turn out. Love ta see 't. 'm gonna get started wit' my group, take yers on yer own time 't looks like ya got less so 't might bear waitin'." So after an affectionate flick of his tail against her side he padded off and called out, kicking things off.

"Beginners! On me, we're gettin' started yall!"

Padding over to his own dummy the tom started showing the move.
"The base o' any fight 's yer claw swipes or bites! 'ts basic an' most cats know 'em instinctively buuuut there's some tips ta make things hit harder!"

The tom lashed out, claws out against the dummy, rearing slightly right before it hit to lean forward as the blow connected, increasing the impact.
"As ya saw if ya rear onto yer back legs and drop down as ya hit yer body weight will be added to the hit! Also ya can curl yer paw 'n after ya swipe to do more damage 'cuz then yer claws hook an' tear when they hit.

As fer bitin'...." The tom shrugged, wheezing in a breath "'ts bitin'. Bitin' matters more on where ya hit. 'f ya can 'n any strike aim fer the eyes, nose an' ears on the head. On the body try an' get the neck/throat, belly, heels, or anythin' squishy. These spots can end flights fast or disable yer enemy. So try out hittin' those spots on yer dummies!"

With that the tom released the group to the exercise, stepping back to observe and advise.

• As a reminder if you write over 100 words of your cat attempting the move you'll get advantage and double your chances of success!
  • Rolls/results and the next move will be out in 48 hours! They only get cooler from here~

@Cherry~ Curlypaw @ChristmasFawn Nightpaw @Katiethewolfchild Birdpaw, Catapillerpaw, Snakepaw, Foxpaw @Ladiebugg Duskpaw @Dust Lilacpaw @ChaosBringer. Whisperingpaw @GhostlyStarfinder Beastpaw @AlliWant4XmasIsDdeonghwa! Orangepaw @Cinnamon~ Poppypaw @Pangoligon Springpaw
(I feel bad ;-; but I don't know english well, I can wrote better than read ;-; with the way Crowtooth speaks its hard for me to know what he says.
Orangepaw gave a small sniff and watched, confusion fittled over his features as he watched.

"If this moment is our wave. Dont' be afraid, face it with more strength"
- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old December 19th, 2023, 05:35 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Whisperingpaw(65/100)

The voices swirled and screamed in his mind, telling him to hit harder, but a real voice in the real world spoke, snapping him out of his trance. 'Mouse-dung.' He swore in his mind, his tail flicling impatiently. "Hit the soft parts. Belly, nose, throat, and heels.." The tom muttered and nodded to Crowtooth. Whisperingpaw circled the dummy, a growl rumbling in his throat. He swipped at the dummy's throat, then nose, and belly with his claws unsheathed. His body was so tense, and he swiped with such strength that he was panting when he stopped, his fur ruffled. The apprentice's gaze flickered over to Crowtooth, his dull eyes seeking for approval.

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
A New Dawn

Last edited by ChaosBringer.; January 27th, 2024 at 07:18 PM.
Old December 20th, 2023, 12:51 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Bravebird
She/her | 41 moons | Beefed Up T3 ᐧ One with the Warren

@Katiethewolfchild - Bearpelt rolled a 14 17!

With this being the advanced group, Bravebird had high hopes - and she was not disappointed. First up to try was Bearpelt and she went after the mud dummy with a vigor that made her proud to call the other a Clanmate. "Nice! Practice with that same passion and you'll perfect this in no time," she purred to her Clanmate with a nod.

@FrostyGalaxy - Lichenpaw rolled a 2 18!

Whiskers twitched in approval as her gaze shifted towards Lichenpaw. The older apprentice's tumble has the warrior concerned briefly but she stayed put as Lichenpaw got up and attempted the move again. This time she was a lot more successful, and Brave was impressed that she remembered to tuck her legs in at the end. "Great work of tucking your legs back into you. Not only will that shield your belly, but you can also rake into your enemy's own belly or deliver a powerful kick." A nod of approval was sent Lichen's way.

@christmassharkie - Blizzardpelt rolled a 15!

Blizzardpelt seemed to have it down too, though she could tell like most cats attempting this move for the first time he must've felt a bit awkward standing like a badger. "A good thing to practice to make this move easier is standing on your hind legs, working on your balance." To demonstrate Bravebird reared up on her hind legs with precise and practiced balance, churning her front paws in the air. After a bit she let them hit the ground once more. "Day in and day out, it will make it like second nature."

@Micanomancy - Hawkfur rolled a 16!

Blue eyes watched Hawkfur intently as the warrior approached the mud dummy, aiming to twist and try to force the 'opponent' underneath him. That was a smart take, and an alternate way to gain the upper paw in the battle that didn't include rolling backwards. His next attempt had him successfully rolling back too, and both ways would definitely be formidable moves with more practice. His apologetic look was met with amusement an twitching whiskers as the lilac lynx-point shook her head to show it was perfectly alright. "Keep at it! You seem to have the strength to wrestle the enemy underneath you - which might be more beneficial than trying to roll backwards," she added thoughtfully. She herself always went to pull back because she was not the biggest cat out there, nor the most strong - but her speed was tough to rival.

@RustyChristmas! - Catchingflame rolled a --!

Not all of the warriors seemed keen to attempt the move, however. Narrowed blue eyes swept towards Catchingflame as the warrior simply stood there. "If you're not going to participate, there's some nests you can warm up back at camp," grumbled the seasoned warrior with a shake of her head. She wouldn't kick the she-cat out, and hoped that her words would light a spark underneath their rump and kick them into gear.

@Estelle - Silverpaw rolled a 4 17!

Another one of the older apprentices, and something about this one was faintly familiar - a tugging at memories that were slowly returning to her. Bravebird watched silently as she attempted the move, already quite impressed with the speed in which Silverpaw moved. She would make a wonderful warrior soon, there was no doubt in that. Her fall onto her back was exceptional and her swift kick upwards would surely drive the air right out from her enemy. "If you aim your kick right," the lynx-point started as she neared the apprentice, "you can drive the wind out from them. It will give you the upper paw of being able to either kick them off of you - powerful legs are part of what WindClan cats are known for, after all - or stun them long enough to get a few good swipes in."

-

She gave another nod to the apprentice before looking to the newcomers. She waved her tail towards Dewsong [ @Desert Rain Frog ] to join on in, giving a nod of respect to Badgersnap as it appeared the elder had decided to join. "Alright! Keep at that one, practice your balance, practice rolling onto your back - all of that will make the move easier." There would be more time after to practice, especially after this event was over, but for now it was onto the next move.

Moving onto one of the mud dummies that she had constructed with the help of Crowtooth, this one had a space underneath just large enough for a cat. "The next one will require what WindClan is best known for - speed. You'll start by racing at your opponent. Then at the last moment you'll duck to the side to slide underneath them, using your claws to rake their belly, before darting out from underneath them." She was fairly certain why speed was important, but Brave decided to explain it anyways just incase. "Without speed on your side, this move can prove dangerous for you - your enemy could land their full weight on you before you even get your claws out of their sheaths." The last time she had seen this move used in battle... had been the Sky Glade, if she recalled correctly. Twilightstar had used it against Dawnstar, the quick evasiveness managing to out maneuver the massive leader.

Turning to the oddly shaped mud dummy, Brave rushed at it with a startling speed. Upon drawing close the warrior ducked and slipped onto her side, allowing her momentum to push herself under the mud pile. Claws unsheathed tore at the mud dummy she was now under before she turned and bolted out from underneath, springing back around onto her paws. Mud covered her from where it had fallen from her scrapes, but if anything it would make the move more authentic; if claws pierced deep enough, the cats who performed this move thoroughly on an enemy would find themselves sporting dapples of the scarlet variety.

"Your turn now. Go slow at first if you need to, but understand that too slow will result in not enough momentum to propel yourself fully underneath your opponent." With that, Bravebird stepped back to observe the cats in her group perform the move.

[ Remember! Have your cats attempt the move in your next post! Posts with 100+ words will roll with an advantage of getting two roles, and the higher of the two will be recorded ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old December 20th, 2023, 02:29 AM
A living KANKAN sava ad

Bump Policy: 1 week if my mood is busy, 4 days if not, 2 days if time sensitive. If i'm on hiatus, do not bump me
My Mood: Asleep

| Springpaw | She/Her | The Cheerful Girl
Windclan Apprentice | Post : 23
purrks: none
Ooohhh whoops, Springpaw must have been a little too excited. Sorry dummy, didn't deserve that one. Yeah now that the apprentice thought of it, she probably shouldn't be hurting anyone that badly if it's just a little border skirmish or some smaller problems were to happen. But hey, at least now she knows if she's ever in any kind of danger where she could possibly die! Now, it's time for the next move! She's learning how to do a back kick? Sounds really interesting! The girl listened intently to Crowtooth's explanation on the move, blue-hazel eyes glimmering with happiness. Okay, so she has to put her weight at her front paws and kick her opponent with her back paws! Sounds a bit fun to do! Wait, she won't be able to aim...? Oooh oh..oh right it's the back paws...yea that makes sense now. Huh, she didn't know her back paws are stronger than her front ones...that's neat to know! Wonder how that works. And she gotta keep her tail near her back leg so no one can bite it during a fight! Okay, got it! With a hopefilled smile on her face, she went over to her dummy again. Oh yea sorry again for that throat...at least dummies aren't alive, right? She turned her back on the dummy, trying to put her weight onto her fore legs. It was a bit harder to get it right than the first move. It took Springpaw one..2..or 4...different failed attempts at rearing onto her forepaws before she finally gets it more perfectly. Heheheh....well that's not really a good start, is it? Well anyway, after she reared up on her forepaws, she kicked the dummy behind her with her hindpaws as hard as she could!! Before quickly going back to standing with her 4 paws, placing her tail near her leg while looking at the dummy to see if she did great or not. Last time she got a little too excited and would've killed the dummy if it was alive, so what about this time?

groareroraqreoroar - dino
ghostie wuz herez

Last edited by Minkuu; December 20th, 2023 at 02:36 AM.
Closed Thread